Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiicol Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait island of people joining.
Speaker 2: Us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. Welcome christ Rand. You've rather intro. How's your sleeping pattern going? Give me an update that you're still an insomnia.
Speaker 1: It's a lot better, but I still feel like I'm having not as good of sleep as I used to. Right, So, if you miss the episode, I have been having fucked up sleeps and one night in particular, it was a Sunday night, like two Sundays ago, I had no sleep at all. And I spoke about this in our main episode last week. Anyway, I forgot to mention in that episode with you, Matt another thing that I did on that night that I was having no sleep at all. I'm talking the sun was coming up and I was still awake. I also googled. I'm not really into this sort of stuff, but I know that it's a thing I googled is something going on with the moon? Cause you know how they say like when it's a full moon, this happens, and half moon and whatever all the planets. I'm not into that kind of stuff, but I thought I was desperate. I'm like, fuck, it is it a full moon or something? Because why can't I sleep? But I forgot to mention that to you in the pod. Anyway, the day that that episode of ours came out, I got a DM from a clairvoyant. Oh, let me find it. I'm sure she won't mind if I read it out, because she messages me every day. I meant about certain things. Okay, hey, Britt, just listen to your high scrollers and had to message you. Are you're insomnia? It sounds like and because you know, I's talking to you about my period and the cycle and everything, and how I thought I had something to do with that. Well, she said, it sounds like your period is in sync with the full moon. And the last full moon we had last Sunday was a rare supermoon, which means that it's much closer to Earth, so felt more intensely. There was also a rare once in a decade planetary alignment in conjunction with this supermoon, and the effects of it were felt hugely for days last week. I also couldn't sleep last Sunday night, and I had a lot of people and clients I spoke to had the worst insomnia last week that lasted for days, And this is exactly what happened to me. It was on that Sunday night and all the way through to the Thursday, I couldn't sleep. We've also been having huge solar flares over the last week too, which can cause a whole array of mental and physical symptoms. So to me, it sounds like your cycle is in sync with the full moon every month, which a lot of women are, and I believe this is why you're not sleeping some food for thought. Wow, And I'm like, I'm I believe that. Like I've never really gotten into all that kind of stuff, but I know it's like a thing, and that I mean, I kind of I believe it, oh for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean, the Moon controls the water on the Earth, right, the Moon controls water and tides and blah blah blah, which is fucking what aren't we eighty five percent water? Yeah, so no one in the moon controls us. I fully believe that as well. I'm all about the planets and the mercury retrograde.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too, Like I've never really like gotten heaps into it or whatever, like watch videos here and there on TikTok and whatever. Yeah, google things when I'm feeling weird, I'm like, is it a full moon right now? You know how they say when there's a full moon, like weird things happen, or like people act weird or whatever. So I'm fully believing in that. And for her to message that and say that that was that Sunday night that the moon was doing that fucking crazy shit, I'm like, this all fucking makes sense, so that that's my answer. I'm going to run with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so you're blaming it on the moon, So how do we destroy the moon then, because clearly we call out.
Speaker 1: The guy from Despicable Me, he catches the norse.
Speaker 2: Any of the Minions movies you want to.
Speaker 1: Call you AJN, I just want to go with a j mahew with me. The most feel good movies.
Speaker 2: In what world? No, I haven't watched any of the Minions movies. I don't get the Minion's hype and like you know how people like bag on like Disney adults and stuff. I don't really care about Disney adults. I feel I am one myself. If you love like Mickey Mouse and Mini Mouse, I can get around that. If you love to speaking with me, fuck off. It's such a if you love a minion, get over yourself.
Speaker 1: Get real the main guy and the three girls, Like it's more than just the minions in the movie, and it's like feel good, make you laugh, make you get emotional, Like it's just one of those feel good movies.
Speaker 2: You need to I never will I watched it, I would say no, I don't think. So what do you love it? Has AJ watched it?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I love that. I'm loving that song on TikTok? Who we do know? That's the Oh, that's a question. I mean got the lyrics wrong.
Speaker 1: But you see there's good soundtracks in it. Like it's a fucking feel good movie. If you haven't seen it, go watch the first one. Yeah, it's just like chuck it on on a Friday night, have some popcorn at home. I'm going to watch it again.
Speaker 2: But I don't hello, I need blood Guts Murder, like I watched SAUV the other day, saw five the other day, Like that's that's wait, No, was it five? What's the most recent one? Where is it ten? How many fucking saws are they? Anyway? I want that, I want drama. I want I'm on the edge of my seat, Like are you on the edge of your seat when you're watching the Minions movies.
