Speaker 1: On scorn Lives Austrodia. This is the Wader Panalty Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the readA Panny Show.
Speaker 3: Coming up tonight, Australian business leaders fight back against industry super funds and the file left ideology infecting the corporate world. Gary Hardgrave and Prum McSween will be with me shortly to discuss that and the day's top stories. Matt Cunningham will join me with some shocking news from the Northern Territory. The brilliant Fatia Unga Sagon will have the latest from the US, including the death of man feminism as beta males.
Speaker 2: Learned that they are not immune from me.
Speaker 3: To activism, and later in the hour will look at Megan Markle's latest rebrand efforts with Diane Dunlevy.
Speaker 2: And Left is Losing It features They them energy, the.
Speaker 4: Energy, the Energy.
Speaker 3: Okay, But first the election is close and the.
Speaker 2: Prime Minister is on a charm offensive.
Speaker 3: He was on the front pages of the newspapers to day, The Herald Sun, Daily Telegraph with fiance Jody talking about his marriage plans. It's a bit of a puff piece. It included details about a possible outdoor wedding and the role the couple's dog may play on the day. The media blitz comes days after the couple posted this now infamous val Valentine's Day video on Instagram. Jody we now for more on this. Sky News contributors pro McSween and Gary Hardgrave Gary, We've had our first interest rate cut in more than four years. We're hearing about outdoor weddings and dogs.
Speaker 2: An election isn't far away.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm waiting for a close up shot of the covertal corsage.
Speaker 1: You know it's coming.
Speaker 5: Reader, Look anything other than the reality that an interest rate cut is not going to solve the everyday problems of people paying more for everything. You know, they might give you zero point two five percent reduction in about ten days or a fortnight after the banks have made tens of millions of dollars.
Speaker 1: But let's face it, for a lot of every.
Speaker 5: Day Australians, the price of fuel just went up. You know, the price of electricity is going up constantly.
Speaker 1: The price of.
Speaker 5: Electricity keeps increasing at such a rate, and not that knots that nobody actually can keep up with the increasing costs, and it's killing industry.
Speaker 1: And I think that's the reality.
Speaker 5: So Albo says, you know, never mind the quality, feel the width, this is this is a pe under a shell game going on here, and I don't think Australia is going to fall for it. It's you know what, Frankly, a lot of people can't afford the kind of intimate, covertle corsage wedding that he's talking about. So I think a lot of people have tuned right out. It's going to take a lot more charm to get a you know, ticked from me.
Speaker 3: I can assure you, well, pray, what do you make of the charm offensive? The media bleedzer Obviously they've had some sort of focus group data coming in telling them that well, Jodie is a good look for the PM. The more we see of her, the more we think of him. Is this going to be a boost for the Prime minister and for the Labor Party coming up?
Speaker 2: Or we're going to be weeks away now from an election date.
Speaker 6: Well, it's so predictable, you know, wheel out the little missus or the little missus to be and you know all the you know, the old old ladies might think it's so sweet. Look the Women's Weekly, you know the media today, nothing's going to save him. This is the point that Gary was making that we're so focused on just staying alive, basically economically alive, being able to put food on our table and pay our mortgage or rent, that you know, he can will out as much charm as he likes, and it is offensive. That's what I find when he's talking about and timing his wedding, you know, announcement and the intimate details to soften us up. Oh well, he's really a nice guy. Well, he may be a nice guy, although I'm yet to appreciate that, but you know, he's incompetent and he's basically you know, the nuptials that he's proposing will not work out for him with the Australian public and the Australian voter.
Speaker 1: I believe.
Speaker 6: I think it'll be a know at the altar of the voting booth, and let's hope it is.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, we've alould prefer competence over niceness.
Speaker 2: About to pick between the two.
Speaker 3: Now, company directors shareholder groups are at war with Australia.
Speaker 2: It's four trillion dollars superanuation.
Speaker 3: Industry over corporate diversity guidelines. The nineteen members of the ASX Corporate Governance Council were asked last week to vote on a new set of corporate governance principles, which could have resulted in company directors needing to disclose their sexual orientation and even their religious beliefs.
Speaker 2: Now it's the.
Speaker 3: Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia that's pushing for these diversity reforms.
Speaker 2: But it's good to see business leaders.
Speaker 3: Including the likes of John Wiley, calling for an end to this sort of debate. He said, I personally think it's a gross invasion of people's personal privacy to have to disclose their sexual identity when it comes to eligibility for board positions. And mister Wiley also told the Australia And what is the relevance to corporate performance and the suitability of sitting on a board?
Speaker 2: Very good question there.
Speaker 3: Through the ASX Council is now set to drop its push for these diversity reforms for the time being. Anyway, there's no consensus even amongst those council members. But isn't it good to finally have some corporates taking a stand against this sort of insanity.
