Speaker 1: We get morning every day, Adela, I don't know Joe's in this country.
Speaker 2: We're obsessed with athletes like that's sweet. We want to know everything about them. We want to know about their personal lives, we want to know about their character and their personalities. Every now and then someone comes along and you go, this guy's built just a bit different. And every time that he opens his mouth and he shows you a little bit, you want more and more. I think we can all agree on this. This is Harry Garside. So that is absolutely how to describe Harry gars Hede. He's an unbelievable boxer, but there is so so much more to this young man than just boxing. Glad to say as well, one, he's got a new book coming out which I'm going to read. It's called The Good Fight. And on top of it as well, it says boxing, ballet and breaking stereotops. That's probably all you need to know to open up the first cover. He joins us right now, Harry, good morning to you, Hey you guys.
Speaker 3: Thanks having me on.
Speaker 1: Oh Harry, thank you so much for coming on. And this is a revelation because I didn't know how he could read.
Speaker 3: And he's going to read a book, but I also can't read myself, and I now wrote a book.
Speaker 2: Thank you for reintroducing me to books, Harry, you mate. Before we get into the book, straight up, I watched your post fight interview at the Olympics, and I watched it alongside my wife and we both said at the same time, jeez, I hope he's okay because you didn't sound good. How are you mane spent a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's interesting. I think when I watched that interview back, I think it's almost like my body in that moment, or when I got back to the room and I really broke down, it's like my body just took over, like something inside of me has just taken over. And I think, in that fact self preservation mode, I feel a little bit numb, and I do I must have been. Each day that goes by, there is like little moments in the day where I find myself getting back into my body and I'm back with my family at the moment, which is amazing. And I think, slowly but surely I'll start processing and navigating like what is actually going on internally. But it's quite amazing what your body does in moments like that, Right, it's just as almost like it's taken over to protect myself.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've watched a couple of interviews posts that and you talk a lot about not defining you sell through your wins and losses. I think that's a really important message for everyone to not define yourself by what you do, or what your job is, or what you know you as a professional sportsman do.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely, I always say that, like, boxing is what I love to do, but it's not who I am. And although I do think it's really important or especially I'm a high performing athlete, right like I want to win. I'm super competitive and I love that, and I think it is really important to always have big, audacious goals that sometimes feel out of your grass. I know the Olympic gold medal definitely felt out of my grass eighteen nineteen years ago, but throughout that process I actually felt like I built my capabilities and I got stronger and bigger, and I grew into a better version of myself. So I think it is important to have massive goals, but then also knowing that like no car, no new house, no no gold medal will actually change who I am as a person, Like It's those little moments in the day where you can like greet someone or help out a friend when they need a hand, or a sibling, like they call you and ask for for help, and you and your help out, Like that's where you build self love and self confidence. And that's what That's what definitely helps me for sure.
Speaker 2: Harry Garside The Good Fight. The book is coming out. I can't wait for this, mate, And in particular, I mean I mentioned it's breaking stereotypes. You might be the biggest pinup for breaking stereotypes of all time. Can you take us through it? Because it's really refreshing in this day and age.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's interesting. I think there is definitely a set of our society that sort of see a lot of what I do, and I guess they sort of they might criticize it or something like that, But I think I generally I really care about humans, and I want humans to grow and evolve and always sort of search for better inside themselves. And I think this book is definitely talking about sort of my search for manhood and the lessons that I've learned in that, and I think it definitely I sort of think the target audience in this is sort of the older demographic like my dad, sort of men, young boys, and then also like all of society at large. So I think I just want people to sort of grow into the best versions of themselves, be curious, and that's what the book's about, right, my sort of search for Mendwood.
Speaker 1: Harry, it's so fascinating talking to you. We could talk to you all day. I want to ask you very quickly. I know it wasn't the best experience in Paris for you, but just behind the scenes, what was it like. I'm always curious about the athletes village, just walking around seeing these absolute megastars, but also was it a couple of people to come back and said it was pretty filthy?
Speaker 3: I was, to be honest. I lived in the Philippines for four months when I was boxing, and I sit from the ground and all you got was a plate of rice and fish every day, So why And I loved it there. The people there are so beautiful. So I'm probably the worst person to ask when it comes to like living conditions, because I can live in the bare minimum. So it was amazing for me to see sort of Jess Fox and Patty Mills. At times I caught up with Bronsie Campbell, who mats just like. These are people that I looked up to when I was younger, so I felt like I was in awe when I.
