Speaker 1: Late way, Welcome to the Light to Plase.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the show. I'm Liz Storer and I'm so glad you're here. Joining me tonight is Joe Hildurand and mister kel Richards coming up tonight. We have a packed show. First of all, Dutton has finally told us what nuclear is going to cost, so you've gotta definitely got to wait around to find out what that total is. And irony is dead, ladies and gentlemen, because employees working at the Mental Health Commission, that's a government agency, has voted for the second year in a row that out of one hundred and five government agencies, it's the worst to work for. And last, but not least, experts are now telling us that the costings the arbit eazy government is telling us about for their new childcare regime is actually three times more than they're telling us it is. Who's telling the truth. We'll walk you through that. You've just got to stick around. But first tonight we love to pay out on the ABC on the regular, you know, for their inherent bias, their diving ratings due to being so out of touch with the average Australian and they're just casually framing our soldiers for war crimes they didn't commit by adding an audio of gunshots that didn't happen. You know, the usual stuff. But we really talk about the other national broadcaster, the SBS, which is also funded by the taxpayer by the tune of one point eight billion dollars for five years starting last year. It's still a lot of money. But this was brought to our attention this week by a guy called Peter who called into two GB to talk about the fact that SBS do their weather report using indigenous language. Check out this graphic. It's confusing for the best of us. Certainly me.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have a clue whereas we're looking at that map, which is the point that he raised. We are an English speaking country. We do all speak English here and that is hard to follow for the vast majority of us. And so Ben Fordham then got on the line to Warren Mundine, our resident Indigenous expert here at Sky News, and asked him what do you make of this, mate.
Speaker 4: I like having abridginal names. I like it Wollongong and so on, and that now Wogga, woggar and things but look, it starts getting a bit crazy and goes overboard, and this is when it starts upsetting people. Brisbane is Brisbane, Darwin is Darwin, and Wogga Wogger is Wogga Wogger and Dabbo is Dabbo.
Speaker 5: We know already that out of the four million place names across Australia, about seventy five percent of them from indigenous names, whether it's war Wagga Wogga or Ballarat or Barangaroo or ben Along or Crinolla or Kulji. So the dual names just doesn't make sense to me.
Speaker 2: Seventy five percent out of four million place names in Australia are already indigenous kel how many.
Speaker 1: More do we need exactly?
Speaker 6: And Ben knew that because I told him on an earlier broadcast.
Speaker 1: He rang me up on lake.
Speaker 6: He tried to change the name of Cook's River to Gulay on the claim that that was the local indigenous name, And so we had to chat about this, and I said, there are already three million indigenous names on the map, so you don't know anymore. In other words, what they're doing is not adding extra indigenous names. They're trying to get rid of English names. It an entirely negative process.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's what we see in this graphic.
Speaker 1: What SBS is doing is breaking all the rules.
Speaker 6: Every state has got a geographical names board and they get together and they've all got the same sort of rules. One of the rules that the geographical names boards of the states have is you can add names, you can create what it's called double naming, but you can only do that with physical objects a mountain, a river, perhaps an island, not a populated area where people live. So trying to rename Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney is simply wrong. It breaks all those rules. The second thing is they don't replace the names, they give them double names. So in fact Ularu is actually called legally Ularou slash airs Rock, which is why the airport is still called airs Rock Airport, and why the resort is still called airs Rock Resort, because the real name of the place is Ularu airs Rock. Now, those are the rules. You can dual name some things, but only physical objects. And this idea that they can rename entire entire cities is simply against the rules. It's against the law. So some halfwit and I'm possibly overestimating the fraction in saying that some half with a SBS doesn't know what the rules are.
Speaker 1: They don't know what the how it all cames.
Speaker 6: It's just absolute not Since I've started a small organization called SOP pronounce soap, Save our place Names? Would you like to support it? All you need to do is be critical every time this rubbish comes up. Go to my website oswords dot com dot you, ozed words dot com dot a you go to the feedback page and send me a note saying kel I'm on side with soap.
Speaker 1: I want to save our place names.
Speaker 2: Well, we've got to save the twenty five percent that we have left. But Joe, what is this really achieving? Four percent of the population is indigenous. How many of them are watching the SBS or are they simply trying to massage in indigenous dialects into the English speaking nation.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm furious about this. In fact, I've started my own sportrad like cal which is God, I'm majorly peeved or give and if you'd like to go to our website. Don't gurgle it, by the way, just don't gurgle it.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, No, I was actually I was born heavily do not get born and.
Speaker 3: Raised in an Aboriginal place name Dandinong, which is at the local Aboriginal dialect for home of the handsome journalists. Right, And I do not say I love the fact that all our place names are a sort of pastiche of all these all these different cultures. I mean, our tallest mountain is Mount Kosiosco, named after some Polish dude. I bet you know the people that the cities that are Canberra is of course an Aboriginal name, so our capital city is named after it. So it's weird that they've changed the name.
