Speaker 1: On scorings Australia.
Speaker 2: This is the Reader Panalty Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the Rita Panehy Show. I'm Cali Marcus filling in for RITA coming up tonight. Alban EASi stood up by Trump at the G seven.
Speaker 4: I'll bring you all the latest with my panel.
Speaker 3: In a moment a university academic stood down after calling for Zionists to be executed. New South Wales Liberal MP Chris Rath joins me with the details and of course left he's losing it, featuring this totally sane individual.
Speaker 5: No, no, god boy good.
Speaker 3: But let's begin with Prime Minister Anthony Alberzi being blind sided after US President Donald Trump decided to leave the G seven early and before they'd had a chance to meet, without any warning to Australia. It follows weeks of will they won't they speculation about a first face to face meeting between the pair, where the Orchist deal was due to be the.
Speaker 4: Main topic of discussion.
Speaker 3: Now there are concerns over the future of the Defense packed as the US conducts its review into the agreement, led by prominent Orcers skeptic Trump's under Secretary of Defense Policy Elbridge Colby, but there was a glimmer of hope during Trump's joint appearance with the UK Prime Minister Keth Starmer, where he indicated the deal would proceed.
Speaker 1: Yep, we're proceeding with that.
Speaker 4: It's a really important deal to both of this.
Speaker 2: I think the person that was doing a review, we did a review when we came into government, so that makes good sense to me. But it's a really important We're very long time partners and allies and friends, and we've become friends in a short period of time.
Speaker 3: Joining me now for the latest on this is the Deputy executive director at the Institute of Public Affairs, Daniel Wild and News Corps senior Patrick Carline.
Speaker 4: Thank you both of you. Now, Dan, it was.
Speaker 3: A bit embarrassing, I think for Albanizi to be stood up by Trump just minutes after he'd confirmed to media that he'd secured a meeting, and reportedly with no prior notice to Australian officials.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 6: I've got to say, Caroline that that's a clip you displayed of Keir Starmer and Donald Trump didn't fill me with a ton of confidence. They didn't seem all that invested in ucast, but we'll see what happens there.
Speaker 1: But look, I think you're right. The issue here is it.
Speaker 6: Appears to be the case that Anthony Albanesi is not really taken seriously on the international stage and is not really respected, and that would be a concern for the government here. There are some within labor who have a relatively cavalier attitude towards the United States, and some of whom are actively hostile towards the Trump administration.
Speaker 1: And whether you like Trump or not is beside.
Speaker 6: The point is obviously our most important ally and so I think there's probably a sense from the United States that perhaps the current government here in Australia is not as committed and as serious as it should be about that defense relationship.
Speaker 1: So I think that explains why Trump.
Speaker 6: Has basically stood up Anthony Alberizi on this occasion.
Speaker 3: Part Dan says he's not so confident judging by those comments from the joint press conference, but Albanezy says that he found those comments very positive. What do you think do you think the Orcast deal is secure?
Speaker 2: Look, it needs to be secure, Caroline, doesn't it. I mean, this is such a fundamental part of our future in terms of defending ourselves and in terms of our best friend in America, as Dan says, America is our best friend, Donald Trump, or otherwise we need America. And the fact that this meeting hasn't taken place, I don't think you can blame Elbow for that. It was beyond his control. But we're sort of looking at or perhaps later in the year before Elbow will actually catch up with Donald Trump and have a chat. I mean, it does seem ridiculous. It's given you've got Orcus on the table at the moment, and it's under a review in the US, and you've got tariffs. You've got these really nation changing sort of issues at stake at the moment. That does need to be a meeting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dan pat mentions tariffs. That was going to be another big part of this conversation. That's face to face conversation between the pair. What happens now with that? I mean everyone's talking about UCUS, but what happens with tariffs.
Speaker 6: Well, I think the thing with tariffs is, yeah, I mean, we should have a talk with them and see if we can have a different arrangement, but we should focus on our own backyard first. I mean, the negative economic implications of the policies that we are imposing upon ourselves are far worse than anything the United States is doing. I mean, always you have to do is look at our energy policy and policies like net zero, which are causing massive increases to energy prices and smashing our industrial sector, or the regulation of red tape that's coming out of Camber.
Speaker 1: And state government.
Speaker 6: So I think you know this government has said it wants to have a productivity agenda. Well, the first thing you do is look at your own economic policy settings and as I say, if you can negotiate a better deal, go for it. But let's focus on the things that we can control.
Speaker 3: Going back to that Orca's on certain uncertainty, there have been calls for a backup plan. Here's National's MP Barnaby Joyce earlier today.
Speaker 1: You should have a contingency plan.
Speaker 7: We like when as soon as the United States went out and said we're reviewing.
