Speaker 1: We got get day, Adelaides, what about our boys, Aim gorgeous, zaying Malick gorgey. He's got himself into a little bit of trouble because he's tried to jump onto a dating app. Yeah, and twice now he's been accused of catfishing. What because both times people are like, hey, bro, that's a bit lame using zaying Mallick's photo wow to try and catfish people.
Speaker 2: But also why is he jumping on dating apps like Malick can't get a date?
Speaker 1: It's a great question there for the rest of us. I got me thinking about cat fishing all day though, and then all of a sudden, I'm watching ten News First Adelaide at five o'clock and a couple of familiar faces jump on board. What's going on you ladies?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Well, my good friend Abby Smith from the newsroom, as she is better known Abby from the Newsroom did a little story with ten News First about her checker dating history. Tell everyone who you dated.
Speaker 4: I will properly date. But I matched with a murderer.
Speaker 2: Oh my very goodness, unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Did we play a little excerpt of the story last night on First Here we go and I matched.
Speaker 4: With this particular man, and you know, we had a really good rapport, We had really good banter. He told me that he had spent time in prison over in New South Wales and it was for murder. So mum's very desperate to get me married off, so she said, maybe, you know.
Speaker 2: We can give him a second chance. And while Miss Smith never imagined she would be in this position, she says it does serve as a warning for other women.
Speaker 4: Because you're meeting on dating apps, you have no idea what the history is of these men.
Speaker 1: On Miss Smith. Ye, Miss Smith, I have a question. When you say murder, are we talking like Sophie Ella Spectro type thing, murder on the dance.
Speaker 4: Floor, all blown proper grab a log and yeah you go, oh my very goodness.
Speaker 2: Oh I did my best detective work and did some real research in this contact of the New South Wales Supreme Court and got the transcript of the court case. Unbelievable stuff. So basically I'll tell the story if you don't mind. So him and his young friend, he said he felt pressured by him. His mate was like, oh, this bloke's cracking on in my misso so we're going to kill him, and they lued him into a forest and hit him with a log. Unbelievable.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to say. I'm trying to think of something funny, but it's not so appropriate.
Speaker 2: Yeah so yeah, pretty.
Speaker 4: But the thing that sort of made me or thought was interesting was that he I tell everyone, as we know, that I work in admin. Yeah, and now you know why. But I told him the truth about what I do for work and he's like, oh, yeah, okay, cool, yeah, no problems like you know whatever. But it was the trigger for him to tell me this was that I then a few weeks later said I'm studying a master's of criminology. So he freaked out and thought, oh, she might find out the story, or she might see the story and make a connection. I don't know how I would, but anyway, but that was the trigger for him to tell me.
Speaker 2: Wow, he's some just from what I read, he's super remorseful, oh very much.
Speaker 4: So, like he went to the cops and said, I can't do this anymore. I need to confess, so.
Speaker 2: Find this young kid's body. For three years and then eventually he went walked into a police station.
Speaker 4: And confessed, I do feel really sorry for him, Like Obviously we all make mistakes, not exactly murderous mistakes. So I do feel sorry for him, and he has obviously like he's a lot older now and he's moved on with his life. But obviously there were other red flags, not just the not just the murder pass.
Speaker 2: I just love that your mom is like, oh, don't put a red line through him.
Speaker 4: I called her last night and she said, why do you tell us it was on? I said, because I knew exactly what you would have done. She would have called me the whole time. But I said to her, I said, she goes, oh, I think you know, I still feel so sorry for and blah blah. I said one of the other things that I sort of rattled off the few things because oh oh let him know that.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well he's not the one. Then you're waking up to Adelaide breaking news.
Speaker 1: What's news todayziness?
Speaker 5: I get away with that, I think.
Speaker 2: So if I definitely don't highlight it, it'll be fine. No One from the Wiser Sweet West Post News News. These are the top stories from the last twelve to twenty four hours. Let's start with Abby in the newsroom. Please, good morning.
Speaker 4: So we had a bit of a protesting situation in the CBD overnight. So they were about over half a dozen protesters who basically were protesting their right to protest.
Speaker 1: You're kidding me, what do we want?
Speaker 5: We don't know when do we.
Speaker 1: Want it now?
Speaker 2: To protest?
Speaker 4: So they descended on the Rundel Paulte Street intersection during peak hour last night. You can imagine how mental it is at peak hour in the city. Eight of them capped one hundred and fifty six dollar fine for blocking the road. It's basically in protests. Remember when we had the major delays a few months ago when somebody was ab sailing off the Morford Street bridge. Yes, and basically traffic was at a stand still and it took a good hour or two to clear. So the state government rushed through laws and beefed up protest laws. Basically it could the maximum penalties fifty thousand dollars for somebody who blocks traffic. Now, these people weren't slacked with those fines. Those penalties weren't imposed. But yeah, they go home with a one hundred and fifty six dollar fine for blocking the road.
Speaker 1: It's crac my very goodness.
