Speaker 1: Welcome to First things first, I'm brook Bletting. My pronouns are she and her.
Speaker 2: I'm Maddie Meals. My pronouns are he and him. And before we get started, we'd like to acknowledge the custodians of the land on which we record and today for me, that's the Gaddigil people of the urination and.
Speaker 1: For me, I'm back in Melbourne, zurrendering people of the cooler nation.
Speaker 3: Let's go into it.
Speaker 1: So we're just chatting before about thirty. Oh my god, yes, because I'm counting down the days. It's literally in like less than eight weeks.
Speaker 2: It is so soon for you.
Speaker 3: It's so crazy.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel thirty though. I feel like.
Speaker 2: When squat your knees crack.
Speaker 4: Not yet not Yeah, I've got good knees, good ankle.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I love that. See, I'm just scared. I was having a conversation with someone on the weekend who's thirty one, and they were like, you just wait, your body starts you start to feel it once you turn thirty. And I'm like, oh my ooh, I'm scared.
Speaker 3: That reminds me of what Dad was telling me the other day.
Speaker 1: We were on the phone, and he said, when you get old, when you get to the ground, so like when you're sitting or like you need to pick up something, He's like, you start to think about all the things that you should probably do down there because it's so hard.
Speaker 3: To get back up.
Speaker 2: Next minute, you're just crawling around the room.
Speaker 1: So I never loved so hard at dud saying that, like it was so it's like, so right, I guess you're like, oh should.
Speaker 2: I Is it really that far down once you get older?
Speaker 1: I know, but my dad's really tall, so he's like, yeah, that'll be for me.
Speaker 3: So funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I mean, thirty, how did we get here? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: You know, I still don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seems like when you're young, you think that thirty is a long way away. You think that it's an age where you know you're very mature and have your shit together and you've got it law sorted, and you get here. Well, we're nearly there. You're really close, and it's like, I still feel young. I still feel like I don't know exactly what's going on, and I feel like I still feel in my early twenties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I honestly think, why is emphasis so much on those decades? Yeah, because I mean about like twenty didn't seem like a decade, right, Like eighteen was where you get to and you're.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, I'm an adult, not really like let's.
Speaker 2: Be honest, you're still a child totally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then there was no really no big emphasis on twenty like you're in you. And then you know, there's your twenties. When you're in your twenties, yeah, thirty, and then forty, like all those decades just start to get like so much more emphasis and I feel like so much more pressure to be at a.
Speaker 3: Certain like stage or place.
Speaker 1: But from what I've heard, and this is just from like a general consensus of my friends and family, that that your thirties are the best years because you've established yourself in thirty years and that's like the best thing, I think, because your twenties are figuring it all out and your thirties is like, okay, yeah, like I've done the work now and I know who I am. And there are people that are probably we found themselves earlier than that. But I think like your thirties like really established, like you're taking a little bit more serious. I think you know, you're not in your twenties anymore, You're not in your baby era.
Speaker 2: Did you ever feel like when you were younger that you were going to sort of have it all sorted out or sort like? For me, I remember even in my early teens thinking that by the age I was twenty one, I wanted to have like everything that I ever wanted, you know, the pressure of having success or having the house or the car, or the big dream or the big goals fulfilled by the age of twenty one. Like, how insane is that to even comprehend now, Like, you know, ten years, yeah, past that, and it's like we're still figuring it out.
Speaker 3: I think that's so human.
Speaker 1: Though, because I did have a timeline when I was younger, I think I couldn't tell you what my timeline was. I wasn't really that set on it because I think when I was younger, I was trying to survive and trying to make a life for my So I don't think I could really envision that because I was there was so much happening in my life. But I think when I got more settled in my early twenties and I started to you know, develop my career, I was like, okay, Like when I had a long term relationship, I think that was what helped push my timeline, because you know, when you're building a life together with someone, which I think I feel like that, you know that's something you and Danny are doing. You start to plan and you start to I guess, lock those sort of things in because that's what you worked for, I guess in a relationship, like right, but I mean, you know, they're relationships that are just lucy groosey and we'd just go with the flow.