Speaker 6: Well, they've been so limp and weak up till now, you know, following this whole energy debarcle, and you know, so scared that they're going to be whipped by the government if they don't support them, even though it's against their principles. In this case, I suppose they feel empowered because Trump's rubbish DEI. And we're seeing also examples with you know, with Woolworths, what happened to them when they went woke, But like Disney, all these profits that are going down the toilet and the branding impacts that it's having. I don't care what the sexuality of a board member is, whether they're indigenous, if they're disiabled, you know, all these ridiculous imposts they're wanting them now to impose on them or proposing to impose on them, impose on them.
Speaker 1: I want to know that.
Speaker 6: The people in boards are actually worrying about delivering a profit to shareholders, that they have proper corporate guidance and they have the expertise to be able to give this guidance. And that's all you worry about if you're either an investor or you're a customer of these companies, and to have the superation mob.
Speaker 7: Wanting to take a stand.
Speaker 6: I would say that a lot of the superannuation people they represent are older people who would be horrified to think that this is going to be posed on board members.
Speaker 7: It is gary.
Speaker 3: The industry super funds are behind so much of this far left ideology that we're seeing adopted in the corporate world, even pushed by the corporate world but pre touched on Donald Trump's policies is cut DEI programs, diversity, equity inclusion, and it's seen a massive shift in the debate even in Australia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, and thank heavens for Donald J. Trump.
Speaker 5: But you know, DEI is an anagram of DEE, which is what's happening to a lot of companies who are held bent.
Speaker 1: On box ticking.
Speaker 5: And you know, these industry super funds, they've completely begged up the power generating investment regime in Australia. They're the ones that are behind the wind farms. They're the ones that are behind and I shouldn't call them wind farms because they're industrial installations. Are the wind turbines and the solar panels. These are the people who are driving your electricity prices up, your superannuation funds. The industry funds are helping to drive up the price of electricity. They load them up with lefties and they expect the world to con Look. I think you just need competence. I'm a company director, I'm said on a couple of different organizations, and what we hire is competence. If you keep putting people into boxes rita that you have to tick and say I've got one of them, I've got one of those things, we're not building Noah's ark. I mean, heavens above, look at me. I can't get any whiter than I am. I can't be any more male than I am. I don't think I'm as alpha as some others. But I'm just saying I'm a bloke. I'm an older bloke, I'm white. Heavens, I'm completely bigger, aren't I? Under this regime?
Speaker 7: So you are?
Speaker 5: You are the problem on competence, not on They got to hire on competence, not on identity.
Speaker 1: This is crazy, and yet I've got a problem.
Speaker 3: I get to know, Well, yes, you don't tick any boxes. Gary, You're white, you're male, your privilege, your heteronormative able body Duman. Yeah, it's downhill for you now. Before you two go, ask you about the Queensland government being warned that its decision to pause cross sex hormones for children for children, mind you, could result in a tsunami of court cases being brought against it. A group of high profile mental health experts, scientists, churches and lawyers have written to Premier Christa Fooley and they're saying that this pause may be in contravention of Queensland's Human Rights Act. Really, Gary, this pause came about after it was discovered that children at Ken's Sexual Health Clinic had been given puberty blockers cross sex hormones without either the required specialist input or parents' permission. Can you believe the activism that's coming from these characters, From Patrick mcgruorie, who I would have expected more from, and even church groups.
Speaker 5: And the Human Rights Act in Queensland is obviously written by the extreme left who were in power to write this act for a start, So they're using a tool. Look, I think in so many ways these people are part of an industry that's heavily get around. Frankly, you're turning our children into elaborates, turning our kids into a great experiment.
Speaker 1: Let's see, they think they're this, so let's do that to them. You can't do that.
Speaker 5: I think kids, people, individuals are able to make their own decision.
Speaker 1: It's such a small percentage of people.
Speaker 5: They obviously clearly have some trauma, mental trauma in their mind about who they are and what they are. But these doctors and church groups are just looking for victims. They're victim farming with this, and the mere fact they're raising this means they're not reading the room. So they look like they're clever, but they're pretty stupid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they're ignoring the best research that has been done in this area. You only have to look at what we've seen in the UK and Scandinavia, what we're doing. If you want to talk about a tsunami of court cases, it's probably going to come from people who've been irreversibly damaged by these drugs and treatments and irreversible surgeries. That's where the tsunami of court cases is going to come from.
Speaker 2: Prim Ex Sween, Gary Hardgrove, thank you so much for your time tonight.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is Sky News Northern Australia correspondent Matt Cunningham. Matt, you've reported some alarming statistics out of the NT this week, school attendance rates amongst Indigenous students in the territory have fallen to just fifty five point two percent, with many children attending schools so infrequently that more than sixteen hundred of them have been removed from the official attendance roles altogether.
Speaker 2: Matt, how much has the.