Speaker 4: I think you know we all know, yes, it's fine to protest, but if you're going to you know, imagine if you were a mum rushing to go and pick your children up or whatever. Yeah, not good for anyone?
Speaker 2: Is this extinction rebellion?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: I what can you say without getting yourself in trouble? Do you know what I mean? Sometimes it's a situation where it's like, hey, maybe keep your thoughts yourself, otherwise you might get a complain. That's what's happening right now.
Speaker 6: Oka.
Speaker 1: Should we continue on with the post of snooze news? Should we just leave that story there? Apps?
Speaker 2: Sure? What about this? Mining billionaire Gina Reinhart has demanded the National Gallery of Australia remove her portrait from an exhibition by the award winning artist Vincent Namajira.
Speaker 1: This is a very funny situation, so I.
Speaker 2: Have to be honest. It is not the most flattering picture of Gina, and Vincent is known for doing sort of caricatures, but she looks dreadful.
Speaker 1: It's very abstract, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean with their eyes don't sort of line up there, not even symmetrical, and one eyes beg than the other, and.
Speaker 2: She's got he's given jat. I mean, I wouldn't be happy as a woman if I had four chunes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he has really accentuated that area, hasn't.
Speaker 1: He hasn't read the room at always yeap.
Speaker 2: So they so far the gallery is like nuts staying up until mid July. Bad luck Gina.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, So they're pushing back.
Speaker 4: They're pushing back, and then the swimmers who she funds, some of the Australian swimmers, about forty of them have come out and said no, you need to take it down, including Cule Charmer's a bit.
Speaker 2: Of a checkered history with the old sports sponsorship. Of course, Janelle Wallom, who is the Diamonds netballer Aboriginal, came out and said she didn't feel comfortable wearing the Hancock Prospecting logo on her Diamond's dress, and Gina pulled promptly fifteen million dollars worth of sponsorship.
Speaker 1: So how do you feel about that situation, Because let's be honest, Neple is a sport, beautiful sport, thriving sport, but not a sport where big money like that sort of turns up. So there's two different ways you approach a situation like that because effectively it is biting the hand that feeds. But also it's someone standing up for what they believe in.
Speaker 2: I one hundred percent respect what shit that she was standing up at. But also she took objection to comments that her father, Gena Roinehart's father had made back in the nineteen eighties. So my concern is that, yes, you're right with a thought like netball that does struggle to get funding and struggles to get sponsorship. Fifteen million dollars that could be going towards young girls who want to up and coming young girls who want to play the sport for a living. So I guess, yeah, it's a hard one.
Speaker 1: There's a similar situation with the cricketers. It was Pat Commins I think a few hours it came out about energy companies et cetera being involved and they're like, well, what's your carbon footprint when you're traveling the world every second day?
Speaker 2: Yeah, very true.
Speaker 1: It's very very interesting space. That one sure is, Hey, what about the footy last night cats taking on their suns?
Speaker 2: Let's you see that one coming?
Speaker 1: Supercoach tips dot com dot are you if you're doing to mind? Check out all the tips in there because I tip the cats.
Speaker 2: Someone someone sounds a little up and about.
Speaker 1: I tip the cats and they got absolutely flogged.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I'm thinking, seriously, where is Geelong season at at the moment.
Speaker 1: Well, I have really taken it down with turd since last week when got hold of them downward turd. Maybe that still works, that still works as well. There you go.
Speaker 2: So far's form at the moment.
Speaker 1: Yes, so far, so good are teams with conn of Rose. You've got to get through this morning session though, to be absolutely one hundred cent clear to play right in Rosie we trust said that since day time. All right, that's your post snooze news.
Speaker 6: Lister.
Speaker 2: Beagles via Central United Saturday tomorrow actually at Arghana Park from two fifteen. This is how it has all unrolled. So I nominated you to play. You're welcome. We spoke to the footy ops boss, him Young. He said he's very very excited to have you on board fifty our motivation coach. We're going to catch up with him a little later this morning. Joshuh Shelley helped you work out a few celebrations. If you do sneak up forward to kick a goal. John John Platton gave us some advice. You had a little run around the park during the week. Cura Hayes joined us just to talk about her key role as a wag.
Speaker 1: Our number one wag. She'd love that too. By the way, I think it's in a think it's Instagram.
Speaker 2: New coach Matt Swatala joined us. He he's very excited to have you on board. Chris Gowns we had a chat.
Speaker 7: With him as well.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, just the names go on and on.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, they're all praying for my hamstrings, Yes they are. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
Speaker 2: And also I just thought i'd take some initiative and organize a few messages of support for you heading into the game tomorrow.
Speaker 1: That's nice.
Speaker 2: Do you want to smash play on one of them.
Speaker 8: Chrisis Broton, Hey Jody, Hey Hazy, it's ready here. I just wanted to wish Hazy the very best of luck for the big game for the Elizabeth Eagles this weekend. You are going to absolutely dominate like those samful days four flags, I haven't forgotten. Get those magnificent pins out as well, those beautiful tight shorts.