Speaker 1: At some moments maybe if you think something bad's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: I can't think of anything worse than me and Sky sitting down to watch a fucking Minions movie. Oh my god, I'd believing so fast if he said, babe, let's sit down and watch Minions tonight. Just wiggle with me. I'll go. You can get it to my house.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Scott. Speaking of Sky, I saw that you shared the other day on Instagram that it was yours and Sky's five.
Speaker 2: Year How crazy?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you remember when my whole brand was being like desperate and dateless and single and like no one would ever love me?
Speaker 1: And you would. You would have little boyfriends every now and then, and then you would tell me about him, and then the next time I saw you, nah, yea, now I hate him. Now now we're done with him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I fell hard and fast and then they ghost me. How did you Sky meet at a drag show, So oh yeah, I went. I was coming down to Sydney on a Thursday night. They had this thing called Drag for dollars at Arc Sydney on a Thursday night. And my friend and I were coming down from the Central Coast each week and going out like multiple times a week. We just discovered drag. We loved it. When I saw Sky across the room looking absolutely so gorgeous and perfect and was Sky and drag No, just sitting watching the drag And we were over the other side of the room watching the drag as well. And I leant over to my friend and was like, look at that guy over there, and I said, that's my future husband.
Speaker 1: I was like, and you didn't know each other, any mutuals or anything.
Speaker 2: No, I never spoke a word, never saw him before in my life, no mutual friends or anything. Saw him across the room. This is one of my first times going to see Dragon Sydney. Saw him, said that's my future husband. My best friend was like, oh my god, that is so like your type. He is so everything mother. But I was really shy, and I also had just like gotten out of this like weird thing with a guy, and so I was a little bit like shy and reserved and like not really ready to do any of that. So I funnily enough, his friend was actually a follower of mine who's Christina. By the way, I've ended up living with him. It's one of my close friends now, like we So she came up to me that night and was like, oh my god, hey, can we get a photo and everything like that, like I love you, And she's actually friends with Sky, and I'm going, oh my god, this is perfect. And then for probably three four five months we just kind of connected, like me and my friend connected with her and Sky, and then there was like a larger group as well, and we kind of like just joined the friend group in a way. And then anyway, I was crushing on him for a while and.
Speaker 1: Crushing on you, No, it was a feeling mutual at the start, n so I but.
Speaker 2: He didn't know that I was crushing on him. And I like said to Christina, I was like, I knew she was going out for dinner with Sky, And I said, when you go out for dinner, can you just like gauge if he's like interested in anyone or if he's like looking to date anyone. Or anything like that, and Christina came back to me the next day and was like yeah, So I spoke to Skuy and was like like like, are you looking to date anyone? And Sky was like nah, not interested, don't want to don't want any anyone right now, not interested in anyone. Can't be bothered with a relationship. Ba bah. And I was like, oh okay. So then like two weeks later, we all planned out to go out as a friend group, but then something weird happened and everyone got the wrong memo and no one showed up except me and Sky, and we were both just like oh, like this is and no, you're both looking at me like oh, I think this wasn't as if this wasn't set up. No, it genuinely wasn't set up. Like Christina was pissed, bitch Likena was angry that like the wrong time had been told to her. And then another friend that was meant to come like literally couldn't get off work, and then it was just all these things happened and it was just me and Sky and I was like, well, we're both here, so we might as well just like get a drink and like chart and then like we spoke for like a few hours, and then we met up with the friend group afterwards because everyone was then ready to come out. But we like kind of like had this like moment where we like discussed our lives and really got to know each other. And then it was his birthday. This so funny and just so me and just so us, but we obviously didn't know it at the time. So he sky tells me that his birthday, we went out to the new Town Hotel to again watch Drag and I just felt so hot, Like I was just like I'm killing it at the moment, Like I just looked so hot, and I was like, you know what, like I'm putting the charm on tonight and see if it gets anywhere. And if it doesn't get anywhere, then like cool, I've I've given it a goyah and I don't care. We can move on, you know what I mean. And so it's his birthday. We're out and you know, I'm just like being flirty but overly like just you know, touching his back and things, and like he wanted. He went to the bar to get some food because we were there to have food and watch Drag, and like I paid for his food, like literally such the smallest gesture and Sky literally goes like, when you paid for my chips, I knew there was something there. I'm like, he's like the moment that likes he reckons that like that night is the night he like first felt like butterflies for me because I paid for his fucking chips and I at the Newtown Hotel. Like it's just the most unromantic but us thing ever.
