Speaker 1: I get a team, I'll come to another instorming the you project. Doctor Cam's back. I don't want to say he's our favorite because all of the others will get upset and hurt because they're all precious little tights. But he's right near the top of the list. But before we go to him, who looks like he's sitting in some fucking intergalactic space station, I might say, we'll go to the girl over there there that just smashed my emotions not more than ninety seconds ago and essentially told me I'm a piece of shit, so I wouldn't do the same to you. But well, now he does look into galactic Hi.
Speaker 2: Tiff I just want to tell team typ out there listening that probably the first time I've ever heard you're not be self deprecating. And I jumped on it, and then I was like, oh, that's he's never not nasty to himself, and now you've just pummeled him for it, and I felt immediately felt bad.
Speaker 1: Do you know what that is? That's that's God convicting you, so you probably need to repent. And oh, dear hi, doctor Cam, how are.
Speaker 3: You, hello, Craig, Hello Tiffany, I'm wonderfully. Well, thanks, do.
Speaker 1: You have any I know, we opened the spirituality door a little bit. We just fucking you just opened it, put your foot in, your toe in, and we just had a bit of a do you ever have you ever been in your life? Particularly maybe you've told me this and I can't remember. I'm sixty one. That's my excuse. Have you ever been religious at all? I mean in the organized religion sense. No, I know what you mean. I'm just thinking.
Speaker 3: You know, we went to Sunday school, and I went to a school where I was sitting in a chapel three times a week, so I'm unversed with the verses, if that makes sense. I never did. I never got it was probably never off my own volition that I went right into it. I've probably been exploring more spirituality rather than relig and I guess is where I sit now, it's all what I find is well, particularly Christianity, is it's be really good to people and deferential to like that you're not the only thing on this planet. I think that's a really I think they're really really good principles and so, and I feel like that weaves its way through a lot of spirituality. As well, just without the without the book, I.
Speaker 1: Guess I feel the same. I've done a bit of reading in that particular text, that theological text to which you refer, and I always say to people, probably not so much the Old Testament, shout out to our Jewish friends, but in terms of living day to day in twenty twenty five. And also there's a lot of wisdom and insight in the Old Testament too, of course, but probably more specific to if you just read the New Testament, and some of them like verbs and psalms, and some of the like the first five books of the Old Testament, which is Genesis, Exodust, Levitica's numbers, Deuteronomy which they called the Pentachua, right, and also that is I think is the first five books that Torah in Judaism, cam do you know anyway, I'm not any anyway anyway like that. There's some like really heavy shit, right, I'm sure God wouldn't call it that, But in the New Testament writing.
Speaker 3: This is going to be some heavy ship for the.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Imagine if Genesis started. Look, this is going to be pretty fucking heavy. So batten down the hatches, get ready, you know, instead of in the beginning, yeah, he said, look, before we get to that, I just want to give you a heads up on what's coming so you can emotionally and mentally prepare yourself. Maybe I should write that, was I going to say? Yeah, But like the New Testament, there's just a lot of you know, kind of hey, be a good human, don't be a prick, you know, think about others, have a purpose bigger than yourself, and you know all that kind of other awareness stuff that we talk about in psychology, and you know, just like there's got to just a lot of good generic messages that aren't the worst things to live by.
Speaker 3: Are the great things to live by? Absolutely? Yes, the no, I agree, I agree, And probably where the I get fascinated with the idea of choice and fate and coincidences, universal happenings, whatever it may be. But I I guess most people around the world considerate that there is something greater than themselves. There's you know, the minority are atheists, So the majority of us all believe that there's something above, something around us, whatever they may be. And I really like the idea then that, well, if there's something that's greater than us, then there's a above ourselves as a greater purpose, as a purpose that we have on this planet. And I find that that where I found that very very interesting in the work that we're doing is if there is a purpose why you're here, let's say a divinity to that, and you were here to experience a particular thing and to impact things in a particular way, which is something that you could draw from all of that, then would you go about making a body and a brain that allows you to fulfill that purpose? All of these things are partly created. And this is where I find it fascinating with biology. You know, Eddie Hall was definitely here to lift heavy stuff, you know, whereas the person who won the high jump is definitely not. And that's intention, that purpose and when people are in their flow, and you know, I guess we spoke about this a little bit last time with purpose as well, but I find there's a fact that that's a lot of the science that we've been looking at as well is how can you depict purpose from biology? And there's a really interesting connection with higher levels to that as well.