Speaker 7: Of the Yeah, even doesn't Canbra another Aboriginal name.
Speaker 6: Well, what they've done is what they put on their map was the name of the tribe which is in Gambrie, and in Gambri it was anglicized to become Canberra. But you know, you don't need to change it back to the unanglicized version. Once a place is known and established, you don't fiddle with it. I don't know what sbeis is trying to achieve, except to seem as though we are more sensitive.
Speaker 3: I don't think they're going far received. Yes, no, if they want to be truly committed do the entire bulletin an indigenous.
Speaker 7: Language, different dialog, that's right, different like there's been this, there's been this, like hunger games, deathmatch in each of these place names.
Speaker 3: Because of course most of the places like Sydney, which I thought was played of the aorination anyway, what would I know? Hast has got it is called Warrang and and then and there's in fact a whole bunch of different tribes, different people who all live in the Sydney but to give you a number, so they have to it's like survivor there is.
Speaker 6: Another name, and there's there's some people who will say Sidney should be called Aura, not Wrang. But nationally there were when when a settlers arrived and brought the place into the modern world in seventeen eighty eight, there were at least two hundred indigenous languages. That's possibly more than two hundred. So that it's not like New Zealand, where Mari is a language that covers most of the place. It's not like that there isn't one indigenous language, so it's impossible to start playing these games.
Speaker 3: No, I think that if they're truly committed to indigenous culture and indigeneity. They should do the entire news bulletin in all two hundred can do to commit, You've got to commit. You can't just be a little bit anti racist. Come on, there's still a lot of colonialism in that bulletin and we need to decolonize it. Decolonize it now.
Speaker 2: I'm over that seventy five percent. I'm like, how great are we? Next time a name changes, who comes up, I'm just going to be like, look, we've done seventy five percent out of four million name places. I think we're good.
Speaker 3: To the UK.
Speaker 2: Now, where the issue of marrying one's first cousin has been brought to light by an MP by the name of Richard Holden, which who is looking to ban the practice nation wide. He says first cousin marriage raises serious concerns both in the UK and globally. Studies show that it is associated with approximately double the rate of birth defects compared to the general population and can reinforce negative structures and control women. Building on my previous work to bear hymenoplasty for the uninitiated, that's a procedure which ensures a woman will bleed next time she's sexually active. So quite barbaric and so called virginity testing in the last parliament.
Speaker 3: They we're testing virginity in parliament. That's not appropriate, oh Jo, it's not the right. Find a private room or a booth or something. You can't just do it on the floor of the House of Commons.
Speaker 1: The love of God man.
Speaker 2: He says, I will urge the government to reconsider the legality of first cousin marriage in the UK. Now, this was of course objected to by others in the chamber.
Speaker 8: Could you marry your first cousin?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 8: I didn't even think it was allowed in this country. But a big debate in Parliament yesterday and a member of Parliament from a certain communities he got up and said that marrying first cousins strengthens family bonds. And if you look and our innocent is at the number of babies that are born with clef palettess and all sorts of disorders, because that is kind of breeding too close. Maybe, like me, you think it's a really bad idea and maybe we should say no, it's not legal.
Speaker 3: I can't believe Nigel for Ourge objected to it.
Speaker 2: I thought, who does indeed support it and believes it should be banned nationwide. Here's Ikbal Muhammad, the independent MP who took the stage on the floor of the House of Commons to object to this move.
Speaker 9: It is important to recognize for many people this is a highly sensitive issue and in discussing it we should try to step into the shoes of those who perhaps are not from the same culture as ours to better understand why the practice continues to be so widespread. An estimated thirty five to fifty percent of all sub Saharan African populations either prefer or accept cousin marriages, and it is extremely common in the Middle East. The reason the practice is so common is our ordinary people see family intermarriage overall as something that is very positive, something that helps build family bonds and helps put families on a more secure financial foothold.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I dare say most of England does disagree with this practice and is very surprised to find out that it is so prevalent. The articles written on this today majored on a certain suburb in which amongst the Pakistani community was up to sixty percent of marriages were to first cousins and kel When you consider that this is in a country where the taxpayer are then fitting the bill for the various deformities as Farage talked about just there that kids are being born with. They talk about extreme inbreeding because of course, generation after generation, if this practice continues, things can get really, really difficult for their progeny.
Speaker 6: I checked it out on a biogenetics website and they said there are some deformities, so they mentioned things like cystic fibrosis, sickle cell anemia, and some other things, but they didn't say it's not a reason not to marry. It was a reason for genetic testing and genetic counseling. Now that's what they were saying, and it's not against the law. In fact, what I did was I went to the back of the old Book of Common Prayer where there's a list of consanguinity, the people you're related.
Speaker 1: To you're not allowed to marry. And a man may not marry on that.
