Speaker 1: Lately.
Speaker 2: Welcome late babe, thanks for joining us. I'm James Macpherson with Liz Storer and Joe Hildebrand coming up tonight. You've heard about kids throwing tantrums, but what about mums and New Sydney business is giving mothers the chance to do just that. We'll talk about that shortly. Plus when we get to the papers, amp demanding that staff give permission for them to be filmed working from home, and new data shows just how badly small businesses are doing at the moment. We'll get to all of that later, but first, if you want more evidence that America dodged a bullet last November by electing Donald Trump, will look no further than the man who wanted to be Vice president, Tim Waltz. Now, before we get to him, I've got to explain Trump derangement syndrome for you. Because it's so bad. People are fire bombing Tesla dealerships and vandalizing Tesla's because Tesla founder Elon Musk worked for Donald Trump. The violence in the vandalism has put great pressure on sales and pushed the Tesla stock price down. Now, you would think that politicians of all stripes would come out and condemn this domestic terrorism. But on the left, they're actually encouraging it. None more so than the man who was Kamala Harris's running mate he wanted to be Vice president, Tim Walls. Now, this is a man who just six months ago was campaigning on bringing joy and unity to America. Here he is speaking last night.
Speaker 3: Saying on my phone, I don't some of you know this on the iPhone, they've got that little stock app. I added Tesla to to give me a little boost during the day two twenty five and dropping.
Speaker 2: So, and.
Speaker 3: If you own one, if you own one, we're not blaming you. You can you can take dental floss and pull the Tesla thing off, you know, and take out of just telling you.
Speaker 2: Would have made a terrible VP and makes a terrible stand up comedian. But here's a man who wanted to be vice president of America barracking for the failure of American manufacturers, in this case, Tesla, who employed more than one hundred and twenty thousand people. What happened to We're all Americans. But it's even more ridiculous than that. This guy is the governor of Minnesota, and the state of Minnesota has one point eight million shares in Tesla ostensibly to fund aged pensions, his CNN pointing out that anomaly.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about Tim Walls and his comments about the Tesla stock he says against him a boost to see that start going down.
Speaker 5: That poor guy didn't check his portfolio and his own pension plan for state.
Speaker 6: It's beyond stupid what he did.
Speaker 5: He's talking down a three and a half percent weiting his own pension plan.
Speaker 6: I mean, what's the matter with that guy.
Speaker 2: Doesn't check the well being of his own constituency. That's their investigar mind, what a bozo.
Speaker 4: Tasla Steed Board of Investment. They have a one point six million shares in Tasla and their retirement fund two hundred and eleven thousand shares in an un retirement fund. It's a relatively small amount, but that's one company, one single stock, and that's because Tasla is a huge.
Speaker 2: Partly attack Grill, the man who wanted to be vice president, the governor of Minnesota is literally cheering as his constituent's pension accounts de value. Elon Musk had the last laugh, though, in response to Tim Waltz tweeting, if you need a little boost. Look at Tesla stock. Musk tweeted in return, sometimes when I need a little boost, I look at the JD. Vance portrait in the White House. JD Vance being the Vice President, and I think the Lord. Elon Musk said, Liz, could you believe this guy? I mean, no wonder the Democrats are polling It was at twenty nine percent. It's surprising they're getting that much support when they are this device.
Speaker 6: Am I a surprised, No, not at all. This is just more of the same.
Speaker 7: Couldn't get about that clip was how much he was coming across as a stand up comedian, like literally just walking up and down the stage. I was like, this guy does stand up all of a sudden, So much makes sense all that time he was taking the mix. But what makes this even worse is he is the chair of the SBI in the state of Minnesota.
Speaker 6: As the governor, you chair the SBI, and he didn't know. This guy didn't even.
Speaker 7: Know that they had shares, much less that many in Tesla. But what we're seeing happen here is extremely insidious because despite being the richest man in the world, sixty percent of Elon's Musk wealth is tied up in Tesla, so he's seen that take a nosedive in recent times. I mean, his estimated net worth has plunged from four hundred and eighty six billion, oh dad, to three hundred and thirty billion.
Speaker 6: I mean, what a catastrophy.
Speaker 7: Still the richest man god for the McDonald's loose change menu, indeed.
Speaker 6: But they know if they can keep this up for long enough.
Speaker 7: It was already struggling prior to Tesla coming under attack in a very well way by these domestic terrorists, they can keep this up for long enough. They genuinely are targeting the apple of Elon's eye and indeed his well.
