Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiical Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining us.
Speaker 2: Today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 3: I'm Britney Saunders and I'm all right.
Speaker 2: Hey, and this is High Scrollers, the podcast version of your favorite group chat.
Speaker 1: We've been sharing our lives online for over ten years, so who better to catch you up on everything that's going viral.
Speaker 2: Plus we talk a lot about ourselves too. Coming up on this episode, we are talking all things divorce. We're talking all things the things that we would never want to do in our lives, our anti bucket list. If you would we saw a trend on the internet we thought you'd give. We'd give you the things that we never want to do in our lives, and we don't care if we die and don't do them. Plus, we're starting off this episode with a big twist, buckin' twist, So deal me in Dole, let's go.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Matthew.
Speaker 2: Oh is it a good morning though? Brittany?
Speaker 3: Oh wow? Is it a good morning has happened.
Speaker 2: Now I'm shaking things up this week. Okay, sorry to alarm everyone, and if you've just woken up on this gorgeous, gorgeous Tuesday morning, I'm about to flip this episode on its head because I just need to get someone off of my chest.
Speaker 3: It looked out are we doing Matt's rant?
Speaker 2: Play the intro Hannah Matt's rid of the week, And you know what, this week, I'm all about that intro. Fuck it up because I need to get something off my chest, and I feel like I can't wait till the end of the episode to do this. First of all, it's got to do with washing your car. And I'd like to ask you, Brittany, do you wash your own car? Do you go to an automated car wash? Or do you get someone? Do you pay someone to clean your car?
Speaker 1: I have paid someone to clean my car twice, like just at the shopping center. How you just leave your car with him and go shopping and that's it. I think I've only ever washed it like twice in its lifetime.
Speaker 2: You never watch your car? Are you washing your car?
Speaker 3: I don't have time. I do it when I go home to the farm.
Speaker 1: I've washed it myself a couple of times, but yeah, just hose on the driveway. Yeah, but like otherwise, I don't have the fucking time. It's one of those things where I'm like, don't have time.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'm a clean car girlye. I love my car being clean. Yeah, not even just the outside, the inside specifically as well.
Speaker 1: Inside of mine's clean, like I keep that clean and tidy, but the outside, like you look, closes.
Speaker 2: Just like dir and you know how people are like, oh, like you know Star, we know Star, friend of the pod. She put up a story being like I'll give fifty bucks to anyone who can show me a boot with nothing in it, and we'll transfer me. Here's my best being account number.
Speaker 3: Do something in it, like a couple of tops or something random that I've shoved.
Speaker 2: In the spotless everything's spotless. I never have anything on my back seat, never have anything on the floor. All the rubbish needs to be out of it as true much as possible.
Speaker 1: See, but I work full time and we fucking go to photo shoots and like stuff gets thrown in the car.
Speaker 2: Yours is more of a work car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, so mine's always just like random shoes from a shoot or just random shit from work.
Speaker 2: Well, anyway, my car is always clean, and I like it being clean now. I used to do the shopping center one as well, just because it was when I was living where I was living in Sydney and East Gardens Westfield was right next door. And also I think the closest like do it yourself car wash that I knew of anyway that was really accessible and easy to go to was in Marrickville, and I was like, fuck, I can't be bothered, because you know, I'm a penny pincher and I love to make sure I'm saving money where I can, so obviously doing it yourself you're going to save a lot of money. Yes, But I do think that when those little shopping center ones do a great job and they shammy it down and it's spotless and they they have all the two.
Speaker 1: Times that I've done that to my car, I like drive out and I'm like, oh my god, I feel amazing, and then I say I'm going to get this done once every two months or whatever, and then I just never.
Speaker 3: Fucking go back. Yeah, because I didn't go to the shops these days. Yeah, Like I didn't go to the Are you.
Speaker 2: A click and collector yeah? Or a delivery click and collect? See, I still do my groceries again, it's the penny pinching in me. It's the growing up with no money because I need to physically be in store to see the specials.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 2: I love seeing the discounted rack where they've put you know, this box is broken, so this is now fifty cents for this. Whatever it may be, like, I'm all about that. I'm still a bargain hunter. I'm like, let's get all the specials. I rarely buy something that's not on special. Isn't that crazy. There are some things that I'm setting in my ways and I'll buy them regardless. But also the things that i'm setting my ways, I watch for when they're on special and I buy four of them. I'm such a special person. Anyway. The point is back to cars. Sorry, Yeah, right of the week, I have been doing my own because there's a car wash nearby now and it's much more accessible for me for where I'm living. And I do it myself, and I go and do the brush and do this, bry and do everything, and you know.
Speaker 3: To do that back in the day.
Speaker 2: The end it's got the spot free Yeah, spot free rints. You spray it on. It's like a weird kind of waxy kind of water that goes on and it's meant to be a spot free rince. You've washed your car, you put it on, it's meant to leave no spots. Why the fuck? And there're always spots on my car. It's not a spot free rints. Every time I do it. There's spots all over the fucking windscreen, all over the front of the.
Speaker 3: Car, the side mirrors, side wears.
Speaker 2: Body everywhere's got spots all over it. It's not a spot.
Speaker 3: Free rint got to be the biggest scam.