Speaker 6: List his mother, his daughter, his grandmother, his granddaughter, his sister, his niece's daughter in law, his mother in law, all his aunts. But cousins don't get a mention. And that's reflected in British law. It is not against the law in Britain at the moment. For first cousins.
Speaker 2: It's actually not against the law here.
Speaker 3: That's right, because it's great. I mean, come on, what are they going to do in Alabama? What are they going to do?
Speaker 2: Do' worry about Australia?
Speaker 1: What are they going to do in Springfield? Do you guys?
Speaker 3: Do you guys? You like your classical history?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Classical culture?
Speaker 2: Yes, there was a lot of in reading and Hara, the.
Speaker 3: King and Queen of the gods were brother and sister.
Speaker 2: Okay, these are mythical characters.
Speaker 3: Okay, Cleopatron Ptolemy the last Pharaoh, I.
Speaker 2: Don't deny it was widely practiced in the past, but it became less and less prevalent. Why because people started to understand, Hang on a second, this has very real, uh world outcomes.
Speaker 3: It's just a lack of tolerance.
Speaker 2: Understand, generation after generation.
Speaker 3: I think about half the States of America, it's still legal and there's just been a division. And in fact, I've managed to obtain the actual footage of the found funding fathers discussing this very issue just a few generations ago in the United States of America.
Speaker 5: Have a look, we can worship freely, govern justly, and grow vast fields of hemp for making rope and blankets.
Speaker 3: Yes, and marry our cousins. I was, what are you talking about, Shelby Bill.
Speaker 1: Why would we want to marry our cousins? Guys, they're so attractive.
Speaker 3: I thought that was the whole point of this journey. Absolutely not.
Speaker 10: I tell you, I won't live in a town that rubs men of the right to marry their cousins.
Speaker 3: So in closing, marry your cousins, it's the Australian thing today.
Speaker 2: Me I'm like, my cousins are literally like brothers. So the very idea is.
Speaker 3: Like, that's all right.
Speaker 2: Just you know, Jack, Josh, if you're watching, we're safe, okay.
Speaker 6: Can I just tell you there's also there is no law requiring you to marry your cousin, so related no nobody.
Speaker 2: I do wonder what the women who are probably it's some sort of arranged I mean, are they actually choosing to marry their com I think.
Speaker 3: There are a lot, certainly a lot of arranged marriages in Middle Eastern communities. But I think in the old days, the reason why the Totlemys did it in Egypt is because they felt it kept their bloodline pure and so you were even more of an alpha royal if you came solely from royal blood, which is a bit like the English.
Speaker 1: Can I just suggest we're not going to settle this. Let's turn it. Let's turn to another topic.
Speaker 6: Because the issue of what's happening to children who suffer from gender dysphoria, who are confused about who they are, boys who think they should be girls, girls who think they should be boys. How should they be treated In Australia, At the moment they get what is called gender affirmation treatment, that is, they affirm the gender dysphoria, they're offered puberty blockers. There are offered that kind of treatment and encouragement to pursuit go down that path. Interestingly, the UK has now come down firmly on the opposite side to where we are in Australia and puberty blockers are to be banned indefinitely for those under eighteen years. It seems to me is the key to this is children don't understand consequences. So a child really can't understand. Look, this might have these puberty blockers do have side effects to bone density and fertility and other things, but they don't understand. In ten years time, I might feel very differently, and all the statistics show that kids who suffer from gender dysphoria it usually passes over time. It does talking therapies might be a good idea. They can't make big decisions because they don't understand consequences.
Speaker 2: And because it's a psychological issue. A lot of the pediatricians, the child psychiatrists, psychologists who have tried to be the whistleblowers here and speak out. Obviously they've made great traction in the UK. They're saying this is a psychological issue. Let us help them on a clinical level instead of going down here's some pills path. That's not how you fix a psychological issue. We also know that a lot of these kids have other issues going on with relation to their mental health. So that NHS England said that the indefinite band closes a loophole that posed a risk to the safety of children and young people through private provision. The ban applies to new patients only. That's an important point there with NHS and private patients already receiving these medicines for gender dysphoria will continue to have their access. It was Health Minister Where's Streeting who introduced this bill today. Amendment I should say saying we put an emergency stopper on these puberty blockers earlier this year after we found out the catastrophic findings of the CAST report. All I'm telling you now is that that ban is now indefinitely in place. We are having a bigger inquiry into this, and that I think comes out in twenty twenty six. So he's promised them that. But here he was in question time after moving this motion in the House. He of course got absolutely beset upon for the better part of an hour with the opposition hammering him with questions. They're the usual suspects you can imagine, but he did his best at holding his own.
