Speaker 1: This is the US Report with James Morrow. Good evening and welcome to the program. Here's what's coming up tonight. Voter ID passes the House of Representatives and everyone seems to want it except the Democrats. I wonder why. Plus the Democrats also take a hard left turn as more and more identified not as Democrats but Democrats socialists. What could go wrong? And I'll bring you the latest in the bizarre disappearance of Arizona eighty four year old Nancy Guthrie. But first let's have a chat, a bit of a chat about race in America. I know, light and fun stuff, right, and particularly the incredible hypocrisy of the progressive Democrat left, which is very quick to scream racism when it suits their purposes, while at the same time stoking a peculiar, bizarre, and some would say reverse racism the rest of the time. Now, a few days ago, the Democrats and most of the media lost their minds when Donald Trump's social media team posted a video about alleged fraud in the twenty twenty election, and somehow that included a few seconds from another parody video that had various Democrat figures portrayed as characters from the Lion King, including Barack and Michelle Obama as a couple of apes. Now, I don't want to relitigate this whole thing. If you weren't living under a rock the last week, you saw the outrage mostly confected. And I say confected because at the same time as the left was whipping up hysteria about the alleged racism of Donald Trump and his whole administration and anyone who ever put on a maga hat, well this video surfaced.
Speaker 2: I always tell people, the day the Latino, African, American, Asian and other communities realize that they are that they share the same oppressor, is the day we start winning because we are the majority in this country. Now we have the ability to take over this country and to do what is needed for everyone and to make things fair.
Speaker 1: We have the ability to take over this country. Now. That wasn't some random professor of third world literature at a third rate community college. That was Jean Wu, a Democrat member of the Texas State Legislature, calling for non whites to unite against their common oppressor. And I think we know who he means in the name of fairness to do what needs to be done. Can you feel the tolerance, Can you just feel the racial healing? Naturally, there was no outrage of the media about what sounds like, frankly, a call to divide America, if not worse, by someone who came to America from communist China as a little boy, only to take his ticket into the land of equality and opportunity and use it to spread the worst sort of identity politics, pitting Americans against one another. Well, I'm sure Beijing is really proud of their favorite son here. But that clip was not the only one that made the rounds this week, but was ignored by all the usual suspects. There was this vision of former New York Representative Charles Barron talking about what, in any other circumstance would sound like ethnic cleansing.
Speaker 3: I have the distinct honor to be able to come before you and say I actually lost white population in my community.
Speaker 4: I lost them.
Speaker 3: They left, they left. I didn't ask them why they left. So if you see one or two or three or four or five whites in my neighborhood, they're passing through.
Speaker 1: And oh how they cheered, and oh how everyone who condemned and condemns Trump remained silent. But you can only imagine the reaction if the roles were reversed. Could you imagine it now, I mean, just think about it. Imagine a white politician talking about how he drove blacks out of his district while the crowd laughed. It would be rightly condemned as a clan meeting. And I mean, I thought the point of the racial harmony the left has preached my whole life was the idea that we would come together to live together in perfect harmony, just like that old coke commercial. Yet New York Magazine, a reliably liberal publication, just two days ago, ran this piece by writer Naomi Jackson entitled I miss my Black Brooklyn, and she writes, I once lived in a black mecca, but by the summer of twenty twenty two, my Toddler Son and I were often the only black folks on the place in Bedford Stuyvesant, a fact that felt both alienating and surreal. I'm very bizarre. Again, imagine if a white author talking about being replaced by black folks or feeling like a stranger in their own neighborhood because of demographic changes. Well, we know how that plays out. Yet this is what the left in America is pushing and pursuing behind closed doors where they don't think the rest of us are watching. And it's not just African Americans. This mentality has infected this entire side of politics and a phenomenon that started when Barack Obama was president and he picked over the countries healing racial scars by pushing the myth that there was an epidemic of white cops shooting unarmed blacks. I suggested that exploded in the BLM riots of twenty twenty. And now this is gospel. This is what the left thinks. Here's Democrat at Kenned, Kentucky Representative Sarah Stalker.
Speaker 5: I'm going to be honest. I don't feel good about being white every day. I think we're missing an opportunity when kids, when kids have a moment to reflect about how the color of their skin does and does not allow them to move through the world. It's running running to them and trying to stifle that and trying to say you shouldn't feel bad. So we don't want to we don't want to ever expose you to something that is going to make you have to pause and have maybe some internal feelings it's a missed opportunity for some really good dialogue.