Speaker 2: Stop telling me it's a spot free rints when it's not a spot free rints. There are spots all over my car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with you on that one, even when you go through like the laser wash kind of thing and it does. The last one is the spot free rints. But then yeah, you like look in the side mirror and it's spots.
Speaker 2: Well, that's actually worse the automatic ones where you don't get out and brush the car yourself. The automatic one is almost worse because they have the big fans at the end, so it does the spot free rints. Then you get to the fans and the fans are blowing your car. Well it's not it is spot free, but it's now streaky because the spots have been blown by.
Speaker 1: The bank says spot free rints. So stripes don't count.
Speaker 2: Stripes don't come. My car looks like a tiger and it's all got stripes all over it because where the fans have done the spot free rints and the spot free rince isn't spot free. And then today, like I washed my car yesterday, you wouldn't tell because my car looks like it's been rained on and all the spots have dried on it. And so that's my run other the weekend. I just need to get that off my chest because I wanted to get that negative energy out of me before coming into this episode. And I feel a lot better after getting that off my chest.
Speaker 1: Well, actually, this just reminded me my first ever car. This has got nothing to do with washing, but I blew up my first car.
Speaker 2: What happened.
Speaker 1: It's actually a funny story. So at the time I was hanging out, had he's of friends that lived on the Central Coast, So like forty five minutes from my house, and we would hang out and then I would like he out with them and then go home late at night, so we driving back to Newcastle like midnight or whatever.
Speaker 2: Just as someone who's from the Central Coast, I just need to know where on the Central Coast these friends lived because it'll paint a picture.
Speaker 1: Oh like, yes, why did you not? Yeah, because it's a different time in my.
Speaker 2: Life, little militia vines. I'm assuming it's that era. Its error, yeah, Gorican, yes, continue and.
Speaker 1: So because yeah, they all lived at like blue Haven, Gorican whatever. And so I would come back the Swansea Way. This is just really niche for anyone who is it from New York the Central Coast. And one night I was coming back and it was late. It must be like eleven o'clock at night or whatever. And I must have been seventeen, because yeah, this was when I was not eighteen yet.
Speaker 3: But I had a fake ID? Can I say that?
Speaker 2: I don't know? So we all did. I didn't, true, No, all my friends, like a lot of my friends did. But see, because sorry to go on another tangent, but when you say fake ID, were you just using someone else that looked like you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have I I've got another little story too, just while we're here. I out smart it's so bad, But like, what are you gonna do? I'm fucking in my thirties now, you can't come for me now. So what I did. I had a couple of fake id's and I had three or four different girls' licenses.
Speaker 4: Because they would just the way we would do it back in the day was they would have their p's and then they would go to the RTA because that's what it used to be called before it was Service New South Wales, and they would just say, I've lost my license?
Speaker 3: Can I get another one? They'd get theirs printed, then I'd have their old.
Speaker 2: One and they'd sell it. Would they sell it you.
Speaker 3: Like fifty dollars whatever? And so I had one.
Speaker 1: Girl that I went to school with who I looked a lot alike and people used to like get us mixed up because we worked at macas together. And then I had a couple of other random girls over the years.
Speaker 3: And then I had.
Speaker 1: One of my friends who I looked really quite nothing like, but like close enough, like we both kind of had like chubby cheeks or whatever, but like it definitely wasn't me, but like same hair color, but we just didn't look the same. And so I was worried about hers in particular because I got some taken off me, like you didn't get let in. Sometimes I go, this isn't you, and you just walk away in shame.
Speaker 2: And so that's what I was scared of. That's why I never did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was always fucking nerve wracking. You're waiting around the corner, like, oh fuck, am I gonna get in or not? Because this was before scanners, like you just would show them the ID. So this one friend of mine at the time, Jess, I had hers, and I knew we didn't really look alike. And so I'm like, can you give me like any old bank cards or old Medicare cards? So she gave me a few of her other cards, and then to just take it to the next level, I went to a local leagues club.
Speaker 3: Have I told this story on the pod before?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 3: I went to a local leagues club.
Speaker 1: I signed up her with her ID, and I got a league's club membership card and it was back when you had to get a photo on it, so I got my photo on.
Speaker 2: Isn't a legal going to let this be released.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sign seventeen.
Speaker 2: So this is crazy but so smart.
Speaker 1: And so I got the photo and I remember in the photo when I was getting it done, I was trying to do because this is back when we could smile in her license photos.
Speaker 3: I was doing the exact same smile as her.
Speaker 1: I was like posing boom my face on a card that has her name, and then I had that in mother.
Speaker 3: So then I would go out and I remember one time I went.
Speaker 2: Out, will be a daily article about this?
Speaker 1: And I went out and let you show them the license first, and then they'd say watch your name, like this is when they still do it because of the scanners, but they go watch your name, watch your dead of birth.
Speaker 3: Start signed yep. And I had it all down to a t.
Speaker 1: Then he pulled out his notepad, made me do the signature a thousand times, which I have obviously memorized and practiced at home.
Speaker 2: Then they're all to go to a shitty club and get attend to go to.
