Speaker 1: On Skorne Lives Australia. This is the Reader Paney Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the Rita Panahee Show. I'm Danikiti Giorgio.
Speaker 1: Coming up.
Speaker 2: Labour sinks even lower with its dirty campaign tactics. Will show you the latest attack on Peter Dutton, the implymer on why Chris Bowen is using dodgy tactics to deceive the public on the cost of nuclear energy. Donald Trump's Secretary of Defense pick Pete Hegseth is attacked by woke senators and targeted by protesters at a chaotic confirmation hearing. Bartia Unga Saden will give us her take a win for common sense. In the US, a bill preventing transgender women from competing in female sports has passed through the House of Representatives. Stephanie Bastian will join me, and of course Lefty is losing arch, including this gender bending lefty who can't quite grasp biology.
Speaker 3: The parts you see on an ultrasound don't determine a baby's gender.
Speaker 1: Joining me now is.
Speaker 2: Sky News contributor Prue McSwain. Prue, good to see you, Thank you very much for joining me on this show. Now I want to start with Labour's anti Semitism envoy, because she has warned that democracy is at stake and that the nation's judiciary is failing Jewish Australians with weak sentences that are handing anti Semitic criminals effective impunity. In an extraordinary intervention after an explosion of anti Semitic attacks on synagogues and family homes over the summer, Gillian Siegel said Anthony Alberanezi must convene national Cabinet to take immediate action.
Speaker 4: Proue.
Speaker 1: Look, of course there.
Speaker 2: Needs to be immediate action, but action should have happened in my opinion months ago. Why has it taken so long to get to the point where we're going.
Speaker 1: We need intervention. Democracy is at.
Speaker 5: Stake, well one hundred percent, And you know it was a cynical thing. I believe that he even pointed a nonvoy and he was never going to listen to her. Now, of course he's on the skids, and this is why Albanesi is on the skids, because Australians, mainstream Australians, are sick and tired and concerned that this country has changed so much. The social cohesion in this country, the tolerance and acceptance that we've enjoyed for years, years and years is now dissolving between our eyes. And it's because of this government's in action. You know, it started on October seven, on October nine, after the Opera House and the fact that sanctions were not imposed on those people, those anti Semitic acts, and it's been happening. It's all words from this government and he's not listening to this envoy clearly, the fact that he has what we've seen, what's happened in the UN and what's been going on with Wong and of Albanesi and how they've betrayed Australia and Israel and the relationship we've had for so many years and Jews everywhere, and in fact, what he doesn't understand this is an attack on not just us, it's an attack on all Australians who support yous, who have supported multiculturalism. And this is now what we're facing. And it's because it's totally and solely because of this government's inaction.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I agreed.
Speaker 2: It's interesting because a labor mayor in Sydney has also said that his electorate has become a tinderbox after a spate of anti Semitic attacks.
Speaker 1: He also says the.
Speaker 2: Greens are at every level have failed to combat the.
Speaker 1: Hatred and inflame tensions.
Speaker 2: This is according to Inner West Mayor Darcy Byrne, he's calling for bipartisan action. Well, I would argue that, you know, the coalition has been very good from the very beginning and there's no bipartisan action proved because Labor haven't gotten to that point where they want bipartisan action.
Speaker 1: I agree with him wholeheartily on the Greens.
Speaker 2: They've been a disgrace from the very beginning, but Labor has to do something exactly.
Speaker 5: You know, it's amusing that this Darcy Byrne, who's a Labor mayor, is pointing the fear at the Greens. Sure, as you say, the Greens have been culpable and are despicable, and I think that they have underestimated the extent of angst in mainstream Australia and with fair minded younger Australians and even the elites because it's so bad. So I think that you know, we've seen it in the election in Queensland and various other polling and the Act and the Act of course, and you know, you know that they're losing support, and thank god they are. But in this case, you know, this Labor mayor is having a go at the Greens. Give us a break date, you know there's an.
Speaker 1: Election coming up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all very tactical in my view, prow. Now, look, Peter Dutton and Anthony Abernezi have presented a bipartisan threat of the strongest possible action against the Kremlin if Australian foreign fighter Oscar Jenkins is confirmed to have been executed by Russian forces following his capture in Eastern Ukraine. He was the Prime Minister earlier.
Speaker 6: We call upon Russia too immediately confirm Oscar jenkins status. If there has been any harm caused to Oscar Jenkins, it's absolutely reprehensible and the Australian Gubbment will take the strongest action possible.
Speaker 2: Proue, I highly doubt that Vladimir Putin's listening to Anthony Albanisi. You know, the strongest condemnation. That's not strong condemnation. But what action should be taken here in your view, because this man is an Australian But what can we do really.
Speaker 5: Well, this is the problem. I mean, short of doing sanctions. We know that they've broken. Well, we don't even know if the man has been killed, but we're assuming, we're assuming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, many of us.
Speaker 5: Have wondered why he joined the Ukraine legion anyway, but that's his choice.
Speaker 1: It's tragic that this has happened.
Speaker 5: Waving your finger at the ambassador here is not going to do anything. They're saying they may expel him. Who cares cares?
Speaker 1: What's that going to? That's doing nothing.