Speaker 4: But I'm like, okay, yeah, sure, broken up next week now.
Speaker 1: But like, yeah, I've only really thought about those timelines when I was in a relationship.
Speaker 3: But being single and I.
Speaker 1: Guess sort of figuring it out and establishing myself by myself and for myself, I haven't put some pressure on the timeline. I definitely thought i'd be in a different place, and I still have those feelings like I'm sure you know, the kids have always been on my cards. But actually, funny enough, this is such a weird thing that I haven't really spoken about. But when I was younger, my stepmom used to ask me like would I have children. I was very maternal when I was in community, like I always had a kid on my hip, like you know, walking around with babies. But then when I got to my dad's and my stepmom, I didn't have that, so I got to kind of like learn to be a kid. Funny enough, I actually then wasn't into dolls and stuff like that. Like I was into drawing, art and sport. Children weren't really like something that I wanted. It was just in community that I'd always been around and like become so maternal about. And then I was like, oh, when I was there, like yeah, I didn't really want to be around kids and babies. Okay, I wasn't like I got asked a babysit and I had babysit.
Speaker 3: That was about it.
Speaker 1: But then when my stepmom asked me like, do you want children, I would actually say to her not. Obviously that changed over time and I realized I do love working with kids. Us. You know, there's certain ages that I love working with, and I think it's the age when I was.
Speaker 4: Younger, when my mum died was eleven.
Speaker 1: So I feel like that age for me is I know that it was crucial in my life, and that is that that's the age that I want to work with. So I feel like it all came for full circle. But in terms of the timeline, right, like the older I get, the more I'm moving away from children.
Speaker 2: Well, I was just about to say. You said something to me the other day when we were shopping, and you said, we're talking about kids, and you said, oh, you know, I don't even think. I don't know if I want kids anymore. And I thought that was interesting. I thought, you know, there's we've had many conversations about kids, and and by you saying that, it definitely felt like maybe you had had a change of thought about being a mum. Is that something that like has come recently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I had lunch with friends yesterday and they've had a six month old and this she's so beautiful, like little Millie, and you know, I'm holding her and I'm enjoying that time and I feel that, you know, like that sort of maternal instinct with like hold, you know, like making sure this little thing is safe and you know happy. Yeah, but there is that I guess that sort of disconnection that I have now that it's like I like my freedom. You know, having a dog is a big responsibility and you know, like now, like you know, I'm in Melbourne and.
Speaker 4: Covis with you, and I feel like guilty because I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, well, my child, my dog child, yeah, is not with me, and I feel like i'm you know.
Speaker 3: And so I just can't. I just don't want to have to live.
Speaker 1: With that kind of guilt and responsibility in this moment right now of taking care of something.
Speaker 4: I just want to actually live a little bit longer.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, because I only feel like I've just started, which is crazy. So I'll turn I'll flip over to thirty, I'll turn that next chapter, that next level up, and I feel like I've only just really started living, Like I want to actually explore international travel, I want to achieve like things like I want to climb and hike and do these fun things. But if I have a kid, Yeah, that responsibility or that freedom and that independence can be sort of impacted, I guess. And I think that's what I'm trying. I'm being a bit a bit selfish, but itself flops because I'm still figuring out myself too, Like I'm not perfectly where I would like to. I guess, like no one really is, are they Like perfectly where they want to be.
Speaker 3: What was your timeline?
Speaker 2: Well, my timeline. I always felt like when I was younger that I wanted to achieve and have success early in my life and I wanted to like tick off the big goals of buying a house and.
Speaker 4: Okay, did you have ages of what you would want to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, early, and like I'm talking early twenties, and it just you know though, all in your early twenties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in my twenty.
Speaker 2: Five yeah, and it is insane. But I think as a kid, I thought, you know, shoot the stars and try and achieve it. But I think the.
Speaker 1: Stars land on the moon, or land on the side of the road.
Speaker 2: Or land in a rental.
