Speaker 1: From the Skyinging Center. This is Paul Murray Live. Hello and welcome to the show. I'm Danikiti Giorgio. It's great to be filling in on the show this evening. Now, look, I've got to admit since I was here last he was only a couple of weeks ago, you might remember I haven't smoked a cigar yet. But I really am doing my very best to fill in here, So it's certainly very good to be back. Coming up this evening a huge show. Albo lives up to his nickname as the Accidental Prime Minister as he finally decides to visit Melbourne's Adas Synagogue. The RBA plays Christmas greench as rates remain on hold, but it's not all their fault, and we will go live to Nigel Faraj in the UK as his Reform Party is set to make a big announcement, But first to Albo. Dear, oh dear, who today, four days of course after the fact, decided to pop on a Jewish skull cap and make his long awaited belated appearance at the scene of the synagogue terror attack. Four days too late. He just he doesn't get it. He doesn't get it, does he it's as if you know, he was handed the keys to the lodge, but he still hasn't quite figured out yet how to open the door. The accidental Prime Minister, Now, how does this sit with you at home? Anthony Aarberzi was on Saturday showing off his skills at the Cottaslow Tennis Club in Perth, Theories donning his white uniform, and later was whining and dining labor donors at a fundraising event, all the while a synagogue was burnt in a terror attack in Melbourne. Keyword there terror. So this is a prime Minister who will forever be known as the leader who played tennis dazzled donors as a terror attack unfolded on home. Soil let that sink in and just remember the attack happened the day prior. So this was all on the Prime Minister. It was his call to carry on with his weekend. That was the priority of the leader of this country. As the Jewish community in Melbourne and in Australia say that they are not safe in the country, he leads, I've.
Speaker 2: Heard from many, many people within the Jewish community that quite frankly, don't go into the CBD on a Sunday, or if they do, they will take this skull cap off, they will deidentify as Jews, for fear that if they wear this in the central business district they are at risk of being a target.
Speaker 1: So today, four days after that fire bombing, Albo decided to rock up, finally going and visiting the Adas Synagogue only after days of pressure and of course doing his best, if I may say so, to appear extremely all quit.
Speaker 3: I went to my first bar mitzvah on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Great, great terrific. Was that before or was that after the Tennis prime minister? Now you can see by the vision outside the synagogue today it was certainly tense. I mean, this is a community that is rightly angry. And after inspecting the rubble and quickly posing for a photo inside there it is, Albo emerged wearing a kipper on his head, the Jewish skull cap and said.
Speaker 3: This, this arson attack is an act of terrorism that was fueled by anti Semitism, and it was stoked by hatred. Where a country that needs to come together in unite on behalf of my government that I lead into doing what.
Speaker 4: We need to do to restore.
Speaker 3: Synagogue, including providing whatever support is necessary financially and then that was it.
Speaker 1: That was it. He refused to even take questions and was quickly whisked away, very quickly, no accountability. And you see the problem here is we've heard these comments over and over. Yes he's condemned it, yes he's called it anti Semitism, but what has he actually done since October seven last year to stamp out anti Semitism? Nothing from the steps of the Sydney Opera House to preachers celebrating the slaughter of twelve hundred dues week in week out, the intimidating pro Palestine rallies. Even last week there was one held in front of a synagogue. We've got Hesbula flags being waved in the streets and where was Elbow, Oh? Nowhere. The accidental Prime Minister gives his usual we condemn this speech and then let's say it, wipes hands, walks away, whisked away done. You see, Labour's moral clarity has snapped, driven by nothing more than Muslim votes in Southwest Sydney seats. And the problem for Albow now is his words are worthless, they don't mean anything because his priorities are skewed. On Friday, hours after the attack, he was donning the high viz making a manufacturing announcement in Perth on Saturday. He was, of course, pretending to be Leyton Hewitt. He then emerged on Sunday where he rocked up at the opening of a train line in Perth of all things. And yesterday he was all smiles in Canberra with the President of Nauru. Albo was everywhere except for in Melbourne, where he needed to be. And the thing is, we have seen this narrative play out before. You recall after the Bondai stabbings in April and after an alleged terror attack on a Sydney bishop in the days after. It was certainly a very unnerving few days in this country when we really needed leadership the most. And where was Albow While he was in Canberra, he was in Melbourne. He even went up to Gladstone in Queensland, enjoying practically a tour of the country in other states except for remaining in the state that needed him his home state or how about the crime crisis in Alice Springs. He was of course dragged there kicking and screaming after precious from leaders. So he made a five four visit, then flew out to Melbourne for the tennis because that's where his priorities were. He wiped his hands once again and moved on. Albo is either never there or is never aware.
Speaker 3: Because I had commitments in Perth. Be very clear. This happened very early Friday morning. We've had these meetings today. You can only be in the room here in Canberra getting national security briefings if you stick to the National Security Committee. I had the appointments in Perth. I'll be service there for three days. That was long arranged.
Speaker 1: And where have we heard similar excuses when he's not there or not aware.
Speaker 3: I've been traveling in the car, so I haven't been advised about that.
Speaker 5: Have you ever.
