Speaker 1: This is the US Report with James Morrow.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the program at the end of a very somber week. And I tell you what, in all the years of doing this program, this would have to be the grimmest US Report I've ever presented. It's now a little over thirty six hours since the news broke that Charlie Kirk, and he needs no introduction, was taken out by a single shot from a sniper's bullet in Utah. His crime, his provocation, well, we don't know for sure, but it is a fair bit bet that the only thing he did wrong, the only thing that attracted that assassin's bullet, was to be a conservative, an outspoken conservative who had an incredible talent for bringing young people over to his side of politics through his famous Change My Mind debates series, where he would sit at a table and literally take all comers and use reason and Socratic dialogue to argue his case and win converts. Kirk was incredibly passionate about America and young people, and getting young people to believe in a brighter future when they were born into a system that seemed and indeed seems to be failing them. He built the massive Turning Point USA network, and he got results. He managed to help massive numbers of young Americans, particularly young men, move away from the left and the leftist indoctrination they'd received every day of their lives through the schools and popular culture. And of course he was close to President Trump and the MAGA movement. They killed him, but his legacy will be the most conservative generation in generations. What happened this week is not just a terrible tragedy for Kirk, his widow, and his two young children left without a father. It is also a tragedy for America because it represents an incredibly dangerous escalation of leftist violets, or rather, I should say, an escalation of the leftist celebration of violence. Because while it is true that over the years Democrats as well as Republicans have lost their lives to political violence in America, and all of that is bad, all of that is evil, all of that needs to stop, only one side seems to celebrate it.
Speaker 1: Do you support his death?
Speaker 3: Do you support his death, Charlie Trudy, You support.
Speaker 2: Charlie Kirk being killed?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: I do. On the day that you're here at a vigil, ye for Charlie Kirk, and you support his death.
Speaker 2: Support a Nazi? No, I don't support a Nazi.
Speaker 3: Charlie Kirk wasn't a Nazi by.
Speaker 1: The sword, died by the sword.
Speaker 5: He did say that gun deaths were an acceptable side effect of gun rights.
Speaker 6: And unfortunately that means your wife is going to be raising her kids potentially alone. But at least everyone still gets access to all their guns.
Speaker 2: I love that last one in particular. You see the logic here. Kirk was a supporter of the Second Amendment right to bear arms, and for that the left thinks he deserves to have been shot. Now that's some great but I think very telling logic there, because what are they saying, take away our guns otherwise we'll be forced to shoot you. Seriously, it's right up there with Islam is a religion of peace and death to anyone who says otherwise. A visibly rattled Trump himself, the victim of two assassination attempts, addressed the hate on the left shortly after the killing.
Speaker 7: It's a long pastime for all Americans and the media to confront the fact that violence and murder are the tragic consequence of demonizing those with whom you disagree day after day, year after year, in the most hateful and despicable way possible. For years, those on the radical left have compared wonderful Americans like Charlie to Nazis and the world's worst mass murderers and criminals. This kind of rhetoric is directly responsible for the terrorism that we're seeing in our country today, and it must stop right now.
Speaker 2: Look he's right, but if I may disagree a little bit here with the President, I don't want to buy in too much to the mean words cause violence argument because I think there is something deeper going on. This is more than words. Now. The left, if you know your history, and I know you do, has a real neolistic darkness at its heart, at the heart of its soul, despite all of its peace, love and mung beans rhetoric. Kirk represented everything the left hates, happiness, family, christianity. Look at him here and look at what he left behind. And now now he's dead. Here's his coffin being carried by Vice President J. D. Vance after landing in his home state of Arizona. There's no words for that. And unlike conservatives who want to preserve and to build, those on the left, the revolutionary left. They want to tear down and start anew, to build their own utopia. It has been the same ever since the terror of the French Revolution, right through the communist upheavals of the twentieth century right through to today, and death or too often is part of that program, because if you're in the way of the road to utopia, you will be crushed. Now, the great question now, in this moment of grief, sadness, has anger, is what to do next? And already there are reports that the bullets the killer fired or planned a fire, were engraved with expressions of transgender and so called anti anti fascist ideology. And we now know, we all know what's so called anti fascist or antifa ideology is all about riots, threats, destruction in the name of politics. And I think this opens a new possibility here. Now whether or not the killer is part of a broader network of organized activists remains to be seen, but either way, this should be the final spur required to force the FBI, now run by Cash Pattel, to do something that should have been done years ago, that is, smash antifa, the so called anti fascist militant organization that happens to run around like a bunch of fascists smashing and rock and everything else and all the other militant organizing groups that have been driving violent protests in America since at least the