Speaker 5: So the problem is that the weakness of this government and Albinizi is evident internationally. So the Russians won't give us stuff what we do, so shot of sanctions and holding if there is any money here, Russian money here or something, I can't see what is it. It's just sort of hitting them with a feather duck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean nothing's going to I mean they're not shaking in their boots right now listening to Albo from Australia, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Now look here we go again with dirty.
Speaker 2: Campaign tactics, because the woman trying to oust Opposition leader Peter Dutton has been accused of bullying after organizing a fundraiser called Potato Night. This is from Labour's candidate for Dixon. Ali Franz, who sent out email invites two supporters for a Potato Night fundraiser with potato themed activities in a quote distasteful nod to disparaging nicknames which target mister Dutton's appearance. Now, pro look, this is the second such dirty tactic we've seen.
Speaker 1: Remember that one that came out from the Victorian Labor branch.
Speaker 2: A couple of weeks ago, where Peter Dutton's wife and up in this ad. You know, Albanezy spent the last week attacking Peter Dutton. As it is, you can see a trend here. This is the trend now from Labor. It's attack attacked because they've got nothing to show for themselves.
Speaker 1: So do you think.
Speaker 2: Dirty tactics of what Labour's going to be presenting between now and a federal election.
Speaker 5: I'm sure they are. But I say go your hardest, because the more you do it, the more the rest of us think you are despicable and you deserve to be thrown out. And the amplifies the fact that they have no policies, they have nothing else to say. Attacking the man didn't work in America, as we saw with Trump, and we you know We're.
Speaker 1: Better than this.
Speaker 5: We as in the voters, are better than this. We're not going to put up with this. Daily we are reminded how bad this government is just in our day to day lives, and they're just reinforcing it. So go your hardest, call him every name under the same. So it's like when we were little kids and news to get call people names.
Speaker 1: It's pathetic, isn't it. It is totally old and pathetic. Yeah, yeah, but this is the problem now that we're heading into an election.
Speaker 2: Labour's got nothing to show for themselves because they were elected on a cost of living mandate. They've made so many stuff up since twenty twenty two. And this is typical of the left that when they're under pressure the polls about they start attacking so hardly surprising. Now this is an important one because deradicalization programs have failed to change the behavior of high risk individuals and authority sphere could commit acts of terror in Australia or even produce data on whether the initiative actually works. The Australian Institute of Criminology found that the behavior of some individuals actually worsened in the program, triggering the involvement of law enforcement agencies. Prow look, I think that I take this as a warning sign to Australia and a big worry. A couple of weeks ago we saw the New Orleans terror attack.
Speaker 1: That was a wake up call. That was a big, big wake.
Speaker 2: Up call about terrorism coming back into countries, into Western countries.
Speaker 1: But from our perspective, I mean, if you are considered or deemed.
Speaker 2: To be at risk, surely we've got to enforce tougher consequences. If you're from overseas, you need to be deported. We can't just keep these people on programs if they're not rehabilitating.
Speaker 1: Because there are risks to society exactly.
Speaker 5: James Patterson, you know who's so impressive, the Shadow Home Affairs spokesman, was saying that post sentence restrictions need to be imposed. We need to keep them in detention more. You know what really gets to me is that why are these preachers of hate Islam?
Speaker 1: These are Islamic Islamic.
Speaker 5: Preachers of hate who are clearly and openly inciting hatred are not deported or shut down?
Speaker 1: Are we serious about this?
Speaker 5: You know, having these programs. This one's called Living Safe Together, intervention program.
Speaker 1: It's one of.
Speaker 5: Those sort of softly, softly, feel good things that are not going to do anything for anyone. We've just committed sixty one point seven million over four years for it, and it's proven to be in effective.
Speaker 1: Well, we walk on eggshells, don't we. We we we tiptoe. This is typical tiptoeing.
Speaker 2: Don't want to offend certain people this and look what happens. They're not working now. This is I mean, the hypocrisy is very very clear here. Oscar winning actor and so called climate change activist Leonardo DiCaprio has faced backlash after he used a private jet to flee the Wildflyers in Los Angeles. Yes, they're all climate warriors when they want to be climate warriors, prove. But then the truth always comes out, doesn't it.
Speaker 5: It sure does. It's spent eighty million or something already on climate change. But we saw that with all these you know, in Doha recently, all these cop out organization or conferences where they all flying in their jets. It's just a load of bull. Let's face, it is. But I must admit if I was in his shoes and the fires were fanning around me and I had a private jet, I'd get the hell out of there.
Speaker 2: I understand that you wouldn't get the hell out of it.
Speaker 1: It's what did they call it, ridiculous hypocrisy.
Speaker 2: It's everywhere, It's always there anyway, Thank you, Pro McSwain, good to speak, there's always thanks for coming on this evening. Well, we've all seen the devastating fires in Los Angeles. But it didn't stop the alarmists blaming the fires on you guessed it, climate change. Never mind the poor water management by LA authorities.
Speaker 1: The ignored warnings, the lack.
Speaker 2: Of funding, the Biden administration stopping control burns, DEI policies in the fire department, and the list goes on.
Speaker 1: Not that that deterred the doomsday cult.