Speaker 1: This is what she wants to teach kids now. I talk about this not just because it's important to point out the hypocrisy who jump on Trump for a racist social media clip, but so also at the same time spread the worst of the actual poison on their own side. But I also want to point out why the fight over these things is so vital, because, as we have talked about time and time again on this program, there is a real danger of the US coming apart as it approaches its two hundred and fiftieth anniversary this July. Remember, just a few weeks ago we had Minnesota Governor Tim Waltz saying he feared a Fort Sumter moment in the United States. Fort Sumter being where the first shots in the Civil War were fired, a fight not over immigration enforcement, but a fight over anti slavery enforcement again by the federal government against again recals Democrats. This is why what I'm talking about, this racial separatism by the party that claims to want everyone to get along, feels like a build up to something frankly, far far worse. Well, Republicans had a huge win in the House of representatives this week after they voted to pass the Save America Act, which changes the voting rules by requiring how revolutionary voter id when going to vote and restricting mail in voting. The legislation passed two eighteen to two hundred and thirteen votes, but it still faces an uphill battle in the Senate. REPREISDENTI of chip Roy is one of those who has been pushing for the legislation, and he spoke shortly after the vote.
Speaker 6: It was on a bipartisan basis, we had a Democrat join us. So now it heads to the Senate. So the question now is whether the Senate will take it up. And I hope they will take it up, but not just take it up. Take it up and press the rules of the Senate to force members of the Senate onto the floor and to debate and go ahead and tell the American people why you don't support common sense legislation.
Speaker 1: Joining me to talk about this and a whole lot more is former White House Chief of Staff and Senior Advisorate Bontai Partners, Mick mulvaney. Mick, thanks so much for joining me tonight here. I don't get this issue at all because polls show. That's something like eighty four percent of Americans, and I'm talking black, white, Hispanic Republicans, even Democrats all support this legislation. They think it's common sense stuff. And yet Democratic legislators are trying to stop this. It looks like they will stop it in the Senate. It looks kind of almost well, I don't want to be cynical, but it looks a little suspicious that they're so against people having to show ID when they exercise their democratic franchise, when, as you know, you have to show an ID to get on a plane, to buy a six pack of beer, and do a million other things in American life.
Speaker 7: Yeah, James, it probably comes as surprise to a lot of folks down there that we don't have to show our ID in a lot of states. Keep in mind, this is done state by state. Right now, I must show a voter ID here in Florida, where I live. You don't have to show it in other states, predominantly Democrat states like California. Say so, it's been an issue now for a long time. You would think it's a common sense issue. Here's the issue. Here's what Democrats say is that it disenfranchises people who can't get IDs. And yes, that sounds as crazy to you as it does to me. And if your cynicism is as healthy as mine is, you have to wonder are they really just interested in trying to get people who aren't supposed to vote to be able to vote. And that's going to be the debate. What you just saw Chip Roy referencing there is the Senate filibuster. Keep in mind, this is one of those pieces of legislation that will take Democrat votes in the Senate. In order to pass it will need sixty votes, which means they'll need Democrat votes and they've only got one of those so far, Senator Fetterman from Pennsylvania. It's going to be a very very difficult task to pass this because Democrats simply want to have people who don't have IDs be able to vote.
Speaker 1: Gosh, and you know, you can only wonder why. I'll leave that to our viewers to work out their own list of potential reasons for that. But I want to also talk about another big piece of news this week out of Washington again, and I don't know, it seems like everybody wanted the Epstein files release and then now they don't because US Attorney General Pam Bondi have Bondi has defended the Justice Department's handling of the Epstein files at a hearing this week, as lawmakers, including Republicans, expressed frustration about the amount of material that was put out there and then redacted. The day started with a call from survivors demanding more names being released.
Speaker 8: The people who have harmed us. They are hidden while survivors have been exposed. Abusers' names and contact information is redacted, while our faces and stories are left on full display.
Speaker 1: And survivors of Epstein's abuse even released this announcement on Super Bowl Sunday.
Speaker 5: After years of being kept apart. We're standing together, standing together because this girl deserves.
Speaker 3: The truth, because she deserves the truth, because we all deserve the truth.
Speaker 1: It doesn't get any bigger than that. And we finally got to the hearing of Attorney General Pambon, except it was more than an attack than an actual hearing. When Bondi was ambushed. I have a look at this.
Speaker 9: Merrick Garland sat in this chair twice.
Speaker 1: Attorney General.
Speaker 10: Okay, I'm going to finish my answer.
Speaker 4: No, I'm going to reclaim my time.
Speaker 11: You're not going to answer this question.
Speaker 4: So let me just hare what a massive question.
Speaker 10: When you restore her time, the witness is interrupted?
