Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gaddiical Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining.
Speaker 2: Us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 1: I'm Britney Saunders and I'm all right hey.
Speaker 2: And this is High Scrollers, the podcast version of your favorite group chat.
Speaker 1: If it's trending, going viral or has your gripped, we're.
Speaker 2: Talking about it coming up on this episode. Oh to find one Dhal, It's a good one for you. This week we are talking all things Olympics. Got a lot of opinions about the Olympics and an Australian icon has actually disappointed me so much this week that I have had to bend the rules of this podcast and do something I've never done before.
Speaker 1: Plus we're off for a very exciting award and it's got me thinking back to winning awards in my talent quests in primary school. And Matt, can I take a trip down memory lane?
Speaker 2: And there's a brand new reality show coming to Australia. We've got some thoughts and I spilled some secrets on the time that I filmed a reality show that has never seen the light of day. All that and more coming up on this episode of High Scrollers. Deal me in doll. Let's go.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Matthew.
Speaker 2: Hey, how are you?
Speaker 1: You just like cringed?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I always do when you say good morning. I don't know why, I just as I always say. It's a strange way to start a podcast. But I'll let you do whatever you'd like.
Speaker 1: Well, we can change it. What would you like to do instead? Now?
Speaker 2: Can't be bothered?
Speaker 1: Say good morning everyone, afternoon, evening, whatever time it is said.
Speaker 2: We are so excited because we've been nominated for a bloody award.
Speaker 1: We've been nominated for an Aria an Aria.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I heard that episode of us singing about dog poo and they went, well, give them the gold Logie. We are a finalist in the Radio Today Podcast Awards in the Society and Culture. What do you call that category?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, category.
Speaker 2: But we're also we're campaigning for the People's Choice Award in general because look, honestly, I've got no idea how it works. I've ever been nominated for anything in my life, and it is just an honor just to be nominated.
Speaker 1: Exactly right. But we're not even nominated. We're a finalist. I feel like that sounds better. Yeah, we're already there, like we're finalists.
Speaker 2: No, you're right, that does sound Yeah. It's all about how your word things, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly right. And because you're listening to this episode, you have signed a contract to say that you're going to go and vote for us, because like there's a people's choice vote that needs to be done by every single one of you, and.
Speaker 2: It needs to be done this week and try's closed, I think, but at the end of this week. So this is the only episode we can promote it in. So the link will be in the show notes for you scrollers, please go and at some point today and.
Speaker 1: It's in an alphabetical lord, right, you have to scroll down to so siting culture and then fine high strollers. Yes, So if you could all do that, we really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And there's only all you need is a name and an email, and if you're someone like me who has seven emails.
Speaker 1: Just put any email on there. I also like that your thing that you said in your what's your chat called Darsdals.
Speaker 2: Yes, my broadcast channel on Insta.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you said if people have multiple emails that you wouldn't be mad if they like voted a couple of times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, exactly. Although there was a I got nominated or I sorry I was. I don't know what the terminology is, but I was up for an actor award a few years ago and I got on my stories and tell people to do that, and I think I was literally disqualified.
Speaker 1: So I didn't say that.
Speaker 2: Only allegedly, Yeah, allegedly allegedly, so we we're not telling you to do that. But also, if I had multiple emails, it may or may not be something that I would do to help out my favorite podcast. You know, but who knows.
Speaker 1: Have you ever won anything?
Speaker 2: I have never won any like awards when it's come to my work, like social media and stuff. Never been up for anything.
Speaker 1: I think, so about time, I feel like I feel like I both vote an award. I know, I know all of the hard work.
Speaker 2: I was just hoping for one of the like a legacy award or something at this point, you know, you know, when they just give someone an award for being in the industry for so low like long.
Speaker 1: Service leave kind of vibes. But in the creator world, yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Have you ever won anything?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Well, good chat?
Speaker 1: No the most Well, okay, I'm got to give myself one little shout out as well, because I'm also nominated for an ACRA and what you just said reminded me. I'm nominated for an ACRA Award, which is like the Arias of the podcast and radio world, and I'm nominated for Best Talent. The only thing that I have best New Talent, me best talent, best new talent because I'm new. But the only thing that I have won in my life was my school talent quests.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, talent quests, Yeah, surely, but anyone could enter and you just basically did whatever you want it if you had like a special skill or you were a dancer or singer or whatever. Yep, yeah, I did a few of those as well. What did you do in yours?
Speaker 1: Well, I did dancing when I was in school. So I did dancing, and I did like solos, and then I did like group dance as well. But I had that much fucking confidence that I would then get up in front of the whole school and do either my solo like in front of the whole fucking school. Or I even did like our group dance in front of our school, and I so vividly remember one year we danced to Cartoon Heroes by Aqua we are the cartoon here? Do you know that's song? Yes, it's a fucking banger, by the way, and if you haven't listened.
Speaker 2: To it, and the same with younger boys, yes.
Speaker 1: And so I did our Cartoon Heroes dance and I had like a capon and like a leotard. But because it was a group dance like with you know, thirty kids or whatever, there was like one instrumental bit where it wasn't my part, like, and so I did this whole like three four minute routine in front of my school, but for about thirty to forty seconds there's this instrumental part in the song where I was crouched down and like the rest of the group was dancing. So I remember just staying crouched down for like thirty to forty seconds in front of my whole school. And they why, you wonder why because it was a dance from my dance school with like thirty other kids, but I performed it by myself. Does that make sense.
Speaker 2: Wait, so you've done You've done the group dance, yes, and in the little solo bit where you should be dancing, you've gone, I'm just gonna crouch out.