Speaker 7: You would have to be a fool to not understand what climate change is doing to this country, in the world.
Speaker 2: Wildfire is raging in LA are highlighting the risk of climate change.
Speaker 1: Yes, climate change.
Speaker 8: The wildfires in California are the leadst in a string of natural disasters made worse by climate change.
Speaker 3: Big part of why we're seeing more wildfires is climate change.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk about these destructive fire is compounded by climate.
Speaker 8: Climate change set up the conditions for this supercharged fire.
Speaker 9: It exacerbated and increased by climate change.
Speaker 10: Climate change which is political, but it's clearly a major driver here.
Speaker 6: Climate change will only make wildfires more common.
Speaker 2: It's no wonder the American public is losing trust in their news outlets, TV and newspaper reporters rank with the likes of cast salespeople, lawyers, and advertising professionals. Joining me now all the way from Saudi Arabia is esteemed geologists. Professor Ian plimer Ian, nice to see you. Thank you so much for joining me. After every natural disaster, why do the left always rush to blame it all on climate change?
Speaker 11: Because they've never had any evidence that humans drive climate change. It's never been showing. This is the greatest scientific scam we've ever had in the history of time. No one has ever shown that human emissions drive global warming. No one has ever shown there's no data.
Speaker 12: So here we have a problem.
Speaker 11: I've been chasing climate institutes for years. Just give me half a dozen scientific papers. They can't do it.
Speaker 13: So if you've got ingrown toenails, or your car breaks down, or there's a fire, that's not nearly as great as the nineteenth century fires, then it's got to be climate changed.
Speaker 11: We have to blame humans for what we're doing in this. In Australia, we had huge fires in nineteen thirty nine and again in the eighteen fifties. They were far greater than anything we had in any summer in recent times. Yet we're told of the recent fires are year to climate change. Maybe they should look at actually maintaining the forests, maintaining their vehicles, having a forest fighting crew rather than the city fighting crew helping out. Maybe having fairly modern electricity transmission wires rather than ancient wires. Maybe they shouldn't be so clean and green and water underful, and build houses in forests surrounded by flammable trees that are full of oils. Maybe, just maybe the Left is being absolutely hypical critical, and maybe they're showing that they're totally ignorant.
Speaker 2: Absolutely As he said, you've only got to look all the way back into history to know that there were bad fires all the way back then.
Speaker 1: Not that the Left will ever tell you that, of course.
Speaker 2: Because it's all got to do with climate change, as they want you to believe. Now, what's going on in the US, because the Biden administration has rushed to allocate more than seventy billion US dollars of funding for climate initiatives before Donald Trump's inauguration. The outgoing administration has been accelerating its allocation of cash for climate change and clean energy programs before the changing presidency. And I'm not sure what the point of it is because Trump's already pledged to terminate what he calls the green new scam. So what exactly is Biden trying to achieve in his dying day in the administration.
Speaker 11: Well, the point is very cynical. He's trying to trip up Trump to make his life more difficult. He knows that it can be changed. But this is typically the way the left operates. It's all negative. It's cynical. It's not nation building, it's not helping people. The left traditionally has been wanting to look after people who are at the bottom end of the spectrum, and they're doing the exact opposite. Now Biden is just making the transition very difficult, despite the fact that he was going to have an orderly transition. So I just think this shows the Democrats are pretty morally defunct, that the Democrats really don't care at all about how people suffer.
Speaker 2: No, that's very very clear, and looking forward to that inauguration.
Speaker 1: The sooner the better.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, the world's biggest climate finance alliance, which has actually been backed by major asset managers, is suspending its activities and reviewing its structure. The Net Zero Asset Manager Initiative was founded to promote the adoption of greenhouse gas reduction efforts.
Speaker 1: And what does this tell.
Speaker 11: You, Well, it tells you that reality sometimes strikes. We had that globally, that we are aware that we cannot keep industrial societies running on sunbeams and on sea breezes. It's costing too much money. We're aware that we once had a very good system of cheap, reliable electricity that derived from having energy concentration in things like coal or energy concentration in nuclear materials. And all of a sudden, people are saying, well, this is not going to work. And also we've got a major president who is going to be changing things in the US. Things have already changed in many other parts of the world. It's going to change in the US, and that will drive changes in the world. If you're here in Saudi Arabia and you talk about climate change. It's one of the best jokes you can make people raw with.
Speaker 1: Laugh.
Speaker 11: Finally, reality is coming home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I also wonder if it's that the Trump effect almost having an impact already before he's even creating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, definitely. Now this is a real laugh.
Speaker 2: Chris Bowen has been exposed as the most dangerous minister in Albanese's cabinet because it's been revealed that the Energy Minister weaponize the public service by instructing his department to produce entirely flawed figures to allege Peter Dutton's nuclear energy plan would see a forty nine percent electricity shortfall by twenty thirty five. The Department of Climate Change and Energy now says what it did was not an analysis of the coalition's nuclear energy proposals, but an assumption driven calculation. So ian these figures, they were a dream, but still pushed out to the public. How are we supposed to have a proper debate about energy in this country when Bowen is feeding us lies?
