Speaker 1: All right, we're back for the Daily Telegraph Mineral podcast. Adam Mob's here and I missed the memo because Phil Buzz, Rothfield and Dave Riccio are almost in identical team outfits. Here am I not on the group chat? What happened?
Speaker 2: We just you know, look, look it's a Shyer uniform. Okay, this is what it is. We know what to wear down there, and this is the way we come to work now for the only the listeners are not the viewers. It's a what are we going with? What color?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know. You tell me what shade is that light? I would have said baby pooh, brown butt length.
Speaker 3: Somewhat carriyanas normally where.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've really stepped that up, Dave.
Speaker 3: Can I just say I'm going to start this podcast my podcast by saying it's a really really important one for you two. Oh right, I think it's in a week's time. I'm sitting down to pick.
Speaker 2: My final side.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm going to use over the month of September.
Speaker 2: Where are we? Where are hosting? Job? He's up for grabs as well. Well, I'll just run off your hip. Just put me through the games. Buzz.
Speaker 3: This is a rare shot for you. So look, okay, I love Rudie free recipes. That's about it. Yeah, make mixed rock solid. This is his first one. He's missed all you I reckon.
Speaker 2: You know he wears no shoes on the podcast, Michael Carryanas don't doesn't wear shoes.
Speaker 3: So anyway, you're both under pressure.
Speaker 1: Well can I just get a recording of mixed Silly Laugh? And then that's one less person that Dave and I have to beat for the job. So yeah, no.
Speaker 3: Contest of saying you take it?
Speaker 2: Get rid of his laugh? There's nothing there.
Speaker 1: It covers the cracks and some performances I reckon. So yeah, speaking of which, Big weekend coming up, Massive weekend, an ultimate weekend of before the finals, lots on the lots on the agenda. And Dave, you've been across this Bulldog Seagulls on Friday night, Yeah, six pm, record crowd, massive pm game, massive.
Speaker 2: Seriously, load the bellmore was going nuts and now we're seeing the proof of what a successful Bulldog side does to the competition. Now. Currently, as of yesterday, ticket sales were sitting between thirty and thirty five thousand for a course stadium game. Hello, we know that's a bit of a struggle, right six o'clock Friday.
Speaker 3: Night now, and how many of them are manly?
Speaker 2: Well, that's right, bars don't travel No. A thousand. Imagine if the Dogs were playing a well supported traveling team now in order to break all record. Look, it's probably going to break. It's more than likely going to break any Friday night six pm crowd record and TV Yeah you're right, and the next challenge will be if they get above forty one thousand. It's the biggest crowd between a bulldog mainly game ever, wow, ever, And that's the ninety five Grand Final.
Speaker 3: This is a sensational story, guys, the rebirth of the bulldog. And you know what I really hate The West Tigers can do something similar in a few years. Mate, those street parties, Mobsie and Dave. Just see the cops, look they just see they're now finding people for excessive horn bipping at a four hundred dollars ticket. Yeah, asssive horn bipping. And look you're a horn beeper. Yeah, yeah, absolutely you'd been.
Speaker 2: I had the.
Speaker 3: Bitch some under day on the way and the Grand Parade because we were stopped at lights and the person in front of me was obviously on a phone because the rest of the cut, so I just.
Speaker 1: Had you're a horn always someone in Sydney will willing to let you know that you can move along.
Speaker 2: The cops made though, or I know, Laura completely over the top.
Speaker 4: But you saw four hundred bucks for excessive horn completely over the saw on social But when when the crowd the other week when they won up at Bunderberg to all but all but secure that finals place and the fans flooded onto the streets.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable. You're twelve hundred k's away your team's and you've all jumped out. That's yeah, jeez, wow.
Speaker 2: Have a party. What a story? So good? And you touched on the West Tigers bars. I was out at like last Friday morning, Thursday night, Thursday night and against Manly and so here's a team that's challenging for the Wooden Spoon. It's a Thursday night game again against Manly. Fans don't travel and the whole joint was packed. Look if they get it right at the time, Yeah, Jino bonehead. Old club officials back in the eighties didn't want one game a week, so I thought it would affect their crowds and cost the money. Right the TV now every.
Speaker 3: Game covered mainly you know that manly croller game in the last round lobs, it sold out thirteen days in advance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, jeez, thirteen days in advance.
Speaker 3: And just about it, mate, the game is dead set. I know we have our bunker crap and we outrage and what were you saying? The blockers, field goals and inconsist. But mate, TV's ratings and crowds, it's so good.
Speaker 1: What about this? You see the West Tigers put this out yesterday.
Speaker 2: They sold out.
Speaker 1: Round twenty seven. Corporate Hospitality is sold out at Campbelltown.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cool.
Speaker 1: Ahead of the Speed got six weeks. It's going to be a Campbelltown, especially if you an Earls fan.
Speaker 2: But marketing tactic to prove that this is the reason we're going to combat.
Speaker 3: Well, but you know what, and we're going off track here. I saw enough for the last two weeks the West Tigers to think if they can get a front rower with some leg speed and a bit of grunt and mangrel, you know, to replace Stefano. I think it's been a bit disappointing anyway this year. I honestly think. I'm not sure they'll make the eight next year, but I'm sure they're going to be thereabouts.