Speaker 8: Orcas, Blambelle should have rung everywhere everywhere pad.
Speaker 4: Is he right? Do we need a contingency plan? Now?
Speaker 2: Look, there seems to me sort of confidence guided or not on the fact that ORCUS is safe within Australia. You say the comments from South Australia's premier yesterday talking about the fact that we need to build submarines, and he's right. I mean, the world has been compared to the nine ends thirties in terms of uncertainty. This could be a precursor for the next sort of world war of your life. You've got all these conflicts going on. We need to be able to protect ourselves and you look at those Chinese military exercises off the coast just late last year. We're not well placed to defend ourselves and the world is going to pivot of that, we have no doubt. So we need submarines, we need orcus and we need that to be crystal clear and locked in for decades to come. So in terms of contingencies, I don't know whether that's the right way to go, but we certainly need to protect our future.
Speaker 4: Well, gentlemen, there's a hidden twist.
Speaker 3: In Albanizi in the Albanese government's new super tax, and it's.
Speaker 4: Been brought to light.
Speaker 3: Treasurer Jim Chalmers plan also includes a hidden death tax of sorts, with those who inherit super from someone who's died face a double taxting, where unused tax credits will lapse, capital gains taxes remain in place. Dan, what do you think of this idea? It hardly seems fair.
Speaker 6: Well, I agree, Carolina is not fair, and it shows what happens when you're spending is out of control and there's no plan to reign in government spending.
Speaker 1: And if there's no.
Speaker 6: Plan to reign in spending, then taxes will need to go up and debt will continue to go up, which is just taxes.
Speaker 1: In the future.
Speaker 6: So my concern here is ultimately that labor is going to go to the electric with much higher taxes including I mean, really the worst part about this is the unrealized gains component, which means you're going to get taxed on income that you have yet to earn, and that is one of the most concerning parts of it. So look, I think the more that this goes on and the more the debate goes on, the worse this looks for our country, and the worse it.
Speaker 4: Looks for labor pat death taxes.
Speaker 3: I mean, for a long time, the opposition, the Coalition has been talking about them about how it something that's in Labour's plans. They've denied it for a long time, but this certainly looks like they're starting to creep in here.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and look at the second death tax. If you like Carolina, I mean most Australians don't realize if you inherit super generally there's going to be a seventeen percent tax on at least part of that super. This is a second death tax, and that's something that Australians aren't aren't prepared to actually cop I don't think this is a really big issue. And if you look at the mechanics of this tax, you look at three million dollars super and taxes on top of that, and that's not going to be indexed, so in ten twenty thirty years time, it's probably still going to be three million dollars, which is not going to be a great deal of money by that time. It's a really insidious tax, this one.
Speaker 3: And don't forget the Prime Minister and a lot of minister's own benefits won't get touched. That's probably one of the most compaired parts too. Let's move on to another story now, and disgusted parents have lashed out at a prestigious Melbourne private school over a pride month guest speaker that the school brought in. Trinity Boys Grammar School says it invited queer Palestinian activist ba Sam.
Speaker 4: Curbage to speak to its students.
Speaker 3: On the recommendation of the taxpayer funded Victorian Pride Center. According to a parent, Curbage directed students during his speech to look up his social media page, but when they did that, they quickly found a video of him performing a lewd act. Now, the Victorian Pride Center has removed this speaker's profile from its website, and both the center and the school have promised to implement better vetting processes. But Dan, how could the school not have done any basic screening before inviting a controversial speaker like this to speak to children.
Speaker 1: Oh, the principal's got to be sacked.
Speaker 6: I mean, this is just an example of how our education system's failing. And if you're a parent and you're concerned about this, change schools stop donating to these so called elite schools, because this is not the only example of this kind of insidious ideology being put in front of children. And I think it's just time to get real about the fact that the only thing that a lot of these private schools. You know, the very elite ones listen to is the bottom line. So you've got to make it hurt. And you know, I just think this is so removed from basic community expectations of what should be taught at schools. By the way, this is happening in the context of a rapidly declining education sector, where governments are spending more and more every single year, yet results continue to go backwards. Children are less educated than in the past, and they're taught not only this kind of ideology, but they're taught to be ashamed of our country, ashamed of our history, and in doing so, ashamed of themselves.
Speaker 1: So if this isn't a wake up call, I don't know what is.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: We're going to be looking at some of that those problems within the education sector with my next guest, but Pat, this particular sector also has a history of making some extreme anti Israel statements as well. He describes himself as a queer Palestinian activist. I always find that ironic given what would happen were he to actually be living in Gaza.