Speaker 11: I have to take decisions about the welfare, wellbeing and safety of children in this country based on clinical evidence, and when our own Commission on Human Medicines says that there is an unacceptable safety risk and an unsafe prescribing environment, I have to take that seriously. Anyone asks, you know, challenging me to do something else, to ask, quite sincerely, if they were standing in my shoes as a Secretary of State for Health and Social Care and they were looking at recommendations from clinicians in our country and the Commission on including the Commission on Human Medicines saying there is insufficient evidence for use of medication in children young people for this purpose and that there is an unacceptable safety risk arising from the current prescribing environment. I asked them, would they really be taking a different decision here?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 2: Listen to the clinician's Joe, what a great likely Hanson has dried five times just to get an inquiry into what's going on with regard to gender affirming care for children in Australia to no avail.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think the problem here is that you have an issue which has got a huge amount of awareness about it, very very suddenly and disproportionately I think, to the number of people who actually undergo it, and that this has led to I think what Richard Dawkins called the possibility of contagion, which is that it becomes a kind of fad, and so people say, all right, oh, there's this new thing called gender, it's for it. Oh I've got it. Oh maybe I'm gender fluid. And you can you can actually see it. You can see it just walking down the street. You can see the number of people who are dressing androgynously is far far higher than it has been now. In many ways, this is just sort of harmless, and it's just another thing that you know, like wearing flares in the sixties or whatever. The problem is when you when you get it's harmless, when you then people just dressing differently or whatever. But the point is, once you have medical interventions that could actually for the very small amount of people who genuinely know that they are in the wrong body, I imagine that that would in fact be extremely helpful to them and save them from a much longer lifetime of trauma. The problem is you've got a risk of over prescribing things and using that as the first port of call instead of you know, I suppose troubleshooting for everything else, including possibly autism and other mental conditions that genderdics for. It might be sort of cloaking, yes and so and so. I think this is where a lot of the people who jump up and down about it and activists in this area actually do themselves a huge disservice because by saying, oh my god, it's everywhere, you know, and you haven't been paying attention, but it's been here all along, and look here it is, and everyone's doing it, and you can't touch anything, you can't do anything. You do end up running the risk of people who get swept up in this thing going for these treatments later regretting it. They then talk to bodies and experts like the cast review, and indeed experts see them and say, oh my god, these people are getting changed into something that they are not and didn't actually want to be and able to make a decision, and this is terrible, and now we've got to shut everything down out of an abundance of caution, which means that the small minority of people who could actually really benefit from these treatments that weren't available to some of the pioneers in this area, people like Carlotta or Catherine McGregor, I'm sure would have loved.
Speaker 6: This is only up until you're eighteen. At eighteen, they can make a decision. This is a children don't develop children, that's right, But the point of them is that you don't develop as a man if you're actually a woman.
Speaker 3: That's why the pubrey is they can't make.
Speaker 2: But it's this going part of this is the you mentioned contagion. When you look at the numbers, this is just absolutely skyrocketed in recent years. Check out this graph from the UK published in April of this year, illustrating just the absolute explosion in number of children who now think they are trans Can we get that graphic up on the screen? There we go? I mean, this is just incredible, and that's just the last few years. It is unthinkable to know that just a matter of years ago a handful of children were presenting with gender dysphoria as opposed to today similar situation in the States. They put out this graph earlier this year saying we gender dysphoria diagnoses among children have spiked one hundred and thirty three percent since two thousand and nineteen. How on earth is this happening? Which speaks to the fact this is introduced thought very few children. I don't know about you, but it was certainly the last thing on my mind. Very few children thinking about what gender am I? And am I comfortable in this body? This is something that I'm particularly passionate about, kel because when I was younger, I grew up in country of viol I was a massive tomboy, a massive tomboy, and if someone had come along to me and planted in my moldable little mind that. Oh, have you thought about the fact that maybe you're a boy? I think I would have genuinely potentially latched onto that and entertained it.
Speaker 6: On my radio show interview to psychologist who said that an American psychologists were saying that the frightening thing is it goes through schools, through a school community, particularly of young girls, suddenly a whole lot of them their gender dysphoric. Now that's not a problem they've really got. That's a social problem that's been introduced. As you say, there are some health issues which are genuine health issues and we need to address those. And let me tell you, being overweight or obese is a genuine health issue.
Speaker 1: It shortens people's lifespan.
Speaker 6: And we're now being told that being overweight is the number one health risk Australians are now facing. It used to be smoking, but now it's being overweight. There is a graph which has come out and the graph shows.
Speaker 1: That that's the big issue.
Speaker 6: Right at the top of the graph, the biggest issue, the biggest risk that you're facing. The longest red bar that you can see on your screen says it is being overweight or being obese, which is the biggest health risk that you can suffer. It's not just the fact that your life may end up being shorter, but you will suffer a whole lot of health issues because of it, because you care. I mean, even simple things. The mechanics of your knees and legs start to play up and give you problems that if you were the right weight simply wouldn't happen. Being over weight is now the top risk for Australians when it comes to health, a smoking race of decline, which they have done significantly, and that is brilliant. I don't understand why people don't get the message. I mean, I would like to say sometimes to someone who is clearly bulging at every corner, do you really want to eat that hamburger?
