Speaker 1: We got gets you everday morning, every dayDay, every lazy gentleman adelaides, let's talk about jen z and how they are consuming significantly less.
Speaker 2: Alcohol than previous generations. I guess, well done. That's a good thing, more for me. So this trend is primarily fueled by a heightened awareness of health, both mental and physical, and a desire to maintain control over their image, especially in the age of social media, which I guess makes a lot of sense because if there was some photo circulating of me back in the day eighteen to twenty one, oh boy boy could be in jail purely from embarrassment.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly. Let's bring in our resident jen Zeta.
Speaker 4: Zoe produces Zoe, who's breaking the trend? If she sounds a bit rusty, it was a solid weekend.
Speaker 5: I've never been a follower. I'm not following that trend.
Speaker 6: Not drink.
Speaker 2: That was awful, the whole voice breaking thing that point beautifully.
Speaker 5: No, Yeah, that was actually shocking to me. Maybe it's just my circle of friends. But well, you certainly drink.
Speaker 3: A bit, really, so you haven't You haven't noticed that?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: I have, I have, especially on social media. I think that's the big one. It's like how run clubs are the crazy thing. Now you know, you're not going out and drinking on a Saturday night because you're getting up at six and going through a run on Sunday.
Speaker 6: Not me.
Speaker 2: Yeah some of them. So she's not drinking. Sheoke a thousands. I've got cigarettes, I've got nudes.
Speaker 3: I think I wish it had been a thing when I was your age.
Speaker 4: Yeah, less because when I was growing up, it was like God, everyone just went out on a Saturday night and got absolutely written off. And I think the more you read about the harmful effects of alcohol and the more you look into there's a lot of people my age who are sober curious they call it and just want to have a cracket, either really cutting back how much you drink or not drinking at all.
Speaker 3: And I think it's such a good thing because you think about it.
Speaker 4: I reckon alcohol in the way is like the new cigarettes, right, so cigarettes were sold is glamorous and to have a good time you have to have cigarettes and.
Speaker 2: Jimmy d.
Speaker 4: But I think the same that could be said of alcohol. So you think about our advertising and everything, we're fair. To have a good time, you have to have alcohol. And I don't think that's necessarily the case.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think as well. My generation definitely don't drink at home.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I can't see if everyone, but I would never just have a bottle of one at home, Yeah, for during the week or whatever. So maybe the drinking lesson is just really going for it once every two weeks.
Speaker 4: I think the drinking at home during the week comes with parenthood that you reckon with the stresses of having children.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely lean parenthood with alcoholism, for sure. There's an increasing demand for non alcoholic and low alcohol beverages, letting both establish brands and new companies to explore and innovate in the growing market. I'm going to be honest with you. When I first saw of a non alcoholic beer coming.
Speaker 6: Out, I.
Speaker 3: Still you thought, what's the point, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Because I remember saying to my dad years and years ago. I remember saying, gosh, I love beer, and he said it was very wise. He said, well, would you like it if it didn't make you drunk? And I was like, oh go. He's like, if you if there was no alcohol, would you choose beer?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: That gets you thinking.
Speaker 4: So you would never go to the service station because they're in the service stations now and buy like a six pack of non alcoholic beer.
Speaker 2: If I was drinking something that I didn't care if it was bad for my waist, yeah, I'd drink it. Can't cocer, yeahs coke. My kids aren't listening because we're trying to steer them away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I look, to be honest, I've tried that non alcoholic gin and it just makes me want real gin.
Speaker 2: So there's a lesson in all this. I don't know what it is. Jose Let's talk about the great Man. Yeah, that's right. Can't West Man? This is a cat snake. We've always said that. Perhaps matter you see a snake, you said it's been cut. You think Kanye West takes it to a new level.
Speaker 3: You look at that snake and you go much more, say than Kanye.
Speaker 2: But in this particular situation, it's not Kanye's fault. Oh, how about this for an outrageous story. A twenty eight year old Kentucky woman called Ricky Smith that's Ricky Smith, not Ricky Lee was arrested in Evansville after allegedly attempting to steal multiple vehicles. Oh. She claimed that she was instructed to commit the thefts through telepathic communication with Kanye. So the insnant took place on North Main Street, where Smith was seen trying to open car doors. She was removed from one car by mother who was dropping her child off for daycare. She was arrested and taken to the local county jail and after further investigation. I'm just going to put it out there, ladies, stop blaming us for things that we have no controller. Okay, it happens all the time. In fact, that happened just the other day when you got anger at your beautiful husband, greg Otti because he cheated on you in your dream.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, well that's fair enough. It was a very very real dream.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Who doesn't do that.