Speaker 8: Yeah, look, I've said for gosh a year or two now that Tesla will actually suffer, because the whole point of buying an EV especially at Tesla, is that you are essentially virtue signaling to the rest of the automotive community that you're a right on guy, that this is what you believe in, that these are your values, and that's all well and good. People buy cars that you know that say something about them. And suddenly when elong sort of go like a sort of pantomime villain with a sort of curly mustache. Ah, I'm a Republican now now I'm a Trumpson. Everyone says who, And you know, Waltz makes a point that you know there will be people who are desperately trying to us dental floss to pull the badgers, the Tesla badgers off their cars, And I think it is I picked it ages ago. I knew it was going to happen, and it is happening. I'm not surprised what was happening. But this is the thing that actually gets my go. When you lose, like Kamala Harris and Tim Wawtts just lost, you don't get to make the jokes. You don't get to flex, you don't get to say, ah, yeah, we lost control of the biggest country in the entire universe. We lost control of the leadership of the free world. Your Teslas socks are going down. Sucks for you. Like that is just the most demented kind of form of And I've seen politicians here, you know, trying to do hot takes on Twitter, and in the same way, it's like, shut up and try to win the next election. It's like that great line off The Simpsons, and the Simpsons has a great line for everything. Obviously, where Springfield is taking there is teasing shelbyvillecause shelby Bell sucks. That's why we beat them. But baseball almost half the time, it's like, you're right.
Speaker 2: The thing that strikes me about the Democrats is the absolute lack of humility. Having lost the election, and they lost it badly, you'd think you'd sit back and think, Okay, where do we go wrong? Where did we miss it? What can we learn? But they've done none of that. They've just doubled it. It's a lack of understanding what we've criticized. Yesterday, it was the same day that Elon Musk rescued two astronauts who'd been left in space four months forgotten by the Biden administration. So you're talking about flexing. I mean, it's inappropriate to flex when you lost, but if you're going to, don't flex against Elon Musk on the very day that he mops up the Biden mess in out of Space.
Speaker 7: Indeed, my favorite quote from this meeting that Tim was talking about was, and I quote, I'm not a vindictive person or anything, but I take great pleasure in the fact that this guy's life is about to get very very difficult. That is the definition of vindictiveness if you are taking pleasure in somebody else's pain because they have more.
Speaker 6: Than one up on you. Staying in the States, now we've seen this death row.
Speaker 7: Inmate, Jesse Hoffman Junior, become the fifth person in the United States of America to be executed via nitrogen gas. It's not been in vogue for long, and goodness knows, even amongst those states that do carry out capital punishment, there's not a lot of death so it's only been used five times, and some experts and the usual suspects love to bring it up each time, saying is this humane. It took nineteen minutes for this fellow to be declared dead, leading those questions to be raised yet again. We read in sky News UK nitrogen gas had only been used in death row executions four times before Jesse Hoffman Junior.
Speaker 6: Was executed in Louisiana on Tuesday.
Speaker 7: Has tried to argue the method was unconstitutional because it was cruel and unusual. I think a better question than is it cruel or is it painful?
Speaker 6: Is do we care this piece of crap?
Speaker 7: Twenty eight years ago, raped and murdered a twenty eight year old mother and wife.
Speaker 6: Her name was Mary Elliot. He raped and.
Speaker 7: Murdered her as she was just in the car park leaving work on her way to a date night with her husband the night before Thanksgiving.
Speaker 6: He was a car parking attendant.
Speaker 7: That's where he got her, and nobody knew where she was or what had happened until a duck hunter found her naked body by the river the next day. Can you imagine what Thanksgiving is like for the friends and family of Mary Elliot every single year since the The guys want you to feel sorry because, oh, he was convulsing as this nitrogen gas.
Speaker 6: Went into his system. Do me a favor.
Speaker 7: You could light this guy on fire and I would sit there watching, drinking a bucket of water.
Speaker 6: Do me a favor.
Speaker 7: I cannot stand it when the bleeding hearts come out.
Speaker 6: I'm a massive fan of capital punishment. By the way, I.
Speaker 7: Bet the state of Louisiana is only sorry that they had to pay for three square meals and a roof over this animal's head for the last.
Speaker 6: Twenty eight years. Why can't you pick up the pace a bit? But no good riddance, I say.
Speaker 7: And when people try to make this a matter of Oh, but is it humane. Experts, by the way, do insist, including the state. They do insist the nitrogen gas is painless, to which I say, it was too good for this guy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I've got to say I'm opposed to capital punishment, but I'm certainly not going to die in the ditch for the rights of raping murderers to be treated moncuman. I mean, in a sense, it's a completely ridiculous argument, because either you argue, is capital punishment working and does it do what it is supposed to do, or is it something that a civilized country should not be partaking in, whether you get it via lethal injection or the electric chair, or by inhaling nitrogen.
Speaker 1: It's kind of.
Speaker 6: I really don't well.
Speaker 8: In the Enlightenment, of course, they considered hanging to be cruel and unusual punishment, and they said this is absolutely terrible.
Speaker 1: We shouldn't be hanging people.
Speaker 8: It's barbarous and they suffer before they die. And that's why the guy invented the guillotine, and that is actually why, because it would be more humane. And of course the revolution comes from and oh, let's be humane to thousands and thousands of people. We could be humane to like, you know, six hundred people a day, and that is exactly what they did.
Speaker 1: Why, it's absolutely true, that's right, and and that's why it was invented.