Speaker 1: Oh you're a good looking man. Good luck, brother, Love you. Oh my gosh, the beautiful tom Rams.
Speaker 4: Your boyfriend really went above and beyond there, didn't he?
Speaker 1: I filled that through.
Speaker 2: That was Roth and Mahart just when he said get those beautiful pins out.
Speaker 1: I love that. Yeah, for you, that was nice. He gets me. He one hundred percent gets me. You understand ns are always out.
Speaker 2: You understand you in a way that not even your wag wife Kara does.
Speaker 1: You know she's a good wag though she's a really good wag.
Speaker 2: I dare you to go home and say that to it today.
Speaker 1: It's very nice of you. It's a messages of support, hids.
Speaker 2: There's more to come or really, okay, I've been very busy.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: You're welcome.
Speaker 1: All right to fifteen tomorrow a Gannah Park. Like Joe said, Elizabeth Eagles taking on Central United. I mean people are probably going there anyway, because that's probably on you to do list. But if not clear some room, Yes, come out support the lads. And when I say lads on me both teams. We are doing this to get around local footage. Yes, because here's the deal. Elizabeth Eagles were battling so much so that got beaten by five hundred and sixteen points on that day. They ended up with thirteen players on the field through injury, fitness, all sorts of things. Yeah, right, from then to now, we now have enough players for two teams. Wow, tomorrow there's gonna be A's and B's.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize they only had thirteen on the field.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: It was not a good out.
Speaker 2: Ask with Roy No, that's right anyway, Sure, don't speak about the war.
Speaker 1: It's fine, okay, all right, once again, if you've got to spare a couple of hours, come down, enjoy, drink, come see the Superno's novaus, if anything else, having some games, having some fun.
Speaker 2: There you go, that's my role game day.
Speaker 1: That's a great question. You can be Ryan Fitzgerald's motivational assistant. Okay, you got to get around the boys.
Speaker 2: I'll take it.
Speaker 1: You need some pump up words, Yeah, some inspiration. I don't know. Maybe cut up some orangines. We'll see what happens. What do you want to do?
Speaker 2: Which one is it inspire the boys or cut up orange You could be a genuine rouse about okay, just kidding.
Speaker 1: You can be the assistant to the club's secretary, Katrina.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I will do whatever is required of me on the day, but very good.
Speaker 1: I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Juny's doory, Dear Diary, Well, there's only one way to start a Monday. I saw a lady at under nine football yesterday morning, at eight point thirty, having a mother.
Speaker 1: She just needed some extra perks. Wow in the system, it's aggressive chasing down with a dart. And now we're talking.
Speaker 2: And once you've knocked back your mother and a dart, I'll make you a pre game for Tata. I can make you a Forra Tata if you want. I have a pre game for Tata.
Speaker 9: Um.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Hazy delivered the worst insult of all time. This is what victory feels like. It's so foreign, it feels nice.
Speaker 1: You really went off as well. Take this whichever way you want, but you dance like my mum.
Speaker 2: Andrew's hamstrings are preparing themselves for this Saturday's match against Central United. But not even those bad boys were prepared for this inappropriate use of the word normally reserved for a child bearing woman.
Speaker 1: That's right, my hamstrings is going to explode and potentially come at my own bump. I could potentially pass my own hamstrings out my bump.
Speaker 2: I've never seen that.
Speaker 1: Before, but i'd kind of I potentially could prolapse my own hamstrings. Okay, that's what it's about.
Speaker 2: Please never prolapse on the.
Speaker 5: What's that?
Speaker 2: Pretty boy?
Speaker 1: Still a very pretty boy, pretty handsome.
Speaker 2: Boy who wants to win ten k a Mayon day?
Speaker 1: Of course, anyone who goes on here ort to make the goes on the standby list for ten k a May day and.
Speaker 2: Goes you haven't heard by the way, Hazy is coming out of footy retirement. You guys and the abbey in the newsroom really got around him. We're hearing that you'll be best on b best on bench, best and if there was any doubt who Hazy was playing for from the bench to the eagle.
Speaker 1: You're such a good wag too, And I'll tell you what, Yeah, yeah, I do it for you, baby rock.
Speaker 2: We discovered how decidedly uncool our boy Andrew is.
Speaker 7: There's been a couple of standout moments in a couple of years I've been lucky enough to work with you, Hazy. The first song is when I taught you the word slaps free thing for about six months. This song slaps fresh here from Dom Dollar this is slaps a little uncook.
Speaker 2: Would you like to come along see Thumbird's playing a little corporate box three out food and drinks package.
Speaker 1: I would absolutely love that.
Speaker 2: Brilliant We will see their congratulations.
Speaker 10: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Hey, how are the this flap?
Speaker 11: You know who?
Speaker 2: I wanted to slap Abby in the newsroom.