Speaker 2: Was Congratulations on everything that you're doing, not just in the ring, but probably more so outside. It's really really inspiring. The book Harry Garside the good five, congratulations on that as well. Thank you for the chat mates, and you're an absolute champion of this country. We love you.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you, guys. Thank you.
Speaker 2: One of the spicy showdowns of memory. Still so many talking points on you news read.
Speaker 1: Appy good morning. Isn't it one for the history books?
Speaker 5: It's yeah, we've found out over obviously the last twenty four hours that Thunder, the mascot for Port Adelaide, was punched in the face by a minor by a child. Apparently poor Thunder pour Thunder that coming unfortunately.
Speaker 1: No, well, you don't see a lot of things coming in those suits. Your vision is very restricted.
Speaker 2: Your vision is very very scared.
Speaker 1: Not that he's not real, yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, and confirmation it's not Dane Brogan.
Speaker 5: What I don't understand though, those those mascot suits, they felt like he that's a really thick, like did the head fall off and he got it in the anyway? Sorry, I'm thinking about too much, but they're very thick. You would have thought he was cushioned.
Speaker 1: Cushioned.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we've had that happen over the last twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: That's come out.
Speaker 5: He apparently had a bloody nose, but he isn't going to there's not going to be any charges laid.
Speaker 1: Then on the other side of that, I'm sorry, I can't wait to see that on the court list. He thunder the minor.
Speaker 2: Where is he? There is that giant tell bloke.
Speaker 6: The costume.
Speaker 1: And then we're trying to bounce him out and oide of court and he's running away and he's just got his shirt pulled over his hand. But it's a power shirt.
Speaker 2: It's so hard to say. That's really hard to get.
Speaker 5: And then obviously another thing which just frustrates the absolute crap out of me, is that there was a post put on social media that racially villafied Willie Rioli.
Speaker 1: This is here we are again.
Speaker 2: It's a very different direction because this is just one of those situations where and we've been talking about this yesterday and both football clubs made note of it, both did their research. There's unfortunately always getting to be these absolute little piss hands that are going to do this, and the fact that this bloke tagged in seven AFL meant that it got where he wanted to get to. Unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we've only been speaking this okay, so what So normally these blokes do it and they're drunk or they're whatever, and they come out and they're like, I'm so sorry. But this guy actually actively tag seven AFL.
Speaker 2: So clearly I think the intention was to get this sort of attention, and that's that's where that's when you sit there and go, well, what do you do? And the IFL is very strong that we're always going to call it out. But then this is exactly what this little we'll say it again piss hant wants.
Speaker 1: So this is the dilemma he had in the newsroom last night. It's like, do we name him? Do we give him the attention he wants? And we decided not to because well, that's exactly the desired result.
Speaker 2: You probably have to give attention when Port and the Crows both come out.
Speaker 1: In terms of naming him, and yeah, yeah, have the.
Speaker 2: Notoriety, but that's the it's a fake account.
Speaker 5: See that's and we're going to have this issue until they do something about that. And whether you've got to have a driver's license to have a social media account, I don't know, but there's always going to be ways to get around it to make fake accounts. You look at dating apps, you look at anything unless you have to go through you know, putting your passport and your driver's license in.
Speaker 1: How do you stop the fake accounts?
Speaker 2: And the problem is we can sit here and go, oh, well, just ignore it's fake accounts, some little loser, but really can't think like that, no, because it's a thought that's been generated by someone. So whether it's a fake account or not, it's that's the horrible part. So you just sit there and go, God, how would really be processing that right now?
Speaker 5: The thing that annoys me is that we talk about oh, you know, we used to talk about as kids, sticks and stones and all of this, but like, word's really hurt. And when you see that, and when you're subject to that your whole life, and we know this about Indigenous Australians. Yeah, it's tough. It's really really tough because you don't see Dan Houston. I mean, he's received a lot of abuse, but it's not about the color of his skin.
