Speaker 1: Appodjay Production. Welcome back to another episode of Am I A Bad Mum Podcast?
Speaker 2: We are in may I know, tell me about it.
Speaker 1: That's like we're halfway through the year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are. It really ramps up right now. We go into full swing of every sport you can think of, every dance competition that's physically available in Brisbane. Are rocked up to dance to practice her production and clearly I had got myself so mixed up Katie. I brought the wrong costume and she goes, no, we're not wearing that costume. We're wearing this costume. And then you needed to bring that Did you bring that other costume? No? I didn't. And then Paul Gracie's standing there looking at me, going I've got all.
Speaker 1: The wrong stuff and it's your fault.
Speaker 2: Luckily it was all practice. It was all practice. It's fine. But she even made comment was like, oh is that what she's wearing? Well, clearly not. Her mom is just useless and missed the whole brief of two dancers, two dances, Katie, how do you mess that up? And then I had two moms come up to me and go, did you have a big weekend? You look really tired. You look really tired.
Speaker 1: You look tired. That's such an insult me. I was right, I went to bed at seven o'clock. Am I a bad mum for putting a stop to it. My kids, as we know, are obsessed with concerts, obsessed. They want to go to everything. They wanted to go to Lady Gaga recently. I'm like, do you even know who she is?
Speaker 2: Like? I think every hours, Like everyone knows who Lady Gaga is. And Lady Gaga is playing at SUNCRP for any one that's in Brisbane. But you've got to be like selling a kidney to be able to get there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so expensive. Because Holly went she was banging on, do you want to get a Lady Gaga? Like we really want you to come, blah blah blah blahah Oh that's nice. I want to hang out with us.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, they wanted us to pay for the tickets. Yeah, and she said, and then she made a comment of going, I only want to spend my money on the artist that I really really want to see. I was like, oh, okay, so you want me to pay money, not only to pay the money for the tickets, but me to pay money for tickets to a concert that you don't really really want to see.
Speaker 2: My answer is no, I said, I don't want to go see Lady Gargina.
Speaker 1: We are not going.
Speaker 2: Lady Gaga, are not. They are obsessed with concert concepts.
Speaker 1: Gracie Abrams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my girls are also going to Gracie. I actually know about three songs. Yeahs Lisa.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not going. But the thing is, and you'll remember probably me talking about Billie Eilish and what with them camping out for Billie Eilish to make sure that they got barricade. It's called they were going to be at the front. It was a mission. The same thing happened again, Rach. I remember when they book the tickets and they said we want to camp out. I said, absolutely not. You are not doing that again. As it got closer to the day, Jay realized that the concert was on a Tuesday, and actually the public holiday was on Monday. And so then we started thinking allowing them to camp out, thinking, well, the Monday's a public holiday anyway, Tuesday is the day of the concert. Yeah, Ye're right, And so they did it all again, Rach. They went on Sunday and they're on the like tiktoks and the bloody snapchat whatever they're researching when people are arriving. They got winds that people would camping already, and so they freaked out and was like, we have to go on the Sunday, and we were like okay, And I think in my mind, I kind of thought, well, knowing what we know from last time, it's a nice little community of people. It feels very unsafe to leave your sixteen year old daughters in a tent boondle train station overnight. And I wasn't okay with that the first time around, and that's why Jay there with them this time. I was like, Okay, I think I'm alright with it because there's lots of them. They're not there on their own. So they stayed in a tent that first night. It rained a lot that night, right, so they called me in the morning and when all our stuff swet, everything was wet from it was water was coming in underneath and obviously the sides where things were touching the sides, and so they were soaked and they were cold, and I was like, okay, you're nipping the budgy go home. Do you want to go home? No, we've done this far. We've got you know, our wristbands. Blah blah blah blah blah. Second night, I left my car down there. More than rage. I slept in the car.
Speaker 2: Look, I think it's a bit safe fur than tense, if I'm honest.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I wish i'd taken photos. We had a bloody sunshade for the front window, so they had a little bit of privacy. I had tea towels hanging from each window.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then they would have been at least warmer, Yeah, safer. Lock the doors.
Speaker 1: They were in their reach with their laptops doing their fucking assignment for school that they hadn't finished in the school holidays. It's like, this is insane. I went from thinking, oh, you know, let them, you know, then let them melt Robins, Yeah, says let them. I'm like, okay, let them. And I was like, no, this is still actually really stressful for me. I'm getting phone calls all the time. I'm needing to take down food. If I don't take down food, rache, they just get Uber eats and its statched to my car and I'm like, you're not just constantly getting Uber eat Yeah yeah, yeah, And so I have now gone this is stressful, but it's also expensive. Yeah, even the bloody sunshade I got for the front of the cars one hundred dollars. I was like, I literally don't even need this after this, it's.
Speaker 2: Wrong with you. Why did we one hundred dollars for that?
Speaker 1: Because nothing was open on the public holiday. It's indeed bloody. Where did you go fishing, BCFC?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I thought you could still wire them from like petrol stations. Petrol station, Yeah, is that all they are? Like the foil thing that goes across the front just to protect like to keep heat out of your car. Yeah, one hundred dollars. Was it made of gold? Should be telling you, I've never seen it so expensive, But I mean it was a public holiday.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I said to them, like this has cost so much, Bunny and yeah, this and this was that. But they were like, thank you so much for buying that. But we didn't ask you to get that. You got that because you're a nice person. I went, oh, thank you because I wanted this is the thing, though, Rache, just because I wanted them to have a bit of privacy. And when I think to myself, if I was sleeping in my car, which I hope I never am. Then would I want something covering the windows? Yeah, yes I would. But what I've got to remember is actually they didn't really care.
Speaker 2: No, it was me that that I would have loved to see if you hadn't gone out of your way to get that sort of stuff, what they would have come up with themselves if they got halfway through and was like, oh, you know, I need some privacy in here. Yeah, like what would towel? You could have gone a towel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rache. I don't think that they even got changed. I think they just stayed in the same clothes. And you know what my kids are like, they're a bit ocd with showers and stuff. No, it goes out the window when they're camps with right, they enjoy it, Like, yeah, I readly enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: But I'm putting a stop to it because it's too stressful. It's too much.
Speaker 2: You need to get your card off their oubies. You need to get your card deleted, and not just.
Speaker 1: That, like there's a laziness around. They will order Uber eats even when they're home during this skit. Yes, I have to put a stop to that and go no, make yourself down. But also the lunch box food you buy being eaten at home, that really gets someone of you don't need prepacked cheese and crackers, oh home, just slice the cheese.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or buy the tasty slices like and then you just get a few slices out and layer.
Speaker 1: That convenience food for lunch boxes. If you're at home, you make it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred. Speaking about food, this is where I went because we know how much Ice sidetrack on this. But like, speaking of food, how has your cat's appetite gone since he had his seven thousand dollars surgery? I need to follow up to the I just thought of him. Your kids might not eat at home, but gosh, your cat does and he had surgery. Has he found his appetite yet? Yes?
Speaker 1: Back in he's adding again he's not as extreme as he once was. Okay, I'm just going to keep giving him what he wants from now on. That cat cost me seven thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's like basically gold. He's gold walking around on legs.
Speaker 1: Wait, a couple of days after the surgery he went missing. I didn't know where he was. I was looking everywhere. I was looking in under beds and everywhere, and I was like, if he's gone and fucking died after I spent seven thousand dollars, I am going to be so bad.
Speaker 2: I found him, luckily, It's like you're he was just hiding in the bread bin.