Speaker 2: Absolutely he wouldn't be able to do this in Gaza, And I mean that's the great hypocrisy that we're saying in the universities especially, but also in this case, in secondary schools where it's not being explained properly. The arguments are basically that let's be pro Palestine, but at the same time, let's blow up Israel and make it cease to exist. I mean, this argument pushing for pro Palestine is actually dishonest in the Australian context and has been since October seventeen seven, twenty twenty three. And these sorts of activists shouldn't be anywhere near a school which is charging parents forty grand a pop to send their kids there. It's a Christian school. And the fact that this wasn't looked at closely, that the due diligence wasn't done by the school, is it characteristic That's been true of our universities across the board across Australia. It's a really troubling thing that this school is actually abrogating responsibility for activists addressing their students.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really concerning and hopefully a wake up call for schools across the country. Let's check in on the Victorian Liberals now, and the party's state branch has been warned that if it goes ahead with a plan to loan former leader John Persuto the remaining one point five million dollars he needs to pay Moira Deeming, it would lose the support of grassroots members and trigger a mass exodus of donors.
Speaker 4: Now, Dan, let's not.
Speaker 3: Forget that this is all about Persudo's own decision and the party in backing him to smear Deeming as an Nazi. Sympathize, but simply speaking at a women's rights rally that just happened to be gay crashed by neo Nazis, I.
Speaker 6: Agree, and I think the assessment is correct that there would be a revolt of what's remaining of the grassroots of the Liberal Party in Victoria. I on a personal level, sympathize and feel for John Persudo. I mean, he's gone through all kinds of difficulties and yes it's true that he was the instigator of it. But you know, nonetheless, on a personal level, I feel for him. But it is not the job of the Victorian Liberal Party to act like a bank in essentially lending money to a member of Parliament. If people want to contribute to John's situation privately, they're more than welcome to do that. But I certainly don't think the Victorian Liberal Party itself should be footing the bill for this. And as you rightly say, it all comes back to the treatment of more redeeming and there were many many times along this road where the course could have been corrected, decisions taken not to do that, and that's why we are where we.
Speaker 3: Are exactly So, I have a lot less sympathy for John Persuto than you do down maybe that makes you a better person, but pat is saving Persuto from bankruptcy here and therefore losing his seed and triggering a by election really worth the pain that it will cause to the party in terms of its support from its base and donations if there is an exodus.
Speaker 2: Look, there is a political imperative here. I mean, as a Victorian, you know, I've suffered, along with everybody else with some of the worst governments mismanaging money since twenty fourteen for a very long time. We actually need a decent opposition, And even though I agree with a lot of what Dana said, there is a political imperative here. We actually need an opposition that is not sucking the oxygen out of the room with its own internal battles.
Speaker 1: The whole time.
Speaker 2: We actually need a decent opposition that can actually stand up and offer itself as an alternative dreadful government that we're suffering from from. So I'd like to see the John Prestudo thing go away. Really, you just want it fixed and to go away. Let's move on's let's talk about good governance. Let's talk about policies, because it's been around for I think eight eight months or longer.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: Speaking of mismanagement of finances and Victoria, the Allen Labor government is pushing to acts key budget transparency laws as state data is projected to sor to a whopping one hundred and ninety four billion dollars. In a bill to be debated this week, the government will seek to block a post election budget update from occurring next year and limit executive oversight over the issuing of public money by removing the need for the state governor to approve the drawing down of funds.
Speaker 4: Dan how sneak he is.
Speaker 6: This, Well, we're now in the sticking our heads in the sand face of the collapse of the Victorian economy. This is the last thing that is needed. There needs to be full transparency. There are already questions over the veracity of figures that are presented in the Victorian government's budget. Much of their spending items are either outside of the forward estimates or are off budget entirely, so it's difficult to get a clear picture of just.
Speaker 1: How bad things are.
Speaker 6: But make no mistake about this, this is not just a Victorian issue, because if Victoria's economy goes down, the rest of Australia will need to bail out Victoria. So this is a big issue for every single Australian taxpayer because ultimately it'll be Canberra, through the GST or other grant mechanisms that will boil the Victorian economy out and in doing so we'll drag down the rest of the country.
Speaker 3: Daniel Wild and Patrick Carlin, thank you vote so much for your time.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 3: An academic has been stood down and referred to police by Australia's oldest university after tweeting Zionists should be executed.
Speaker 4: The University of Sydney's.
Speaker 3: Farhad Ali posted last week f sanctions, I want bonus executed like we executed Nazis. When that post was marked by X's violent speech, Ali doubled down. He wrote, don't tell me wanting to see these people hanged like the Nazis were post Nuremberg.
Speaker 4: Is violent. Ali is now.
Speaker 3: Being investigated by both the university and New South Wales police. Meanwhile, the UNI's student protest leaders were questioned at a New Southwell's parliamentary inquiry into anti Semitism. One caught out for giving incorrect evidence about a billboard of Palestinian terrorists that was put up on campus.