Speaker 2: So very different. Speaking of Dan Houston, tonight he'll go to the tribunal. Oh my gosh. It's anywhere between three to six weeks. It's very very interesting space, this one because now we're all learning. I think a lot of people have learned last couple days. It is outcome versus action. So it doesn't matter what happened, it is the absolute outcome. And the outcome was that Isaac Reagan got cast.
Speaker 1: Have you done the mess on this?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: How many regular rounds left and how many rounds of finals?
Speaker 2: So basically, if he gets three, then he would be available for the grand final if they went straight through. If he gets four, they'll get the double chance. If they lose, then they'll have to play two more games, which means he'd be available for the Grand final.
Speaker 1: There, Okay, I'm sorry I asked.
Speaker 2: It continues to be a battle between everyone else and sometimes what the ged zs are doing. That's your producers are before we even start this, wake up to yourself. Oh my gosh, with the program. Yeah, okay, Boomer, I'm talking to me and you am I boomer. I don't know if you know the time.
Speaker 6: You're both gen X.
Speaker 2: Gen X booms older, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, boomer hates bless her.
Speaker 1: Okay, Boomer boomers are like retirees. We're not quite there year is right?
Speaker 2: Okay? Do you feel like as a gen Z producers are it's a little bit confused as to what you would potentially put on your resume if you're trying to get a job. Can that be tough?
Speaker 6: That's like a loaded question, not particularly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, some of the things that gen Z are putting on their resumes are really confusing. They're older, of course. Bosses and prospective employers.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So Amy gas Man, who's the owner of a vegan bakery it's called Eat Byami, Gorgeous little Baker in Britain. She's slammed prospective gen Z workers for their unprofessional resumes and emails, which listed being here's a few for it, a Harry Styles fan.
Speaker 6: Oh god.
Speaker 2: Another I listed as having a brat summer as a notable achievement. One person even included that there rubbish at baking, even though the job was for a baking assiste. Very good, very good.
Speaker 1: They're trying to be funny, trying to be witty.
Speaker 2: Is that what they're trying?
Speaker 7: Yeah, they are, and I don't claim them. They are not my gen z people, your paper. But this is this is where it's not fair. I'm only just gen z I should be a millennial anyway.
Speaker 2: Are you right in the A J I'm right at the well then explained to us gen Zetta, what's a brat summer?
Speaker 7: So, Charlie XCX, you know the apple where is Shelly Loves? That's she's having a brat summer. That album that she released is called Bratton, came out in European summer, so everyone is having their hot girl brat summer.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah right, I had A'm sorry, you can't visually say this, but my eyes, I know, into the back.
Speaker 2: Of my did a full three sixty. I could rolled out the back and then came out the bottom of.
Speaker 6: The're on the floor.
Speaker 1: My eyes are having a brat summer.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable stuff. So would you include that she's somewhat of a Harry Styles fan in fact to get this job? You know what that would work for?
Speaker 6: This way?
Speaker 1: If you love Harry and I love Tea, you love jewel, But you're in, You're in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we are taking regimes actually for the Sagurday. Have a latte, stay fro an. Okay, it needs to be very good at squashing roaches and hurting out the mice.
Speaker 1: I like hurting small animals.
Speaker 2: You read, Oh can you make coffee? Nope? Ben for a collaboration, Lady Gargo brought her master with a smile freshe It's on Nova thirty twenty fourteen. How about this the best collaborations that you've ever heard? I like this. Sometimes people come together and like, wow, how did that meeting come together? And all of a sudden they make beautiful, beautiful music. Let's go around the room.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Can we start with you your favorite, if not one of your favorite collaborations of all time. What have you got?
Speaker 1: Well, we played a lot on nov. But Juel Lipa and Nelton John no one saw that collaboration coming. That was an absolute beauty. But this is my favorite of all time. You two and Mary J.
Speaker 2: Blige isn't bin a versatile with his voices? Well, Mary J. Blich, who saw it coming? Not me? Not me? No, probably not you either.
Speaker 1: When I had to redeem himself after he forced his music on the entire planet, And remember that when it dropped into your thing and he couldn't get rid of it.
Speaker 2: It was a gift, but it was one of those gifts. It was much like when your cat brings in half a rat and you're like, this is disgusting, and the cat's like, excuse me, sweetie, that's a gift. How very deep?