Speaker 3: But like for men.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I just think right now, like I'm very much moving towards having a kid, Like I think that there are things in my life that I'm planning and making room for. So I think that I'm on a trajectory right now in terms of a timeline that I'm really happy with. I know that by the time i'm, you know, in my mid thirties, I would like to have my first child. So it's like over the next year or two, it'd be like a planning stage and then going into that, and that timeline doesn't depend on a partner for me, So whether I'm with my partner who I'm still with, or whether I'm single, I know that that timeline is something that I'm working towards, and that's I feel really happy and really like excited about the future when it comes to children. But I also know that now it's time to kick into gear and do the next level of work. So for me, you know, my career has always been my first love, and I feel like I want to continue to put that first for now and then you know, in a year or two really start that. I don't know process of a child, but for me, I don't I'm not scared by the biological clock, you know what I mean, that's not a concern for a male. I have the privilege of being able to, you know, have kids when I want, really put it wherever you want, So you know, I don't have that pressure like a female does. So for me, there's a little bit of less stress around the timing. But I do know that it'll be in the next few years that I had my first child. But I want, you know, a couple, so I don't know, I just I think I definitely know that it'll be by by the time I'm thirty five, i'll have my kids. Because I also want to live a long life with my kids. I want to be able to be around for a long time, so you know, I don't want to have them too late because of that reason. But yeah, I think that in terms of thirties, I'm excited for what it will bring for me. I'm like, Okay, I've got another six months, mind you. I'm not thirty until May, so I'm like halfway there from twenty nine. But I'm looking forward to it. I think my thirtieth year will be the year the year of like elevation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I feel like it's some sort of like SIMS game, will like PCA game where you level up.
Speaker 2: Level up.
Speaker 1: Feel like I'm leveling up, but not leveling up where I thought I would be leveling up in different ways.
Speaker 4: But I think it's all making sense to me now because.
Speaker 3: I'm not to go with the flow kind of girl.
Speaker 2: I want to encourage you to do all the things you want to do. You know, you're talking about traveling solo, like go and do it, go to New York, Go and explore the art scene over there, do all the things that you want to do before you know, you even consider having a child, because as we know, children then become out priority and everything else sort of you know, does have to get put on the back burner for a little while.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: And I've always said when I do want to have kids, which I'm no problem, you know, I know women have.
Speaker 3: You know, time restraint and you know their bodies.
Speaker 1: But I feel like I've already spoken about freezing my eggs and you know that will happen when I can dedicate the time and like emotional capacity. Because I'm also scared needles and you have to like inject yourself, so it's quite an overwhelming experience.
Speaker 2: That's why I've never done steroids. Well like say never, never, never, kidding, but yeah, I'm really scared.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's what I mean. Yeah, injecting yourself like terrifies me. But I don't know. I don't also don't care if I was.
Speaker 1: An older mom, like yeah, in a way, because I think I would be quite a philosophical mom, like I wouldn't be a yeller or I want to train myself out of being a helicopter mom, because I'm a bit of a helicopter mom with my dog and I don't want to be like that as a mum, and so I think I need more, I know, because you just don't want them to hurt themselves, and you know, you have a duty of.
Speaker 2: Care, Like where are you going to the cinemas? Okay, I'm going to have a steak out with your dad. Am I going to watch you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like I'll be across the road in the car with the binoculars like, yeah, okay, he's there. He's a good imagine myself.
Speaker 1: But you know what, I think that the first thing is that we probably will be parents that we didn't have. And I'm not saying your parents are not beautiful and you know, you know you don't love them deeply, but I.
Speaker 2: Love them, but they absolutely weren't there for me. Yeah you know when I was young.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to be like a really I want to be a hands on mum, but like you go and explore. Because I was talking to this my friends yesterday because obvious they've just had their first and then you know, I didn't want to overstep and ask them like, oh, when's your second? But like my friend Beck was like, yeah, sometimes I just want to get over and done with because a lot of her stuff is on hold because of the maybe and so she's like, if I just get it all the way then yeah, and then I get to go back to my life quicker.
Speaker 3: Isn't that sad?
Speaker 2: But isn't that I think like that too, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, fast, fast and then yes.