Speaker 1: The Cambridge in Newcastle, rip Cambridge, and then they'd go do you have any other forms of ID? And then I'd whip out the stack of like other things along with that, like league's club card with my face on it, and you can imagine their confusion when they're like holding them together and they this guy was like, you look a bit different, blah blah blah. I'm like, yeah, like people change, you know, And so I got let in and it worked.
Speaker 3: So that was that.
Speaker 2: It's one of my favorite stories you've ever told. That's so iconic. People are gonna love.
Speaker 3: That we all did it. No, maybe just me might be.
Speaker 2: A bit divisive, but people are gonna love that.
Speaker 1: Look, I was seventeen and it was a different time, Okay, I just wanted to go clubbing and get fort dollar vodka raspberry. Anyway, back to the car thing. So I was driving back from the Central Coast late at night. I'm pretty sure it was a week night, like we've just been hanging out, and finally enough, I was driving home and towards the Swansea area, and you go from like doing like eighty and ninety the whole way to then like slowing down. And as I was doing eighties in that eighty and ninety area on the freeway, I had my music blaring Evanescence of course, and I was singing to told my lungs I couldn't hear anything. Then I got to the Swansea roundabout and slowed down. That's when you just get back into like your sixty zone. And I turned the music down because all of a sudden, you know, when you like slow down, you need to turn the music again.
Speaker 2: And also you then are like in house, Yeah, there's houses arounds. You like her better.
Speaker 3: So I'm driving along and i can just see.
Speaker 4: This tick t t T tick and I'm like, what.
Speaker 3: The fuck is that ticking?
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 3: Like, I'm just it's seventeen year old. Got all the way.
Speaker 1: From I know this is so niche, but got from Swansea to Belmont for those of you that know Belmont, and I pulled up. I pulled up into a seven eleven and at Belmont, and I noticed that my heat gauge was right up to the top. And so I'm like, oh my god, what the fuck have I done? And I rang my mom and woke her up because it was like a work night. I was like, I don't know what I've done, but the thing is like a full like heat like and it's ticking in the engines, ticking, and I had just fully blown the fucking motor.
Speaker 3: Who and she blew up at me and like we couldn't fix it.
Speaker 1: It was only like a five thousand dollar car, so it like wasn't worth fixing.
Speaker 3: But I'd just blown.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I'd blown, but because I was just driving and I didn't even hear.
Speaker 2: I think the same thing happened to my car. The old Holden Brina that I had that was my first car, was a belt. The ticking was actually the belt that had broken and was slapping against the motor or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what happened to mine, but it was it was gone, and I've gotten so much.
Speaker 2: Also, is it your fault? Like, because this is the thing. I think, like that Holden Burna that I had, fuckingl it was a Hearst car. It had problem after a problem. Like the thing was probably only worth three grand and I probably spent seven grand.
Speaker 1: It probably was my fault because I probably hadn't checked the oil for ages or something. I think it was something to do with that. And then yeah, I just didn't notice the heat thing going up because my music was blaring on singing. I just wasn't paying attention to like you know, so rip it was a little red Mazda Estina.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rap Astina.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but good times.
Speaker 2: What lessons did you learn? That's the important part. Check your fucking oil.
Speaker 3: Check your oil.
Speaker 1: Yes, but see now, I feel like cars are so smart that it would alert us if something's going going wrong.
Speaker 2: My car alerted me not long ago to one of the tire pressures not being correct, and I ended up having a big nail in it and had to get a whole new tire. But I was like, wow, we're living in the future. It was and we actually checked back right, wheel, checked tire pressure, and I pulled over and it was flat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what did I learn? Hang out with people from the central Coast?
Speaker 2: Oh? Well, sorry, you're sitting opposite me, babe.
Speaker 5: Please be upstanding for the royal flush.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get onto our royal flush of the week. Brittany, you go first. I haven't letting you go first a lot lately. I'm kind of loving the vibes.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Mine's a little bit old news now, like a few weeks old, but I think it's still fine for me to say.
Speaker 3: And it's an easy little one. I know.
Speaker 1: We like to leave the quicker ones put the quicker ones at the start. Mine is that Tricia Patus is having another baby. Oh yeah, when I saw about pop up, I know this was a while ago.
Speaker 3: Now I'm just like, go fucking Trisha.
Speaker 2: And you know what because this When I first saw the announcement, the first thing I thought is she had just come off two weeks prior to the announcement her Broadway debut. How she did that Broadway show. And for anyone who doesn't know, Trisha has always wanted to be on Broadway but has never been like casting anything. So she said, stuff it, I'm actually gonna hire a Broadway theater and put my own show on and sell tickets to my own show. And she did like the story of her life in a music hall. That is so cool, and it was her and backup dancers. And she has really still a lot of music over her career, so like she used a lot of her own songs, and I think some covers and things like that. Costume changes the whole lot. But now knowing that she did all of that, pregnant is even more wild than And I even saw some videos of her joking about it on stage, and actually she actually said like, no, I'm not pregnant. I'm just fat, but she was pregnant at the time, and also people did the math and I'm pretty sure that she fell pregnant like six to eight weeks after the last baby was born. Oh, which is very quick, I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just love this for her.