Speaker 1: How very dare you not accept this gorgeous little half eaten rat on my behalf?
Speaker 2: Unbelievable scenes? What about you? Producers? Are your favorite collab.
Speaker 7: Of all time? Justin Timberlake and Madonna four minutes.
Speaker 1: Were on the gap farms say the words.
Speaker 2: McCarter who the beers said?
Speaker 7: Justin timerlay No, this was before he was a bad boy, but in this video him and Madonna.
Speaker 1: Are very bad boy.
Speaker 2: Producer, Emily, you got one for us? Because I think Emily is a bit of a closet rap girl. I think I was.
Speaker 1: Very worried about what you're going to say.
Speaker 2: Then I said, rap girl, not rat.
Speaker 1: Well, you know friends like you, middle aged white women that think like middle aged Sorry, Jody Oddie, are you seriously sorry? Lower to middle age?
Speaker 2: It's probably got a few tats we don't know about as well. That's sort of opera.
Speaker 1: We had a few piercings back in the day.
Speaker 7: Anyway, moving swiftly on, Sorry about that future newborn.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, it's not our story to tell with your mom's. But then I wish I was there one day when she tells it.
Speaker 7: Happy Tuesday morning, everyone, Okay, Eminem and Rihanna with the monster.
Speaker 2: Good sir, this is great. It was so forth such flaws versus well from Eminem, which is so expected.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so true.
Speaker 2: All right, thirteen twenty fourteen, your favorite collaborations get involved this morning. Let's have a bit of fun. I've got a couple and this is old school run DMC and Aerosmith and at the time this absolutely relaunched the Aerosmith to save that Yes, the tough.
Speaker 1: As they did that song about coming back from the Moon God, that was oh yeah, I was draining that song.
Speaker 2: There's hits and missus maybe that was a bit of a mess. Yeah, and the other one for me of course, And I just feel like it's a soundtrack of my life, do you know what I mean? And that's when Meghan d. Stallion and Cardi B. Teamed up, make a drop, get up bucket And sometimes music just speaks to you, speaks to your soul. And that's what happened here.
Speaker 1: What's Cardi b saying to you? I'm not even really curious.
Speaker 2: He's saying, just be yourself, have fun and really let loose, ok, because you only get one shot at life, so let's just rip it, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's telling you to clean and mop your flaws more.
Speaker 2: It's hot on, do some chores. Thirteen twenty four teen. Your favorite collaborations.
Speaker 1: He's telling you you've got a couple of toddlers and they are messy.
Speaker 2: That's so messy. We're talking about some of the great collaborations. Chat from Modbury, texted through and I Fall double nine nine one nine, A bit of under pressure from Queen and Bowie. Good pull that Bowie and Freddy Mercury come together. Oh my gosh, it couldn't get any.
Speaker 1: Better than that of real Cool Cats.
Speaker 2: Big time fourteen. Nicole from morphor Varr What are you feeling in terms of collaborations?
Speaker 8: Oh, there are so many, but I can't go past a bit of Celeen, Deon and Neo.
Speaker 3: It's incredible.
Speaker 2: I feel like you wonder how this collaboration came to be, like who reached out to who? Yeah? Is this a motivational song for you? Nicole? Very much?
Speaker 3: Very much?
Speaker 8: So when I'm feeling a bit low or the kids are you know, peeking me off, like right now when I'm trying to make mone, then yes, I just remind myself I am an incredible I am warm and I can do everything, and yeah, yeah, so love a bit of Celeen Dion.
Speaker 1: Very nice, Nicole?
Speaker 2: And can you dance like Neo? And I what can you dance like Neo?
Speaker 8: Oh? God no, I've got two left feet, mate, just like you hazy with your hemmy.
Speaker 1: But it's an interesting one, isn't it hazy? Like? Who is it management that reach out? Or is it just hello Neo speaking?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hello, it's Selene here.
Speaker 2: I think his full name is now so hey, it's knee speaking Nego. I don't know, I'm a dad, But I wonder how many collaborations have been rejected, Like who's tried to collaborate with her? And I'm going, yeah, that's not happening. Sweet.