twenty twenty Summer of Love. And this is a great precedent. There is a great precedent for this in the nineteen sixties under President Lyndon Johnson, a president who, let's be honest, had a lot of flaws, to say the least, did something good. He ordered this man the head of the FBI, j Edgar Hoover, another deeply flawed individual. But that's another story, to take down the KKK, the Ku Klux Klan. Now. Back then they used the Civil Rights Act to smash the organization that had been responsible for horrendous murders and bombings in the South, killing both Black Americans and white civil rights workers. Today, there's another option, use anti racketeering statues known as RICO to go after Antifa and other such groups. Again, whether or not kirks Killer turns out to have been part of a more organized group, there is already early evidence suggesting he was influenced by what is broadly, if entirely inaccurately referred to as the anti fascist movement, which has been responsible for so much mayhem in the US, including riots and partial occupations of cities like Seattle, smashing antif I would go a long way to disrupt violent, radical left protest movements that were previously tacitly or otherwise encouraged by the left, including the Biden and Obama administrations, to act as shock troops for their own agendas. It will be a small start, but an important one, and it is a time of tragedy. Feeling powerless is the worst thing. This idea, though, gives a broader agenda for the administration that might also be a good way to signal to the rest of America that they've got their back and that the bad guys aren't gonna win. All right, Well, let's get straight into it with our us port regular former White House Chief of Staff and senior advisor of Bondi Partners, Mick mulvaney. Mick, a very tragic week here. I'd love to just get your personal reaction to this incredible tragedy, the killing of Charlie Kirk less than forty eight hours ago. Did you know the man? Had you met him. What were your impressions of Charlie Kirk.
Speaker 6: Yeah, James, I was one of the few conservatives who probably didn't know Charlie very well. I had met him a couple of times, but for whatever reasons, our paths didn't cross. But when you move in the same circles that we do, I've reached out to have dozens of people reach out to me today the last couple of days actually to talk about him. He was widely admired on the right, especially for the type of things that probably don't get reported very much. He's just supposedly a really decent guy, good father, great husband, that kind of stuff. So a lot of things you forget about when you do what some of us do for a living, when you talk to a camera for a living, you talk to groups for a living, that sometimes that human part of you gets lost. And there's a lot of folks talking openly now but just what a great human being.
Speaker 1: He was and how much they appreciate him.
Speaker 6: So look, it's I know we're going to talk a little bit about the impact, but the humanity certainly shouldn't be lost on anybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I mean, and that's one of the things that truly struck me about this is that, you know, I mean, obviously all political violence is absolutely wrong. But for this guy whose entire you know, routine, for lack of a better word, his whole way of operating was a dialogue and engaging the other side to be the target of so much hate and vitriol we've seen, you know, not only of course with the shooting itself, but in the aftermath it seems to be so contradictory.
Speaker 6: Yeah, That's what I think is shaking a lot of people here, is that even my demo crat friends who don't like him, and there's a lot of them, and they didn't like him very much, certainly didn't like his politics, you know, admire the fact that he would sit down and talk to people. He was one of those folks who wouldn't want to sit down and talk with you, not necessarily talk at you. And I think that's what's really sort of settling in with folks in a very uncomfortable way, which is this, This is not supposed to happen. It's not supposed to happen at all. Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to minimize that in any way, shape or form, but this was the kind of guy who even the folks in oside would say, yeah, well, this is how you're supposed to do it.
Speaker 1: He's supposed to engage with people.
Speaker 6: You don't yell and screamings at your hair on fire, that type of thing. So, in many, many ways, this is having sending shockwaves to the American political system.
Speaker 2: And you know, we'll get to more of that reaction, some of the horrendous reaction there's been to the killing. But we don't know a motive yet necessarily, but we can suspect a lot of things behind the voted for the shooting. And we've also got indications from the FBI that there was ammunition engraved with expressions of anti fascist or anti fostyle ideology and even transgender indiology ideology on the rifle and on ammunition. This has echoes of that Minnesota case, the horrible shooting of those children at that mass a couple of weeks ago. Is this something that people need to be more concerned about. Is there an issue that the FBI is going to be looking at more broadly with antifa, anti fascist and you know, also the political side of the transgender ideology here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, James you know, it's almost totally to say, you hate to hate to sort of jump to conclusions. Look what the FBI did, yes, right after the right after the shooting, the FBI came out and said they had a suspecting custody and of course it turns out that they did not. So I'm always always sort of reticent about moving three moves down the chest.
Speaker 2: Mord.
Speaker 6: I think it's to say, look, there's a lot of folks on the left today at attacking people on the right for assuming this is politically motivated. I'm not sure what else it would be. I don't know anything about the shooter, I know anything about the motives.