Speaker 1: No, because that wasn't my part in the big group dance. So I stayed like crouch down in a little ball. And there's this part of the song and it was where all these other people danced. Because that wasn't my part. I just stayed crouched and it's like thirty to forty seconds, and then I got off again. It kept going like, why didn't I just improvise in that thirty seconds?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: I stayed fucking crowd just like.
Speaker 2: Walk off stage for a second.
Speaker 1: I stayed fucking crouched down because that wasn't my part.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that is so funny.
Speaker 1: But yeah, pretty sure. I took that one out. And you know what, I don't think I've ever lost the confidence ever since.
Speaker 2: Then. Wow, I think that.
Speaker 1: That was my confidence build up. The question teachers didn't go, are you all right? I crouched down?
Speaker 2: Hit.
Speaker 1: I want to show you the position that I did.
Speaker 2: Okay, she's showing me the position. She looks like she's about to start a running race. I did Talent Quest as well twice and I won both times. So the first time it was a little group performance with me and three or four friends in year three and we did a live rendition of the Wiggles to Chugger Chuggerrand Car. But we because me and my friends back then in primary school we used to just like make up songs and it was funny. Anyway. The point is we got a little group together, we thought let's do the Talent Quest. We did two too, and when we went to to we went Chugger Chugger and lifted out tits like It's hard to explain on a podcast, but we had our We had our school uniforms as well, tucked into our shirts. You know how you used to as a kid put your shirt around and make it into a bikini and you tuck it into itself, so you did.
Speaker 1: You had your tops like that.
Speaker 2: You had our tops like that in front of the whole school going to Chuger Chugger, lifting our tits up big Red Car. And then we did like hot Potato and I don't know, we'll just row and shit at each other on stage. We ended up winning, right, So then that gave me the confidence to do it the next year. Yeah, which then I decided to do Let's go above and beyond, and I decided to perform Don't Funk with My Heart, No No, by the Black Eyed Peas, and I decided to break dance.
Speaker 1: Fuck. I tell you what I wish that our parents, like I know, when we were kids, like some parents had video cameras, those old school things. But the thing that I'm most jealous of is like the kids that are growing up now, their parents are obviously got iPhones, everything's being videoed. Y. I would love to fucking look back on our talent quest and see us doing this embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Shit like I'd never break danced before in my life. I just I literally just put a bike helmet on and got on stage and started spinning on my head the best cycle to Don't Funk with My Heart for the full four and a half minutes.
Speaker 1: So all of you teachers out there, for all of your teachers out there, what I want to know is do talent quest still happen, And as the teachers do, you just pisce yourself the whole time, because here I was thinking talent quests were real, legit, like we were great talent and what we were doing was amazing. But surely it's just like a laughing stock for the teachers. Ply surely they're just pissing at you, spinning around on your head, Like why did I do that?
Speaker 2: Like? What in me made me go? You know what? I'm going to break down because.
Speaker 1: I feel like back then, as kids, we didn't have any fears of judgment.
Speaker 2: Yes, so true.
Speaker 1: We just had full confidence get up in front of the school, make a fool of ourselves.
Speaker 2: So true.
Speaker 1: We still do that online now though.
Speaker 2: So if you were to go into a talent quest today, what would your skill be? Like? Would you go tap dancing or what?
Speaker 1: See? Like I would want to say, yeah, but that's like embarrassing, right, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because now I've got that fear of embarrassment to go in a talent quest. Yeah, Like, yeah, I would want to say, would be tap dancing, But I feel like I'd have to do something more socially cool. What would you do like a comedy.
Speaker 2: As an Australian I meant to say as an adult.
Speaker 1: Or no, Now, if you had to go in one today.
Speaker 2: Today as me, I probably do drag. I think that people away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, be embarrassed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fair, fair, my god, Oh do you reckon when you have a child, you'll be putting them in I would put them in Bub's idol, In Bubb's idol. Yeah, my god. Remember that episode of kathin Kim everyone where Kim puts Epony, Raylene, Charlene, Cathleene, Charline, Day, Craig in Bub's idol. That's probably one of the best episodes of and Kim. Ever, if I'm honest.
Speaker 1: The nostalgia of seeing the shopping center as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, And you know what's so exciting when I was in Melbourne a few weeks ago is like driving past Fountain Gate and actually knowing it's like a real shopping center.
Speaker 1: See they knocked down the Kath and Kim house and now it's this big modern thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, how dare they? Like in what world? Was that a good idea? Because they could have like heritage listed that surely they could have.
Speaker 1: I would have came into a museum, right exactly. People would pay to go and walk through that house in an original condition.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure they did. When it was announced they were going to knock it down, they were like this is your last chance to come and see it, And you could pay and buy a ticket and walk through the house and take all the photos in the original you know, for seeing and that would have been so amazing to do. But yeah, if I owned that house, there's no way. It's like, I feel like we've spoken about this before. That lady who owns the Breaking Bad House, you know, the show Breaking Bad. Yeah, well the house that it's filmed at. There's just a regular lady who lives the same with Sarah Jessica Parkers, like Carrie Bradshaw's apartment in New York City, Like you live in the apartment where the show is filmed, Like you have bought that house, surely you know what you're signing up for. But then they get angry for people, like for fans coming and taking photos and like when I went to the Sex and the City steps in New York City, like it's all blocked off. It's like, do not trespass. This will be prosecuted, blah blah. But I'm like, then, don't buy the fucking apartment, your wanker, Like, go live somewhere else, like if you're buying the Breaking Bad House. And then she throws stuff at people and yells at people who come and take photos of the house, and it's like, but you've chosen to live there. Sorry.