Speaker 1: That would be so embarrassing, wouldn't it? Oh my goodness? Lee from gaula good morning, Good morning, your favorite collaboration? What is it?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: One too Many by Pink and Keith Urban.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, what does this song do for you? Least lift you up?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 8: I was thinking more of you, Hazy.
Speaker 3: Probably you can get into that one a.
Speaker 1: Bit more, having One too Many?
Speaker 2: It is a great song. And I've got to say, Pink and Keith Urban, who the hell saw that coming?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Great collaboration.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is this the steak, beers and tears? Is that the anthem for and on a Friday night? Is that what you play?
Speaker 2: Yeah? There's a good thing to it, isn't there? Late, there's a real message in this. Just trying to work out exactly what it is? No idea?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, if you have too many bees you'll cry? Oh the key?
Speaker 2: Too many tears? Too many bees or not enough beers? Who's to say the messages? Confused?
Speaker 1: It's your Friday night, mate, you're telling the story.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. Everyone who call through with the collaborations as so serious, So.
Speaker 1: Just relax it ways so smuggled.
Speaker 2: That's true. I am pretty smart, only in this fast. Yeah, we wish they take it outside of this space.
Speaker 1: I hate to hate to break this news to you. But your smugness permeates every aspect of this show.
Speaker 2: What it's like, Yeah, hr meeting type stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, you suggested it will follow through.
Speaker 2: Okay, interesting stuff on that notes. Songs and songs. I song it is eighteen to eleven.
Speaker 1: If the store schooline suggests that I'm really bad at that, I'm not, well.
Speaker 2: That's one what the school line would suggest.
Speaker 1: And history let's go the caller.
Speaker 7: Sorry, all right, same has always got a couple of them. You could go to the call I'm Switzerland today, I'm team Hazy.
Speaker 6: Is Ben from Mount Barkha morning Ben.
Speaker 1: Got Leslie.
Speaker 6: I'll think the beach has got team Jody.
Speaker 1: Hey, Leslie?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 1: Okay? Was it a pity vote?
Speaker 6: Was it?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: No Leslie?
Speaker 2: A Keane right, yes, very keen.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right.
Speaker 7: It is the same as always, three nov hits and provacks orchestralized fast as free.
Speaker 6: We went to a tie rote last time. Not today. I'm expecting. Wasn't expecting a clean sweet from someone today? Song number one?
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 4: Hmm, but no idea, Jee, Sam's got it?
Speaker 2: Stop it?
Speaker 1: You know what I just said?
Speaker 2: Come on, one of your buzzing hang on, we're trying to work it out there.
Speaker 1: I know what it is.
Speaker 6: I don't do name is brother, Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: It's I might as well go.
Speaker 6: You got a buzz in dy?
Speaker 1: Yeah it's I will wait for you.
Speaker 6: Bye bye.
Speaker 1: The the guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, I guess you can have a crack. I will wait by month and the sun. That's crazy. That is crazy because at no stage did I know what that song was?
Speaker 1: Tied again, why do I do it? I name the song and then you time on in with the artists. I'm just gonna shut my stupid mouth. Okay, I don't know what you're doing.
Speaker 7: It all right, gift for having a crack potentially for the wind or for a time break.
Speaker 6: Song number two, Here we go, Johnny.
Speaker 1: Slight control.
Speaker 2: Was quick. What the hell just happened?
Speaker 1: And she least literally just lost control.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, flung yourself halfway across them delivering that one.
Speaker 2: And all of a sudden, it's one a piece baby.
Speaker 6: Was slightly terrifying.
Speaker 4: Girl.
Speaker 2: That was very impressive.
Speaker 1: Some sort of songs and song song song demon dispossessed.
Speaker 6: In the room with us.
Speaker 2: You know, I couldn't even pick that up.
Speaker 6: No, I didn't get it. They did tricky this week.
Speaker 2: To identify the song is actually really really impressive word.
Speaker 1: To identify the artist to be even more.
Speaker 2: Impression even more impressive, and.
Speaker 1: Even saying my name at the same time.
Speaker 7: I personally think the third song is pretty easy, so I think it'll be a fart to the death here o songs through.
Speaker 6: I know he's going to buzz in first.
Speaker 1: Rihanna most beautiful girl in the world. No, no, only go on the world. Come on, You've got to give that.
Speaker 2: I have to give that Rihanna only girl in the world. I'd like to say that I even know what it was. Again, this is crazy, Jody.
