Speaker 1: This is the Maddie row Us Music Show on Nova. Stocker, welcome to the Nova Studios. Oh my god, thank you for having me release day to day.
Speaker 2: How do you feel scared? Wanted as usual?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say, isn't that just like a regular feeling for you?
Speaker 2: Daunting.
Speaker 1: We constantly talk about the horrors of what goes on in our minds and.
Speaker 2: Our brains musicians.
Speaker 1: We are cursed, we always whatever.
Speaker 2: We can't be in a studio together.
Speaker 1: Because Stocker, you and I have worked on music together, and we have been in the actual recording studios together, and it is absolute chaos, and people tell us to stop stopping up, shut dead, please, shut dead, please.
Speaker 2: I'm shocked at how professional we are right now.
Speaker 1: Well, we're trying. I want to talk about your music.
Speaker 3: I'm locked in lips locked, lip lip lip locked, lip locking?
Speaker 1: Why not lips locked? So lip locked is the name of the new Stocker EP.
Speaker 3: It felt it felt right in like two cents because like I describe the EP like the songs, I whisper my secrets into my songs and so this EP is like me kissing and telling. So not only is it my lips are locked and now they're not. I'm also locking liplocking, like when you're.
Speaker 1: Like you're closing the lips. People on radio can't hear.
Speaker 3: Oh true, true, No I meant. I meant liplocking as in like kissing.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, scam. Yes, So this ep is you kissing and telling, kissing and telling. All right, drop the names? Who are they? Who are you kissing?
Speaker 2: M I plead the fir.
Speaker 3: I signed an nda I know me being like I'm spilling my secrets.
Speaker 1: And then I'm like, no, do the people know? I say people, because like I'm assuming it's about all genders and genres people.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I think Lost so Much is about an ex girlfriend and an ex boyfriend. Who the rest is? I was saying to someone this morning. I was saying, bisexual woman has to pass the Bechdel test and.
Speaker 2: I didn't do a very good job.
Speaker 1: Did she pass?
Speaker 2: No? I did not. But I I feel like this ep.
Speaker 3: Is summarizing like a point in time before I really embraced my sexuality. There's like a yearning for I think male validation. Like Julia Fox just came out as a lesbian.
Speaker 1: Yeah wow.
Speaker 3: And on that TikTok they're talking about the difference between how you attracted to man or is it just wanting male validation.
Speaker 1: You're on lesbian TikTok, yeah, getting fed all of those videos. I see it for you. So are you in questioning? You are really kissing and telling and telling telling me that you are not sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, We're never sure.
Speaker 1: Sexuality is always constantly changing. It is so fluid. I'm constantly reevaluating it. I'm like, why do I find that man attractive? That's strange for me. But I just like people, I think completely.
Speaker 3: I've had so many crises over the years, but this is just be like I think with everything, I'm just taking it as it comes. And right now I've been really transported back to summer twenty nineteen. I feel like that was the last time of like goodness but also like yearning freedom.
Speaker 2: I was young, I was dumb.
Speaker 1: And I was pre COVID too.
Speaker 3: Pre COVID you could just go out and be silly, you know. I recently graduated high school, so I was like, I'm oh, that ages me, doesn't Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, you are so young you were Okay, I'm born in the naughties.
Speaker 2: I was born in two thousand.
Speaker 1: Wow, that makes me feel so sick. I don't know, Disgusten, Disgussten, you're very mature for your age. I feel so many men have told me that it's what this EP is about. The EP is also about the horrors of being a girl. I can think of so many horrible things about being a girl, like driving. Don't make me drive?
Speaker 2: No, absolutely no, opening.
Speaker 1: I don't have the physical strength. What else do I don't like about being a woman? High heels? I mean, I'm just kind of listing off stereotypical things about a woman. But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think as a feminist we've gone at the moment, you know, we're hitting like third wave, fourth wave or whatever they're calling it, and I think we're going so left, we're going right. Some things are just a blue job. I don't want to have to work. I don't want to have to open my own jars. That's a blue job. And you don't have to be a man to do a blue job. But I don't want to do them. That's not for me. Does that make sense.
Speaker 1: If I have to mow a lawn you watch the feminism, except my entire body, like, that's a man's job.
Speaker 2: Literally, But tell me the garden. I'm there, tell me to plant.
Speaker 1: I don't have a green thumb. All of my plants that I have ever owned have died. They have simply passed away.
Speaker 3: No same, but like it's so fun for the week that they're there, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So pretty, so deco.
Speaker 1: What kind of horrors of childhood? Hot, there's that, but also the horrors of girlhood that are you exploring in this ep Liplocked.
Speaker 3: I think I've said that Liplocked is kind of the prologue to my project as a whole. It's just the first introduction, but I'm really into like reading Margaret Atwood and the idea of the ever present watcher, an eternal surveillance. So you'll see a lot of like found footage, a lot of security cameras.
Speaker 1: Because I said so many things that I went completely over my head.
Speaker 2: Long story short.
