Speaker 1: I want the fairy tale. I want the prince charming.
Speaker 2: She how do I put this? Isn't a fan of my kissing style.
Speaker 1: With the boyfriend and girlfriend for about twelve hours. He's in a trash bin. He's non recyclable catching them up.
Speaker 2: I loved being in love. I love love.
Speaker 1: On today's episode of Where's Your Head At, we are joined by Claire from this season of Married at First Sight Australia.
Speaker 3: We'll ask Claire about her relationship with Jesse, the kiss with Adam, and her thoughts on the Red Flag Harrison.
Speaker 1: We will also ask her about her time on the show, which couples she thinks will last the distance, and who is maybe there for the wrong reasons.
Speaker 2: Stick around to hear all the mass goss.
Speaker 1: Where's Your Head At is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 2: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice and much more.
Speaker 3: Hello Claire, Welcome guys, thank you for having me, Thank you for coming in.
Speaker 1: I sold you're at Melbourne Fashion Week.
Speaker 4: I was that was so much fun. I've never been to anything like that and I was invited by Jimmie as a party and he said would you like to join?
Speaker 5: And I was like, but what will I wear?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: But I had such a great time and I met some pretty cool people and it was crazy like watching people that you sing on TV that you're like fangling over coming up to you and fangling you and it's like another picture with you.
Speaker 2: I didn't you did it?
Speaker 4: You kept it cool. Cool.
Speaker 1: I've been trying to keep that up to date with math. He drags his feet a little bit, just.
Speaker 3: So I've watched enough. So I binge watched enough of you literally your scenes, and just for this interview because because I wanted to be on top of everything.
Speaker 5: But there's a quiz after this.
Speaker 3: I won't pass that. I've never passed the quis in my life. But yeah, it just gives me anxiety some of the stuff on.
Speaker 1: There, like it's stressful to lot.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, my anxiety was flaring because I was watching it in the Sydney Hotel and I was like, fucking this.
Speaker 5: I was like, was it sky Sweets by any chance?
Speaker 1: I'm sure you would have PTSD.
Speaker 4: I actually kept a few things from my time on Maths and going through them and I saw my little sky sweets pass. Oh, I just shut it, like I will never go there again. No, in all honesty, like there were some bad moments, but there was never any bad days. Like I really enjoyed my time. And I would do it again in a heartbeat. Like if they called me and they're like, ship, we forgot to press record, we've got no content, you need to.
Speaker 5: Come back, I would, Yeah, I'd go back.
Speaker 4: No problems that you love the experience, Yeah, I really did. I think that if you surrender control and you you know, just have a bit of positive energy about you and show some resilience, I think you and take it too seriously.
Speaker 5: You just have fun with fair I think.
Speaker 2: You know it's all bad, all high anxious situations that I.
Speaker 4: Took a chill field.
Speaker 1: She's a very chill person. Like she's got her crystals with her huge day. I really appreciate that rubbing the crystal. Yeah, I mean, just for context, I was like twenty minutes late. Checked it was okay. I was the latest I've ever been to the podcast. Got stuck in some like very bad at traffic and arrived here and the energy was quite coming.
Speaker 3: Thank you well Claire and me had we've been had a fit of time to chat and she's brought her angel cards, so fairy card, her fairy card. Sorry, and I had a fairy card reading.
Speaker 1: So how did you find that? Matt?
Speaker 2: What were they again?
Speaker 4: You sexuality in a child, stand your ground and peace of mind?
Speaker 2: What do you think about them?
Speaker 1: I mean it's pretty spotif, but I love it. You also have brought some little mementos for your time in Math.
Speaker 4: I did, this is my journal, so I've even got it like ingraved.
Speaker 1: So cute, says Math.
Speaker 4: But I wrote I wrote in this nearly every day, just like how I was feeling at the time, and you know what was going on, and you.
Speaker 1: Know, oh my god, you want to read it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh I didn't enjoy that. And then the next night I just got more weird. After Voxy, I cried and explained how sad it made me to feel shut down. Oh, he just became a different person and shut down completely. He went to bet at eight thirty, no words or explanation. It's now nine am and he's still asleep. We just went paddleboarding. Oh. I actually haven't read back on this. Maybe I'll do a memoirs memoirs, but no, I brought a few things.
Speaker 3: I love this as I'm very sentimental myself, so sentimental like keipt on.
Speaker 4: My boarding passers. Bronti and I went and got a tattoo together. We all got like Bronti, Sandy Lindle and I all got an ex mine kind of got infected and scabbed off. So I don't know if that was the token.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's a sign everyone, that's a business card.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just like that was the tattoo there was where is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Who got the X?
Speaker 4: So Sandy, Bronti, myself, Linda already had it and we spoke about it at the hands and we thought ten girls season ten Romanum or X for ten, let's all do it, you know, unite us. And he did cause a bit of a divide. They didn't show that, but there was a few girls that were a little bit offside about that and thought that there was a bit of a group.
Speaker 5: But it kind of wasn't playing.
Speaker 4: Like Sandy went on her own. We all just said let's go and do it. And it happened to me that Brontie and I one day were like, let's go to Manly. We'll catch the ferry across and there was a tatoo shop. Should we go get this? Should we go get the X tattoo? And we just did it.
Speaker 1: So wow.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately mine did get infected.
Speaker 1: And that is a bad omen.
Speaker 2: Are you going to get it touched up?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I think I will.
Speaker 5: It's still like it still means like something and it's quite nice.
Speaker 1: So totally. How long ago did you film maths?
Speaker 4: My wedding was on the thirteenth of August year, so it's.
Speaker 5: Been a while.
Speaker 4: And I got back home like the tenth of November or the eleventh of November.
Speaker 2: It's a long time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've had time to.
Speaker 4: Kind of be compress and you know, reevaluate our lives.
Speaker 3: Is that time in between really weird between before it is?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is super weird. It's like in limbo. Yeah, do I go back to a full time job? Do I What am I doing with myself? What did I just experience?
Speaker 2: What are they going to do with the editor? Even?
Speaker 4: Yeah, even that, like you kind of worry, you know. Obviously I did what I did and I was like, fuck, am I going to be just like completely slut shamed? Am I going to be marked with this? Awful, like cheating person, you do worry a little bit, and so I didn't want to go back to working in a childcare center if I do do that, and then parents are like, oh, you know, I don't feel comfortable with you being, you.
Speaker 5: Know, around my child, around my husband.
Speaker 4: Or you know, you just think all these intrusive thoughts are like stressing you out. But honestly, it's been it's been really good. I feel like so much love since I've been back home and since it's good and if anything has given me more confidence in myself and like, if you are true to yourself and you're authentic and you mean what you say, and you say what you mean and you own your shit, then no one can ever hold it against you.
Speaker 1: Agree.
Speaker 2: That was my mentality when I went on Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, was there a part of you that thought that potentially you could get the villain edit because of the cheating.
Speaker 4: To be honest, no, because I know what I'd said and I know how i'd handle myself. And if I sat back going yeah, but Jesse, you said this about me and you treated me like this and created excuses for my behavior similar to.
Speaker 5: Adam, then absolutely, Yeah.
Speaker 4: But I feel like I didn't do that, and I feel I'm so proud of myself the way I did handle it.
Speaker 5: And I don't think I've ever seen any man or any.
Speaker 4: Guy on any reality TV show who's made a mistake own it the way I did. And I think that if I was a guy doing and speaking the way I did, I would be so much more like glorified and being like, how amazing, this amazing guy has taken such accountability. But I don't know, maybe I'm still playing that male female card, but I feel like as a female, you are more put down and you still are like, yeah, but once a cheater, always a cheater. She did that, So that is a little internal battle I kind of think about sometimes.
Speaker 2: On that have you cheated in previous relationship?
Speaker 4: No, I've never cheated in a relationship. I've been cheated on a lot, much nearly every relationship that I've had, or I've only really had three, but all three of those I was cheated on.
Speaker 5: And it really fucks you up.
Speaker 4: But it makes you feel not good enough and it makes you feel not validated, And so I could really understand, like watching Jesse on the couch next to me become like a shell of himself. I could really resonate with that, because I'm like, shit, I remember feeling that way.
Speaker 2: What made you kiss Adam? Then? Like, why did you?
Speaker 4: Honestly? Like, I think, if I'm really honest about it, I think that I'd only spent eight or nine days with Jesse, and in that time, he didn't make me feel good. He didn't like me, he didn't like my personality, didn't like my hobbies, he didn't like how I spoke, he didn't like what I had to say, and I didn't feel I didn't feel good. And then I met Adam that night out and he was like, You're so funny, You're so beautiful, You're hilarious.