Speaker 9: Got her with this woman?
Speaker 1: Let me have my you showed it.
Speaker 9: I find it.
Speaker 1: How many have you.
Speaker 9: Ex Excuse me, I'm going to answer the question.
Speaker 1: I answer my question.
Speaker 8: I'm going to answer the question the way I want to answer the question.
Speaker 12: You can answer the.
Speaker 1: Question I asked.
Speaker 10: You can let her filibuster all day long, but not on our watch, not on our time, no way. And I told you about that Attorney general before you.
Speaker 1: You don't tell me.
Speaker 8: I did tell you because you saw what you did in the Senate lawyer not even a lawyer.
Speaker 1: Mick, that was less a Senate than Jerry Springer? What did you make of it all?
Speaker 7: James Listen, I've been to those hearings. I've been on both sides of those hearings. I've been sitting behind the die is asking the questions. I've been the person answering the questions. They are theatrical by design. Anyway, You very rarely find anything out new or interesting in these hearings. Most members are just trying to members of Core, trying to get material for their social media. But I've never seen one like this. I felt like buying popcorn and just heading back and watching the show. But put the hearing aside.
Speaker 9: It's hard to.
Speaker 7: Imagine the administration handling the Epstein situation any worse. The next day after that hearing, the Republican chairman of the Oversight Committee came out and said that he was going to continue to hold hearings until he got to the bottom of things. These are Republicans, these and these are not anti Trump Republicans. These are folks who like Donald Trump, support Donald Trump, were coming out to say. Now that the Epstein thing is not going away, it's hard to imagine that the administration, the Department of Justice handling it any worse. They have this slow trickle of new information is going to come out. Keep in mind we've only seen roughly, by some estimates, half of the documents so far. This is going to be the gift that keeps on giving that nobody wants in this administration.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, it does look like it's having a lot of repercussions around the world. I suspect Keir Starmer's government in the UK is going to fall as results of some of the revelations in these files. But in the US. It strikes me that the politics of this actually should be playing Trump's way, and they aren't, because, you know, Epstein has almost now become a byword for the billionaire elite class that everybody hates as part of the general populist vibe. Why isn't it cash and fire more for Trump in the other direction?
Speaker 7: Populism? That's a great question, by the way, and not heard anybody here ask it. This is the answer. There's a populist movement right now on the left and the right in the United States, all around the world, but especially here. And it's the populace who say to themselves, you know what, we don't care who the rich and powerful are with. They're Democrats for Republicans. We're sick and tired of them getting treated differently than ordinary folks. That's sort of a populist message. And it's folks on the populist left and the populist right who are not going to let this go. And keep in mind, the populist right is Donald Trump's base. They love Donald Trump, they really do. But he ran saying that he would expose the Epstein files. They expect him to do, to disclose the Epstein files. It hasn't happened fully yet, and they're they're going to They're not going to forgive him forever. The administration needs to figure out how to handle this better than they have because the base is the folks right now demanding that there'd be better disclosure on these files.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does sort of feel like we could be in a situation where as I was saying, goes the revolution eats its own. I want to turn to foreign policy here because Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Yahu, he's been at the White House this week with Iran dominating the agenda. Now. Both leaders signaled that there's plenty of work to do still to reach some sort of deal with Tehran. On Truth's Social following the meeting, Trump said that if a deal cannot be reached with Tehran, we will just have to see what the outcome will be. Last time I Ran decided that they were better off not making a deal, they were hit with midnight hammer. Nyahoo also finally committed to joining Israel's joining Trump's Board of Peace in Gaza. A lot to unpack from this, but we're still not seeing the big action that Trump seem to have been foreshadowing on Iran. What's the hold up? Is it actually just maybe too complicated a mission to try and topple these leaders with air strikes in Tehran.
Speaker 7: Two things, and you and I may have talked about this last week. What would be the two things that would keep Trump from moving right now? Number one, that there aren't ready physically, they don't have the assets in the area. Now they have been moving assets into the air this reporting here in the last twenty four hours that there's a second aircraft carrier headed to that part of the world. But the other issue is this, I'm not sure the administration is convinced yet that sort of a political decapitation taking out the leadership of Iran would make things better or might make it worse. In Venezuela, they knew what would happen. They take Maduro out and the vice president could take over, and there'd be a government to run the country. It wouldn't descend into immediate chaos. I'm not sure they've satisfied themselves yet that of what would happen in Iran if they take out the senior leadership. So it's those two things that the assets, the military assets in theater, I think are going to be solved here in probably the next couple of days. But if you continue to see a delay by the Trump administration on military kinetic action, it's because I don't think they're convinced yet that it would make things that much better and could make things worse.