Speaker 6: There has never been any such billboard, you know, there's no photographic evidence.
Speaker 10: I would say that your claim that this billboard didn't exist is indeed fake news because I have a copy a photo of the billboard here.
Speaker 1: We never saw any of this billboard.
Speaker 3: The billboard featured this image of October's Sevan mastermind and Hama's military chief Mohammed def among other Palestinian terrorists. Joining me now is the New South Wales Liberal Upper House MP Chris Rath, who exposed that student protest and led a lot of that question during the inquiry.
Speaker 4: Chris, thank you for joining.
Speaker 10: Me, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: Well, look, it was infuriating to listen to some of that evidence just to find, for example, calls for interfarda.
Speaker 10: That's right, I think they're quite dismissive of antisemitism. These student leaders, and indeed so many in particular at the University of Sydney. They try and say that inter farda just means shake it off or shake off, which is ridiculous. We know that into farda is used as a term by so many to mean an armed and aggressive uprising. It has been a term that has inspired so many around the world to enact violence against the Jewish community and against the State of Israel. So I don't think that we should be turning a blind eye when people use terms like globalize into farda.
Speaker 3: You also had the chance during this inquiry to question Sydney University leadership over it's handling of these tweets by that academic farhad Ali. The fact that an academic felt emboldened enough to post execute Zionus in the first place, What do you think that says about our universities.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think that the universities have been very slow to act since October seven on combating anti Semitism. At the University of Sydney in particular, they did very little over twelve months. They didn't shut down the encampment that existed, and that harassed and intimidated Jews. If you look at the farhad Ali example, I think you know that antisemitism is rife at our universities, in particular at the University of Sydney. They try and hide behind terms like well, if we say execute the Zionists, it's not actually anti Semitic. They try and differentiate Zionism from the Jewish community, but we all know that that's complete and utter nonsense. No reasonable person would differentiate Zionism from antisemitism. And that you know that link is is I think really important.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really disingenuous, and I think you exposed how they use that sort of coded language. I mean ninety percent of Jews a Zionists, something like that figure. But of course non Jews can be Zionus too. Many non Jews of Zionis and believe Jews have the right to sovereignty in their own homeland. What did the universities have to say about their handling of the anti Semitism crisis overall? I noticed that University of Sydney leadership actually said that they thought they handled the dismantling of the longest running pro palest in in encampment on their campus, well compared to say campuses in the US.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think there's a lot of revisionist history there from the university saying that they did a remarkable job. But we know that anti Semitism has been on the rise at our universities since October seven. Less than half of all Jewish students and academics feel safe going to our universities. It's a terrible situation that we're in. I think the University of Sydney somewhat reluctantly acknowledged that they didn't get everything right, and I think one of the things that they didn't get right was allowing that encampment to exist for as long as it did. When you have an encampment that is has links to a known terrorist organization his book to Rea, an encampment that proudly flies the flag of Hesbola or the Taliban, or at least flags that resemble those flags, when you have an encampment that is deliberately intimidating and harassing Jewish students, I think that it went on for far too long, and one of their responses seemed to be that, well, there should be maybe another entrance into exams or into classes that Jewish students could use so that they didn't have to walk past the encampments and be harassed by these hard left activists. Well, I would suggest that the better approach would be to shut down the encampments and not to allow those encampments to occur, rather than segregating our Jewish students from everyone else by giving them a special entrance that they could use.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I noticed the university said that it wasn't just for Jewish students the alternative entry, But then again, who else was feeling as rasped by these encampments? Chris Brathware out of time, but I really appreciate you coming on.
Speaker 4: Thanks for your time.
Speaker 1: No worries still to come.
Speaker 3: Lefties losing it plus allegations around plan to assassinate Donald Trump. Kosher Gata has the details, and now it's time for lefties losing it. First, let's do a welfare check on those US protesters, starting with a grown man losing it at a doll of Donald Trump.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, yes, entirely sane behavior, Just like this next protester who claims Hitler and the Nazis.
Speaker 4: Got their ideas from America.
Speaker 11: My friends, when you think about the Holocaust, how they're going to a reference point professism.
Speaker 4: I need us to remember it was not born out of nineteen forty s.
Speaker 12: Hello and his cis talking out from America, from the.
Speaker 11: Archim crow laws, from the first life, first people's and oh, extreme racial segregations.
Speaker 1: That's where he has a playbook.
Speaker 3: Now watches the members of a movement who preach about kindness and inclusivity kindly call for officers to jump off a building. And the kindness continued after protesters found out which accommodation ICE agents were staying out and held a little demonstration they.