Speaker 8: A was the product of the Enlightenment because it would guarantee an instantaneous death. Now, I honestly don't give a flying fig about how you know whether this person twitched a bit before they died. Obviously what he did was terrible, But there's a couple of things. One is the fact that he was on death row for twenty nine years and it was the love of then I think is proof that capital punishment doesn't work, because what happens when you get a case like this is as soon as people know that it's a capital case, they will just go to every single possible length to try to get it overturned, which means they will pull everything they possibly can, so they will do appeal after appeal, they will comb through any kind of potential for new evidence so you can get a retrial. Every single possible conceivable delaying tactic will be employed because obviously everything's at stake and you've got nothing to lose.
Speaker 6: So it's not the capital punishment doesn't work. You're just saying we need to streamline.
Speaker 8: As a result, like you said, as a result, the taxpayers of the state of Louisiana paying to keep this person alive and behind bars for thirty years just for him to finally be killed, frankly three decades later than he should have been, because you know, a person in their mid forties is clearly a very different person when a teenage when they committed the crime. Where you're you know, your frontal cortex hasn't even I want to talk about much, but I'm saying, if you're going to kill someone, for justice to be justice, it has to be swift.
Speaker 2: If you want to talk about cruel and unusual punishment, keeping someone on death row for more than a decade would seem to me to be cruel and undusual.
Speaker 6: Still not bad enough for him.
Speaker 2: In terms of the is it a humane way to execute someone? I've always thought that's less about the welfare of the person and more about the welfare of our own souls. We do it humanly, not because we care about this person who is in person. We want to do it humanly because it says something about ourselves that though we have witnessed this great evil. We're not going to become in our own that's right.
Speaker 8: He's killing because style eye for an eye, bring it back.
Speaker 1: Is a bit differently.
Speaker 8: They us a little bit differently the UK as opposed to killing them with nitrogen. They let them pick whatever gender they want to be.
Speaker 1: It is amazing. Yes, criminals are free.
Speaker 8: To pick their gender in the UK because the government is refusing to force police to record biological sex. I would have thought that would be I mean all for people's right to choose their own identity, but in terms of actually being able to be identified potential kind of crimes and such. Would think you want to be able to say, all right.
Speaker 1: Does he have you know? Or who are you know? What I mean?
Speaker 8: Anyways, And in a better review publish from Wednesday said police forces and the NHS should collect data on sex as opposed to a person sex, not just you know how many times you're doing it at night with the misses, rather than just a person's self declared gender identity. It urged Vet Cooper, the Home Secretary, to issue a mandatory order to all forty three English and Welsh police forces and the British Transport Police to do so, but on Wednesday night. The government would not commit yes, the glove didn't fit, and they would not commit to implementing the recommendations, saying that the reportraub be sent through departments. Blah blah blah blah blah, nothing's ever going to happen.
Speaker 2: There's so many problems with this. I mean, firstly, if the police don't collect true and accurate data based on biology rather than people's self identification, you end up with men in female prisons. I think you want to talk about that shortly lives, because there was a classic example recently. But you also get police failing to catch criminals because there's been instances in the UK where they're looking for a woman but it's actually a man. In fact, I remember a case last year whether it was a missing person, and the description of the missing person because they wanted to use the preferred pronouns, was completely at odds with the person who they're actually searching for. Hence they never found the person. And then of course crime data is skewed. It's amazing how many women oh in sexual offenses in the UK. I don't know what's happened to the Dames of England, but maybe it's something in the water.
Speaker 7: Bace ramp and sex fat I'm committing weightful women in the UK.
Speaker 6: It's unbelievable. It's unprecedented.
Speaker 7: Actually, the rise of sex crimes in the UK committed by women just unbelievable. But every time one of these cases comes up, or indeed, anything to do with gender ideology, because it's not an ideology. If you ask me, notice who's pushing it. It's always the government. It is always the government, whether it's in the education system, whether it's in the health system, whether it's it doesn't matter where it is across the Western world, it's the government saying no, I'm not going to tell the police force that they need to make a note of their actual biological sex for.
Speaker 6: No reason whatsoever.
Speaker 7: We are supposed to believe that they do this just to save the butt hurt.
Speaker 6: Feelings of a tiny minority.
Speaker 7: Really, even when we're talking about keeping the community safe, we're supposed to believe that there's not.
Speaker 6: A larger agender at play here.
Speaker 7: No, no, we just want to make sure that a small group of people don't get annoyed or angry or their feelings When we say, hey, I'm a police person and you're you've committed a crime or for whatever.
Speaker 6: Reason your apartment of interest. I have to note your biological.
Speaker 8: Suggest but a man could commit sexual assault on a woman and then pretend to be a woman just so he gets sent to a woman's prison. What Tosh from I say, good day, I'd bite my thumb at.
Speaker 7: You is of course making this example because that's exactly what happened in Scotland for the two minutes that Nicola Sturgeon was first Minister. You will recall this case. It's now infamous. When double rapist Isla Bryson noticed the female name. This guy was as masculine as they come. I should have put more photos in there for you, just so you could witness just how masculine this individual is identified as female and got to go to a female prison. Until again, you and I are the real are the real keepers of justice here, until there was a public outcry so big this woman had to concede that, oh, actually Isla Bryson shouldn't be in a female prison, and he was transferred back to a male prison.
Speaker 6: But check this out. Here is Nikola.
Speaker 7: Sturgeon back in the day, tying herself in, not trying to answer really basic questions.