Speaker 1: And is there a danger just very quickly that you all, politics is local that people who voted for Trump saying no more foreign wars would just say, oh, we did not vote to get involved in this sort of stuff in the Middle East.
Speaker 7: No, I don't think that's part of the deal here as long as there's not a prolonged engagement. The base may have reacted negatively in a very short term to Venezuela, but they're not penalizing the president because we don't have permanent boots on the ground. There's not an extensive engagement of soldiers on the ground there in Venezuela, and the same would be true in around Yeah, you're right, you put troops on the ground in Iran, there could be a backlash, But sort of this tomahawk diplomacy tactical strikes I think would be politically very palatable here right now.
Speaker 1: Mick Malvanie, Thanks so much for your time. Always fun to talk it all through.
Speaker 7: Thanks Ed.
Speaker 1: All right, well, let's go over to Minnesota now, where Donald Trump's borders are. Tom Homan has said that an immigration crackdown will end after two very high profile months, and this follows widespread protests about deportations and the death of two American citizens who were shot and killed in the process of those protests. Now, Tom Homan called the operation overall a success. But joining me now to discuss this and more is Republican strategist and former spokesman for Ted Cruz Ron Naering Ron. What do you make of the Trump administration's moves in Minnesota? The governor Tim Waltz has certainly been furious about ICE's presence. Is there a danger that the optics of this are giving the left a win?
Speaker 13: Well, let's start with every American deserves to be safe and feel safe in their own community. But there's a problem today, and that is that so many criminal aliens have been allowed into the country and many of those people are committing crimes that many of these neighborhoods have become unsafe. And we've also seen some of the measures of fraud that have been committed by those criminal elements in states like Minnesota and elsewhere as well. So we start with first principles. The Trump administration is going to continue to work hard to remove those people who are in the country illegally who've committed violent crimes and other forms of crime, so to make our streets safe again, so to make our parks and our sidewalks and our neighborhoods safe once again. I think the Democrats will try to paint this to some type of win, but in the long term, the Democrats have to try to defend the fact that they are fundamentally opposed to a program to take people who are violent criminals who are in the country illegally. We have the opportunity to send them out of the country where they will not make more Americans into victims of whatever crime they're committing. And this is the position which a Democratic party finds myself in right now. They're reversing who the true victims are, Which are the victims of these of criminal aliens who are committing crimes. Those are the people who the President's looking out for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and absolutely right, Ron, But one of the things that we're seeing here is that this fight over immigration is part of a much bigger discussion within the left and within the Democrats. But what sort of party they are becoming? And I've note that the Democrat socialist movement has really been taking off lately. We've seen it in New York and now in LA a radical Democrat socialist group has published a forty page manifesto which I think would frankly transform the city into a socialist tellhold. Among the things they want to do are ban Airbnbs, use golf courses for public housing, allow non citizen immigrants to vote in local elections, and enforce a school curriculum that supports social justice. Well, I suspect it already kind of does that already in California. But Ron, this is part of a bigger identity crisis on the left, now, isn't it.
Speaker 13: Sure? This is straight out of the Cuba Plan, the Venezuela Plan, the North Korea Plan. And there's really no distinction between what you find in this radical document and what some people in the Democratic Party, like AOC or the new Mayor of New York are openly advocating for. This is a straight on war on America's middle class. And just like in Cuba, Venezuela, and North Korea. Whenever one of these socialist dictatorships take over, the first group that they target is the middle class, because that's where resistance comes from. These people want to confiscate all private housing in Los Angeles so that you don't get to own a home anymore. They're coming after your home equity, which is the single greatest generator of wealth for American families, and make everyone have to rent housing from the government. Well, you've seen how government run housing in America works. It doesn't work. It creates slums and places which are deeply unsafe and destroys the economic vitality. The problem with the Democratic Party today is the Democratic Party's immune system has broken down. Healthy part can contain the radicals in their party, but the Democratic Party's immune system is broken. And so you literally have these radicals like AOC and Mom Dami in New York. They get elected and then the Democratic establishment comes right in behind them. There's no longer a line being drawn between the socialist wing of the Democratic Party and the rest. They've become one and the same.
Speaker 1: And Ron, I mean, just on this question of immigration, I've been fascinated by the evolution of the Democrats. I remember when Barack Obama was known as the deporter in chief and when Hillary Clinton used to say that, you know, you can't have people coming in illegally and taking work from Americans. How did that immune system break down? What happened to them? What broken their brains? Was it Trump?
Speaker 6: I think?