Speaker 4: Called no sleep for Ice. So what are the Democrats doing?
Speaker 3: Well, all this is happening, Well, they're pushing a bill banning mosques for law enforcement, effectively forcing offices to endanger themselves.
Speaker 8: And I think the concern is a lot that's happening. There are a lot of people who are engage in these enforcement actions and we don't know are they federal, are they contractors? Are the local law enforcement? And so we're requiring that people not have to wear masks except for some very limited exceptions, and that they'd be identifying information insures that we know who is involved here.
Speaker 3: Despite the violent protest footage we've all seen over the past week, left wing media still insists they're peaceful.
Speaker 4: Nothing to see here, folks.
Speaker 7: A study from the Media Research Center shows that from June eleventh to the twelfth, CNN and MSNBC personalities insisted the anti ice demonstrations were peaceful two hundred and eleven times they were more entire two hundred and eleven times they were peaceful.
Speaker 3: You'd think at this point lawmakers would be trying to calm public hostilities, but some are doing the exact opposite, like Democrat North Carolina state Representative Julie von Hafen, who posted a video on social media that included this image of the No Kings protest of a sign that read, in difficult times, some cuts maybe necessary, with an image of a guillotine and two decapitated heads.
Speaker 4: Classy stuff.
Speaker 3: She later posted a message condemning political violence, and her ex account is now inactive. And here is Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson saying he will continue to resist.
Speaker 9: You've never seen a society improve or expand under this type of fear, and we're going to continue to resist, and we're going to do it in many different ways, whether it's taken to the streets or to the courts.
Speaker 3: I wonder what he means by taking it to the streets. And some Democrats are even calling for the police to tip off illegal immigrants before ice rights happened. Here is La City Councilwoman Amelda Padilla.
Speaker 13: Can we use technology like AI technology to create a situation where your department can identify, Hey, there's agents non City of La in a neighboring town. Everyone go on alert in a way where you can support our business community and our immigrant community to know that it's time. That's something related to the lack of due process, the lack of warrants is about to hit our town.
Speaker 4: You can't make this stuff up.
Speaker 3: Even LAPD Chief Jim McDonald seemed fed up with a lunacy.
Speaker 9: So you're asking me to warn you about an enforcement action being taken by another agency before it happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we can't do that.
Speaker 14: Why not?
Speaker 1: There would be obstruction of justice. You may want to talk to the city attorney about that.
Speaker 3: And if you've ever wondered how these protests have become so violent, you need to look no further than lefties who have time and time again call for exactly that.
Speaker 8: I just don't even know why there aren't uprisings all of the country.
Speaker 12: Maybe there will be.
Speaker 7: People need to start taking to the streets.
Speaker 10: This is a dictator, you know.
Speaker 15: There needs to be unrest in the streets for as well as there's unrest in our lives.
Speaker 9: Enemies of the state. Show me where it says that protests are supposed to be polite?
Speaker 4: How do you resist the temptation to run up and wring her?
Speaker 8: Next biggest terror threat in this country is white men.
Speaker 1: Most of them radicalize up.
Speaker 14: To the right.
Speaker 13: I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is Skyanese contributor Kosha Gada. Kosha Trump has warned residents of Tehran to evacuate immediately, then left the G seven early because of the Middle East. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth has confirmed the US is sending more forces to the region. What do you think the level of US involvement will be in this conflict now?
Speaker 4: And do you think the US will give.
Speaker 3: Israel the bunker buster bombs it needs to properly damage around nuclear capabilities?
Speaker 11: Calin great to be with you, you know, That is the central question on everybody's mind right now, and honestly, it is a difficult one to answer because it is exposing a clear divide in American politics right now, and particularly on the right of the Trump based Trumps electorate and his constituency, and that is that by and large, they are very supportive of Israel's sovereignty, Israel's right to defend itself and to do what it deems is in its national interest. I think there's full agreement there. But where that line starts to break and the divide appears is what the level of US involvement should be. And Trump's core base is staunchly opposed to it. They are war weary. The US is coming off of twenty twenty five years of really failed or very anemic interventions in the Middle East. Don't want to get dragged back into it. And then the question is, if you start to give a little bit of artillery or these types of bombs, is that defensive or offensive? Is that taking us down the slippery slope of greater involvement? And right now that does not seem to be where the mood of the country is, and I would have to think that it's not where Trump's instincts are based on everything he's ever said throughout his tenure, political campaign, campaigning career, and even before that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, such a hard one for him to straddle, especially with his base, as you point out, because if he does nothing and he doesn't help Israel, then will Iran be able to progress with its nuclear plans and become a threat to the whole world, including the US and the rest of US. You know, there have been these stunning allegations that have come out as well from Israeli Prime Minister Bench Yahoo, who's accused iron of actively planning to assassinate Trump, who the Iranian regime had identified, he said, as a threat to its nuclear program.