Speaker 1: That's where Jody says. I don't have a hex there because I didn't have to pay for UNI back then. All those subpos did you go to UNI? Is that I'm not even joking. We're not taking excuse me, we're not taking the mickey. I'm being genuine. Did you have to pay for UNI?
Speaker 9: Of course.
Speaker 2: Of course I did. Weby maybe she was one of the first.
Speaker 1: When did it finish? When did hecks get introduced? I don't know, you'd have to look it up.
Speaker 3: Too.
Speaker 1: Let me just punch into a song here.
Speaker 2: So did you you dance like my mum the bench players?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I do a for you?
Speaker 2: Baby, you're wrong, go off this weekend Kings and Queens all my love, Jody.
Speaker 5: You don't call it come back baby?
Speaker 10: Yes, it is that.
Speaker 2: Get around it though, because this is going to be huge tomorrow. The super and OVAs are going to be there. They'll have stacks of games. There'll be a photo booth there as well to get some pictures with the family and a heap of Wallace Cinema family passes up for grabs, all thanks to our mates at Wallace Cinemas, of course. So come on down to a Garner Park tomorrow afternoon, fun family day out and you could score yourself a Wallace Cinema family put stacks and other goodies.
Speaker 1: Yes, pigs, well, that's right. I think I watch my movies that Walls Cinema. I'm with the big screen magic and then Tami Willis dot com dot au if the super and Ova is going to be there, you know it's legit. Yeah, that's what we're saying. Fifteen Elizabeth Eagles. It's taking on Central United. Just care down and just support local footy. That's what it's all about. It some abuse, No, don't do that. Go on, throw a full can of me.
Speaker 2: It's definitely not what tomorrow's about.
Speaker 1: On covered, I've got it.
Speaker 2: So they got flogged by eighty two goals a couple of weeks ago, but it's not about winning. This is about supporting local footing tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yes, because it's a club and obviously the most famous alumni is the greater Johnny Platton. It's a coup that's been around for about sixty five years, following on some pretty hard times at the start of the season. Since then, we're very very happy. I'm proud to say that they've got enough numbers now for as MB's.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: So look, it's not about winning or losing a wouldn' would be nice, but it is about celebrating local footy at a club that has a nice, beautiful, rich culture.
Speaker 2: And I'm getting around you and I'm being super super super supportive and I have recorded some messages of support for you. What about this from the beautiful man that is Tim Jinniber Yes.
Speaker 3: Please, Hey, Hazy, good luck and the big comeback with the Eagles, mate, all the best with it. I think you're around about thirty eight years of age. I played my last appearance like this when I was fifty, so you've got twelve seasons to go, mate. And the last game I played, I bent down to pick up a ball and dead set pulled a hamstring from the back of my knee to the back of my neck and my mate said, to be fair to me, it's only about that far.
Speaker 1: All the best.
Speaker 2: I love that room. Timv legend, that's a fair He told you not to do anything until you actually take the field tomorrow because he's like, you're going to do a hammy.
Speaker 1: It was his advice. You're definitely going to do a hammie as we do it in game than before games.
Speaker 2: Suit exactly.
Speaker 1: That's nice, thanks Jays organizing a legend. I run through a brick wall now. Yeah, ah, you got some more messages too there.
Speaker 2: I've got plenty of my sleep.
Speaker 1: You've read about that, so very busy. I really appreciate it all.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow, let's producer m vomits in her mouth because she's the one that's done all the hard work.
Speaker 1: I'll just say collective then, thank you very much. Ladies. You're welcome to fifteen are Gana Park, Elizabeth Downs, Elizabeth Eagles taking on Centraly United. If your free tomorrow, please come down and support some local footy. So reason to celebrates what is effectively a comeback. This week's Battle of the Banger's theme.
Speaker 2: Is game Day, Game Day. Okay, speaking of comebacks, I need to make an almighty one right about now because I'm trailing quite significantly. I will say this, My song is an absolute belter this week, and I need everyone to get around it. Jodi and Hazy the Instagram page, please please please cast your wont my way, okay, because I do not want to lose to the black Eyed Peace.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so it's personal against the peace?
Speaker 7: Yep?
Speaker 1: What have you got against the peace?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: Nothing? But I just think they've had their moment in the sun, fat boy slim.
Speaker 1: However, it is a good song.
Speaker 2: It's time to.
Speaker 1: Shine absolutely right here, right now certainly is a good game day song.
Speaker 2: I don't understand how it's trailing so significantly.
Speaker 1: This is a cracking song, because this is a cracking song from the peas Pump. Look every one in the rooms dancing even though he's swaying along to that.
Speaker 4: You can't can't help her get up and about to it, can you?
Speaker 2: You can get up and about my song too, but you can. But I feel footy related. Oh like this is a bit more. You turn her mic off.
Speaker 1: I actually don't have that power.
Speaker 2: That is a revelation I did not remember. I couldn't cover off.
Speaker 1: O God, I did not have that power.