Speaker 13: Look, I think that we are in an age of polarization in the West. I think you've seen this in Europe, You're seeing this in the United States. But a healthy political party is able to isolate those fringes and continue to make the case to middle class America. Whichever party wins the support of the middle class this country gets to run the country. And the Democratic Party this has broke. This is fundamentally broken down through I think a variety of factors that think social media is one of them. But at least in the Republican Party, that immune system is working. When there are crazy people or anti semites, for someone who pops up, the immune system works and isolates that and moves it out. That's not happening in the Democratic Party. Watch what happened with the mayor of New York. The Democratic establishment opposed, but then once he got elected, they all fell into line, and that tells you the direction this party is going into in the midterms and in twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I think that's exactly right. And we're gonna be talking a bit about zoron Mom Donnie later in the program. But also, it's not just social media to Ron, it's regular media. There was a bombshell revelation which I think kind of confirms things we already knew here this week that investigative journalist Catherine Herridge. She revealed that when she was at CBS, CBS executives deliberately buried the Hunter Biden laptop story and ordered her to wait to talk about it until after the twenty twenty two midterms, not just the twenty twenty election, in order to help the Democrats have a look at this.
Speaker 14: I went to a lot of effort to get the cleanest copy of the laptop data, the same data that was provided to the FBI, because I didn't want to have any professional journalistic risk for CBS News. I wanted this thing to be totally locked down when we did the story, we did it after the midterms. I argued against that because it was ready before the midterms. And my training is that you should always do the story when it's ready to go. You should not be dictated by the political cycle.
Speaker 1: Ron is it any wonder that Americans don't trust the mainstream media and that as a result, places like the Washington Post are having to lay off journalists by the score.
Speaker 13: Look, every American deserves to have access to understand what the facts are, what's happening in the world around us. But CBS News, would has been representative of the legacy media has not been doing a good job with that. Twenty two years ago, Dan Rather ran with a story that was completely made up and fabricated about memos had allegedly showed that President Bush when he was in the Texas Air National Guard got special treatment, and Dan Rather ran with it, and then he doubled down on it, and it turned out it was completely bogus and it was easily refuted once they ran with the story. It looks like not much a change at CBS News, But what has changed is that Americans trust in the legacy media has only continued to drop because there are too many people involved in the media who have a particular political agenda, and they've stopped just sharing the truth or being objective or even trying to be balanced. And we saw that very cleanly in this Hunter Byn laptop story. I saw the same video that you just showed, and I'm just shocked that it was so blatant an attempt to move a past the midterm election to give the Democrats so one less thing to worry.
Speaker 1: About, ed Ron. It's not just you know, CBS, this other great American institutions that have also become frankly corrupted, Harvard as well. Of course, we all know what's happened there in the Pentagon. This week is announced there ending a lot of cooperation with that once great institution. Have a look at what Defense Secretary Pete heiks As that's say, the.
Speaker 11: Ivy League as a whole has pervasive institutional bias and a lack of viewpoint diversity, including the coddling of toxic ideologies that undercuts our mission right here in this building. That is why, in two weeks time, components of all of our departments Army, Navy, and Air Force will evaluate all existing graduate programs for active duty service members at all Ivy League universities and other civilian universities.
Speaker 1: Aron, We've only got thirty seconds here. Is the Secretary wrong about this?
Speaker 13: No, I don't think he is wrong at all. But what I think he's doing is he's sending a warning shot to all of the academic institutions that work with the Defense Department that they need to keep focused on pursuit of active truth and leave the politics aside when it comes to working with our men and women in uniform.
Speaker 1: Ronnreck, love your clarity on these issues. Thank you so much for joining me on the US Report. Now don't go away because political journalist John Fund is up next. But first again, let's go back to Minnesota and they're still doing those protest blockades about ice. Let's go see how they're going. And frankly, I think it's inspiring to see all these normal, employed and not at all weird people standing up for immigrants there. Wow, did you get a load of that guy? Yes, you can't get laid at a renaissance fair. There's always the localized blockade. Stick around because John Fund is next after the break, Welcome back to the program. A federal grand jury has opted not to indict several Democratic lawmakers over a video they recorded urging members of the military not to follow what they called illegal orders. Let me just quickly remind you a bit of what they said right now.
Speaker 2: The threats to our constitution aren't just coming from a broad but from right here at home.
Speaker 4: Our laws are clear.
Speaker 11: You can refuse illegal orders.
Speaker 2: You can refuse illegal orders, you must refuse illegal orders.
Speaker 14: No one has to carry out orders that violate the law or our constitution.