Speaker 1: I get all of that. But this is a.
Speaker 6: Political figure at a political event who was clearly assassinated. This is not a random act of violence walking down the street. I'm here in New York City. If I walk home tonight and I get stabbed, you know, in a mugging event, it's hard to say immediately that's a political sort of event. But this is clearly a political assassination. And I'm not sure why so many people on the left are saying, well, we can't jump to that conclusion. I'm pretty safe about that one that this was politically motivated.
Speaker 1: Why else would you do this under these circumstances.
Speaker 2: I was struck also just by, you know, the way that it looks so similar to the Thomas Crooks assassination attempt on the president, you know, finding the rooftop, squeezing off shots from that rooftop with the vantage point. But speaking of politics, not every politician has had the best reaction to this, and I was particularly struck by Illinois Governor J. B. Pritzker. Now we spoke about Pritzker last week, in the week before. He's a potential contender, he thinks, maybe for the Democratic nomination in twenty eight But have a look at this.
Speaker 3: I would just say it's got a shot, and I think there are people who are fomenting it in this country.
Speaker 8: I think the President's rhetoric often foments it.
Speaker 2: Now, this was even too much of the Washington Post, which called Pritzker's a disgracefully ill timed comment. Has he gone too far with this? And has this damaged Pritzker's campaign against Trump and the Republicans?
Speaker 1: Yes, he's gone too far. Know what, It probably hasn't hurt him.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't think number one from a practical stampoint or so far away from anybody voting, So are they're going to.
Speaker 1: Care much about it?
Speaker 6: But FA said, there's going to be some people who, quietly to themselves, are very happy that this happened.
Speaker 1: In fact, there's some people on the internet. You go find them. They're very candidate.
Speaker 2: How Yeah, we've spoken about them. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: They vote and typically in Democrat primaries. So no, I don't think it hurts JP.
Speaker 1: PRETZK. That's too bad, it really is. It should hurt him.
Speaker 6: When the Democrat governor of Illinois gets taken down by the Washington Post, then you know he's crossed the line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, hey, but you know, I'll tell you what though, Mick, and this has been it's been a really tough couple of days for everybody here. But you know, I spent yesterday with one of my screens just with social media and all the bile pouring across it. But Connecticut young Republicans and young Democrats in Connecticut, I was quite heartened by this story. They've issued a joint statement on social media condemning the killing, saying we reject all forms of political violence and there is no place in our country for such acts, regardless of political disagreements. Mick, I'm kind of feeling like there's a little glibber of hope here. What do you what do you reckon about that?
Speaker 6: You know, James, thank you for mentioning that, because I saw that same statement myself, and I'm like, this, this is good. This is what you hope that people will respond to, especially the young people.
Speaker 1: Keep in mind that that Charlie Kirk was that's where he made.
Speaker 6: His name for himself, was in high schools and colleges and universities and so forth, and says to have those two young groups, that young GOP, young Democrats come on and put out a joint statement is very powerful stuff.
Speaker 1: I hope it last. The broad sentiment is bipartisan here.
Speaker 6: Yes, you're going to see folks on the left celebrating this on the internet. You're gonna see folks in the right calling for retribution. But I do not get the feeling that is mainstream America or even mainstream Washington d C. The large majority of people are hoping we can come together here and do something about political violence.
Speaker 1: I hope at lasts it didn't last time, but maybe it's be different.
Speaker 2: But I mean, you know, just even if some mainstream it just takes one extremist, as we've seen, because I see also that you know, Probalicans Democrat NBC is reporting that both Alexandria Cosio Cortez on the left and Nancy Mace on the right are ditching upcoming events bolstering security measures. I'm really worried that in the really rough and tumble political arena of the United States, where people get out there and they're out on the streets and they're doing rallies and they're talking to people, this is going to have a real chilling effect on getting our elected representatives, getting people in public life out in the public. I'm worried about this and that there's going to have a real chilling effect on Congress, but also across you know, just political life in general. What's your thoughts about this, because you have, of course been a chief of staff, You're Trump's chief of staff, You've been involved with planning events and security and all of these things. Where do you see this going.
Speaker 1: I'm worried.
Speaker 6: I'm absolutely worried, and I'm worried in a very real, tangible, visceral personal way. James look I know we didn't talk about this before the show, but if you did this program in the United States and you were sitting here like I am in New York City, you might think and probably should think twice about walking.
Speaker 1: Home after the show.