Speaker 6: You could.
Speaker 2: You could dump me. We've created a couple of.
Speaker 1: Times before we've he's gone rogue and said some swear words. Yeah, there you go. So get right here right now about that boy slamms pumpeted by the peace. Get voting at to Jodin Hazy. The winning song will be revealed at eight o'clock this morning.
Speaker 2: Oh, the absolute scenes in the studio at the moment. So basically what I have organized is Jack from Physio Extra has joined us in the studio. Do you give you a little to give you a little rubdown, dull ahead of the game tomorrow against the Elizabeth Eagles.
Speaker 1: Oh, this hasn't happened for the best part of eleven or twelve years. I've got to say, Jack, who is one of the absolute grades from Physio Extra, is just touching me in spots that I forgot existed. I've been touched like this the long time.
Speaker 2: Oh goodness me, I'll tell you what. You couldn't get your pants off quick enough either, could you.
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 1: I was quite relieved when it wasn't Kelvin from Risking today.
Speaker 2: Jack, Can I ask you how tight are those hammies at the moment as you work your magic?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I reckon.
Speaker 1: These are some of the titles.
Speaker 2: I felt in a little while.
Speaker 6: In the danger zone for the weekend, I reckon, but little loose enough would be good to go.
Speaker 2: And have you seen calves quite like them before? Because that a big boy is big Polynesian carves.
Speaker 10: I reckon. You know, sometimes the bigger they are, the more they go.
Speaker 2: And Jack, in terms of a specimen, do you think he's indecent?
Speaker 12: Nick?
Speaker 2: Do you reckon? How long do you reckon? He's going to last before something pings tomorrow?
Speaker 1: And I reckon he's looking in pretty good shape. I reckon, I'll give him at least a quarter.
Speaker 10: And a half a quarter?
Speaker 2: Oh, how you feeling?
Speaker 1: I'm a little bit of pain, but I know it's for the greater good. So if this gives me an extra quarter and then I'll absolutely take it. Hey, Joe's what about as well? Jack's doing a fantastic job. But as part of the physio extra team, Bloody Nick chig Wittens here as well? Yeah, Blanelle, great, we heard from Timmy Ginnifer before, So Chiggy what two hundred and ninety three? As for the bays for Best and Fairest South Austraining Football Hall of Fame, Yeah, on top of the fact that my hamstrings might go at any second. Have you got any advice in this space on how to play on Saturday?
Speaker 13: If I was you, I'd play very wide, mate, and keep away from the ball when you're chasing looks make it look like you're really working. Just pump the arms a lot, but don't run to our mate, don't pop those heavies.
Speaker 2: I'm a little concerned because we're out north there that someone might try and be a hero and take Hazy out. We're not nervous about that.
Speaker 13: Well, I'd be a little bit worried too, but I'm sure Hazy will be right. He's one of the pretty boys out there. It's so a big target. Now, good luck, mate, I hope it goes well.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, all I can say at this point is you're welcome. Andrew Hayes. You feeling good.
Speaker 1: I'm starting to Jack. I think I'm starting to loosen up just a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got some needles there as well, Jades here. It might do some dry needling, but I'm scared that if he put one of those needles into my calves, it might just pop. It's full of hot air, yeah, so true.
Speaker 2: All right, should we play Birthday paid next to Musical Warriors? Just going head to head. The theme for this week is game Day because tomorrow Andrew Hayes is suiting up for the Elizabeth.
Speaker 1: Of course, go the eggs, the eggs.
Speaker 2: Okay, So my song was from Fat Boy Slim right here, right now.
Speaker 1: It's a good tune, Jacks, fat Boy Slim, although he peaked a few years ago, that's okay, great DJ. And this was a song that I always listened to back the day, given your footy.
Speaker 2: Career peaked a few years ago as well.
Speaker 1: And yet here we are, and here we are. I can't let go. It takes one to know one. That's where you play for the Adelaide Wildcats. Oh that's what the space is in terms of Battle of the bang is. It's two fiercely competitive musical athletes going at each other.
Speaker 2: All right, what you got then?
Speaker 1: Okay, I've got a song which I think connects with the people who like new music, which is so handy in this space. It's the Bloody Black Eyed Peas Brumpet. It's a really nice song, isn't it. It'll get you there.
Speaker 2: Camic guy Josh is joining us in the studio to reveal this week's winner.
Speaker 1: Josh, So, I'm very distracted by Hazy with no pants on Oyola in a good way or a bad way? Josh, A little bit of It's confusing, isn't it. Let's get a quick drum roll here. It's Elizabeth Eagles Andrew Haynes. Yeah, God, Jod's it's fine black eyed peas pumpets. That will take us to eleven five if you don't mind, I enjoy this today.
Speaker 10: If you get comfort, Laurent, go the egg.
Speaker 2: And when you think of institutional families in terms of football in this state, who do you think of.