Speaker 1: Could I take it a further step with Eddie Hall, By the way, everyone Eddie Hall is he competes in the World's Strongest Man events and is renowned and regarded as one of the greatest of all time. And as doctor Cam said, just a monster, a monster of a man and a monstrously strong man. But maybe maybe we could go maybe his purpose wasn't to lift heavy things. Maybe his gift is to lift heavy things. And in that profile and that brand and that recognition and that audience, that gives him a platform to share his message or his purpose or his reason. I know what I mean. Maybe that's just that maybe the conduit between him and humanity and the message. I don't know. I'm just saying, like, I don't think I was born to talk, but I think maybe because I have, I better be careful because Tiff will shoot me down. I'm just fucking with you. Because I have an ability to talk and communicate. That's the tool that I have to use to maybe live my purpose, whatever that is.
Speaker 3: Yes, and that's where I you know, if there was, but there's for me, there's a belief that there is a purpose to the how, not just to the to the what.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yes, and that's where Eddie Hall's how is. He was born with this body that could just get really really strong, and no matter how much training I did, my body, my bone structure wouldn't be able to tolerate that kind of weight and I would break very quickly. So the yeah, it's interesting, that is where I'm fascinated. And then it's interesting you're actually saying this. I was literally yesterday's as part of my homework from obviously the experience that I shared with you last time is what do I actually believe about these things? And probably what are my beliefs of the way things work. And I've had a fair bit of information that's been provided to me, books and people and all that sort of stuff that I agree with in many cases. The but what I've found myself really fascinated by was this idea of like in some belief systems as rituality, there's this universe and then there's an infinite amount of multiverses and then within that container that infinite container. Outside of that container, there's infinite multiverses like multi multi meta multiverses or whatever it may be, and then outside that is nothingness and everythingness or whatever. That's one way of how people can reflect on this information, and then at that level time doesn't exist. Because time's just another dimension, and so everything's happening that has ever happened and will ever happen right now. So what's the point? You know what I mean? It really makes it, But then you've got to and I was trying to unpick that. It's like, because there's a very real reality of being on the planet and having this experience, and what do we do with this experience and what are all of the markers that we can measure to say that we're on track. It's the physiology of love and flow and happiness, and we're spoken about this previously too. That's this game in this reality right now. And what I've been thinking about as well is that the closer you get to your physiological best, the least disrupted you are in connecting with your higher realms. That's what I've been because as people sort of get into bad behaviors and they go into significant stress, there's just an incredible amount of focus on their physical self and I've just got to survive. But as people become more healthy, more well, more less limited in their physicality, this is when they start creating greater access to greater information or to their higher cognitive centers and then I guess the spirituality and higher consciousness, whatever that may be. So it's as I've been sort of unpacking these things, you know, what are we actually here for? And my thoughts are at this point, So I definitely didn't think we've been talking about this today. The more aligned you are with purpose, with how with what you're doing with the relationships, like, the more connected you are, the more access you have to everything in existence. And so that's the game that we're playing.
Speaker 1: Hmmm. You know, he's the interesting I mean, there are so many interesting things about as you were saying that about the better our body is, the more access we've got this and that. On a level, and I don't disagree with you, but on a level, I'm like, that makes sense. But then I think about back, so I think, you know, back in the day, I was quite churchy, but I went to a really weird church. Right, let's call it a cult. Okay, let's call it that. And my pastor was this old dude who was not particularly well had emphasema was old, was well. He was the closest thing that I ever met who was essentially a hotline to God. Yes, now he was old week for feeble he could he could, you know, explain the Bible to you. He knew every verse in the Bible, every you know, all the Greek, all the the Latin, all the bloody whatever it was originally written in and and but quite the opposite of what you're describing, right, So I I also think there's you know, like one of the challenges for us. And by the way, everybody, if you're not interested in this sea tomorrow, it's been great new project. It's Tiff and Harps and doctor Cam because some people right now like fuck and hell but and I get it. But if it's for you, stick around. But here's my thing, right, We're really like, you're one of the smartest people I know, and I said that to you before, and we love you being on the show, and I respect you, and I'm not a dummy. I'm not a genius, tips not a dummy. But we don't know fucking anything compared with what there is to know. Yes, Like all we're doing is theorizing about multi universes and there well all of that, and you're right, but it's then we're trying to analyze stuff which really is illogical in many ways, and we're looking at a spiritual construct or idea through a quite often an academic lens or a logical Oh, that doesn't make any sense. Like when we say that doesn't make sense, we're basically saying to me, I don't understand that, and within the framework of what I call possible or logical or reasonable, it doesn't fit in there. Therefore that's bullshit, or therefore that's illogical, and it's this is I reckon. This is the ever present challenge. Is we're all such cognitive creatures. We're all such reasonable, sociological, psychological, practical creatures, not all of us all the time. But trying to understand something that's none of that is a challenge, right. It's like trying to understand the mind using the mind as the fucking tool to analyze the mind, but times infinity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the idea of belief is so separate to the cognitive construct anyway, you know.