Speaker 11: Well, I'm not surprised. I mean, he's probably the worst cabinet minister in my voting lifetime, and I first voted in nineteen sixty one. A very sad id logue. He cannot understand that there were dozens of countries that stay alive with nuclear there are dozens of countries that are increasing their coal fired power capacity. And yet he wants to stick to his ideology. He wants to cook the books, He wants to force people to cook the books. And he is the very best thing that the Liberals have got in the Albert Easy government. He just has to stay there, please, mister Bones, stay in that cabinet position, Keep opening your mouth, keep giving us the benefit of your wisdom, keep showing us that you've had a very successful charisma bypass operation. Just keep doing it, please, because you're helping the Liberals.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I mean, as much as I want him not to.
Speaker 2: Be in that portfolio and your spot on, it's probably doing the coalition of favor. Now look before we let you go. The warnings are continuing. The Victorian government's aggressive electrification of the power network is likely to result in mass blackouts, with demand forecast to outweigh renewable energy supply by more than thirty percent in some months. That's according to a report by leading academic professor Simon Schauser, who runs a Queensland government owned energy business himself.
Speaker 1: How many more warnings do we need? AAMO has said it.
Speaker 2: We've got multiple reports saying the same thing. We're going broken backward in this country on this renewables energy fantasy, aren't we?
Speaker 11: Well we are, And look back in time a little bit. Victoria had the cheapest electricity in the world that came from these huge brown coal deposits in eastern Victoria. Those brown coal deposits can keep Victoria going for thousands of years. There is so much coal there, it's such good quality. And the infrastructure was set up in Victoria to make it the powerhouse of Australia, to make it the manufacturing center Australia, and it was now if Victoria loves power, that also kills off South Australia because says the interconnect to bringing power across from Victoria into South Australia. So we now have a domino effect that is set up by bureau cramps and by politicians who know nothing about electricity. We haven't listened to our electrical engineers. And again reality will strike and reality is going to be very very cruel in Victoria.
Speaker 2: If it isn't already. I completely agree. I employment nice to speak with you. Thanks very much for joining me on the show this evening were coming up after the break. You won't want to miss Lefties Losing Its Plus Pete Hegsett's Confirmation hearing gate crashed by left Heckler's.
Speaker 1: Bartia Unger Sagan is here for the latest from the US.
Speaker 2: Now it's time for Lefties Losing it and don't we have a treat come up for you the lunacy at Pete Hegsett's Confirmation Hearing. You won't want to miss the incoherent meltdowns. But first of this lefty who is reinventing the gender will claiming the sex of a baby on an ultrasound can't possibly be right.
Speaker 3: The parts you see on an ultrasound don't determine a baby's gender, and how is that possible? Well, think about it like this marker a blue cap usually means a blue marker, but sometimes marker caps get switched and in this case it is a pink marker. See that's what happened to me. They saw something on the ultrasound that usually means it's a boy, but the cap was cap and I turned out to be a girl.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's all very lucrative now using a crayola pains to determine gender. Who's going to tell him that swapping caps makes no difference to the parts you're born with.
Speaker 1: But cute, try, very cute, very sweet.
Speaker 2: Now to Donald Trump's impending inauguration can't come soon enough and he's pick to perform the beautiful Carrie Underwood, and the news has truly shattered and destroyed. There has been hyaenas over at the view. In fact, it's yet another hard knock for them.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't do it, even though I was no.
Speaker 10: I would not. I would not normalize him. And she says, I love our country. How do you love your country and support and normalize somebody who was a convicted felon who really wants to destroy the country. In my opinion, I don't understand how you say you love your country at the same time as you normalize this convicted felon, which I can say now every.
Speaker 4: Day have we heard from Suddy Austin yet a smiley, true delight of a woman.
Speaker 1: I agree with you, Joy. I can't sing a lick, but I certain and I have not been asked, but if I were asked, it would be a hard no.
Speaker 2: Well, thank goodness, Thank goodness, we clarified that one.
Speaker 1: We were losing sleep. We wanted to know the answer to that.
Speaker 2: And no doubt Sonny's announcement would come as to a shock to Donald Trump himself.
Speaker 1: And it's not just the you. This is the worst day of the feminist Coults lives.
Speaker 14: Carry Underwood is going to perform at Trump's inauguration.
Speaker 2: Now to Gavin Newsom, the hapless and hopeless California governor who is really living up to his name as a slimy used car salesman, can someone please explain the shoulder shimmy.
Speaker 15: We're dealing with a myriad of issues. I was just talking to Josh Green, the governor of down in Hawaii. You had some ideas around some land juice concerns. He has run speculators coming in buying up properties.
Speaker 1: Ah, how is that?
Speaker 2: A little little smile, a little shimmy, a little dance, manicuit, hair fresh botox, A real man of the people in the middle of a fire zone, isn't he?
Speaker 1: And here he is again showing just how personable he is.
Speaker 15: My humble position and it's and it's not just being naively optimistic that only reinforces the imperative moving quickly doing in the spirit of collaboration cooperation.
Speaker 2: He's over stimulated, perhaps taking California dreaming way too far. And never mind Gavin Newsome's failures to prepare the state for fires, because you can always trust Whoopee Goldberg to give the best possible explanation.
Speaker 1: Here's how this works.