Speaker 4: Who doesn't wake up and silently see that their husband and rage at them because they've cheated in their dreams?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he doesn't do it. I mean, it's happened to me a couple of times. Oh really in reverse. But I just accepted. What do you mean, Well, if it happens, if I have a dream of the car is chatting on me, then it means I need to get to work. Yeah, right, Like it's a sign for the future.
Speaker 4: Okay, you need to work harder with your wife and your relationship.
Speaker 2: But in terms of the whole happy wife, happy life thing, this supplies as well to Kanye. So Kanye is going to jail for this. He's been convicted.
Speaker 3: That's fair enough.
Speaker 4: Now that's a.
Speaker 2: That's a joke. That's a joke, job a terrible jobs. Now you're captain Joe's Oh no, the skipper of the joke.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Well, I just feel like I can't get away with whatever you used to get away with, but I will try. Andrew Hayes, why are people with foot fetishers never win?
Speaker 2: Why do people with foot fetishes never win.
Speaker 3: Never win anything?
Speaker 2: I'm sure, do you know what?
Speaker 3: Because they like the taste of defeat. Defeat it.
Speaker 7: Look at you, lead by example, straight off the bats. Follow follow me, guys, stop put some stuff out like that, and I will lead you into the promise. Then I'll go one for your short and sharp as well. What's the best way to drown a hipster?
Speaker 3: Best way to drown a hipster?
Speaker 2: Throw him in the mainstream. We were at the show on Saturday morning for the grand opening, and.
Speaker 4: Being a parent is a wonderful responsibility One that we all take very very seriously, but sometimes you just forget to do it. And that was the case when we spoke to Will Rainer, who's the head Honto down at the Royal Adelaide show, and he was saying this that post COVID parents forgetting had a parent because the number of lost children at the show doubled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was about fifty kson all the kids eventually were reunited with their people.
Speaker 3: I know there were fifty. Last year year was COVID.
Speaker 4: It was probably up was one hundred parents lost their children at the show, isn't it missed.
Speaker 8: A couple of shows because of COVID, and then we came back. Apparently we all forgot how to parent because lost kids went through the room. We were used to dealing in large crowds and now we're back in the rhythm again.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, I'm a parent. What am I doing again?
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you are heading along to the show, make sure you take a current photo of the child in case you do lose it so you can show up to police and go, this is what my kid looks like.
Speaker 3: Also, get one of those wristbands with the phone number on it.
Speaker 2: We did suggest, oh look, a leash is an option. It's to moralized, and we get that. And is there some judgment coming your way? Sure? But are you safe and secure knowing that your kids just a good, firm yank away. That's the peace of mind I need.
Speaker 4: Can I tell you a story of a time I forgot to parent?
Speaker 3: And this was in the newborn phase.
Speaker 4: So any newborn mother will tell you you are so disgustingly tired you don't even know your own name, so.
Speaker 2: Your brains what just completely it will be so scraamed.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, so I'm pretty sure this was Harper? Was it Harper? Anyway? We were at home. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It is a bit of a blur out, just a city of young girls.
Speaker 4: We have a park which is five minutes from our house, and anyway, so we packed up the kids. We walked down there and the bigger ones were playing on the playground, and then we just had a moment where I looked at my husband and he looked at me, and we both went, oh my god, Harper literally on the mat in front of the teeth. She was she couldn't produce it and looks horrified, but couldn't move, couldn't she was in that phase where you just lie there on your back and you flash, you know, flap your hands around, your legs around, couldn't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: But forgot her. Nonetheless, Oh my god, you'd.
Speaker 4: Never seen you have never seen a postpartum one woman like sprint down a street quicker, Wow may at that time, don't you judge.
Speaker 2: Greg's first response as well, and he was like, oh, well she belongs to the streets. Now we move on and we make another girl.
Speaker 3: Is not what he said, by the way, So I won.
Speaker 2: Yesterday thirteen twenty four ten. Yeah, when did you forget how to parents?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Just as well, quick reminder, best call this morning. Got a free City Bay registration for you and a mate, and a two hundred dollar AX voucher up for grabs.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was sitting there and my beautiful wife car was having a shower and the first time in weeks, by the way, first time in weeks. She needed to have a real good, solid scrub, so she was in there for quite a while. Yep, and my four year old daughter came up to me and said, we're Sonny, my eleven month old.
Speaker 3: It's honey on the move.
Speaker 2: We're sunny, and I for this moment, Look quick, look rook around that. Oh my very Come to think of it, I haven't seen Sanny for a good twenty five minutes, and I eventually found him in the corner of the garage, few cobwebs on sunny amongst all the rocks, just sort of waiting for an opportunity. It's like he was waiting willing that garage doors to come up so he can make his way out onto the streets. He can join your.
Speaker 4: Enjoyed my new bought on the streets. Oh my goodness. What was that moment though? When you're running around the house looking for something?