Speaker 9: Do you consider Isla Bryson to be a man or woman?
Speaker 10: And I am not getting into an individ This case is still sub judicy apart from infanty else and may you be considering Its great for me.
Speaker 11: To see what I did, but the individual case is.
Speaker 2: Still subjudacy and it's important for me as Cross ministers.
Speaker 11: But you believe people should be able to self identify their gender.
Speaker 2: What I would see is this individual case.
Speaker 12: It's not the boat, whether the trends or not.
Speaker 13: In this individual case, this is a person who has been convicted or.
Speaker 7: Read seriously, like, if that's not what it's about, what is it about? You've got a double rapist literally changed genders while awaiting trial.
Speaker 6: I mean, wow, how timely she was clear.
Speaker 8: Like she she said, look at before the courts. It's subdued to say I can't possibly comment any further, walks away and then she starts goes and besides, it's not about that.
Speaker 1: It's not because she is a ris.
Speaker 2: It's like, yes, So what it makes of what they've ended up with in the UK is if you identify as a woman, so you're a man identified as a woman but you still have male genitalia, then you cannot be jailed in a female prison, But if you don't have male genitalia, then you can be in a female prison. In other words, whether you're a male or a female depends on genitalia. But the whole argument is that doesn't work at the other anomaly, of course, is that if you're a violent sexual.
Speaker 1: Bataialia does have a bit to do with sexual assault.
Speaker 2: There's the irony, right. So the bottom line with all of this is we've just got to answer once and for all is gender a fixed biological reality? Is sex gender a fixed bological reality? Or is it interchangeable? And once you answer that question, everything else becomes obvious. But Keir Starma, the Prime Minister. Just two years ago he said that ninety nine point nine percent of women do not have a penis, which left open the possibility that a very small fraction of women do have penises. When pressed on that just prior to becoming Prime Minister, he had adjusted his answer, but only slightly. He said, well, I acknowledge that, according to quote unquote the biology, women have vaginas and men have penises, which still left him a little bit of regal room for anomaly. So unless you finally answer, this not.
Speaker 1: Something you want with either of those descriptions.
Speaker 2: Either babies agree that gender sex is a fixed biological reality. Once you agree, so there is every other question.
Speaker 1: Is there answers?
Speaker 2: Should I answer that suentimental principle and the rest becomes clear.
Speaker 8: There is such a simply explanation for this, and both sides just do not seem to be able to grasp it, and that is that gender and sex are two different things. Your sex is your biological sex, and that is whether you are male or female, although people are also born with both characteristics and the intersex or what used to be called amaphrodita. And then there is gender, which is how people identify, and that is what people consider a social contract. So you can solve all these problems by saying, right, the prison you get sent to is based on your sex, not by whatever gender you identify with. Now you can be you can identify as a woman, but if you are a biological man man, then you go to the male prison. You can be like Clinger in mash or you can be like I believe there's some other You.
Speaker 2: Know, sex and gender have been interchangeable until five minutes ago. Well that's a fact. The definitions of d The common understanding of these terms was always they mean the same thing until five minutes All animals activists tried to confuse us all I think all playing games.
Speaker 1: If you want to.
Speaker 8: Look at any other species of animal or any animal, and you would say it is this sex or that sex, it is a male sex or a female sex, you wouldn't say, oh, this is a female gender lion.
Speaker 1: So that's what they're talking about.
Speaker 8: And there have been different, you know, constructs of what men and women are meant to do and how they're meant to act throughout the ages. But again, if you just say, right, this is about sex, not about gender. Choose whatever gender you want, good luck to you in h wing. But this is for males sex males, and this is for sex females.
Speaker 1: You solve all the problems.
Speaker 2: Well, while they're allowing criminal in the UK to select their own gender and then preferred place of imprisonment, in Victoria, they're asking five year olds what gender they are, which would be pretty confusing if you're a kid. The LGBTQIA Plus Toolkit, endorsed by the Victorian Labor Government, has been provided to public libraries so that they know how to create safe, inclusive spaces, and the way they're going to do that is by asking children what are their preferred pronouns. Imagine that you take your five six year old to the library and some librarian who you've never met in your life, who has no right at all to speak to your child about anything other than books, asks your child are you a he or a she? Which seems like a pretty obvious question, even to a kid. So to be asked that when it is fairly obvious just by looking must be incredibly confusing. Well, the Victorian Upper House is going to debate this idea, and of course Labor have slammed the liberal opposition for saying that this should not happen, saying that they're involving in Trump style politics. Liz, as soon as you accuse your opponent of engaging in Trump style politics, I reckon you've lost the argument because you've just conceded you don't have one. Incidentally, Trump style politics can't be that bad. If Trump won in a landslide, clearly his politics resonate with people. But this is what the Equality Minister Vicky Ward is saying in Victorious. She's saying that this is just cultural warfare to harm people for no good reason. That is, by saying we don't want our children to be asked their pronouns by some random librarian. Cultural warfare. The Labor Party are calling it. Well quote, it's not.
Speaker 7: Wrong, just not in the way she means it. She actually hit the nail on the head. Yes this is cultural warfare, and.