Speaker 2: We've been saying that for years. Mate. Mate, there, I'm telling you will make a massive difference. Massive. We had it on the Telly website yesterday. By the Royce Unel signed there, he's gone, he'll go there for he'll go there for three years.
Speaker 3: He had a bigger engine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your spot on and Tigers fans look like he's a good signing for you. But you get have to get more minutes out of him than twenty three minutes a game. Yeah, that's what he's got. They're good twenty three minutes.
Speaker 1: Can can I throw something else at you? Cory Hawsbrough during West Tiger's facilities, Hawsbrow and Royce Hunt have a little bit of history. Imagine them in the same Yeah, imagine them in the same team. That's a good I'd love to be there for that first.
Speaker 3: Can I notched the buzz? Yeah this week?
Speaker 2: Potential conflict prevent you to deal with Yeah?
Speaker 1: Perfect?
Speaker 3: Their stink? Thank you Wader. All right, it doesn't matter that all our listeners have already heard it. They can't develops, mate, different play different platforms share multi platform. But so anyway, we were talking about Acre record crowds and here we are about the West only because she pulled the sellout side out.
Speaker 1: Well I think you'd deviated of course before that. But big game, because look, I'm not saying that this is going to happen because the Pen's play the rabbit O's and the Titans in the final two rounds. It's not going to spark fearing anyone. But they're just they're a little off at the moment. Penrith and Canterbury. It's a million one to happen. But Canterbury keep winning, there's a top four spot there potential. But and if they beat Mainly this week, they lock in a home final week one of the finals. Yeah, elimination final, and you'll be playing whether you finish fifth or sixth doesn't matter. You'll be playing the eighth place team. Could it be the Broncos, could have been the Dolphins, the Dragons, or is it going to be North Queensland or potentially Mainly Again.
Speaker 2: I don't mind crystal balling Mobsie, but Jesus, I'll just struggle to see how the Panthers get beat by South you know, Hey, I wouldn't have seen the Raiders beating Panthers either, but you would think there's a response in Penrith now like that was pretty much a wake up call to Penrith. They're an incredible outfit and they were disappointing.
Speaker 3: They were very ordinary. But clearly when's Cleary back week one of the finals, they won't bring him.
Speaker 1: No, that's the claim, and so they tell you, I wonder if that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's a big story, big story. You go, cups are almost impossible in this era. But four what's next up from impossible?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but you go back those few weeks before Buzz they were neck and neck with Newcastle and then Nathan clearly put them to the sword. Happened with Paramatta. They needed it against the Dolphins.
Speaker 3: Clear it's funny, Yeah, it's funny. You talked about Newcastle. I think they'll make the eighth.
Speaker 1: You reckon, Yes, I heard you at the start of the week. I thought that was.
Speaker 3: Well, two softish home games and they're unbeatable on our boys' day last round and even if Saint George win one of their last two, noight's get them unforn against their fifty ahead, right, so they got this week Nights tight this week, then Dolphins on Old Boy's Day and there was six bucks.
Speaker 1: Six bucks is a big price.
Speaker 3: Because I looked up the odds. So I went on radio, sorry for doing my radio. I thought, no, no, I don't bet on foot you or anything, as you know. But I looked at up to see if I was wrong, and think because the bookies are smart, they've got some George at something like a dollar fifty.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't have faith in the nights buzz I saw your column last week. It was very very heavy, wasn't it was? It was any issues with it? It's actually incorrect or no, it was a heavy spray. Oh okay, you don't think six You don't.
Speaker 3: There's someone up there you don't cop. And the last time you on this podcast, I had to deal with you over the McGuire feud.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know you did. We had a great origin series. You don't like field Gardener, Well, he's an outstanding businessman and he's hugely successful at running these clubs. Yes, but he has turned through six recruitment managers in five years.
Speaker 3: As I always said about him and the entertainment injurants industry with paker machines and the bistro with a good snits all and gravy.
Speaker 2: And you know one.
Speaker 3: Of those steaks should get in clubs and Chinese restaurant. There's a good one at West Chinese. Yeah, he's a grade outstanding, but he's proven nothing on as far as the football. And I don't think he's handed control of the club to Peter Parr, which he should have done.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look there's there's more. There's more storms coming for that club postseason. The roster there is.
Speaker 3: Oh well they're tapping people, aren't they.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, and a Newcastle What we're talking about finals?
Speaker 1: This you got us thought, well, no, you're on track. You said they'd make the eight. This we're talking final, starting.
Speaker 2: To talk about garden buzz A second.
Speaker 1: Buzz?
Speaker 2: Is this on the Schnitzels? Right? You like the gravy on top or not?
Speaker 1: Now you're getting off track.
Speaker 3: Sorry, you're a steady man.
Speaker 1: I just got hungry. Loved one, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Just got hungry. I like a Parmesana.
Speaker 1: Well they do a really nice one at a pub out out my way and Mark Guyer and his young bloke, the Pioneer and they charge I think about twenty five for a parmy, but you can get the toppers and there's a special toppings on there.
Speaker 2: MG.
Speaker 1: Mark Guyer and his young bloke Mad have both got one named after him, and oh yeah, very nice.