Speaker 2: It's sort of like I think about that too. It's it's the decision between holding off and getting shit done now or having a baby and then getting back to it. My mentality around and bringing a child into the world is exactly that. I'm concerned that, like when do I bring the baby into the world, because even for me, I'm going to be like the mum, you know what I mean, I'm going to be the one to take time off. I'm going to be the one that has to, you know, really put in the effort. I feel so like I'm worried about that timeline as well. It's like when do you do it? Do you do it now and then you know, get it over and done with, or do you wait and then or you don't.
Speaker 1: Have to carry it for nine months? On topics like actually total ability starting like.
Speaker 2: Much. It's much more for a for a woman who's carrying a baby, of course, yeah, it's and that's.
Speaker 3: Just a crazy thing.
Speaker 1: Anyways, I feel like, you know, babies are on the cards, but I think maybe in the next decade, what is.
Speaker 2: It that you want to tick off? I know, acting? You know, you got to twenty nine and now you're doing acting.
Speaker 3: I know, isn't it.
Speaker 1: I wish I did it sooner, But I'm so glad that I'm doing it now because I've got so much more life experience to bring to the table.
Speaker 3: And I think, you know, there is.
Speaker 1: That feeling like, oh am I too old? But I'm like, look, I look like fucking eighteen.
Speaker 3: Like totally calm down, Brook, you need to chill.
Speaker 1: I do have a list and I am a mental list, and I feel like, you know, it's crazy because I have we both have achieved so much in such a short period of time. Like when you think about it, right, like I'd say, we're probably like one of very.
Speaker 3: The youngest duos in podcasts.
Speaker 1: Like there's younger people obviously, but like I feel like we're the youngest like First Nations duo in what.
Speaker 3: Do you call it?
Speaker 2: You know, we're the youngest. But we're also like one of the only first nations JeOS with a podcast on mainstream on a mainstream network.
Speaker 3: That's what probably trying to spin out, sorry, trying to spend out in my thirties.
Speaker 1: I want to learn English English? Do you want to learn another language? I am doing the US accents. I'm practicing US and British accent.
Speaker 2: Can you give me a US accent?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not, No, I'm still learning. I feel like.
Speaker 1: I've got the Yeah, I've got the idea of like Southern New York's really hard, like Brooklyn, New York, like Boston, Boston Valley Girl's easy, Like yeah.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 1: And it's weird about your mouth? And I'm learning, But that's on the list.
Speaker 3: Obviously a lot of travel solo, you.
Speaker 2: Said, climbing and hiking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you know, I want to say that I've done.
Speaker 3: Well like things. God, where's that.
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Where's Mount k Where is that? It's South America?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Africa, Africa. It's not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, like have those like things that I could say to the kids, like there's your mom that was me after.
Speaker 3: I hiked.
Speaker 2: That photo exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I want my kids to like future children or and my family to be like, oh that is so cool, Like yeah, I want to do that, you know, and and aspire for more because I feel like I've just been in.
Speaker 3: My Aussie bubble and I have you know.
Speaker 1: Been so passionate about First Nations culture and you know, pushing that forward and I think there's a huge ship. I've noticed a lot of a lot more like I just I'm seeing mob everywhere, which is amazing, Like it's just so good. Like I saw Billy Jean honestly Folly campaign and I know, I'm like that is a sleigh Like seeing that is like, oh my god, amazing. You know, but I think, you know, I have like you know, I said I was going to be my best fitness.
Speaker 3: What is that my best error?
Speaker 1: Well, I just feel good about my body at the moment, at the moment, at the moment.
Speaker 3: It could change, but it just more free is a thing. Yeah, So Raach got us a list. Okay, travel solo.
Speaker 2: Obviously I've never done it, but I want to do it.
Speaker 3: I haven't done a lot of it on my account.
Speaker 4: Like I have traveled solo for jobs, and but you're not solo with a team.
Speaker 3: Exactly yeah, but it's just it's yeah.
Speaker 2: It's not the same as just getting your bag and going somewhere to another country and getting off that plane, not knowing anyone and figuring it out you self. You know, I've never done it, but I would like.
Speaker 1: To, truly exactly. I've already ran a half marathon. So I ran the Hbar Run for a reason in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: What's a half marathon? How long?
Speaker 3: Twenty three case or twenty two case?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a lot.