Speaker 1: I feel the same about people that choose to live in like a area that has lots of pubs or something, or like a pub across the road, and then they fucking complain about noise. Yeah, like you're living across the road from a really busy pub.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: For people that live in town and just complain about like the noise from the bars and restaurants, yeah, exactly. Leaving above restaurants, Yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Live above a nightclub and then all you do is complain about the noise from the night club. It's like, live somewhere else. I know we're in a housing crisis, and I know it's not that easy, but no, but what I'm saying is like, I think the breaking bad houses a little bit different. I don't think that lady's just renting. I think if and I think if she was renting, it would be much easier to move, surely, But I don't know. I'm so with you on that. Maybe we're the minority there, but but I'm like, I'm sorry, sorry, I've just done it again. Go ahead now say one last thing.
Speaker 1: Speaking of complaining, are people complaining neighbors? Oh yeah, we spoke about in the bonus episode, like my neighbors at the moment, they had another dig at aj literally just a couple of days ago. We got out the car at the front and I just like, hey, go mate, and he's like, yeah, i'd be verify. I got some sleep.
Speaker 2: Ah, get over.
Speaker 1: They heard the episode for sure.
Speaker 2: My god, can't wait to hear all the updates on your neighbors from hell. And make sure you go and listen to our close friend's episode if you haven't heard that, because it is a banger.
Speaker 1: Well let's get onto our royal flush of the week. But my royal flush, I mean it's I'm bending the rules as always. This is not something I saw on the internet, but it's something that I've posted about a lot on the internet. As you all know, I am obsessed with pink V Refresh. Oh yeah, this is not sponsored at all, but I'm still waiting for a sponsorship from V. But pink V sent us a custom pink V fridge and filled it to the brim and it's in our warehouse.
Speaker 2: You're joken, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Pink like the whole thing. We're obviously going to make keeps of content about it. So that's my royal flush. Not that it has come from the internet, but it has because I've posted about pink V enough that they have sent us our own pink V fridge.
Speaker 2: I'm so jealous.
Speaker 1: And apparently I don't. Apparently I was meant to and I forgot because they come out with a new purple flavor yet to try, but apparently they're going to keep refilling.
Speaker 2: It for us. Ah. Well, I'm getting a job at Fate. Like seriously, every time I go to Corles to do the groceries, I check because sometimes to give you if you do love the pink fee like we do. They have the little four packs now, they're like eleven or something dollars. Usually they go and sale so often half price get them for five fifty So four of them for five fifties. What do the math? Someone? That's what a dollar fifty ish for one can?
Speaker 1: It's basically fruit.
Speaker 2: That's a steal. They're the little mini cans. But that's all I need. I can't do the big cans.
Speaker 1: The only reason why I drink a big can is like if i'm having to drink of anything, I want it to last as long as it can. Like if I drink the little Mini two hundred and fifty mil one, it's like three SIPs and it's gone. Yeah, Well, I want to like savor it and like sip on it for an hour. That's the only reason why I like the big one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fair, I actually drink it for the energy. So that's it's where we're different. You're just drinking for fun.
Speaker 1: Same if I get like fast food, I always get the large because I want, like the coke at the end to last. Yeah, applies for v I want it to laugh.
Speaker 2: Because you need the large when you get fast food because youve got to have a couple sits beforehand, then sit dur ring. Then you've got to enjoy it afterwards as well.
Speaker 1: That's a good question. Actually, in what order do you eat, Like, let's say you're getting fries, burger, drink. What is your method?
Speaker 2: Always have a sip, first zip of the drink, a couple of chips obviously because they're easy to get in, Yeah, and then burger and then back to chips to finish.
Speaker 1: Would say, I'm just saying, yeah, I'm the same do you, reckon? That's the way everyone does.
Speaker 2: It, surely, Like who eats all of their chips and then finishes with a burger? That is psychotic?
Speaker 1: But what if you also got some nuggets?
Speaker 2: Like, what have you got? Burger?
Speaker 1: Nuggets, chips and a drink?
Speaker 2: Nuggets are between burger and drink? Okay, yeah, because nuggets aren't a priority to me, you know what I mean? Yeah, not a priority. I feel nuggets are really nice. I'm also one of those gross people who will just stack the burger with nuggets and chips as well and just make it one big bonanza.
Speaker 1: Of See, I've never tried chips on a burger. You I've never You've never put never put chips on a.
Speaker 2: Burg I'm getting up the delivery app, so we've got to.
Speaker 1: I can imagine it's good your jargon. I've just never tried to see everyone doing all the time. It's never tried it.
Speaker 2: Random little tidbit for you. Eat your burger's upside down, you reckon, It's been kidding, I'm not even kidding.
Speaker 1: It changes everything because is the meat on the top normally.
Speaker 2: No, the meat is usually on the bottom. Okay, so if you flip it upside down, then the meat's on the top right, So letting you all know that eating your burger's upside down. I don't know what it does. Well, I do know what it does. I've read about it before. It's the same as like cutting a sandwich diagonally as opposed to straight across. Apparently it distributes the flavors more evenly if it's diagonally or something stupid, and they hit your taste buds differently. So turning the burger upside down means that the flavors hit your taste buds in a different way, giving you a different experience. So maybe some people might not like it as much, but god, I just eat all my burger's upside down and I wouldn't have it any other way. No matter where it's from, it's always upside down.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try it.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, Well, I have a reverse.