Speaker 1: That's the And it's like I've said many times, I'll shut up after this, But it's like some like I know that I can pick up my phone and I can call Tiff and she's going to answer the phone. I don't know how the fuck that works. If somebody said to me, Craig explain in some detail what's going on. I couldn't explain in any detail how that works, right, But I don't need to understand how it works to be able to tap into it. Yeah, I can benefit from this thing that I have, which to me is essentially analogous to mystical and magical. Like to me because I don't know, and I just push these buttons and Tiff goes, what do you want? I'm like, I've got no idea how that happens, but I can use that every day. And that's my kind of analogy with the mystical and not so much magical but perhaps spiritual.
Speaker 3: You know, it's so interesting you talk about that in that way. It's like, well, this is the practical reality of it. Luck, just get on and play the game, don't be an asshole to people, and live a life that makes you happy. And I'll actually speak to a really good friend of mine, and I know that you've been predicted as a connector in previous podcasts. She's a connector as well, and she was saying exactly, I think it's just like it's just practical, get on with it. It's meant to be fun. I'm like, no, but I've got to I got to understand the wise, you know, like this is the search that it has because I need that whatever that sits behind that. But I find that very interesting. Getting back to your point about the person with the gift who was incredibly connected is I feel like from my experience and meeting, like I've met the two spiritual leaders of a particular country and they are just on another planet as far as their insights and what they can say, and absolutely incredible what they could deduce, what they're bringing down, how they simplify things and the easiest way possible. But it is so profound, and that just penetrates you further than the longer you get to reflect on it. It's absolutely fascinating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's where the profundity lives. Like where the profound like the simpler. It is like when people tell you amazing shit in simple ways, I'm like, I want to be more like you. One, thank you for sharing that with me. And two, fuck, that would have taken me ten minutes and everyone would have been confused, and it took you ten seconds. And I'm enlightened. Like that's a gift.
Speaker 3: That's a gift exactly. And this is one of the house because just like Eddie Hall's got a gift, like, there is no way that I could lift five hundred kilograms off the ground a few times. It's not a chance. Like some people have this gift that's they're just way more tapped in. And it was interesting. I was speaking to one of them. I go, how did you know that you were going to be like this type of healer? Yeah, and he's because he went around and did a whole bunch of stuff to people in a very strange fashion that was absolutely mind blowing. And he said it was from young I have the eyes of a healer, Like people could see my eyes, they recognized my eyes, like this was something that I was born into. It wasn't something that I learned. It was something that I got identified and then I was able to use that as well. And so just like people have physical gifts, I'd see your priest as a person that's got that gift, and I'd be fascinated. Is if he took care of himself, what would happen? Yeah, And just like I could if I was sick and almost dying of COVID, I could talk about personalized health. That's just it's an easy thing that I could do because that's just where my love and my passion is. But I just I'm better at it when I'm healthy again. So I.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I was just going to say. I remember one day being at church. I was in my early twenties, and I was always a bit cheeky and I could always communicate quite well and all of that, but insecure, you know, all the bullshit, all the emotional, psychological, all the issues inskewe a self doubt, wanted everyone to love me, you know, fucking body, all of it, right, But what I could do is if somebody had a bit of a go at me, I would come back with like heavy artillery, verbal artillery, and I would decimate them, and my rational well fuck them they started. It's like, well, if you're going to start, I'm going to finish it right. And I could do that. And clearly that's not a nice thing or a good thing, but it was. My thing was Oh it's always you know, it's fun. And anyway, one day we were standing around, we were in a group. Someone said something. I said something back, and a couple of minutes later I just saw his name's passed Milton past Milton just floating around and I just had this feeling he's floating around for me and he'd heard it or part of it, and he called me over and I'm like, fuck, he called me over and he goes he used to call everyone dear one, Like dear one. He'd say dear one and I'd go yes, pastor he'd say now, he said, you have a gift. He said, you have a gift, and you need to decide if you're going to tear people down or build them up with that gift. Okay, And I said okay, and then he just walked off. I'm like, fuck, I took seven seconds. That said everything in seven seconds and then just walked away like Yoda into a cloud.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm like, that is and I knew exactly what he meant. And he's like, you need to decide if you're going to tear people down or build them up. I'm like, okay, I'll try to do option B. I'll do my very best to go guarantee. Yeah, no guarantees because I'm flawed. But yeah, I think it's a really interesting door to open, you know. And two, I think also the I don't know if it's it's a human thing or a me thing. And a few people that I've spoken to, but I think, let me know what you two think. But I feel like it's a human thing that we don't like not knowing stuff, so we like to have an opinion.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like people get frustrated when they ask me what do I think? Not that I get asked a lot, but I've been asked quite a few times over the journey, what do you think happens when we die? And I literally go, I don't know, and they're so disappointed. I go, well, firstly, I do not know. Of course I don't know. Secondly, this is what I would like to happen, you know, like to come back as a fucking unicorn or whatever. You know. But yeah, here's a working theory of mine based on nothing really other than a hunt or intuition or I don't know, you know, but that's the truth. But like to go, I don't know. People don't like everyone wants to be right, and everyone wants certainty because our brain loves certainty and predictability and all of that shit. So when you go, I don't know. But the funny thing is it's in all the uns uncertain, unfamiliar, uncomfortable that we grow the most. I think, yeah, you know, and trying to find certainty in the middle of what is absolute uncertainty for all of us. So rather than I think if we're driven by curiosity, it's a better driver.