Speaker 1: Or would you like to live longer?
Speaker 3: I really want to I can just there.
Speaker 2: Let's charge it slaps.
Speaker 3: As someone who smoke for twenty five years, I'd like to thank big boned Australians for finally taking up the mantle and stopping us from being in the country. I don't spoke anymore, but I managed to quit via vaping, and the couple tried to make that illegal as well. I know it's all right, you know, I'll miss them, but I'll live ten years longer, so that will be nice work thanks of vapor.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I don't know, as in like, did it work getting you off the vape in Doubleman's new measures.
Speaker 3: Yes, they're still they're still They're still legal, so I'll tell you. But this is how regulation works, right, So the vaping industry is like, oh my god, the government's going to shut us down. Oh my god, quick buy a lifetime supply of everything before they shut it down. They were. And then the government shuts down and says, right from now on, no more vaping from you know, others, from just regular stores. You can only buy it from the pharmacy. You can only buy it from a chemist. Seen people just walk, of course they do. And and anyway, and the website that I previously used to buy it from said, I'm sorry, we are now shut down. However, you can go to this online pharmacy that just up here in one second ago and get the exact same stuff out of Tireland. And that's all the jit And they have people who have pharmacists there you put in your thing. They have a doctor who will give me a skip and everything. So there you go. So I'm still alive.
Speaker 2: But nothing's really changed Australia.
Speaker 3: What has changed is that I haven't touched a cigarette since I was forty and according to a public health expert and smoke smoking cessation expert, I will now live another ten years.
Speaker 1: And you're not overweight. You're not overweight, and.
Speaker 3: I am not overweight. I tell you absolutely no truck with people who shame people for their vices. I think everyone has vices. And the minute you say, oh no, you're a burden on society because you do this thing, there will be one hundred other things that someone could turn around and point at you.
Speaker 1: And say, well, you're shaming people.
Speaker 2: Help it called the disease burden is a very real thing.
Speaker 3: Of course it's of course it's society.
Speaker 2: The paper has a lot more money.
Speaker 3: Absolutely true. You know who they are, old people, old people know they absolutely do you want to go you want to go down this path? You want to go down this path?
Speaker 10: No, people not like people are living, People are living longer, living longer, and ninety percent of the health budget goes towards the last ten years of a person's life.
Speaker 3: These people are such burdens on society.
Speaker 6: Can I rupt to the topic of it's a bit boring until you're talking about being overweight, not about your particular but just saying, oh, stop being fat.
Speaker 3: It doesn't work well.
Speaker 6: Otherwise, Well, let's say there are things that people can do about their weight. It is actually it's within your what's in the capacity of most people to do something about their weight if they make the decision to do so. So let's to actually your legs off, well, eat a little bit less. That's not a bad idea, is it?
Speaker 1: Is that too simple?
Speaker 3: It is too simple because it misunderstands the reason why people are overweight in the first place. Overwhelmingly corresponds to being poor and not having access or the amount of money to be able to pay for healthy stuff or the amount of time to be able to prepare it.
Speaker 2: Healthy stuff is a lot more expense franking food, which else supermarkets are riddled with. It's cheap as chips, baby, You go to the fresh food section more than a dollar and apple these days, No, Joe, that's right. It is utterly, hugely.
Speaker 3: Higher in poorer areas. So if you're picking on fat people, you're picking on.
Speaker 2: Pay that point. But this is advice coming from a man who eats fast food every single day and thanks to his magic metabolism, manages to stay slim. So really, you're a fat person in a skinny person's body.
Speaker 3: That is exactly right. I had, I've got a very fast I had McDonald's tonight with a side of McNuggets. But you know, people do as I say, not as.
Speaker 2: I do every other night.
Speaker 3: He's throwing it back, speaking of skinny people. More. Redeeming has won her again, as.
Speaker 6: There's a segue flawless Joe, Joe, I suggest we rewind the type and you do that on again.
Speaker 3: Okay, rewind rewind speaking good looking people suing short people. Boy Redeeming has just won her legal action against John Pursudo In case you haven't been paying attention today, because has been absolutely everywhere marvelous. Moya Danielhill, of course, was the former Liberal MP. She was out a women's rights rally which was gate crashed by a bunch of neo Nazis. Why started saying all sorts of stupid stuff. Naturally, John Persudo the leader of the Victorian Liberal Party, which at the moment is not a job you would wish on your worst enemy. These guys are amazing every time they start getting your head in the piles again. Quick, guys, let's destroy ourselves. But he thought, he panicked and thought, oh my god, we've we've got to read the Riot Act and tell her Rafe and say, oh, you've been hanging out with the Nazis. Bah he says, Dad, what are you talking about? I don't have associate now. These thugs just rocked up at this Ralio. I was. Anyway, here is Moya redeeming on Credline earlier this evening talking about her big win in the courts after she sued him.