Speaker 3: Attendance rate for Indigenous children fallen in the NT and how does it compare for other students for non Indigenous students.
Speaker 8: Well, when it comes to Aboriginal students, read, the drop off is fairly alarming. So this Education Department data we've managed to this week shows that if you go back to twenty sixteen, they're about sixty seven percent of Aboriginal children who were attending school. And by attending that means attending on average at least four days per week, So sixty seven percent back in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 7: But by twenty twenty.
Speaker 8: Four that number, according to the latest data, has fallen to fifty five point two percent. Now the real number, if you can believe it, Riada is actually significantly worse. The other thing we've uncovered is that they have a thing here in the Northern Territory called an intensive support role. It basically means that if a child doesn't attend school for twenty days, they're taken off the official role, they're removed from the official attendance data and they're placed on this intensive support role. The idea is that they get extra wraparound services to get the kid to school, but it also means they're not being included in the actual data. So when you take that data into account, you're looking at basically one in every two Aboriginal children in the Northern Territory are basically not going to school.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 8: Over the same period, there has been a slight drop off when it comes to non Indigenous kids. The rate was at about eighty nine percent eight years ago. It's at eighty five percent now, so probably a worrying fall off there, to be honest, but nothing compared to what we're seeing go on with Aboriginal children. The new government here is taking a hardline approach. They've introduced truancy officers. They brought in fies to three hundred and seventy dollars for parents who don't send their kids to school. So obviously they're trying to take the big stick approach to try and get a different outcome.
Speaker 3: Well, the way they count those stats, it almost is designed to hide how bad the situation is, because you're removing the students who are most likely to be truant from the equation, and that just seems a silly way to be presenting statistics. You're actually worried about fixing the problem. And I do wonder if one of the possible reasons attendance rates in the nt are lower than the rest of the country is the level of violence.
Speaker 2: At some schools.
Speaker 3: There's been a spate of school yard bashings at Catherine High School, which has been described has been uglier.
Speaker 2: Than many street fights.
Speaker 3: Traumatized parents have told the nten user they are fearful and keeping their kids at home. One parent said, I fear it is only a matter of time before someone dies. How widespread is this problem, Matt, And why aren't authorities cracking down on the thugs?
Speaker 8: Well, I think that it's clearly an issue at Catherine High School, and those videos that have been published absolutely horrific. And I think that description is right that when it says in many ways they're worse than street rules, and the fact that this is happening in the school yard or on school buses is absolutely appalling. I don't have any specific evidence that it's more widespread than Catherine. I think there've been issues at schools in Darwin that you know, I'm certainly aware of over the years. I don't know how significant it is when it comes to Indigenous attendance rates. From the videos I've seen in Catherine, a lot of the students involved in those fights appear to be non Indigenous, so I don't know if there's a link there. I think there are other reasons that we're seeing a lot of Aboriginal children not attend school in the Northern Territory. That they're many and varied, and they've been going on for a long time. I mean, if you look at the rates of alcohol abuse, you look at some of the decisions made by government returning alcohol to town camps in Alice Springs, an absolutely horrendous decision that had far reaching impacts that I would suggest probably affected school attendance as well. And you look at some of the domestic violence, domestic and family violence rates across the Northern Territory and particularly in some of those remote Aboriginal communities, that they really are horrific. So I think that's probably driving those Aboriginal school attends rates more than what we're seeing in Catherine. But as you say, what we're seeing there in Catherine at that school is shocking, But the Education Minister has said she wants to crack down on it, so I think we'll probably see some action there in the next few days.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Staying in the NT, a horrific case of alleged domestic violence in Darwin which has left a woman dead allegedly at the hands of a partner with a long criminal record who has been granted bail again and again despite serious offending. And that this comes just days after a mother of four in Alice Springs was allegedly killed at the hands of her partner, who also has an extensive criminal record. Are the courts doing enough here to protect vulnerable women?
Speaker 8: Well, I think there's an argument that they're not. Reader This latest case in Darwin here this week is absolutely horrific and I've spoken to police sources, so they are just shocked and appalled by what has happened in this particular circumstance. You're talking about a mother of three young children here who was in a safe house in the Top End to try to get protection from her violent partner and now she's been killed. I mean, it's just an absolutely tragic incident. Her father's a well known Territorian who's worked for in Indigenous affairs for a long time, a highly respected person here in the Northern Territory, and the woman who was killed in this incident as well as someone who has worked in the arts industry across the Northern Territory. So you know, this is a tragic case. So, as you mentioned, this is the second in nine days, a woman killed in Alice Springs nine days ago. It's the third this year, and I believe it's the twelfth domestic violence death in the Northern Territory since June last year. All of the victims in those cases are Aboriginal. This is a shocking crisis that's going on in the Northern Territory. We talked about those School of tendant's rates falling, Well, I can tell you domestic violence rates not falling in the Northern Territory. Domestic violence incidents in the Northern Territory have risen eighty two percent in the last eight years. That is a shocking statistic and overwhelmingly the victims in these incidents, and I have to say, to be frank, the perpetrators are Aboriginal. And people look at the prison system up here and they say, why there's so many people in prison. We've got more than two twenty seven hundred people in prison here in the Northern Territory. I can tell you that a large part, a large number of those people are in prison for acts of domestic violence, for violent acts committed against another Aboriginal person.