Speaker 3: I can't remember. That's how long ago it was.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe I need to run at full that's before.
Speaker 2: Would you ever went one? Yeah? So would you consider doing the New York Marathon with the Indigenous Marathon Runners Project?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean I followed their journey and I love it, and yes I would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really signing up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I did sign up years and years ago, actually didn't get.
Speaker 2: In, so oh okay, I'm thinking of doing it because I was really inspired by the Cory Physio. He did it in three hours and twenty minutes, and I'm like, wow.
Speaker 3: That's amazingly Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean definitely in my running error, I've definitely been enjoying I guess where I'm living in Sydney.
Speaker 3: It's just so easy to run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the best I.
Speaker 3: Could got the Harbor Bridge there. I'm like Jesus.
Speaker 2: Stunning, totally love it. I just can't imagine doing it, like running for that long? Is it? Like how I just don't think I could do it, honestly.
Speaker 4: Well, when I did the half that was like two hours.
Speaker 3: It was quite a long time.
Speaker 4: I think if you listen to podcasts, it flies, but.
Speaker 1: It's the pain and there's something, there's a word that you It's like when you put your shoes on right, you first feel that awkwardness, but after a while you get used to it. Yeah, that's I guess that's a similar pain to when you're running. You can you immediately feel a pain, but then you get so used to it because you're like motoring, and then it's just more of a mental battle than it really is physically.
Speaker 3: I mean, depends on your.
Speaker 4: State and what you're in totally.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I think you feel the pain, but you learn to go through it or pass it. You just and I think podcasts and voices, you know, there's a distraction of what's going on, and if you can get into a rhythm and a motor. That's how I feel what I'm running. If I'm going a long distance, it's just getting into a rhythm and not like putting pressure on a time thing. Yes, I want to get a fast time, but personally me, like as a little person, I can't make the ground as what other people can unless I'm like an elite leadist runner like.
Speaker 3: But it's the rhythm.
Speaker 2: Skinny dipping, Yeah, skinny dipping. Have you done it?
Speaker 3: I actually have and it was quite liberating.
Speaker 2: Okay, when did you do it?
Speaker 3: I went?
Speaker 1: I was in an hour south of Melbourne, Okay, and I was with Courtney, Sam and Jake and cat like.
Speaker 2: It was just a ca said Jake. It's a real bogun.
Speaker 3: I's gonna say, Jack you like.
Speaker 2: I was with Courtney, Sam mcginner, Jake.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I told you I'm in my thirties and I went proper English Yeah no no, but they got this like video of me, so we went, I went skinny dip and they captured this photo of me, and I've got it for life because it's like, I don't know, it.
Speaker 3: Just feels like I'm really free, like I've got my hands up.
Speaker 4: I'm just like naked TV's out.
Speaker 3: It's just my back.
Speaker 1: You can just see like my mom, I'm like, that's I'm not going to show that to my kids, but.
Speaker 2: I'll be like, no, you should look at me and my heyday, Yeah, look at mom. She was hot.
Speaker 3: She was a slay. Mommy can't say that too old.
Speaker 2: It's like so I was saying, like when old people say that's groovy, we'll be going that's a slay and I'll be going that's really old. You can't use that word.
Speaker 3: Now I can bring back groovy.
Speaker 2: Groovyvy groovy. Yeah, baby, all right. I learned to speak another language. I want to do this. I want to learn Spanish, you know juwel lingo is Colombian man like, yeah, but ain't nobody want to like get your partner to teach you, you know, like, oh yeah, fight. I wouldn't say it right and he'd be impatient and he'd probably get up and walk out and it just it would work and end of the relationship. I'm sure I'd be like, well, can you teach me how to break up with you? In Spanish? Learned how to read a wine list? Noah, I don't care about that. What do you think? Oh? I already know how to do that, do you what's a tipper?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Do you need like specifics of wine?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, like when you look at you would understand what region they're from and.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, that's okay. That depth well, I no, I don't know that.
Speaker 2: It's a deep red with a bit of grape.
Speaker 1: I know the spectrum of like of a wine, like where they would sit, I guess, and like different blends.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm not an expert for sure, but like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like I spend.