Speaker 2: The Pioneers a bit of an institution out there, isn't it? Yeh? Is that good joint? Is that your local?
Speaker 1: You know we were golf clubs. My local?
Speaker 2: Is that? Yeah? Yeah? But I like that one. Sneaty, yeah, gravy. On topic.
Speaker 1: You were saying before Rugby league, you two are going pretty good.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you something. You're on the bench for sure, a bench spot.
Speaker 3: On mixed crook your first star.
Speaker 2: Of a insecurted, secured position, I thought. Daniel Atkinson on the Daniel Atkinson of.
Speaker 1: This yeah, buzzy. You were saying before about how the book is rarely get it wrong. And even before Craig Bellamy's pressure on Monday, they had North Queensland very short and the storm at quite a price for this Thursday night's game fifty yes, because of the intimation that they'd be resting players, they went ahead and did that. They've rested eleven guys, so they'll run out against the Cowboys in Townsville without Sie Katoa, Harry Grant, Jack Howarth, Jerome Hughes, Josh King, Nelson, A Sopha Solomoner, Nick Meenie, Sean Blaer, Turantleero Twoy Kamakametha and Will Warbrick. Now this is the Storm did this last year around twenty seven against the Broncos and got them up there because they always have good record against the Broncos at sun Court. You've got an issue with the resting policy, buzz.
Speaker 3: I don't like it, no look, and I know they are they're here to win a premiership, but when I turned the TV on, I don't like watching reserve grade sides. And I'm not saying the players are reserved graders right because they've obviously got a lot of talent there. But what I'm saying is it's normally their Sunshine Coast site and we're not getting value for our subscriptions. And I mentioned, you know the regional areas and the outback areas. They come from Cowboys fans and I know they're more likely to when they'll be happy when I go down to Shark Park. I go down to watch people like Ponger play when newcasts are in town. Well, when the Panthers are there, mate, I wanted to see Edwoods live and see Speed and Cleary and Louie and yeah.
Speaker 2: Buzz that there will be a player tonight that you haven't watched before. That you go, oh, geez, he's a good play. He could play a role in the future.
Speaker 3: You will, you will, you saw it, But I'm not as interested in the game date.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I saw it was still fair longer last year. And Buzz, there's a reason why the NRL is considering bringing back the NYC competition because we enjoy looking at the next gen players coming through. Well, I'll tell you, and that's what we're going to get tonight. We'll see a few Storm players that we haven't seen before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, three debutantes in that list there, Buddy on the bench.
Speaker 2: You're saying, but I like watching Grant play, mate, Yeah, you'll get to see him.
Speaker 3: You'll play finals. Yeah, Yeah, I like Hughes and Hughes we're going to get to it in a while. Might cross him to Dally yea. Yeah, that's a good point. I honestly, whenever I turn the TV, I want to see superstars.
Speaker 2: There's more provider attracts to Look, I disagree with you because of people, because of the weight of the premiership, and that's what the that's what the goal is. I'll tell you what. There's more pressure on the Cowboys tonight than the Storm. Seriously, if the Cowboys are serious about when in the camp, they have to roll through a storm side minus eleven starting players.
Speaker 1: Have to How do you feel, Dave if you're mainly who are in seventh taking and then you're watching six place North Queensland play the minor premiers, So you'd be gutted waiting without eleven players.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I mean you'd be gutted at this point, but you'd be hoping that the Storm can find it enough.
Speaker 3: Manly paying the penalty as they should for that game High Cup last week and the games they've changed, they've been so soft in so many games they shall be high on the ladder.
Speaker 2: That side on paper is nearly your top four side. Yeah, they weren't in my top eight, remember four? Yeah, not for me. What about Turboil against the Tigers? He was was mainly that was it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, he looked like men against He's.
Speaker 2: Gone off a little bit, hadn't he sc little bit lower form?
Speaker 1: Well, it's going to be on your halves to guide that team to victory.
Speaker 2: About three nineteen year olds the Tigers, I've got the job done against DC Brooks in trouble with Itch was ridiculous. That's why I don't feel sorry for Manly this weak. Yeah, fair point. There's a little tip around the perhaps might play a bit of half back tonight and fail longer to fullback.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Well because they named Gran Anderson, who's an outside back in the seven jersey, so I thought that was interesting. They've got keeping on Keegan Russell Smith, Panthers junior who's been coming through the ranks. Melbourne picked him up when they you know, they kicked off a couple of years ago with their pathway system. They brought a heap of players from other clubs and they've got a couple of Victorians coming through, but good Panthers kids.
Speaker 2: So I reckon chef. Was there a chef Peter Russell? Someone Peter Russell Clark. Have you seen the outtakes on recipes? Yeah? With the beard Russell Clark, that's how it went jingle.
Speaker 3: Well, that's when I saw the Russell high.
Speaker 2: I think Fletching did a did a Peter Russell Clark of a piece tap thing.
Speaker 1: Well, you have a look on YouTube. There's some bloopers where he swears like a sailor because he keeps It's hilarious.
Speaker 2: I've seen that. Very good google Peter Russell Clark swearing.
Speaker 3: I heard Tyrone Wishart on SCN when I was in the car yesterday being interviewed for their drive chout, and he spoke a little bit about this fella. But Tyrant Smith is such a wi Wichart is such a good talker. He was a good interview him on half for an hour. It just kept going.