Speaker 1: Joining me now to talk us through this and a whole lot more is good front of the program political journalist John Fund, John, thank you so much for joining me this evening. Look, I don't know about you, but that video really seemed to sail very close to the line of calling for a break in the commander in chief's order of business in terms of being the chain of command. What did you make of that video? And do you think the grand jury got it right here in not going further with it.
Speaker 4: Well, Look, anyone who goes to our military academies and ultimately commands troops is trained that you don't have to obey an illegal order, and there are scenarios and discussions about what constitutes an illegal order. At the most charitable interpretation, this was a political ploy by a bunch of publicity seeking congressmen and women to beat their chests and pretend to be big boys and girls. I think it was a political stunt. I think it backfired, and I think rather than the grand jury indicting them, I think just leaving them in a sort of mild ridicule is probably the best course of action. I don't think anyone wanted to try it here, and I think a trial would only have turned them into martyrs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now, look, I think you're right about that, But boy, it is concerning when you see people in positions of responsibility acting so irresponsibly. John, I want to ask you about another report here which I think has implications not just for the US, but also here in Australia. A report has warned that the far left group Democrats Socialists of America or the DSSA, is, in its words, undermining the US by driving protests. Something called the Network Contagion Research Institute has found that the dssay's rhetoric matches the anti US propaganda of foreign adversaries. They've been involved in these anti ice protests in the wake of the Minneapolis shootings and the protests against supermarket giant Target. How concerning is the prospect of foreign interference driving left wing politics in the US.
Speaker 4: Well, there's one guarantee such allegations are made, and of course they're always dismissed by the legacy media. Well, in the nineteen eighties, we now know that the Soviet Union was financing the anti nuclear efforts against the installation of US missiles in Germany and other places. We know that during the pandemic, many of the anti Semitic demonstrations at Colombian other places had Iranian money behind it. So should it surprise anyone that the Democratic Socialists of America are being supported by their socialist comrades overseas. We may not be able to attach bank account to signs being made right away, but I suspect in a few months we'll have that information.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Iranian link is very curious given how little protest there has been about the regime in Iran and the abuse is it's committing against its citizens, versus the outrage there has been about Israel and their conduct in Gaza. Hey, I want to also talk about another massive move here in the US, where just hours ago President Trump overturned obama irregulation called the Endangerment Finding, which was apparently used for all sorts of environmental regulations, including that thing in your car that makes the engine turn off when you hit a stoplight. Here's a little bit what Trump said earlier.
Speaker 15: Under the process just completed by the EPA, we are officially terminating the so called Endangerment Finding, a disastrous Obama era policy that's severely damaged the American auto industry and massively drove up prices for American consumers. Prices went up incredibly for a worse product.
Speaker 1: You know, I know, there's been a lot of talk about Trump getting the Nobel Prize. I reckon just for getting rid of that stupid, annoying little glitch that they put in your cars. Should he should possibly get some sort of international recognition? What do you reckon?
Speaker 4: Remember you also got rid of the restrictions on toilets and washers and other things. Soon we'll have appliances that actually work and do the job they're intended to do. The Endangerment Finding repeal is a big deal. Our constitution. Your constitution is set up so that the legislature makes the laws, the executive carries them out. But in the United States and in many other countries, unelected bureaucrats have been handed that responsibility. And even though Congress would never never have passed this, in two thousand and nine under Obama, they passed this endangerment finding, saying climate change is so endangering the planet that we have to have unelected bureaucrats regulate greenhouse gas emissions, regulate the auto industry, regulate the fuel mileage on cars. Well, they didn't have any authority to do that. The Supreme Court, in a series of recent decisions has made that clear. So now finally we're having that rolled back. If you want to change public policy, actually have to go out and convince people to then convince their members of Congress to pass the law. Otherwise you can't play dictation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. Hey, finally, John, you know, we started talking about chain of commands. Let's end by talking about chain of commands. There was a hearing involving a Democrat sheriff from North Carolina, and it was all about that terrible story of that Ukrainian woman, that refugee who was burned in Charlotte, North Carolina. Well Sheriff Gary McFadden, he turns out, wasn't so hot on chade of command and how the government works. Just have a look at this end, try not to cringe too much.
Speaker 10: What branch of government do you operate under?
Speaker 6: Mecinburg County?
Speaker 10: What branch of government do you operate under? Sheriff?
Speaker 1: Constitution of the United States?
Speaker 10: Correct, that is what establishes the branches of government. I'm asking which branch you fall.
Speaker 1: Under, Mecimburg County. Mduley Sworn Meckinberg County Sheriff.
