Speaker 1: Welcome to Perth number one podcast. You're listening to the Jamo and Dylan Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we're on the way that dance Bra little Man trip with before. Gooday, guys, and welcome back to another episode of The Jammo and Dylan Show. Today it hit the minus degrees here in.
Speaker 3: Perth, minus one point one in Gendericot, I think was the coldest spot. I got up and it was minus zero point eight. I could not believe it. I thought it was like a glitch on my phone. I said, this can't be right.
Speaker 2: And lately winter in Perth it says it feels colder than it even here.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I said, it felt like negative two point five.
Speaker 2: Yesterday the sun was out. I had a bit of time before I started working the afternoon, so I went and go. I went to go and kick the footy. Right, it was sunny and freezing. Yep. There was like this breeze and it was an Arctic breeze. Yep. I couldn't believe. I feel like it's.
Speaker 3: Coming straight from Antarctica right now. Yeah, I guess we are fairly good getting that breeze. Bro Like, it's just it gets to about fourteen fifteen and it's just ice. Honestly.
Speaker 2: I even think about the people down like in southwestern Australia, Like I'm talking the Albanis and stuff.
Speaker 3: How are they going?
Speaker 2: Surely that's like negative three.
Speaker 3: Let's see, Well maybe an Albany are going.
Speaker 2: Maybe they're faring just fine. Who knows.
Speaker 3: We're actually colder, our minimums colder than that.
Speaker 2: Maybe they're just more of a stable.
Speaker 3: And people want to say Albany is cold, then warm weather slickers. Boy, they would know cold winter have slapped them in the face.
Speaker 2: But then like our forty degree days, they've got like a twenty eight yeah, so.
Speaker 3: They would know a hot day either. Living easy, bro.
Speaker 2: The cold weather can't keep us away from the races though, Deal, because the sun's coming out on Saturday. Thanks to play West, we're heading to the races. We're going to be punting, watching the Western Derby and also doing some other videos with them. It's going to be a great collaboration. What are some of the other videos we're doing. Deal?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's exciting, day mate. The opportunity is just unreal. Now we've talked to play West for a while and we've met the owner. She's a really, really nice person. And things have just lined up and how good is this opportunity coming up? We are getting to spend our Saturday morning in a Rolls Royce near the beach, living it up, bro. How we deserve to be. So we'll film some content there. I believe there is a person that we're meeting as well who's going to help out, so that should be good. And then yeah, with play West, we're doing some content and we're going to a bit of winter racing, which we're very excited for, very excited.
Speaker 2: Be sure it'll be good fun. I think we're doing a thing called would You Roller, which is would you rather in their play West Roller. We're also doing a parallel parking video, so keep your eyes out for that. And yeah, heading off to the races thanks to them tomorrow watch the Western Derby too. It's going to be a sick day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll be putting out some stories, we'll be've logging a bit. Keep your eyes out. Hopefully we have a win. We'll see our pike he does, and hopefully for you the dockers can get our pay.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I finger's crossed they do deal. It's going to be a good day. Whenever I think of racing. I think of Rog because we do these things as a trio, and you know, Rog's been having far too much fun in Germany. I think we touched on that.
Speaker 3: Last man's gone to another level.
Speaker 2: He it's like all forms of degeneracy rolled into one person. And this is so out of character. It's not like him. We've asked his everything. Okay, he's asked to be saved multiple times.
Speaker 3: Yep, we're talking. He's out to two three am on week nights. He's drinking, he's smoking, he's saying he runs Osnabruck.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's been droppings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all he talks about now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like he's been using a German lingo in the group chat and we've been learning it as well. It's a good way to learn. It's just like subtle dropping it in.
Speaker 3: He's throwing a party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you could talk about this.
Speaker 3: So Rog messages us, right, and he goes up, so.
Speaker 2: Just so interrupts. But Rog, this is the least likely, you know, you guys know him. He's weeping mad. I'm going to study.