Speaker 4: Take a look.
Speaker 14: They want to kill it. Look is enemy number one. He's a decisive leader. He never took the path that others took to try to bargain with him in a way that is weak, giving them, giving them basically a pathway to a rich uranium, which means a pathway to the bomb, patting it with billions and billions of dollars Toosha.
Speaker 3: Is this Israel trying to get more help from Trump in this conflict, or do you think this could actually explain all the unanswered questions that still linger over the two assassination plots against Trump.
Speaker 11: You know, it's another example of where it's so tricky or even impossible to know that for sure in the fog of war that we're in. You know, there are lots of reports out there, some conflicting, some true, some untrue, some rtially true, And the reality is that we will never know probably the true extent of how much is true or not in there. But it is certainly conceivable. I mean, we know that many people have tried to and continue to try to assassinate Trump or any leader, especially him, because he has taken a different approach for many many issues globally and domestically, and it's a violent world out there, so it is certainly not outside the realm of possibility.
Speaker 4: It is also possible.
Speaker 11: That these things are part of the stage craft that different leaders and nations obviously do by mixing things out there in the public discourse as one tool in how to influence public opinion. So it's probably somewhere in between. But I think the overall picture remains unchanged. That we talked about about this really fundamental central question that Trump is grappling with He is a peace snake by nature. He doesn't like war, he doesn't like US involvement. He's very much focused on domestic policy. But the world is on fire right now, and each day that goes by, he is getting a little bit sucked into that picture. And time will tell how this all unfolds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he has talked a big talk with Iran, with Hamas, saying if you don't do what I say, in Hamas's case, they will be held to pay. We didn't quite see that from the US perspective. And with Iran, you know, if you don't hit those that sixty day marketers to make a deal, then then you're going to have to face the consequences as well. Meanwhile, Israeli bombs have hit Iranian state media studios in Tehran, causing one of their television hosts to flee.
Speaker 4: The set's.
Speaker 3: Kosher NETNYA, who pointed out, well, this isn't simply any news channel but a tool being used by the Iranian regime to push propaganda on Iranians.
Speaker 4: But extraordinary footage there.
Speaker 11: Really not something you see every day for sure. And you know, back to our theme of having the fog of war. It's really hard to know exactly what's going on. It is clear that Israel has waged a really exquisite military campaign so far and just the way they've been able to use intelligence coupled with their military might to execute what they have in the last few days. So for sure we could see that being true. It is also, I'm sure possible that the Iranian government is promoting, you know, footage like this on purpose to try and again affect public opinion not just domestically but globally in terms of what Israel is doing. Why are they striking media outlets as opposed to nuclear facilities or the missile bomb and things like that. So that's I think part of what's in the mix here. But this it is a reminder either way that this is a big deal. It's a very hot conflict. The stakes are high, the risks are high, and it is escalating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kosha, I also wanted to get your reaction to Donald Trump's decision to ditch Albanesi at the G seven.
Speaker 4: But should we really be surprised about that?
Speaker 11: You know, it's a fair question. It's not a good day for Prime Minister Albin Easy as it wouldn't be for anybody who's on the receiving end of a public rejection, if we.
Speaker 4: Want to call it that.
Speaker 11: But just based on the topic we've discussed again, the world is on fire and there are other bigger pressing issues out there than trade relationship between the US and Australia. So I think there's some in the Prime Minister's defense. There is truth to that that the president's schedule is very busy. Things happen. He also canceled a meeting with Prime Minister Modiam India, for example, another very important country and important relationships. So I wouldn't read too much into it, but it does show that if this administration here is not able to be more proactive in developing diplomatic relationships and getting a breakthrough with the Trump administration, then sort of spills out onto the world stage and certainly doesn't make them look particularly strong.
Speaker 4: No, it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Well, let's look more closely at US politics now and fifty seven year old of Vance Bulter, the man suspected of shooting two state Democrat politicians in Minnesota, has been arrested after a two day man hunt, which saw authorities track him into rural woodlands.
Speaker 4: What more do we know kosher.
Speaker 3: Are there any more insights at this stage into his motivation for these attacks?
Speaker 11: So the story is still unfolding and developing. Different officials have come out and said that they have reason to believe that it certainly was politically motivated. They're being a little bit tight lipped about what more that means underneath it. Allegedly, reportedly there was a notebook that had been recovered from his possessions that had a target hit list of other political leaders that apparently he wanted to come after or was thinking about going after.
Speaker 4: Those names haven't.