Speaker 5: I love how out there you are.
Speaker 4: And I guess all those things that I wanted to hear from Jesse I heard from Adam, and I kind of felt he's a charming guy. He's charismatic, he's good looking, he's got this cool accent, and I'd kind of fell for it.
Speaker 5: And I allowed myself to kind of be drawn in.
Speaker 4: And maybe that's me seeking validation from something outside of my relationship when I'm not happy and completely.
Speaker 5: Not right at all.
Speaker 4: But you know, there wasn't so much to it. You know, there was no let's go out after, there was no phone call, phone conversation.
Speaker 5: We weren't on the phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna ask.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was literally a passion dash.
Speaker 1: So what was your mindset? Because I've had so many like debates about this with my fiance, and I was like, I just don't Yeah, we do love it, and I told you to watch it too. We should be having anyway. And like I was kind of under the impression that obviously you're married at first sight, right, and like as a viewing public, people take it very seriously. They're like, they are married whatever, whatever, whatever. But in my mind, I was like, it doesn't seem like in your head, you're like in the headspace of I'm married in that moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess you're right.
Speaker 5: And you know, we were the first couple to get married.
Speaker 4: So we got married, We had a seven night honeymoon, eight days we're away, and then we come back for eight or nine days and we're completely split, so we have to wait for everybody else to get married and everybody else to own their honeymoon. So we had these eight or nine days together where it ended really badly, and then we don't have each other's number.
Speaker 2: We don't speak, so you don't talk to.
Speaker 4: Me, you don't talk. Then I'm in my own hotel for nine days, he's in his, and then we come back in skysweets.
Speaker 1: Wait, so how long was how long?
Speaker 4: Were we like an eight day gap between before us getting reunited again?
Speaker 2: Are you like our communication to the outside world.
Speaker 4: Well, you've got your phone, yeah, so you can. I could call my mum, my sister. You know, that's all good. But I hadn't sprang to him, and we left it really badly, like we left our honeymoon not speaking. It's not for me. This guy's really awful. And then we got reunited. You know, we're like going into the first dinner party. I'm like, I want to go and see him. I don't want to go into the first dinner party separate. It's not setting us up for success in this experiment. I want to speak to him. Like, we don't have each other's number, we couldn't text. So that's when I went to his hotel room and I'm like, all right, well I'm going to try here. Even though he was really mean to me, I'm still going to try. And that's when he was like, nah, I don't chase chicks and that that really really hurt me bad, like.
Speaker 2: That Jesse reckons he doesn't chasee chicks.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I went back to him and he's.
Speaker 2: Like, I think he should.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: That really upset me more than anything because that was me showing up. That was me going okay, Well, we didn't speak for the last three days and our honeymoon. You're pretty mean to me. In your vows, you said I respect kindness and as a kind person. We are on a very small island for four days. There's one breakfast buffet, like you've seen me hard. It's awkward.
Speaker 5: And I said, look, why didn't you just come and say like are you okay?
Speaker 4: Sorry? I may have been a bit hush, didn't mean that, and I would have been like it's all good like.
Speaker 1: So it was like a Mexican standoff at the island.
Speaker 4: Essentially, I'm on like on one side, he's on the other.
Speaker 1: So that's three days and then there's an eight day gap where you don't talk. That equates now eleven days. There was a small conversation at Sky Sweets where you were like, hey, let's.
Speaker 4: Clear the air.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there he was like, nah, a bit of backlash from him, and then.
Speaker 4: We went straight into the dinner party that night. So the morning I went and saw him, he was like, I don't chase chicks.
Speaker 5: Then we go to the dinner party that night and it was just awkward.
Speaker 4: It was That's when I met all the other husbands. That's when we all got together and talked about our wedding.
Speaker 1: Okay, so first impressions of Adam in that dinner party scenario, because obviously in your headspace at the moment, you're off Jesse. Yeah, you tried again, you put the olive branch out. He's kind of rejected it in a way.
Speaker 4: It's just like if it was a day on the outside world, we never would have seen each other.
Speaker 1: Agin And this guy's run into me.
Speaker 4: He's a bit alternative, which is cool, Like that's fine, but there's no point in pursuing someone who doesn't want you, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I took that as a big like no. And that's the thing. I don't feel like I had a chance with Jesse from day one. I feel like he had in his mind shut me out completely. It was like, no, this chick's not for me, she's too much, too loud, you know, even sitting on the honeymoon. You're super independent, you've got your shit together and not all really good things. But he's like, I'm scared that you're going to become bored of me and I'm going to become really needy. And in that moment, I realized that that's his insecurities and he's a super insecure dude.
Speaker 1: And that was a sad moment.
Speaker 5: It was really sad, it was.
Speaker 4: But also, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know your responsibility.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sure not with any offense, but I came and wanting someone who can be on my level, who can be like, let's be in that driver's seat together, not someone have to like kind of carry along with me, Like that's not what I want in a relationship lit atlone, a marriage, you know.
Speaker 1: So let's go back to the dinner party. Was they're flirting at that dinner party with Adam because obviously then you've gone out and made out. Was what was like the vibe with you guys?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 5: To be honest, she didn't really like Adam.
Speaker 4: Oh really the first time I met him at the dinner party, and you know when you talk to someone and their eyes are over there, and they're like, yeah, huh, they're like worried about what's happening over there. I found him like really hard to speak to you.
Speaker 5: I'm like, this guy's don't.
Speaker 4: Even listening to me when I'm speaking.
Speaker 5: So I didn't vibe.
Speaker 4: Him at all. And when we did the attractive photo challenge, I actually put him last.
Speaker 1: Actually, I think I remember that.
Speaker 2: They didn't know.
Speaker 4: They didn't show Jesse and I for some reason maybe.
Speaker 2: Done that purpose.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe, but I put I put Adam last. Funnily enough, So these.
Speaker 1: Are things that as a view as a viewer, we needed to say why. I think I remember that, and I think I'm thinking of a different couple.
Speaker 5: They showed it super briefly.
Speaker 4: I was like, yeah, let's do this, and then they get to cut it completely, like I put Jesse first and I put Adam last.
Speaker 2: Which is pretty fun before after the makeout.
Speaker 5: This is before, way before the makeout.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then Jesse actually put me fifth, which I got a little bit offended at because the whole time he was like, oh, I'll give you a go only because you're hot. Oh you're so hot, you're so hot. But then put me fi. So they show that they didn't show it. He put Janelle first, tany I think he put Sandy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't even remember, but he.
Speaker 4: Put me fear.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, look that's a great segue because recently there has been rumors that Jesse and Janelle have something going on, And what's your thoughts on that.
Speaker 4: Oh, look, if that's if that's true, and it's not a staged thing, which I have heard rumors that it was just for let's get a dialogue happening, I'm not really sure. I haven't asked them obviously, don't speak to Jesse right now, and I haven't asked you now, But super happy for them. I mean, if you know they're both in Perth, they are quite similar in some aspects, So yeah, I would be wrap for them. If they've found love from that in that scenario, then that's really that's actually really cute and that's quite sweet. I'd be wrapped for them. But yeah, I've heard some whispers that it was just like, let's get some talk happening. Not sure, but either way.
Speaker 2: What's your usual type? It's Jesse your usual.
Speaker 4: Both of them are. To be honest, I've only really ever dated like wog boys, you know, like Greek Italian. You know, yeah, I've really only kind of been with Yeah, yeah, yeah, I would say so both super different. But when I first saw Jesse, I was like, this is cool. Like if you can rock a man bun in a pink suit and tats, I'm like, that is a vibe. You're cool.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 5: What are you about? I want to know more?
Speaker 4: So I was super intrigued, and first incident, I was supertracted to him. I was like, this is gonna be cool. But then as I started to see the way he was talking about me and like the way he was behaving, I was like, maybe not. And the more like I look back now and I'm honest with myself, I kind of reflect on how he was. I realized that he did not really give like anything to the relationship. I don't feel like he showed up for me in any capacity. I can't look back and say he actually did this for me. I feel like I really carried everything. I did so much for him. I made him feel good other than obviously cheating on him, Yes, but I work's really hard to listen to him and know what he's into and what he likes, and I just don't feel like I don't feel like he knows my sister's name and it's really tattooed on my arm, do you know what I mean? Like, I just don't feel no effort, no, no like. And as a viewer, I don't think viewers see any effort put in by Jesse.