Speaker 6: Yes you are harming people, little people.
Speaker 7: So this vote took place today in the Victorian Parliament and no surprise, this attempt by the Libs to can this LGBTIQ toolkit, which by the way is the state library's guidelines.
Speaker 6: So remember what I said five seconds ago. It was a bit longer than that. But whatever in.
Speaker 7: The previous topic, why is it always the government pushing this?
Speaker 6: And once again the Libs.
Speaker 7: Tried to take them on, said hey we need to amend this. We don't want kids in state libraries being asked what are your pronouns?
Speaker 6: That's going to upset parents.
Speaker 7: They didn't buy into that by bringing their kids to a library, and Labor voted them down twenty two to fourteen. This is social engineering.
Speaker 6: At its best.
Speaker 7: And did any of us know about this in September when they rolled out this LGBTIQ toolkit in state libraries. Was anyone made aware who voted for this, who was aware of this? Probably absolutely nobody until someone in the Liberal party was like, actually, let's take these guys on. This is taking it a step to far. Why are we indoctrinating children?
Speaker 6: God knows.
Speaker 7: If you live in Victoria, your kids are slam with it twenty four seven just through their schooling system, which I bring it up every time. Remember on your state's educational website it literally says, if you are unhappy with your child transitioning, we will do it behind your back at school.
Speaker 6: We don't care, We're going to do it. Do you guys?
Speaker 7: Remember this bang a song a few years ago plays in my head every time one of these stories comes up from the San Francisco's Men's Squire.
Speaker 9: Bill Convert your children.
Speaker 2: Someone's got to teach them not to Hey.
Speaker 14: We're coming far them, We're coming, are your hip, We're coming, f.
Speaker 1: We're coming my hardship.
Speaker 7: And then there was this this chance, which you may recall from the New York Pride parade. Yeah you are, because two men can't make your children, two women can't make children, So you can bet your bettom dollar, the agenda is very real, and they are coming for your children.
Speaker 8: Well, they're doing the things they're doing that obviously sarcastically that that is a piss take off. They are the accusation from the right that they're coming for our children. The problem is that they do that and take the piss and then they actually have these programs for children who.
Speaker 7: Have nothing, and this is they claim to be taking that that was nonsense.
Speaker 8: But this is the other thing I can't understand, Like if a kid is feeling like they are in the wrong body or whatever.
Speaker 7: Kids don't our own devices, but they don't.
Speaker 8: I don't think that they would either. But b most kids would have no idea what the word pronoun even mean. If you ask the kid, what are your pronouns, they'd say ice cream now please, And so they wouldn't ever say please because they're kids were not mine anyway. But the point is so yeah, and again it's the same thing just around the board, Like there's a difference between letting people you know who they want to be expressive. They want to be called themselves whatever they want, act however they want, as long as they're not hurting anyone else. That's fine, but it's when you say but the rest of the world has to comply with this, otherwise you're committing a hate crome. So it's not enough that someone says, oh, by the way, in case you're wondering, at the bottom of my email, these are my pronouns. It's that everyone has to put their pronouns just because someone might want to put their pronouns. And again, so so every kid has to be asked what their pronouns are just because some kid might have pronouns and I doubt very much that any kid would have.
Speaker 2: And it's pretty obvious why they're doing it with children, because if you want to reconfigure or reconstitute human sexuality and sexual norms, then it's no good talking to forty year olds or fifty year olds. You've got to talk to having any sex at all, and it'll be a generational thing. That's why they do it. And if you want to change the world, you start with kids. Everyone does it. The LGBT activists they're doing it as well. Just sin to Allen in Victoria, help me out here, Joe, because I'm not sure if she's auditioning for a role at the twenty thirty two Brisbane Games as a gymnast, her back from the back of being incredible, or maybe she wants a role in a Hollywood movie. Maybe she's been tonighter and done one of those acting courses that our public servants have been engaging in, because she has suddenly transformed, just in the last couple of weeks into a crime fighting superhero. Check this out from her Twitter feed.
Speaker 13: I have some important news to share. The Victorian Parliament has just passed Australia's first machete band.
Speaker 11: Getting these dangerous and deadly weapons off our streets. We have to keep community safety first. We have to put a jolt through the sea, which is why I'll be keeping you updated on how our tough new bail laws are going through the Victorian Parliament this week.
Speaker 2: So she's going to get machetes off the streets. The problem is it's not machetes committing crimes. It's typically young people who have been released on bail time and time again and they continue to reoffend. So she's going to get tough on bail laws. Today.
Speaker 13: I'm introducing this bill into the Victorian Parliament, the Tough New Bail Laws Bill. It makes community safety the priority. It makes getting bail shrd and easier for more people to be put on remand because breaking the law must come with consequences, and that is why the Parliament will sit, will see it all week, no matter how late, to get this bill passed, because every Victorian in every community across the state deserves to feel safe.