Speaker 3: The amount of overrepresentation is shocking, and you called it a crisis. It's precisely what it is. Indigenous women more than thirty times likely to be hospitalized due to domestic violence than non indigenous wa. It is I think our greatest shame in this country, the fact that we don't seem to be able to do anything about that. Matt, what sort of programs, what's happening in the NT to actually address these shocking rates of abuse.
Speaker 8: Well, it's interesting because you know, every time one of these horrific incidents happens, and we've seen a lot of this recently, there are calls for more funding for services. And there's no doubt that those services are required and that that funding is required. But you know, there's a lot of funding that gets directed in this area already, and a lot of this funding goes basically to putting the ambulance at the bottom of the cliff. I think that more work needs to be done to try to change the behavior of these men. In the first place. There is a great program run up here. It's called the No More Campaign. It's run by a man by the name of Charlie King who for the past twenty years has been trying to tell Indigenous men that they need to stand up and take responsibility for their actions, that they need to stop engaging in acts of family violence, and that there need to be consequences for them if they do. But at the moment, you know, he's sort of a lone voice out there trying to change things, and I think we need to see more of that. We need to see more responsibility taken by absolutely these people who are being the perpetrators of business.
Speaker 2: Matt Cunningham, thank you so much for your time. Appreciated.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 7: Rader, still to come.
Speaker 2: The left is losing it.
Speaker 3: Plus the latest from the US, including the growing romance between the leader of the free world and the world's richest man.
Speaker 2: But Tijunga Sagon is up.
Speaker 3: Next, Welcome back, and ow it's time for lefties losing it, and we have more celebrities stepping up, eager to embarrass themselves with lame attempts at polytical humor. Here is actor and transactivist David Tennant taking a painfully funny shot at President Trump. It's a little sad.
Speaker 9: A film about incredible architecture. In fact, it's the baldest architecture in film this year, apart from Donald Trump's Here and The Apprentice Donald Trump, because he says he hasn't seen The Apprentice, because it's a fifteen. It's not on Nickelodeon. See Donald Trump. I've said his name three times. It's like beetlejuice of summoned and talking of villains.
Speaker 2: Yes, about as funny as an ingrowing tone.
Speaker 10: Awl.
Speaker 3: And did you see at the end there who was clapping away at that embarrassingly bad joke.
Speaker 2: It's Mark Hamill. Trump, deranged Mark Hamill.
Speaker 3: Who actually gave us the biggest laugh the height when his pants fell down on stage.
Speaker 2: This wasn't a skit.
Speaker 3: This was Hamill looking like some deranged hobo desperately scrambling to keep his pants on.
Speaker 2: So what makes us love.
Speaker 11: Cinema so much that we're all gathered here to celebrate tonight. For me, it's a Films create world so vivid and stories so powerful that we lose ourselves in them completely. They create immersive, cinematic landscapes that feel alive, whether they're sat here in London.
Speaker 3: Now, that was funny, and it just proves that TEDS is dangerous for your health. It makes you look like a fool even when you're not talking about politics. And Hamil is among the most afflicted with TEDS in Hollywood. Remember these comments at the Democratic National Convention.
Speaker 11: In the movies, I thought against make believe evil. We were at a time in our history we were fighting against real evil. So I beg you, please don't go to the oor.
Speaker 2: Inside real evil.
Speaker 3: Concentrate on buying I don't know a belt and keeping your trousers on, Hammel. Leave the politics to the grownups who hysterical has been and talking about hysteria. It's time to check in with the ladies of the view and I'll be bringing you footage later of the ladies blaming Trump for a delta plane crash in Canada. But here's Whoopee and Joy having a little disagreement despite the fact that I actually agree with each other.
Speaker 7: There are two sides to being Italian.
Speaker 12: You want to talk about the map, talk about da Vinci, You want to talk about murders in Chicago.
Speaker 7: Talk about Michaelangelo. So it's the same with every other group.
Speaker 13: No, it's not why whycause we don't get the benefit of all the That's why we have black history.
Speaker 3: But everyone's so angry and they agree with each other. I imagine if they actually disagreed. And here after Joey Bejar makes some bizarre comments about eggs and planes. We see Whoopee go on some mad tangent, and I don't think even she knows precisely what she's trying to convey.