Speaker 1: That's a little thing. So I love the little things like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then it was pretty clear. And then it was like, you know, a few more weeks of just like flirting, talking all the rest of it, and then we I've told you before. I don't know if I've said it on this podcast, but I think a lot of people do it because I've discussed it before. I always had this vision for my life that like I would propose to my boyfriend in the place that we had our first kiss. Our first kiss was in a toilet cubic cool at Stonewall Nice, So that's gone out that we won't be doing that. But I had this thing picture, this picture in my brain of like I can't wait to repose in like the place that we share our first kiss. We've both got so drunk on Long Island iced teas. I went to the bathroom, he went to the bathroom, and then we were just like, come in here and let's go for it. So very romantic first kiss in there, and the risk is history.
Speaker 1: That's so cute. It feels like just yesterday that you like started dating. And I feel like when you did start dating, that's when you had come off the back of like, you know, some little flings here and there kind of thing. So I feel like at that point when I found out that you actually had like a boyfriend boyfriend, I think you were like kind of hesitant about the whole thing as well, because you had just like sort of dated a couple of guys kind of thing. So it's just crazy to think now it's been five years.
Speaker 2: I know, before Sky, I don't think I'd had an actual official relationship for longer than like three months. Lots of situationships, lots of three month relationships. Then we broke up and then we still slept together six months or whatever, you know, things like that. But we hated each other, but it was just convenient, like all that sort of stuff. Yeah, like an actual like relationship. I don't think I dated anyone officially for longer than three months.
Speaker 1: See. I think when you find yourself in like a good solid relationship, like I feel like both of us are in now, it does make every other fling or relationship just seem like it wasn't even legit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like I even look at my relationships before AJ and yeah I had boyfriends, but like comparing it to us being together now for seven years, I look at all those boyfriends that I had for a year here and a year then, and it like they weren't relationships. Yeah, Like even though you said it was and that like, oh yeah, that was my boyfriend, Like wasn't really fucking your boyfriend?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like it wasn't, especially when I was so young. I make I don't even know, And isn't it funny that like I couldn't even tell you, Like there's one boyfriend I'm like, I wouldn't even know his last name. Like I wouldn't even know his last name.
Speaker 1: It definitely wasn't a boyfriend then, but he was for two months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like if you asked me what his last name was, I couldn't fucking tell you.
Speaker 1: See. I think when you finally get into like a nice solid relationship that is actually like what a relationship should be. Like you just look at everything else that you did and you're like, why the fuck did I do that? And also like, yeah, we were so young.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I just.
Speaker 1: Think of eighteen year olds getting into relationships now, I'm like, don't fucking do it? Yeah, wait till you're above twenty five. But you do those things to learn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the thing. Everything in life is a lesson or a blessing or a lesson. So learn a lot of lessons before I came to the blessing exactly right. But yeah, what's your like? I don't know, I don't really know what to ask you, but I feel like I've just spoken a lot, So I'm trying to throw you at throw your bone here to be like, what do you think the scrollers would like to hear about long term relationships? And maybe something that they don't What am I trying to say here?
Speaker 1: What's the key to? Yeah? What a key to a long term relationship?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Let me give you my five top tips for a long lasting relationship? Am just kidding?
Speaker 2: I don't want to do asma all? Here is my nose whistle.
Speaker 1: You know you're in a long term relationship when you're laying in bed at night and then you say, can you please stop breathing like that? Lay there with his mouth shut and his nose is just doing the tiniest I'm like, can you go like that because your nose is whistling?
Speaker 2: I never do that. We've never told each other that we're breathing weird. I tell him to get off me. I'm like, you are on my side of the bed.
Speaker 1: You know, when someone's got their mouth shut but they're breathing through their nose, but there's like that faint whistle.
Speaker 2: Yeah me. Sometimes you can hear it on this podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes I can't hear it from You have to have.
Speaker 2: My microphone so far away because if it's too close. Sometimes you can hear my nose whistle.
Speaker 1: And then I go, can you please go like this? Like you've got something in your nose? I feel like, honestly, like people always say that relationships are hard, and it's not to say that they aren't gonna be hard at times, Like you're gonna have your hard times and your challenging times, and like you're going through life together, and like life isn't always perfect and amazing, So when you're in a relationship, you're going to experience some hard times together. But I truly think that when you are in a good, stable relationship, it feels fucking easy. Yes, Like I know people like relationships are hard. I'm sure, Like, yeah, I'm seven years into my relationship with AJ, you're five years in with Sky. I'm sure we will still yet to be like, we're going to face some challenges together, and maybe our relationship will be tested in the future, like you never know. But I think for the most part, like a relationship shouldn't be hard to try and make good. Yeah, to work, you know what I mean. And those other factors that come in through life, like stress from money and then like I know when people have kids, like that can add so much stress to people's relationships because then it's just a whole other element to your fucking relationship, and then the kids of the priority and your relationship gets put on the back burner. But for the most part, like doing life with AJ and being in my relationship with him is like a piece of piss. Yeah, same easy, And I think that's how a healthy relationship should feel most of the time.
