Speaker 1: Our next guest is an uzzy music legend also known as the nice Judge on Australian idol.
Speaker 2: Quickly.
Speaker 3: She's a whole lot of fun.
Speaker 4: And she comes with a fun please work with the show. Sorry, sorry Amy the house.
Speaker 2: No, I'm good.
Speaker 3: You don't needly whisper fresh on a Monday morning.
Speaker 2: I'm pumped. I'm ready to go.
Speaker 4: You bloody lie. You just rolled in here and you guys it's been a big one.
Speaker 1: Last night. Yeah, yeah, No, it's been fun. I mean, I put an album out, so I'm like, I'm celebrated.
Speaker 2: Is your time?
Speaker 3: Congratulations?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 5: How do you feel when a new album comes out? Is it like a nervous you excited?
Speaker 3: Are you happy? Is it relief?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm really proud of it.
Speaker 1: I think from start to finish, you know, it's a really solid body of work that I've been working on for so long, and I've had it to myself for so long, and now people are hearing it from start to finish, and it feels good.
Speaker 4: How are you when people hear it for the first time? Because we were chatting about We're Matt Damon on the show right last week and was and their partner Paul are really good friends with him, and on the weekend they watched his new movie with him, and I'm like, I can't imagine, Like, when you're playing the album in France, are you in the room?
Speaker 2: Do you want to be that you don't remove that situation, said.
Speaker 4: Matt stood at the end of the room, and watching.
Speaker 1: It's different, that's a bit different. I yeah, I think like playing it out, you just people just can listen.
Speaker 3: To it whenever they didn't have a listening party.
Speaker 1: It's like if I was in a movie and and I had it and like, yeah, maybe that.
Speaker 2: Would be he was nervous. Yeah, I would be too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 2: Any raunchy scenes, no, that would make it worse.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But partner Paul did start fall asleep.
Speaker 3: Paul snoring. I was like that, he's not good friend Paul.
Speaker 2: You're like randomly friends with Matt Amy.
Speaker 3: It's random.
Speaker 2: That's wild. How did that happen through Paul?
Speaker 5: He's friends with my partner, my fiance. I've inherited his friendship, right, he didn't pick me, he got with me.
Speaker 4: And now they're liking Lauren Moore because she stays away from the movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Work with your partner. Is he the honest? Like, how honest do you guys when you're like, hey, what do you think of this song or I've written this one?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean you need someone like that in your life otherwise you just end up, I don't know, getting a bit in your own head. So yeah, Shane's my voice of reason and my other ear. And he he's also not poisoned by knowing how to play an instrument or like nor knowing.
Speaker 2: Production tricks or whatever.
Speaker 1: He's literally just a civilian who listens to a song goes, I really feel something when I hear that Ye's a really good song, or I don't feel anything that's really boring, and I'm like, okay, cool.
Speaker 3: Do you ever disagree or do you just take He's scolden.
Speaker 2: All the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I'll spend you know, a whole night on like a demo and be so pumped about it and send it to him and he'll be like, I don't want to, you know, upset you, but like it's just pretty average, and then I'll like have a hissy fit and then you do have a Most of the time he'll be right.
Speaker 2: I'll listen to it again. Yeah, it is pretty crap.
Speaker 1: It's just I'm just excited about it because it's new. Yeah, so yeah, you need to, like I don't know, you need to find a balance.
Speaker 4: I guess you always take feedback really well when poor messages are through the show.
Speaker 5: Any listen, he says, you shouldn't have said that, and I'm like, well, it's too late now, Yeah, don't do that.
Speaker 4: You get out of bed and come in here and say but.
Speaker 3: Then I think about it later in my Oh. He's right, yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Every now and then I go rogue and play the shows and I'll talk about stuff.
Speaker 5: And do you have Do you have a favorite song on the album? Is it like choosing a favorite child?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is like that, I guess if you had children, if I had children, But they are my children and I can't pick.
Speaker 3: You can't. You don't have a fave.
Speaker 4: I can tell you now after spending the weekend with my three, your children are the right pick. They go for three and a half minutes and you can turn them off.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, I guess because I have like nieces and a nephew and like what they all have these wild different there's such different personalities, which is like my children.
Speaker 2: I listened to one for one like it depends what mood.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, last time we caught up, I think you were still living on the Goldie with jet skis. And have you moved now?
Speaker 1: Ah? What? Everyone's so like everyone cares so much about where I live.
Speaker 2: It's so it's interesting.
Speaker 1: No good, No, it's fine because I could say anywhere, really you could.
Speaker 5: People get quite funny about their states though he's a Queensland.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm I'm actually in Kingscliffe at the moment.
Speaker 4: Oh that's the retirees area. What are you doing?