Speaker 2: Five minutes ago she was talking with that same conviction about relaxing laws. But there you go backflip extraordinary. The amazing thing about this is that this new law, it's actually called the Tough Bail Bill, and the Victorian opposition along with the Cross benches are refusing to pass it with that name because they say tough bail bill. This is not tough at all, and just sin to Alan is saying no, no, no, it must pass with the name tough in the bill. So she's so committed to passing tough bail laws that she will not pass the laws unless it has the name tough in there, because of course you know that helps her politically.
Speaker 8: This is a classic old political trick and I just love it and I laugh my proverbial arth off when I heard the Tough Bail Bill and it's literally called the tough bail bill. And that means that every time the opposition or anyone the Greens or whoever say they oppose the tough bail bill, it's like we always like the legislation a better Future for our Children bill. It's like I oppose the better future for our children. Like no one wants to say that, and so you just call it something. You know, you know that everybody gets one hundred million dollars bill.
Speaker 1: You know, it's fantastic.
Speaker 8: It's something that's having about I don't know, probably since about the first rud government they started. In fact, I noticed some of the people who came up with the first incarnations and I.
Speaker 1: Just absolutely love it.
Speaker 8: But the other thing I love is the penetrating insights that have come to this this creat down. And again another thing, I remember a New South Wales politician saying something to the effect of it was trying to be.
Speaker 1: Really tough a bit like you know what.
Speaker 8: I it's something like, you know, I absolutely one hundred percent despise pedophilia.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, we all do, mate.
Speaker 8: Like what why to say that? Believe that breathing oxygen helps us to be alive? And again you say you've got just out coming up and saying breaking the law must come with consequence.
Speaker 1: No, when did you When did you realize that.
Speaker 2: Region that's exactly like government.
Speaker 1: This is just dawned on you now, like we know that's right.
Speaker 2: That's why.
Speaker 8: What did you think all these guys dressed in navy blue were doing wandering around the place. Why do you think we had those big buildings with the columns and the sort of courthouses and the funny men in wigs and black robes.
Speaker 1: What it's like, of course cons that's shades.
Speaker 8: Do you remember when there was that awful stabbing in Queensland and someone came and someone was stabbed with the Christian kitchen knife. Someone says, oh, well, we've got a band kitchen knives.
Speaker 1: It's like wow, it's like no more.
Speaker 8: Stabbing didn't occur on the set of Master Chef. It occurred in the middle of a youth crime epidemic that is running rampant through your regional centers. That's why it wasn't that the you know, people are seriously considering.
Speaker 1: I think maybe once we do it.
Speaker 8: We're not gonna We're we're going to restrict the sale of these knives and supernotes and again, yes, banded machetes. Obviously, that's probably a no brainer. When you've got people running down Chapel Street waving one around. I mean, the minute anyone's running down Chapel Street wearing anything that's even sort of not gender neutral, that's a warning sign, let alone a machete.
Speaker 2: I mean, there was a fifteen year old kid just the other day arrested for attacking someone with a machete in the street. This fifteen year old kid was, of course out on bail for previous offenses. Now that's right, attacking someone just carry smaller.
Speaker 6: Knights, victorious only during stage of.
Speaker 7: Switch plates and jolly deadly please machete.
Speaker 8: That is the problem everywhere, Like actually says we're the only state to have band machetes.
Speaker 1: It's like, yes, because you're the only state where people are running around.
Speaker 8: Terrorizing people with machetes, because you have a youth crime.
Speaker 7: Problem, because is you banned guns, so people start using knives.
Speaker 6: Now you're talking about banning knives. Guess what they're going to come up with something else.
Speaker 1: You're bringing back guns as the.
Speaker 6: I'd advocate for that. I'm no surprises that.
Speaker 2: Everyone knows that TikTok is on the nose with politicians the US until Trump on the election, we're going to ban it. So China has come out with a new social media platform called Red Note, which literally means little red book. That's say nod to the Communist Party.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: The problem with TikTok, of course, was concern over data safety because all companies in China have to provide information to the Communist Party. The same applies to Red Note. But it's more than just data privacy that's at issue. This social media platform seems to be spreading all sorts of myths and disinformation, which is really lies about the upcoming federal election, particularly when it pertains to policies from the coalition. Have look at these clips that are doing the rounds on this social media platform used by Chinese Australians. Talking here Peter Dutton threatening to deport Chinese Australians, when of course he said no such thing.
Speaker 9: Let me be clear about the resolve of future Coalition government under my leadership. Is My message to this recalcitrant minority is simple. You will not change us. If you do not subscribe to the Australian way of life, leave this country. What makes the Australian achievement so special is that we are a country built from migration, which is avoided boganization. Also, we thought there are people in our country today who do not want to change for Australia, but want Australia to change for them, and this cannot and will not stand. My message to this reckelcitrant minority is simple, you will not change us. If you do not subscribe to the Australian way of life, leave this country, um and food.
Speaker 6: The more Peter Dundant downsht so.
Speaker 2: Clearly, for many Chinese Australians whose English might not be so good, this is incredibly misleading. But thank god Liz the e Safety Commissioner is all over it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because she's not. She's not Where is she when you need? Look? I just I do not know what to make of this. The first thing I.
Speaker 7: Thought when reading all about this red note was like, Okay, what fresh censorious hell is the government going to foist upon us in the name of Oh look, there's so much misinformation disinformation circulating.