Speaker 1: In this particular state? Yes, well I think that's maybe the father is a glenelg legend. Are we on the right train?
Speaker 2: They do not get any bigger than the Corn's family. Graham a little earlier in the week, but he's taken the liberty of recording a little message for you, lovely.
Speaker 9: Hi guys, it's Graham Corns here, hayz. He just wishing all the very best, mate, you're going to need it. That old body is slowly breaking down. But can I give you one word of advice, just enjoy it, live the moment, because you never know when it's going to be your last game of footy. Have a great day. Why are you're going to make a difference. Maybe I'll even get a win? How good with that beat? Good on your mate, have a great day.
Speaker 2: Convinced the Graham.
Speaker 1: That's very appropriate from Stuteley because you said it might be your last game. We literally signed a waiver and it was like here's your risk assessment musculo skeletal, blah bah bah death, So like this might be literally your last moment on the field.
Speaker 2: Now you cannot have Graham without having his son as well, who used to be your former sparring Please everybody, Haizy.
Speaker 6: I don't know what you're doing, mate, but good luck with the Elizabeth Eagles. I've got a few concerns about this though. They don't need a dour defender.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 6: One of your real nasty dirty tricks that you told me off air, but I'm going to share it on air, was that you like to grab the armpit hair of your opponent and pull it out. Now, if you do that on Saturday, I'm telling you you will get those freshly capped, big white teeth of yours punched out. I know you've had a lot of work on the face. You're worried about your hair, so don't use any of those tactiques you like the stump on toes.
Speaker 1: If you do that, your fresh teeth are going to get knocked out. Good luck. I hope it goes well.
Speaker 6: Make sure you don't get any goals kicked on you, and see if you can sneak down for one and go well, Hazy, I don't know what you're doing.
Speaker 1: Wouddy legend can I'll tell you right now. I have taken in all of that advice. There'll be no dirty tactics because I don't want to get punched in the back of the head Jones.
Speaker 2: And also, you've got fresh teeth.
Speaker 10: I haven't got.
Speaker 1: That was something that Cato just said. That is incorrect.
Speaker 2: Oh anyway, plenty more messages where they came from.
Speaker 1: You're welcome, Thank you very much, Jones. Fridays, you know, I look forward to the seats and every week, but it's Fitzy Friday. Is hitting just a little bit different this week given what's on the line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know it's massive. It's massive for you lining up for the Elizabeth Eagles. One more sleep. How are you feeling.
Speaker 1: I'm feeling very very nervous, so I don't want to tell you what's going on in terms of my trips at the toilet. But that's what comes. Yep, we're just preparing for football.
Speaker 2: That's what comes with being an Eagle.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I no knows that better than our motivational coach, Ryan Fitzgerald. Good morning, FITZI.
Speaker 12: I just watched your video training with the Eagles and hazy. Can I just say and Jodie, I don't know if you want to back me up here, but you spoke from.
Speaker 10: The heart, man't you.
Speaker 12: I've got a little bit emotional watching that, and you know what, it made me think you're not a washed up footballer. And that's what that's that's perception that I had for such a long time. There is a heart, there's a heart in the Haze that not many people know about. And I've got a really good feeling. They won't get up this week, but they won't lose by eighty two goals.
Speaker 1: That's the goal. That's all we want. And we're looking for a non flogging now.
Speaker 12: It's motivational coach. I've had to go look, I've had to really ask for some favors for some really good friends. But I've tracked down a couple of crew here that might get the Eagles up now out some one of them is one of the greatest coaches of all time. And then I've got a couple of mates in there as well, just to help us out. But would you like to hear some of the motivational talks directed at the Eagles this week?
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 13: Hi.
Speaker 7: This is Martkewoiams Choco, the ex put our laid Premiership coach and the motive fitzis.
Speaker 11: Just wanted to say hi to all you guys in Division six at.
Speaker 1: Elizabeth this week.
Speaker 2: It's all about tackle, tackle, tackle tackle, Good luck, love from Choco.
Speaker 1: Keep going boys, enjoy your footing, Elizabeth Eagles.
Speaker 14: Mickey O here from Sydney, former player Premiership player under nine nineteen eighty six.
Speaker 1: Can't believe you.
Speaker 14: Black Scott beaten by eighty two goals.
Speaker 1: That's not the Eagles.
Speaker 14: I know you've got to do everything you can to win. Defan scratch, squirrel grip. If you have done, jeez on, behalf of every football get out there this weekend. Give the opposition more grief than there are potholes on main North Road Police.
Speaker 11: Jesus, Hi guys, David Park and here, I want you guys to go out this week and show the foolly world what you really like. Adversity brings out the best and everyone all the best Eagles.
Speaker 1: Oh geez, top Shell friends there, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and Chucko. And how good is Chucko? He's just and you know what, that guy has been around the traps. He knows he can smell a victory just around the corner.
Speaker 1: So that's I mean.
Speaker 12: As a motivational coach, I feel like maybe I have to say a few words to the boys or I don't know about you guys.