Speaker 6: Contact with jan and dashed up following those strikes overnight?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: Hope.
Speaker 3: Well I've been here in Melbourne, so.
Speaker 8: No, I have not.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's been everywhere and nowhere. And as I said, this is the accidental Prime minister who has no idea how to lead because this is a national crisis of Labour's own making and our both silence, his weakness, his vanishing act when we need him the most is worse than I don't hold a hose now just quickly, I just want to mention that I specifically asked for one very small, minor change to the man cave tonight, and that is right behind me here on my left moving the Australian flag behind me. Now, don't worry, Paul Murray, if you're watching at home, I'll put it back in its original place for when you return. But look, I just wanted to give you at home a bit of a visual as to what press conferences will look like under Peter Dutton next year should he be elected. Here it is he has pledged to stand in front of this flag here, one flag, one flag, only our flag, the Australian flag, not three flags, but the one. And here he was speaking to Peter Kredline.
Speaker 9: We are a country united under one flag. And if we're asking people to identify with different flags, now where the country does that, and we are dividing our country unnecessarily.
Speaker 1: That we are good on him. It is called the Trump effect, pushing back against the woke and the virtue singing, because we should be proud of this. We should be so proud of our Australian flag. And next step, in my view, get rid of the welcome to country. All right, let's get into the conversation now, joining me as Liberal Senator Holly Hughes and Lisa Godard from a dony media up in Brisbane. I could hear you you were seething just then the Holy I could tell that that what we just laid well of the Prime minister. I could tell you were getting angry.
Speaker 10: He is just appalling.
Speaker 11: And you know, I think, as we all go through every day to day and you get caught up with all different parts of your life and I'm in politics, some of it you kind of forget, you know, you don't remember everything.
Speaker 12: And you're right, everything he says is worse than I don't hold a hose.
Speaker 11: That was one comment Scott Morrison made, and yet it's still being trotted out.
Speaker 10: This is a.
Speaker 11: Guy who has consistently let our nation down, who has absolutely no idea when he needs to be seen as offering strong leadership to the country. And I was listening to you though, talk about his weakness. I'm actually starting to think it might be more his arrogance because prime ministers have very big staffs. We know labor parties need to have very big staffs. They always have much bigger staffs than when liberal coalition governments are in Where is someone grabbing him and saying, get back on your favorite part of this job, the VIP and get yourself to Melbourne, get yourself back to Sydney. After the stabbings in Bondi Junctional when the bishop was attacked. He's obviously so arrogant because there must be and I'm giving people in labor the benefit of the doubt here, there must be someone in there saying this is a terror attack on home soil. The fact that he was just saying, I can only get briefed in this particular roming camera.
Speaker 1: I mean, Sach, do you remember when.
Speaker 11: September eleven happened and they came in and they spoke to George Bush while he was reading a story.
Speaker 1: I mean, God.
Speaker 11: Forbid anything happened like that to us, because if you know, Albow.
Speaker 10: Wasn't right near the National Security room.
Speaker 12: Will therefore no one could have.
Speaker 1: A gone sad have some self awareness. Okay, fine, he's got a huge team. Okay, I know. I think he's got a team of ten to twelve. That would be his media, that would be his meeting. That's just the media, the media team. But beyond that, have some self awareness, Go okay, is this a good look? Me donning my white and going and practicing my backhand in the middle of a terrorist incident in this country? And have a look, I want to play this to both of you. This was some of the people outside the synagogue today. Have a listen to what they said to Albo. We'll do stayed for ten back the prime mins. Theecond name calls fancy, but what are you doing for us? Lisa? As you could hear there, they were not giving him a good reception, and rightly so, because what has he done since October seven last year to help the Jewish community.
Speaker 13: Well yeah, they've absolutely been looking to him for leadership and they've had none. This has been allowed to happen because he hasn't taken a strong stand since October last year. So this is what we're now dealing with in this country. And look, I agree with Holly. He should have had the moral compass and the leadership to say, Okay, I need to get I need to go to Melbourne. I need to be there and I need to talk to the Jewish people, not stay in Perth. And I don't know what his advisors were doing. I do media for a living. I advise when you're in a crisis communications situation and you have to think about what is the risk of not going out there and saying something.
Speaker 1: He should have been in Melbourne.
Speaker 13: He should not have had to be called out by Peter Darton to say that this is a terrorist attack. He should have had the people around him and he should have had the sense to say I'm going there and I'm going to do what I did today, and maybe he wouldn't have copped the vitriol.
Speaker 1: That he did, and rightly so look absolutely, And the other thing is, Holly, he's got a private jet.
Speaker 11: No, it's not like he's got to ring up quantity. We know he can do that. I get a person And again he's not sitting on the line to webject is there a commercial flight getting me back to Melbourne from Perth.
Speaker 12: I mean, it's his favorite part of the job. He was Airbus Elbow for a reason. He loves that jet, loves it.
Speaker 1: He loves that jet. But the get on that jet and get back home and.