Speaker 2: It was really good. I said to Saint Georgie La Laura power Brokers the other day, how the hell did they not get Tying Wishart back to his home club? Seriously, they letting go. I get it like you would Ben Hunt going in playing salary caps your salary cap at the time, and he and the kid wants a pathway through the NRL.
Speaker 1: But now has he got a pas just getting back? Seriously, he's feeling in. He named hooker this week?
Speaker 2: Did he playing the wing?
Speaker 3: He's a really lively smart player and yeah.
Speaker 1: Intelligent footballer.
Speaker 2: Buzz. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, this is the thing. This is the Storm side that's got so far logo on the wing. Sometimes they can't fit him into the seventeen.
Speaker 2: And it's a funny thing. We think the Storm resting players and then therefore rolling the arm over tonight. But try and tell Tyrone Wish to run soft. Yeah you know, I just love them at full strength, this club, Yes I really do. And I tell you who I'm a massive fan of, and I reckon he'll play Origin the next two years. Is Jack Howeth? Oh in the center. So he's a late bloomer, isn't he because he huge boom on him and then he went juice is tough. He's like Swali he cried and those sort of blakes he's made. He's a very good player.
Speaker 1: They didn't rush him. They he took a bit of time in Cup, in host Plus Cup up and Queensland Cup last season and he only got that one inner l game in Queensland Rapers. Yeah yeah, and they rested that in round twenty seven last year. Got that little nod and he'd flick between center and back row and I think he had a bit of trouble with his defense and you look at him now and wow, the reason they had him on that five year deal on good market so physical too.
Speaker 2: I heard Craig Bell let me talk about him about four weeks ago, and the question was asked, you know, why is Jack Haworth now here in the NRL, Like was it taking so long? And Craig couldn't have been more honest, and he said, Jack decided to be an NRL trainer and I train like an NRL player. And Craig was emanating that in pre seasons gone by, I just wasn't willing to put the work in.
Speaker 3: I tell this story the other week that when I went down did that monster interview and he came clean and got everything up his chest about his horrible gambling problems. And Grog and Melbourne have a rule when you walk into their football office, if you don't know someone, you've got to go to walk over and introduce yourself and say hi. So first off, I'm torrant Wish. Then next Boak comes to good Day, I'm Jack.
Speaker 2: I'll never get it, you know, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's cool. It's great.
Speaker 1: That's culture for you, though, isn't it. That's culture building. I was at the fights last.
Speaker 3: Night and there were a couple of smarly South Sydney players and I don't have the name, but it just shows you don't have to be like that. When I say Snarley Jack Whiteton was great. He went out, he said good, I had a nice He's a champion Blake Jack Haughton.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Absolutely. The Sharks have got a similar handshake policy down at Grana. Yeah. Again, if they see some anyone for the first time in the day, they have to go shake their hand. Yeah, very quick.
Speaker 3: So I know we haven't got to the other thing I love about Melbourne Storm. Their team song at the end of the game includes all the physios, Yeah, all the office.
Speaker 2: Massive massive Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it's felt like be honest yeah yeah. But they're not just a fully team, they're a fully club. And mate Roy Masters gets in the huddle. Now Roy works her opposition, but he's very close to Bellie Ache. He's a Storm stalwart and it's it's something might be worth a yarn, Dave, we get a picture still of it. Let's go through an idea mate, good.
Speaker 2: Yep, I like it. Yeah. Anyway, So what we're talking about Melbourn we'll talk have I pushed into the starting side yet, mate.
Speaker 1: This is that's handshake policy. Was that's a nice time, that's a nice yeah, okay, background listeners like background just got to get wardrobe on.
Speaker 2: You clash with the main man, can shrink your Sorry, that was very good. Do you have a look at the ratings when I'm not here?
Speaker 1: So on on the back of the storm. So they're resting guys this week, which makes you think they're going to roll them out the following week, which is bad news for the Broncos and Kevin Walters, but they first have to get through the Dolphins on Saturday afternoon, Saturday five thirty. What a game that's with so much on the line. Wayne Bennett's last Queensland Derby, well unless he takes on some Queensland expansion team as an eighty year old in twenty thirty.
Speaker 3: Was he at this house board meetings? Interesting way at the comments and the Raiders and there wasn't too much disagreement to the piece I wrote about him for double dipping.
Speaker 1: But look, the proof's there, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, no one out at twelve. Great game, fully, they wouldn't at that time, not just.
Speaker 3: The Battle of Brisbane is always a great game, but was so much hanging on both clubs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, massive, any mail on pay hearts, whether it'll play.
Speaker 2: He's trained, He's trained really well progressively this week. He's got the foot problem obviously, and what's today Thursday, he'll have a Tomorrow's the day for him. He joined the main group of the train of the Broncos training session yesterday and that's always a good sign when you join the main group, and so he basically it only needs to get through tomorrow's training session and he will play. I reckon he comes in and gets you've got to think how many minutes you'll get there, so correct it won't be massive and look look present made so totally.