Speaker 16: There was a fire catastrophe in California.
Speaker 1: Had to do it wins.
Speaker 16: You know how they're always saying, oh, the wind.
Speaker 1: It actually does.
Speaker 16: The winds move things and sparks mooth things, and it doesn't matter how much water you have if nine hundred thousand buildings go up at the same time.
Speaker 1: Wow, how was that?
Speaker 2: It is good to know that Whoopee is such an expert on wind. And speaking of looney explanations, I want to.
Speaker 14: Take a minute to talk about looting because I think it's worth considering why people would run into an active fire to steal stuff rather than fleeing the fire. And it seems like in the media coverage that I'm listening to that people think that people are just like greedy who want to be looting, And I'm just wondering if maybe these people have actually considered whether it is safer for them to run into a fire or to continue to exist within capitalism without access to resources, And after weighing the pros and cons they concluded that the safer option is to run into the fire to steal stuff.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, that absolutely makes title sense.
Speaker 1: Title sense, doesn't it?
Speaker 2: Now to paint Hegseth being hounded by bitter banshees at a Senate committee, And I've got to say this basically just sums it up.
Speaker 1: Organization says it old, isn't it.
Speaker 2: But you know, look, it wouldn't be a lefties losing it without actually taking you.
Speaker 1: Through the lefties losing it.
Speaker 2: So let's start with Elizabeth Warren, the delightful Elizabeth Warren, banging and carrying on.
Speaker 8: In other words, you're quite sure that every general who serves should not go directly into the defense industry for ten years. You're not willing to make that same pledge.
Speaker 7: I'm not a general, Senator.
Speaker 2: Oh, the gotcha didn't quite work there, and the yelling theatrical sideshow didn't end there.
Speaker 9: In the DoD Everything you've said in these public statements is politics. I don't want women, I don't want moms.
Speaker 1: What's wrong with a mom?
Speaker 9: By the way, once you have babies, you therefore are no longer able to be lethal. I mean, you're basically saying women after they have children can't ever serve in the military in a combat role. It's a silly thing to say. It's a silly thing to say beneath the position, and that you are aspiring to to denigrate LGBTQ service members is a mistake. If you are a sharpshooter, you're as lethal regardless of what your gender identity is, regardless of who you love.
Speaker 1: It just doesn't. It doesn't in there.
Speaker 2: It didn't in there because Q what appeared to be a drunk and incoherent Maizie Herno from Hawaii.
Speaker 17: Would you use our military to take over Greenland or an ally of Denmark?
Speaker 1: Senator?
Speaker 7: One of the things that President Trump is so good at is never strategically tipping his hand, and so I would never in this public forum give one way or another to direct what orders the president in any context.
Speaker 17: That sounds to me that you would contemplate carrying out such an order to basically invade Greenland and take over the Panama Canal.
Speaker 2: Yes, I really brought the big ones out from Hawaii for this one, didn't I? And then the Democrats tragic attempt at a gotcha moment backfired yet again.
Speaker 7: Can you give me an experience or your actual experience of driving innovation in an organization.
Speaker 17: Give me an example of where you have done.
Speaker 7: My Goodness Center absolutely a Concerned Veterans for America. We created the Fixing Healthcare Veterans Healthcare task Force, a bipartisan task force that never been done before, to create policy, to drive policy change on Capitol Hill that organizations fought ferociously against. Where we got the Via Accountability Act passed and the Mission Act passed in a way that a nonprofit of our size, veterans.
Speaker 1: Organization, we appreciate it. Never done.
Speaker 7: You're testified in all the letters we've put forward to the committee which you're on the Okay, I have limited time.
Speaker 2: Joining me now with plenty more lefties losing it content is Newsweek Deputy Opinion editor Bartia Unga Sagan Bartia, thank you so much for joining me. Let's start with that brilliant performance by Pete Hegseeth at the Senate confirmation hearing. Not only did he have to battle with a lunatic congressmen and women.
Speaker 1: The hearing was interrupted multiple times by protesters.
Speaker 7: Have a look at the thank you for figuratively and literally having my back.
Speaker 5: You are Amus, not only that you are a.
Speaker 18: Prety and readiness.
Speaker 12: We stud money to find children, and shame on all you. We need money. We need money for.
Speaker 1: Only children.
Speaker 11: That's a recruiting process.
Speaker 2: Bart Yea considering this complete clown show. Peter haig Seth absolutely owned that hearing. Why do the left love this performative and theatrical chaos so much?
Speaker 1: It's so funny.
Speaker 12: You know, all of these people who are angry about a policy that he would have no power over or control over if he was confirmed as head of DoD just completely irrelevant. And you're so right about the performativity of it. I believe many of those protesters were from Code Pink, which just shows up and says the same stuff over and over, irregardless of you know what the event is. He really handled himself very well. I thought he was very respectful, including to the Democratic senators, some of whom were very aggressive in their questioning of him. I do think there was one missed opportunity, which is Elizabeth Warren brought up that he has said, I think quite rightly that generals should not be allowed to take positions in the private sector in the defense industry for ten years after they resign, and she asked him, well, would you hold yourself to that same standard, and his answer was well, I'm not a general, which many people laughed at. But honestly, that was a moment I thought for a little bit of populist bipartisanship, why not say, of course, as head of DoD, I would be in a position to be corrupted if I didn't make that scene promise. I wish he had done that, But aside from that, I thought his performance was really impeccable. Of Course, his wife was sitting there supporting him, and he really acquitted himself with a lot of dignity.