Speaker 3: One hundred per cent. Yes. And probably the word that's been very useful for me is preferences, not expectations, right, And it's whatever with the degree of uncertainty that all things have. Like a big part of my brain, my brain loves certainty, particularly like I'm genetically built for give me certainty so they know exactly what I'm doing is the right thing. And what it did for a long time is that that would ruin me because I would create certainty I'm going to go do this, and then I would go through the process and I wouldn't get the thing, and I'd be devastated and I'd be very demotivated because I expected. And what I found was that expectation creates either relief or pain. You don't get lots of joy out of expecting something in it coming true. And so a mentor of mindset, try preferences instead. And I really prefer this to happen. I'm going to try and do everything that I possibly can with what I've got, and I'm really going to prefer this outcome. And that was an absolute game changer for the uncertainty and it's it just yeah, it just creates this wonderful joy when good things go down, but also like a less attachment when things don't.
Speaker 1: What about the propensity that we have to expect people to be a certain way based on how we think they should be, Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: It's like people about this all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, why aren't you more like I think you should be? Why are you like you? And when I say to people, obviously, the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. That's not up for debate. That doesn't mean that they can't change or they won't be different today. It means, you know, if there've been a certain way the last four hundred times that you encounter them, there's a high level of probability they'll be very similar, if not identical, today, Right, So that's cool, that's not good or bad, that's just kind of logic. But then where despite those last four hundred encounters, we still expect that person to be different to us today, or to say the thing that they never say that we want them to say. And then when they don't say the thing that they're not going to fucking say, but they don't say the thing, we get disappointed again and we go they let me down. And then when I go, no, they were just them. Your disappointment comes for this irrational expectation that you have. Now it doesn't mean it's unreasonable. And of course you want them to go, I appreciate you, you're amazing, well done. Of course you want that because you're human. But if they never do that, then it's probably not good to hang your emotional hat on that and as being you know the thing that's going to make you feel good today.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And we see this really clearly in the different types of individuals that exists as well. So there's individuals that use more of their right temporal lobe to receive information. And what's happening at the right temporal lobe is I'm weighing up your tonality and I'm also trying to figure out your intention, and there's a judgmental component to that, whereas on left hand side is left temporal and if you're processing more through the left temper. You'll see people focus on language, but without the judgment. It's like I just want to hear your words. I just want to hear your grammar. I want to hear the punctuation. I want to hear what you're saying, and I want to listen. And we notice that people on the right, the people activators and crusaders in our model, they will be like, I can jump, so why the hell can't you jump? You know, there will be this expectation that I can do it, so that you can do it, whereas the guardian who's normally left temporal, they are so just like, oh, you can jump, that's so wonderful. I wouldn't want to jump, Like there's not that I don't need you to be anything. Some people are just here because they want us. They are naturally geared to support you. That's just the way that their brain works is like how can I find support for this individual? Whereas another person is how can I naturally find competition and rank within the world. And so even those little differences can really help you understand. Like even I look at my child because I'm a right temporal person, and when I look at my kids. I go, ah, when I was playing soccer, I'd be out there kicking the ball every afternoon, getting better at my skills. And my son doesn't want a bar of that. He wants to play soccer, he wants to be the next best thing, but he doesn't want to get out there and commit. And because he just his brain is geared for fun, freedom and pleasure. That's what he's looking for, whereas I'm looking for goals and outcomes and progression. And it's been such an interesting exercise and going, oh, my brain wants to see this, and I have to catch myself with I've been He's been my kid for ten years now and will be my kid for forever. But it's so interesting watching how my brain naturally goes to that's not how I would do it. And then my mouth fortunately has been trained to not say anything in that moment. And I'm getting to the point I was like, mate, just do it, do what makes it fun, and I'm I've had to really train myself out of that process of I expect a particular behavior from you. And it's been through that understanding of just the natural differences that we have as well. It's been profound for that kind of thing, and it makes for immediately better relationships, immediately less stress in your life. And the other thing that I'll say is that when I've been finding that I'm getting more judgmental for people, I now know that that's me. I'm not sitting in my best state. As soon as I'm in my best state, I don't I'm not holding judgment for them. And so if I've slipped with some of my behaviors, because I'm still in that process of I have to be quite firm with myself about if I want to hold this space of you know, just that a presence that's more accepting and more caring and more loving and more open and more just allowing people to be who they're going to be. I have to actually really get myself into the right space because I've had a lifetime of not being there automatically. And as soon as I slip back into that, I noticed that my judgment starts coming up again. And now I know, instead of like I need to get away from this person, I need to think, ah, like I actually need to check myself out, because the only reason I would have judgment is if I feel like I need something to be ranked, I need to be better, or things need to be better, or things need to be different. That's been a really big, a really big shift in the last couple of weeks. It's happened.