Speaker 1: Well, we were going to ask speech to you. We didn't know if there was a little feather that came with us. So why don't we just do this organically and see what happens. But FITZI, you're a man who knows to get people from one level to another. So what have you got for the Elizabeth to the Elizabeth Eagles.
Speaker 12: It's fits he here an amazing eighteen game career in the AFL, ten for the Swans, eight for the Crows, five and debut. I haven't told too many people that, but I can tell you this. When you're getting flogged every week, you've got to go back to basics. What I mean by basics. Number one, rock up to training. That's a good one. Number two, submit a full team. And number three, if you're getting beaten by eighty two goals, flood the defense.
Speaker 1: You don't need to full forward.
Speaker 8: Have them all in defense.
Speaker 12: Now, everybody put your heads together and let's get out.
Speaker 1: There and let's flug on their way. I think that I've just popped.
Speaker 12: You know you're unfit when you're just doing motivational speech and this stuff. I'm well, I'm excited, hazy. So good luck this weekend. Good luck to the Elizabeth Eagles. Let's get behind this team because eighty two goals that is a murder that we never want to see again.
Speaker 1: You're right, though, quite seriously, if push comes yourself, let's just let's just flood it Sidney Swan style back in the day.
Speaker 12: Why would you have a fall forward if you're getting beaten by eighty two goals? And I know you're a few men in short, but just it's not six six six in amateur league. It's just you know what you have fifteen in defense? You don't even have a midfield. They can get it out of the middle, but they've got to kick goals from sixty because we've got our whole team in defense.
Speaker 1: Good luck, mate, good luck.
Speaker 12: Oh you must be there, must be adrenaline, must be running in the in the nerves because you know, getting out there and having a kick again, and there's nothing better.
Speaker 1: I was nervous on Tuesday night when we trained. Let alone on Saturday tomorrow, I'm going to be absolutely packed. My dad's in a good way, like I missed that nervous energy. It's going to be great. Have you got the copa Mondals? The old added asperts? What are you running with?
Speaker 11: Do you know what?
Speaker 1: I've got a pair of nikes that are from twenty fourteen and they're half pink, So I tretched out to Elizabeth Dam with my pink boots. No, there's no target on me.
Speaker 2: No, you're pleased to know that I'm not playing for the Adelaid Wildcats see one on Saturday, because I have to go and support my co host. And when I say I'm not playing, I'm probably serving in one match suspension anyway, because I got SENTI last week.
Speaker 11: So what did you do?
Speaker 1: Did you get violent again.
Speaker 2: No, I just went up for a contest and the umpire deemed it dangerous.
Speaker 1: I played for Century United and knocked me out. World, I'm Jones, World, I'm all right.
Speaker 10: Good luck this week in touch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Pagana Park Elizabeth Eagles taken on Century Night and I'm making a big old comeback. Last night I woke up in the middle of night and I could hear someone weeping. Oh my hamstring it.
Speaker 10: No, I don't want to know it.
Speaker 2: Controversially, Are you nervous because it's getting real?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a little bit nervous, to be honest. Excited though, really excited.
Speaker 2: It's been a really big build up from Channel seven too. They did a little spot on it, didn't they last night?
Speaker 1: Really really big build up, and I'm scared that it's going to be not much punch at the end of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, we are less than twenty four hours away, Andrew Hayes, which is why I think it's apt and appropriate that we bring up the worst sporting comebacks of all time.
Speaker 1: Yes, wait, no, we're looking for good sccorting government.
Speaker 2: No, these are the worst. Okay, let me start with beyond ball please. Tennis player Forgie. Yeah, Borgie took over the professional tennis world. He won sixty four titles and eleven Grand Slams over a ten year career, but at age twenty six, shot the tennis world and he quit. So he retired in his prime. But then in nineteen ninety one, borg decided to return to tennis at the age of thirty five. Good goal beyond love, That beyond using a wooden racket in an age where aluminium rackets were gaining popularity may have helped contribute to the fact that he did not win a single match during his rule.
Speaker 1: Oh there's your biggest problem, Borgie, Porgie. I'm may turning out with the old school, like screwing studs or something. Yeah, that's not going to be the difference. But that's where he went wrong.
Speaker 11: Yeah. Now.
Speaker 2: Ben Johnson athlete had a very promising start to his career. He won two silver medals at the nineteen eighty two Conmal Games and then followed up with two bronze medals at the nineteen eighty four Olympic Games, and then in nineteen eighty eight, when Johnson returned to the Olympics, he set a world record in the one hundred meters with a time of nine points seventy nine seconds.
Speaker 1: I know where you're going with this. I completely agree. Keep going.
Speaker 2: He became the first Canadian to win gold in the event in sixty years. However, this does not end well because after the race, he tested positive for anabolic steroids and he was stripped of his medal and suspended by the IOC. And then in nineteen ninety one, to make matters worse, Johnson's suspension was lifted and he made a comeback. Honestly quick, while you're going too.