Speaker 12: Could spend a traumatic two years, and I couldn't help but think, you know, this has just been a sham expulsion, a sham termination. It's done so much damage and for what it was obviously all not true.
Speaker 3: Now this comes after revelations that Moira Deeming actually offered to sit down and reach a settlement with John Pisuto. She was trying to strike a deal which wouldena able to allow in the party room. And then even when that fell through, maybe he could just you know, I've paid out some money or given an apology is what she wanted. We all know from watching the Fonds that it's very very hard to say you're sorry, and John Pursuito, I just couldn't do it. Now some people are now saying his position is absolutely untenable as lead up. Far be from me to do so. But John Pisuto, he says, no, I'm a fighter. I'm going to hang in there. Have a look.
Speaker 13: And I've always been a fighter, and I've always been a fighter for the right reasons and for the right people, the Victorian people. And that's why I will continue in this role now more than ever, when it is so clear on so many indicators that our state is headed in the wrong direction, that we need leaders who have that fight in them, leaders who will stand up and be accountable and always put the interest of our state first. That's why I will continue in this role.
Speaker 3: And it is certainly true that the state is absolutely heading in the basket right correctly the wrong direction. It is an absolute basket case. It is a broken state. And one of the reasons it's been able to become that is because Labour have been able to hang on so long because they have not had a viable opposition who's been able to take the fight to them instead of just fighting amongst themselves.
Speaker 2: I love that is now making out like I'm under fire, but I'm a fighter and I'm going to keep my job. Spare thought for everyone watching going, We don't want you to keep your job. You've besmirched the name of an innocent woman. The judge found that there was no grounds. There never was any grounds for your ridiculous accusations. Nobody would accuse you of being intimately familiar with someone who gate crashed your party, especially if they're neo Nazis. What this man did was patently absurd, and I am so happy for Deeming, who finally got her day in court, and let's laugh all the way to the bank along with John Persudo, because she would have settled for ninety thousand dollars now instead he's got to give her a payout of three hundred thousand dollars. And that's to say nothing of legal fees, which were being told are estimated up to one point five million just for Deeming alone. So, if anything, this guy needs a new job because the one he's got at the moment doesn't pay enough. You're going to be paying that off forever, buddy. But quickly before we leave you to the UK, where you've heard about these farmers. They are up in arms over this ridiculous inheritance tax the government is trying to foist upon them, which will do many of them out of business. They'll simply have to shut up shop and go back to goodness knows, what what do you do after generations of being farmers on the land. Well, today they shut down Whitehall. They literally blocked it with tractors. Check out this graphic of how many tractors are on the street. That is incredible. Good on them, I dare say this is the kind of action we're going to need kell when these our own farmers are under pressure from the government. The government wants to snaffle upland to run lines for their green dreams through the land. They're also demonizing farmers in many other ways. This is the kind of action that we need.
Speaker 6: The farmers in the Netherlands are protested about the rules Big Vinment pard me to their farms. In England, what they're doing is they're saying if the farmers valued at more than one pounds, then when there's a death, you'll play twenty percent. That's a massive ridiculous on the value of the farm. The problem is they didn't pay for it. They didn't pay a million pounds. They inherited it. These are family farms. You get a million pound because it's a big piece of property. Because there's a lot of land, it's easy to put a land price of a million pounds on it.
Speaker 1: Suddenly Dad dies and you've got to pay twenty Well.
Speaker 6: You're going to get twenty percent of that team. It's just so, it is really unfair. It's unreasonable.
Speaker 1: Jeremy Clarkson, the most famous farmer in Britain. Now he wasn't there. He drives a Lamb Borghini.
Speaker 6: Tractor, which I think is absolutely what but he didn't break his tractor. He's fighting against this. Mind you, the left hate Jeremy Clarkson. He is the man who said I don't have a carbon footprint.
Speaker 1: I drive everywhere.
Speaker 3: I just think it's great. I just look at all those tractors and it looks like they're leaving the government behind. And I would have to say, you know, instead of sending the government a dear John letter, they're sending it a John dear letter.
Speaker 2: And on that note, got to go to an ad break. But we will be back shortly and you will find out what is nuclear going to cost the nation. Dutton's finally revealed it. To see Zoo, welcome back. We're about to bring you the final figure. Dunton has revealed it. How much is nuclear energy going to cost Australia? Joe Hildebrand the.
Speaker 3: Day here with all the latest details. Yes here, it is all over the front page of the mighty Daily Telegraph. And look at that bit of artwork, will you? That is Peter Dutton as a nuclear reactor. That is, if that doesn't win the Archibald Portrait Prize next year.
Speaker 2: I do not know what we I'm sure it's in the running.
Speaker 3: Fission for votes, get it, fission for votes. Peter Dutton claims his bold plan to add nuclear energy to the grid would be a quarter of a trillion dollars cheaper than Labor's renewables, heavy strategy and long awaited costings. Finally released it. I believe they did say they were going to release them until Christmas, and they have come good on that promise. Three hundred and thirty one billion dollars. That is almost time change high as John Persudo's Lego Bill.