Speaker 3: Have you ever when you're a teenager you're alone, right nobody is around you in your room, and you're like, wait a minute, I can't pick my nose right now because what if somebody saw me?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 3: Margaret Atwood talks about the idea of women for decades, even before the existence of like you know, surveillance, feeling as if they there was like a peeping tom or a camera watching them so that they can't do things that would be seen as unattractive or unfeminine. Even though you're in the safety of your own home. You're in privacy, but you're like, I need to look attractive always.
Speaker 1: Wow, And here I am with I just got my upper lip wax. I'm wearing no makeup.
Speaker 2: Was to get great. You look great for a no makeup moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, but people are watching. We are literally in the Big Brother House. There are so many cameras two three, four, five, six cameras are.
Speaker 2: Going to go into a psychosis.
Speaker 3: I brought you a gift, by the way, Oh my god. I found it in like I have like a basement. It's super creepy and I found it in there.
Speaker 1: You found this in your basement?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like moldy down there, and there was like a singular chair.
Speaker 1: It doesn't smell bad, it's not moldy.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I I like I saged it because I was like, this has cursed energy.
Speaker 2: There was like a doll.
Speaker 1: You've wrapped it so nicely too.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't wrap it. I found it like that.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, Maddie. I found this in the I thought you might know what to do with it.
Speaker 3: Stocker for as.
Speaker 1: I don't own one of these. A cassette, a Stocker cassette.
Speaker 2: No, I can't afford a cassette.
Speaker 1: And when you open the cassette there is a USB.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what is that EP?
Speaker 1: I would assume? And match sticks.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so creepy, so.
Speaker 1: I can light something on fire.
Speaker 2: The blair witch of it all?
Speaker 1: Oh, is this like a treasure map? The lyrics of lipped lock?
Speaker 2: That's a real treasure?
Speaker 1: Which is your favorite lyric of the EP?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: What's the one that really? Like? Sums up Stoker and the body of work.
Speaker 3: I think I came back like a zombie.
Speaker 2: You look like you saw a ghost.
Speaker 1: Who is that like talking about an X?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Of like I think or like that whole song, and I think the EP, the whole EP is that sort of like lamenting of woe is Me? I want to be in love? Why don't you want me? And then you get to haunting and I like to, I don't know, take listeners through a journey, And that journey was me getting older, my prefrontal cortex developing and realizing he didn't ghost you, babe, you were the problem. Like wow, and so yeah, hauntings about me thinking he was my ghost, but I.
Speaker 2: Was actually the one haunting him all these years. Wow.
Speaker 1: Isn't that great that you can kind of like look back on situations with a more fully frontal cortex when you get older. And that's the beauty of getting older. I was talking to Chloe se Accelowe Chloe yesterday about how the older you get, the more maturity you have to kind of look at situations in the past and go, oh, actually, like I was kind of the shit person in that, and like I was kind of like not really mature enough to know that I was in the wrong. It's cool to, yeah, be at an age where you can go actually, like I've found.
Speaker 2: A solace man. Yeah. Not everything's black and white. Sometimes things are gray and dreary and red.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, wow, I really just said something, Mike drop that put that in there.
Speaker 1: Before you get out of here. I just wanted to quickly say your show at Black Bear Lodge was really amazing. That was your first headline. Yoh. Any artist who has toured Brisbane has played at the Black Bear Lodge and they know how cursed those stairs at the back of Oh yeah, and there's no green room. There's just a teeny tiny little storage it. There's a closet. You rushed off to the closet twice during your set to do costume changes. I have never seen an artist do that, stocker. It was so incredible. Molly from Gyro's stream and I was standing watching you so soccer and we were just like, I can I believe she's doing this. This is the wildest thing we have ever seen at Black Bear Lodge.
Speaker 2: I don't know how I pulled it off.
Speaker 3: I had my friend rush with me into the tiny little closet to get changed into the tightest like mini dress I've ever put on in my life. I was supposed to have like a belt on as well, but we didn't have enough time. And also I was cleaning myself off of because I threw all that confetti and I was cleaning myself off of confetti trying to quick changeover.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were really doing the most though you had. You had us throwing confetti at you, you were getting down on the steps and you didn't even have a band. You were DJing your own set. You were doing your own costume changes. I mean, you're really You're one of those artists that are really doing it all, and I think that is what is going to set you apart from everybody, but also your your DIY as per the beautiful.
Speaker 2: I know I didn't do that. I found it in my No.
Speaker 1: I think you have a really bright future and you're making music that is really experimental and different, and I mean, I could go on and on, but I think you're very, very talented, and I'm really excited that you want to write on my music too, because I think you're a really great songwriter and the song was really hit so a little bo like this little present you've brought me. Stocker is one to watch and I think you are incredible.
Speaker 2: S You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Happy EP release day, Thank you, liplocked.
Speaker 2: Out now, Happy.
Speaker 1: Day am I read? No, not at all really wedding though.
Speaker 3: Crazy anyway, Okay, bye, love you bye.
Speaker 1: This is the Maddie row of Music Show on Nova