Speaker 1: Today's temp, guys, half half of yesterday that crop tops of twenty four. We are going for at the moment, what do we twenty one degree, So we're slowly getting there.
Speaker 2: It's warm for the rest of the week as well. Not as hot as yesterday, but it is going to be warm and sunny.
Speaker 1: I know, but nothing like yesterday that was insane.
Speaker 3: Well at the peak of it, I think at about eight forty five last night, one hundred thousand Victorians had no power. Shocker, So that's just adding insult to injury. And thirty thousand of those homes are still without power this morning.
Speaker 1: I'll be honest, though, like I really expected more technical dramas as the day went on, you.
Speaker 4: Know, that were quite bad. One hundred thousand with no power.
Speaker 1: I know, but sometimes we get that, you know, with with heat waves or blackouts. But I mean, we really haven't had these sort of tempts for what seventeen years?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, since Black Saturday bushfires. In O nine, there was a train at a crossing level crossing in Essenon which was stuck because the electric xare malfunctions. That caused a bit of chaos. There was a grass fire on the Monash late yesterday afternoon the commute home, so that had to be closed.
Speaker 2: I had power, but my air concert it was on, but nothing was coming out.
Speaker 1: In my life.
Speaker 4: Give it a bit of a reset.
Speaker 2: And then it started working again. But I have another system in our house. Produce A Broady, our executive produced one of his mates, A is a Sparky, and he was like, send me a photo of the system and I'll see if I can diagnose from here. And then I send him a photo of one of the panels and I was like, this is in my house and I have no idea.
Speaker 4: What it does. What was it?
Speaker 1: Splod system?
Speaker 4: No, I know the split system. I don't know. I don't know if it's air con or be real. No, like a panel, like a button, this thing.
Speaker 1: So you don't know what it does. On the son of a Sparky, you won't know.
Speaker 4: It got put in when we renovated, and I don't know.
Speaker 1: Unless it's connected to a tanning bed, you're not going to know.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I think is that deducted system.
Speaker 3: Which means it's a that's what I needed.
Speaker 1: It's pretive coolings. It's exactly what it is.
Speaker 3: Evaporative cooling hard to say, but that's.
Speaker 4: Also a heater. Is it's a heater? I turned it on.
Speaker 1: No, not that that says thirty two degrees.
Speaker 3: You turn it on thirty two degrees. That's why you were why you were seeing ahs thirty two.
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: I think it's saying the room is thirty two degrees.
Speaker 1: Give me a lopacity opacity room. I think the evaporative.
Speaker 2: Say, look, that's the air con that says I had it on seventeen, but the room was actually thirty two.
Speaker 1: You never put your aircon on when I'm at your place.
Speaker 4: I have to put it on when you because I have all the windows in the doors.
Speaker 1: I know it's terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fresh air not yesterday. No, I don't know what that is. I thought Brevous was a water system.
Speaker 3: No, that's I think that's brightext You don't think it's a sprinklers.
Speaker 1: No, this is air.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Evaporative. It's a big thing in New Zealand when we live there. So it basically sucks the hot air out.
Speaker 4: So that's what I needed.
Speaker 1: But it doesn't cool it, you know, like condition. So last night we're having dramas with our air conditioning because it wasn't cooling the rooms upstairs with the boys, so they had to all move downstairs. And Felix was like, he's like me, he was really feeling the heat and we're trying to get him to sleep. So he's got high school today, you know. So we end up getting you know, those cooling sheets. Use those cooling sheets and you chuck them in the freezer to cool them down.
Speaker 4: I've got one of those from my dog in the dog bed. You can put in there.
Speaker 1: There's human ones. You can get it.
Speaker 4: It's like gel.
Speaker 1: They said. Yeah, they're sort of like a gel and then you can get like the the the head pack ones hats.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So last night I chucked all the stuff in the freezer and then put it on him when he went to bed.
Speaker 3: He looks like he's camping in the North Park.
Speaker 1: No, that's like a futon sort of thing. It was downstairs, yep. So he's got like the gel pack on his head. He's got cooling sheets that have been in the freezer. Just trying to get the tempt down.
Speaker 4: So your econ didn't work.
Speaker 1: No, well it works, but just going to the wrong parts of the hotse nothing kept up, Lauren.
Speaker 2: No, I just put that thing in chat GPT. It said, what does this do?
Speaker 1: What chat GPT sir?
Speaker 2: It says, it's the panel for your heating and most likely calling.
Speaker 4: Big round.
Speaker 1: Hey guys, remember when we spoke to Robin yesterday?
Speaker 3: Was she moving house?
Speaker 1: She was moving house? Hello Robin? Hello guys, how you going thing to do on a forty eight degree day? How did you go?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 1: Sure was so done. I'm in my new house.
Speaker 3: The removal skies were just absolutely awesome.
Speaker 1: I've never seen anyone work so hard. No, about nine hours.
Speaker 4: Did you pay him in slurpies as well?
Speaker 1: I was happy to pay him in almost anything. I mean, yeah, absolutely. I can't believe they kept going with the move and it wasn't a tools down situation. Yeah, No, I couldn't. I was really really worried. No, they kept going with the move on. My airconn works beautifully.
Speaker 4: But you still have to have the doors open when you're moving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the problem that was. Yeah, you can't open the door quick quick? Bring bringing the.
Speaker 4: Sofa and how the new digs?
Speaker 3: Dah?
Speaker 4: You're happy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have a house war. Yeah, I'll invite you all.
Speaker 3: I've got rid of about a thousand boxes of.
Speaker 2: The Joys of moving, Jason pop over for the house warming. Clinton, I went to someone's house. What if we go to someone's house to open the new oven the stove top we did, Robert, this is Jay for a dinner party.
Speaker 1: I've got a whole new house, not just a new oven.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, well we must bring friends.
Speaker 1: You're in the new house, Don and the move when I came forget doing that yesterday's The good news is, yes, we've got some warm days ahead, but the cool changes here. Tops of twenty four you made at Melbourne
Speaker 3: Jason, Lauren Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the socials,