Speaker 1: You're on the air, which Jason Lauren Clint is here as well, coming up your chance to win five thousand bucks and we are listening out for I haven't little in speak and.
Speaker 2: Sharon he's in Melbourne this week.
Speaker 1: When you hear it, give us a ring and tickets will be yours Thursday night. Can't wait.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, I saw this thing on Instagram over the weekend that had me in bed on Saturday morning sobbing. And when I say sobbing, I mean like tear in floods of tears. I'm talking about Eric Dane, the actor who passed away last week. Now, he he was battling with als, which is it paralyzes your body basically.
Speaker 3: A form of murder Europe, like what what.
Speaker 2: Neil Dannaher has.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: If you don't know who Eric Dane is, he was mc steemy in Gray's Anatomy. You'll never will never forget that scene where he walks out of the steamy shower.
Speaker 1: In the town. How he got the name?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he was MCS see me. He was all so cal Jacobs in Euphoria. But most importantly he was a dad to two daughters and as a family, I can't even imagine watching someone you love suffer with a hideous disease where your brain stays sharp but your body just.
Speaker 3: And correct me if I'm wrong. He went downhill very quickly. I think it was a very brief battle, maybe nine or ten months.
Speaker 2: It was quick Jesus, and he's an advocate for als, and he decided to sit down and do an interview for Netflix. It goes throughout fifty minutes, and I haven't brought myself to watch the whole thing yet. I was like, I need to be in the right head space to watch this. But it's called Famous Last Words, and it's He did the interview knowing it wouldn't be released until after he'd passed away.
Speaker 1: So how soon after he passed away?
Speaker 2: Well, he passed away last week and it's out now.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So the clip that they released on Netflix was a message to his daughters about oh, it's so sad, about how to embrace life and how to live life because it's and while it's a message to his daughters, it's a poignant reminder of how fragile life is, how quickly it can be taken away from you, and how important it is to live in the present now It's a five minute clip. I've clipped up a little bit. Some of his language is hard to understand in parts, obviously because he's suffering from als. But it's so incredibly important to listen to this and just take a moment to think how precious life is.
Speaker 4: Silly and Georgia, these words are for you. I want to say four things that I've learned from this disease, and I hope you won't just listen to me. I hope you'll hear me. First, live now, right now, in the present. It's hard, but I learned to do that for years and whileing and worrying and self petty shame and down. Second, guess mas, they should have done this and never should have done that, the president and all you have treasure, cherish every moment. Second, fall in love, not necessarily with a person, although I do recommend it as well, but fall in love with something. Find your passion, your joy, your purpose, your dream. Then go for it, really go for it. Third, choose your friends wisely. Find your people and allow them to find you, and they give Yourselose to them. My friends come to me, We eat together, watch a game, listen to music, and don't do anything specialated show up. That's a big one. Just show up and love your friends everything you have. Hang on to them. They will entertain you, guide you, help you, support you, and some will save you. Finally, fight when you face challenge, health or otherwise. Fight, never give up, fighting to your last breath. This disease is notly taking my body, but it will never take my spirit. Million Georgia, you ow my everything, good night, I love you. Those are my last work.
Speaker 2: M Wow.
Speaker 3: There's actually an amazing symmetry between Eric Dyane and Neil Denahos some of the things. Then he touched on the whole show up messaging. You know, always show up.
Speaker 2: Fought and choose your friends, your time and the people that will show up to you.
Speaker 1: A lot of simplicity. I don't have to be going out, have a laugh, listen to music.
Speaker 2: Yeap, and fall in love and if it's not with a person, which he high recommends you do do but if it's not that, fall in love with just something, something, something that makes you happy and living life right now, which I think is so important because we get so caught up in in things that have happened in the past and what might happen in the future, and sometimes we do forget to live in this very moment that we're living in, and he's a walking example of how quickly that can be taken away.
Speaker 1: I remember just thinking it's a cliche, but you're at the end of the year of I's like, you know, how am I going to approach to you differently? And I was like, live, not exist? Do you know what I mean? So easily we can get our routines totally.
Speaker 3: Those beautiful girls of him have lost, have lost clearly something special, but they will always have those incredible, haunting words to live by.
Speaker 2: Also so brave, I think, in that moment when you know your life is being taken away rapidly, to actually sit down and do something which is going to help other people. What a man mixed me.
Speaker 1: And nice of the family to share that, do you know what I mean? Because that'd be tough.
Speaker 2: It's a fifty minute Netflix interview and I just think I need to be in the right space to watch it. But I actually can't wait to sit down. I think it'll give everybody a different perspective on life.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you put that up. It's just a good little reminder.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, sorry, I know that was heavy, but I highly recommend if you watch the whole thing, that you go and watch that five minute clip. We'll put it on our socials as well, but just stop for a moment and appreciate what we do have. Wake up feeling good following them on the socials.