Speaker 6: You get one guess and then he gets to have.
Speaker 2: A gust joy listen, listen, but I said that, you're killing yourself here right, you are eating yourself.
Speaker 6: It's one guess.
Speaker 1: I'm the only girl in the world.
Speaker 6: I said it the second time.
Speaker 1: Why can't you you have to give that?
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: Oh don't you bottom lip me? I will?
Speaker 6: That is a win for Andrew. Sorry Jody.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, so what's the official rule you win.
Speaker 6: From Mark win?
Speaker 2: What a journey? Ah Ben, good stuff, mate?
Speaker 8: That was we got carried along the finish.
Speaker 2: Line but that I guess what wins the wind.
Speaker 6: Score to eleven nineteen.
Speaker 1: I'm furious about that because I said it the second time. You have to give that.
Speaker 6: You have to really.
Speaker 7: Simply don't because you have to get it right the first time.
Speaker 2: Ben, Can you please thank Jody for that win?
Speaker 3: Jody, thank you very much for your help.
Speaker 1: But we got thearing you Okay, all right, okay, okay, Ben. I'm sure you're a lovely man, but on this occasion I will say, shut up.
Speaker 2: Then, Joe, you've traveled a fair bit, a little bit. How many countries A question that knows. How many countries have you been to?
Speaker 1: Oh? Not too many, probably four or five.
Speaker 2: I've been to Buggar, have you. I've been to Bali, Thailand and America and that's it.
Speaker 1: But you've been to Beckham, New South Wales, Yes.
Speaker 2: And that feels like its own country sometimes.
Speaker 1: As well, our north of Wagga Woger.
Speaker 2: Sometimes very isolated, very out of this worldly. A gen z travel influencer, and you know, I get all my tips and a bias from gen Zetta's, particularly on our social media platforms. This particular gentleman by the name of Luca Third Mengez he's a German guy's twenty years old. He's traveled to one hundred and ninety countries all over the world, and he says the most overrated country is Egypt.
Speaker 1: Wow okay.
Speaker 2: Young man says that it's basically really really dirty. It's just full of tourists. You can't get anywhere, and when you do see things, you're like, wow, okay, is that the Pyramids? A little bit disappointed?
Speaker 1: Is that the scene of Sex and the City too? If so, that was disappointing?
Speaker 2: What happen in Sex and City two?
Speaker 1: Oh god? They went to the desert in Egypt. I think it was Morocco. I was sorry, sorry, nice all desert to me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, all good.
Speaker 1: Quick with the booze, that's right.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten overrated travel destinations. So in the five countries, you've been to, Joneses, which one, We're like, hang on, that's that's not what I thought it was going to be. In the brush here, okay?
Speaker 1: That was Dublin for me. Really yeah. I was really excited about going to Ireland and maybe you need to go out of their you know, major city. But it was just a bit dirty and we stayed in a sort of very average hotel in the middle of the city and couldn't get to the pub to drink some guinness quick enough.
Speaker 2: To be honest, Remember when you shocked that with this bloke, wasn't he scary the next day?
Speaker 1: Yeah, horrify. That was after the Guinness Fair.
Speaker 2: See I want to go to Dublin. Yeah, I'm desperate to go to the UK, to go to Scotland and to go to Ireland.
Speaker 1: I mean, we all just want you to go to Scotland. So once and for all you can drill down on what is the accent. Despite being married to a Scottish woman, you still can't pick it.
Speaker 2: The amount of people English people that I've offended and vice versa, we're asking them if they were the other country is just mind blowing.
Speaker 1: Scotland's beautiful. It's cold, yeah cold.
Speaker 2: Apparently that's okay. Edinburgh absolutely beautiful then, yeah, okay, news reader Abby, you've traveled to a few countries. What do you like?
Speaker 5: What's funny you just said you've traveled to Ballei, Thailand and America, same as me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: This I'm a little bit worried I'm going to get locked out of the country by saying this. But the last time I went to Bali, I went, yeah.
Speaker 2: Controversial, no, Binan, I know.
Speaker 1: But it just it used to be the place you went. It was really cheap.