Speaker 1: Why can't we talk?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I'm really struggling today, and look, I have a reverse royal flush for you. So I'm breaking the rules as well, because you do it every bloody week and I try and stick. I'm a rule follower, but this week I saw something that I couldn't let slip, and I wanted to talk about it in this episode, but I didn't know where I'd be able to put it. So I thought I'd do it in my Royal flush, but flip it on its head and call it a reverse Royal flush, which means, this is the worst thing I've seen on the Internet this week, and that is none other than miss Nicki Webster. Shout out to Nicki Webster, friend of the podcast. Hello, Darlan, how are you? My god love? Nicki Webster? Did you know I went to the Sydney judous An opening ceremony with my dad and I'm pretty sure, well the tickets that dad got, which this is back in obviously two thousand, so you know, inflation, baby, inflation. But back then, I'm pretty sure he told me that the tickets cost three thousand dollars together to go to the Olympics. Yeah, so they were fifteen hundred dollars each. But that's back into two thousand, So now I don't know how much that would be with inflation, but they'd be so much more expensive. Yeah, to like sit in the stadium was so well, you can imagine everyone in the world like who cares about the Olympics. Wants to go.
Speaker 1: I learned something about the Olympics last night. I've obviously never been. But what I didn't know is I was watching my friend's story on Instagram, who's currently over like to watch some of the Olympics. I didn't realize that all the games aren't like close to each other. Yeah, like they are hours in different directions. Yeah, I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: The most obvious one for me is the is the surfing obviously that but what surfing in France? No, I get that.
Speaker 1: But like he was going to watch the soccer, yeah, and he's like, I'm going to watch the soccer today, but he didn't realize it's a four hour drive like out of that area in somewhere completely different. And then he was on his story saying what the fuck because he was like me and a student was all kind of in one city or something.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah for the moment, like because you look at Sydney, well we have Olympic Park.
Speaker 1: No, but then he asked on his story like am I dumb? Or we're all all the Olympics like this, And then people were saying apparently when we did have the Olympics here, like yeah, it was in Sydney, but then there were some games in Brisbane.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: I thought it was all in one spot. No, you learn something new every day.
Speaker 2: I know it was spread out, but maybe I didn't know it was spread out to that extent like four hour drive. Yes, yeah, no, I do remember there being Brisbane things and whatnot, and yeah.
Speaker 1: There you go. I thought it was all in one fucking spot.
Speaker 2: Can I just say something with my whole chest right now? Yeah, I couldn't give a fuck about the Olympics, sorry, like, and you know what it's It makes me feel like a shit person, Like I like, I look at myself and I go, am I an asshole for not giving a shit about? But I'm being honest with you. I can't think of anything worse than sitting down and giving a shit about the Olympics. Now. The opening closing ceremonies, sure, camp fun, oh my god, lovely love it, But the actual I couldn't give a shit how many gold medals Australia wins. Couldn't give a shit who takes out the crown or whatever happens. I don't care about watching any of the well, I mean, although I do love the ribbon twirling. I will say the ribbon towiling no, because that's been coming up there.
Speaker 1: Like looks so fucking easy.
Speaker 2: It's been coming up on the for you page. The ribbon twirling. It's actually so much more than just standing there and twirling a ribbon. They've got full choreographed dance routines where they're catching the stick in between their legs as they do a cartwheel. Like it's insane how good the ribbon twirlers are and just so like majestic to watch. So I do love that. And obviously I love the diving. I mean, hello, the men's diving specifically, Oh, I can't get enough of that. Shout out to friend of the friend of the show, Tom Daily, I mean, and thank you Tom Daily. For me is like the zac Efron how as he gets older he like grows his time daily. Oh I don't have the time, darling, who is it? Get up a photo for we go Google girl please. But he's a diver from the UK and anyway, he's just really hot and he's gay. And basically when I was younger and he was younger, he was like my crush. And then as he's gotten older, he's like retained, like the way that my taste is changing, if that makes sense. Similar to zac Efron, like when we were young, like he was like so hot.
Speaker 1: And oh yeah there's him when he was a child, and I can get how you would have a little crush on him when you were a kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then then he came out as gay and I was like, well, this is my moment, and it's my moment. And of course that hasn't worked out, but that's fine, very happy regardless. But yeah, I love the men's dart. Oh look at all these photos on Google. I mean, Brittany, I mean hello, not that one I'm getting look at that. Oh oh.
Speaker 1: I have a lot of respect for people who's brought around like I'm like chiseled like that. Yeah, Like what kind of life are you living where you can be like sculpted?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What kind of diety are you doing? What is your fucking workout routine? Like how do people have bodies that are literally chiseled?
Speaker 2: I don't know. We don't have the time to go in. Sorry, Okay, We're gonna have to get rid of this off Google because I'm distracted by tom Day.
Speaker 1: Now that's his husband.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which I mean lovely happy for them, but I think you know, he would have been better off with me anyway. No, so anyway, when was when was I going with this?
Speaker 1: You don't give a fuck about the elders, I don't.
Speaker 2: Give a fuck about the lyemenities, and like and it sport is your passion. I love that for you. And if you I'm so happy that you are so proud and you've worked your whole life to get there, like, oh, command, I commend you for that. Like I'm not saying that. I don't want you to twist my words. Yeah, but I couldn't give a fuck about the Olympics. I couldn't unless it's Lady Gaga, which whose performance was top tier just so fun that Remember how I've had to explain what camp is on the podcast before. Lady Gaga's performance at the Paris opening ceremony was the definition of camp.
Speaker 1: When I saw it, I didn't watch it because obviously it was at like two am or whatever, but then I woke up and saw all bits of it. As soon as I saw it, all I thought, Matt is going to say, this is so camp, And then I said to AJ, this is Camp's like what's that camping? But I knew as soon as I saw it all We'll tell you. I did see a lot of people saying, and there was speculation, you know, how they did the can can dance, the Mulan rouge dances, and how they were all out of time. Yes, And then I saw people on Reddit they reckon it was like a sound issue and that they all couldn't hear.