Speaker 11: You know it's sitting there waiting, ready to go. It's ready at any point in time. And the fact that he is so tone death is so incapable of reading the mood of the country. And as we've acknowledged, this isn't the first incident. There's been many incidents. Whether it was the October ninth on the Opera House, whether it was the Bono Junction stabbings, whether it was the Bishop Murray attack. There have been a series of incidents that he has done nothing with. Like, as Lisa said, maybe she should put a pitch in, Lise, maybe they'll give you a go bit of crisis.
Speaker 10: Management for the tag he might need from.
Speaker 11: You, because they've had a few trial runs and they're just not getting it right, just not responding. So you know, I don't know what's the woman that used to be at the Guardian Murpherou.
Speaker 1: Maybe what's she doing? What what does she do?
Speaker 11: I saw Murferoe swaning around it. We actually had a parliamentary sports day. You want to talk about tennis injuries, You should see the brew is still on my leg from a full fledged going for the ball there you go, full athletic, a full ally athlete. But you know, we were raising money for the Combat Welfare job Gibbons Sons, the charity there and you know, but there's murferrou walking around a rugby field. But at what point was she going to say to him, Actually, maybe tennis is in a good least forget yourself to melody.
Speaker 1: And he's done the wine. But he was fully prepared for his test, and she had the suit, the whole white suit suit going at least no, no, sorry sorry interupt Yeah, what were you saying?
Speaker 13: Well, I was going to say, but do not even stop and actually address the questions that were thrown at him. He didn't even try to take control of that situation. So he left that looking very weak. And if you read I was fine with these stories. It's always interesting to look at the comments, and one of them was I'm embarrassed to be a labor voter. So if you have people within the Labor party saying, well, this is a disgrace and you have let us down and you are not showing any strength as a leader, then you have a big problem.
Speaker 1: I agree. And least. The other thing is is that you know, he says that Jewish people have a right to feel safe. The reality is is the Friday's attack actually proves why Jewish people are not safe right now in this country. When we saw there, there was a representative of one of the Jewish associations. He says that they're taking off that the kipper, they're taking off the Jewish skull cap when they're out in public because they are so scared that they're going to be set upon. And for the Prime Minister just seemingly sworn in and sworn out, what message is that sending them?
Speaker 13: Yeah, look, it just didn't look sincere from a purely media optics And I know there's more to play than this and just how it's looking to the public, but from an optics perspective, it looked shockingly bad for the Prime minister. It was a dereliction of what we expect from him. He should have been showing leadership. He should have stopped, he should have addressed the questions and to go back to the main point, he should have been there three days four days ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, Well, look let's move on now, because the other thing I brought up in my editorial is, of course this right here, this beautiful flag, Dutton's decision to only stand in front of the Australian flag. But I've got to play you this is Labour's reaction today, No surprises, he was Amanda Rishworth. I think this.
Speaker 5: Says Peter Dunn, just doing what he knows how to do best, try and get a headline with no substance, no real policies about, for example, tackling cost of living or things that really mattered.
Speaker 1: To the Australian people. Holly, Remember, I've got to say when sixty percent of us voted no to olpoth division or is that quick? That's the escape the memory of the Labor Party.
Speaker 11: Already look and not to return to the previous topic. But you know, stoking division. We saw ed husic today and I'm surprised that Immanists didn't say it when they can't say anti Semitism without also bringing in Islamophobia. And we are one nation, we are one people, and sixty percent of us did say no to the voice of division.
Speaker 12: And it is our flag.
Speaker 11: There is no other country in the world where you go and they have a series of different flags. And it's quite interesting to meet with people and foreign groups that come particularly through the Parliament, and you meet with them, they don't actually even always know what the additional flags are because they have got their national flag and the Australian flag on the bin they don't actually know what the others are, so it's really diluting of what our national identity is.
Speaker 12: It is our flag.
Speaker 11: If people don't like it, well they can do something about changing it. It's not like the Aboriginal flags being the flag for the past, you know, three thousand years.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 12: These are recent sort of adaptations of a design. But that is our flag.
Speaker 11: It is one nation under the flag, and we should be proud of our flag.
Speaker 12: I certainly am.
Speaker 11: And you know where I live in an apartment quite high in a building. I love to fly, particularly around Australia.
Speaker 3: Day.
Speaker 1: Good on you and you all do the same thing.
Speaker 10: Well, I was a bit upset.
Speaker 11: I got a phone call from our building that I had to take it down a couple of days. Alfter, no, they let me keep it up for a few days. But then they were like, okay, come on, you got to take it down now.
Speaker 1: See I didn't agree with that. You should be able to fly our national flag. You know, the first give this is hanging over the glass. It's not like it's not a flag. I mean the first time at least, I've got to say that I particularly noticed this was it was only a couple of weeks ago when the King and the Queen were here in Australia, and you recall the King made and addressed to Parliament and the only thing that I noticed was where he was standing. All you could see was the Aboriginal flag behind him. Even though he was here in Australia. You couldn't even see the Australian flag in the shot. It was just the Aboriginal fag And that really struck me. I thought, well, this is just not making sense, but is done and right on this? What's your thoughts?