Speaker 3: That's pretty silly. You're going on this show, you should put effort into the personal.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know, I thought. I as a viewer, I have to like, I think I saw like a bit of back and forth. It just felt like his walls were so up because he was so insecure about like you potentially leaving him. That's what it felt like watching it, Like it felt like you guys were on a good path, and then obviously the cheating scandal happened.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a tricky one.
Speaker 5: It's hard.
Speaker 4: I definitely think like we weren't in the best place, but we were working towards it and and maybe like looking back now, I think that there wasn't this amazing romantic connection and I think we were always kind of destined to just be friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which you know, well, you guys are my favorite, so I think maybe in my head, like in my like ideal fantasy land that you guys are going to get back together. Like yeah, I literally went on the mass podcast like two weeks ago and she was like a ripe to Clara and Jesse, and I was like, no.
Speaker 2: Me early on saying you liked the Jesse dude and Claire. I just remember Jesse.
Speaker 3: I remember jested you because I looked at him I've turned it on and he had a pink suit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I loved the suit.
Speaker 1: I really did.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 4: I think the thing about Jesse and my character is like we're both really authentic and we're we can be silly, we can be weird, we're you know, odd. Yeah, we're not up tight, and I think that is what maybe made people really like us.
Speaker 1: Yeah individually, So you guys aren't in contact anymore? Were you in contact? Like what's the evolution of about?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think the thing is like I have always been the first person to reach out to Jesse. How you going, how are you feeling? You know? When the promos came out and they were going on about his IX and really emphasizing that, I was like, Hey, I hope you're okay. I'll always be here for you. And then our wedding night. I messaged to him after the episode and I was like, that was so great. How are you feeling? And you know Jesse would reply, but Jesse has never once asked me how are you? How are you feeling. He'll always finish it off with I hope you're well, but never I don't know. I just feel like Jesse can be a little bit in his own world. Yeah, a little bit self centered. I hate to say that, because I do think he's a nice guy. But he's literally never messaged me once and like how you going, how you feeling? How are you taking it?
Speaker 3: You think he's hurt from everything that's happened and he doesn't want to Yeah, I think have that communication with you.
Speaker 4: Maybe I don't know because when he replies, his replies are like I'm so great. People are stopping me in the street, people are taking photos with me. I've just got a new tatoo. Like his replies are showing me that he's fine with me, Like he's telling me about his life, You're telling me what he's up to.
Speaker 2: He's not interested in yours, but he's not Yeah.
Speaker 5: But he's not asking like reciprocating that back.
Speaker 4: So my replies are like, how you going, how are you feeling? And then I've got a big guessave from him about you know, when I had my viewing party, he was like, oh, I saw your view party. You should have seen mine. He's like, I had big speakers and I had people from past episodes come and I'm so famous. I'm being stopped in the street and I'm like, I feel like.
Speaker 5: You're just kind of like pulling your dick in front of.
Speaker 4: Me and being like ba bye.
Speaker 3: It almost sounds to bring to bring that up, though, to bring that up definitely assures like the whole insecure think he needs the validation from people on the street and.
Speaker 4: That yeah, I do, Like that's very yeah, I do.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 4: I think Jesse is really you know, his job is a celibran. He's an EMC, yet like Bingo Nights, he was an EMC at a strip club.
Speaker 5: So he's really.
Speaker 4: Good at being a character and showing up for a camera as a person. But when it comes to who he is and his own character, I really struggled to connect with who that real person he is inside, and I think that there's probably a bit of self growth for him in terms of letting his walls down. He's thirty one, okay, So yeah, look we're all different, you know, Like I said, if I saw him, how you going? All the best to you? But just like, don't get caught up on it. Like I feel like he's holding a bit of resentment. I feel like jes he wished that I was going to copy it a little bit more. Really, I think, yeah, I think he's like, you know, she should have been the villain.
Speaker 5: She cheated on me.
Speaker 3: But I mean, well, he said in that video that came out over the weekend that it was hush.
Speaker 5: When I saidn't watch the video because I just couldn't.
Speaker 4: But I read the little write up on the Daily Mail about it. I just didn't have I just didn't have the energy to like listen to it. But reading what I read, it said, you know, Claire was the villain on a silver platter. And I really struggle with that because I left there holding my head up high. We left holding hands, we left his friends, and out of all the couple who weren't together, we left in the best place. And you'll see that at the reunion episodes when they air. You'll see us on the couch, laughing, having a great time. You know, when we left before the girls and Boys' night, we were sending pictures of our dogs and our cats and you know, really connecting. But since it's aired and I'm being shown to be authentic and apologetic and really remorseful, I think he's struggling with that because he thought that I was going to get a little bit more criticism than I am.
Speaker 1: I love Jesse, but why would you want someone to get hate. I don't like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not sure. I don't really know, But.
Speaker 1: So he wanted to. I mean, he obviously in a way is a victim to the cheating scandal, but he wanted to be seen as like, you know, the real victim of the season. Yeah, slash star. Yeah, I mean, you guys are the star couple in my opinion, you know what I mean. Like, I feel like, as he said, you were both very authentic. What we kind of saw is what we got even meeting you now exactly the same. Like it's you know, I think you guys really are the two people who stood out not doing like a Harrison and Bronte, which we'll get too later. Just stay they are not the stars of the show, just put on a fake relationship and right stay and expect to anyway. Well, we'll get into that later. So I have a question. Were you and Jessie like kissing behind closed doors and like.
Speaker 4: You never slept together, we never had a pash, never had a pash.
Speaker 2: Were you going to build a relationship when you're not being into why?
Speaker 4: Like, I mean, I just don't think we were separate from most of the experiment. I think the longest that we shared a room was that our honeymoon, and then probably for maybe a week in Sky Sweet and then the kissing thing happened, and then we spent the rest of the experiment in separate rooms.
Speaker 2: But you're laying in a with a guy technically on your honeymoon, there was no intimacyity.
Speaker 5: Well, that page that I just read about eight thirty is in bed.
Speaker 4: That was the first night I after honeymoon, and I was like, I can't wait to stay up till two am and talk about our whole lives and get to know everything about it. And he was like, no, I'm tired. We had a big day yesterday, We've been up early for a flight.
Speaker 5: I want to go to bed.
Speaker 4: And I was like okay, and I fucking just laid away, like start at the ceiling. And then I'm like, all right, So I went for a beach walk and it was like eleven am eleven pm, and so I spent a lot of time on my own. And I just feel like we never really got emotionally intimate. So if you can't have emotional intimacy, how the hell are you gonna have physical intimacy. Yeah, got to simulate my mind before you stimulate my pussy kind of literally, yeah, And I just we we didn't have that, and I think, yeah, whether it was a lack of romance or you know.
Speaker 5: I want to chat, I want to get deep.
Speaker 4: And we'd go in our room and Jesse would pop up on his like noise canceling headphones and he'd have his laptop open, and he.
Speaker 5: Like puzzle online puzzles.
Speaker 4: He was like obsessed with online puzzles. And he'd put this time around and see like how long he could finish the.
Speaker 1: Puzzle in as opposed to talking to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and like I'd be cooking dinner and be like, and he also watched like YouTube recaps of old Maths episodes, so I'd be like, let's chat and he'd be like, oh wait, and he'd be watching like the Just Power and like Martha Verse Syral like incident, and I'd.
Speaker 1: Be like, so he's doing his homework.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like he wasn't really present in the moment. I feel like he was excited to be married at first sight. You know, he told me he'd applied for five years in a row, so he was really keen to be on something like that. But then when he was there, I feel like he didn't even want to be there.
Speaker 1: So do you feel like Jesse was attracted to you? Then?
Speaker 4: No? I don't, No, I don't. I feel like he said that he was attracted to me so that people maybe might feel so for him a little bit more.
Speaker 5: But when I think.
Speaker 4: About the lack of conversation, the lack of romance, of intimacy, putting me fifth on the attractive challenge, I struggled to see, how were you attracted to me? You don't know what my favorite food is, what my favorite color is, when cuddle.
Speaker 2: You in bed, when you shared it bed together.
Speaker 4: I think like one time we had a little spoon, like very early on, but it was just like didn't feel right. It didn't feel right. Yeah, it felt it awkward and I was like, oh, good night, good night, and then like kiss your nah. I think we pecked maybe two or three times, like once on our wedding day, and like you know a couple of times you've I kind of a kiss. I'm like, okay, we have like a little interesting Yeah, there was no real romantic spark.