Speaker 2: No, I know the answer. What So I saw a video from one of the dances on TikTok so Yes, if you didn't see they were doing the can can, but everyone was out of time. People weren't lifting their legs all the way up.
Speaker 1: These are the more one rouge dances, Like they shut the mull On rouge to do this dance.
Speaker 2: So it was raining and the ground was so slippery that if they kicked higher, they may have fallen out from underneath themselves. So they didn't want to slip over because one of Lady Gaga's dances slipped over. Yeah, So they looked atro shous.
Speaker 1: They looked like they were all freaking out.
Speaker 2: Out of time. It looked like a first rehearsal and none of them had ever met before. It was it was a mess. It was a mess.
Speaker 1: Oh, they would have felt so bad. I feel bad for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel bad for them too. But then they explained that the ground was so wet that they couldn't do their high kicks because if they, they would have had a moment like me in your house, baby.
Speaker 1: Smack bang through the floor.
Speaker 2: They winded themselves, landed on the car and all the fake samples in the garage.
Speaker 1: I feel bad for them. Surely they should have had like a backup routine if the ground was wet, Like were they not looking at the fucking weather?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Then I've done more like a one where their legs don't leave the ground is off it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And you know what else? Was camp Celene Dion performing on the Eiffel Tower.
Speaker 1: I know that is that was very emotional.
Speaker 2: Oh, one of the most incredible things I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've really went all out, Like what the fuck here? I was picturing it in one stadium and it's just like all the teams walking through. Yeah, it's like across the whole city. Yeah, how did they orchestrate that?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I well, I love that. I didn't really watch too closely obviously, but were all the countries. They were all going down the like river what's it called in like a boat seen sign or something? Yeah, I don't know, but they were all going down. I really loved that aspect of it. Yeah, I think you just do what you what you can with.
Speaker 1: What they have rehearsed that like, how do you rehearse something that big?
Speaker 2: I did see Lady Gaga rehearsals for Oh. I guess individual performances were rehearsed, but maybe like the thing as the whole probably wasn't. But yeah, I think it was just one of the most chaotic and random and full of opening ceremonies I think ever. But that's France, isn't it so full on? So wild? But anyway, this is my reverse royal flush and we're meant to be talking about Nicki Webstu. I've gone on a huge tangent here people. Nicki Webster, Right, she's my reverse Royal flush of the week. Worst thing I've seen on the internet. Poor thing. I feel bad because she's a national treasure, isn't she She's a national treasure? Obviously, that's what I was saying. I got to see her actually do her, you know, big performance at the Sydney two thousand Olympics opening ceremony. I got to see that in person. I will never forget, Like in my brain, I can so clearly picture me sitting in that stadium and seeing her fly around the stadium on those strings. And of course, as like I think I was like five at the time or something like that, I was like, you know, I didn't know she was on strings. I just thought she was flying, you know, so magical, absolutely magical, beautiful Central Coast girl. I'm pretty sure she got dance studio up there. I'm pretty sure. Yeah, I think so. And I used to see her at a Air and a Coles all the time doing a shopping when I was living up there. But anyway, that's beyond the point. I'm trying to just buffer this and say, Nicki Webster, I actually love you. You're gorgeous, But what the fuck was that performance on play School or whatever you were doing earlier this week? I mean, she sung absolutely everybody with like a choir of some sort. If you, producer, Hannah, will we be able to play some of the some of it, just so our scrollers can really get the vibe.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, absolutely absolutely everybody and every girl. Absolutely everybody, absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, Look, it's not so much like the voice, Like the voice is not what I'm talking about. It's just the entire ensemble in general. First of all, I feel like the orchestra because it sounds live, like like like a bit out of time. They're a bit out of time. She's a bit fast, then she's a bit slow, then the choir is a bit off. Then Big Ted and Humpty Dumpty aren't looking RADI yeah, like the camera cuts to them. What are they doing? They're not putting any effity.
Speaker 1: In either's Oh there's Little Ted and Humpty and Big Ted.
Speaker 2: They're just sitting there, not pulling their way there. They're pathetic, up pathetic.
Speaker 1: What's the cat's name?
Speaker 2: I can't remember. Most everyone just looks like they've been forced at gunpoint to stand there and see this bloody song. And Nicky Webbs is doing her best. But my god, I just actually watched it.
Speaker 1: Just strawberry kisses, like it would make more sense from high school.
Speaker 2: It's the Olympics, babe.
Speaker 1: Yeah fuck so Vanessa Adam Rossie, if they're going to sing that.
Speaker 2: Song, well yeah so, I think absolutely everybody was like the Olympic anthem of Sydney, so this week beating the Olympics. I think Vanessa's over in La Did you know? Fun fact four you is a fun fact for you everyone. I was actually when I remember I was doing my Driving With series, we actually contacted Vanessa and Rossi to do driving with and she, or at least her team was soon on board to do it, and we almost had it, and then the dates wouldn't like line up, and she really wasn't gonna cost that much either for us to have her on the Australian She is Australian, but she lives well at the time, she was La based. I'm pretty sure. I'm sure I've told this before as well. But we also had Kylie Minogue's team on board, but then that didn't never eventuate it either, and that was going to cust a lot more money. But I was like Weakarli and Ogue in the series. But yeah, that second one that we did, because remember that was like a sponsored thing, so we were like, well, we've got this budget, let's let's go hard or go home. We asked everyone. Kyle san Lance he turned me down straight away.
Speaker 1: A good thing.