Speaker 1: The Broncos sixteen kneel down against parill last week didn't look great. Fought their way back into it because a team that's just lacking star power. The Dolphins, on the other hand, they've been very underwhelming as well. I can't say the Dolphins may the eight, but then again, six weeks ago I right off the Broncos.
Speaker 3: The only reason I wrote that story on main was the scoreline the other day forty eight six. It was a thumping, not a yeah, yeah, and it sort of made me and Bennett coach sides. Four weeks they've averaged thirty eight points defense, which is.
Speaker 2: But one of the one of the opposing views I'd like to throw at you is this last year, when the West Tigers were going ordinary, we decided, we didn't decide, we were Our research shoueders and our calls to the West Tiger showed is that Benji Marshall was doing a lot of the coaching anyway, and Tim Sheens was taking a back seat. Yep, would you not argue that Christian Wolf has already got his hands on the wheel in preparation for next year, and Wayne has taken a back seat, and therefore.
Speaker 3: Well, if Wayne's taken a back seat with a final position on the line, it's a.
Speaker 2: It is It is a scandal. I didn't say it.
Speaker 3: I pulled up it's a scandal if he's taken aback when he's.
Speaker 2: Doesn't think that's a bit much like it's possible. It's possible.
Speaker 3: That's what we're here for debate. I understand what you're saying, but.
Speaker 2: So what I'm saying is it doesn't augur too well for Christian and I think he's got a huge future as a coach.
Speaker 1: Look, he's got a good c V already, Wolfy.
Speaker 3: You know, but I might understand myself down after that, I didn't say it.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll go back check the table. We can we can fix this in post.
Speaker 2: Maybe Why aren't we just wait an hour rating on it? I can't believe that SPT.
Speaker 1: This is like Graves.
Speaker 2: Curveball.
Speaker 1: A couple of weeks out from the finals. You make a little mistake, you go a little high.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Graves, that's I don't think Wayne should off. I think he should be you know. Having said that, I think Wayne these days his strength. He is a man manager. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you see him putting the chairs out and the sheds?
Speaker 2: Was great? What about that?
Speaker 1: So for those that didn't see it, there's the white plastic chairs off of the side with the Dolphins covers on them, And while Wolfy and the players are out doing the warm ups, Wayne is just taking the chairs out getting him in this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably he's just probably chairs the check Now. I think we should move on if we talk about him preparing a.
Speaker 1: Direct recon he brought his own chairs like bas to me, it's a.
Speaker 3: Different dude in Sheds. Didn't he remember like his favorite restaurant's Grapper where we sprung him during COVID. So you get down the Sheds after game and Charlie from Grapper delivering all these takeaway shanks. He's such a different dude.
Speaker 1: Shed they we didn't get your pick on who's going to buzzers, thinks the Knights are going to get there? Who's going to finish eighth?
Speaker 2: I've got to admit, boys, I haven't I'm not a I'm not one of these crystal ball dissecting people.
Speaker 1: We've we've seen your predictions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Saints can I think Saints can survive. I really do. I think they get the points against Paramatta. I'm not sure they will mate Non too much to play for Barzs really, from from a red V point of view, if they cannot find eighty minutes here, who's been gone bad? Yeah, I think there's there's You are Saints fans that watch that gun, watch the Dragons closely, and they will tell you that he hasn't been lights out all year. No player of the Year will be interesting at Saint Zach Lamer, right exactly. But then who's who's just below that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I went back and watched that game because I just thought I'd just try and pick out where things fell apart. But there was just I can see why Flannet pools his hair out.
Speaker 3: Because Flanagan had nearly run second.
Speaker 2: You know, I think you will.
Speaker 1: I think you're right because you know, Tyrrell Sloan shows glimpses of being that guy, and Flannel's challenged him to, you know, pretty publicly at times, to put your body on the line and that kind of stuff. You see Will Kennedy jump over the top of him for that try. Both fene brothers missed really bad one of ones that. Let there's eighteen points there, you lose by twenty eight, and there's a good bad good dragons and are very bad dragons.
Speaker 2: And what's concerning about Sloan and that Will Kennedy tries that Sharks tried it in the first half and they just missed it coming through and they saw just a big enough chink in Sloan's armor they just went, let's just do it again, yep, and we'll get it.
Speaker 3: And that's a worryin up burden.
Speaker 2: Well, look, so for me, Saints get there. If can I reserve my judgment until after.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well until after that. It's all locked in into basically two weeks time. Nice, So what do you make a power with the news that they've resigned Jamaine Hopwood. Now, who's there lockedforward? If someone has a young e there's talk about Gufo playing a bit of a roping forward role fullback potentially.
Speaker 2: I think it's forward planning. I don't think it's locked in stone that the kid just gets the fullback jumper. I just can't see how that unfolds, given Guffo's history at the club, But I think it's a It's definitely part of them longer terms, will move out of full back. His body's not the same. The miles are starting to take their toll on his legs. So you put it in the middle, in the front and the front. Yeah, I don't know. It's not a center or for me.
Speaker 3: One of the big stories next year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he can only take him one bay. Yeah. I was talking to the Eels yesterday. There's been all that speculation about Ryan Madison's future. They believe he'll just be part of the roster now next year. Wasn't able to secure another deal elsewhere stays the big one that will move will be read still waiting for him to get that deal done elsewhere. And the other one is Michael Sibo. We might see a bit of movement around Cibo, maybe moving on at the end of the year potentially. Yeah, So keeping on that one, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Was it unable to move for him to get a place elsewhere Madison or was he just taking up the options and not too keen to leave? Is that he's gone from blog It was potentially tapped to now we want you is.