Speaker 2: Isn't it just the most intense panic of all time? First of all, it's Lottie, don't tell mum. Give me two minutes so I'll try and sort this out.
Speaker 3: What were you doing at the time? Were you watching NBA?
Speaker 2: I was watching a bit of NRL.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 2: Contes of herself.
Speaker 3: I would have thought, yeah, and you know what, it's Father's Day. Give yourself a break from being a parent. You've earned it.
Speaker 2: Thank you finally, Oh wait you yeah? Yeakay cool? When did you forget how to parent? It happens?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were saying before that post COVID of the show Lost Children went through the roof because everyone just forgot how to be in a crowd.
Speaker 2: I've got kids, and I forgot that I need to keep an in the middle.
Speaker 3: I mean, who'd want to be who'd want to be that? Mum? Am? I right? Renee?
Speaker 9: Oh my goodness, yes, morning, Jody and Hazy, how.
Speaker 3: Are you good morning? What happened?
Speaker 9: Well post a way before COVID, me and my sister and my mother we went to the show, you know, so you take the young children there. My middle told Mackaya she was about and we got a little caught up just checking out all the rides and looking at the side shows, and it was all amazing and fun. And we looked around and said, Mom, you got Mackaya.
Speaker 10: I know she is you Renee Hotel, have you got Makaya? Oh my god.
Speaker 9: We looked around and she was nowhere to be seen. Got the ones that I I don't know if.
Speaker 10: There was like her, a different ride that caught her attention.
Speaker 9: Off she went and we had no idea where she was.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. So then what happened Rene and that panic? That's awful?
Speaker 10: Oh my god, it was. It felt like ours worst. It was probably ten minutes. I don't know. I was running around screaming, mackaya. We're all screaming. Everyone was just staring at us like we were I don't know, crazy people. And then like we've sort of ran down, Like I was ready to run and ask, like, you know, for help and find police or anyone that could help. Yeah, And then we looked up and my eldest Tarrek, he was like, McKay and McKay, We're like, don't you run off, We're looking for us this He's like, no, it's mckaya and here to come with this beautiful lady, a complete stranger. I hugged him more than I've ever hugged anyone, and she grabbed her and she brought her back to us, and oh my god, Like you know, it's the most threaded feeling I've ever ever come acros.
Speaker 2: I feel like in a situation like that that everyone else is very relax and they're probably thinking, look, it's a show, she's going to turn up, don't worry. But because it's your kid, you're like, oh my.
Speaker 10: Going home, We're going home with that One daughter freaked.
Speaker 2: Out belongs to the show. Now dag with dogs for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Speaker 4: She's like standing there was just one of those air rifles, trying to win herself shooting rubber duckys when herself oversized.
Speaker 2: Eddie, she's a cardie now. It's a very unique lifestyle. Yeah, but twelve other times where you've forgot how to parents. Rates of parents losing their kids at the show have increased in a huge rate of numbers post covid post covid.
Speaker 8: They did.
Speaker 4: You and I we've both forgotten at various times that we were parents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it happens.
Speaker 3: You have to be responsible for these small people.
Speaker 2: That's hard, especially when they're trying to live their own lives. But they're not ready to do that. No, No, they want to venture off into the workforce of three years old, and you're like, just give it two to three.
Speaker 3: Years Colley jazz mate. Yeah, let's go to Daniel.
Speaker 11: How you doing there, guys?
Speaker 6: Good? Good?
Speaker 3: When did you forget the parent?
Speaker 11: Ah?
Speaker 6: Sir.
Speaker 11: I'm a truck driver and I do some big days out here in Adelaide, and so my partner, she works the afternoon shift. I get home anywhere from four o'clock to five o'clock, And for the first ten to twenty minutes, I seem to always forget that there's a child running around the house. And it's not only the dogs running around. So for the you know, I just come to a moment I think, hang on a minute, there's a child I need to be looking after, and she's always I forget about him for the first little bit.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that's mine. How old is this random child?
Speaker 11: He's nearly three in January?
Speaker 2: Will we how confusing? What's his name?
Speaker 11: His name's Xavier?
Speaker 2: How how how very can confusing? For when you turn up and you go, okay, mate, my name's Daniel. What's your dad? To go dad?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah's like every day, Dade.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah. We both sort of quite surprised when we are lock eyes with each other and we just remember what we both here doing.
Speaker 2: Who's that right? Who's that?
Speaker 6: Thanks?
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks Daniel, Thank you so much. Tomorrogan?
Speaker 4: When did you forget your parents this morning?
Speaker 10: Get ready, you know, get the kids ready for childcare?
Speaker 6: And you take that.
Speaker 10: Quick five minutes because you get yourself ready to.