Speaker 2: Um, Oh, we tried him for Drag It Out as well as well as Kyl Stefanovic. Both of them nil interest in being in drag They were like, no way. So yeah, we almost had Vanessa am Rossi but that didn't work out. But that's okay. Maybe next time I'll ask Nicki Webster, I'll just say I'll just say no singing car, no bloody love her. I feel bad, but like bloody love her. But I just was like, that's gotta be the worst thing. And I mean the comments, you can imagine, poor thing.
Speaker 1: What are some of the comments. I've got it here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just have a look please, Like one is, why.
Speaker 1: Didn't they just get Vanessa ame Rossi to sing it? This is giving drunken karaoke song.
Speaker 2: Along sing along?
Speaker 1: I think that yah that says song along. Someone said, oh dear. A lot of comments saying it's giving karaoke. It's giving karaoke like when you've had ten drinks at the pub, like that's what it's giving. And then the toys are there, like it's just.
Speaker 2: It's a lot. Jemima, where's Jami? That's conspiracy theory. Jemima's where's Jemima place? I want her Nikki kicked Jemima out to sing this bloody song.
Speaker 1: I love them. I remember the toys from fucking play School, and I wonder if they're the original toys or if they've had to like replace them over the years.
Speaker 2: Surely replaced.
Speaker 1: The original ones are like I think someone had I.
Speaker 2: Think they're they're there, but they're just like not on set.
Speaker 1: There's a bear in there and there are people with you.
Speaker 2: Wow, what a banger. And I always chose. I always chose the arch window. Yeah, that was mate, because you know what, everything else was a bit plain.
Speaker 1: I had to go the different one.
Speaker 2: I had to go the different one. I had to go the gay one. The arch window is arguably the l G B t Q I A plus icon of play School.
Speaker 1: Pretty sure what else? Little too? I worked out that you could tell what one it was going to be. I don't remember exactly how, but I remember figuring out the formula and knowing what it was going to be. Really yeah, but I don't remember now because I haven't watched it forever, but I think I could always tell depending on something that happened. I think I used to always want to pick the diamond.
Speaker 2: One, the diamond one, yeah, I don't remember a diamond. One.
Speaker 1: Wasn't it square round arch diamond?
Speaker 2: I swear I think there were only three.
Speaker 1: No, there was definitely a diamond.
Speaker 2: I swear is this a Mandela effect? Because I don't think there was a diamond. There was a clock with a slide as well. Do you remember that there was a clock and it had a slide.
Speaker 1: And the clock would go round and would something come down? Something you'd come down, like a prison, a prize.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember so many things from play School?
Speaker 2: What else? See? Nony was my Iconni and Monica as well, and Simon. My my mum made us. Back in the day, they had this like kids like big festival sort of where like Nickelodeon Stars and play School stars and everything. It was like Comic Con but for kids shows. And my mum took me and we lined up for ours to just meet Monica And by the time we got there, I was so excited to see Monica from play School. By the time we got there, I was asleep in the pram and my mom was like, I'm not whacking it up. So there's just a photo of me asleep next to Monica and she's crashed down next to the frame smiling and I'm just fast asleep in the pram oussie culture. What a vibe? What if vibe? Well?
Speaker 1: In reality TV news, there's a new reality TV show coming to Australia, And every time I hear those words, I shudder, Yeah, because I feel like Australia never gets it right with every fucking reality show. Noah offense and.
Speaker 2: I don't understand why.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is. Are we not dramatic enough to have a good reality show? But I feel like every time I watched a UK or an American reality show, which, by the way, I've been watching Selling the OC and I'm getting more and more into that whole series, like it's gotten me hooked.
Speaker 2: After which you're going to rebrand to a real estate agent. I reckon, because this is what you do. You find something that you like, then you just watch all the things about then you research it more and suddenly you've got your own property real estate grew Yeah, yeah, watch this space.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I've been watching that and they're just the drama is just on another level, almost to the point where it seems like a joke. Like the way that they argue. I can't ever see Ossie's doing that. Ages ago we spoke about how I couldn't see Australians ever doing Love is Blind because I think we're too laid back to ever do something like that. So maybe that's why Ozzie. Reality shows just are never the same, because maybe it's our laid backness, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is that why? For any of you who haven't seen it, the show is called Maide in Bondye, so it's like The Maid in Chelsea, those kinds of shows essentially just like hot People of BONDI. I don't know what they're going to be doing. I've never watched Made in Chelsea, have you? No? Is it just following their lives and them going out for dinner and drinks and parties and events.
Speaker 2: I think, well, I'm going to assume so, because I've never really watched it. The only one I've watched that similar is the only way is Essex, which is almost a little worse because it's like half scripted, so they it's meant to be real, but also some things are very which I don't know if that's a UK thing where they have to like just disclose that it's not say that it's not yea. At the start of the episode, it's like some of these there's a discus, right, I don't know what it says, but it comes up and it says like this is this is a partly a work of fiction and also truth as well.
Speaker 1: It might be a UK law that they have to stay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe so not like you know, your Geordie Shores where it was just all real like made in.
Speaker 1: Show back in wee day what's it called?
Speaker 2: The Only Way is Essex? Sorry? Yeah, is like Kardashians kind of, but you can tell that the some of the conversations are really forced and scripted. Yeah, but anyway, Yeah, Jordie Shaw amazing. And remember when they all came to Australia. I was going to all the clubs to meet him. I was going to the ARV, I was going to Woodport on the Central Coast. I was meeting Gary B. No it was his name, yeah, Gary B.
Speaker 1: Gary, Gary Dozzuza Charlotte's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, the parsnip penis.
Speaker 1: What did she call him? Passnip penis?
Speaker 2: Does it look like a parsnip?