Speaker 1: So I'm just going to run through these. I'm doctor Cam's the guru in the space. Tip's a close second or third, and I'm a complete novice in this space. But I'm just going to So the six health types that you use in your system or methodology is sensor, diplomat, activate, a crusader, guardian, connector So I want to ask you a few questions relative to this kind of this model. Do you call it a model, do you call it system?
Speaker 3: What do you call it model?
Speaker 1: Let's call it model. So pH three sixty everybody, if you want to go check out read about what in doctor Cam's kind of models you are not just his everyone's model. Have a look. It's very very interesting. Okay. So one of the things that in fact, I need to be careful how I say this an interesting conversation this morning with someone that I know quite well, who I really hope they don't listen to this. It wasn't bad, but it was a little clunky and they said they wanted feedback, I gave them feedback, and it anyway, let's just say it all turned out fine. They're fine, I'm fine. It was all good. But it was just it was pretty clunky and interesting for a good half hour, right, And for a while there I'm like, well, fuck, I wish I didn't shut the fuck half pups. It's like, because my thinking is a lot of people who go, oh no, I really like feedback. They don't actually like feedback. They like praise, right. They want praise, they want endorsement, they want accolades, they want a bit of love, and of course I want that to write. So it's actually difficult for people when they get real feedback that is from the outside looking in, you know. And by the way, it's just, well, this is how I see it, So I could be wrong, But how I see it is how I see you. How I see this behavior, how I've observed you over time, is if you want my feedback, you know from looking through the Craig window here it is right now, that's people like, oh yeah, no, I want that. I want that, and then you give it to them like fuck you. Right, So it doesn't always go great. But my long winded question is of the six types health types, what are the ones that might really deal well, what's the one that might deal the best with feedback and the one that might be the worst. Do you think, TIF, I'm going to ask Tiff first. I don't know, is this above your pay grade? TIF, but you're pretty familiar. And then we'll get the guru who created it, like censor, diplomat, activator, crusader, guardian, connector who do you think might go the best with feedback and the worst? Do you have an idea?
Speaker 2: Well, I think more around how they might react, Like activators like myself are reactive, so we will say and then think later. So you might find that someone has a propensity to react immediately to the emotion that it brings up and then process it differently later. I don't know, I'm going to let can, I'm going to I want to hear what Cans said, go straight.
Speaker 1: To the source. All right, let's give us your wisdom, IBI one.
Speaker 3: All right, So there's a bit of a structure for this. And activators are hyper sensitive to feedback, so they are activators. Their fiery adrenal, they're reac active, and activators really need to feel like you are on their team. And also activators like figuring out their own solutions. So there's a.
Speaker 1: Okay, stop, stop, stop for one second. Okay, reactivators still on activators. And with that in mind, how would you advise me? Not that I'm thinking of an activator, not that I'm thinking no, I mean this is this is purely theoretical. But if I had to give you know, in some alternate reality, let's call her Jane, if I had to give feedback to an activator in this alternate reality, how would I go about that to produce the best outcome or at least not get punched in the face dot com?
Speaker 3: First question is how you're feeling. You've got to get their feelings vented first. So what's really important to an activator is that they've ex express themselves and they've been able to express themselves without judgment. That's really important. If there's been judgment, they'll suppress their anger for politeness and then it will come out and it'll just keep coming out in little fires. So the first thing to say, hey, how are you feeling? And you want to get a bit of a sense like are they fired up? Have they not had a snack in the last couple of hours. Like there's factors here as to how well they're going to take it on because they're very angry people. I mean that quite genuinely. If they haven't had food, it can completely disregulate their psychology. So I won't to go do too detailed on this, but the.
Speaker 1: So tip one bring feedback and snacks.