Speaker 6: That's just that, that's the type of fear that we've got. Look, I know Nancy Mace, I know Alexandria a Costa Cortez. I don't know AOC as well as you know Nancy, but they're right to be concerned. AOC is right to be worried about a nut job on the right sort of, you know, taking vengeance in his or her own hands. And Nancy's worried about the entire environment that if it could happen to Charlie, can happen to anybody.
Speaker 1: And if it can happen to Charlie, it can't happen to anybody.
Speaker 2: Finally, I don't want to add on a dark note or a negative note, but I wasn't a little disturbed by this. Here there was a moment on the floor of Congress, which was a little depressing because Republicans won't have a moment's silence in the House. But some of the Democrats didn't like this, have a look at this.
Speaker 6: Let's let's let's wait a minute, Wait a minute, the house would be an orger nke.
Speaker 2: I kind of feel like Congress could learn a few things from those young Democrats and young Republicans in Connecticut.
Speaker 1: Again, you don't want to end on a dark note.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 6: I am very, very enthusiastic and encouraged by what the young Republicans and young Democrats did in Connecticut, but maybe their parents and grandparents should take a couple lessons from them. Look, if you're wondering how long this sort of atmosphere of bipartisan encouragement of civil discourse is going to last, keep an eye on Congress, because if it starts to change it, it'll start to change their first.
Speaker 2: Meg Well, Vanie, we're gonna have to leave it there. Thank you so much for joining us on this album. Very somber day. Thank you very much, Nick.
Speaker 1: Thanks James.
Speaker 2: All right, I want to bring in next Fox News contributor Joe Concha for more reaction to the horrific assassination of Charlie Kirk. Joe, thanks so much for joining me. First of all, I just got to ask, on a personal note, what are your thoughts your feelings, your reflections on Charlie Kirk. I don't know if you knew Charlie at all, but what are your thoughts and your reflections on what's just happened over the last forty eight hours.
Speaker 8: Well, thanks, James. You know, I met Charlie on many occasions. You know, I wouldn't say like we were friends that would vacation together type of thing, but certainly I got to know Charlie enough to know that this was a person who was principled, a person who was led by his faith in God and family first and foremost before any career and any turning point USA and any political influence.
Speaker 2: That he had.
Speaker 8: I think for many conservative young adults, James, they'll remember this day and exactly where they were when they heard that Charlie was shot or killed, the same way that older folks in our country would remember where they were where JFK was shot or when RFK was shot or Martin Luther King. Because when you think about it, there haven't been any political assassinations in the US since the sixties, right, I mean, Reagan was shot and Trump was shot, but they survived. So this was as shocking as that, and I think Ultimately, the Charlie Kirk will go down as one of the great patriots of the twenty first century and perhaps of all time in this country politically. When you think about what he decided to do at just age eighteen, Sean, I mean, I think about, like, you know what I was thinking about at age eighteen, like where am I going on spring break.
Speaker 1: In college next year? Or I'm not sure where.
Speaker 8: Your thought process was probably about the same to start this movement of turning point USA literally from scratch. And this wasn't somebody who shouted people down. He believed in debate, open ideas, He loaws censorship, and he would do these things at his events where he would tell people, if you disagree with me the most, come to the front and let's talk about it and go back and forth with them.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 8: So overall, more and more there seems to be people in this country, James, who have no interest in debate. Instead, they want to silence those they disagree with through censorship or violence or.
Speaker 1: Even in this case death.
Speaker 8: I mean, we've seen too many Democrats say that Donald Trump, for instance, is a threat to democracy or in the words of one congressman here named Dan Gold and who said that Donald Trump needs to be eliminated. James Homey spells out eighty six forty seven on a beach, which means clearly take out the forty seventh president eighty six to ten, or President Biden saying four days before Donald Trump was shot in Butler, Pennsylvania in July of twenty twenty four, that Trump quote needed to be put in a bullseye unquote. So this rhetoric needs to stop because we could say, oh, this could have deadly consequences. Now we see it does have deadly consequences.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I loved Barack Obama the other day tweeting all, you know, peace, love and mung beans reaction to Charlie Kirk's death. But he was the guy who said when they bring a knife to a gunfight, you bring a gun, you know. I mean, he was the ultimate guy in all of this. But there's so much hypocrisy on this and I want to ast your reaction to this one here, because there's been a lot of people on the left have been really hating. But one person on the left, he tries to say that they're being nice about this. New York City mayoral candidate, the socialist Zoran Mom Donnie tweeted, I'm horrified by the shooting of Charlie Kirk at a college event. Political violence has no place in our country, but this seems incredibly hypocritical because just two years ago this was a guy who was calling on a ban on Charlie Kirk and his talking Turning Point USA group holding an event in Queen's Joe. I think Zorn needs to understand a bit more of the of the spirit that Charlie Kirk operated with.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I guess Charlie didn't operate in the spirit of globalized the Infantada, which obviously marn then Donnie has defended, or the fact. I mean, I could go on and on as far as m Donnie is concerned, but overall, yeah, the hypocrisy is overwhelming. I mean, we saw Stephen Colbert, for example, talking about how there is no place for violence in this country and we never should be calling for anybody to be hurt. He said that on a show you know this week, and well you can go back and look at the clips where he literally said that let's put Donald Trump and a blu factory, which means, you know, let's kill him right before he could actually inflict some harm. Tim Walls, who was the vice presidential candidate, James, he was literally rooting for just last week news that Donald Trump was actually dead when Legacy media here pushs that whole ridiculous gossip rumer around because Donald Trump hadn't spoke to the press in two days, when interestingly enough, like Joe Biden would go like a month without speaking to the press, and no one ever questioned that. I could go on and on James, but yeah, the hypocrisy is thick, so thick you could cut it with the knife, as the old saying.