Speaker 1: I completely agree.
Speaker 2: He was being hounded by these senators and every answer.
Speaker 1: He gave was so poised. While they were.
Speaker 2: Banging on the tables, they were carrying on, so I actually think he did exceptionally well under the circumstances. Now, Bartia one Earth is happening with the leadership team at the City of Los Angeles. First, of course, Mayor Karen Bass delivered this rather bizarre and uncomfortable performance when she was asked why she trotted off to Ghana in the middle of the bushfire crisis.
Speaker 19: Do you, oh citizen's an apology for being absent while their homes were burning? Do you regret coming the fire department budget by millions of dollars?
Speaker 1: Madam?
Speaker 19: There have you nothing to say today that have you absolutely nothing to say to the citizens today? Elon Musk says that you're utterly incompetent. Are you considering your position, Madam Mayor have you absolutely nothing to say to the citizens today who are dealing with this disaster?
Speaker 2: And now we find out that her deputy Mayor, Brian Williams, was reportedly placed on administrative leave last month after the FBI raided his home in connection to an alleged bomb threat he made against city Hall.
Speaker 1: But here this guy was overseeing the La fire department.
Speaker 2: How on earth are these people running the city.
Speaker 12: You know what's so amazing to me is that the rank and file firefighters have been able to perform an almost inhuman level of competence, saving hundreds and thousands of people's lives at a time when this insane act of God has burned so much of Los Angeles, and yet the leadership is so utterly incompetent. And I think it's not just on this front, right, California has become a symbol of the broken contract between democratic leadership and the voters and the citizens who on a host of issues, whether it's homelessness or crime or just a functioning city, they look to their leaders and they just see these empty suits like Karen Bass or you know, just it's what is Gavin Newsom but a good haircut on top of a suit, right, I mean, there's just nothing happening there. And I really think that, you know, it is both the case that anybody would have struggled with a disaster of this magnitude and the case that these two have come to represent in these moments, just the absolute absence of democratic leadership, especially in a place like California.
Speaker 2: Absolutely look for leadership during these times of crisis, and my heart goes out to them because there simply is no leadership right now. And speaken of, dozens of looters have been caught sneaking into ritzy neighborhoods in LA following those wildfires. More than forty people have since been named and shamed by the Santa Monica Police Department.
Speaker 1: Buttia, how big of an issue is this now?
Speaker 12: Oh gosh, what a horrible, horrible thing to see in a moment that should be unifying, and I think really has been unifying, because, of course, it looks to us that this was a tragedy that struck the very rich, because so many movie stars have lost their homes, but there were a lot of working class and middle class neighborhoods that were also hit very, very hard, and there's been a lot of unity in coming together and people demanding better on behalf of each other. And they're fellow Americans and fellow Californians. And then to see something like this, Isn't it just so heartbreaking that there are people who would take advantage of us in the weakest, most vulnerable moments.
Speaker 2: No, it's just absolutely awful, awful to hear that this is happening. Now, let's move on. Now we've got to talk about MSNBC. It really seems as though it keeps going downhill for that.
Speaker 1: Liberal lunatic network.
Speaker 2: And of course it's all happening a days before Donald Trump returns to the White House. But now it's President Rashida Jones has announced that she is stepping down after.
Speaker 1: Four years in the role Bartia.
Speaker 2: Between the failing, the dismal ratings, the crazy hosts who are so desperate a restructure, and now they've lost their boss, the question has to be asked, what does the future hold for MSNBC.
Speaker 12: I have to tell you AMSNBC, you know, getting rid of its boss, Mark Zuckerberg, you know, out there with the mayor Kolpers. It really makes me sick to my stomach because they are out there pretending like they did not intentionally try to turn half of the country against the other half just because they failed. Now suddenly they're saying, we're going to turn over a new leaf. We're going to do the right thing. They are just following the vibes. They are just following the winds and bowing to pressure again. Now it happens to be pressure to the people who have always wanted what's best for this country, bowing to pressure to people who want to unify the country. But don't for a second believe that these people have anything but a profit motive at stake here. They're not doing this because they've had to come to Jesus moment. Whatever they say, they're doing this because the country has turned against the divisiveness of progressive politics, and so they're now trying to ride the wave. And what is that wave. It's the unity that President Trump has brought with him by unifying the working class in this country. And on the one end, yeah, it's great that they're going to stop calling everybody recess and stop calling everybody names and stop trying to demonize people as Nazis and as Hitler. But on the other hand, it's going to be a long road to build back the trust that they squandered when they really tried to turn Americans against each other.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and while they persist with these crazy hosts like the Joyless Joy read realistically that there is no hope for MSNBC, seriously, that they're just a joke of a network. Now, Bartia, the leftist DC mayor, has distanced herself from an anti Trump ad displaying the city's official logos keep DC Trash Free.
Speaker 1: As you can see, this ad reads.