Speaker 3: Yeah it snacks, and say just firstly, check in on how they're feeling. So and get them to express they're like, oh, yeah, we were doing this. How do you reckon it went? Like, get their take on it first, Like it's really important to see how it's going first. Secondly, say well, I want you to know like you and me are on this together and we've got to figure this thing out. Can we do that for a second, so it's I am on your team and we're together. That's so critical because activators, their steroid production will naturally go into contest. Even on bloods, we see they have higher iron levels and there's an interesting correlation between steroids and iron and confrontational so they naturally hold a little bit more. They've naturally got more steroid. It's very easy for them to go into nap just because I want to disagree with you, just because. And so the place you need to end of the conversation is you and me. We're on the same team. We've got a problem that we've got to fix together. Can we do that now? It's like yes, right, no matter what, you're with me, great, this is what went down. What's your take on it? So it's super objective. What are your feelings because they're feelings for the activator, and until all of the feelings have been emptied, you're not going to get their logic. So you have to keep saying, how do you feel about it? Great? Blah blah blah blah blah, great, awesome, what do you reckon? We do next time? You know, and if the feedback needs to be direct, like yep, from out like if I like through our team perspective, what we needed was this, this and this, how do you reckon? We would do that again next time. So it's at the end of the day because they are sensitive to feedback. You want them to solve their own problems, but you need you need an expression of emotion first that gets rid of the adrenaline, that gets rid of the contest. It's team based stuff. It's explaining the situation and if they need more educations, they actually do. You know what happened here, this happened, and then this happened, and this happened, which is just how it happens. And what connectors and activators like saying is it is what it is. That's what they love saying as well, it is what it is. So you can say it is what it is? What would we do next time? So and then they're in their own mind solving the problem for the team. Like at the end of the day, activators their their relationship to time is now. Putting them back into the past to rehash all of their memories can actually just be it can feel irritating and to say, hey, in three months time, we've got to do something else. It's like this what we're doing three months that's irritating as well. I've got energy for right now, so let's discuss it as it's happening right now. The more you try and drag them back into the past and how they you'll pull up their feelings from the past, which can then be destructive to the conversation as well. So that would be my first my first step through for the activator. How does that land for you? Guys?
Speaker 1: Oh, I see what you did there? It lands for me? I see what you did there? How does it land? How do you feel about that? Tip? Does it land for you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I feel seen and heard? Wow, enthusiastic. I'm just trying to think about how I'll applied. It's all moving forward.
Speaker 1: Okay. So we've dealt with the high management one, just fucking with you, So who would be it? Who would be somebody that you maybe you can just be a little bit more direct and overt if at all a time.
Speaker 3: So there's the thing. It's the directness, which is it can be the issue for like, the person who's most open to feedback is the diplomat, which is the opposite to the activator. The diplomat is constantly searching for the infinite possibilities that could be considered. So that's their brain. They're constantly filling in their tree of knowledge. They want to immerse in more knowledge and more ways and more understandings. And so when you explain that there's a different way to do something, that totally matches their brain to say, oh, I'm open to that. But the problem is that they absolutely cannot tolerate high stress like. They don't enjoy high stress situations because they have less steroid production, which means they can't fight as hard, so they need being steady. So if you're going to give feedback to a diplomat, you would say, Hey, what what I would like us to do is a SWAT analysis on this thing that went down, And I would love you that we're going to that meeting in a couple of days, and I want you to just collect your thoughts over the next couple of days and then we'll come together and what they'll do, they'll process so much of the stuff and then you can present the analysis as part of the SWAT like. It's a very comprehensive, considerate, considerate process that's going to feel really really good for them. So this is ideal situations where you've got time and availability, but you definitely want the diplomat to be able to think about what you're going to be talking about before you have the conversation. That's very important because they don't like the immediacy of the stress of the directness. And this is what happens when you get an activator and a diplomat in a relationship. The activator fires off. Even though they are really direct with their feedback and they are super cutting with the way that they can say things. They say things with no fluff, pure adrenaline. Here it is that's really challenging for the diplomat, and the diplomat saying I need time to go away and think about that. The active they go, no, I want to talk about it now, and they'll chase them around the house saying, let's sort this out now, because this is the moment now that we need to sort this, whereas the zima says, no, I need time to go away, I need to consider it. I need to go through all of the layers. So their feedback that will be very very good at looking into the past. You say, hey, based on based on what happened, what do we know from the past that's comparable, and what can we teach ourselves because they hold on to the past, they're very good. They've got a very strong relationship with a hippocampus, their memory center. So what I'm saying here is the where possible give the diplomat notice, neither the activator or the i'd say an activator. And this is where emotional intelligence comes in, as well, if you've got an emotional intelligent activator, you can say, oh, that's sucked, and they'll go fu and then you'll laugh about it and they go, yeah, no, that did suck, and then everyone moves on. But if you've got baggage with that activator and there's there's dynamics that are play that make the emotions bigger, then they won't recover as fast as So if it's it's a really good relationship, you can to say I've got to have a we're going to have a quick one here, like bang bang bang bang bang bang, let's sort it now, and let's not say, oh, we're going to have a meeting about this in a day. That's just absolutely torturous for the activator just to because they're now in a state of waiting, which is the opposite of what they want. So if you want to chat with Jane's you say, Jane, we're going to have a chat. You got five minutes now, it's like yeah, it's not like, oh, let's chat about this big thing in four hours. Like they're there now in it for four hours in a place they hate, which is planning. They just prefer to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, here's what I'm going to do. You've never done this before, You're welcome. I'm going to give you five kind of labels that get used in day to day conversation, not not every day, but just ways that we describe people. Completely unscientific, by the way, but generic terms that get used a lot. And then I want you to tell me one which category or which group or groups they might fit in. So number one is the people pleaser.