Speaker 1: Like I remember watching Tricia Payters back when I discovered YouTube in high school. She was one of those first YouTubers that I've watched, and she had like a bedroom full of stuffed animals and all sorts of stuff.
Speaker 3: Do you remember that?
Speaker 1: And she would have like bleach bleach bleach white blonde hair and like hello kitty everything and thick black eyeshadow, and she would do like a video talking as quick as she could, like, and that was the content that she was making and showing off her bedroom and all of her stuffed animals. And she's been around for the longest out of everyone I know, and we've watched her go through so many different phases in her life. And now I just love this phase of her life for her because.
Speaker 2: That's a good point that you make. Who else would be as you know, be on social media as long as Tricia Payters has Because just when I.
Speaker 1: First discovered YouTube, it was literally like her, Shane Dawson.
Speaker 2: Who we never see anywhere anymore, Michelle fun who we never see anywhere anymore.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, he's canceled. Uh.
Speaker 2: I mean, Jeffrey Starr did have YouTube videos, but really wasn't a prominent like YouTuber like Tricia Peters.
Speaker 1: Was a guy could tells story times and now he's on TikTok and it's always got the animation playing along with him telling the story.
Speaker 3: I don't know, this guy fell down a stairs.
Speaker 2: Not Ray William Johnson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was on YouTube back then too, I.
Speaker 2: Know, but he's not really like relevant. I feel like Tricia Petters is.
Speaker 3: The most Yeah, she's remained the most relevant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is crazy.
Speaker 1: I know, good on her, Like she's done a lot of fucking crazy things over the years, I know, but I'm just like good on her. When I saw her little announcement, I was like, that's so nice, because I think none of us really ever saw like Tricia going into this chapter of her life on social media, like and now she's just full mum.
Speaker 2: She's a bit Sharon Strizleky in the way that she was always a bit desperate and dateless and hopeless, and she would tell story times of like guys she was seeing and then it didn't go well.
Speaker 1: Watched her have so many bad boyfriends. Yeah, I remember the dancer guy and they would make dances together like that was fucking weird. And then she obviously went out with that older guy Jason.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: But then there was the dancer guy, and I swear maybe he could have been gay.
Speaker 2: Yeah I remember that. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's just cool to see her just her life has complete life still kind of the same, but also like flipped around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, crazy settled down, So she'll have three kids. Yep, she's had two, three kids, She's done her Broadway debut. They married her and Moses is that his name?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm pretty sure they got married married.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know, my memory is awful, hopeless. I think it's actually not my fault. I think it's that there's so much to take in that I can't remember everything, you know what I mean, Absolutely, there's so much going on. And that's another testament to Tricia is there is so much going on on the Internet. Yeah, we're getting fed so many things each day. So for her to be relevant for that long mm hmm, it's kind of wild and congrats to her friend of the pod, Tricia paid Us. She loves listening to high scrollers, she texted me earlier today.
Speaker 1: Actually, I think if we were to meet you know, we talk about if we were to meet famous people, blah blah blah, we would get along really well with Tricia.
Speaker 2: Paids absolutely just eating. Yeah, would just sit there and eat and talk and catch and have fun and just laugh. We'd just be pissing the whole time. Yeah. Yeah, she seems like such a vibe. So that's your royal flush, Tricia paid Us being pregnant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my royal happy flush and happy for Tricia and hope she's happy. I feel like we all feel the same about her in that way. She's just like our friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have a really good royal flush this week that I want to talk about. So this is a little hard for me to explain the video, but it's like more about the conversation that I want to have after this. So I saw this video on my for you of this mother and daughter having a conversation but you know, to the beat of a song and all the rest of that. Let me try and explain it. It's hard to explain when we can't play the song on the podcast for legal reasons, but also it's just text on a screen. Basically, it's the mum and she says, why do you still talk to my ex boyfriend?
Speaker 3: Ooh?
Speaker 2: And then the daughter says, he's literally my dad, and then the mum gets pissed off and sticks her finger up.
Speaker 3: That's the trend, oh.
Speaker 2: Why do you still talk to my ex boyfriend? So it's a mother and daughter having a conversation. The mum's going, why do you still talk to my ex boyfriend? Or why do you still talk to my ex?
Speaker 3: Let's just say my mum is saying that to the daughter.
Speaker 2: And the daughter goes, he's literally my dad. And it's hilarious because I have never thought about this in my life, but it actually makes so much sense.
Speaker 1: I have thought about this, okay, because when my oh, my mom and dad broke up when I was like nine, so I was like young, but I knew exactly what was going on. And then when I was fourteen, my dad stopped talking to me like permanently, and then I went through like years of devastation that my dad hadn't spoke to me in six months, a year, two years, blah blah blah. And I was so depressed and so upset for like all those developmental years in my teenage childhood, that I would be crying most days and didn't go to school, I couldn't get out of bed, and my mom showed me no.
Speaker 3: Like empathy in any of that, which is fucked up.
Speaker 1: But she showed me no empathy and would just say things like get the fuck out of bed, like get over it. He's a fucking piece of shit anyway, blah blah blah. And in that time, all I could feel was hurt because I was so hurt that my dad stopped talking to me, like I was devastated, and I didn't think about it at the time, but like upon reflect in my adult life, I can see why she didn't give a fuck and was like get over him because that's her.