Speaker 2: Well, one of the ones that I think has made a lot of headlines at least here in Australia was one of the analysts at MSNBC. Here was how he talked about the shooting.
Speaker 9: We don't know if this was the supporter shooting their gun off in celebration, so we have no idea about this.
Speaker 1: But following up.
Speaker 9: What was just said, he's been one of the most divisive, especially divisive younger figures in this who is constantly sort of pushing the sort of hate speech or sort of aimed at certain groups. And I always go back to hateful thoughts lead to hateful words which then lead to hateful actions.
Speaker 2: Now, Joe, he wound up getting fired for that. He lost his giggle on FSMBC. The network apologized. But here's the thing, He's not alone. This is the way an awful lot of people think.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there have been some despicable comments made after this assassination. I mean, obviously you mentioned Matthew Dowd, who is a profoundly horrible human being, actually blaming Charlie Kirk himself the same way Matthew Dowd blamed Donald Trump after his assassination attempts for in Dowd's mind, you know, they've bought it on themselves and therefore they deserved it. We also heard on MSNBC that maybe a Trump supporter, and again that was Dowd said, well, maybe he's just celebrating and shoot in the moment and accidentally hit Charlie Kirk. I mean, this is utterly delusional, and the fact that this aired on national television is reckless and it's rants so overall, Look, you would think that after nine to eleven, for example, we saw our media here in the United States report responsibly and everybody as citizens came together.
Speaker 1: We're not seeing this.
Speaker 8: Now, I'm not comparing nine to eleven to the assassination of Charlie Kirk, but you would think that this would be a ninety nine to one issue where most people here in the country would say this is horrible, this is wrong.
Speaker 10: This is a dad of.
Speaker 8: A very young daughter and a baby boy, and this is so sad that his wife, Erica has to go through this. Instead, we're seeing this almost like a fifty to fifty thing where people are saying, well, because Charlie Kirk engaged in some dialogue I didn't agree with, therefore maybe he deserved it. It's disturbing.
Speaker 2: Gee well, and this reaches right to the top. It's not just crazy people in academia and just weirdos on TikTok. This was Joe Biden's former press secretary, Jen Saki. Haven't listened to this.
Speaker 5: And obviously there's a lot of rhetoric that is problematic.
Speaker 11: A lot of it is coming from one particular side and from one particular building.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so it's a harmful rhetoric from the right here again that's causing this. It's this sort of climate of violence sort of thing. We've seen this over and over again in American history where whenever something goes wrong they blame the right for their words.
Speaker 1: Wow, fascinating? Was it the right? Was Joe Biden?
Speaker 8: Is he on the right because the last check he is not. And when he was president four days before an assassination attempt was engaged on Donald Trump and Butler, Pennsylvania, July thirteen, twenty twenty four, Joe Biden, the sitting president, said it is time to put Donald Trump quote in a bullseye unquote.
Speaker 2: Huh oh.
Speaker 8: I know Donald Trump was nearly assassinated twice, and I know Charlie Kirk, my friend, is dead. So yeah, give me the examples on the left of people dying. I'd love to hear it, because it just doesn't exist.
Speaker 2: Joe Cars, Look, we're gonna have to leave it there. Thank you so much for your time to discuss all of this. Now, stick around because after the break we're gonna have Robert Barnes to talk more about all of this. But I also don't want to be all doing gloom tonight, because hey, did you catch this? Donald Trump hit the town in DC the other night to show just how safe the streets were, and he went to a restaurant and guess what. He got confronted by some protesters, so he turned the tables, so to speak.
Speaker 8: Lay your dinner.