Speaker 1: So on the video that just came out that Jesse talks about how he's like shocked by the edit that you've received. What do you think he means by that? Because he said that there's a lot of conversations at the honeymoon that have just been cut out and you said nasty things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I really struggle with that because I have never seen anything nasty, and like especially not on the honeymoon, like not really opens any nasty jersey. I just really yeah, I don't even know what that means for him. I remember having a conversation where he came and sat me down more separate, and he came and sat down and said, this is prior to that night where I walked off, and he said, I just want to say, I feel like your loudness and the way you are is for this for the cameras.
Speaker 5: I think you're putting it on.
Speaker 4: And I got really defensive in that moment because I was like, this is me, this is who I am. I am loud, I'm a kindergarten teacher. That's why I do the job I do. I have ADHD, I'm outgoing, I'm vivacious.
Speaker 5: This is me, And for you to say that you think.
Speaker 4: It's fake, that really pisces me off because I was super fucking authentic and I don't know how to be anything but myself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he was like, well, why are you getting defensive?
Speaker 4: Why are you saying that, Michael, because you're accusing me of being fake?
Speaker 5: And that wasn't.
Speaker 4: Blowout, and he walked off and I walked off, and then we didn't come together again until that night, that dinner, and that's when it blew up again.
Speaker 5: And when he start there mocking my voice and.
Speaker 1: I just like, what was he doing mocking your voice?
Speaker 4: Like, oh, look at the stars, look at this guy? Like Sundays, we didn't like that amazing, it was amazing. It was Hamilton race week as well, so there's beautiful like a race week.
Speaker 5: How good was it?
Speaker 4: I saw it? Yeah, we said it's called Long Islands, which is probably like forty five minutes from Hammo. Stunning. We went to Elly Beach, you know, like I'd never seen a humpback whale.
Speaker 5: Right, so there's like a mum and her calf.
Speaker 4: And they're like preaching and they're jumping up and slapping their tails and I'm like, oh my god, I'm.
Speaker 5: Having like this David Adamborough moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, insane, this is crazy, and he was like, can you just keep it to yourself.
Speaker 2: That's just fascinating.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I felt so shut down, and I felt so like I'm going to climb the tree. I'm going to build a sand castle. I'm going to look for crabs, like that's me. I'm an adventurer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's also being happy with life like that, even just hearing you say that, I'm excited. I'm going to tumbles Allen in two weeks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna love it.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, like diving into life and like making the most of it and being positive. I mean, there's nothing wrong with that, and like you shouldn't be made to feel like that's a bad thing.
Speaker 4: And that's when I know, yeah, I feel like, you know, we had any thing on the couch with the experts, and John said, I love Daddy Johnson. It's liked John, Mama MoU and Auntie Alison Alison. Yeah, they're great. But John was like, Jesse, I feel like you are resenting her for being the person that she is. And you asked for someone high energy and out and outgoing, and instead of allowing her to hold that power, you are resenting her for that. Yeah. Then he said, on the contrary, Claire, maybe you can allow your space for Jesse to kind of step into his power and meet you halfway.
Speaker 5: So I did feel like I had to.
Speaker 4: Choose my words a little bit, you know, even when we moved into sky Sweets, I wanted to be like, oh my.
Speaker 5: God, looks at you, look at the artworker.
Speaker 2: I love you for that with your partner, do that you should always for your authentic self.
Speaker 4: I want someone who's going to be like Toda, you know, not sit down and be quiet. Can you stop? You're embarrassing me ki to yourself.
Speaker 1: And that's like, it's so hard to have married at first sight, right because they pay you with someone who you don't know who they are, You don't know what their personality type is. Why do you think they matched you? Guys?
Speaker 4: Look, I think you can look at it in many different ways. You can say like, I'm a super high energy, but I'm also quite understanding and empathetic, and I think I'm a really good communicator. And I think that someone like Jesse, who maybe struggles to understand themselves, who need somebody a little bit more like I got you, maybe they thought that that would be a good match. And I think Jesse needs somebody a little bit more. Who's going to allow Jesse to be the dominant one in a relationship? And I think I am a little bit too dominant for him, right, Maybe? Yeah, but maybe sometimes they just want a bit of this and see what happens.
Speaker 3: You know, there's yeah, you know, do you think that he wanted you to like make him feel more like validated and more.
Speaker 5: Like sure, I do security, I do feel like.
Speaker 3: Do you not feel like that's not too hard to make him feel a bit validated sometimes and like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that everyone deserves to be validated, but that is not my sole responsibility.
Speaker 5: I think you have to come to a point.
Speaker 4: Where you.
Speaker 3: Valid Yeah, yeah, in a relationship. If he's feeling insecure about where it is. I feel like if my partner was like that, I would try to make him feel.
Speaker 4: Good about themselves, for sure, And I think I did that as much as I could. Where there is no emotional intimacy, there is no connection, There is no two way street showing up, showing up, showing up. There's only so much I can pour until my cup is empty. And if I sit back and look at it, I think about, well, what did I get from Jesse in our relationship? And I can't really enter that, So I feel like there's things that I have to tick off before. You know, when you're in a relationship, it's totally different. You love that person, you care about them and to feel good. We didn't have that pre existing thing. We were two strangers and at the end of the day, like you're a grown ass man, you're thirty one years old, figure yourself out, know yourself. It's not my job to save you, to rescue. We all have hurt, we all have past trauma, We've all been fucked up in different ways, and you know, yeah, like I can kind of understand now maybe why Jesse hasn't been a relationship that you know, since he was in high school. Since he was eighteen. He's been single since eighteen years old, and there is a big chunk of yourself that you're yet to understand because relationships hold that mirror up for you. So yeah, I think that we all got work to do in ourselves at the in the day, some more than others.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, well, I mean even we saw Jesse in his boxy say to the camera, I wish one of my exes gave me an apology like Claire gave me, Like, obviously, it's amazing that after the cheating scandal occurred that you were so sincere and you gave him something that he had never received before. But did that make you feel like maybe he wasn't necessarily over that x and.
Speaker 4: I had asked him that a couple of times before going back to our honeymoon. I'd said, tell me about your past relationships, and he's like, I don't want to talk about it really, So that's something I didn't even know until.
Speaker 2: Ten years ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, I can't even.
Speaker 5: Remember what I had for breakfast yesterday.
Speaker 4: I'm sure you know. Absolutely it did affect him, and we've been kept a secret for two years.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine.
Speaker 4: So he started dating his girl when he was sixteen, and there were a secret until he was eighteen, so it was very young. But she didn't from like her friends and family.
Speaker 1: She probably wasn't allowed to have a boyfriend.
Speaker 5: She probably wasn't like you're a.
Speaker 1: Get allowed to have a boyfriend.
Speaker 2: I feel like he is.
Speaker 4: Holding onto a lot of past her from being sixteen to eighteen, and he's really carrying that through to his adult life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, yeah, I think my teen year old girlfriend broke up. We just got married, and I'm happy.
Speaker 1: As hell for I know people who still struggle with things that happened to them in like very young relationships because it like traumatizes them and then they're like, walls up, can't I don't want to do that again? Sure, I mean the first time you get hurt, fucking hurt's right, your heels break.
Speaker 2: I don't think I can.
Speaker 1: Still feel the pain to laugh about it totally.
Speaker 4: I can laugh about it now.
Speaker 1: But I can laugh about it now because I've gone on to experience different relationship. If that was my last relationship, I would probably still be help.
Speaker 4: I don't think.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, we'll think about it.
Speaker 1: You're first the first person to truly hurt. You imagine if that was the last person you've dated, Fuck mad, give me a shell.
Speaker 2: It would be hard, I would.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, It's hard, It's definitely hard. Also, so Jesse obviously did an interview that was pretty like damning towards you, and he claims that the cheating scandal was actually about to come out, and so therefore you got on the front foot and you wouldn't have told the truth if you didn't know it was going to come out. What's your response to that?
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, I I had told Sandy, and so she hadn't told anyone, So I think that, yeah, there was no way it was going to come out. Adam definitely wouldn't be telling anyone. Sandy is my bff for life. She definitely wasn't gonna tell anyone. And so you know when people say you only stayed to repay your image, well I wouldn't have had an image to repair if I didn't choose to come out and say it. So I completely disagree with that. You know, there was no no one was going to say.
Speaker 5: No one knew anything, so so.
Speaker 1: Producers hadn't caught wind of the cheating scam.
Speaker 5: I I.