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's a connector, and literally that's how they learn. If we were looking at the learning profile of a connector, they are naturally people pleasing. Now there's other subconscious things that can make you feel like you're not enough and therefore you have to please people. But if we were looking purely at biology connectors, their whole sense is, am I surrounded by happy faces? Do I feel like I belong? And if not, what can I do to predict what that person's thinking so that I can shift my behavior a little bit to make sure that they're liking me, That there's connection still here because oxytocin is driving that response. So purely from a biological perspective, the connector is the people pleaser, and this is what we're teaching kids about in school, like teaching teachers about this in school. You want to be really MATESI with the connectors and like ah ee go on and blah blah blah blah blah, because that then makes them feel like, oh, I want to please the teacher because he's my friend. But if you create this separation between you know, discipline and whatever, they'll just they'll turn off and they'll hate you and they're not looking to please you anymore. So you actually have to have the friendly relationship as the reason that they would learn in the first place. That's that's been very interesting.
Speaker 1: Sound borderline manipulative, I'm going to say, but I think it's just understanding how people works, how people work.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you need to talk to your old eighty year old mum, you talk to them differently than you were the lads at the pub to a five year old kid, like you're manipulating them by changing who you are. You are whole.
Speaker 2: So PhD in that, I think, all right.
Speaker 1: Here's my next one good point tip. Next one the overthinker. Would they go into any of your categories?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the diplomat and crusader can both be in that frame of reference. So the dipmat we spoke about very considerate tree of knowledge, and they have a very sensitive balance of serotonin. Serotonin makes you feel like you're in the right place, doing the right thing at the right time. It's a reward hormone after you've done something well, and it's a pleasure hormone comes with a whole lot of things like I'm in the right place. If they're serotonin drops, it can make their next decision much more difficult, like a bunch of serotonin makes you more likely to take more risks the next time that you do it. So if their gut is off, like if they're over fermenting, eating the wrong foods, if they've woken up at the wrong time, put stress on their body at the wrong time, it can actually disrupt their serotonin production, which are signaling to their brain, which makes them question what should I do here? And because they're very considered, there's twenty different options that might be appropriate for example, So that's how we call them the true ruminant. And then we have the crusader, which is another overthinker. Now anybody can overthink, but these two are classical. The crusader is strategic overthinking. It's like, Okay, what are my outcomes here? What's the best way for me to get there? And if there's any kind of insecurity or any kind of self doubt that comes into that process, then they can be worrying on the same like on the strategy, what's the best strategy? How should I manage this here? And because they've got a very interesting combination. They're introverted, but they're motivated externally by status, so they are deep inside themselves, but they're constantly monitoring how they're perceived, and so they're constantly internally processing am I doing the right thing? Like? Am I'm going the right way? Am I going the right way? Am I going to the right outcomes? So that can create some overthinking as well, and that's it's less related to serotonin, more related to their need for don'tmin like they need to be on track doing a thing with certainty, and if their outcomes are uncertain, if their goals are uncertain, that will create overthinking.
Speaker 1: All right, we've got four to go, I'm figuring out maybe we don't. I've got four, but I'm like.
Speaker 3: Nah, that's right, I can be sure. I'll be suter.
Speaker 1: No, that's all right, now it's fine, we got I mean, what about what about the problem solver? I feel like my training partner just he's on a practical level. Nothing emotional, he's fucking terrible, but other than that, practical things. Yeah, so the problem solver. I like that.
Speaker 3: So instantaneous problem solving is going to be gut feel activators and connectors like their time frame for problem solving is in the moment. It's like, and I've seen this with mother of my children. Something's come up. I'm here like thinking what's the goal, what's the outcome? I'm the crusader overthinking. She's already taken four actions which were just brilliant. It's like, oh, you do that really well. And it's just like there's an instinct for immediate action and the excitement comes and they're they're skill improves when under yours. Whereas if you were to think about, like what's the really pragmatic, practical, grounded, logical way of doing something, it's the combination of the guardian and the diplomat, Like they're very grounded, very real, very old that it just makes sense to keep it simple, loan maintenance like this, you know, and that's like let's just do this simple stuff and then when it comes to the problem solving, so different different types of problem solving. And then the crusader and sensor, they're very gather all the data, be the expert create a better pathway for this problem solving. It's a very logical construct. Activators, connectors very instinctual. Guardians, diplomats very grounded. Crusaders and sensors are very cognitive, very very logical pathway driven with it.