Speaker 2: And also it's so different to any other relationship that I've had because I I just it's so like cliche, but like when you know, you know vibes, because every other relationship I've had has been like we've either had problems or I'm like checking the Snapchat location like where is he? What mean there's trust issues? We're on and off?
Speaker 1: Is that girl on Instagram that you just followed? Why does the girl keep liking your photos? Like That's not how a relationship should be. No, Whereas like when you're in a really solid relationship, you never have those thoughts.
Speaker 2: No, Like I never have to I Sky and I have location on, but it's like it's never like what's he doing? It's like is he home from work yet? Like that's why I'm checking the location And that's like the.
Speaker 1: Biggest I'm all for having a location on, especially for like emergency situations, Like imagine if something happened to your partner, touch would and they the location wasn't on, but imagine if it was, and like how many like missed opportune is there could be with that. I don't have any keys to having a long lasting relationship. I think when you just find your right person, Like it just makes it a lot easier for you. And there's all the things like communicate blah blah blah, understand one another, all those things. But I think if you're going to be in a relationship, it's just all about finding that right person where you can just so easily do life together. Yeah, And I'm grateful for that because I know a lot of people are in shit situations or struggle to find a good partner. So touch would. I think we're lucky.
Speaker 2: And one of the biggest things I think that is I've said it before, but I'll say it again. One of the biggest things for my relationship is that Sky has his friends and I have my friends. And although they coexist and we do mingle together, we don't I'm not ingrained in his friends' lives. It's a bit different from that core group that we kind of create when we're all going out. But I mean, he's got work friends and things like that. And in the past, I think with boys that I've dated, I've been like, this is who I'm dating, and you must be friends with my best friend and this friend and this friend, and everyone needs to be a big, happy family and You're like now a part of my life fully, and everyone in my life has to be you know, whereas he goes and spends time with his friends, I go and spend time with my friends, and sometimes they coexist. If we have a little you know, house swarming, or someone has a birthday and his friends come over. Obviously I'm still like a part of their lives. But I think in the past I've really been ingrained.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's important to have your own things and get too caught up in one another. I know that can happen a lot, especially in like the early days of relationships, you know, when you're just like infatuated with.
Speaker 2: One and a hour with them every second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it is really important, especially as the years go on, that you are still independent and can do your own things and enjoy doing those things, and then you enjoy like coming back together again.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that is really important too.
Speaker 2: I'm a part is so important as much as time together.
Speaker 1: I couldn't agree more.
Speaker 2: I sort of thing in really healthy long term relationships.
Speaker 1: It's crazy we are a relationship pod now as well, like we're really covering it. Also, Hannah changed the category to relationships on Spotify and Apple Podcasts please.
Speaker 2: People are also begging for another photo update because like another photo shop for the cover and it's been a year, but you've got different You've got short and brown hair. My hair is different. I no longer spark it up. Yeah, so we might need and I just feel like our styling and now that we know what the podcast is.
Speaker 1: We can we can change it up. Well, I reckon, Like I think, let's just fucking leave it until next year, Like that's going to be you you want to do it now?
Speaker 2: I don't care. No. Oh actually I've got a real good idea, but I can't say it on this podcast because next year we'll coincide with something else.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah yeah. And I'm just like to me, in my mind, we're at that point of the year now where the year is basically.
Speaker 2: Fucking well, not worry about it.
Speaker 1: Like I said to any new idea at work, I'm not you can do it next year because like you know, it's this time we're leading up to like the crazy busy spring and slumberperia like boom, it's going to be over. But I agree, we're definitely going to do a new cover art. But maybe let's just like start fresh in the new year. I reckon, let's just keep riding out this year with the og artwork.
Speaker 2: So that's good. All right, Sorry, I'm so tired.
Speaker 1: That's about it. See you next Tuesday. Oh yeah, a bunch of see you next Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, thanks for listening. I love you at least I don't know about her, but I love your support and thank you havingly trying to get have a fabulous weekend. Yes, if anyone wants to transfer me money, linkin. See your next Tuesday.