Speaker 4: It was a Friday night and I called my producer and I was like, I need to speak to you. I need to tell you. And she was like you need to just keep this like because she shuts down for the weekend. And so all weekend I was like stewing on this, like all right, we'll speak on Monday. We'll have a discussion about it on Monday. And then Monday morning we went for a coffee and a walk around the block and I kind of spilled everything to her and I would say like, yea, I had the best producer, Bloody loved her. She was a legend. And she's like, what do you want to do. I'm like, well, I need I need to tell them, like it's not it's not sitting right. And then yeah, we had Taylor and Hugo's wedding that day and I didn't know about it and basically did like, well, you got twenty minutes, you need to go get ready. After I told Sandy, they wanted me to tell Sandy on camera camera, yeah, because she already Yeah, yeah, she knew, and she didn't know back then, and she didn't I think she'd you On the Friday when I when I went and told her Friday night, I told my producer, I'm like, I need to come clean with this. And then so rehashing that discussion with her like me crying, that's real, Like yeah, rehashing that discussion is still feeling all these feelings. So it's not like, oh, I'm going to cry now, no, like, no, you genuinely feel shit. Yeah. So I finished telling Sandy and they were like, okay, well here's an invite to Taylor and Hugo's wedding. You've got twenty minutes go and get ready. And my eyes were like swollen as shit.
Speaker 5: I've been crying.
Speaker 1: It's so premeditated of them.
Speaker 4: Oh, it was really hard.
Speaker 1: They really are incredible. Wasn't there two weeks where you didn't tell Jesse?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so from when the kiss happened to Taylor Hugo's wedding, it was probably like, yeah, like.
Speaker 5: Eight or nine days. It was just under a week.
Speaker 1: So during those two weeks there was a lot of gas lighting from you and Adam towards Jesse. Looking back on that, how was that to watch because obviously it's like you're keeping a seat and like, yeah, yeah, I think that.
Speaker 4: I obviously feel really bad for not coming clean sooner, but in saying that, when we got home that night and I was out on the phone to my friends, like Adam and Janelle have come forward and said we're on the phone to Cameron Lyndle, like, yeah, I was not on the phone to Adam. And to see Jesse act in such a really aggressive way for me possibly being on the phone, I didn't feel like safe or comfortable or able to be like, oh, hey, like I'm not on the phone to him. But I did kiss him. I just didn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't trust his reaction.
Speaker 4: I was scared. I thought, just shut your mouth, Claire, just suppress all this. And so the way I did react, I do feel bad about. But I also think that was my pent up frustration with him already.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's not an.
Speaker 4: Excuse, like I did apologize to Jesse for that, and I probably should have come forward sooner. But yeah, if someone's going to ask so like so angry about a phone call, how much more mad would they be about a kiss? And I was kind of like, well, you don't even like me anyway, Like I didn't even feel like you're into me, like all of a sudden, like I show a bit of affection to someone else and it kind of changed, but you know, yeah, but then I think about it, I'm like, well, you don't get jealous unless you do like someone. And it's just like this, it's conflicting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it really is.
Speaker 4: And it's so hard to navigate a relationship in private, let alone in public with cameras in your face, with twenty other people who are judging you. And you can try and show up as best as you can, but it's not always going to be, you know, to full integrity.
Speaker 1: You know, well that's life, right. We all make mistakes. And I think we had a chat earlier in the week and I was like saying to you, I think that's why people can really relate to you, because it's there's light and there's shade and it's raw and it's not like trying to put your best foot forward twenty four to seven and like you're like, I'm on camera. It was like there was mistakes made and you did own it. And I think that's why people have got around you, because they can relate like it's it's.
Speaker 3: Live that I was like, how do you get away with cheating on a show? Like and I was like, how how do you come out looking good on that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: She said that that you were authentic to yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, it's important.
Speaker 4: You know when you are like, yeah, fucked up, what are the people can say? Yeah, you fucked up? Like I know, I just said that.
Speaker 2: Would you repect on differently now if you could go?
Speaker 5: No, I think no regrets, right, not even one, not.
Speaker 4: Even a kiss. No, I think you just got to Yeah, like everything is a learning go of It builds character. You know, even if you are perfect and you make no mistakes, people always going to judge. So totally, Yeah, no regrets in life.
Speaker 5: You just go to learn from it and do better.
Speaker 2: So see the lesson and everything absolutely said that morning.
Speaker 1: Do you worry that now that you're in the real world. I guess you could call it that. Maybe you know future people who you date will be like, oh, she's a cheater because that was like the.
Speaker 4: Cheater. No, I actually don't.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 4: I feel like people can change, and people like when someone's your person, you will do everything to protect them and keep their part safe and care for them and nurture them and validate them. And I think that you can be in the wrong relationship at the wrong time, with the wrong person, or you know, so many different factors. So yeah, you know, my dad, My dad cheated on my mum, and now you know, fifteen years later, he's in an amazing relationship with a woman that he loves so much, and I could never see him.
Speaker 5: Doing anything like that ever again.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I definitely do cheating is a way of trying to get out of a relationship.
Speaker 2: I feel happy it's.
Speaker 1: You trying to probably can when you talk about your dad for a second, because I like fell in love with your dad. He was so so sweet, so sweet, he was giving so much wisdom to you guys, and I just really felt his like positive, amazing energy and then I could totally see where you get it from.
Speaker 4: I'm super lucky, like I've got a great relationship with my dad and my stepmom and then my mum and my stepdad, so I've got like double the love, double the parents, and it's really nice. Like everyone has a different like role they play in my life and give different advice and dynamics. So but Dad's very much like the fun, funny, charismatic yeah you know kind of dad, and super lucky that he came and gave that advice, and you know what, we had never spoken about mum and Dad's divorce and the whole cheating affair with them, And there was a lot more said that obviously wasn't shown, but that was.
Speaker 5: The first time Dad and I had had a conversation about it.
Speaker 4: Wow. It brought us so much closer together, just as a father daughter, you know, dynamic, and him to be able to say, like, I messed up and I never took accountability, and I ran away like hearing my dad say that, a little bit of my inner child kind of forgave him without really when I was ten when that happened, and my sister was two, and so I feel like we never really had a good relationship with our dad. You know, he was off being single and you know whatever, and we didn't really see him until I was well into my twenties.
Speaker 5: So we had a really weird.
Speaker 2: Him for that.
Speaker 4: And absolutely, yeah, absolutely they've never seen or spoken to each other ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So it's a.
Speaker 4: Bit of a tough one.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Did your dad approve of Jesse?
Speaker 4: Yeah he did. He actually did you know. At the wedding he did say, like, something's a bit off with this dude. He was a bit like, you know, he had some questions and you know they didn't show like obviously everything. But at the end of the day, he's like, I support you, like be you, be who you are, be strong. You got this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's less. Okay, we have to talk about Harrison and bron Tie.
Speaker 2: There's one thing I know about the show and that guy.
Speaker 1: Here's the worst.
Speaker 4: It's actually scary.
Speaker 5: He's actually really scary.
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: Is it real to like real life? Is it worse in real life?
Speaker 4: When people talk about the edit, there is no edit. What you're seeing is what you are getting. People can't make you say something, they can't make you behave in a certain way. That is him and I knew it was bad, but now seeing the internal dialogue that's happening behind th Bronti and his boxy, You're like, whoa dude, what the fuck is wrong?
Speaker 2: Is Bronti that bad? Is she bad in real life? Like? Is she to blame as much? Or is it fully?
Speaker 4: Look, I struggle. I struggle with the relationship that I have with Brontie. If I'm honest, what is the relationship? Firstly, Okay, let's rewind. Yeah, let's rewind you know, during Maths, I connected with Brontie a lot.
Speaker 5: I was like, I really like this girl.
Speaker 4: She is, you know, strong, she's sassy, she's funny. We get along and then we went through everything and she supported me through the whole cheating thing. She's like, you know, you're not your mistakes. You know, it was me, Brontie, Lindell, Sandy and Alyssa probably like the closest, you know, towards the end of that experiment, and then it kind of became me, Bronti, Lindall and Sandy. Yeah, you know, they came and stayed with me for a couple of nights, you know, a month or two back when they came to Melbourne, and you know, we were talking about everything, and I struggle because I know Bronti is not a stupid girl. I know that she's smart. Watching that, you are either faker shit or you were either dumber shit, which one? And that is the battle that I'm having because I love her and I want to be friends with her, But watching that, I'm just like, how can I say true to my values and my morals? How can I be friends with someone I may not necessarily fully trust. I feel bad even saying this, you know, I do, and I haven't really had a conversation about it with her kind of pulled away from the girl's group a little bit.
