Speaker 1: We got getting the morning every day, gentlemen, Adelaides, I don't know Joe's.
Speaker 2: It's a significant day for people in South Australia, in fact, people in the sporting landscape of this country. Ten years ago we woke up to the news that Phil Walsh had been murdered and it was It's one of those ones. I think everyone has moments in their life where they know exactly what they were doing when they heard the news.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was absolutely shocking.
Speaker 4: And our next guest was impacted more than anyone really, and that is Scott Campa Reale.
Speaker 3: Good morning to.
Speaker 5: You, morning guys. Thanks for having me first.
Speaker 3: And foremost, How are you feeling?
Speaker 4: I guess it's an anniversary of sorts, but how are you feeling heading into this ten year milestone?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, first of all, ten years, time flies, doesn't It doesn't seem like that, but yeah, it's a certainly emotional day. Certainly brings back a lot of memories about the day, but also a lot of memories about feel the person and what he meant to me and when he meant to the footy club, which is something that we'll never forget.
Speaker 2: Cambob never asked this before how how the hell did you do it? How do you how did you guys front up the next week? How did you finish off the season? How did you take over a young group of men like that who would have been shattered beyond belief?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I get that question a lot hazy and well, I guess firstly, there's no textbooks on it, that's for sure, because it's never happen before. But I guess you you know, you rely on on the key people in the club. We had some great leaders at that point in time. Rob Chapman was there, Andrew Fagan was there, David Noble was head of Footy and you know, player welfare manager Emma Barr was outstanding, and we had a really strong leadership group as long with assistants. But you know, at the end of the day, we I guess, as people have said, and you know, intimately hazy with footy clubs when you know things aren't going quite so well on the outside. Footy clubs a pretty good place to come in and sort of just galvanize and move on with life to a certain extent. But at the end of the day, Phil always used to stay, let's get the job done, so we sort of reflected back on that we wanted to make sure that we didn't waste the season. We were seven and five and sitting in a pretty good position at that point in time, so it was more I guess the challenge to the group around can we galvanize, can we finish off something that we started that he would be proud of? And you know, to the guy's credit, you know, we didn't know each day, you know, what was going to bring. Everyone grieves, you know, in different ways. So we had a pretty open form around that, which made the players feel more comfortable in you know, if they didn't feel like training for whatever reason, that was okay. But at the end of the day, the players bought in.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: Certainly Geelong helped us in that first game, clearly because it happened on a Wednesday, and no one was probably in a condition to play an AFL game. I put in the game's bloody hard enough as it is without having to try and deal with that. So they were outstandings along and with their empathy, and you know, we called it a draw that week, But you know, I think it was good that the week after we went to West Coast, albeit we didn't win. We were able to just get away as a group and get out of Adelaide, which was probably really important for the team.
Speaker 3: Have felt really just surreal.
Speaker 4: Was there a moment sort of when you walked back in the club and you saw Phil's office and he's not there where the reality of the situation hit you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, there was Jos and there's no doubt about that. And yeah, absolutely, you know, the morning and then obviously being told the news and then having you know, to walk past we had it was the first time we had the open plan office and Phil's desk was there, and and I literally had a meeting with him the night before. And you know, he was a big green tea drinker. I wasn't so much. I was a coffee drinker. So I used to get a bit flat with me leaving his cop my coffee cup on his on his table. But yeah, it was a lot of fust as you could imagine, you know, guys with you know, not him not being there, you know, training team meetings, all those sort of things. But you know, once again, we just brought it back to you know, playing and the love of the game and what he bought.
Speaker 4: Can I ask you what your friendship with him meant to you and what was his relationship like with the players too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, his friendship was amazing to me. I mean we were I guess enemies for one of a better word. I coached for twelve years. He'd obviously been at Port Adelaide for a fair period of time over that, so he was the midfield coach there, so we used to, I guess, go into battle in all the showdowns, so there was a lot of mutual respect there from that perspective.
Speaker 6: But you know what.
Speaker 5: Phil was able to do in a short period of time, and you hear that from other people and the other clubs that he worked at, was you know, he challenged, but he showed great care and he drove high standards and that was the thing that he brought to the playing group and they just bought him straight away. And that's I guess why we had the success that we did.