Speaker 13: Yeah, look, I agree, I have to you pay respect for the Indigenous flag and the Torrestra Islander flag sure has its place, but not when you're representing the country as a whole. And I agree with Holly and I agree with you there should be one flag which says we're all Australian. Because if you want to try and break down this division that we have sort of cracking through this country, you have to bring every bike back, everybody back into being Australian first. And I think about we have a problem at the moment where we can't get people joining up to the military and the numbers that we need now they're fighting under the Australian flag. They don't have a bevy of flags behind them. They're fighting under the Australian flag. So we need to build people to be proud of this country again and to be one and I think that is an important step towards it. Interestingly, David Chris A. Fuley when he became premier here in Queensland, the very first press conference that we saw in what we call the Tower of Power, there was huge, a bit of dust and turn all kicked around because he had one flag behind him, the Australian flag.
Speaker 1: There you go and there you go holy and then you know the other thing is and I mentioned this in the editorial as well. It's the same thing with the Welcome to country at the moment because we tread very lightly, and we shouldn't have to tread lightly, but there's always this fear of we're going to offend somebody. You know, if the Aboriginal flag's not there, that's upsetting. If we don't do a welcome to country before an event or before anything, that's going to upset somebody. But at what point do we push back? I mean, we want to start pushing back and saying.
Speaker 11: No, maybe I'm not so worried about being offensive because I.
Speaker 1: Don't think any I mean, if you're filming on Sky News, you're not too cons Because Lydia Thorpe and I had a bit of a stoush one night in the Senate because in the middle of one of her speeches she started doing another sort of acknowledgment of country and I made a comment to a fellow senator.
Speaker 11: You know, oh god, how many times are we going to do this today? And you know, she told me she felt unsafe in her workplace and it was racism. And it led to quite the to and fro. But you know it is it's becoming ridiculous, it's becoming pointless. It's becoming one of those things that are just token istic, and it's losing any value.
Speaker 12: And again, this is not a tradition. This is not.
Speaker 11: Something that goes back thousands of years. This was started by Ernie Dingo in like the seventies.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 11: This is the most insane thing behind it. You know, not only the cost, it's the absolute ridiculous nature that it's every time someone turns around, you get welcome to your own country. I was on flights today. I don't even listen anymore. I must be virgin, don't do it.
Speaker 1: No, people have said that quantas have sort of stopped doing it recently.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I must say I didn't take any notice today, but I did notice on this on all their posters getting onto the plane.
Speaker 12: Not a mention of Christmas. Lots of happy holidays.
Speaker 1: Yes, see again seasons. It's an offensive. We've got to be very careful. We've got to trade around people.
Speaker 12: We talk about the silent majority.
Speaker 11: Yeah, my message is if you're part of the silent majority, it's time to stop being silent.
Speaker 1: I because if the.
Speaker 11: Majority don't start standing up, it is these loonies on the left who will keep pushing this war agenda down our throats, and there's faux outrage every time something's not done right. You know, the silent majority won't be the majority for much longer if they keep staying well.
Speaker 1: It's a Trump effect, hopefully, Lisa, because we saw this happen in the US where Americans said, no, we're sick of the woke, we're sick of the virtue signaling. They voted Donald Trump in. I mean, he's already plans to, you know, make so many different changes when it comes to this. But even in your home state up there in Queensland, recently there was an indigenous group who said, no enough, we're not doing the Welcome to country anymore because it's just gone absolutely beyond a joke, Lisa, But.
Speaker 13: It's exactly what Holly said. So the elder's up near Townsville said, it's basically lost its value. It's happening too much. It's basically grown what we would consider a cottage industry. So you look back, not a few months ago we had the figures what local councils were spending on these welcome to countries ceremony, little welcomed country speeches that weres we made to sit through. What I find interesting too from a corporate perspective, do you know how many conversations I had in boardrooms or with comm's teams and executives about how many times we have to say a welcome to country?
Speaker 1: Who has said it?
Speaker 13: Will that be enough to take us through the duration of the event, or do I have to say it now? Can I do it abbreviated one? And then who do we get to do it? It's a conversation that's being held in boardrooms around this country every day at Ausium.
Speaker 1: It certainly is. I mean there was only that one that went for nine minutes recently. I think it was in Melbourne nine minutes. Again, it's just getting silly. Now. Look, let's talk interest rates. The RBA played the role of Christpas Grench today keeping those rates on hold at four point three five percent. Here's what Michelle Bullock said was the board's reasoning.
Speaker 14: The Board judges that monetary policy remains restrictive and is working as anticipated. We discussed today that perhaps some of those as upside risks to inflation appear to have eased, but they haven't gone away. The Board still assesses that the level of aggregate demand is above the economy's supply capacity, even though that gap is closing.
Speaker 1: And it will come as no surprise to you at home that Jim Chalmers played it off as reasons for us to be thankful for his economic management.