Speaker 2: Featuring a MAGA hat wearing man holding a copy of Project twenty twenty five with a red line through his head, and the logos for the district of Columbia Department of Public Works and the Mayor's Office of the City Clean Program. Now, the Mayor's office has since claimed that they had no part in creating or authorizing this ad.
Speaker 1: But Bartia, it's quite.
Speaker 2: Incredible that something like this could have ever been produced in.
Speaker 1: The first place.
Speaker 2: It says plenty about what sort of a place DC has become.
Speaker 12: Oh absolutely, And if this had happened four years ago or eight years ago, she probably would have been taking credit for it.
Speaker 1: Right. This is how you see.
Speaker 12: That we're really in a new moment, and I'm so grateful for it.
Speaker 1: You do see people.
Speaker 12: On the left trying to distance themselves from just the absolutely toxic rhetoric around Donald Trump over the last decade. I think they've been really chastened by their voters. And there are people who want to say, Okay, how can we make our way back to the center, how can we once again represent working class voters? Whether they want to hear the answer to that question is a very different story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a very different story. But Jay, it just speaks volumes, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Look, you mentioned the inauguration. We're already days away from it. It couldn't come soon enough, finally we're at that pointy end. But I'm going to ask you about these reports that Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Mark Zuckerberg will all be in attendance with a prominent spot at that ceremony. Bartie, I mean, these tech CEOs, they've always really been rivals, but now they're all on the same side in a way.
Speaker 1: What does that suggest in your view?
Speaker 12: All right, I may be reading too much into this, but to me, this actually looks like a little bit of a downgrading of Elon Musk, who has of course been Donald Trump's, you know, number two since he won the election. He's in every photo, He's next to him at Maro Lago all the time.
Speaker 1: But at the.
Speaker 12: Inauguration he's going to be seated along with every other tech titan who paid a million dollars toward Trump's transition team. And I have to say I feel relieved to see that, because, of course you have all of these people now bending thenee to Trump, trying to ingratiate themselves, people like Jeff Bezos and Zuckerberg who were so anti Trump for so but I am glad to see Elon Musk put back in his place. That is where he belongs. You know, he has a very close relationship with China, like everybody in Silicon Valley, is constantly bending the knee to China and to China's demands, And so I feel a little bit relieved to see him put back in the company of those others, so that Donald Trump can make good on his promises to the American people in his real America first push on issues like immigration, which of course the Maga Movement and Elon Musk have been at loggerheads over, and also punishing China for all of the ways in which it continues to be our greatest adversary.
Speaker 2: That's a really good point. It's certainly putting them back in their place, that's for sure. Now, look, let's talk about TikTok, because there have been reports that Chinese officials were in preliminary talks about a potential option to sell TikTok's operations in the US too Elon Musk should the app be unable to avoid an.
Speaker 1: Impending ban over there. TikTok has since dismissed that. Bartia, what do you think could happen here?
Speaker 2: It's very interesting to me because there are over one hundred and seventy million users in the US alone, many of whom who have built platforms and businesses. They're making money now from this app.
Speaker 1: It's so popular.
Speaker 2: If Alon Musk doesn't step in and buy it, is.
Speaker 1: It really the end in the US?
Speaker 12: I think it might be. The Chinese have indicated that they would rather completely delete the app than sell it. I think it's very interesting if it does go to Elon Musk. What that says again about his relationship with China, because they would rather delete the app than allow an American to buy it. Except Elon Musk, right, which tells you a lot about that relationship with the CCP. But okay, they're denying it for now. They're not known for telling the truth. I do think that it could happen that TikTok will simply disappear from our phones. It presents a major national security risk. The Chinese are constantly constantly stealing data off.
Speaker 1: Of people's phones.
Speaker 12: It's also very unhealthy for children. We know that there are kids who committed suicide because the algorithm on TikTok led them down that dark road. And most importantly, the Chinese don't allow their own children to use this, which tells you a lot about how they think it impacts children. They have their own Chinese version, which is incredibly educational and very boring. Apparently it's impossible to stay on it for more than twenty minutes without getting born out of your mind and shutting out of it. So I think it could either sell it to an American or get rid of it. Selling it to Elon Musk is like allowing the Chinese to keep operating it in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, fair enough. I'll be very curious.
Speaker 2: I know there's a lot of TikTok uses over the US who are crying over this decision, but yeah, it remains to be seen, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Now? Before we let you go.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of conversation surrounding a ceasefire deal between Israel and Hamas Bartiya.
Speaker 1: How would something like this benefit to Israel?