Speaker 2: I do like what we did have learned over the journey, Campo is just how incredibly respected Phil Walsh was and what sort of impact they had on so many people across the country.
Speaker 6: So mate, I understand it will be a tough day for you today. Mate. We really appreciate your time.
Speaker 5: No, thanks for having me, Gus, big news.
Speaker 6: Breaking just a couple of hours ago. Jokes.
Speaker 4: Yes, So Sean Diddy combs verdict has been delivered in his bombshell New York sex trafficking trial. Let's head over there and get the latest from Miley Hogan from Channel seven. Good morning, Miley, Good morning. Okay, what does this all mean? So sort of the win of sorts for did.
Speaker 7: He Look, I'll give you the rundown of the verdict. So it's a split verdict on the most serious charges one count of practecuring conspiracy and two count sex trafficking. Seawan did Kints has been found not guilty, but on the other two counts of transportation to engage in institution, the jury found him guilty. So we have this split verdict, a partial guilty verdict. And look, it is somewhat illegal victory for Sean Diddy Combs. Here he's been acquitted of the most serious charges against him that counter racketeering and conspiracy did carry life in prison, and he has been found not guilty of that charge. The two counts that he has been found guilty of carry a maximum of ten years behind bars each, so he could face up to twenty years in prison when we get to that sentencing.
Speaker 4: Okay, so I know that his lawyers are now arguing for Bayl release.
Speaker 3: Do you think he'll get it?
Speaker 4: Do you think he will actually be freed for a little while before the sentencing.
Speaker 7: So this will happen in about an hour's time and it will be interesting to see what happens here. Diddy has applied to bail before this trial started. He wanted to be out while the draft trial was taking face, and he lost those cases. He had to stay in custody. But now the jury has returned to this verdict, that does change things. So judge will take that into consideration. Because the jury has spoken here, he has been found not guilty of the most serious charges against him, But prosecutors are arguing that he should stay behind bars until the sentence is given because he does space still a time in custody and there are concerns that he would be a flight risk. According to prosecutors, they're worried that he would intimidate witnesses or people that have been a part of this trial as well. So though the concerns that the prosecution is raising, his defense obviously want him to be let free, So we'll find out about an hour. What will happen?
Speaker 2: Now, Molly, what's the mood like over there? I just read a headline from the New York Post saying that outside of Manhattan where it was that there's Diddy supporters who were it sounds ridiculous but celebrating by squirting baby oil in the air and things like that.
Speaker 6: This is crazy.
Speaker 7: I have been there during the trial while it was taking place, and there were supporters outside every day waiting to see the family walk in. Some would ramping outside earlier during the beginning of the trials so they could get inside to get a seat in the courtroom because it is crowded. They have overflow rooms. There's been a huge amount of interest in this case from the public who have been watching it all online, but then of course from his die hard supporters and fans who have been turning up to the courtroom. But there are also people starting are against him as well who are turning up.
Speaker 4: So guilty not guilty, it's by the by you would feel like this man's reputation is in absolute tatters by now, wouldn't you.
Speaker 7: He's definitely a disgraced figure in the hip hop industry. Will be interesting to see how his career, if he does continue with his career, what happens, he will be I sak earlier. Another example is when his former girlfriend Cassy Ventura did bring up this civil lawsuit against him that she'd been beaten, and they settled. A day later. He put out a video on Instagram denying all of it, saying I never touched her, it's not true. And then the video surfaced of him her in a hallway which has been seen, so he definitely has that that's out there, that he has done that. And during this trial as well, his defense team acknowledged yes, he is a domestic abuser. He did beat his girlfriends, he did use drugs, he did use alcohol, but that's not what he.
Speaker 5: Was on trial for.
Speaker 7: He was on trial for those more serious charges of rap sharing conspiracy, which he has been found not guilty of. But his rival fifty Cents has been posting things online tearing him down. There's a lot of chat in the industry, so it will be interesting to see how all that's unfold today as well.
Speaker 2: Early day quite vocal Miley Hogan from seven years in the States, thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 6: This morning, give me the latest.
Speaker 7: Thanks guy.
Speaker 6: Can I just say, Joe, do you look fantastic this morning?
Speaker 3: Why are you saying that?
Speaker 6: Absolutely? Ravishing well done?