Speaker 6: We've got to do something.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 7: Here's the thing in the age of AI now, which is what that was obviously in.
Speaker 6: The age of AI.
Speaker 7: In the age of technology that we're living in, there is no getting this genie back in the bottle. You think that's bad, wait for the stuffs to come. Like seriously, you can give anything your head, your voice, somebody else can and have anyone saying anything at any given time and circulate.
Speaker 6: It can go completely viral exactly.
Speaker 1: And all those photos of me all over the internet.
Speaker 2: On that note, we're going to go to a break, but stick around. Coming up is the papers, including AMP demands staff agreed to be filmed when working from home. We'll talk about that in a month. Okay, welcome back. Let's check out what's making news tomorrow. We'll start with The Australian. There's some good stories on the front page of tomorrow's OS.
Speaker 7: Living there is indeed, and if you work for AMP, you especially want to listen up. AMP wants eyes on its staff, even at their home. Staff at AMP have been given one week to sign contracts that enable their employer to carry out continuous video surveillance of them, including when working from home, allowing the company to sell their personal information, and which could require them to undergo a medical examination by a doctor chosen by AMP workplace law expert Andrew Stewart said he had never seen a more one sided contract in favor of an employer, highlighting how the contract also prevented an employee seeking advice about it from a lawyer or accountant without amp's permission, and required terminated employees to assist a MP in any legal proceedings for up to seven years.
Speaker 1: That sounds reasonable enough. I can't understand what all the has been sign this. Oh my god, it is just that is just bonded part.
Speaker 8: And it's such a surprise for me too, because you know, a company that has had such a strong recent track record and its staffing arrangements, it's hr it's workplace culture. It strikes me stranging imp coming from this incredible position of moral and commercial strength, would suddenly be applying these kinds of onerous restrictions about its employees in.
Speaker 1: Their own home.
Speaker 2: Maybe their geniuses, Maybe it's a trick. Maybe they put this contract in front of prospective in plployees and if the prospective employee signs it, they know we don't want that person to try for us, because clearly we put.
Speaker 8: It's an example of the of an outrageous intrusion into your personal life that you were meant to only again again.
Speaker 2: Sign this and agree to it. Don't employ it, right.
Speaker 8: We only want people with the moral courage to speak out against these contracts.
Speaker 1: I'm sure we are forcedly sure. That's a test.
Speaker 6: It's a test. Don't sign it.
Speaker 12: Another headline on the os Bowen's net zero to one hundred car wreck the local loss of a Japanese the local boss rather sorry, mate, The.
Speaker 7: Local boss of a Japanese murdering giant has declared Australian car yards breaming with electric vehicles that people do not want to buy, and warned that the price of petrol cars could rise unless labor overhauls its vehicle emissions standards. In a new front in the growing industry push for Anthony Albanezi to revamp his climate and energy policy, Mitsubishi Motors Australia chief executive Sean Westcott. So the government needed to think the aggressive of the aggressiveness of its targets aimed at lowering the carbon footprint of new cars by sixty percent by twenty thirty.
Speaker 6: I mean, how do you like that it's less than five years away? Do you really think.
Speaker 7: You're going to make it less than sixty percent by twenty thirty.
Speaker 1: What a joke.
Speaker 2: This story is pretty funny because not only is the boss of Mitsubishi speaking out, but the boss of Toyota has also spoken out. But it's only recently that the boss of Toyota was standing with Chris Bowen as he introduced these new vehicle efficiency standards into the Parliament. Well now exact right later, he's saying it's going to be a challenge. The article goes on to quote the boss of Mitsubishi here in Australia saying we can't force people to buy evs. Trage achieves exactly what Chris Bowen is trying to come with these efficiency the standards, which I mean effectures. Reckon, they'll pay two point seven billion dollars in fines over the next five years because they just won't meet this government imposed quota of evs that have to be sold as compared to internal combustion engines.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Look, and I am hearing things and things. My mechanic tells me he's always the first to know. According to him, Prince Charles is already dead. So yeah, but there is definitely issues with what is going on in the automotive industry and the emission standards that are being imposed that are being sort of worked.
Speaker 1: Around, I believe.
Speaker 8: I think Volkswagen and porschew already have some bit of experience in workarounds in emissions.
Speaker 1: It's a very interesting the one.
Speaker 8: Let's go to the Adelaide advertised Adelaide, I've always said, is the city of the future. It's Melbourne before Melbourne became too cool for school and collapsed under the weight of its own pretentiousness. And Adelaide also has the very good fortune to be governed by the mighty Peter Melanowskus. And this is what happens when you work for a mighty news court massthead such as the Advertiser, which is a magnificent paper that runs my column sometimes, and you need to go and get a campaign moving that gets people talking, that puts eyeballs on the front page, and it has people chatting at the pub over the water cooler, the old fashioned barbecue stuff.
Speaker 1: So you think, right, we want.
Speaker 8: To get a campaign up that Peter Melanowskus will listen to that tells Peter how much farmers are suffering and what he needs to do to help them.
Speaker 1: So what do they do they go and get.