Speaker 2: Yes, if you can work it out, by the way.
Speaker 7: That crisis is supposed to come down, not in airplan.
Speaker 13: Well let me let me let me say someplace that could really use a lot of cutting, you know, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: Elon has very many what do you call it? Government? Government contract?
Speaker 13: I think because I don't remember. Maybe y'all heard it, but I don't remember looking for an armored car and I don't remember.
Speaker 7: I don't I don't care what it looks like. I don't remember asking for it. I don't know why I'm paying for it. I want to know.
Speaker 13: When did I say, hey, we need another agency.
Speaker 7: Next to NASA.
Speaker 13: So let's just so, when did we start paying for his stock?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 7: No, you know that he's he's going to be cut.
Speaker 3: Thanks for pet Now, I think we could all do with a musical interlude. Here is a performer and transactivist promoting they their energy and breastbinding.
Speaker 4: The energy, the energy, energy, energy. This is a public service announcement. Anyone dressers outfit.
Speaker 13: This is a swim friend that you receive your show off your binder.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure the binding is working, love, but good luck.
Speaker 7: You know what the.
Speaker 2: Left is really need.
Speaker 7: They are so lost.
Speaker 2: What they really need is some sage words.
Speaker 3: Of advice, and who better to deliver it than Senator John Kennedy from the Great State of Louisiana.
Speaker 14: I've got a lot of friends Democrats, and they want to ask me for advice.
Speaker 9: But if I did, I'd tell them, look, you just got to try harder not to shock.
Speaker 1: I mean, think about.
Speaker 3: It, and there'll be plenty more left these losing it content with My next guest and joining me now is journalist Batiya Unga Sagon. But tire, let's start with the beautiful bromance between the world's most powerful man and the world's richest man who is working for free in President Trump's team at the moment. Here is Elon Musk with the President describing the effects of TDS.
Speaker 7: It is they call it like.
Speaker 10: Trump duration syndrome, And you don't realize how real this is until like it's you can't reason with people. So like I was at a friend's birthday party and allegis birthday dinner and it was like a nice quiet dinner and everything was everyone was behaving normally, and they happen to mention this is before the election, like a month or two before I have to mention the president's name, and it was like they got shot with a dart in the juggular that contained like methamphetamine and rabies.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm like, maybea's attacks against Musk at the moment and their desperation to drive a wedge between him and the President. I've gotta say this is a taxa getting increasingly desperate.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's amazing because they seem to have realized that due to Donald Trump's immense popularity, which only keeps growing as he keeps succeeding at all of the things he promised he was going to do. Has meant that their usual line of attack, you know, Orange Man Hitler, is falling really flat. And so what they've tried to do is simply change the object of their obsessive, insane hadred from Donald Trump to Elon Musk. And unfortunately, there is a lot that Musk is worthy of criticism over. There are big potential conflicts of interest. This is a person who is a defense contractor who is now investigating the Department of Defense. He was himself investigated by the SEC. He is now himself investigating the SEC. He met with Mody, the Prime Minister of India. He's now hiring people in India. There are a lot of problems here. Elon Musk is incredibly close with China, which is the United States's greatest adversary. Their conflict of interest everywhere you look. And yet because the lefties are losing it Rita, nobody is talking about the important things and instead they're out there just screaming and shrieking and braying and doing the same exact stuff they did to Trump, now they're doing it to Elon Musk.
Speaker 3: You are so right, because there are meaningful discussions to be had, investigations to be had about some of what you just described. But no, they're going for the chape easy. He It's just exactly the same tactics and having the same impact. The people have just tuned out except for that tiny audience.
Speaker 2: Let's go to New York now, where.
Speaker 3: Governor Kathy Hockel is considering sacking New York City Mayor Eric Adams after four of his top deputies quit.
Speaker 2: The governor said she would meet.
Speaker 3: With key leaders in Manhattan for a conversation about the path forward. And one of those key leaders appears to be our Sharpton. But t, I'll get your take on why the governor is consulting with a character like Sharpton when making this important call. As for Mayor Adams, well, he had this message for the media.
Speaker 12: Running two questions from the press, running two questions from the press, What are we lying about?
Speaker 7: Exactly?
Speaker 3: Because you're all liars, That's what he said.
Speaker 13: There.
Speaker 3: What's happening in New York and what would happen if Governor Hokel does remove the pop elected may.
Speaker 14: I'll tell you what's gonna happen. Andrew Cuomo will become our next mayor because he said that if Eric Adams hangs on, he's not going to enter the race. But if she pulls Eric Adams, that leaves the lane wide open. And Andrew Cuomo is very clearly, you know, lining up his ducks for a may or a bit. At this point, it seems like the reason she had Al Sharpton and is because she wants to know is there going to be a racial backlash to her, calling her racist if she takes Eric Adams in tell and basically forces him to resign. So she brings in the race Bader in Chief Al Sharpton to say, are you going to cover me if I do this? Or do I have to worry about being sneered for, you know, getting rid of Eric Adams. That's what you saw play out. There was a classic scene of New York City politicking. It will not be the last time that happens.