Speaker 5: It was nice and hot, and when we went last time, weather was near and it wasn't really that cheap and I wasn't yet everywhere we ate. There was a few places we ate that I went, oh my god, this is amazing, but yeah, I just did.
Speaker 1: I played Devil's advocate here. Nothing was going to top the time you went to BALI got drunk and got a yolow tattoo on your thigh that were happy. You almost going to be disappointed.
Speaker 5: And look, maybe because I am not a silly, silly sausage anymore, maybe that's why I don't enjoy it as much.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but yeah, okay, maybe you learned something. Who for me? Usa? Oh really, in particular LA, I feel like because we see so much TV and everything that we think happens in America is perfect. When you go to LA and I've only been there once and I was pretty young, but I got homesick one stage. Yeah really, I was like, oh, it's so much better in Australia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: It was obviously really really fancy parts of LA but in between it's really eye opening.
Speaker 1: Just a lot of selling sunsets want to go and see the fancy houses over there. Is it not like it's not like that for the majority.
Speaker 5: For the majority, so it is quite dirty. I think I had kind of rose colored glasses on because LA was the first place I got to when I landed, and so you're just kind of walking around going, oh my god, it's amazing I'm here. So for me, I was like, yeah, it's fine, but yeah it is dirty and it is lots of homeless people and that sort of thing as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I reckon. I put on about six ko in two weeks. By the way, the first thing I ate when I got to America was like a six egg steak omelet. Oh is that even? The thing is?
Speaker 1: Apparently because I'm really finicky with food, I would last five minutes over there. Apparently all the food is really unhealthy.
Speaker 5: The best part is when you sit down and you get given a meal and there's a packet of blazed chips on the side, and you're going, what is going on? But that's when you say, say, if you go and get a burger and chips. That's what they give you, is like potato chips. I remember that the first time, and all of us sitting there going what is going on?
Speaker 2: Very dangerous?
Speaker 1: Thteed twenty four to ten. Let's do this. You'r overrated countries? Where have you been? You've thought? Not what I thought?
Speaker 2: Talking about those overrated travel destinations. There's a gen Z travel influencer. It's been to have one hundred and ninety countries, and he has said the most overrated country in terms of too much touristy stuff and just stinky, smelly stuff is Egypt. And that's probably one of those ones where everyone goes, well, yeah, you've got to some stage and you have to get over there and see the pyramids. Yeah, but maybe you get there and you're going, oh now what, Yeah, can I climb it? Probably not? No, I hang from it?
Speaker 1: Probably, which is your Thoult process. Every function you ever.
Speaker 2: Go to, don't you get through room after a couple of yeers and like, what can I hang from?
Speaker 1: No? We don't.
Speaker 2: What can I swing from?
Speaker 1: That's a hazy thing. Definitely. Let's go to Nicole from morphitt Vale.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Nicole, good morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, your most overrated travel destination. What was it?
Speaker 8: It was Venis actually, yeah, so other than than the main square and you know the gondola ride, which it's great, it was just really dirty water and really stinky and very very touristy. And I did. I did Venice with Kiki and they took us to a lot of mafia owned places, so a bit dodge as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry why they take you there?
Speaker 8: I have no idea. I think that the mafia paid them off.
Speaker 1: Kickbags or something.
Speaker 2: Confirmation that all the Italian mafia and stuff like that is like, that is a genuine stereotype.
Speaker 8: That's stroke was like, Oh no, it was genuine organized crime owned places. Fantastic Yeah, like glass blowing, glass blowing places and oh I think it was like a lace Venetian lace place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just places lawnd of money, basically fantastic or an experience. Yeah, thanks to go Cheri from Athelston Morning. Cherie, you most overrated tourist destination.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Hi, Mine was in Italy as well, in Naples. Oh yeah, I don't know. I just felt really uneasy there and yet it was pretty dirty and the traffic was really bad, not like in the Asian countries where it's organized chaos.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was packed.
Speaker 9: Us and I felt like a lot of dodge people around.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I just.
Speaker 9: Felt very uneasy there. I've just come from Greece and I wanted to go straight back.
Speaker 2: Okay, sure, can we just confirm as well? Was it those mafia guys reckon?
Speaker 9: I might have seen a few arounds?
Speaker 2: Are actually beautiful? Can?
Speaker 1: I had Bangkok to the list?