Speaker 2: Good on. I'm going to have a little bit of a chat to the protesters. I wonder if they were interested in a robusted debate. Robert Barnes in a tick. Welcome back to the program, and in a moment I'll be joined by trial lawyer Robert Barnes. But first I want to talk about some more disturbing reaction to the of Charlie Kirk. Now listen to this. Here I'm going to show you some vision from inside the newsroom of entertainment website TMZ, and they can be clearly heard applauding and cheering the news as the news of the death of Charlie Kirk is announced. Listen to this.
Speaker 10: It's the news conference is scheduled for three o'clock and Utah time, which is two o'clock Pacific, five o'clock Eastern.
Speaker 1: Janet go.
Speaker 2: Lovely stuff. And while that the outfit thought fit to post that, But you know, it's all part of a bigger problem people thinking it is perfectly okay to react joyously to the death of someone they don't like, someone they disagree with. Now we've seen this through countless TikTok videos and social media posts Blue Sky where all the lefties left X after Elon Musk took over, there was a veritable sewero celebration, as you see on your green and teachers in healthcare workers apparently have been among the worst offenders. All Rica was.
Speaker 11: All in it teasy because she gonna tell me that Charlie Kirk gotshay.
Speaker 1: And I say it good.
Speaker 2: So we get into this whole conversation about it, and she goes, well, you can't hate people.
Speaker 1: For their political views.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, yes, I can like that specifically why I hate people Sometime?
Speaker 2: If you're on the right of politics, do you want to be taken care of by somebody like that? Have your kids taught by somebody who shares those sorts of views? I don't, And I have to wonder what's going on here? How did it get to this? Why are people so open about their hate? Well, my friend Miranda and Vine you know her well from this program and the New York Post summed it up well. She said they wouldn't be rushing to film themselves saying this if they didn't believe there was a wide audience applauding them and cultural cachet to be had. That is the culture democrats of Foster. Now they have to take responsibility and unfoster it not both sides. It spot on, Miranda. But you know what, not too optimistic things are going to change anytime soon. All right, now, let's bring in Robert Barnes, trial lawyer, Robert Barnes. Robert, thank you so much for coming on the program. A very somber day here a lot of reaction to the assassination of Charlie Kirk. You did Charlie's podcast, I believe, tell us what it was like working with Charlie, how was he as way to work with and what we had general impressions of the man just having dealt with him.
Speaker 12: Yeah, So I followed Charlie throughout his entire career. A young guy started out as sort of a Norman Conservative, sort of a Ben Shapiro kind of personality, started turning point when I think he was eighteen years old, out of his garage and he built it into one of the most extraordinary young people political movement in the history of the country. And in watching him do it, was fascinated by his willingness, his eagerness to achieve extraordinary things, his fearlessness, and that advocacy took on reaching out to young people especially the other thing that always struck me about Charlie, and you know, I got the chance to be friends with him. A very nice guy, very open guy, you know, not like a lot of the diva personalities you might get with you know, success, He had none of that.
Speaker 2: He was very accessible.
Speaker 12: He would do favors for friends, you know, with you know, at a drop of a hat.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 12: He would record videos for people. He would do do it for free all the time. He would do things out of his own on his own time and his own dime all the time. Very open minded, very curious guy, willing to change his opinion on topics, on subjects, on policies. A true throwback to old school American dialogue and debate in the best of the Enlightenment tradition. He was truly, as some people have said, he was the best America had to offer. And his assassination as a tragedy not only for his obviously his young daughters and young daughter, young son, and his young wife, but for America itself because it looks like political violence is getting a permission slip from the left, and as long as that happens, we're going to face a lot more of it, and we're going to look at you know, we're gonna look like the sixties all over again.
Speaker 2: Well that's the thing I'm really worried about, Robert, is this, you know, threat that we go back to the sixties. You know, when you had Bobby Martin, JFK, you had in the seventies, you had an incredible wave of weather, underground bombings, all sorts of bobbings by Puerto Rican nationalists, various different groups. We forget all about that. Now that wasn't living memory of an awful lot of people, people you know, older than you know, their fifties to sixties. They woul to remember all this. We seem to have forgotten about this. How concerned are you that America is going to descend back into this? Because while I know there's been political violence on both sides of politics and victims on both sides, only one side seems to get on social media and cheer when it happens, no doubt about it.