Speaker 1: That's totally fair enough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm struggling a little bit, and it makes me sad thinking about it, because you know, we did get along, and yeah, I don't ever want to like she on another woman. I Yeah, I just don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does feel like she's kind of got rose colored glasses on and he's being highly manipulated, or she's made a deal behind closing, like.
Speaker 4: The text message come through in the voice memos, and there are things that we didn't I didn't know about during it, But there was a time where I was like Brontie, like, why are you being so fake? Like you know, she was literally saying to us girls, I hate this guy.
Speaker 5: He's a winker. I can't stand him.
Speaker 4: And then you'd go on your right, stay and we'd be like, what the fuck are weching?
Speaker 1: So even hearing you say that's very contradictory because she seems so passive.
Speaker 3: If she's got a deal or whatever, you reckon to stay their parish and her want to both stay, wouldn't they be putting on more of a.
Speaker 5: Exactly do better.
Speaker 1: I think they're just ship at acting.
Speaker 3: Though, wouldn't you be like more like I love this, Like like why I would be going and telling you that stuff.
Speaker 2: So that makes me believe that it's they're probably not faking. They might just be I think.
Speaker 1: That he So do you think Harrison and Bronti are fake or they're stupid?
Speaker 4: I think that Harrison. I think there's nothing about Harrison that's fake. I think that is his authentic self. Right. People throw around the narcissist word a lot, and they say it a lot and gas lighting a lot. And I was like, oh, yeah, okay, Bronte would say it a lot in the couch. I'm like, I'm okay. But now I'm like, holy shit. And this dude's mum is a behavioral therapist. How is that possible?
Speaker 2: Well, he probably needs.
Speaker 1: Analysis on her son.
Speaker 2: She probably taught him how to.
Speaker 4: So look, I really struggle, and you know, I do have a lot of love for Bronti and I was good friends with her during the show. I have pulled back a little bit. Yeah, and she'll probably listen to this and be like, what the fuck, bitch? But I just don't know how to feel right now, and hearing some of the ways she spoke about other couples, and it's either Harris and mind fuck the shit out of you and you don't have the inner strength and the knowledge to see that. Yeah, or you're just like, fuck it, I'm gonna stay for as long as I can, you know, have some longevity in this.
Speaker 2: Anyway, maybe she thought it was going to get better, But I.
Speaker 1: Mean, if Brontie is listening to this, I'm sure she isn't analyzing herself whilst watching the show as well, being like what the fuck? This doesn't look good like it does it? And I think even objectively, she must be able to watch it and watch what's happening and be like fuck.
Speaker 4: It'd be hard for her to watch back. I think I don't even think she's actually watching anymore. I think she's said I'm not watching. I don't think she's doing any like media radios anything. I think she's just like, she's going, yeah, they're not.
Speaker 2: Together once they're not still together.
Speaker 5: Oh, no, spoilers, you'll have to keep watching.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say no, just because I like outside, highly doubt it, Yeah, highly.
Speaker 2: Doubt Harrison got seen with someone.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's right, harrissons with his ex right, the twenty two year old Yeah, which also gives like weird grooming rap vibes, like you're a grown us man, is he?
Speaker 5: He's like voluntary his thirties, isn't he?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 5: Why are you hanging out with twenty two year olds?
Speaker 4: Like you need a woman who who is maybe not as switched on, who you can manipulate about, you know, because like me, Milinda and Avelan, where fucking you know what you want?
Speaker 1: I love it. I love seeing you and Evelyn and Melinda as well, just like put him in his place. But he's so good with his words, which I'm like, you come across quite stupid, so I'm like surprised that you're that good with your words. But he really is great at twisting and manipulating and everything that he says is very controlled. The thing about Harrison that scares me the most is the smirk.
Speaker 4: But do you know, you say, Mark, I've never seen Harrison actually genuinely smile, like I've never seen him smile and laugh like I laugh every day all the time. Imagine being that miserable and that's serious all the time, and.
Speaker 5: Like, how depressing for you, you know.
Speaker 1: Like I saw his teeth for like one episode, just once, and I was like, what her smiles what?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's just a weird dude. And yeah, PSA to any young woman out there, do not date Harrison.
Speaker 1: Don't date girl, poor girl.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What's your thoughts on Linda and Cam?
Speaker 4: Oh? I love Lindall so much. Lindall is an absolute legend. I big love for her. You know, I'm just like, show up Cam, you know, do better. Yeah, you know, she deserves all the love and affection and attention in the world. She's such an amazing person, even the way she speaks and the way she you know.
Speaker 5: Explains things.
Speaker 4: I Saindce. We were one day. I said, Babe, when you talk, it's like you're like Beethoven classical music, and I'm like gangster rap. I'm like together, We're just so, you know, it was pretty funny, like just a legend. It was really nice seeing them their love kind of blossom in a way, and seeing Cam, you know, for the first time, be with someone who's never had a girlfriend, so be a lot for him too. And he's such a lack Alerican and he's such a like a fifty ways to skin a cat, you know, kind of the way he speaks pasted it alls like he's so funny. His energy is really you know, hilarious. But yeah, Linda Lindall deserves the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she has a sweetheart. She there was a podcast that came out saying that she was a mean girl.
Speaker 4: Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't think so.
Speaker 2: Unreliable source, Yeah, unreliable, most unreliable source.
Speaker 4: It was a legend.
Speaker 5: She has the biggest heart.
Speaker 4: She's so caring, she's so thoughtful, she's such a girl's girl.
Speaker 3: And yeah, is there any couples that you think are gonna last on the outside.
Speaker 4: Tiny and Oie, Yeah, they're so amazing and just seeing the way that they grew together and I would have moments watching on the couch and.
Speaker 2: Still together.
Speaker 1: We saw there was a pick of them. They came out at the airport.
Speaker 2: They could just be catching up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I love her and it's really nice. Like see it does work and it does.
Speaker 1: You know what, they should have got more airtime. I think that's wrong of the mass producers to not give them. I mean, recently they've started to get airtime, but I mean I didn't even know their names until two weeks ago. And that's like not me like throwing any sort of shade. It's literally just that we didn't see them on the screens. Like obviously, Jesse were a big part of Sorry about that story. Who's the girl who's with Duncan? Remind me of her name, Alyssa. Let's talk about a Lissa for a second, and what's your thoughts on a Lissa?
Speaker 5: Look Alissa?
Speaker 4: Alissa has some like pretty deep rooted insecurities. I think.
Speaker 3: Is she the one that had that argument with Duncan And I was like, I can't watch this retreat.
Speaker 1: Even on the couch last night. It was too much.
Speaker 2: I genuinely turned that off. My anxiety peaked.
Speaker 4: Really yeah, I just feel like, you know, Alissa's love language is probably like words of affirmation and validation and quality time and she kind of needs. Alyssa really reminds me of old Clay in past relationships where I wasn't getting what I needed, but I also didn't love myself. So I feel like maybe she lacks a little bit of self love and she is requiring that from her partner. But if she just gave a little bit more of that to herself. She comes from a good play. She means well. I think she just really needs someone who really is like I've got you, I love you, And she can be quite needy and there's look, there's nothing wrong with that, but I just think it's.
Speaker 1: Just hard to watch as a viewer because he is like seeming like such a nice guy, and then it's like how much more can she get and how much more can he give? And then it's like, I mean, like you said, young Claire, I can see definitely things that I've done in past relationships when I was a lot younger and I had some of those behavioral traits or I would like look at them and be like, you know, you're in trouble, and like I hate to see it on screen because it's so evil and me and it comes across she's not mean.
Speaker 4: I think that, you know, our frontal Loba Amigdola sends across these like fight or flight when you're in a relationship and an issue arises, and I think you can either like I think maybe she just treats people like they're going to leave before they do and kind of pushes them out the door because she's expecting that's what's going to happen, because that's what's always happened for her relationships, and it doesn't come from a bad place. That's her walls, you know, just like Jesse has his defense in his walls.
Speaker 5: That's her way of protecting her heart.
Speaker 4: And so, you know, knowing her and knowing how she was on the experiment, there's no malice with the way that she does it. It's just like I'm scared. I'm scared, I'm not enough. I'm scared that he's going to leave me, just like everyone else. And so no, I don't want to hug. No, I don't want a tissue because I don't want to tell you that I want to hug. But I want to tell you that I want to. I don't know, I get it.
Speaker 1: I do get it though, because you're like, I don't need anything from you, like I can do it all myself at almost, but also I really want you to, but like I'm not going to push you off if you do, or exactly.
Speaker 3: Do you think there's anyone there for the wrong reasons? Just to get a bit of air.
