Speaker 1: Now, you guys know, I'm terrible at keeping secrets.
Speaker 2: Would you agree, yes, she does what I think about love and I have no poker face.
Speaker 1: Would you also agree yes, yeah, most of the time.
Speaker 2: So I just said I've been keeping a little secret, and that was I told you guys.
Speaker 1: Last week it was my fiancee, Paul's.
Speaker 2: Birthday, and on Friday I'd planned him a little surprise party and he for you it looked great. It was so fun. And he's not from Melbourne, right, Paul grew up in Brisbane, And as you would know, Jace, anyone who's lived somewhere other than where they were born or where they'd spent most of their life, it's really hard when you moved to a new city. You don't have your family, don't have your best friends. And Paul has integrated so beautifully into our family in Melbourne and into our friendship group and our extended family. But I flew a bunch. We had a bunch of his friends come down from Brisbane to surprise him, and he knew or Friday we were going for lunch with six of us, and he just kept saying to me for weeks and weeks they better not be more than six people.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do anything, but I'd already locked it in.
Speaker 3: How many people at lunch for night? Oh?
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, what did it start at?
Speaker 2: It started at six, then eight, then ten, then twelve, then yeah, so on upwards and everyone. I thought it was one of those things. It was sort of last minute, and I was expecting people to be like, nah, too hard on a Friday.
Speaker 3: What was his reaction?
Speaker 2: Because I mean I saw a shot and his smile, Oh my god, it's so big.
Speaker 1: There were tears. It was just so good.
Speaker 2: I've never planned a surprise party before either, so I was so nervous.
Speaker 3: It taught me through like walking him into.
Speaker 2: Before that We're at home, and so the six people he thought were having lunch with he knew it was a surprise location were there.
Speaker 1: And then I was getting text from people being like I'm stuck on Punt.
Speaker 2: Road and I'm like, oh yeah, And so we're sitting there and Paul's a planner, right, he's too time, like everything is timed where I'm a bit more fluid.
Speaker 1: You surprised other?
Speaker 3: Would he say fun?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: To disorganized running to your own beat? Yeah, I wouldn't say fluid.
Speaker 2: So I was like, he's going, Okay, come off the cars here, let's go.
Speaker 1: And I was like, you know what, I think we should have a hydra light. Why don't we.
Speaker 2: All hid because I was trying to like I was trying to stall because people were like, we're stuck on punt Royd and you don't want to walk in at the same time, so I'm like dishing out.
Speaker 1: He's like, I don't want to hyd light. I was like, could be a big day, Let's have a hydra light.
Speaker 3: He's not off to play sport.
Speaker 1: He's like, what's wrong with you? Anyway, we got in the car, we did the big surprise tears. It was so good.
Speaker 2: If you can ever organize a surprise party for someone, I highly recommend it. We did.
Speaker 1: He say something along the lines of Lauren, what.
Speaker 3: Have you done? Before the curtain was pulled back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a video he heard because we went downstairs to where this restaurant was. We had like a private room and the staff were all in on it because there were signs saying there was wine tasting.
Speaker 1: Are you here for the wine tasting? Yeah, just through the.
Speaker 2: Curtain, and he in the video goes Lauren what have you done? And I was like, I honestly thought he was going to be so angry.
Speaker 3: Do you reckon? He had any.
Speaker 1: Nah anywhayh show you the video of his face. He had no idea.
Speaker 3: Now the hyde you light help finish?
Speaker 2: I was I was asleep by one thirty am.
Speaker 3: That's good. That's not bad, that's pretty good. Did you have everyone back to the house.
Speaker 1: No, we went to another place.
Speaker 2: A few people ended up back at our house, and then eleven o'clock people were at our house. And then at one thirty I was like, choo, and then I think people trickled off after that, Choo, I'm going to bed.
Speaker 1: I didn't actually say child smoke bomb went straight to bed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the way to do it.
Speaker 1: I locked the door poorly, still gone now no, no, no, no. What was lunch? So it was a long I love a long lunch.
Speaker 3: Did you a speech?
Speaker 2: I did a speech. Got a bit of moosh, he got a bit of motion. That's not everyone got a bit of emotion. And then if you know our friends, I was like, does anyone else want to say anything?
Speaker 1: One up, the next one, the next up.
Speaker 3: It's not open. Everyone rockested.
Speaker 2: I know it was opened up kees anyways, someone who's never planned a thing in her life.
Speaker 1: I am hanging up my pants party planning boots for the rest of the tourney.
Speaker 2: Pants cheese, did Escalator hang up my part pants anyway?
Speaker 1: Don't hang out my party planning boats.
Speaker 3: Eleven o'clock, I've got no pants on. I'm off the bed.
Speaker 1: And Lauren Lauren wake up feeling good following them. I'm on the socials.