Speaker 12: And what we've seen is if you study American history, that usually the people committing the violence. Are these psychopaths and sociopaths getting to act out their sick fantasies. They're sick violent fantasies, but the violence tends to take to a whole new Usually those fantasies stay in their head until and unless somebody with power gives them a political permission slip. What Miranda Devine was talking about, a cultural cachet for doing the violence. That's when you see a surge of violence. We saw it around the time of the Civil War in America, again during a lot of the anarchists driven violence of the late nineteenth early twentieth century. Then, of course saw it in Europe in the nineteen twenties and nineteen thirties between communists and fascists. We saw it again in the United States in the nineteen sixties. I studied in detail when I was in school the history of the ku Klux Klan, and what you find is that organization's violence surged and waned with political permission slips by the local and broader political community. That when the community condemned them, that violence disappeared and faded in the background, became rare and exceptional. When, by contrast, like at the after the Civil War, like again in the nineteen twenties, like again in the nineteen fifties and nineteen sixties, when they got a political you know, wink in a nod from the powers that be, that's when the violence exploded. And we've been seeing this political permission slip since Trump got on the scene.
Speaker 2: Robert, I want to just ask you some very quickly. You talked about having studied the Ku Klux Klan before earlier in the program. I said this would be a great opportunity for the FBI and the Justice Department to do to Antifa what LBJ did through Hoover to the clan. Is this something that you would think would be a good idea now for the FBI, for the province Justice to break these networks of these hard left, radical violent groups. Absolutely.
Speaker 12: I've been calling for it for a while because it was clear the riots in twenty sixteen were not all organic that unlike Charlie Kirk's organization, many of these protests, many of these violent movements, have showed the signs of sponsorship, of patronage, of financial support. The Trump administration is getting serious about cracking down on all the funders. The supporters, the facilitators, the aiders, and the abetters, the enablers of this dangerous violence. And we've got to at a minimum, stop the political permission, slip shame and all the people that do it, and go after criminally and civilly the financial networks that are encouraging this and incentivizing it. We need to crack down on this politicized violence now and everybody who's funding it, abling it, and enabling it.
Speaker 2: Robert Barnes, thank you so much for that perspective. I'm really glad we had you on the program this week. I stick around because we're going to have more on the horrific events for the past forty eight hours after the break, as well as a new survey about the left of their priorities that may just have a solution to the fertility crisis. But first, an amazing moment on the View this week, as will Be Goldberg discovers the internet. Apparently you can read Supreme Court decisions there. Who knew?
Speaker 4: And we know that you can't comment on a legal cases pending, but as Sonny said, you know the ruling yesterday about ice rays. I'm just curious, how are they going to know who is who.
Speaker 2: Read my descent?
Speaker 4: Where where can people find these descents?
Speaker 2: Because I think.
Speaker 4: People always think they're not available to regular folks. Is there a place to online?
Speaker 1: Online?
Speaker 2: Online? Amazing? Wait till somebody tells her about VCRs. Why the Left art having babies? After the break? Welcome back to the program. Well, joining me now is political commentator Stephanie Hammell. Back on the program, Stephanie. Is a terrible grim day to be having a chat here, but glad to have you here. In any case, I want to ask you your own personal reaction to the horrible news and events with Charlie Kirk. I know you'd met him a number of times and interviewed him when you were working at the Daily Caller. I just love some of your personal reflections on Charlie Kirk, the man and what he was like to work with for our viewers.
Speaker 11: Hi James, it's great to see you, and yes, today is a very dark day. Not only is are we remembering the attacks on September eleventh, but also what happened to Charlie Kirk at the event in Utah. And you're right, I've known Charlie Kirk for I don't know since like twenty fifteen, twenty fourteen. We've collaborated with media segments over the years. I was also a Turning Point ambassador. I had been to several of the Turning Point events, have even had the opportunity to speak on stage. And you know, it's just so heartbreaking. My heart goes out to his family, his wife, his babies. I mean, I just can't even begin to imagine what they're going through. This is a tough time in our country. Charlie Kirk was a once in a generation leader, a voice, a very successful young man, inspirational, he was just amazing at bringing people together. Think about this movement that he started. The interview that you referenced for the Daily Caller, he told me about his first event where only four people showed up and they were just his friends. And if you go to if you'd been into any of the recent events or seeing the videos, you'll see that there's thousands and thousands of students from across the country who attend these events. It's like a rock concert. He really impacted the conservative movement like no other. I mean, just bringing the youth forward, letting them speak their minds, letting them share their pro America values, their family values, and to be unapologetic about it. It is truly disturbing that we live in a country where there are people who don't just disagree with conservatives, but they actually want to murder us. And we've seen this time and time again. It wasn't that long ago that there was an attack on our in a topt on his life, not once, but twice. So what happened to Charlie Kirk as representative of what some people want to do to the rest of us who speak out, who want to value our freedom of speech, who want to value what makes this country great. It really is just terribly tragic.