Speaker 6: I note in the Reserve Bank statement that they talk about how inflation has fallen substantially and that the Board is gaining some confidence that inflationary pressures are declining. This has been our focus as a government, what we've been able to do in the face of significant cost of living pressures and global economic uncertainty. Is to keep the economy growing, see inflation, come off very substantially, get real wages growing again, create more than a million new jobs.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you, doctor Chalmers, thank you, thank you so much. There holy not that you know our power bills. I've gone in the other direction. The cost of living crisis is going up. But no, doctor Chalmers, thank you so much. Should be fair to Jim.
Speaker 12: I think he looked as shocked as anybody there.
Speaker 11: I don't think he actually was really believing what he was reading out that someone's written for him. But I mean, I think the question for everyone at home and everyone when they are speaking to people about what they want to do in the upcoming election is are you better off than you were two and a half years ago. And I can't think of an Australian who is going to say, yeah, everything's awesome. I love paying my mortgage or my rent every month and going to the grocery store, well that's just a happy experience.
Speaker 1: Everyone putting petrol in the car, keeping the lights on.
Speaker 11: This has all become increasingly harder. And when you think of we were coming out of a global pandemic and life was so much better than it is now. It's taken an extraordinary talent to manage to stuff this up. But I think what today's figures show us. I think the RBA Michelle Bullock's statement, I think we can all go to Christmas being reasonably comfort evident that we will have an election called before Parliament resumes in the first week of February. I do not think the Prime Minister is going to go back. He's going to be holding on that first week of February meeting of the RBA, is going to deliver a rate cut and he's going to be able to do it coming into an election, and I think I think that's what today was probably the most insightful thing.
Speaker 1: All right, well let me ask you this then, Lisa, just on, just to go on Holly's point, there will a rate cut save Anthony Albanezi.
Speaker 13: No, I don't think it will, and I can tell you why. So A lot of work that I do is salvation army. So I've got shorts on now because this morning I was in a very hot warehouse helping pack toy hampers for children. Now they say to me, they've never seen it worse, and it's not just the people you would normally see going to the salvation army. It's people who they say are the working poor, who are now the working homeless. We're talking about nurses, we're talking about teachers who are living with children in cars. And what really disturbed me was someone who does financial counseling said, now, and couldn't believe you were saying it, but if you have a car, you're considered to have secure accommodation. How frightening is that. So you've got the sway of people across this country who can't afford their rent, who are struggling in are behind your mortgage payments, a sixty percent increase in prices if you go to the grocery store or are trying to buy anything. And at the other end, you have people who are actually out there working, keeping the society moving, and they're living in cars or living intents. They're not going to look at any of this word sellar today from the treasurer or the Prime Minister or the RBA. All they know is that tonight maybe they're not eating so that their children.
Speaker 1: Can meet well, said spot On. And this is the frightening part. I even saw the other day that homelessness is once again on the rise in this country. So well done, Labor, good, good work. All right, before I let you both go, your winner and loser of the year, Holly.
Speaker 11: So it's a toss up between Trump and the IDF when you've looked at what they've done, and particularly what they did in Lebanon and those targeted strikes.
Speaker 12: I think the IDF are up there for a big winner.
Speaker 11: On what they managed to achieve, and I think what will continue to see them achieved.
Speaker 12: But of course I think Trump.
Speaker 11: Is going to be seen to really be the big winner of twenty twenty four. I mean, really, how can it not be Albo being the twenty twenty four closely followed by Kamala.
Speaker 1: Oh, the two icons there, and then can I like a Vegan in third? Oh, we can like her so much?
Speaker 12: Just any chance?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good, that's a good top three. I can't quite like that, Lisa, over to you, you're winner and loser of the year.
Speaker 13: Well, saying Albanezi would be an easy one, so I'll put that to one side. Look, I think the loser of the year are the Jewish people, espeticularly here in Australia. After what they've had to enduring and is still enduring. Winner here in Queensland. I think we're going to see a turnaround in youth justice. You've got David christopfully right now, I believe, trying to push through those adult crime adult time laws and I think that's a huge win for this state.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's about time. It's about time something happens when it comes to youth crime. Holly Hughes, Lisa God I'd great to have you both on tonight. Thank you so much for Johnny me here in the man Cave. Well, much more to discuss after the break, including labor ramping up the fear campaign about liberal misinformation. That's next. Welcome back, Daniki di Giorgio filling in tonight for Paul Murray on Paul Murray Live. Let's continue our wonderful debate this evening. Johnny b Is Sky News contributor Preu McSween and libertarian commentator Kristin Abraham. Hi to both of you. Great to have you on tonight. Now, look, let's start with nuclear because the opposition leader Peter Dutton has urged those who oppose nuclear energy to change their ways and has challenged them to finally become the adults in the room. Now. Dutton has called on state premiers like Peter Malanowskis and Chris Mins to actually support nuclear energy. He says, because it's zero emissions technology and it's the only way we're going to shore up renewables and get to net zero by twenty fifty. I've got to say, though, speaking of behaving like adults, let's take a look at what Labor MP Bill Shorten said yesterday on Dunton's nuclear plan.
Speaker 15: The leading scientific body in Australia, who I think Peter Dutton would simply like to call fake news in a left wing front, the CSIRO, which they're not an AEMO. They've looked at generation costs. They've said that it's a nuclear power is an expensive proposition, more expensive than other propositions. It's not going to be here like ossies are paying energy bills now in twenty twenty four. The idea that mister Dutton's going to ride in on a nuclear unicorn in two thousand and forty four with some new energy source, we don't have two decades to wait.