Speaker 4: We can go back to the Harrison situation, you know, like when they wrote Stay Last night watching it, I was like.
Speaker 5: What you know, like how and why?
Speaker 4: But I think no, there is a definitely a part of you going onto something like this knowing what comes next. You do know it's the biggest show in Australia. Really, it's getting you know, one point eight one point one million views. It's crazy crazy and you don't really realize going onto it, but you know, like you you would be silly not to kind of think of that, and you would you know, it's in everyone's best interest to kind of monopolize on the opportunities that come after this and set yourself up in whatever capacity that is.
Speaker 5: Obviously some people might do better than Harrison.
Speaker 4: He's hoping.
Speaker 3: Okay, after watching the show back, does any of the narrative change? Like can you tell us the parts that are been edited to look different?
Speaker 4: And you no, I think, like I said, what you're seeing is what you get. Like, I really don't believe in the edit. I feel like the way you show up is the way you're being portrayed. That is, I don't believe in the edit.
Speaker 2: I just think that that's you're under contract.
Speaker 6: Still No, but seriously, like you can't say and do things, But I mean I've were friends with a producer who actually used to work on that, and he said to us that he couldn't work on the show because he couldn't sleep at night.
Speaker 3: Because really, edit edit, and you can clearly tell there was one where you could hear them.
Speaker 1: You can see them pull the voices in and like, I totally get what you're saying to a certain degree, Like, yes, they can't.
Speaker 4: Maybe they yeah, use a little bit more. Maybe some of the questions in your voxy can be quite emotionally charged, and they are questions, and you know, you do spend forty five minutes in boxy, for example, talking about something, and they might be like, Okay, let's use this is Jesse annoying? Is Jesse annoying? No, Jesse's not annoying. Jesse's so what did you find annoying about Jesse? No? Just and then forty five minutes later you're being asked the same question. You're like, oh, fuck all, r Jess annoying? And so that would just maybe play that that little part. But in terms of the edit, you, yeah, they might be like, okay, well, we want, you know, Alyssa to look really insecure and really mean and really harsh when really she's just but emotional and needs more love. You know, Melissa loving sex. There's so much more facets to Melissa's personality.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we haven't even spoken.
Speaker 4: About Let's I just feel like.
Speaker 1: She didn't come into like the Hen's Night or whatever it was talking a lot about sex.
Speaker 5: I was like, wowie, she's funny. Like I don't agree with everything that she said, but when you.
Speaker 4: Take someone who didn't get a root in a relationship for a really long time and comes out of it going I'm never going to be in a sexless relationship again.
Speaker 5: I want to get every day.
Speaker 4: And then you take like maybe a little bit more of a conservative guy again, Like what do we want from this relationship?
Speaker 5: How are we going to create like these two characters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just so hard though, because he was like he was gone to poundtown in private. He was giving her everything that she needed. I just like the dialogue. It was just like constant. It was intense. It was socially not acceptable even on like a like like relationship show like that. It was just like so Falon and I just like, is she that Falon in real life?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It was a bit you know, she loves, she loves the Venos, she loves She's a really just out there.
Speaker 2: Kind of person.
Speaker 1: So does it am pup when she's on the Venos?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like.
Speaker 5: She gets a bit toy. It's great.
Speaker 4: But yeah, look, I didn't obviously agree with the way she spoke about needing you know, a man and you're just like, well, what is that? What does that look like? Totally, But I also think that she struggles to articulate her needs and it comes across in a way that is really disrespectful. I'm really sexist, And I didn't like that.
Speaker 1: It was sexist because I mean, imagine if a guy was her, Like, imagine if like a guy was in the experiment and they didn't ask anything about the girl. I mean, you felt like Jesse didn't ask anything about you.
Speaker 5: It was just like jump on my dick there, like, well, dude, or you're.
Speaker 4: Ain't it in?
Speaker 5: Yeah, like you ain't woman enough?
Speaker 4: Like what the fuck is that? You can't be saying that she can't It's got to work.
Speaker 1: I think it's an age thing, like a boomer thing.
Speaker 2: She was the older one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you.
Speaker 4: Know, I think my grandparents are super racist, super sexist, super homophobic, and they are just so worlds away from the world we live in. They grew up in you know, the thirties in fucking a village in Greece. I had no running water and electricity, and they've taken that mindset and brought it into Australia where they never assimilated into the culture, you know, and they continued that way of life, like my tattoos. Like thirty degree day, I go and I'm in a jumper at my grandparents' house because I'd be out.
Speaker 1: Of the fucking wheel, right, So they don't know you have tattoos.
Speaker 4: They do now thanks to my sister's engagements.
Speaker 2: Did they watched They were happy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they watched a little bit, so they obviously discovered I was on television. But they don't understand English, so they just they can just see, they can't hear. And like they call me one night and they're like, why are you crying on television? And I'm like, oh, yeah, yeah, popul, don't worry. I'm just I'm an actress. Yeah, speak Greek and I'm like, I'm just doing an actres show.
Speaker 5: I'm an actress.
Speaker 4: And they're like, wow, that's amazing. Are you still working out your kindergarten and I'm like, okay, yeah, I'm doing that too. So they're super confused at what I'm doing right now and my job. The taboos. They were not happy, Like they were like, what the hell is that? We don't know how much of this house we're going to leave you anymore? We'll be we'll be amending. You're out of the wheel. You're out of the wheel. I'm not happy. I mean, like the older, the like they can't kind of change their mindset in a way, you know, not saying that Melissa's as old as my grandparents, but maybe she's super stuck in her ways and she needs to kind of open up.
Speaker 1: She needs to be educated a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she needs to hang out with some of us woke people, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a little bit of just awake up. There's a bit of a way and awakening, right ship.
Speaker 3: I don't think we're wok. I don't think it's just different like cultures and different like how we raised.
Speaker 4: I definitely think we are far more educated than our parents.
Speaker 3: And absolutely, you know what's put in our face all the time on social media and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 4: I couldn't even see my parents being able to have like some of the conversations that that we have about the way our mind works, about what our values are, about what we accept, about how we speak and treat people like I.
Speaker 3: Mean, I go to my old man for advice and it's like just undo this, and I'm just like, that's not how it works, un depressed yourself.
Speaker 2: Only if I could change the chemicals in my brain, you.
Speaker 4: Know, you can think about it, like, you know, maybe some of our parents weren't tucked in and hugged and kissed and told that they loved and told that they're special and.
Speaker 5: Given what they need as kids.
Speaker 4: And I don't know, it's like the intergeneration, which former is the thing, and you grow and you develop, And I definitely think we are far far more adaptable than our parents' generation, for sure.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Okay, back to maths. Then let's switch back. What was the most shocking moment at the dinner parties for you? Over all of them, nothing.
Speaker 4: Shocks me anymore. You kind of learned to accept anything. I think Taylor rocking up. When Taylor left, she messed me saying I've gone back to.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's talk about that.
Speaker 4: She watched this. Okay, So you know. So Taylor was like, I'm out, I've left, and I was like, poor Hugo. I wonder if he knows and I told you you clearly didn't know. And then her just walking in and I was like, she called a late flight.
Speaker 2: Laugh that she went to.
Speaker 4: She laughed. She definitely laughed, and the producers talked, yeah, told her to come back and.
Speaker 2: Stunt that scene so just dramatic, No, it was real.
Speaker 3: They do.
Speaker 4: You're like a drum. You know. She did leave, she pissed off and she came.
Speaker 1: Back really bad for Hugo. I felt like he was like a beaten puppy.
Speaker 5: Call him a puppy.
Speaker 1: I mean that's have I missed an episode said, because it's like reminded puppy.
Speaker 4: I don't know if he didn't want to be did He also referred to himself as like a labrador in his backstory, So don't take it. I don't think puppy is like kind of it.
Speaker 5: It's cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like it's it's a glory, but.
Speaker 5: When you're exactly but when you're trying.
Speaker 4: To sas endearing and like, I just felt bad. I do love Hugo, like standing and I've caught up with him a couple of times. Yeah, when we've hung out, gone for dinner, he goes legend.
Speaker 5: Yes, he's a great guy.
Speaker 4: Out of all the guys, is the only one I still speak to any of the other guys at all. Wow, Like I have an issue like love Ruper love Ollie Layton, but I just don't really don't really speak. It's enough of him.
Speaker 1: Put up with him for three months, fair enough, and it's been a long time has been. The thing is is, like, you know, we've been on reality TV. People think you're going to be bfs for I. It's like, no, we have our own friends already. We're going to pick up a couple of friends.