Speaker 1: TV was just different back then, wasn't it. I know, it was just so rogue didn't she always wet the bed.
Speaker 2: I can't remember. Jordi Shaw feels like a fever dream to me, like I watched the entire thing and I cannot remember and remember waiting each week and all anyone at school would talk about was Jordi Shaw for the whole week. We'd all wait for the next episode, and then we'd all get to school the next day, because back then there was not much communication on wine after school. It's not like you would jumping on MSN to tell people about Jordi Shaw, but you'd get to school the next day. I watched the episode last night. Yeah, but anyway, made in Bondai who asked for this.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Yeah, I think I'm gonna commit to watching it when it comes out. I think it launches in August. Yeah, I'm going to commit to watching it because I want to see.
Speaker 2: What the go is. Yeah, and I think that may have been what Channel seven was going for here, because sorry, but out of everywhere you could have put this show, Channel seventh seems like a rogue place to put it. For me personally, I just think it would have been like more suited to a Netflix like Byron Bays or Amazon Prime or something like that, even like, hey, you could have done it, yeah, because they do a lot of reality TV. But yeah, I don't know made in Bondai. I just went out of every reality show we could have made in Australia. Who asked for this one of the most I don't want to piss up the Bondai people, but sorry, you know, like it's not that interesting? Is that it's not interesting? I don't want to talk. I don't want to know about people from Bondai. Give me people from fucking Griffith, you know what I mean, Give me people from Orange. I want made in Orange, I want made in ba I want made in Woodonga. I want made in Adelaide. That's got a nice ring to it, you know, in Adelaide, Aide in BONDI and I feel like we've had this before similar remember the Shire, Yeah, that show The Shier, which was very the only way is Essex in the sense that it was definitely forced and not scriptured. But I guess like they were like, Okay, you're gonna go.
Speaker 1: In here today, I'm going to go and talk about this topic.
Speaker 2: Yes exactly. So I think the problem is as well as the first season is always going to be the worst season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then if it doesn't make it, I feel like then they're never gonna get the opportunity to make it better because we'll just flop and they'll be like cut it exactly.
Speaker 2: That's like Byron Bays, I feel. I feel Barron Bays. The first season was like, uh, but like if they really took on people's feedback and made it a good show, like it could have been really good, but it was just like really fucking rogue. I think it's jarring as well because we're so used to watching reality TV from America. Yeah that then hearing our Australian accents in a reality.
Speaker 1: It doesn't sound right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, although I will say Real Housewives of Melbourne is it good, is probably, in my opinion, the best reality show Australia has produced. Real Housewives of Melbourne hit the nail on the head. Real Housewives of Sydney was real good the first season. The last season that came out. Oh, I don't even know if I watched it all. Yes, I did, No, I did. Yeah, it was all right. I think Real Housewives know what they're doing, so I've been really happy with that. As a reality it's.
Speaker 1: The same like franchise like the one that's filmed in Australia. Is it connected to the American one.
Speaker 2: No, the only one that's connected to America that's outside of America is Dubai. So Bravo does Dubai, but anywhere else in the world is independent. Obviously they need to get the licensing and everything like that from Bravo and they know about it. But yeah, Andy Cohenen, that whole team has nothing to do with the Australian one. I'm pretty sure Australia is Matchbox Productions, which is just an Australian company and then they sold they sell it to Foxtail or Binge or whoever wants to do it now. And yeah, I can definitely say Real Housewives of both Melbourne and Sydney you might have to watch one fabulous. I'll start with Melbourne. I mean, you've got your Gina Liano's, your Janets, your Lydia's, your Jackies, I mean, seriously, okay, your petty flours, You've got your Gambles, Love, You've got your gambles, You've got your cheekers Cheeker doesn't stick around though, poor thing miss her. Who else do you got? I even loved Venus. I love Venus. Okay, this is a niche for all my real Housewives of Melbourne people. I love when they're when in the season with Sally, one of my favorite quotes of Melbourne is when Gina goes, I'm not gonna hang with Sally. She can go fuck herself. But she's grieving at the moment, so I do feel sorry for her. And then Venus goes, know, when I was in high school, the boys actually stole my lunch box and they actually shot in my lunch box. And Gina goes, all right, Venus, well, that's a bit further than Sally's gone. That's my favorite favorite quote. There's so many good quotes. Janet does this thing where she's like everyone in Melbourne everyone. So I'm in Melbourne a couple of weeks ago. I'm on the dance floor in the middle of brat night at Puffed Off In there's a very niche content again in the middle of Melbourne. It's like four o'clock in the morning and this song comes on and I'm going on the middle of the dance well, everyone in Malvin everyone like Jennet and like It's just one of those things where if you know, you know, and if you don't, you don't.
Speaker 1: I think I feel like with Aussie's like we are so iconic and the one liners that we do spit out are amazing. So I feel like the fact that we kind of flop on reality TV it's like such a missed opportunity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you know I filmed earity show before we filmed a pilot episode never went anywhere. Oh yeah, with a network. I won't disclosed switch network, but surely I've spoken about this before, but it might have been somewhere else on the internet. But we filmed an episode of this reality show and we were a certain network in Australia was going to pick it up, and it was between us and a few other people, and then they it got down to us and one other reality show. But the other reality show ended up putting quite a few hundred thousand dollars forward to put into the budget, whereas I was like, I don't know money, babes, So they went with them because they could like put more of an investment in. But we filmed this whole episode. The episode is one of the best things I've ever seen. I am convinced. Yeah, I'm convinced that it's. So it's from the day of the ARIA Awards the second time, when I wore the little hot pants on the ARIA Awards red carpet that day. So basically the show was a few different influencers and each episode they followed a different person, and I was the pilot episode, so they followed me for the first one and I'm I don't know if it's because it's just me, but I'm obsessed. I'm like this, this would be the number one to show me in Australia if it was if it went anywhere, because it's iconic. So it follows me the entire day and all the fucking stress and all the fucking this that and everything, and the producers of the show I like switched on after the fact of like how they make you feel. I remember one of the producers coming up to me and I've put my outfit on, which I feel a million bucks in might is amazing. Yeah, the hot pants and the jacket and the chains and the glitter and the diamonds and everything, and she comes in. The producer comes in and goes, oh, is that what you're weiring? And instantly my whole world has like crushed around me.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh my god, expecting you to wear a fucking tuxedo.