Speaker 2: Well? Yeah, I think the case of it is is if you can find a club, go for your life. If not, you're here with us, and that's where it sits.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I've got to ask you these questions because Dave doesn't like doing predictions. But Daly M's coming up soon, Bussy.
Speaker 2: Dally Ms. I'm going to give you a what do you call the top four?
Speaker 3: First of all, now, not a quadrilla, it's the first fall first four in no particular order. I'll have Jerome Hughes on top. I'll have Stephen Crichton second, I'll have Angus Crichton.
Speaker 1: At third, the Brothers yeah nice, and I'll.
Speaker 3: Have James Sadiesko fourth. Yeah, that's that's solid buss with Zach Lamax. If you want a fifth, tell you what it's.
Speaker 1: I think last year proved it's so bloody hard to pick because you can now get a maximum six points each game, so you can really fly out leaderboard Dato. When that happens.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to dance down the Dallim rookie path for your mobsie. Okay, now this is this is this is probably something the game needs to look at because lokie Galvin is home and host in everyone's eyes as the best rookie of twenty twenty four. However, he can't win it due to a two match suspension. Daniel Atkinson is eliminated due to the fact that he played his first game three years ago. You need to play your back to back games within two years, not three. So for me, it's Ethan Strange down at the Raiders. Yep. Other contenders up lace to Lungey Jack Boss Stock at the dolphins's been good and Carl at the Sharks. So but Ethan's strange for me. Yeah, halfway through the year, we're going this was a few some people were, so let's throw him in. The Blues team is he crooked now or is he playing this week? I understand he's a chance next week up a week two weeker. Yeah, it wouldn't be out of place. What do you what a talent?
Speaker 1: But yeah, I agree, they've got to they've got to adjust it because he's he should be Rookie of the year. Yeah, you know he's not going to look back and go, well, he had that two game suspension. He doesn't deserve it.
Speaker 2: What do you get hip drop?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think that should take away from you the.
Speaker 2: Year belly from surround, dead flannages behind.
Speaker 1: All right, we're moving on to listener questions. But because MC is not on deck today, what about him brushing us? I didn't want to be involved.
Speaker 2: Didn't didn't contact me.
Speaker 1: No, Well, can you mark that against him when you're doing your right next week?
Speaker 3: I've thought about it, and if I can't separate Ricky O and carry Ons and Reid, I might put next chair in.
Speaker 1: All right, well, splinters e.
Speaker 3: I might really do that. First twenty, get his recipe out, then bring Mick in.
Speaker 1: We've got to finish with recipe. So Reddy's got to be a finisher in that regard. Yeah, right, So listener questions, is it two and the same? So Ramon and Brett both talking about Gatho to the Dragons, is that gaining traction? And is he a long term half solution for the Dragons? Could he play six? Now?
Speaker 3: He's saying at Power Rose has told of me wants him, so yeah, unlikely. Look, you can never say it for certain, but looks like rals does wand it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you're thinking he'd be thirty one by the time he'd look to join the Dragons for his current contract. Yeah, it goes back to your point before, Dave Tyron Wishart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean the Dragons would have to be careful for everything we spoke about Guffo's body, his age, and how much he going to pay to get him there.
Speaker 1: Johnty wants to know do you think Flannel will get an extension in the off season? In the off season which Kyle or I assume it's Shane? Yeah, Shane.
Speaker 3: In the off season signs three, didn't he? Yeah, probably doesn't need to happen, does it.
Speaker 1: Na, No, well that probably doesn't do it.
Speaker 3: We should wish ideas good. Well, this is and you know what Melbourne like Penrith. They cannot keep everyone. Yeah, so St George should blome him out of the park. Money wise, I wish it should be it in red and white.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 1: Matthew wants to know that the TV coverage has used drones for a couple of games this season. Could they potentially be used to review on side and dare I say forward passes?
Speaker 2: Jeez? Well it's a good idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not a bad idea. To slow the game down. You have to do it graphic and you know, set squares and all these things. I just wished to touch he set keep something. It's all they got to do.
Speaker 1: Let sharks try at the weekend. That was contentious that she was could because have you got a ticket referees ticket?
Speaker 2: I had a Journey League one years ago? Did you run the line? Did you run that around the line during the football? Yeah? Yeah absolutely? What about giving back to the great game? Did you run in from the very overweight struggling Oh, he comes filing in? What does he want? Can I just what? You can? I just starting something right now?
Speaker 1: Only only the fact you're talking about, you know, junior foot and what not. What about Dave's effort last Sunday on his day off, files a story in the video with Sharks, she and Steve Mace talking about that horrible, horrific stabbing.
Speaker 3: I thought about you when he did that. It was great, and I thought about the life of rugby league. We do have the best ever jobs. Yeah, but you'll never get a day on No.
Speaker 2: I honestly didn't think driving to my son's junior league game preliminary final. Mind you, we won fourteen twelve, the off to the GF.
