Speaker 1: Appogiae production ocome back to another episode about My Bad Mom. Here we are. We show up three times a week and we winge about I can.
Speaker 2: I get it all the time? What's podcast actually about? Like the endless? The topics that we go through are endless. But I mean the title of the podcast, am I A Bad Mum? It's very self explanatory. We just basically hang shit on ourselves about the ability of parenting and whether we can show some of those like abilities once or twice during the week.
Speaker 1: My girls are because they're gen z. They're let's remind me of that all the time. Actually, you're a millennia. You're so millennial?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: They do a lot of videos and like catcut and things like that, Yeah TikTok, I guess and stuff. And Jay said to them, do you want to learn how to do videos for like socials? So for the podcast, for example, we filmed the podcasts and then we put a video on Socials to give it a little tease and they were like yeah, yeah, great. And so Jay's like going through the drive of all the different podcasts, and he said, shall I give him an episode of Am I A Bad Mum?
Speaker 2: To do?
Speaker 1: I went no, not until I listened to what it was about. First. He was like, oh, just like yeah, you can just go through one. I was like, no, I don't know what I said in the episode. I don't want them listening.
Speaker 2: To it, like yeah in my head that, I was like, no, they'd have the field day with it. They'd absolutely annihilate us.
Speaker 1: I was worried about what we said, and so in the end he gave them a true crime to do.
Speaker 2: What a great representation of great parenting?
Speaker 1: Am I a bad mum for trying to reason with the unreasonable? So I spoke on a previous episode about how my girls are Billie Eilish obsessed and they wanted to save up some money and fly to London to go to her concert.
Speaker 2: I wondered, how this is going, Yeah, so it's going obviously.
Speaker 1: Well I did have the conversation of going, this is really unachievable. Oh you did, because.
Speaker 2: Because that was the conversation you and I had, which was like, do I break their dreams down now.
Speaker 1: Or just later? Yeah, I kind of did, because.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that we went through that. Because I didn't. We said don't do.
Speaker 1: It nil July at least, Yeah, we did, but the concert is in July, and I was like, look your flight prices that you've put in your document for you know what your expenses are. Well, by the time you can save that money and book them, they're going to be a lot more than that. Yeah, it's and then the whole who's going to go with you? We can't just send you across the world on your own. Anyway. They were pretty good at receiving the news that we're not really going to London in July. It's probably not going to happen. And then Amelia comes up with a brain wave. She turns around to me and she says, do you have points? Do you have like flight points? I was like, yes, so we could just choose those when first of all, I don't have enough for everyone to go to London.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Secondly, those are my points. It's like money. I want to use them towards our flights to go somewhere. She turned around and she wear them. Yeah, but you use my points for when I fly. They're mine. Oh, I pay for your flights. Whenever you've got points from flights, I've paid for the flights. Hollypie up with yeah, actually, and that's the same with when you get a massage, that's my allowance. Oh and you don't pay for the health insurance.
Speaker 2: No, no, these kids are a riot at the moment. They're out of control.
Speaker 1: You know now I'm doing.
Speaker 2: You start paying for that private health insurance, and you start paying for the flights that you sit your ass on an aircraft with your null and void to those.
Speaker 1: Points, my friend, I say to the girls sometimes I like to remind them of how much things cost, because I'm like, your braces, like when we go to an appointment or whatever, I'm just a reminder. You know your braces. You know they cost seven thousand dollars. Yeah, there's a lot of money. Yeah, And they go, yeah, but you get money off from using your health insurance. I went, I pay for the health insurance. Doesn't just come for free. It's like the health insurance just go oh, here you go, here's a couple of thousands towards your braces. Just help you out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I paid for that. No, yeah, I know. But they also obnoxiously understand that they're not dumb children. Yeah, they absolutely know that that's what's happening. It's to push my buttons to sure of it. Just on another note, just why we're talking about it. How is the dentist going. Have they helped to check her races off? This is we started this the other week, and I'm like, I'm dying to know if your child's still got braces on it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Amelia's had her braces taken off, that's all fine, it's all good. Her account is paid clip to date, right, Yeah, Holly's kind of like we breached.
Speaker 2: On it like two weeks ago and you said, yeah, so yeah, no, we'll talk about that another time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So she's almost able to get them off, and I said at the last appointment she would really love them off for a semi four more, which is in like however many weeks, and the dentists went, yeah, I think that that's achievable. Yeah, cool, let's book or to have them taken off. Now I've booked her in. Then I get a phone call and she goes just to let you know you're still owing quite a bit on your account, and I was like, oh shit, am I I don't know, And really what it is is that I forget to pay the monthly payment. They don't tend a reminder.
Speaker 2: By the way, it's like, it's not at the forefront of your mind on you braces. That's a problem. You need to get your systems in order, because you're not reminding me, so therefore not paying.
Speaker 1: But what it is is that then we will have an appointment and it reminds me, and I go, I need to make a payment, and I just go on to make a payment in the car park, and then by the time I've gone in, they're like, oh, who's your animal? I just made a payment. Then I get an email, right and the email says you know how messages in text often don't come across as nice as what you would say person.
Speaker 2: This was email.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this email that came through basically said your account's not up to date. If you do not make the payment in full, we will not be taking her braces off. Oh. I immediately RATE got my back up and I was like, what the fuck You're not going to take my child's brace? Like, set aside the fact that you know, I run a business. I absolutely appreciate that people need to pay and bills need to be sortid and all the rest of it. I get that. However, the way you said that to me made me feel like a piece of shit, and I actually got my back up go into extreme rate. I was like, I want to get my braces done. I'm not going to get done at that place, and I go elsewhere. I'm going to take my business. I've spent fourteen thousand dollars at this place, and you're telling me that if I don't pay the extra bit that there is owing, then you're not going to take my child's braces off.
Speaker 2: Got them forever.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna air task at that shit, and I'm going to get someone to take the braces off, and I'm not going to pay the rest of my bills because you've sent that email. You made me feel like shit, and I'm not doing any of it.
Speaker 2: This is so good. I want to see someone air task the shit out of this. Can we put it up just to see where it lands? Air tasker? Somebody removed my.
Speaker 1: Child's braces because I haven't paid.
Speaker 2: The bill, because she's going to send me four more. It's really important. The responses would blow my mind, honestly, So what's happened? Where are we at on? Like? Did you ring them after the abusive email? No?
Speaker 1: So I did what it wasn't a body would do, and I ignored the email waited for a phone call and I said, I'm so glad you called. And I was really nice and the lady was lovely because your email made me feel like shit, and she said, I'm so sorry. And we talked it through and I was like, no worries, more than happy, and off we went on our jolly way.
Speaker 2: It is so true, like you just said, the text and the email else like the tone, because you can't hear the tone the way that you read. It could just be how you're feeling. Maybe how about my tone? Your email made me feel like shit. Me if I was on the other side of that and I'm receiving that, I'd be like, oh oh sorry that that I was having a great old time I was. I was writing it, going you kids are going to get her braces off before semi form.
Speaker 1: New day tomorrow, New day tomorrow. I really pay your bill, say the field, and I really try and sort out my attitude problem.