Speaker 1: A nuclear unicorn. Prue, how's that? I mean? You know, we don't even have a proper debate about nuclear or energy for that matter, in this country, while Labour's sailing off on their own unicorn of renewables fantasy, in some sort of utopian fantasy. But I mean, really, can Labor actually have a proper energy debate?
Speaker 10: Well, I don't think they can.
Speaker 16: I think we're dealing with moron's masquerading as MPs. You know, these flat earthers who are too scared to even have a conversation about it. You know, they're so convinced that what they're doing is correct when we all know we're all starting to experience energy shortage, energy shortages every time we open an energy bill, we see that Labour's policy is not working.
Speaker 10: So for him to be talking.
Speaker 16: About unicorns, you know, mate, get off the You know, I don't know what you've been smoking, but what is the agenda? For goodness sake? Why are they so against it? Have they got investments that we don't know about. Why is Labor bearing its head in us in the sand and treating us all like ignorant fools When we look around the world and we see all these G twenty comfort countries and more who are all investing in nuclear and reinvesting in nuclear because it's working. Why the hell should let Australia be the little more on at the end of the earth who wants to just keep going chasing our own unicorns courtesy of Labor.
Speaker 1: Well that's it, and then they keep spinning this fantasy when realistically around the world they've got nuclear and all is good. And this is a problem at Kristen because Labor is not willing to have a proper debate on this. Yet here in New South Wales, only two weeks ago we were told turn off your appliances between the hours of three and eight PM because we might have rolling blackouts and at the time it wasn't even summer, so how can we trust Labor to keep the lights on.
Speaker 7: There are some Australians out there that are going to see it come full circle if Labor is allowed to continue down their renewal walls path where they saw electricity come in, and they're going to see it be phased out because we don't have reliable energy. The Libertarian Party has gone to the last election and we've been massive advocates through nuclear for quite some time and it's let the market decide. Leave the innovation to the specialists, not the politicians, and you can do that by lifting the prohibitions. The thing that annoys me the most about the whole nuclear debate, and you can largely thank Labor for putting it this way to the Australian people, is they continue to talk about nuclear waste, but they never talk about waste about solar or wind turbines. It costs approximately twenty eight dollars to recycle a a solar panel, compared to four dollars fifty to send it off to landfill, but no one ever talks about those things or the impacts that the wind turbines have. Nuclear has such success in France as well, and honestly the misinformation that Labor spits about nuclear energy. I say, I agree with Dutton. Let's have a debate. Sky News can host it. I don't think that you should have to wait to an election to see the position leader and the Prime minister debate a hot topic and let the Australian people decide at the ballot box. Come on to me, youa organize them, I.
Speaker 1: Know, come on, if anyone, if you're listening out there, Sky News, we've got to get let's make this happen let's let's grow. I'd love to chat to Bowen when they have a fandom bring going on. We'd love to chat to you please. We would just to have you on, come on, come into the man cave. We'll have a really good chat. But you know, no one ever, so nobody ever, but I would love to. I love to interview it now. But you know, Kristen makes a really good point there, Prue, because what we don't hear from Labor is actually the environmental impacts of their wind turbine fantasy. And Duns already said he wants to tear up the plans for a wind farmer up in Port Stevens. I think it was. But you know, you don't hear that. Labor don't tell you all these details. They're out there spooking this unicorn that doesn't exist.
Speaker 10: Well, there's a number of things. They've never been honest.
Speaker 16: About the true cost of what they're proposing. They just talk about, oh, it's so much cheaper, But they're not talking about the inefficiencies of battery storage or the transmission lines, the carving up of our environment, the desecration of Australia to do this fantasy. And we know then it's also going to need a backup base load power, which is gas, which they've demonized until we can get the nuclear. They keep saying, well, even if we start a nuclear could be twenty years off. Well will be more than that if these morons don't start talking about it.
Speaker 10: So we can press the button.
Speaker 16: I mean, they're just treating us like absolute fool.
Speaker 1: Mugs, mugs, I think we're dumb, you know, really, they just think we're so dumb. Now, look, I want to talk to you both about disinformation. This is hilarious because Labor has already been caught pleading for money from voters ahead of the upcoming federal election. It's been revealed the ALP assistant National Party secretary contacted its supporters today in an attempt to raise more than sixty four thousand dollars for it's a digital team. But here's the laugh because it also called out the liberal parties disinformation tactics at one line I'll share with you even read over the coming months, you'll see the liberals lie about their agenda to cut public services, lower your wages, and jack up your power prices. At Christen I mean, let's not forget Christian that Labour's actually been caught out many times for its own misinformation. If I recall Andrew Giles telling people that drones are monitoring detainees for goodness sake, it is Labor that's the problem.