Speaker 2: It's fucking changed compared to what this government is prepared to spend on their green dream. As he points now, in an order of a.
Speaker 3: Trillion dollars cheap. This is done's own costs. These are the costings that the coalition itself has put together and put out as opposed to the costings that Labor you saying they're lying about the cost What I'm saying is that you can get modeling on costings that will show pretty much anything you want, and you can always pick a hole in them. So Labor says that it's thing is actually much much, it's cheaper. And then the coalition goes in commissions Frontier Economics and says, all right, you do some costings and tell us how much it's really going to cost. Get it, get it, get it in front of you. He goes, okay, nowhere's thanks, and comes back with this huge figure. And then of course Labor will go and get their own modelers to cost understand how it will come back and say it actually costs one true, you know, yeah, the people.
Speaker 2: Paying for the research get the results.
Speaker 3: I can promise you this one though. I mean it's not you know, they do it in proper work. But it's all about the inputs you put into. But you can, you know, because so level. G Oh, but what about all the the I don't know, whatever the land acquisition costs, or the long tail you know, disposing of the waste costs or whatever. So just just put in all these inputs, just put everything, everything in, and you get a higher and higher number. I can promise you, absolutely promise you that both schemes will cost a hell of a lot more than whatever they're saying they're going to cost right now anyway.
Speaker 2: Sure, but it is in their best interest scale to try and get it somewhere near reality. Otherwise then years later they get lumped with massive cost.
Speaker 10: Blowouts that hits the headline.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I know. But what we do know to be true is both very expensive. But with nuclear we know that it is the gold stand and of energy. We know that it is emissions free, We know that it is reliable, une renewable.
Speaker 6: In costing terms, the life of a nuclear reactor is minimum eighty years, where you get twenty for a solar farm or a wind farm.
Speaker 1: And it works on the current grid.
Speaker 6: You don't need to rebuild the entire grid at a cost of whatever it is, fifteen billion dollars or something at the moment. So when you take those factors into account, the fact that you have to rich Not only do you have to rebuild and replace every solar farm and every wind farm every twenty years, you've got to work out how to dispose of all the solar stuff, all the wind towers when you knock them down and build new ones. Once you've got the nuclear power stations up, you've got at least eighty years and possibly more. And you work on the grid. You just pump the power into the grid that's there. You don't need to resume land. You don't need to spend billions of dollars rebuilding the grid.
Speaker 1: So it makes sense.
Speaker 6: That it would be a little bit cheaper, and it looks like it will be.
Speaker 2: And we're sitting on a third of the world's uranium right here in Australia. So let's burn it. Baby Burnitt to the front page of the Canberra Times now aps culture shock. This is absolutely hilarious. A government agency that once sought to improve mental health outcomes for Australians had the worst culture in the federal bureaucracy in twenty twenty four, with under a third of staff recommending it as a good place to work. The camera Times analysis of staff survey results for one hundred and five agencies found staff rated the National Mental Health Commission as the worst place to work in the Australian public service for a second year in a row.
Speaker 3: Do you think that's possibly because workers at the National Mental Health Commission might be slightly over sensitive to.
Speaker 2: Mental health saying, are you saying they're all mental?
Speaker 3: Imagine well, imagine you know, commissioning a survey about levels of sexual harassment the National Sexual Harassment Awareness Agency. Like everyone's going, oh, yes, that's right. Someone looked at me in an overly unwelcomely lingering fashion. Therefore, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Just think that is so you think it's it's an oversense.
Speaker 6: Necessarily, theoretically, if you're really aware of mental health, you should actually be protective and sensitive towards other people.
Speaker 1: I think the opposite to Joe. So, in fact, to defend.
Speaker 2: His mate, they labor government, so allowed to take it with a pincher.
Speaker 6: He has a license up, he has a license to do that. Let me take it to the national broad scheet. The Australian. There are a couple of stories of the front player of Tomorrow's Australian Worth looking at the alps at Odds were the experts over childcare costumes. It says Labour's estimated cost of abolishing the activity test for three days of free childcare has left economists quote puzzled by the discrepancies with modeling in the Productivity Commission, raising concerns of a multi billion dollar budget black hole in the government's costings. The difference in costings is the Productivity Commission thinks it will cost one point seven billion dollars. The government is saying, no, no, it will only cost two or four hundred and twenty seven million dollars. They've got different numbers and the economists so we're not too sure where they got them from.
Speaker 2: This is what you were talking about, isn't it, Joe.
Speaker 3: It just depends what your inputs are.