Speaker 3: Where are we going with this?
Speaker 6: You can ask you a question. How long did it take you to get ready this morning?
Speaker 3: It takes me about the same amount of time most mornings.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: See, but you have to get up so early.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about if it was a normal day, like you put effort into it, not just you and general women.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's a thought probably a thirty minute minimum, thirty to forty minute process, and it depends if you've got to do your hair or not.
Speaker 6: Andrew Ah, yes, of course.
Speaker 4: If you have to wash and shampoo and condition that baby, then geez, that's an extra twenty.
Speaker 6: Why just shove it off?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, is what people keep saying to their because of my receding hairline. Anyway, On average, women spend about sixty minutes a day getting ready. That's showering, doing their hair and makeup, picking our clothes, and so much more. That daily routine adds up jots over a year. It's roughly three hundred and sixty five hours or fifteen full days stretched out across sixty adult years and our totals around nine hundred and twelve days, meaning the average woman spends about two and a half years of her life.
Speaker 6: Just getting rember, just getting ready adds up.
Speaker 2: It's a reminder of how much time goes into every day rituals we often take for granted. And can I just say, ladies, you look fantastic. You look fantastic, And if your man doesn't appreciate you, well, then he's an idiot.
Speaker 4: So what about those mornings when I come in or I don't know, one, two, three, four minutes late and you just look at me like what are you doing? Just remember that statistic two and a half years of my life is spent getting ready in the mornings.
Speaker 2: On some of those days as well, there's some days where I literally don't see my reflection.
Speaker 6: You can get.
Speaker 2: Ready, I can get ready as a man. This is I know this few eight women. I can get ready as a man and not see myself in the mirror. Wow, don't not see my reflection?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 6: Isn't that?
Speaker 4: And the sheer volume of products we have to put on as well, it would blow you down mine. All right, do you want me to do it? Let's get ready with me video.
Speaker 6: That don't do that, you're not that of not gentlemen, battles and veers.
Speaker 4: The rules are simple, about to hear six songs from the same They can selected their song as a place.
Speaker 6: But think they let it go. That song is gone.
Speaker 3: Now let's get into the mangos that are ready to battle back to you, Ji and.
Speaker 2: Hazy shots for you the listener, just to choose the music. And boy oh boy jokes, this is the tight contest. It's now sitting at ten to nine in my favor.
Speaker 3: Got your little nose in front, don't you do?
Speaker 2: Indeed, it's your smelling of victory. And this little music hound has picked up a scent. Ladies and gentlemen, look at her.
Speaker 3: Goes like a little puppy dog in the street, just snipping around.
Speaker 6: Ripping around.
Speaker 2: Get out of here, Joe, it's been goodness saying all right, let's jump into the AI generator. Man, what year are you dealing with this week?
Speaker 6: Two thousand? Ooh, the year two thousand? Okay, okay, good year for music.
Speaker 2: We can only issue ready to go all right, jumping nice and early soon. If you selected that song, you're in six songs to choose from Let's Go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, bit of destiny child. No from me, from you?
Speaker 2: From me?
Speaker 6: Okay, next song, yeah, not from me, not for me.
Speaker 2: You just turn your back on the Actually I did even Okay, no from me, no from you?
Speaker 6: All right, song number three of six. This is the story. It's good, that's good, but it's not for me. It's not for me, Joe, it's not for you either, apparently.
Speaker 8: Okay, next one, oh, jagged, that's not from me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, not for me.
Speaker 3: Even remotely.
Speaker 6: Chance music got infirm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as disappointed as producer Molly is you got that one.
Speaker 6: Sorry, Joe. So I am in.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing though, So I am in for Blink one A two, all the small things, and you have to.
Speaker 6: Choose the next song, all right, what are we going up against?
Speaker 1: Okay, no, no, no, good, good on you, Joe's you really saved the best for last wow.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, it is it's pink.
Speaker 2: Most girls versus all the small things from Blink one A to.
Speaker 9: Say it ain't So this will be one side that I'm hoping for one hundred percent of the votes this week to take me to eleve and to no.
Speaker 3: Very Do you underestimate the pink fans out there.
Speaker 6: That's true. Actually they're quiet the army all right, please get voting, easy forty love lesson. Can I just speak from the heart for a second.