Speaker 1: Now, I'll take that needle out of my bum.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so he may his country's Olympic team. After that, ran his way into the semi final. Then he stumbled out of the blocks in the semifinal. He finished last test in positive.
Speaker 6: Life.
Speaker 5: He couldn't even do it, juiced up.
Speaker 2: Okay, one more for you, yes please? All right? Four words Michael Jordan Washington wizards. The greatest of all the greatest of all time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Washington wizards. That's the key world.
Speaker 2: Easily the greatest at his sports. So one of the most decorated athletes in American sport was six, no less than six championship rings. He ended his career on a team that never even made the playoffs, right, so he's quit. And then in two thousand and one, he returned to the NBA, playing for the team he partially owned, the Washington Wizards. Oh dear, guess how many points you have reached over two years?
Speaker 1: Not as many as prime Jordan, which would have been hitting thirty to thirty.
Speaker 2: Five, not twenty points per game over the two years span, and his season was cut short in one and two. Sometimes it pays to not come out of retirement.
Speaker 1: Just call me beyond Johnson Jordan, just coming back looking forward to nothing's going to go wrong anyway.
Speaker 2: Good luck tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Pass me that needle please, boy. I feel nimble, feel athletic.
Speaker 2: You said your legs feel great. Yeah, worked on by Jack from Visio Extra for the last hour or so.
Speaker 1: Good on your Jack. And Chiggy was in here as well. Yeah, Nick Chi absolute Grady is big thanks to the guys at Physio Extra. Had those little don't know what they're called, those little pad things that you put on.
Speaker 2: They blow up legs like compression things.
Speaker 1: The compression normal tech normal.
Speaker 2: You know how they were black with the big massive writing down the leg that said, norma tech o.
Speaker 1: Normal tech that said okay, great, thank you very much. Felt like Josh Shelley there for a second, he posted on his social media quite a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, okay, Now, I have been very very busy recording little messages for you for your return. You'll come back game for the Elizabeth Eagles.
Speaker 1: So lovely of you. By the way, I know I didn't know you had it in you.
Speaker 2: Neither did I. And I've got one more for you. You want to hear it?
Speaker 9: Go on there?
Speaker 8: Okay, the Elizabeth Eagles needed players.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm washing my hair.
Speaker 1: Sure, I don't even know. You can't make it. Sorry, Bret's is out, but they've got Hazy. Come on, Hazy. You've got this mate. You've only got five hundred points to make up. It'll be fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I reckon, you could get Let's not aim high. Let's not aim for a goal, maybe a point or two.
Speaker 1: Just a quick little one pointer.
Speaker 5: Snap on back, mate, How are you hitting them?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but you're good. You're good. We've got your back. When you run on, wear the Eagles gersey with pride. Make sure you wave to the crowd.
Speaker 2: And kick a few and put it on the right way, don't you reckon his boots.
Speaker 6: Let's start and yeah, okay, yeah, okay, buddy.
Speaker 1: You've got this.
Speaker 2: From a pair of legends. Just sit down and record a little message for you.
Speaker 1: What we could use serva on a wing. Oh yeah, just giving the ball, tucking on in the arm. Server, don't forget to bounce and just go. Yeah, just absolutely go go like the wind Survo, Big shadowed as well as Sun.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So we're on board gold sponsors now the Elizabeth Eagles Football Club for the next two years.
Speaker 2: Very nice, indeed, very nice.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for those messages. Jos You're welcome, really appreciate what it's really hard on that lovely of you, lever when you're a young man trying to make your way. You're like third or fourteen, and Eric Price did this song and the video clip was stealing all sorts of crazy things to you.
Speaker 2: That rageous, wasn't it?
Speaker 1: Like, what's going on here?
Speaker 2: Hey you tomorrow Elizabeth b Central United Argana Park, two fifteen, it's on, be.
Speaker 1: There, be Square, It's on, baby, Hey, Joe's thanks so much for organizing all the little messages, the friendly messages of support, welcome. It's very nice for you, isn't it.
Speaker 2: We are encouraging everyone to come down tomorrow. The awesome super Andnovas are going to be there with stacks of games. Photo booth is going to be there as well. A heap of Wallace Cinema family passes up for grabs, all thanks to our mates at Wallace Cinemas. Of course, come on down at Ganna Park tomorrowvo for a fun family day out and you can score yourself a Walla Cinema family passes stacks of other goodies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if nothing else, see a mature age bog, do a hamstring or come in and see it. Get a wall Cinema family pass, isn't it? Wall Cinema's Mitchell Mount Barker no longer and the Piccadialer. You're home with the big screen magic and entertainment. Whilst dot com dot are you? We will leave you with this a collection of Jody's thoughts and observations from across the week. Is that how he'd like to describe Jody's do.
Speaker 2: Nice, thank you? Okay, it sounds way more appealing.
Speaker 1: The extreme feedback. Have a good week here