Speaker 10: We answer to the people of Mecca County. This was not where I was anticipating getting stuck. Are you aware how many branches of government there are?
Speaker 1: No sounds like the sheriff needs to go back to school.
Speaker 4: Well, it's even worse than that. He's a former veteran, he's a former police officer. You would have thought at some point in his training he would have been taught this or maybe retained this, and obviously he didn't. It is frightening. We've heard about the collapse of civic education the United States. Here is exhibit A, B, and C. We have somebody who we pay to enforce the laws, to carry a gun, to basically command dozens and dozens of troopers, and he doesn't know the first thing about where his authority comes from.
Speaker 1: Unbelievably shocking. John John Funn, thank you so much, as always for your time. Now stick around because after the break we've got more mom Donnie madness. But first, the world's first American pope, Pope Leo Old Chicago White, has weighed in on one of the greatest theological debates of all times. No, not faith, faithless works, but mustard versus ketchup. Have a look, had more hot dogs and.
Speaker 13: Any hilt of history.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bless you, only with the Holy Father has spoken mustard only on your hot dogs. Amen, your holiness. Now New York's a mess and getting worse. We're talking about that after the break. Welcome back to the program. Now, guess who's in the news again for all the wrong reasons. That's right, it's our old friend, socialist democrat mayor of New York, Zoran Mamdani. He committed a cardinal sin, becoming the first city mayor in nearly one hundred years and possibly ever, to skip the installation of the new local archbishop, a tradition that's gone back to at least ninety thirty nine. But mom Donie decided he had better things to do than help honor the new leader of one of the largest groups of Catholics in the country joining me now to discuss this and a lot more is Proud New Yorkers. Senior consultant at Beck and Stone, Emma Joe Morris, Emma Joe, Welcome to the program. I did some quick numbers on it. New York has had I think four Catholic, three Protestant, and I think three Jewish mayors. Every one of them has gone to this sort of installation. It seems like a bit of a snub too. What is I think still a pretty important religious group in New York City.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's for sure.
Speaker 12: I wonder how intentional it was that he snubbed Catholics, or that he just has no real regard for the seriousness of religion. I see him as sort of this anti religious progressive who doesn't seem to respect the institution at all. But that said, it's easy. This is just part of a series of moments of incompetence for mom Donnie, and this has basically been since day one. It's stunning how he's been able to do this rapid succession of disasters in almost record time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, this is a really interesting thing to me. Evan Joe's. You know, like I grew up in New York City, and I know that in New York it's a place unlike anywhere else I've ever lived. When the government changes and when policy is dialed in, you feel the results on the streets almost immediately, unlike you know when Congress or Parliament here passes a law. And we saw this again with these new deadly low temperatures in New York City. Data has revealed that ninety six percent of please to Help homeless people through a special hotline never actually led to any assistance. They were urged to call a number three one one to help put people in homeless shelters, but in virtually every case that didn't happen. This is real crisis of government stuff from supposedly a Democrat socialist who is supposedly, what's to help the poorest of the poor? Are you the homeless?
Speaker 9: Not only but specifically said the warmth of collectivism is what we would all feel.
Speaker 12: Apparently, the dozen dead homeless people during the winter storm that just passed, it's really unfortunate, it's really sad that was the result of him Galaxy brain, deciding to take away a policy.
Speaker 9: Where when the temperatures are going to reach a.
Speaker 12: Certain level, the police go and basically kind of forcibly take homeless people into shelters. And he decided that I suppose was cruel or right wing or something, and just stopped stopped it from happening. So you had a bunch of dead homeless people. Obviously, this wasn't an exercise of law enforcement per se. It was moving people out of the way of hypothermia and death.
Speaker 9: So that was that.
Speaker 12: And you're right though, you know that's the thing is like people treated, especially this one, treated this New York mayoral election like a national election.
Speaker 9: It's not.
Speaker 12: It's a local election for the people who live here. Maybe it's a national election for progressives who think that this is going to be somehow some sort of litmus test for the future of the Democratic Party, which is how it was treated by talking heads. But for the people who are just taxpayers here, who are walking down the streets here.
Speaker 9: I mean, I was walking down the street last week.
Speaker 12: Looking at a dead rat frozen in a ice snow bank next to a pile of garbage that was four feet top.
Speaker 9: That's a Democratic prize.
Speaker 1: And I mean, is this what Democrats are thinking? Now, Oh, we're going to run on the Mom Donnie kind of platform. Now, I mean, do they think they're going to win the midterms running sort of a bunch of Mom Donnie style campaigns?
Speaker 9: Well, the demo of.