Speaker 1: Enough time at wineries to understand, you know a little bit about wine.
Speaker 3: Health insurance. How do you not have private health insurance?
Speaker 2: Well, they say that you should get it when you're thirty. That's the thing. It's like, because things start to break down. Not in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: I've been paying private health insurance since I was in my fucking twenties because I was playing footy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I broke my collar bone.
Speaker 1: Do you think I want to fork out a nine hundred and fifty dollars bill for an ambulance and that?
Speaker 3: Honey?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Now, Now what about taking a grown up weekend away with friends? I feel like you do that I do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I felt so grown up when it was just me and my two friends and their baby. Like I was like, oh, this is a real grown up like lunch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my god, we're.
Speaker 4: Just catching up.
Speaker 2: I feel like that when I'm catching out with my mum friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like such a grown up. I mean, I want to do more trips together where we can just like drink.
Speaker 3: Oak barrel drink.
Speaker 1: Why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna be real bank you then no, we we drink wine.
Speaker 2: No, I'm doing the opposite. I'm really trying to continue the sober thing. I really want to do it, like it's in my heart. So I'm like, okay, twenty twenty five sober, sober, so sober so yeah that's huge. Yeah yeah, so that's like a big thing for me and my partner too. We're really like it's just a better life. Like I remember when I was one hundred and ten days sober and I just thought to myself, Oh, I'm so clear in my head. The clarity is amazing. I never felt that before. So yeah, I love that for you.
Speaker 1: I think I'm just keeping it to the weekends and not putting so much like like I put so much pressure on myself to it totally yes, and I feel like I'm enjoying it.
Speaker 2: Fuck it, I think that you have a measure, and I do dumb shit when I drink. Like I'm not the kind that is like let's have two SIPs of alcohol and talk really nice. It's like, let's have two SIPs of alcohol, Let's go to a party, let's not get home until five am. You know, it's just not it's not a positive impact on my life.
Speaker 3: I just go down so fucking bad. My friends tell me that I'm well, there's a joke, so they're drunk, not drunk.
Speaker 1: No, my friend tell me that I'm so much better because I get funnier and I get extroverted. And I'm like, oh, well, okay, well that's not good because maybe I just need to be drunk this whole time this film. Can I tell you, Okay, highs and lows of twenties, let's go into that just quickly.
Speaker 3: I have to tell you a story.
Speaker 1: And it's really crazy moment and I think this will troject me into my thirties, which is insane to think about me as a little person and this is happening. Ever, in my fucking life. So I went to the basketball on Saturday night. Danny Minogg is a huge basketball advocate. She has a box and her son's a great like He loves basketball so much, collects her cards and gets the signatures, et cetera. Anyways, Nick, who's a CEO of Melbourne United, told Danny because Danny knows who the fuck I am, which is so weird, Like comes up to me, says hello, like, talks to me as if like oh, and remembers when I've last seen her Like that is just mind blowing to my little self being like, yes, the minogue, the minogue of my childhood kylie En Danny. Obviously, it's like she knows who the fuck I am.
Speaker 3: It's weird.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Nick, one of my good friends, works for Zeero. He told Danny that I was filming a feature film in Sydney. Ye must have given her a little rundown of it. Yeah, she comes up to me, she blines for me. She grabs my hands, holding two hands and looks me deep in my eyes and says, you're gonna absolute kill it, honey. Gives me the biggest fucking hype talk you can ever imagine. Ori which is Denzel Baker Boy's partner, is standing there like watching and just being like, God, I'm not even fucking filming a feature film when I feel like I can do it.
Speaker 3: After Denny's chat, like she gave me.
Speaker 1: The biggest hype that I've ever had in my life and was so genuine and authentic and deep, and I was like awkward because I was like.
Speaker 3: I don't know if this is real.
Speaker 1: Like I was like spinning out, and she was like, you can absolutely fucking do it. You're going to smash it. She's swearing at me, Danny's swearing at me, saying you can fucking do this. And she's like, she goes, when you've got the nerves, you say, Danny's got this, So when you go out on that camera and you do your thing, I've got your nerves, babe. She's like, I've got your nerves. Danny's holding your nerves and you just go out and you just show up and you just do your fucking thing.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: And she's like, you're going to go to America. I'm like, does she even know that I have plans?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Who told her this?