Speaker 3: Ex fucking husband.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, and yes, I think she should have been more comforting towards me in that time and had a bit more empathy.
Speaker 3: But let's not even fucking go there.
Speaker 1: But I get it that she was like, get the fuck over him, he's a piece of shit anyway, because that's just her ex husband.
Speaker 3: Like that's not her dad.
Speaker 1: So she couldn't relate to me, but still should have been a better mother no offense.
Speaker 2: So this is like something that I'm only discovering after watching that TikTok is. I'm like, you know, you like you hear all the time about how like in divorced, like I mean, I feel in my experience, I've heard a lot more about like how the mother does get really angry and and just talk about the ex husband, which is awkward for a child because it's like that's my dad.
Speaker 3: Oh we got fucking dragged through the trenches.
Speaker 1: But actually from both of our parents when they divorce, like I would hear the worst things in the world about dad, and from dad I would hear the worst things in the world about mum, which I think is so fucking unhealthy.
Speaker 3: Like grow the fuck up.
Speaker 1: Like, I have a lot of respect for people that have kids and they split up their divorce or whatever, and they can be amicable for the kids. Any parents that do that, I like take my hat off to them because I know what it's like to be dragged through a divorce as a kid.
Speaker 2: Okay, So in my experience and with my friend group, the running theme has been that our moms act like that or acted like that, but our dads and my dad especially would like never say a bad word about my mum.
Speaker 1: My mum definitely was a lot more vocal than my dad, but dad did say little things, but mum was definitely the perpetrator of he's a piece of shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, yeah, I saw that TikTok, and I was like, that actually is one of those things that I just learned today and realized where it's like, oh my god, like no wonder because I remember thinking, obviously when my parents got divorced, I remember thinking like we went from this household where it was like so loving to all of a sudden just like vicious really is like the word that's coming to mind, Like like it just went from zero to one hundred really quick. And I'd never really experienced that. And obviously at the time, I was like, why is my mom like being so one mean to my dad? But also just like where's this mom come from? Because like she's never really like acted like this at least, I'd never seen that kind of side of her so to speak. Yeah, and I guess I now am like, no fucking wonder because that's her ex Yeah, I think about all of my exes.
Speaker 1: It creates such a mess, especially when kids are involved, like because then your kids are getting flung between these two exes that in most cases absolutely hate each other's guts.
Speaker 2: And also the fact that, like I think about all my exes and the way that it like when it down, it was fucking vicious, like we would go at each other. But now you know, like, for example, the exit, the first exit comes to mind is like disgusting, and we obviously you know, ended on like very very bad terms, et cetera, et cetera. And the last thing he said to me was I hope you get cancer, which is just so fucking wild, right, And I always think about that. I'm just like, I wonder if he regrets or thinks about that moment, because I think about that moment all the time. I'm like, that is such a fucked up thing to say to someone. Even though we were going at each other's throats and we hated each other and we're going through a breakup. I was like, I feel that was just a little too far, you know what I mean. Anyway, so he said that's the last thing he ever said to me. The thing is that like, then you know, a year later, I've not forgotten about him, but I'm like over it. And I'm because obviously I was the one that got hurt in that relationship and I had a lot of healing to do. I feel like he just carried on with his life and went on to the next guy two weeks later. But what I'm saying is now I haven't thought or felt anything about him, or he hasn't impacted my life at all in the last like ten fifteen years. I can't remember when I dated him, but it was a long time ago. But when you have kids with the person you are with, like they will be in your life or you will have a reminder of them or whatever you want to call it. Yeah, like you will have to be in contact with them for drop offs and things like that. You even if you're not in contact, you're still the kid connected to the other person, even if you're not. Like let's take your situation where your dad wasn't talking to you and I'm assuming your mum then, like, you're still connected through you. She's still connected to him through you, So every time she looks at you, like it's like, oh, it's still a reminder.
Speaker 1: Well, like with my situation is like my sister stayed connected to my dad the whole time that he wasn't talking to me, So it was even me dealing with because Emma and I would go to we went to the same high school together, like a few years apart, but like Sharon would go to work in the morning and then we'd have to.
Speaker 3: Get ourselves to school.
Speaker 1: So Dad would come and pick Emma up from our house, and Emma was too young to know and would go nan.
Speaker 3: Nani, nah, nah, Dad's picking me up and not you. You have to catch the bus.
Speaker 1: And then I would deal with the sadness of seeing her drive off with him, knowing I'm about to go get on the bus, and then crying to my mum, but her hating him because that's her ex fucking husband.
Speaker 2: Traumatic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like it's a lot. So I think the lesson to take away from this is be careful who you have kids with.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, was absolutely.
Speaker 1: Like people don't think what people clearly think, but people don't think like when you're choosing to have kids with your partner, like is your relationship gonna fucking last the test of time because if not, and then you've got kids, Like it just causes literally trauma for the kids. And so whenever I just see someone who has parents that are split up, but they're just like friendly and get along, Like my uncle and his first wife split up, but they had all my cousins together, but they have remained friends the whole time. And I've always really admired that, Like, I just really can admire Obviously, not everyone can stay friends and get along because stuff happens in relationships and whatever, but I just can really appreciate when people are grown up enough to put all the shit aside, put all the relationship stuff aside, and just get along to get along for the sake of the kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely admire that too. But I think that like, even if you can't be amicable amicable and get along, I've always my whole life been like why does it get so vicious and bitchy and why does it get so cutthroat all of a sudden?