Speaker 2: That's where all the baddies are. That's that's where. Like he's cool people.
Speaker 4: God, last time was a Kingskiff.
Speaker 2: It was like we are all on the pokies. Yeah, there you go, so and we're there for the rough.
Speaker 3: So the meat try very competitive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, imagine walking through the Pokey Ring. Things mustn't be going very well with a.
Speaker 2: New album all they're going great? Yeah, how good?
Speaker 4: You're about to hit the ride and go touring again. I feel like you just finished, didn't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe I need to leave the country.
Speaker 3: Just have some sick me.
Speaker 4: You just need to rest, rest, get.
Speaker 3: Some time off.
Speaker 5: No one's sick of you. You can't get enough of you.
Speaker 1: It's been like it's been what's been like three years since I've played big, big Rooms because I did a regional tour and that was not big Rooms, and that was not a glamorous tour, but it was one of the best tours.
Speaker 2: Why so great?
Speaker 3: Why do you love those ones so much?
Speaker 1: They just don't expect you to come to their town and it really turns their town upside down.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry to Ryan, but it was just a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: You Honestly, they're just so pumped, Yeah, excited, and yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Just can't explain the excited.
Speaker 1: Major cities are so spoilt, yeah for every Like, look at all the international artists coming now, it's like it's it's you know.
Speaker 4: Speaking of international artists, you got to work with one of my favorite bands of all time. You've worked with all three now, lads from Blink one, A two, haven't you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do you have a favorite?
Speaker 1: No, they're all They're all awesome and all the songs I did with them are so different and cool in their own weird and wacky way.
Speaker 4: I was gutted when I missed there, come back to it? Was it last year they came out, I think, and they did like a simple plant that was all the old nineties.
Speaker 2: I feel like it was this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, it's been a long year for us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just quickly before you arrive, we're watching the big Oh, the closing sermone Did you get into guys?
Speaker 2: I thought you weren't allowed to say that.
Speaker 5: Well, we're not the time for the fine to be honest, But did you watch Raygun The Breaker?
Speaker 1: I've only just like because I didn't know what was going on, and I've only just got across it.
Speaker 3: She's an icon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she is an icon.
Speaker 3: She did the sprinkler in a breakdance off.
Speaker 5: I like at the Olympics, right, yeah, and she danced like kangaroo.
Speaker 2: That's so hectic. Yeah, I know. Yeah, I've been watching it all unfold.
Speaker 1: Some of my songs would go really well for her, might make a few memes myself.
Speaker 5: We're hoping she makes an appearance at the closing ceremony, but not not so far.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Hey, Amy Shark's third studio album, Our Sunday Sadness is out now. This is one of my favorite rom its. Somewhere that is two friends. I remember actually, last time we caught up with you and we're talking about like when X's get mentioned in songs and stuff, you were saying you don't like to say who they are because it's just, you know, like awkward when you're working with your partner and you have to bring up past.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the best thing about Shane though he doesn't really he's not looking at songs going about me or is that about whoever?
Speaker 2: Like he doesn't care.
Speaker 4: He just like does he put the producer hat on? Go we need a breakup songs to throw the lake over.
Speaker 5: But do people have a contact you thinking it's about them and say, oh my god, is this about me?
Speaker 3: This song?
Speaker 2: It was?
Speaker 1: I learned my lesson the first album through Love Monster because I didn't know what I was doing, and I just wrote a bunch of really well every song is personal. But I went and did things like this where I'd never had done it before, and just unloaded everything and then got flooded with like, you know, dms from people being like what do you do it? Like, you know, just because you're about it doesn't mean I'm over. And so I was like, oh shit, I need to like really respect people more. Like I was just caught up and I apologized to so many people. I was like, I'm so sorry. My whole life's changed. I don't know what I'm doing trying to write songs. I'm trying to and I'm I'm really sorry. So so now I really think about what I say a lot more.
Speaker 3: That must have changed the way you wrote music, though, would have to know.
Speaker 2: I just made a compromise.
Speaker 1: I won't out them right, I won't talk about it in complete detail, like what the actual point the finger.
Speaker 4: X is now in an unhappy relationship in the suburb.
Speaker 2: Darren Sorry, Darren.
Speaker 4: Looking at Amy going God, her life really worked out since she broke my heart?
Speaker 2: Could mention mentioned a cooler name?
Speaker 4: Sorry? I thought, Hey, as the studio album Sunday Sadness is out now, Hey, it's good to see you.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Das.
Speaker 4: Are you You're back on?
Speaker 2: You're back on tonight or no tonight? I got tonight off, but I'm back on it again.
Speaker 3: A baby Enjoy Lauren wake Up Good on No for one hundred Jason Lauren Bood on socials
Speaker 5: H