Speaker 6: Run out the door and get to work. And three and a half year old decided to open the front door and that little one and a half year old outside, So yeah, they're outside in the poor The person that saw them was someone that worked for their childcare more mum gilt.
Speaker 2: They just off for a stroll, just a morning stroll so you.
Speaker 6: Dinner time out in the front of the house.
Speaker 10: But yeah, like along the foot path and she's like, oh, that looks like little Alex.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh you As soon as I like ran outside, I was like, oh, and the shame when you have to then deliver them to childcare, and childcare are like, thank god they're here because you clearly can't look after the meself down for you, Yeah, that's shaken.
Speaker 10: They're like, yeah, the guilt it's still very.
Speaker 6: Very fresh right now.
Speaker 2: Oh it's my We love your story because I feel like there's so many parents out there right now who you and neually connecting with what you said, because it just takes an incident and they are gone.
Speaker 3: Gone, us gone, I tell ya so quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey tomorrow, We've got a little free City Bay registration for you and a mate if you'd like. Thank you, and also assex voucher the Lumie City Bay Fun Run. It's celebrating fifty years and running register at Citybay dot org dote year before August thirty one for the chance to win five k thanks to Cemi Toyota and just broadly to all the parents out there, you're doing a.
Speaker 3: Good job, doing the best you can.
Speaker 2: And it happens to every single parent at some stuff one.
Speaker 3: Just keep hanging in there. You'll be fine.
Speaker 2: You'll be fine. That's fine. Seems to happen to us, though a little bit more than usuals. That's the sort of feeling that you're getting, you And yeah, it's good to build up their personalities.
Speaker 4: I mean, I noticed we didn't take any calls from people who'd forgotten their newborn.
Speaker 3: But that's case. That's all right.
Speaker 2: We're all over the trans.
Speaker 4: Jen Zia's honestly judging us millennials and our beauty choice. First, it was the long socks, the three quarter socks. You told us if we left the house wearing anklets, then that means we're over thirty.
Speaker 3: I remember what you said about that.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, And also we spoke about it this morning bit earlier. GenZ stopped drinking so much. Guys, it's bad for your health. What does that even mean?
Speaker 3: Well, that's what they're doing.
Speaker 4: And now we've discovered another trend that US millennials are known for that apparently if we leave the house doing this, then we're old according to gen Z and that my friend. When I say my friend, I mean you, Andrew Hayes, is the winged eye liner.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to say it, the wing eye liner. Please explain to more detailed wing for other people. You know, everyone in this room knows exactly what's going on as I wink into the microphone.
Speaker 3: The winged eye liner is a classic trend.
Speaker 4: I reckon it was pretty big maybe producer m in the sixties, fifties and sixties, the big wind in eye liner, Yeah, I think maybe sixties probably.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So basically it's that it's a liquid eyeliner, hazy and it sort of kicks out at the side of your eye like that.
Speaker 3: I'm doing this with my hands, which I know is very visual in somethink wine house, Yes, Amy wine ouse, wine house.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, yes, it's very very heavy, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Well, particular was particular, but probably not the best example of subtle wing eyeliner. But just for his understanding, I think he could be a bit stupid in this space.
Speaker 3: That was Good's well done.
Speaker 2: What was the famous Egyptian princess?
Speaker 3: Yes, now you're getting it. Okay, gen Z, would you go a wing die liner? No, you're not. You're not a heavy makeup where I'm.
Speaker 5: Not a big makeup where to be fair, but also I definitely did go the wing diliner.
Speaker 6: You did.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 5: I think this is where the generations are different is that it was a big trend. The gen Z's have fallen off of the trend. The millennials are.
Speaker 3: Still going yeah, and it was a holding onto.
Speaker 5: It haven't quite accepted. I'm I'm not.
Speaker 4: Huge with the winged eye liner because I can't do it.
Speaker 3: Basically. I mean my daughter will have it.
Speaker 4: For dance and we have to put sticky tape on the outside of her eyes.
Speaker 5: So you'll have a scar on most of your face anytime of day.
Speaker 3: So I feel like risk, did I have my scar on? Do I?
Speaker 2: Sometimes you get sometimes you get a mascara on your teeth.
Speaker 4: Okay, well there's something I didn't know about myself that I've just discovered.
Speaker 2: So there you go. I'm thanks to the advice Jan Setters. But also I'm not sure that we could sit at the same table when you're still wearing these ridiculous baggage jeans.
Speaker 5: That's true, wearing big bagga jeans.
Speaker 3: Get the girl a pair of skinn can what's happening?
Speaker 2: Who would have thought that one of the biggest comebacks to fashion would be Fooboo? No one saw that comy we face.
Speaker 9: That out fort.
Speaker 4: She's pushing it hard though, I mean it's a party for one at the moment.