Speaker 8: Nine farmers all called Pete, to tell Pete what he needs to do so they can write the headline for.
Speaker 1: Pete's sake too.
Speaker 8: Good quality pabloid journalism at its best. So farmers called Peter have a message for their premiere namesake a coincidence, he said, all having to be Collpete. We need help for Pete's sake. The Peters of the bush are herding. They're in the midst of a record breaking drought and they need help. They want another bloke called Peter who runs the state, to hear their plight. Today the advertiser launchers for Pete's sake again, always come up with the headline first and then the story will take care of himself.
Speaker 1: A campaign telling the stories of farmers called Peter to call for help in the region.
Speaker 2: In journalism, eighteen year old cadet journalists.
Speaker 1: You're sitting there minding your own business.
Speaker 8: You're just sipping your morning coffee, and the chief of stuff come off.
Speaker 1: You go, mate, got a great idea.
Speaker 8: We want you to go and find everyone you can in the phone book called Kevin Rudd and everyone.
Speaker 1: And have it all the time like something. Say you know Rudd road. You know, it's like you'll need to be.
Speaker 8: All the people on Rudd Road to tell us why Australia is heading down the wrong road or.
Speaker 1: Everyone, every everyone.
Speaker 8: A poll of two hundred people called John Howard it is just quality, quality stuff.
Speaker 1: There you go, it'sn't been proud.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the front page of the Daily Telegraph. Small business battlers are choked out engine failure, reads the headline. The engine room of Australia's economy is spluttering, with hard working, self employed small business owners now and estimated eighteen percent worse off than in twenty twenty two. That's quite a decline and it comes as food prices, energy insurance, rent and wage increases of fuel to surge in hospitality businesses shuttering. I think that should be shutting, with closures hitting a record high of nine point three percent in the year to February according to creditor Watch. I don't think anyone is really surprised by that headline. Obviously, all of those cost increases plus wages are affecting small business owners and there's only so much you can increase the price of your coffee or your croissant before people just aren't buying them anymore. So little wonder small business owners are doing it tough, Liz.
Speaker 7: Indeed, and before we go to a break to the front page of the Old's Son, We've just told you about Alan in Victoria getting rid of machetes. They're band now and you've got tough fail laws. And this is the splash of the paper the very next day. Youth crime highest in recorded history seven four hundred and sixty four home invasions.
Speaker 6: In past year. Can you even leave that government shamed?
Speaker 1: As shot?
Speaker 7: Crime stats revealed you've failed Victoria. But still we face months waiting for tougher laws to keep us safe. I rather imagine that's going to really take the wind out of her sales.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 8: Actually, interestingly, another exclusive revelation contained within this top secret report.
Speaker 1: Breaking the law must come with consequences.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you heard it here. First, let's go to a break. When we come back, you've heard about toddler's doying tantrums. Well, Sidney, mums are being invited to throw tantrums. Will show you that in a moment. All right, we've all been to shopping centers and watch toddlers throw tantrums as mums stand there not knowing what to do. But what about mums throwing tantrums? Well, mums in Sydney's in a wester being offered the chance to throw tantrums in a non judgmental environment. I'll let organizer Julius Steboska explain.
Speaker 10: We bring a pillow just in case you actually want to hit something, because we all know that toddlers do that too. And then after that, once we move through the anger phase, often mothers start to feel sadness because the anger is just like the outer layer, and the inner layer is the sadness. And so we give the opportunity to grieve, to shed some tears in that safe environment, and then we wrap ourselves in blankets and we feel really nice and held.
Speaker 2: I'm sure Julia is a wonderful person, but I can't imagine why kids are struggling at the moment.
Speaker 6: If that's full, that is just beyond embarrassing.
Speaker 7: Call child Protection services and are in charge of children.
Speaker 8: We've got pillows before.
Speaker 6: We go tonight. Check this out.
Speaker 7: You all know of the massive ego of Donald J. Trump, and he's in his honeymoon period as the once again ruling king of the free world, and yet He's taken a little bit of time out of an interview on the Ingram Circle to tell people he has identified at least one thing that Joe Biden can do that he cannot.
Speaker 5: Well, the only thing I totally admired about sleepy Joe Biden is the following. He'd go to a beach, He'd lay down in a cart, barely able to get his feet through the sand. He'd lay down and within minutes he's sleeping, and you have cameras watching him. I could never do that.
Speaker 2: I would never be able to sleep like that.
Speaker 5: That's about the only thing I think that was wonderful. He was a disaster. This man was a disaster.
Speaker 6: I don't sleep much. You don't sleep much.
Speaker 5: A lot of people that love what they're doing don't sleep much, I find, And so far it's been okay, don't tell.
Speaker 6: Me this man has no humility. Check that out, living proof.
Speaker 2: The ability to sleep anywhere, at any time is a great skill. You got to admire Biden.
Speaker 8: It's nothing more humble than telling people what an incredibly hard worker you are.
Speaker 7: But also, was it sleeping or just slipping into Unconsciousesit we gotta go.
Speaker 2: That's it from us stick around. Coming up is the Reader Pendery Show Goodn't I