Speaker 3: We go this week, show you stray yourself into the team.
Speaker 1: This is what do you do?
Speaker 2: I am chief water boy and he made my carry of water is now.
Speaker 1: They get through it while you're in Paris. It must have been tough.
Speaker 2: There was a couple of scratchy victories there. But you're right. I didn't think i'd be involved in such a horrific story, not involved, but being able to very share out of Steve Mason, his son, Cooper, and there all the other first responders.
Speaker 1: Horrible, absolutely, yeah, heroic, Yeah, that's it. We throw that word around a lot, but that was just amazing, you know the detail of what they did. Yeah, but I just thought that was worth a shout out. If you like that.
Speaker 3: Okay with that good journalists and that, yeah, good journalist And Madam.
Speaker 1: Corey JB wants to know if the under twenties comp came back comes back, would you tweak the rules to have a little more emphasis around defense.
Speaker 2: Or because of the hot massive school ones that we saw when we last what's the NYC? I don't think so, No, I mean does it. Had we seen an impact of the of the NYC back in the day. Did we see an impact that filtered into the NRL? No, they just adjusted to the NRL system. Yeah, I don't think it needs changing. No, I just want to see good and.
Speaker 1: You see you see players young kids in reserve grade these days, you know, or just let Jack Howarth mentioned young players learning how to defend against grown men, learning systems outside shoulder, footwork, everything else. That there's the pathways there for it, clear, patra. If Hines misses this week and the Sharks smash the Warriors with Atkinson and Trindle, should they rest him against Manly next week rather than play him?
Speaker 2: Well, I think he plays so, Sorry, Cleopatra, I don't think your question holds water. I think Heines will get there this weekend. Guys, And I think it's I think it's all part of a strategy. And I think if the Sharks believe they're going to go deep into the finals, they actually need Nico playing eighty minutes this week at eighty minutes next week. So he goes in with full confidence and timing match fitness, the soreness of making tackles not half hard coming off the bench this week. Can I ask you a questions ten or minute to go? Yeah, you need a Faiel goal, just google it or trendle or Atkinson. Yeah, but yeah, I'd like to think. I'd like to think Haines can get it unbuzzed. It'd be interesting.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you why I asked, because the mental scars have some misses. The sideline conversion which was a really tough kick.
Speaker 2: Who was that against at the end. You remember Dolphins? Dolphins? Yeah, and so yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'd be interesting. I hope they have some options. One of the best field guys I ever saw was Latrell kick one down in Melbourne and Kronk was standing on the right, Latrell was on the left.
Speaker 2: Everyone was waiting to go to that beauty. Yeah, and he kicked out of the stadium.
Speaker 1: Yeah, MIT's got some email questions here from Brendan. First, listening to the broadcast about the Immortals, that was mentioned that to be considered players should have dominated all three levels of the game. With this in mind, I always wonder why Lorie Daily isn't talked about more in these conversations. He obviously had a great career with Canberra, but also dominated for the Blues and captain three series wins in a row and culminating in that ninety four win of a Queensland team playing for playing against Malanie's final series. Do you think the Super League war has impacted his legacy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I don't.
Speaker 3: Laurie was a champion, right, But yeah, so was Brett Jenny, so was Ricky, so was Ourfy And it's so so exclusive the club and sadly the champions there they just miss out. And it's interesting that guy's question though, because Wally Lewis, and probably because of the stage of his career, didn't make it now, you know, but winning. Yeah, to judge him on the it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, your thoughts stable, No, I agree?
Speaker 2: Is it? I mean he's a champion and I don't think. I don't think the Super League War did anything. I mean, you could make a case for a whole host of players that were actually involved in the Super League War that have now kicked on to be part of the Hall of Fame and Immortals.
Speaker 3: If there was a club between Hall of Fame and Immortals, there'd be some great players you could hike in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you know what I mean? The next.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Matthew's got one. The idea is, instead of a ten minute sinbin, we bring in sinbin based on laps. We work out the average time a player takes into a lap at full pace. Then when a player doesn't accidentally head high, he might get eight laps. He and his team have to decide if he's going to sprint it for eight laps get back on the field but he's buggered, or he does it at a slower pace. His team might be an attack at part of the lapse and return with more energy.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got a lot of time.
Speaker 2: With his Matthe Nah, I don't want to. I love that.
Speaker 3: That's an old secret. Look after your customers, and he's a good customer, Matthew. But that's a very bad idea.
Speaker 1: There'd be some very unfit footballers if they get marched to how many laps you could get done? Yeah, it wouldn't be like a Hamaso getting ten in the bin.
Speaker 2: Because oh, because I'm on my junior league bandwagon at the moment, right, Can the junior league please seriously look at reducing the ten minutes sin bin for junior league players. The game only goes for forty minutes. Don't just adopt an NRL rule and put ten minutes into a forty minute game. This isn't helping him come back now, mate, turn it into five minutes instead of ten. In South Wales Rugby League, see Dave Troton, I'm talking to you. Can I remind you this and a NRL podcast lost a seat for the listeners. Listeners out there league junior league parents listening to this podcast listening. I know you. I have your support. He is a great down best for junior league with all your wash out stuff. And it was good. Thanks Mane, very good.