Speaker 1: Because I haven't told anyone barely anyone she's like, no, you're gonna go to America, like you're going.
Speaker 4: To do it, and can we get her on here, get her on the pot her like.
Speaker 2: Because this moment needs to be spoken about, and also I want a pep talk fucking this about me.
Speaker 4: Or looked at me and she goes, however, fuck did that just happen?
Speaker 1: Like it was insane, Like she's like, you've absolutely and got this look me deep in my eyes like I could not like if I looked anywhere.
Speaker 3: She was like, pulls me back.
Speaker 1: She's like, no, she needed to tell me this, and I just felt like so anyways, I'm fucking that is like the biggest confident booster, like to go into your thirties with like Danny Minogue fucking giving you the biggest hype too all your life.
Speaker 3: Love you, Danny, You're my girl. I would die for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah I love that.
Speaker 1: Okay, but yeah, but okay, so wrap this up. Highs and lows of your twenties.
Speaker 2: I know what my lower is. My lowe is losing my brother one hundred percent. I never thought that would happen in my twenties. And my high, my high, my high is just being able to do what I love and being able to create this career for myself. That was always my dream. You know. I wake up every day and I get to do what I love. That for me is a high. I think. No one tells me what to do. I do what I love, and I fucking love that.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. You build that in your twenties.
Speaker 1: I built that, Yeah, I agree, I fucking agree. Similar actually twenties building myself up to be the strongest resilient version of myself.
Speaker 3: That doesn't obviously I'm very sensitive.
Speaker 1: But I feel like partly impenetrable, like as in like things could happen and I would be like, Okay, let's just roll with it, you know. And I feel like I did that in my twenties because of all this shit that happened, like and the lows that happened.
Speaker 3: So my highest version of myself.
Speaker 1: Is because of all the lowest versions of you know, in my twenties, and I feel like, you know, taking a chance. I think one of the biggest moments was taking a chance and doing national television when I was twenty three years old, a fucking baby, and here I am like developed my career runing fucking three books. You know, self sufficient financially physically. I just think like, yeah, I'm my lowest obviously was losing not just my sister as well.
Speaker 3: But I think.
Speaker 1: Like all the dull moments, all the breakups, all the shitty things that happened, or the comments or the controversing online, all the people that sort of did things and uh, you know, impacted me negatively, I'm like, thank you, like fucking thank you. Because I look at those moments, I'm like, I'm so fucking glad I got through that in my thirties. I'm like, I'll look back at them and be like fuck that. Yeah, And I know what I'm not repeating And I know and I think that's the best thing about like your next hour of your life is you don't repeat the same ship.
Speaker 2: Well you know what your shirt says it all. Do you like My shirt says it all and it says dump him. Yeah, the listeners.
Speaker 3: It's my advice to myself.
Speaker 2: I love that all that. I feel like that is a great place to wrap up. Yeah, awesome, twenty nine years, it's been for you.
Speaker 1: And loads, but you know he's the next twenty nine years to be fair with you, Let's do it. Yeah, you know what my high is becoming friends with you and building a business and a life together.
Speaker 2: Oh that's beautiful. I love that too, Okay, I take my back.
Speaker 3: Okay, and building a community.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for listening guys today, and I hope you know wherever you are at life, I feel like there's no pressure to be a certain to be at a certain place, you know, just like fucking roll with it and just totally and just go for it.
Speaker 3: I think go for it is the thing that I would just just do it.
Speaker 2: Yes, And you know what another high is that we're up for Best Indigenous Podcast this week. Fuck yes, So you guys have to go to the podcast towards.
Speaker 3: Give us your biggest support and you know, leave a little review and remaining because we love sharing that as well, like we take that so much on like as in, we love it so thank you.
Speaker 1: If you want us to cover anything on the future episodes, let us know. My socials at Brooked Up Blet and Maddie's is at It's Maddie Mills.
Speaker 2: And we love you mob. We'll see soon.
Speaker 3: Bye bye