Speaker 2: It's not clever as a twenty one year old to reach over the bar at the Oxford North Adelaide and steal boots. Okay, I'm just going to say that, okay, And that's that's coming from a special place now to.
Speaker 4: Tell everyone from memory, I'm thinking I know what bottle of booze it was to and certainly wouldn't have been.
Speaker 6: Worth you are god, it's a bottle of boozer.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So it wasn't me as well, it was my mate and we're both playing for Centrals at the time. And then the next week we tried to go to twenty first which was at the Bank which is connected to the Oxygen next door, and the blow who was at the door said I don't think I should let you two in, and I'm like, what are you talking about? What are we dressed too well? And he was like no, he was stealing grog last week and I was like, how.
Speaker 6: Very dare you excuse me?
Speaker 2: So we've got CCTV vision of both of you in the act, and I, in a very very cowardly way, said, well I didn't do it. It wasn't me who actually physically did it. And he said no, no, no, you were even worse because you were directing traffic and you were giving him the all clear, walking around saying yes, no, wait, go for it.
Speaker 3: So you were like to get away car driver effectively.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 2: Anyway, he said, we had to deal with the Oxford of that stage, the centrals. We'd go there after games, away from the pond raiser, and he said, unfortunately, we're going to cut ties with the football club now because of you.
Speaker 6: Two. Oh no, And I think we managed.
Speaker 2: To convince him not to tell the football club that it was because of us.
Speaker 6: Okay, it was because the Oxford were going in a different direction.
Speaker 4: Oh all right, well you've just outed yourself.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: How is that sixty dollars worth of licorice tasting spirits anyway?
Speaker 6: Over? Two?
Speaker 3: I can't think of anything worse.
Speaker 2: Yes, I take what you want from that, but there's definitely a life lesson, and that just don't do it.
Speaker 6: In fact, don't drink. Maybe don't drink? Is that the life lesson?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, forty k birthday, which is happening tonight.
Speaker 4: It is happening tonight, and we are paying homage to you this morning. So I've got a little surprise for you now, and you just mentioned it. My love language is well, I like writing cards, and I like writing letters, and I like saying nice things to people.
Speaker 3: This is not that.
Speaker 6: No, I veered in a different direction this stuff.
Speaker 4: No, this is I guess it's part tribute to Andrew Hayes, but it's also part roast.
Speaker 3: Are you ready for it? Okay?
Speaker 4: I have written you a letter and here we go, Dearest Andrew Fisher Hayes, the man affectionately known as big Guy, Horse, Hazy Hayes, Dog and d head.
Speaker 3: Four decades on this planet, and haven't you made a mark? All right?
Speaker 4: Let me serve up this shit sandwich. Sure you didn't quite make it to the AFL at the Swans, but you're sure as hell had at least two.
Speaker 3: Solid sand for premierships.
Speaker 4: You've always been a physically impressive man, but that alopecia and expanding forehead has got you good, which is probably why Jason Horn Francis doesn't love you back. You can't dress yourself you'll wear a hoodie, shorts, crocs, and socks on any given occasion. Your debit card constantly declines, and you had pet rats as a kid, your little weirdo. Your ability to seamlessly integrate an F bomb into any chorus of any song ever is the stuff of legends, and describing your obnoxious cat Houston's buttole as a doot will go down as one of history's great expressions. All that aside, I have to say, I'm so incredibly proud of the man that you've become and the friendship that we've formed. You are genuinely captivated by your wife, and while you try, you are first with a very limited parenting skill set, and despite that, your kids absolutely adore you, particularly Lotti, who knows a tantrum gets to ask cream for breakfast.
Speaker 3: Every single time.
Speaker 4: I've watched you grow into this radio role so very beautifully, and the audience gets you and your quirky made up words. You are funny, engaging, creative, kind and loyal. You put up with me even when I'm flat, with your own special kind of unconditional love and respect. Most importantly, what you hear on air is exactly what you get in real life. So from your little Nova family, Happy fortieth birthday, my friend.
Speaker 3: We love you. PS.
Speaker 4: Just a reminder at every social event we've ever been to, you've peaked too early. Remember state of origin, when you couldn't find us in the stands, or when you're hung from the rafters at our mate's wedding, or when you lasted forty five minutes at last year's Christmas party.