Speaker 1: I'm glad he might have cost himself a spot. Now I'm backing with a hope this is nice and we're going to fish off with Harry, who says having a look at the twenty twenty Grand Final teams. The Storm have had a turnover of twelve players from that side, more than Penrith have had. That team had a bench of Hines Foranurkin, Farsel Malawi and Brandon Smith. Consider the roster he has in twenty four. Is this season Bellamy's greatest coaching achievement?
Speaker 2: It's a good yarn buzz bloody Yeah, what a good question. Who was that? Prob mate?
Speaker 1: That's from Harry.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you Harry should go knock on Matthews. Yeah, and they should you spend some time together. Harry can counsel matt on how to send a question in. We should go and have a look at that team. And yeah, is it his greatest coaching achievement? Well, the premiership will determine that. Yeah, But it's bloody good, isn't it.
Speaker 1: But you're how many points clear?
Speaker 2: They have? Six? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Against the team that's one And I don't know it's obviously harf a Penrithy back up and back up and back up.
Speaker 2: But I'm a massive believer and I know we've got to wrap it up. A massive believer in The Melbourne Storm have a major advantage over the rest of the competition. By their location, and I mean the fact that they can train in isolation.
Speaker 3: Without cameras, really training in isolation, well, they don't have They've got a very open field down there.
Speaker 2: They don't have a sea of cameras, a sea of journo's, the constant press in belly Ake's face. Yeah, he took them the fellow the edge forward. He got into trouble this week and I saw, yeah, but the fact he was down there no one picked up on exactly. Yeah, Okay. The secret to their success is Paul, the head of recruitment.
Speaker 1: I've got some breaking news. The NERL has made a final determination following an Integrity Unit investigation into the actions of South Sydney Rabbit's player Latrell Mid. The NRL can confirm that Mitchell will be suspended for one match with a twenty thousand dollars fine and required to undertake appropriate training, education and remediation. So the particulars of the breech notice was that Mitchell featured in imagery which emerged publicly on August twelve. August twelve that depicted him acting in a manner which has brought the game into disrepute. The suspension is to be served once the player is fit and available to return from injury.
Speaker 2: I reckon he's a comeback next week.
Speaker 1: They've already put a line through him. He missed training, he didn't train today. Well, Ben Hornby said the other day he's mister week of training.
Speaker 3: He is playing maculous comeback.
Speaker 1: I want to watch him train then, I want to see this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, putt the camera down there at hepcom park Y.
Speaker 1: See if we can get one out there.
Speaker 2: Thoughts on that that disciplinary action is pretty much on par with similar offenses of this category from the NRL. So it does really surprised. And this is what basically, you know, reading and the guys at the team here at the tell you've been reporting that it will be a one match being in twenty grand fur.
Speaker 3: The interesting thing is South's got to make a statement agree.
Speaker 1: So what does that South statement look like for you guys?
Speaker 2: Well, I'd be going a major fine and last warning with a clause in there that it's all over if you step out of line to this extent ever again, yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: This is what five years has had now at South's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my concern is the number of games he's playing. Yeah, and it's not enough for the salary that he's on. It's a very very good point, that bit of breaking news to wind up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good journalists and object and dinner tonight. I am doing a barbecue and I got my missus wants chicken, Jack wants Theresa, my daughter wants to snag and bloody hamburgers.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's the sort of mixed girl.
Speaker 1: How's the new place going you?
Speaker 2: I love it? Yeah, I love it. Sat out there in the bar bridge next to it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Have you had an invite around yet yet?
Speaker 3: Once you got to pull the little one a little plungy, yeah, much choosed to look after Yeah.
Speaker 1: You mate.
Speaker 2: Well it's the last hour Grand Final preparation training tonight. Okay, so we're going to get pizzas in for the boys. We'll get in the dressing room and we'll just have one last chat. Yeah right, buzz. You've been here before, yeah with the drop in Okay you did? Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, And I watched a grade in the park last week. It was fantastic. Yeah, yeah down yeah, yeah good. The curriede sausages and rice are the best ever.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Four dollars fifty Oh yeah, I love that we get around the junior soccer. When you get a different you get you get some games in Bankstown and places like that, and they have the you know, have the little sausages and you find different.
Speaker 2: All the punt is down there were saying Joel Caine wraps the curriage sausages on s N does he gave him? Yeah, Yeah, we should actually go right next season because we're coming about. Yeah, we should go right all the junior soccer on rugby league. We don't let ready anywhere neither.
Speaker 1: Well, my wife and daughter are heading to Canbra for the weekend, so it's me and the young bloke. So he's got soccer training this evening, so I'll give him the choice. We might get some takeaway from Yeah, we'll see which way leans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, beats salmon in the air fry. How dare you have you removed the smell from the air fry yet?
Speaker 1: It's fine, There was never any smell.
Speaker 3: I could think of nothing worse. He's smelling their.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your oven, bake your salmon. Every knows that.
Speaker 2: But I'm not going to announce that.
Speaker 3: I'm going to keep these, so see what we're going to do.
Speaker 2: I won't be here next week because I have another commitment, but I will give Adam the team and he can announce it well.
Speaker 1: Tune in next week and we'll announce who the finals team is. Thanks for stopping by boys, H