Speaker 1: And now I'm like, duh, yeah, because people fucking do fucked up shit, right, and.
Speaker 2: It's and I feel like when i'd come home from my dad's house, my mom would just be like in a bad move.
Speaker 1: I wasn't And then when when my dad got with Jackie my stepmom. Oh didn't my mom fucking hate Jackie? You know? And I get it, yeah, Like, but I'd be like, Jackie's really nice.
Speaker 2: I've always been like, why are people acting this way? Why is it? And I'm not trying to throw my mom or my dad or my family under bus I feel like it's a recurring thing with a lot of people. But my whole life, I've been like, why is it this way? And now this one TikTok has simplified all of that trauma for me, and I've gone, it's still a relationship and there's a new girlfriend on the scene, or you know, a relationship is broken down, and then add a house into it and add kids into it and all the rest of it. I think about my breakup with that ex boyfriend and how that ended. I go, can't imagine having a house and a kid and two kids with him and all the rest of that and having to sort out, you know, twenty twenty years being together. We were together only six seven eight months or something like imagine any fucking child support, You've got careers, baby, Like, oh my god, no, wonder people go psychotic.
Speaker 3: I'm not a marriage breakdown I don't wonder.
Speaker 2: It just makes so much sense to me. So that's all I wanted to say, is that changed my life and my perspective on a lot of things. This week I saw a new trend called the anti bucket list. Have you seen this?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: And it's basically for those who don't know the things that would never be on your bucket list and that you'd never want to do. So obviously we have our bucket list, as we know, I'm taking a lot of things off this year, and the bucket list is the things that you have to do before you die. The anti bucket list is things that you would be happy to die and not have done. The first thing that comes to mind for me skydiving, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'd never do that my life. Skydiving. Never do bungee jumping actually.
Speaker 2: A lot of bunge jumping is another one for me. Would never do a lot.
Speaker 3: Of things that Tanya said. I was like, yes.
Speaker 1: She also said the cave diving, which I know we've spoken about on the pod already.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: Never going to climb in.
Speaker 2: A fucking cave, not doing cave diving.
Speaker 1: And same with hers climbing a mountain like Mount Everest and whatever the fuck?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, thanks, Yeah, I feel like I have no interest in going above and beyond in life. Like to put it simply, I have nil interest in going going above and beyond in life. I'm happy to live my life. Do fun things exist. You know. I'm not climbing Mount Everest, I'm not going cave diving. I'm not going skydiving. I'm not changing the world. I'm happy to sit this one out, baby, someone else can do it for me. I'm happy to not be a billionaire.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think of anything that I got more.
Speaker 2: Oh what do you mean her?
Speaker 3: Okay, you tell me.
Speaker 2: One other one of mine?
Speaker 3: Ab sailing, yep, oh don't.
Speaker 2: A lot of these. You will see there's a running theme here with physical activity. Another one of mine. Now, this one isn't as big as the other ones. But scuba diving.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'd never do that.
Speaker 2: That's I'm happy to die and never scuba diving.
Speaker 3: Shark cage diving.
Speaker 2: Now. I have tried scuba diving before when I was in Fiji, and I didn't get past the So you have to do a training session in the pool, Yeah, one on one. You put the scuba you put all the stuff in, and then they just have the swimming pool like a little scuba swimming pool, and you just have to like sink to the bottom and learn how to breathe, and they just go, Yep, you're good, let's go out. I couldn't get past that, even with like not even two meters of water above my head. I was like, I feel like I can't breathe with this tank, and get me out of here. I was very claustrophobic, and I don't often feel claustrophobic, so I can't imagine actually doing it in the ocean neither.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: Another one I wouldn't do is just like be interested in hiking.
Speaker 2: Yeah I would hike, though would you hike?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: And is it like to take it to another level going on a holiday day to go hiking. Yeah, that's fucked like people that go on holidays to go hiking.
Speaker 2: So what constitutes a hike? Like could you go google girl please, Hannah? What what makes it a hike as opposed to an outdoor walk? Because I when I was in La went to Runyon Canyon.
Speaker 3: Yes see, I'll do that.
Speaker 2: So have you done that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, but like.
Speaker 1: I would do that when I'm like you go see a two risty little walk. But just like hiking in general, going on different trails and paths, and I don't know, it's different if you're like in La and wanting to see like the Hollywood Hills.
Speaker 2: So Google says a hike versus a walk. So while both involved being outdoors, a hike is generally considered a more strenuous activity than an outdoor walk, typically typically involving uneven terrain, significant elevation changes, and potentially longer distances, offering or crying, often requiring sorry, well I can't fucking read today, requiring specialized foot wearing gear, whereas an outdoor walk is usually on a fl a well maintained path. Okay, so it's about the you're going up a rocky mountain and you're actually hiking up all.
Speaker 3: Please form the same category like ab sailing, Like I never do that. Yeah, I'm trying to think of like non.