Speaker 2: We're going to get matching tatoos.
Speaker 1: Thank god I didn't only because like I didn't like everyone in our cart. I liked everyone, but it's obviously like a couple of people we didn't get along with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well yeah, you think you're gonna be best friends when you come off and it's not like happened.
Speaker 2: You've got lives.
Speaker 4: Sandy though, Like god, I love her. She you know, we live like twenty five minutes from each other.
Speaker 2: She wh I met with you?
Speaker 4: Yeah fashion Oh no, No, that was tiny. That was tiny, tiny, likely and tiny. But Sandy's Melbourne girl.
Speaker 5: We hang out all the time. She has become my best diam.
Speaker 1: How is she going after the show? Because obviously there was a lot of pressure from Sandy's parents going into the show. How is that all going?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Sandy really struggled.
Speaker 4: I think that she had a lot more writing on it than than most and she had this idea that it was all gonna probably end up a lot better than it did. And it breaks my heart further it didn't. And you know, I was with her those nights where she's you know, sitting on my couch and she's crying and she's sad and she's heartbroken, and you know, it killed me to see what she went through and the way Dan treated her. Yeah, it's pretty shit. And you know, again talking about her parents and the way that they were brought up and the way you know, her parents were like, this is wrong. We can't believe that you're doing this, which is exactly how my grandparents would be right, and so couldn't understand and couldn't empathize and couldn't help her with that. But she's such a strong woman and she knows like her person is out there and it ain't Dan, that's for sure. It ain't Dan.
Speaker 1: I mean he's another Harrison essentially. It's interesting start, well, at the start of not as bad, but at the start of the season we see Dan and Harrison go out and supposedly get girls' numbers. What's your thoughts on that, because I think Dan probably got a number. It seems Dan.
Speaker 4: Really fooled me. Like when that happened at that dinner party, I was like, Nah, not Dan. Dan wouldn't do that. It was all Harrison. He really did pull the wool over my eyes. I was all for Dan and Sandy.
Speaker 5: I'm like, he's a.
Speaker 1: Great guy, me too.
Speaker 4: Especially, Yeah, he like talks in Ted Talks. He knows what he's saying. He's always like switched on. He's super like emotionally manipulated us, and everyone as a group fell for his charm. Yeah, and you know, looking back, I have no doubt that he did get a girl's number and.
Speaker 5: Absolutely easily just glossed over.
Speaker 4: And I kind of think that's one thing that I got so frustrated with at one of the dinner parties when I was like, all you guys were so quick to point the finger at me, like all the guys.
Speaker 5: There's a lot you guys didn't see as well.
Speaker 4: You know, Duncan had something to say, Ollie had something to say. All of the men you you cheated, you like, and I copped it and I apologize and I took it. But if you are going to hold yourself to these standards, you need to hold it to every body by your own accord. Harrison's done wrong, Dan done the wrong, Hugo's done wrong, and not one of them said boo to the other man. And that's what really frustrated me.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing is as well, like I know that you thought I was being like over dramatic with saying that Dan is like a Harrison. But the thing is is Harrison is very much a manipulator and he's not really trying to hide it, right, Like he's pretty much like I'm nascissist here I am, whereas like Dan, he's like an undercover one. And that's more scary is.
Speaker 4: He will try and like mind fuck you into thinking that he's not and you're like, am.
Speaker 5: I crazy here?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Gas lighting?
Speaker 1: Gaslighting can hate that word, you know, like we don't gaslight any but like that's the thing though, Like Sandy's allergic to the ocean, I'm allergic to chlorine pools. I can relate to her on some level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're allergic to chlorine.
Speaker 4: When he was walking out of that commitment ceremony, I was like, why do you go fuck a mermaid?
Speaker 1: Dan?
Speaker 4: I'm screwing that shoe.
Speaker 1: That's so good. I love it.
Speaker 2: Why does he want to a mermaid?
Speaker 5: The ocean was calling him. I need to go to my ocean, all right, you hermoicrat.
Speaker 2: I don't think you can mermaid.
Speaker 4: I was thinking, like, yeah, yeah, hah, okay, let's talk about your dating life next.
Speaker 1: Okay, so are you dating anyone at the moment?
Speaker 4: They're not dating at the moment, single, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think there's I think there's someone.
Speaker 5: I'm not ready to talk about this topic, just.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I think that coming off something like this, it is quite intense, and I think that there's you kind of need to focus on yourself. There's something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very sad enough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't want to I don't want to be a Judas and like Judas him, but like, there is someone I care about. Okay, it's just we're just.
Speaker 1: Going to park that for is it someone in the public eye? So it's summer someone.
Speaker 4: I want to protect and keep safe and okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: So would you say you're in a relationship.
Speaker 2: Then are you exclusive?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're in a relationship.
Speaker 4: We're so happy for you.
Speaker 2: How do you guys meet?
Speaker 4: We used to work together.
Speaker 2: Cute Yeah, kindergarten.
Speaker 4: Kindergarten teacher.
Speaker 2: Now are you doing kindergarten teaching?
Speaker 4: Then I'm doing nunning right now. So I work one on one with a couple of families before and after school care. Yeah, I love kids, I love you.
Speaker 2: Go back to the kindergarten teacher.
Speaker 4: I don't think I want to work in a center anymore. I just think that childcare worth because are so underpaid, you know, for twenty five dollars an hour, it's kind of not worth the high intensity stress. I would rather earn double that and work one on one with the family and work half the hours. Absolutely, someone's got to change there, to be honest, Like my sisters who work at Bunnings, and she would make like nearly double what I made. And there's just some massive, you know, discrepancy between the work that's put in and then.
Speaker 2: There's some good gigs.
Speaker 3: If you get a good nanny gig with a good setup that like I know, it's taken away with the family and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah. One of my girlfriends like, she goes to Queensland and she gets put up in beautiful.
Speaker 2: Get into the right family. So anyone that needs.
Speaker 1: So how long have you been with your partner?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't talking about Did he struggle watching maths?
Speaker 4: No, he didn't. He's super supportive. I was quite lucky. That's very he's been. Yeah, he's been a legend.
Speaker 2: He Yeah, that's what you want.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy for you. I feel like he deserves a great guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you, and he is. He's a legend.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: So tell us a little bit about your life after coming off the show.
Speaker 3: Then.
Speaker 2: Is it weird people recognizing you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all of a sudden, Like I just feel like I'm some like Greek girl from the area, and all of a sudden people are like stopping me at Cole's and you know, got toilet paper in one arm and like strawberries and like and have a selfie and I'm like, okay, but it's super endoing. It's super nice. You know, I've had so much love. I haven't received a single, you know, no hate. It's been really lovely. So yeah, I'm more than happy to stop and chat to people. I was on the tram the other day in the tram driver like stopped the tram, got out of their little cage and she was like, can I have a photo? And I was like, you know, I went to the footy on Thursday night, like I'm a big footy girl.
Speaker 5: I love baggers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I was at the footy and so many people stop me.
Speaker 5: It was insane.
Speaker 4: Richmond people's yeah, I think about eighty five thousand of the like kind of sealthie. Oh my god, I kind of imagine I quite enjoy it. And it's yeah, you know what you're signing up for exactly, And yeah, I've been I think I've been pretty lovely to everyone, So yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Are, You're very lovely. Would you ever do another reality TV show?
Speaker 5: If asked, Yeah, I'd love to so. I love cooking.
Speaker 4: I'm a very great cook and even more so, I love eating. So I would love to do, like imagine doing like a cooking show with kids. I would love to incorporate my two passions of children and food yeah, I would love to do something like that.
Speaker 2: So we've got a platform it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, i'd love.
Speaker 1: Maybe like a YouTube kind of.
Speaker 4: Yeah, imagine sting kids and nanny and you know, sitting up the cooking show. I run this program at my kindo called Playground to Play where we do everything from like seed propagation, sustainability, worm farms, we plant garden, we cook, so we'll grow out tomatoes and our basil and then we'll make a salad or whatever it may be. So that's really fun and I'd love to do I mentionine incorporating like something like that into the curriculum. Moll, It's so.
Speaker 1: I love that. Thank you so much for coming so far. It seems so fun getting to know you more. You're awesome, lovely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you for coming on. I appreciate the chats about have you worked so much? I'm going to go back and watch it all because I already have.
Speaker 4: But he doesn't, He doesn't know what is sorious?
Speaker 1: Do you even know.
Speaker 5: Where I'm from? Do you know who I am?
Speaker 1: Thank you, Bye bye