Speaker 2: That is a pulling.
Speaker 3: If it's that simple, and I think you one hundred percent right, that is just appalling. Of course, the optics are terrible, and if you're from the left side of politics, and Kathy hokul Is and sorr Is mayor Adams. Those accusations are going to come for you because that's the game they play. Everything is seen through that racial filter. Now, I want to ask about this fantastic piece you've written on the entire Justin Baldoni, Blake Lively, the fake me Too scandal. You've argued it signals the death of man bun feminism. Explain to my audience what man bun feminism is in the first place, and how did a man who presented himself and Justin Baldoni is this man who is this new age perfect male feminist. Ally he is now suing a woman who's accused him of sexual harassment.
Speaker 14: So you see the man bun there in full display on your screen. Justin Baldoni literally wrote the book on beta maildom. He wrote a book called Undefining My Masculinity or something like that. He wrote another children's book called Boys Will Be Humans. You know, his whole public persona as a celebrity was an ally of women, and this ended up being a key to his downfall here when Blake Lively, sensing his weakness, started to bully him on the set of his own film, demanding the right to rewrite scenes, demanding the right to have her own edit of the film, and then finally, when she was hit with a ton of negative press when the film came out for the way she was handling herself in some old clips in which she was fat shaming a reporter. She then argued that he had, you know, sexually harassed her in an attempt to launder her image by becoming the victim, she cast herself as the victim of a me too scandal and cast him as the aggressor. Unfortunately, a more beta male you couldn't have found. I mean, he had all of the receipts showing that in every interaction she had had the power and he hadn't. And what I argue in the Free Press piece is that basically this is not just the end of the Me too movement, but it's the end of this kind of man bum bun ally feminism, because what we really see here, Rita, is that the problem with the Me too movement, the problem with Believe all women, is that the relationship between sexuality and power is very, very complicated. It cannot be reduced to just who is the woman and who is the man, and in this case, the man was the one being bullied, the woman being the one bullying him. And when that was revealed, she claimed the victor status and it fell on its face.
Speaker 2: It did.
Speaker 3: It has been such a chamozzle for her. She should have just helped, you know, God on holidays for two weeks and the whole thing would have blown over.
Speaker 2: The film was a dud. Everyone would have forgotten about her.
Speaker 3: But no, she couldn't have any bad publicity because you know, she's a golden girl and she's part of this golden couple. So she comes up with this insane story. The New York Times just prints it. I think New York Times is going to be looking at a massive payout to Justin Baldoni here. And as much as of a beta male he is, and we've we've heard some of the calls he plays to Blake Lively, some of these recorded calls, and oh gosh, it is cringe worthy, just how over the top he is with this male feminist ally narrative.
Speaker 2: But he's got.
Speaker 3: Himself an absolute killer lawyer, and he's going he's not one you want to mess with. He's got a fantastic track record and with each New Revelation, Blake Lively and Ryle Ryan Reynolds ended up looking worse, and I noticed they were both at the special Saturday Night Live anniversary edition of the Playing the Awful skit. Ryan was involved in a little bit later in this show, but also on that program, we had that Tom Hanks skit painting Trump supporters the majority of the country that is as racist and stupid.
Speaker 2: How is that being received in the US?
Speaker 14: Oh, people are so upset about this. You have to understand. The election we just went through was the least racialized election probably in American history. It united working class voters of all races, including a quarter of black men, a historic number for a Republican to have gotten. This is a moment of unbelievable unity among Democratic and Republican voters who are working class because Donald really spoke to them. He basically cobbled together the New Deal Democrat coalition for the twenty first century. But the Democrats refuse to admit that they lost the working class, which in and of itself is utterly outrageous. What the Democratic Party represents today is exactly what was in that skit. An unbelievably wealthy person pretending to himself probably as well, that he is a good person because he can smear poor and working class people as racists to hide the fact that they are rich. I mean, this is the move of the Democrats. The liberals in America today are rich. The Democrats are the party of the wealthy, and they masquerade as having the higher moral high ground, as being somehow more compassionate by smearing poor people.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's.
Speaker 14: Utterly disgusting and everybody can see it. Rita. The backlash has been immense, and people are pretending on the left like this is not a big deal. It is a really big deal. The country is uniting around Donald Trump. They are uniting around this agenda. They are uniting around the strength and the efficiency and just the utter, utter competence on display. It is such a relief. Every day in the last three weeks that he's been president, to two months, whatever it's been, Donald Trump has said to the American people, you are not alone. I'm here, I'm gonna help you. It is an unbelievably amazing thing to be seeing. And I'll just end with this, Rita. This has changed the game for future presidents because we've never seen anybody do this. We've never seen anybody actually do what they promised they were gonna do. We've never seen anybody show up and say to forgotten Americans, I am here and I'm gonna make your life better. This has changed the game going forward, no more going back to whatever the last four years was. But also I would argue even what keen before that.