Speaker 11: Been released yet officially, so we don't know. There's different reports and rumors there of who it might be, which might shed some more light. I think one of the most curious things about this case is that the state senator from Minnesota that he did assassinate and her husband, she is a Democrat, a lifelong Democrat. However, she just came out hours before her assassination and voted as a sole Democrat in favor of a Republican majority bill in the state Senate. So read into that one made it's tricky to exactly figure out what he's doing, but it sounds like just another example of violence. It tends to be coming from the left right now, whether you look at the assassination of the United Healthcare CEO or other cases. But we don't know all the details yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and also the fact that vance Bult was reported laer tim Walt appointee to one of.
Speaker 4: His boards as well.
Speaker 3: But yeah, a lot more to run on this case, no doubt. Now, Donald Trump has directed federal authorities to ramp up deportations in blue cities, saying on his platform Truth Social the US must expand efforts to detain and deport illegal aliens in America's largest cities, such as Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York, where millions upon millions of illegal aliens reside Kosher. Given we've seen the violent protests over the past week in the US, how do you think this move will go down there?
Speaker 11: It is going to continue to be the firestorm that it is. I think it's a stark reminder to everybody how difficult this is. Again, Like the big picture is America has something like forty plus million illegals in its country. About ten million of them came in in the last four years under Biden. Willfully because that was the policy it's the only thing we can interpret from that, and look how difficult it is to get them out once they come in. The Public sentiment has completely shifted. Even lifelong Democrats, moderates, center left independence are all in favor of master deprotations. It's a shift that I haven't seen in my lifetime in terms of how quickly that's happened. So the public support is on Trump side, but the logistics and the mechanics of getting it done is really really difficult because of these protests, because of judges or we ruling or issuing these nationwide injunctions and all the rest of it. So this fight is not going to be easy. But he is going street to the belly of the beast, which is these blue stats. These Democrat states are sanctuary cities infamously where they just defy federal immigration law and law enforcement. And so that's where he's going, and he's got three and a half years left to do it.
Speaker 12: Well.
Speaker 3: Speaking of one person who's definitely not in support of these mass deportations, New York State Attorney General Letitia James, who's facing a federal probe at the moment into allegations she engaged in mortgage fraud. She is investigating now local police for misconduct. The misconduct being allegedly helping the Trump administration to crack down on illegal immigration by cooperating with ICE and other border agencies. Kosher, what did you make of this?
Speaker 11: She is still clinging to that sanctuary city mantra that guided New York a very famous sanctuary city and state, along with California and Illinois and others. And she's still clinging to that. She is somebody who has gone down in infamy as the attorney general presiding over a state that has had an increase in crime and poorly managed budget and so many other things.
Speaker 4: And what did she do.
Speaker 11: She went after then candidate Trump and his business in which there was no harm, there were no victims, the whole thing where he allegedly overvalued the value of his properties to the banks, even though he paid back the interest, got that conviction which is now working its way up the court, and I think will be dismissed. But she did that, and then the irony is really delicious that she's the one now being investigated for mortgage fraud. And then on top of that, now she's doing this so she's not going to go down without a fight. But she is not a figure who is sympathetic, and she certainly has not covered herself in glory.
Speaker 4: No, she certainly has not.
Speaker 3: Very quickly, we're almost out of time, but former Democrat governor of New York, Andrew Cuomo is facing and ethnics complain over he's alleged failure to disclose the more than two point six million US dollars in stock options he has an advanced nuclear technology before launching his New York mayoral campaign. Kosher, how damaging of these accusations.
Speaker 11: It doesn't help, and it's just a payline on a series of things he's had in a fall from Greece from at one point he was a front runner for a Democrat leadership and this is just piling on to him. So he's definitely down, down and out for the party.
Speaker 4: Another person not exactly covered in glory.
Speaker 3: Kosher Garter, always great to speak to you, Thank you for your time.
Speaker 4: Still to come.
Speaker 3: Meghan Markles speaks out about her infamous twerking video.
Speaker 5: D D.
Speaker 4: Dun Levy has the latest.
Speaker 3: Welcome back joining me now is veteran broadcaster d D.
Speaker 4: Dun Levy.
Speaker 3: Did he former ten executive producer Rob McKnight has lashed the network's replacement for the project, ten News Plus, which is set to air an hour earlier than its predecessor at six pm. He said, this is going to be a multi billion dollar disaster for Ten. Not only have they failed to create a unique brand with this show, but they've worked on the assumption that viewers of ten News at five pm will continue watching news on ten. Every bit of research and ratings I've seen over thirty years in the industry shows news viewers will watch ten at five pm and then flick over to nine and seven at six pm. He also said that if ten News Plus is to have any chance of succeeding, it had to set itself apart from the woke sermonizing that alienated viewers and sank its predecessor of the project.
Speaker 4: Did he do you think his assessment is right?