Speaker 2: Yeah you can. Actually we finished it in Bangkok for our honeymoon, me and my beautiful wife car and we had a fantastic night. Yeah, but you're a long places and then all of a sudden, I'll tell you what, Well, you're in some trouble hangover esk, yes, wake up bang tupe of ice and missing your kidneys. You've got to be so careful, so careful producers? Are it? You've just come off your hot girl summer.
Speaker 7: I actually got warm not to go to Naples enough that she said, yeah, not by myself, because I was solow troublers so interesting that she felt that way, but I from everywhere I went country, France, beautiful city, Paris not so good. Oh, Paris was massively overrated. Yeah, I loved my one day, this music, this vibe that was beautiful out the Eiffel Tower, everything else nothing.
Speaker 1: I'm shocking to it. So I went to the Eiffel Tower and the line was too long.
Speaker 7: Oh I didn't climb it. No, no, no, no, it's a two hour line.
Speaker 1: Can't be bothered with that?
Speaker 2: Did we all go to the Eiffel Tower and go? Can we climbate?
Speaker 1: So I did during the Olympics. You remember, yes, scale very damous.
Speaker 5: Oh god, so can we just can we just confirm you've got both kidneys?
Speaker 1: Still? I think so strange Scar them ask any business hazy and Google reviews can make or break Here.
Speaker 2: On Sagurday, have a latime staff from our cafe and we are chocolate block full of positive Google reviews. But the one or two that get through that give you one or two stars, it's deathly. I mean, people look at them.
Speaker 1: It's hard because it pertains to rodents and cockroaches, et cetera. But that's okay. We loss over those and we go to the good one one.
Speaker 2: Hundred percent and they enjoy our coffee as well.
Speaker 1: Sometimes we've seen in the past, in the case of poor restaurant reviews, you see the owner's hit back. Can you remember when I think his temis I can never say it of sprout fame with Master Chef star Callumhan took to social media.
Speaker 2: Thermois the beautiful, thermois beautiful.
Speaker 1: Themist after a customer complained about and I quote overpriced small portions at his new Peer Street restaurant Olive. So he's opened up this restaurant within a couple of weeks. This woman called m T said, I ordered the kingfish crudo dish, which I didn't realize would be so small, and the ice cream sandwich. She bemoaned the lack of bread on the dining table. I had two gin and tonics that it came to seventy six dollars. Would have been good to have an option of salad or potatoes to share. Poor mmity, poor, poor, poor Emmit.
Speaker 2: Sounds like you're a bit of a wine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well and should maybe be Karen, to which Themis has hit back, and he has filed his own response, This.
Speaker 2: Is good, this is what you crave, this is what you grave for businesses a two way conversation.
Speaker 1: So Themys had this to say in response, Emma that this just started with Emma.
Speaker 2: The formalities, Yes, sets the tone nice and early.
Speaker 1: It does. It's a very passive aggressive reply. I have to say, you ordered a starter and a dessert and our staff told you that wasn't enough food, but you refuse to listen. The olives are complimentary. Thanks for showing your appreciation. We do have bred our skills shift bake them every day. You're welcome to purchase it to enjoy with your free olives.
Speaker 2: This is good.
Speaker 1: It gets better. You booked two tables of four instead of one table of a because you didn't want to do the mandatory and generous sixty nine dollars tasting menu, but then expected our staff to combine the two tables mid service. Let's be honest. I'm not sure where the problem here.
Speaker 2: Hallelujah, Famos, hallelujah.
Speaker 1: I love it when they hit back. But there was a situation that I've been made aware of in Adelaide very recently, where there was a woman who was leaving these Google reviews, but a lot of them of this particular restaurant, and she was repeatedly complaining about the quality of service, the quality of the food, etcetera, etcetera. The ambiance.
Speaker 2: Do you think the intent of that is to get free stuff.
Speaker 1: Well no, the intent of her was revenge, because the restaurant then hit back and openly on Google said, Deirdre, stop filing fake reviews. You were dismissed for a reason.
Speaker 2: Sometimes pass this comes back and bite you in the Bo'm sorry about that.
Speaker 1: Ddrid cop that dear.
Speaker 2: Also, my mum's name is Dedris not hates tri Come on,