Speaker 1: Thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are there any places in the world. We've spoken about this before, though. You couldn't give shit about anywhere in the world, could you. You know, there's places on my bucket list, but there's.
Speaker 3: There's things that go lots of places.
Speaker 2: I have been to the Olympics before, but that's one thing that I couldn't give shit about. Sorry, sports people, but if I never went to the Olympics in my life, I would that wouldn't hate myself for that if I died?
Speaker 3: What else?
Speaker 2: What else? Go to church?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's a bucket startum for anyone, though, do you know what I mean? I feel like that's like what could you please look up? Go Google? Sorry, I'm really put in your salary. Can you type in like the top things on people's bucket lists?
Speaker 3: See the lights?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's on my bucket list.
Speaker 3: See I couldn't care less. I didn't see that.
Speaker 2: Float on the Dead Sea is one of the most popular ones.
Speaker 1: That's not learn a foreign language. I'll never learn another language, I don't think really, unless I'm like old and bored.
Speaker 2: Just because you can't be bothered or because you don't think you could, I can't be bothered. Yeah, okay, buy a house, go whitewater rafting. I did that in Bali. It was quite fun, really, run a marathon. A lot of these very physical but of course I actually it's not on my bucket list, But I do think that I will run a marathon in my life.
Speaker 1: Visit the Stone Henge. Have you seen that video where the girl is going?
Speaker 3: Is that it? Have you seen that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It's tiny, Like she's saying how tiny it is? Yeah, isn't she? Yeah? I feel like bucket list things seem to.
Speaker 3: Be a lot of go horseback riding. Yeah, would you ever do that?
Speaker 2: But see why is that on your bucket list? Is that like not accessible to a lot of people. I've done horseback riding, have you?
Speaker 3: I've only been on like the pony.
Speaker 2: Bruce Magooch, Like I was like, really sore.
Speaker 3: Who's a horse girl?
Speaker 2: You've got a bone like right under there?
Speaker 3: Yes, I'll tell you your tail bone.
Speaker 2: No, no, underneath Like it's hard to describe, but it's like in between, in between that be in between. If you push on that, there's like, well it's not really a bone, but you can just it's firm.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Fuck it was Bruce for weeks after a horse run. I think because you're going up and down, up and down, up and down, and I was hitting, hit and hitting. Anyway, who's a horse.
Speaker 3: Girl, April? Would you pick that?
Speaker 2: Oh? She's genuinely a horse girl that rides horses. Yeah, I thought you just meant because horse girl, I feel these days, doesn't even mean.
Speaker 3: That's just weird. I went to boarding school.
Speaker 2: Oh, here we go down on the mike, Hannah. Hannah wants to have a toll. Let's see what she's got in store for us this week? Is that watermelon? Is it potato? Under the scene?
Speaker 3: Is this a rare thing?
Speaker 5: And people look at you funny when you say this. I went to boarding school, but I took my horse to boarding school with me, and he lived at school with me.
Speaker 3: That's cute.
Speaker 5: We had a question in school at our school, So six am every morning I was down there giving him pay. That's c And then after school every day I had to ride him. And then every weekend I went to competitions.
Speaker 3: I reckon, that's cute.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll leave it at that. I've got so much to say, and I don't know where to begin.
Speaker 3: First name was Timothy?
Speaker 2: Can I ask? How does that? How does that? I love when animals have a real human name. Calling a horse Timothy is fucking unhinged and I love it. Sorry, How does having the horse and bringing it and having all that responsibility how does that feed into the curriculum and you know your your sport.
Speaker 3: It was like my Saturday sport.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, I see that. But do you get points for that? In school?
Speaker 5: It was just like an extra points. It's like drama club.
Speaker 2: Yeah okay, yeah, but I got points from a drama you know they counted towards my atar is what I'm on. The horse riding does it? It was just like you just had a real passion for it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we had an equestrian school connected.
Speaker 2: Anyway, there are a lot of things on this list here on Google that I feel are like kind of you know, like on the bucket list. It also says adop a pet, it says ride in a hot air balloon. I feel these are really like accessible things that people could do. Have you ridden in a hot air balloon, Brittany.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was fun for the first like two minutes, and then you're just like, man, Yeah, By the way, I'm speaking of subjects like that just reminded me. I checked my Facebook memories today and on this day, fifteen years ago, I wrote freeze by yourself so fun like a free period.
Speaker 3: It's good looking forward to tape. Freeze as in like frozen free period bias.
Speaker 2: Yeah, freeze by yourself looking forward to what were you learning at tape hairdressing?
Speaker 3: Surely no, Weirdly enough, I was doing business studies. Wow, who would have thought? And also, Matt, I've got.
Speaker 2: A did you complete the tape course?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: But Matt, I've got a memory of you and I eleven years ago?
Speaker 2: Oh what were we doing eleven years ago? What would that have been?
Speaker 5: Fourteen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't even think I had started YouTube then.
Speaker 1: I don't even understand what this is. You posted this on my wall and you wrote in like speech quote marks. You know how people are like, oh my god, I idolize Kirkcoleman dot dot dot dot dot me. Are you saying that you?