Speaker 7: Have you ever seen a toxic relationship, Donaka, That's what you have seen with you know, Daniel Andrews. We see it with the Federal Labor Party as well, where they accuse you of what they are actually doing. And I will give credit where credit is due. The one, you know, not misinformation that I saw in the last election was it won't be easy under alban easy. That completely rings true today. But I'm sick of the misinformation and disinformation arguments here. They're trying to silence their competition by saying it's misinformation and it's disinformation. It sounds like what a communist regime would be trying to do to their competition, to stamp it out. And this rhetoric didn't work in America, it did not work in their elections. So why does Anthony Albanezi think the Australian people are so unintelligent to you know, believe all the lies that all the misinformation that he's putting forward spot.
Speaker 1: On this is and now they want money for it. Pro Now they're saying, give us, give us donations so we can investigate.
Speaker 16: Disintorations back bankrolling them. Why are they calling on these poor buggers who are scraping around the back of the lounge to be able to pay their energy bills to find a few coins and they want them to cough up for their their propaganda.
Speaker 10: They've got to be kidding. This is the hide and the delusionment of this party. They're unbelievable.
Speaker 16: But you know they've had made disinformation and misinformation and art form. You know, when you look at the voice, you look at immigration numbers, look everywhere you go budget, you look every part of what a labor policy is, it's all, you know, disinformation.
Speaker 1: It's sort of.
Speaker 16: Skimming the truth or half truth. You couldn't believe them if they open their mouths. You have to say they're lying as far as I'm concerned, You've.
Speaker 1: Got to question everything that they say because they're the problems here. Now let's touch on the tills, because a new report shows the staggering figures in which they are siding with the Greens in the last term of parliament. Now, this data was obtained by the coalition, revealing that Monique Ryan voted with the Greens seventy seven percent of the time, Zalie Stegel's seventy five percent of the time, both Zoe Daniel and Sophie Scomp's eighty one percent of the time, and outgoing North Sydney and p Kylie Tink ninety four percent of the time. Now outgoing Liberal and P Paul Fletcher, who of course today announced his shock retirement. He didn't mince his words when talking about the Teals. Have a look at this.
Speaker 4: At the last election, the Teals for an eye known quantity. Now they are a known quantity and we will be making sure that people understand that the Teals have consistently voted with the radical extremist grants exactly.
Speaker 1: It's very telling. Kristin, what does this data tell you?
Speaker 7: Well, I wasn't sure what you meant by teals because I thought all together they're the labor coalitions, not exactly but the voters. But the voters have been lied to. They you know, blue and Green equals teal. They were meant to be, you know, liberals that were also climate conscious when they went to the Poles and that's why most people voted for them. But in actual fact they are well dressed, mature, professional Greens, which you don't really see very often. And look, I think in terms of if Teals are going to continue to be on the horizon in that seat, it makes sense that Paul Fletcher is not running again because he had a fifteen percent swing against him last time around. I reckon Liberals, if they were smart, they would put a female candidate in that seat, because there's nothing more the Teals like to do than to say that Liberal Party is a boys club. To be completely.
Speaker 1: Honest, they love that line, don't they. The Tills seem to have certain lines that they trundle out all the time, one of which being oh, there's a gender problem within the Liberal Party. But you know, this is what concerns me about this data pro in particular, because in the event of a minority, you'll have Anthony Abernesi prime minister. You'll have the de facto Adam Bant, a couple of Teals scattered here and there, and they're siding with the Greens. It will be an absolute mess of a Parliament.
Speaker 10: Well it totally would you know?
Speaker 16: Climate two hundred Simon Holmes a court was very clever and having a joke, you know when he called them teals, because we all know they're pale green and rarely greener than green in a lot of ways. This is a collective of kin artists, clowns in coture. Let's face this, this is what they are and we're onto them now. You know, their timing was excellent when they you know, in the last selection, because people were a bit shitty with the you know, the limbs, and they wanted that change.
Speaker 1: And they wanted that change spot on that. We're running out of time, but just very quickly, I want to get your winners and losers of the year, Kristen take it away. Who have you got for us?
Speaker 7: Well, Holly Hughes mentioned before athleticism and all I could think about was a ray gun for being my winner of the year. She gave definition to all publicity is good publicity. She is famous, she's rubbing shoulders with the right people now, so all the power to her. And losers of the week and losers of the Year unfortunately has to be the Australian people. We have more social division than ever. We are being taxed to death and a government that's completely out of touch. So hopefully we'll see a change next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we are poor for it, are we not proved? The losers of.
Speaker 10: The loser is of course Albanese. It was a touch.
Speaker 1: We know we're all going with our bow tonight.
Speaker 10: Well I could have been a little bit lydia thoughte that. I thought, now I'll go with him.
Speaker 16: He's lost his moral compass and his own general compass.
Speaker 10: He doesn't know which way to turn.
Speaker 16: The guys at total loser the winner, of course, has to be done.