Speaker 12: The progress part of the Democratic Party does. I don't know if your viewers are super familiar with this. It may be deep cuts, but the Democratic Party now is undergoing a civil war between progressives and the establishment. So I think like Nancy Pelosi versus AOC in a very superficial web, and the Progressives are really vying for leadership here, and they think that Mom Donnie was a Bellweather that he shows that No, this is actually the democratic future.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow, that's be interesting to see on a national stage. Hey, speaking of other stories on a national stage, here, this story is the world here at the moment, the one out of Arizona, and people in Australia too are absolutely fascinated by. This is the case of eighty four year old Nancy Guthrie, the mother of TV hosts Savannah Guthrie. She is still missing after what appears to have been some sort of abduction. Tell us what is happening with this story and why do you think it has gripped not just some nation, but the world. I was thinking about this earlier. It almost feels like kind of our version of the Lindbergh Baby or something.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it is. It's just this horrifying thing.
Speaker 12: And why it's scripted the nation, I mean, yeah, I'm sure it's definitely the same in Australia. I guess, like The Morning Morning Show is kind of the show that is in everybody's household. Everybody knows Savannah Guthrie and feels like they have some sort of personal relationship with her just as a newscaster.
Speaker 9: And the story.
Speaker 12: Itself is like one of the most horrific, mortifying things you can imagine. Obviously, everybody loves their mother and to imagine this mystery falling on you and this horror falling on your family is just chilling. So, yeah, she was abducted. And what I thought really really kind of brought the story to life was when they released the photo of the which you can see on her tree next to me the bureau there is.
Speaker 9: Him, and it's just like this.
Speaker 12: Like it it feels like like you're living in a living nightmare or in a horror movie or something. Imagining that demon entering your home and abducting your eighty five year old mother. There's something I think particularly disgusting, repulsive, horrific, sinful about the abuse and harm of a child or an elderly woman or an elderly person. And I think that the fact that she is eighty five or eighty six, like just really hits a specific nerve. She's a mother that hits a specific nerve. She is the mother of a woman who we are all familiar with as Americans. That hits another nerve, and it's just driving people insane, I think understandably.
Speaker 1: Hey, just one more thing before I let you go, because the Winter Olympics are on at the moment, and I love the Winter Olympics much more than the summer ones. That's just me. Jd Vance, the Vice president here, he had a nice old shot at some of these athletes who are using platforms to discuss politics. Hey, look at this.
Speaker 10: My advice to them would be to try to bring the country together.
Speaker 11: And when you're representing the country, you're representing Democrats and Republicans.
Speaker 10: You're there to play a sport and you're there to.
Speaker 4: Represent your country, and hopefully when a medal, you're not there to pop off about politics.
Speaker 1: I mean, amen to that, but this was after us gear hunter Hess said he had mixed emotions about representing the country. Your reaction, Yeah.
Speaker 9: It's pretty despicable.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 12: I love the Winter Olympics too, and there was a day maybe in my teenagehood when I was bombing down hills. Maybe it discasses these guys.
Speaker 9: But yeah, it's pretty despicable.
Speaker 12: Sports is supposed to be a unifying thing that we can all love, and the sports heroes that we have are aspirational and wholesome, and this is supposed to be is one thing. You'd hope that politics doesn't have to contaminate, but alas apparently.
Speaker 9: That's impossible because Orange Man bad as.
Speaker 1: Usual, Orange Man Bad, going for gold. Emma Joe Morris, always so good to get your thoughts, to have a chat. Thanks so much for coming on the program. Now, don't go anywhere, because only in America is coming at you in just a moment. But first, this may have been the most exciting moment in last Sunday's Super Bowl. Late in the fourth quarter of the game, a shirtless man made it onto the field and through the wonder of technology, well behold streaker cam.
Speaker 16: How you guys, you guys done, you guys done me?
Speaker 1: Yes, that was Patriots wide receiver Kyle Williams with the assist there that Patriots fans wish she showed that sort of gusto during the actual game. Stick around because only in America is mixed. Welcome back to the program, and now it's time for your favorite segment and mine, Only in America. Well, we all enjoyed bad Bunny at the Super Bowl halftime show, didn't we. No, of course we didn't. But you know who really didn't like it? This patriotic all American grandma.
Speaker 17: Oh put the gang back home. I can't stand this. Tell me, I mean, what in the world is ours?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 9: Thank you? Get off the stage, please, Jaegels.
Speaker 1: You tell them get off the stage and get me off the stage too. Because that's all the time we have for this week. I'll see you next time and see us Briday and early Sunday morning for Outsiders. Bye bye,