Speaker 12: So Israelis are very divided on this because they feel that the deal is it's very complicated. On the one hand, they're going to get back thirty three highsages, not all of them are alive, but they will get back a lot of all of the remaining women, including the women's soldiers who were horrifically horrifically captured by HEMS. So this is obviously a huge win. On the other hand, they feel that they will not be allowed to continue prosecuting the war to the full, fullest extent. I think this is a great deal. I think Donald Trump knew exactly what he was doing when he puts Steve Witkoff in charge of this, Steve Whitcoff, who showed up and said to b B Natanyao, We're going to do this President Trump's way, and he wants those hostages released, and so you're gonna have to say hello. And then Steve Witkoff went to Qatar, where he has a really good relationship with the Qataris, and managed to get Hemas to the table. So I think, first of all, it's a great deal to see those girls home in the arms of their fathers and mothers. I cannot wait for the moment. I don't think Donald Trump is going to allow Israel to be in a weak position visa Vihmas. I think that he will reward them for doing this, And I think that this is an example of what we can expect from Donald Trump's foreign policy. More broadly, he is the deal maker. He knows how to make the Middle East do what he thinks it should do. My friend said Jalani says, Donald Trump is kind of like a Gulf Arab. You know, he sends his son in law and his you know, Orthodox Jews and you know, rich developers to go over there and push his interests and get a good deal. And you know that's what he did. And he's not even president yet. There was one of the Arab officials in Doha gave an interview and he said Donald Trump, through Steve Whitkoff, got more done in one conversation with Natanyahu than Biden did in the two years since October seventh. And I think that just speaks volumes. Thank God Barhashem. We are in a new era and I truly hope that you know, all of those people come home, that the families who's who's whose hostages, family members who are hostages are dead, get their body so they can give them a proper burial and they should never ever happen again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we all hope and pray for the same.
Speaker 2: At our Unga Sagan always really great to speak with you. Thank you so much for joining us on the show. This evening still to come. Women's sports delivered a major win after a bill to prevent biological men from competing past the United States House of Representatives. Stephanie Bastian will join me next to some great news in the US, A bill preventing transgender women from competing in female sports at schools across the country has passed through the House of Representatives. It's clear that Trump effect is well and truly in swing. Joining me now is Women's Forum Australia's head of advocacy, Stephanie Bastian. Stephanie, thanks for joining me explaining the significance of this decision to us.
Speaker 4: Great to join you, Danika. This is absolutely wonderful. This really compliments the decision last week by the courts to overturn Title nine, which is a piece of legislation that was introduced to protect women in education settings and to protect them from discrimination on campus. What this legislation, What this bill will do if it passes through the Senate's still got to go through there yet. It will entrench into law protection for women in sports. It will ensure that male competitors who identify as women can't invade these sports and.
Speaker 1: Take their places.
Speaker 4: It will reduce women from the risk of injury and harm overall, it's a wonderful piece of legislation. It's something that we actually need here in Australia as well. Claire Chandler has a bill, the Save Women's Sports Bill, and I really hope it gets some attention, particularly in the lead up to the election, because we know that women in Australia are being harmed by these policies, particularly in a community setting where they're prioritizing diversity and inclusion of a fairness and safety.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: So this is a wake up call to Australia because we've got a lot of problems when it comes to these issues down under. Now, look, we should all be very concerned about the indoctrination of children in classrooms into this woke gender ideology, but have a look at this. Over in the US, Sarah McBride is the first transgender member of Congress. She was participating in a Jazz and Friends National Day of School and Community Readings, which provides trainings and resources for elementary school educators to help quote welcome diverse families, create LGBTQ and gender inclusive schools, prevent bias based bullying, and support transgender and non binary students.
Speaker 1: Have a look at this.
Speaker 16: I have a girl Green, but a boy Bardy.
Speaker 1: This is called.
Speaker 2: Transgender, Stephanie. This is an absolute disgrace. They had children and they're being exposed to woke gender ideology already, and yet once again they claim it's all done under the banner of inclusivity.
Speaker 1: Where does it end.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I mean, this is a classic example of the harmful indoctrination that is being done to kids. It's not only in doctrination, it's factually incorrect. Well, I think the American government needs to do is they need to look at organizations like the American Library Association and all the work programs that they're running. They've canceled Laura Ingles Wilder over her historic recordings of American history through her literacy, They've promote diversity inclusion programs which are very woke, and they need to strip the funding from these organizations. And this is something we actually need to do in Australia too. The only reason organizations like AKON are being propped up and their subsidiary organizations through their education programs at schools and in libraries is because of the millions of dollars being poured into them. By taxpayer funds. Let the private sector decide if they want to fund these organizations, but it shouldn't be coming from the public person has to stop.
Speaker 2: It does look we're almost out of time, but very quickly. A teenager has been granted permission to access cross sex hormones despite a family court judge in Australia conceding that there are risks associated with the treatment. I find this baffling, Stephanie. I mean, if there are risks, I give it to a teenager.
Speaker 4: It's absolutely devastating for the child that's involved. But the judgment noted that they gave great weight to the National Standards of Care, which is being pushed by w PATH in conjunction with OSPAK, both discredited organizations in this field. It's being promoted by activists. What we need, Kderanekia, is we need to have an inquiry, a national inquiry, because it's wrong that these judges are making decisions on this outdated information. Kudos to the parents that are in court fighting, putting their time and money in line to save their children, but they shouldn't have to. And with what we know overseas, with the findings of the CAST review and the international community moving away from the gender affirmation model. It is totally unacceptable that in twenty twenty five these decisions are still being made and we haven't had a national inquiry.
Speaker 1: I completely agree with you. It's an absolute disgrace.
Speaker 2: Stephanie Bastian, good to speak with you.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much for joining me this evening. Well that's it for me. Up next is news Night. Good Night
Speaker 6: Mm hm