Speaker 3: Don't be that guy tonight.
Speaker 6: Oh that's so nice, thank you.
Speaker 3: Oh you're so welcome.
Speaker 6: It is your love language, isn't it. That's absolutely beautiful. Thank you appreciating that.
Speaker 3: Words you're very very welcome, peaks and drops in there.
Speaker 2: Though I was about to separate some of the works with the others, concentrate on all the really lovely words.
Speaker 4: I'm swear to God for you forty first it will just be a nice one, I promise, every.
Speaker 3: Single word in that. And yeah, working with you is one of.
Speaker 4: The true blessings in love now, so thank you for being you.
Speaker 6: Likewise, seriously, this has been so much fun. It doesn't feel like work. He said that.
Speaker 2: Since day it really really doesn't feel like work. And that is because you one carrying us, and two because it's so fun.
Speaker 6: So thank you so much. I can't wait for tonight.
Speaker 2: It's going to be so fun to celebrate with everyone on the Nova team and also so many of these beautiful listeners that we've met across.
Speaker 4: The Gyurney come on for the ride with us. It's been great. Oh jeez, it's not ending for goodness Sakeeah.
Speaker 2: Please, what's happening in my chest at the moment, these weird fuzzy feelings us?
Speaker 3: Can't you play jelly role?
Speaker 4: So Prince George is turning twelve on July twenty two, Yeah, and that means the heir to the British throne will no longer be would fly on the zam aircraft as his father, Prince William.
Speaker 6: Okay, because if the.
Speaker 3: Plane goes down, there goes two generations or two.
Speaker 6: Kings needs someone ready to go.
Speaker 4: They do that like some of the Premier League teams like Manchester United, they can't all fly together.
Speaker 6: Is that true?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Really? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well, back in the day, there was a plane crash, like I'm talking like the nineteen early nineteen hundreds. Yeah, there was a plane crash that took out a whole entire Manchester United team.
Speaker 3: So from that day forth.
Speaker 2: But now I think, say for the NBA teams, they definitely all travel together on private jets. Yes, and there's vision of when you know, Team USA fly diferent countries.
Speaker 3: Et cetera, for money, would be on that plane.
Speaker 6: Oh it's insane.
Speaker 3: That's nuts, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 4: So this strict rule is designed to protect the royal family's future line of succession in the event of a tragedy occurring, and that will eventually affect Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.
Speaker 3: Who won't be able to fly with their older brother. They're all going to split up.
Speaker 6: That's a shame flying with his siblings. Fun.
Speaker 3: Do you want more rules?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 6: Please? What you got?
Speaker 3: No baby food or shellfish.
Speaker 4: Unsurprisingly, they've got, you know, personal chefs who make all their.
Speaker 3: Food from scratch.
Speaker 6: Okay, fancy pants.
Speaker 4: But the shellfish thing is because it's the easiest food to get sick from, so they need to avoid it whenever possible.
Speaker 3: No electronic toys. They can't have iPads.
Speaker 6: Oh, oh my god, good luck will and Gate. Good luck.
Speaker 4: Well. Apparently that directive comes from Prince William and Princess Kate, who do not allow their children to have iPads they'd rather than play outside.
Speaker 2: Okay, mister and missus perfect, It's not easy, all right, No, sometimes briberry needs to happen and it involves a tablet.
Speaker 4: Okay, real human, Yeah exactly, And this one I love too. They have their own table at Christmas lunch, but it's not in the same room as the adults, so they eat in a separate room Christmas cheese.
Speaker 6: That's old school, isn't it.
Speaker 2: We're so old school with the whole night with the parents eat in this room at this time.
Speaker 6: The kids.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, no, you're not allowed to associate with the adults.
Speaker 4: It's very similar in the Oddy household, but ours is a fold up trestle table with a plastic tablecloth and of cups.
Speaker 2: Especially when mum and all dad is eating on the coffee table in front of the gouch.
Speaker 3: So there you go. Very interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now I'm second guessing myself about that. Manchester United thinks whether that actually happened at all or if it was a figment of my imagination.
Speaker 3: Well, they do travel together as a team now, right.
Speaker 6: So yeah, okay, thanks for backing me out there. Too late to back out now,