Speaker 1: What about two more? What about the what about the self saboteur, the person who constantly gets in there own way or has a capacity to no one. It might be the overthinker, right, they might kind of intersect a bit.
Speaker 3: I'd say yes, and then the other thoughts went through my mind as well. I feel like that sabotage piece is a that's more of a conditioned pattern rather than something that we're born with. But I would say that guardians could get into that if they were like because they will helplessly selflessly look after others, and so that will then prevent their own ability to move forward, just because they're so giving and generous that they can lose sight of themselves in all of that. Whereas an activator could be this is where it went through my mind as well. An activator is likely to just take some risk and see what happens. And if they're constantly told you're never thinking about stuff and you're always screwing it up, that would eventually turn into lah, I'm just going to screw this up even when I've taken a chance. But if they had the right support around them, they could make those same mistakes and just be told, hey, it's all about fail failing forward fast. Then they would have a different frame off the back of a mistake. So I think self sabatur is there might be some genetics behind it, but I feel like it would be more conditioned.
Speaker 1: All right, So I've got the last one is a choice of two. You're going to pick, and then I want to circle back to ask you one question about religion before we wind up relative to what we're talking about now. Yeah, so your choice between the catastrophizer and the storyteller. Oh okay, so the storyteller the catastrophizer.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean connectors are the storytellers, There's no doubt about that. Like the fun and the feeling and the joy that comes along with like watching people and verbalizing their thoughts with feeling. That is the connector's gift. The catastrophizer A Diplomats naturally have a pessimism, so as they with less stress, they'll they'll Yes, I chose both, mate, just made.
Speaker 1: It short, no worries. My last question unless Tip's got one is and I don't know if this is interesting to anyone, it's interesting to me. Like any of the six types more likely to be religious? Do you think or lean into religion? Yeah, I just wonder if I wonder if we went and got a thousand people who go to church or synagogue or temple or whatever, and we did like an assessment on them, whether or not there'd be a commonality or a theme.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely. You're going to see monks meditating on a hill are going to be much more sense a crusader, so they're much more introverted. It's an internal search, introspection, trying to figure everything out. Wonder one stations don't need external stuff ultimately, so that you're going to see a sensor is more it tuned to that where what's so fascinating is that you know, the like the Christian Revival, like you know, like the music and you get into.
Speaker 1: The evangelical Bible something yeap.
Speaker 3: So there's a particular part of the brain that's particularly heighteneding activators and connectors for that that makes them want to be in sync and in harmony with the congregation. So they're naturally like ooh, like you know, we spoke about activators need to be on a team their brain and connectors as well. I'm geared to feel part of a team. And then when everyone's doing the same thing at the same time, it creates this incredible harmonization which really fires up this part of the brain for them, which makes them like you likely to see them like out the front with big energy and then and then you're more likely to see the like the service oriented religious individuals being more the diplomat and the guardian like I'm genuinely wanting to serve, and the service being of real importance in all of that, you know, like the activator is there for the music and the dance and the expression. The guardian is there to make sure that the collection plates handed around, that the funds are all okay, that everyone's got their cup of tea and their cake at the end. And it's a very different experience of that as well, So it doesn't exactly answer a question, but we definitely gravitate towards different types and different styles.
Speaker 1: I absolutely no idea where we'd go today. When we started, everybody needed a tip for doctor Cam and it ended up being a kind of a story sixty conversation, which is totally fine, So we might as well bang it off and give it a plug. Tell people where they can learn about the different types health types and maybe see who they are, do a little bit of a self assessment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the easiest way to do it is just the just search doctor car McDonald group, Shae group, and there's all of the stuff on there. You can get a digital twin that essentially tells you about all these things about yourself. There's even relationship courses so that you can learn how to be better friends with Jane and understand yourself in that as well. There are we do corporate staff, we're working with schools as I mentioned, and a whole lot of stuff with gym's as well. So it's all there on the page and if you need any support, I'm here for you and.
Speaker 1: What's your mobile number? Again?
Speaker 3: For two to one activate doctor Cam.
Speaker 1: We love you appreciate you. Thanks so much, Tiffty and Cook, thanks for letting me throw you under the bus and doctor Cam bring you back out safe and sound. We'll say goodbye fair but thanks Tiff, thanks Doc, Thanks guys.
Speaker 2: Thank you