Speaker 3: It has been an astonishing four weeks that the pace of it has blown I think everybody away, even all those people who believe that Trump would execute his agenda. He was going to do what he promised to do. We didn't think it was going to be keeping up this pace. This is something else before you go. We've talked about the media's tactics against Trump administration, and there is nothing they will not seek to blame on him, including a Delta plane crashing, crash landing in Canada. Thankfully nobody lost their lives. The usual suspects on the View, including Sonny hostin Joey Baha said plenty of silly stuff and whoopee. Goldberg wasn't going to miss out on the ill informed hysteria either.
Speaker 13: I have been panicking of all this insanity these plays, yeah, you know, and.
Speaker 7: There's all kinds of stuff going on.
Speaker 13: So let's start with the string of mass firings by Elon Musk's Doggy Dogy dog Dog.
Speaker 7: Dogie has sparked a lot of chaos, confusion, and fear because.
Speaker 13: Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy is defending the firing of four hundred FAA workers, but former Secretary Bullta Judge slam the firings of employees.
Speaker 2: That's enough of that. Incredible.
Speaker 3: But as we watch this astonishing footage of passengers being rescued from the crash plane, tell me about some of the media hysteria and misinformation about who is to blame for this crash.
Speaker 14: Oh gosh, they try to blame everything on Trump, and then anything good he does they won't give him any credit. It's utterly, utterly disgusting. I'll just say about our Secretary of Transportation Sean Duffy, this is an incredible, incredible human being. Watch closely what he does with that office. He's going to do amazing, amazing things. And again it all comes down to the fact that they cannot admit how incompetent they have become on the left, how utterly divorced from the needs of the average American and this is all just projection.
Speaker 11: Reader.
Speaker 14: Every accusation from the Democrats is a confession. They can't stand the efficiency with which Donald Trump is carrying out the mandate given to him by the American people. It's going to be long four years for them. That's for sure.
Speaker 2: Going to be a long four years. And if JD.
Speaker 3: Vance keeps up his current form, it maybe a long twelve years. Buttiyo Ga Sagon, thanks for your time tonight.
Speaker 14: Thank you so much. Rida God bless still to come.
Speaker 3: Megan Michael's latest rebrand effort goes a ride.
Speaker 2: Dady dun Leavy joins me next. Welcome back. Joining me now is veteran broadcaster d D. Done Lee v DEDI.
Speaker 3: Let's start with the Blake Lively Justin Baldoni saga, which has now entangled Taylor Swift. A sources told Page six that Taylor Swift feels like a pawn in the lawsuit between her bff Blake Lively and Justin Baldoni.
Speaker 2: Taylor is taking a break from their friendship right now.
Speaker 3: The source said, she is really hurt by this whole situation. Taylor wants nothing to do with this Hall ordeal. She has always been a loyal friend to Blake and doesn't appreciate being thrown into this at all.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: If you're a loyal friend, surely you stick by your best friend when she's being absolutely savaged in the media. Because Blake Lively's reputation has gone from Golden Girl to well Megan Marko levels.
Speaker 7: Really that low?
Speaker 1: Gosh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, look, I agree with you.
Speaker 15: When this story first prog, I had no idea who Justin Baldonie was, and was a fan of Gossip Girls, so I sort of and we've just been have been taught to believe people when they make such claims of sexual impropriety. But I have read in detail all of the stuff that's been posted online by Baldoni and you can see the whole thing unfolding from his point of view.
Speaker 7: We don't know that it's all correct.
Speaker 3: But he's got receipts, he's got text messages, he's got audio, he's got.
Speaker 15: We don't know have the are they the genuine texts? Have the screenshot's been edited?
Speaker 3: We don't know that it's his version, But that Blake Lively side went first, so they released a bunch of texts when The New York Times ran the story that were edited, so he released his to show how those were edited, how they were sort of taken out of context. And we haven't seen the other side response, so yeah, perhaps they.
Speaker 2: Will in court.
Speaker 15: The impression that I was left with reading through it was that he was falling on himself to please her.
Speaker 7: And I can't remember her.
Speaker 15: It was I heard someone saying that she and the way she started to exert herself on that production was well above what she was employed to do. It would be like if your plumber was there and fix the pipe and then popped out and said, now, what are we doing about the colors of these walls? And what are we doing with that so far? You know, she absolutely overstepped what she was there for.
Speaker 3: And her version of the film, her cut, tested not as well as his cut, and he was the director, and yet it was the one that got that got the release. Use again, she's got the star power, But.