Speaker 2: No, she said that to piss me off, so that then there's drama in the show. So then I get I get real fucking angry, and I'm like, it's it's actually so funny. I was even smoking Siggy's at the time. I was a full time smoker. So there's like footage of me running out to the balcony, dressing out, having a cigarette on the back, Andy yelling at someone on the front, and the weirdest thing is like, I'm like, I'm gonna need you to get me a different pair of this and that and everything. So the thing is, you know how people say, like you know how people there's like footage that comes out and people go, I never said that, but it's like there's footage of you saying it on a reality show and you're like and they're like, I never said that. So there's one point where this girl, another influencer who I absolutely loved. She was like a little sister to me. She's not really around anymore, she doesn't do social media, but at the time, Gorgeous we had such a great relationship, so there's like this moment where I'm asking her to like get content for me, and I've obviously the producers have been in my ear telling me I don't look good, blah blah blah, the car's late, we're gonna miss the red carpet, all the rest of that, but there's nothing we could do. I'm taking the photos whatever. All these little things like adding up to like stress me out right, and it's working. I'm having stressed ciggies on the balcony and all, and so then she's taking the photos and like I just can't take a good photo, which is my fault because I'm stressed, but I like take it out on her and the way that I spoke to her, which was so rude. When I watched the episode back, I had that moment where I was like, I never said that. There's no way I fucking said that. There's no way I've actually spoken to someone else like that.
Speaker 1: But in the moment, you just didn't realize.
Speaker 2: But obviously I have, because you know, so when people blame the edit or they say I never said that, or they you know, and you think to yourself, oh my god, but like the camera literally shows you doing it. Like you really have. It's a weird psychology thing, like psychological thing because to me, half the things that happen in that episode, I one don't remember happening and two don't remember saying. And it's really alarming that, Like I mean, I didn't say anything that bad. I just go, Wow, that person that I I'm watching, I'm going that doesn't seem or sound like me. Do you know what I mean? Really interesting? But I'll show you the episode. We might do it. We might. If we ever do a High Scrollers live tour, you could show it. Perhaps we could play a couple of clips. I'd have to get some permissions from some people, but I'm sure it would be fine to a live viewing party anyway. Like I've waffled on enough for today.
Speaker 1: That's another episode. Done and dusted. You actually said on your story the other day. I don't know when where you were, but you said done and dusted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, it's in your show, yeah, in the caption of that photo.
Speaker 1: Done and dusted yeah. And I was like, so you're welcome another episode done and dusted.
Speaker 2: No, I love this one. I love I love when you say done and dusted. I hate when you say good morning. It's just the way it is, okay anywhere. Thank you for tuning in. Scrollers were bloody love y'all.
Speaker 1: Don't forget to vote. Click in the bloody show notes if you're listening to the end. Also, thank you to all of you for leaving your hate comments. Oh my god, you want to a couple of episodes ago, oh last week.
Speaker 2: Last week, I woke up and forgot that we had done that, and I even sent you a message the night before. I sent Brittany a message the night before and said, don't forget. Tomorrow's episode is the episode where we say leave us hate comments and pretend we've been canceled. And I was like, so, whatever you post tonight, remember that that's what's gonna get, you know, those comments on it, because you wouldn't want it to be like a sponsored post or a fate post or something like make it something. Anyway, we posted our like nomination or finalist thing for the podcast word Yeah, and that worked well because everyone's been commenting on it. But anyway, I woke up and totally forgot that this was happening, and lo and behold, I've gone, oh my god, like it actually got me and I experienced the thrill of getting canceled for like ten seconds and then I went, oh wait, I told people to do this.
Speaker 1: I was reading through them and thinking, imagine this actually being really experiencing this kind of fucking hate. I know.
Speaker 2: And also thank you to everyone who was so creative with it. It was just so funny. Although I had to put up to a couple sponsored videos.
Speaker 1: On you comments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had to put up a few on said videos on TikTok you know, get my coin, but the people were commenting on it and I had to delete those.
Speaker 1: Well, I've got a fate post to do tonight that's going on my account too, and I'm worried scrollers is still going to be listening and then going to my most recent post and like it's gonna be on the fight account.
Speaker 2: Yeah rip. Oh well, anyway, the point is we're waffling on, but have a great week. We'll see you on Friday with close friends. Don't forget to raid us five stars. And also before I go, sorry running over time, I'm dusting. Oh. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has rated us because I remember, you know a few months ago, we were like we no one's righted us. We need more ratings. Oh, they're smashing it on Spotify. We're almost at four thousand ratings. But that's pretty good because I think last time I checked, I was one and a half thousand. I thought that's not good enough.
Speaker 1: They're finally coming around the fact that we are legends.
Speaker 2: So thank you, thank you, appreciate that. I love you. I'm going to go eat these lollies.
Speaker 1: And you gotta say line, what line? Anyway, better let you go.
Speaker 2: I've never said that before in my life. Anyway, Yler, better let you go. I've gotta go choose the arch window