Speaker 1: And I've completely spot on. I completely agreed pro mcsway. Christen Abraham, it's been wonderful to have you in the man Cave this evening. Thank you so much for joining me on the show. Well stay with us after the break Reform UK leader Nigel Farage, who's has some big news on the party's new treasure. I stay tuned for that. Welcome back to Paul Murray Live. Dannickiti Giorgio here filling in tonight for the great Man. While it's now my pleasure to cross to Reform UK leader Nigel Farage in London. Nigel, thank you so much for joining us on the show this evening. Now you're about to announce a major coup for Reform UK to do with former Conservative Party donor Nick Candy. Now, many Australians here have probably only heard of Nick Candy because of his wife, Holly the Lance who used to be on neighbors. But what does disappointments say about the evolution of reform that you are able to recruit rich tycoons like Nick Candy.
Speaker 8: Yes, I mean some newspaper reports say Holly Valence's husband becomes a Reform treasurer. So she's loved David. So don't think that she's just an Australian treasure She's not. We've very much taken her to our hearts here as well. Nick has been an active member of the Conservative Party since two thousand and nine, a personal friend of prime ministers, cabinet ministers, a major party donor, someone that's raised millions.
Speaker 1: Of pounds for them.
Speaker 8: And I think Nick's just decided too many broken promises, open borders, crackpot neet, zero agenda, split down the middle. I mean half of our half of our Conservatives ought to be in Reform and the other half ought to be with the Labor Party. That's how split they are so now for Nick to do this, it's a big move for him and it says a lot about what I think is going on in the UK at the moment. And I believe and all right, you may say, Nigel, you have a self interest, but I actually believe that we are witnessing one of those once every hundred year moments when an established British political party gets obliterated and replaced by somebody else. That I believe is what's going on.
Speaker 1: Well, look, it's going to be absolutely fascinating. But you're right. I mean, this is really great for Reform to get this, but this isn't the only good news for the party at the moment, because a recent nationwide pole in the UK has Reform ahead of the Labor government and only two percent behind the leading Conservatives. Nigel first leg and well, what's your reaction. What do you make of this polling?
Speaker 8: We've got the big m going with us momentum. It's happening. People are out there, they're talking at breakfast tables in pubs. They're saying, you know what, Actually the Conservatives broke all their promises. Labor are our breaking theirs. They're both as bad as each other. We need something fresh, we need something new. The truth is Britain is broken. Nothing works. Our health service, our infrastructure, nothing works and we're getting poorer of that. There is no question our society is breaking down and we need something radical to turn this around. We did a dose of optimism and that's what we're about. We believe this country can be turned around. We believe we can make things better. We believe we can encourage business entrepreneurs to make us all better off. And that's why that's why we've got this big momentum. It's because we're optimistic about the future and everybody else is miserable and accepts gradual decline. We don't no.
Speaker 1: Good on you and this is all because of you, Nigel Faras. You've just been such a force our for reform. It's so good to see them from the other side of the world. Now, look, I want to move on to a tricky area of swords, the overthrow of the Asade dictatorship in Syria, because it presents quite a problem for Britain. There is likely now to be a wave of refugees fleeing the country for Europe, and there will also, of course be a lot of asylum, claims Nigel, A number of Brits went over to Syria to fight for the Islamic State. Are they going to come back to Britain once they are let out of jail, given that the rebels are letting these people out.
Speaker 8: Now, as far as I'm concerned, they left our state, they joined the Islamic State. I don't want a single one of them back. And this is the problem that when you get boats crossing the English Channel, no doubt there are some people in those boats who are fleeing horror. I don't doubt that for a minute. But the problem is, and by the way, ISIS said this back in twenty fifteen, they said they would flood the continent of Europe with their operatives even if one in a thousand that crosses into our port of Dover, if one of one thousand is an ISIS activist, intent on mayhem, intent on murder, intent on mass killing, that I'm sorry. We can't have anybody. Yes we'll give food aid, Yes we'll give medical aid, will help people around the world in genuine distress. We cannot open our borders and risk terrorism. And frankly, the first duty of government is to protect the nation and protect its people. We must not take that risk.
Speaker 1: No, And I mean you've already got a migrant crisis over there and this is the last thing that you need. And what about the other way around? In light of the Syrians returning back home. Now, how many who sought asylum in Britain do you think will actually go back or you think that they're done, they'll stay.
Speaker 8: Well, we have a backlog of asylum claims from Syrians, including one who was publicly threatened to kill me repeatedly, which is very charming. He's currently in police custody. If the reason for claiming asylum was that a SAD was in power, well then surely it's time for them more to go home. And that is why lots of European countries yesterday, including US reluctantly in the end, have said, right, we're not pro assessing anymore of the existing claims, not taking any more new ones Austria or even talking about returning people to Siria. Now, you know, it's a complex situation. We don't know whether what comes will be even worse than a SAD, but let's have some degree of optimism that people can go back. Fourteen million people in all have been displaced from Syria over the last decade and for that country to prosper it needs them to go back home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a really, really fair point. Nigel Faraj, it's been wonderful to speak with you. Thank you so much for joining us on the show this evening. Appreciated. Well that is it from me this evening. Thank you for your time and thanks for Paul Murray for letting me back into the man cave. Yeah, I'm going to move the Aussie flag back, don't worry, but I've proudly had it behind me for the rest of this evening. Stay with us, So the late debate is up next. Good Night,