Speaker 15: I never thought I would be cheering for Taylor's with anything. I don't agree with her on most things she says, but she's a bad friend though.
Speaker 3: I mean, at the end of the day, even if Blake is a brash you're supposed to be her friend.
Speaker 4: Stick with her.
Speaker 15: I don't think so, not when there's a multimillion dollar lawsuit brewing. I think Taylor's done something smart in this instance. It's backing away from the whole thing because they're on the nose.
Speaker 3: That couple.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely well.
Speaker 3: They were at the Saturday Night Live fiftieth anniversary day made their red carpet appearance. I think it was the first one they've had since this whole saga began with Justin Baldoni and that lawsuit was launched. But have a look at this rather embarrassing little skit that Ryan Reynolds was involved with, and you can see Blake Lively sitting next to him.
Speaker 7: How's it going great?
Speaker 1: Bye? What have you heard? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 14: My question is that you know that the materials that they made the cone heads with are those are those edible?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 8: And based on them being made in nineteen seventy five, I'd assume that they're highly toxic.
Speaker 14: Oh oh, okay, So somebody hypothetically took a couple of.
Speaker 7: Nables backstage and got excited. Should they go to the hospital or should they.
Speaker 8: Yes, they should go to the hospital right away.
Speaker 3: Good Saturday Night Live supposed to be a comedy showman Get me in Italy, Breda.
Speaker 2: I need to stitch up my sides.
Speaker 3: Every bit I've seen out of that special has just been more cringe worthy than the next.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's going to help them in.
Speaker 7: I don't think so.
Speaker 15: No build there and the face on her she did not seem happy with that.
Speaker 2: And maybe she read the skit and knew how badly.
Speaker 15: Was so she knew what was going, what was coming. Their people worked with the producers of Saturday Night Life on that joke, so she knew it was coming. So is she acting when she looks shocked?
Speaker 7: She probably is.
Speaker 15: She's not such a great actress.
Speaker 3: We've mentioned Meghan Markle, and she's been forced to change the name of her lifestyle brand from American Riviera Orchard.
Speaker 2: Why that's such a great name, just rolls off the time.
Speaker 3: It's now called as Ever, following a series of trademarks setbacks, including just this station laughing at it incessantly.
Speaker 2: But now Meghan is under fire over.
Speaker 3: The new logo for as Ever. She has been accused of copy the coat of arms for the village of Where in Majorca. On the left is her logo, and on the right is the villagers. So compare your Yeah, they're pretty similar, I guess. The mayor of that town told the local newspaper the likeness was surreal and that the town hall was deciding whether or not to take legal action against the duchess.
Speaker 2: I laughed, because it's ridiculous. But can she do anything right?
Speaker 3: I mean, this ridiculous brand was launched with this absurd name that I've had so much fun with, and she's managed to sell about three jars of strawberry jam that seems to be the entirety of the business.
Speaker 15: I don't think she sold any she gave them away.
Speaker 7: And that was twelve months ago. We've been waiting for the jam.
Speaker 15: We've been promised more jam readers, and don't stress, it's coming. Yeah, look at the logo, I think, look at it.
Speaker 7: The town is Pereirees. I've never been there.
Speaker 15: It's only tiny, and I think they're only jumping on this for the publicity of it. But the logos are incredibly similar, so she can't do anything original at all. And even this much vaunted Netflix show where she's going to put a walnut next to a slice of melon, next to a slice of cheese or whatever she's going to.
Speaker 7: Do that will not be original.
Speaker 15: We know from her, I keep seeing this new brand as ever dropped the A and you've just got sever and she knows a lot about severing things, doesn't she relationships.
Speaker 3: With There is a great name actually that's strong. Should have gone with that, and yes she knows all about it. Before you go, just quickly, there's been another development in Elon Musk's latest baby mama drama. Do you love saying that now the Ashley Sinclair she's supposed to be the latest baby mama, has made Musk's baby news. He hasn't really owned up to this, so we're saying alleged Musk baby and she's now saying that he's essentially ghosted her, disappeared.
Speaker 15: From her life, purely not Something doesn't add up with this whole scenario. Firstly, she said she went public because there was a tabloid journal snipping around.
Speaker 7: Where's the journal?
Speaker 15: Where's the tabloid story? If you were the journo who was onto that story, you'd be telling everyone that was me. I was onto it exactly. He's been, from what we can tell, in his own unique way, a responsible father with all twelve of his children so far, so for him to not even acknowledge there does seem to be something not quite right with this entire story. So maybe he's asking for a paternity test.
Speaker 3: When you're worth whatever he is worth. I don't know, three four hundred billion. Probably a paternity test is a good idea. Yeah, Dummley, thank you, so spend your time, and that's all the time we have. I'll see you tomorrow night at eleven up. Next is Newsnight.