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, I, oh yeah I did back in the day. Absolutely, So I think you must have said that either on a more stories. Probably won't a thing, but like maybe you've said that in a video and I'm quoting your video on your like I've watched your video and then I've quoted you because you've gone I don't understand how people idolize Kirk Coleman, And I'm saying I'm one of those people. Yes, I fucking love and I will be a Kirk Coleman stand till the day I die. I love or actually you know what I will say, shit, that's from that music. Fesseval was that when years ago, seven year ago, what music was a hot dub wine machine. God, that was a crazy day. Was it was insane? Actually? But yeah, actually I take back what I said. I love Kirk. He's a good friend of mine, gorgeous. There are some things that he says that I absolutely cannot agree with and think is think her a bit fucked. But for the most part and for the back in the day, I just saw someone who was their true, authentic self, just trying to get through life and they were constantly bullied every day on the Internet. And as someone who was constantly bullied all throughout high school, I was like, I'm team Kirk Coleman because all he's doing. Who cares if he wants to fake tan every day and put on the bloody orange just fake tan? Who cares if he wants to say? I like Kirk Common really was like the blueprint for the self love movement. Hello him standing there going I love myself. And now we're in a time and age where like, if you don't love yourself, why don't you love yourself? You're so beautiful, you need to yourself.
Speaker 3: But him saying that trigger it everyone back in the day, and we're up yourself.
Speaker 2: So I always was like I understood Kirk Coleman and what he was trying to say and what he was trying to do, and I probably I wrote that on your wall before I even started YouTube, so he had no idea who I was. But then through social media I got to actually become friends with him, and now I do love him. As I said, can't stand by everything you say, Kurt, some of the things you say are a little bit unhinged. But I will be a Kirk Coleman stand forever because I just he is. He is real. He is real. He's one of the most real people I've ever met. What you see online is exactly what you get. Also, before we go, yeah, I just want to also say, on top of this, like the climbing Mount Everest thing especially that's not on my bucket list, but to really fucking double down on it, I couldn't give a shit if you climb it.
Speaker 3: No, I couldn't care less either.
Speaker 2: People who climb Everest and go, oh, I climbed Mount Everest, fucking get a line.
Speaker 1: Jay's mates did it years ago and one of them had to get air lifted off the mountain.
Speaker 2: Oh pathetic, pathetic, because why would you even do it in.
Speaker 1: The you know, I Jo said to me actually the other day, I don't know if it's just a new rule, but now you have to pick up your pooh on the mountain because apparently before people wouldn't and it.
Speaker 3: Was just people's shit everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is just like, why would you want to do it to your It's just dead. Like I don't find it it's special or amazing. I'm like, you've you've gone on a walk, You've walked Upper Mountain, so you've gone on a hike.
Speaker 1: As we learned earlier, see climbers on Mount Everest are required to bring their poop back to base trigger warning. Talking about poop back to base camp to be disposed of. I couldn't think of anything fucking worse, which it says.
Speaker 2: It's because it adds to pollution, but I'm thinking.
Speaker 3: Look, is that just pool all on the ground?
Speaker 2: Is that does look like poo? There's dead bodies and everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: It's not fun, not fun. I can't think of anything worse climbing Mount Everest. If any of our scrollers have.
Speaker 3: You any amount of money, Like, there's.
Speaker 2: Nothing if any of our scrollers have climbed Mount Everest. Just no, I couldn't give a ship And it's really not a spectacular feet to me. Like if someone goes I've climb Mount Everest, I go, and I had chicken for dinner last night, sweetie, Like I couldn't give a shit. Sorry, I hate to say when I'm with you on that, well never will never never never.
Speaker 3: Next minute you get off at a brand deal a million dollars to climb Mount Everest.
Speaker 2: See at the top down and raise the fucking flag A million dollars.
Speaker 3: Though, come on, I wouldn't do it for a million.
Speaker 2: Oh you reckon my fuck that? But I'd attempt't attempt.
Speaker 3: I can't be bothered.
Speaker 2: I don't know. But see, I think if it was a brand deal, you wouldn't have to climb to the top like you. I'd go. The brand isn't going to force me to the top. I'd go as far as I could. And you know, if that's only a kilometer, I'm going. I can't do any more. Guys, just cut me check and let me go. You know what I mean. I film it from this angle so it looks like I'm at the top. It's a million dollars. You bitchers would do it too. You bitches would do it too. Don't say you wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Well, that's another episode done and dusted.
Speaker 2: What a fun one. Yeah, at the time of my life. See, it was the rant at the start really just got everything off my chest and then I was able to have a good time. We spoke about so much divorce, poo on Mount every and spot three rinses. Anyway, we'll catch you on Friday for an episode of Close Friends. Don't forget to rate us five stars, leave us a review, send us an email. By the way, Yeah, I know we've got some traveling happening, so if you while we're away, you might want to send in some emails and things like that and we'll do a big Maybe we'll do a Close Friends episode. W would just read out everyone's emails, tell us whatever you'd like, tell us the gossip story, tell us a story, tell us a gossip from your friend group, tell us the t We'll keep everything anonymous, but we'll read out all of your emails when we get back anyway, Dale, but I'll let you go. There's a bruise on a gooch.