Speaker 2: Where does the movement go from here? Now that we've lost Charlie and there's so much you know, attack on people who have moved into this camp, moved from the left to the right, particularly this young demographics, preuly young men who are now you know, they realize they didn't have to swallow the left wing pill that they've been taught by the popular culture and in the schools. How do they carry this on now?
Speaker 11: Yeah, something I've been thinking about, and as you guys reference in one of the other segments with another guess, is that there are people who are celebrating this brutal assassination of Charlie Kirk. But what they don't realize is that they have unleashed something that they can't even imagine. We will not be silenced those in the conservative movement who have been speaking out. We are feeling more emboldened than ever, and we know that Charlie would want us to keep going forward.
Speaker 1: We're going to keep going to events.
Speaker 11: We're going to keep speaking out, and we're going to keep winning people over with our ideas. We don't need to resort to violence because our ideas are smart, it's common sense, they work. That's why we're bringing people to our side. And that's why there are so many people who are triggered by this and feel like, you know, they can't win with their ideas, so they want to physically harm us. And as for where the movement goes, it's not going to end. I mean it is a growing movement and there are so many of us who will continue on and carry on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I think that's absolutely right. I think it will carry on. I think what Charlie did was give people the permission structure to say what they actually thought and not just you know, regurgitate what they've been told to say. But just a few other bits of news around that. I want to get your reaction on this, and I want to get your reaction on this before all of these horrible events, because there was a fascinating poll and I think NBC did it that revealed that gen Z the gender divide on politics is absolutely massive. But what was really interesting to me was about their life priorities. And it found that for gen Z males, those who voted for Trump, those people voted, those young guys, said the most important thing for personal success for them would be to have a kid, have kids, have families, whereas gen Z females who voted for Kamala Harris ranked that as the second least most important thing in their life. Is this the key to this whole birth rate fertility crisis that the left and particularly leftist young women don't want to have kids anymore? What's going on there?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I saw this poll, and of course that's if you believe the polls, and I actually do believe this one. And this is a multi layered issue that you know, we could spend hours dissecting. There's so much that goes into this I think a lot of young people feel like they can't afford marriage, that they can't afford to have family, because it's tough just getting by by yourself. I mean, it's almost impossible for young people to buy their first home now if you look at the cost of living, and so I think that's one factor that goes into it.
Speaker 5: And I think another.
Speaker 11: Factor is that young people have been bombarded with propaganda, indoctrinated. We've been told that babies in the womb are disposable, that they are garbage, that it's not human life. We have heard from so many people that you know, family doesn't matter, and I just can't think of anything more important than family. As a mother of two, I get emotional thinking about just Yeah, it makes me sad how young people have been misguided and misled. It is amazing being a mother and to be a wife. There's nothing more important than that. And that is also a shared value that Charlie Kirk spoke about that there was nothing more important than family, and I'm glad that he got to experience that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Stephanie, thank you so much for your time. I'm in free reflection tonight, really appreciate We'll have you back again, hopefully unhappier circumstances. Thank you so much. Now, don't go anywhere, because we're gonna have a special Only in America coming up next. But first, just released audio has come in of White House Chief of Staff Susie Wilds, telling us what she told her people after the news came through about Charlie Kirk.
Speaker 5: We have a lot of high profile people here that engage publicly and in the media, and they say things.
Speaker 1: Others might not like.
Speaker 5: So I called everybody in before they went home last night and said, go home, hug your children, hug your spouse, be careful, take precautions, and don't let your voice get softer. Charlie would want everybody to speak as they had.
Speaker 2: Been and more one hundred percent. Stick around Only in America next, and now it's time for a little segment we like to call Only in America. Well, normally this is the point of the show where we play something really wacky and fun and goofy, but instead, in honor of Charlie Kirk, I'd like to finish the show with a little clip of the man talking about why he does what he does and the threats he faced every day right until the.
Speaker 10: End the people.
Speaker 3: I go around universities and have challenging conversations and because that's what is so important to our country is to find our disagreements respectfully, because when people stop talking, that's when violence happens.
Speaker 1: I've never seen someone jovi.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a growing trend because people like me are facing violence assault the left, yes, the campus Antifa. I've been stormed out of restaurants. I've been assaulted publicly, multiple death threats.
Speaker 1: So what's your dog.
Speaker 3: There's more people that agree with me than some people would actually believe, and they come out of the woodwork when I do stuff like this. We record all of it so that we put on the internet so people can see these ideas collide. When people stop talking, that's when you get violence. That's when civil war happens because you start to think the other side is so evil and they.
Speaker 1: Lose their humanity.
Speaker 2: Damn straight, Let's never stop talking. Have a great weekend. Bye bye,