Speaker 2: So tell me how much this will cost, Tell me what I want to hear. And then their researchers are like, this is how much it'll cost. Meanwhile, the Productivity Commission is like, where the heck did you get those figures? We said it will cost more than three times how much?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the government might come back to them, well that's because we haven't included this, this or that or that's because that's but again, it's not even necessarily dishonest or anything. It is simply you were skewing the numbers. Well, you know they're saying there are lies down lice and statistics. Where do you think it comes from? This is? This is or you know, everyone knows that you can make numbers look like you want them to look, simply and it's not necessarily a lie. Says, it's not a lie if you believe it.
Speaker 1: But why would the.
Speaker 2: Product Do you think anyone believes it anymore?
Speaker 6: Why would the Productivity Commission want to make the number look unusually high? You've got to say the government's got a vested interest in making it look low. The Productivity Commission has no vested interest. We'll trust them. There's one other story on the front page of Tomorrow's Australian which I think is worth a quick look at. This comes from Other Springs and we know about the problems they have there. The story tells us the two teenage boys who are allegedly broke into a home in Other Springs and struck a woman with a detachable metal freezer handle so hard that it rebounded and hit a two month old baby, causing a brain bleed in a fractured's color.
Speaker 1: It's a terrible story.
Speaker 6: They had collectively been charged with almost three hundred other offenses and bailed thirty five times.
Speaker 1: Something is not working there, is it.
Speaker 2: No, it's absolutely if they're out on bail, I'm serious about fixing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's ridiculous. Tell you what's a good news story? Though, And the TiSER, the mighty Adelaide Advertiser elbows Meta ultimatum you will pay. Meta will have to pay Australian publishers like News Corp, the publisher of the Adelaide Advertiser, and my employer in about eight different ways. And of course the owner of Sky News Metal will have to pay Australian publishers for news or risk significant tax chargers. Good on the albow. The tax regulation would apply to social media and search giants that earn more than two hundred and fifty million dollars a year, including Byteedance. That's TikTok, the owner of TikTok, Meta, which owns Facebook and Instagram, and Alphabet which owns Google. And of course this comes after all the social media giants agreed to pay the people who actually produce all the content that keeps people coming to their site like news Stories, agreed to pay us and then they sort of just went, ah, no, actually, f you, we won't pay you anymore. And now obviously our comany news corpus set absolutely this is absolutely disgraceful. And Albo said, if you've just refused to pay it because that, we're just going on make us pay it, make us pay it. We'll smash you with taxes until you do only tax hike I've ever been in favor of.
Speaker 2: All Right, coming up next Trump is Times Man of the Year. You're not gonna want to miss it. See you soon. Last week, it was announced that Muhammad is now the most popular baby need for boys in England and Wales, which inspired the Babylon b Who Babylon Bee rather who is known as a satiric call newspaper to publish this headline Ali Wakbar replaces cheerioh Mate as the most popular UK greeting. Well, Reuter's got their fact checkers to contact the Babylon b Do you not know that it's satire? Reuters and Routers. Julie sent them this email. It says, Hello, I'm contacting you from the fact checking desk at Reuters we investigate false and misleading claims spreading on social media. Our fact checks can help curb the circulation of misinformation. We're currently looking into a claim that's sharing. A Babylon B article says aloakba has officially replaced cheering. Oh mate, we plan to write a fact check to set the record straight. It's clearly a satirical article. So why are you Why are you writing this email?
Speaker 1: You don't get this clearly.
Speaker 2: A satirical article they write. But I am reaching out to you should you wish to challenge this or comment in the fact check article, to which the Babylon B responded in no time at all. This story is true. We stand by its factorial accuracy one hundred percent. Signed off Aloakba Kyle Mahn, who heads up the Babylon B. I love these guys Kelner, absolutely.
Speaker 6: They're very funny and very clever. Actually on the front page of Ablon. But it says fake news you can trust That's what they say. And they go on in the article to say that in France, a la hu akbar has also become the common greeting and has replaced we we more freyre So it's being silly. You don't fact check satirical sites. They don't have facts, they've got jokes. So there's a department of royters called we don't get the joke.
Speaker 3: Well, they actually, I think they do provide a very helpful services to curtail misinformation. In fact Ryders has also done another fact check and it turns out that not all men with shovels in their head are called Doug.
Speaker 1: Can we just go to the baker, come on with this stuff.
Speaker 6: We didn't need to know that. Tomorrow our time, So Thursday American Talk. Tomorrow at that time, Time magazine will announce it's Person of the Year, and it will once again for the second time, be Donald Trump, which they could hardly avoid seeing he'd won a landslide.
Speaker 1: Victory this year.
Speaker 6: He had the title in twenty sixteen, gets it again tomorrow. But can I say, Time magazine is not famous as being a Trump supporter, so he gets the title through gritted teeth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I imagine that they're very sorry about this. I wonder who gets to vote? Is it not your own people? You clearly let that one get through the get through the ranks. I understand it was Zelensky last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Trump twice greatest comeback in history and again yeah heah.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a wrap from US this evening, but stay tuned for the reader Pannicky Show