Speaker 16: Absolutely one hundred percent in Rob's very experience, and I do appreciate his opinions, I think is correct. I think Ten have really come up against it with this idea because they say that they're chasing a more mature audience, because we know that younger people are not consuming their news. In fact, any content at all on free to wear television these days, and that mature audience is already rusted on over at seven and nine. You know, any given night, if you look at the two biggest shows, the biggest rating shows of the evening, it's going to be the seven and nine News. So that audience that ten are chasing are already settled in somewhere else, So they're going to have a lot of trouble trying to get them to watch this new offering. I think its name is really name. It doesn't tell us anything about what we can expect to see and like it or not, whether it's real or perceived. Ten has people can perceive it as being woke, and that's another thing that they're up again against in trying to get people to watch this show.
Speaker 3: You're right about the name ten years plus. It sounds like a new iPhone or something.
Speaker 7: I mean.
Speaker 3: While Meghan Markle has broken her silence on the infamous twerking video she posted to her Instagram last week while in labor with daughter Lillibat, here's what she had to say.
Speaker 15: It's also a really great reminder that with all the noise or whatever people do, they're still a whole life, a real, authentic, fun life.
Speaker 12: That's happening behind the scenes.
Speaker 15: I'm just grateful that now being back on social as well, I have a police where you can share it on my own terms.
Speaker 3: Diddy, I got to say, I watched that and the last thing that struck me was authenticity. It all seemed to be a really sort of I don't know, choreographed, almost moment of spontaneity that she showed correct and.
Speaker 16: I think that's the issue here. And there was a couple of grabs released from another podcast that Megan has gone on, and one of the things that she said that she would like most is for people to tell the truth.
Speaker 4: It tells us.
Speaker 12: I think that she knows she's got a problem in people's perception of her, that she's a liar. You know.
Speaker 16: She painted this image of her on the Netflix show that she released recently, saying that she sat in front of the TV eating TV dinners while her brother came out and said, that's a load of rubbish.
Speaker 12: We weren't poor at all. You know.
Speaker 16: She tried to tell us that she never knew who Prince Harry was before she hooked up with him, and that's surely a lie.
Speaker 12: I don't believe a word of that.
Speaker 16: I think she knows that people can see right through all of her.
Speaker 12: Fakery and it's coming undone. It really is.
Speaker 3: And the Sussexes have now released never before seen footage of Prince Harry playing with their two children to celebrate Father's Day. Did he I thought they wanted privacy?
Speaker 16: Yes, Once again, this is an example of them saying one thing and doing the other. She's using her family now as currency. She's obviously addicted now to the sugarhead of the likes that she's getting because she's starting to release more of this stuff on Instagram. But I also want to point out to Meghan, that's not your father, that's your husband. Maybe she was posting it on behalf of the children who asked her to post that, But how about repair the relationship with your own father, Megan, because that would be the one I would think I would appreciate seeing a post of her with her own dad. We know that she doesn't have a good relationship with her family, but it's again just I think, an example of her being manipulative and using her family to get what she wants, and that is the attention which she's getting.
Speaker 12: Unfortunately, we're giving it to her now, are we?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we are.
Speaker 3: It's hard to give her the benefit of the doubt though, did I mean not just her own father. Think about the relationship between Harry and his father, King Charles and how she's played a role in helping to pull them apart. And speaking of King Charles, well, he's shared his own touching Father's Day message. He posted throwback photos of himself and his sister Princess Anne playing on the swings while their late father, Prince Philip pushed them, as well as a photo of his wife Quinn Camilla with her late dad, Major Bruce Shand from the April two thousand and five wedding day. Did he I found these a really touching tribute in contrast to perhaps what Megan.
Speaker 16: Had to share well exactly because it seems and feels and probably is authentic and look. I as much as anyone would love to see this relationship between Harry and the rest of the royal family repaired.
Speaker 12: But I think he's damaged it beyond.
Speaker 16: Repair with the release of his book Spare and all of these attacks that he's having to go at them in the press, and he's saying that still this issue of the security if he were.
Speaker 12: To go back to London.
Speaker 16: You know, they're so in fear of their lives and because the Royal family won't provide them with the security that they want, that that's never going to happen. And yet we go back again to what Meghan has done in releasing all those pictures of the children. If they really were so concerned about the security of their family, why would she be releasing pictures of the children's faces the way she's doing that.
Speaker 3: I thought she was going for a phase of covering them up. You make a really good point. It doesn't make sense accept as a sort of crisis management desperate crisis management tool.
Speaker 4: Dd Dunleyvy. Thank you so much for your time.
Speaker 12: Thanks Carolyn, and that's it for me.
Speaker 4: Up next is Newsnight. Good Night,