Speaker 3: I can't believe he's throwing a party. That's why it's pissing me off. So he is staying in a dorm, but he's got his own room and he shares a balcony with another bloke. I forgot his name, but he did mention the boat Karl with the k so German, and Rog goes, oh, yeah, we're throwing a party in our apartment. Can probably fit about twenty five people, but could get more if the other two rooms open up. So they're just going to be sharing their balcony, two bedrooms having a party. Rog is going to have ten people in his room, smoking and drinking.
Speaker 2: Rog doesn't like us going in his room at his.
Speaker 3: Head, doesn't let me go in his cupboard for a snack. Bro can't get cheese and cracker without him going crazy.
Speaker 2: But now he's like hosting a party, which is just utterly ridiculous.
Speaker 3: If his parents know how much of a degenerate he's being, Yeah, or he just calls him and says.
Speaker 2: I, Mum, I might flick him a text with this and those photos of the sick in his mouth.
Speaker 3: Anyway, pull him to his front door, say is this your son?
Speaker 2: Like I've got him on Life three sixty now, so if he goes missing, I know where he is. Yeah, yeah, good, but yeah, He's been going to some crazy places, like one of the hospitals that he was doing some work at because like for those who don't know, it's a physio trip. He's becoming a physiotherapist, a very good one. And yeah, he's been going to this hospital and it looks like some bad things could happen there. It's just in the middle of this like big green Field, and he's just stuck there.
Speaker 3: Boy, scary work start of every horror movie.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Roger is having far too much fun. It's annoying how much he's experiencing without us, yeap. And like we mentioned last episode, there was a small chance that he was going to come to Europe with us last year and he couldn't pull the trigger, brushed us off. He definitely could have pulled the trigger, but he brushed us off and there was ultimate disrespect and it was rude. And I just don't want to see him when he comes back, because you and I have discussed that he will return and.
Speaker 3: We'll just get the shit version exactly.
Speaker 2: He'll be back into probably Unimode. I think he's got one more year left and he's just gonna be lettle just get the boring versions, he's not going to one to hang out and we might get like, how many good days of rog do we get per year?
Speaker 3: I'd say it's less than ten, definitely. I was going to say like seven, yeah, let's go six.
Speaker 2: Five, four, let's go four four fields right, four fields, right? Four good days once every three months.
Speaker 3: And that you know, those good days, it's usually about three of them in summer, and then we get one in your autumn winter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's when just one, that's when we get to go. Oh, actually, we had a few good days when we went down south.
Speaker 3: With him, true, so that's probably three two two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two.
Speaker 3: So let's when we had two race days. Do we go to race two or three times last year? I can't remember, I'm not sure. So we just we'll go to four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's let's okay, maybe, well, well, I reckon, we can go to eight because there's a couple more days where he's bit chippy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, But we've never hit double digits, no, never ever, ever.
Speaker 2: But he's had double digits in the time.
Speaker 3: Already and he's been there two weeks, so.
Speaker 2: He's maxed out his good days of the year, and we don't get those anymore.
Speaker 3: He didn't sleep one day.
Speaker 2: That was unbelievable. Yeah, because he had nine am checkout. Yep, was out at the club, didn't get back.
Speaker 3: Runs the city runs the club, he reckons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he always says he runs us in a brook, So let us know if you see him. No sightings of rog yet.
Speaker 3: He's in a niche spot, isn't he.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, that's the thing. It's a great way to experience a place because it's not touristy.
Speaker 3: Yep, he's getting like a real authentic German.
Speaker 2: I wonder if he's knocked back a sausage yet.
Speaker 3: There's a few plenty of sausage for him.
Speaker 2: Plenty of sausages at his party on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's all there will be.
Speaker 2: I am excited to hear about the party though, same. I want I actually want a photo.
Speaker 3: Should we FaceTime him while Yeah, so when he does it, when the party's kicking off.
Speaker 2: The am for us, I'll be really early.
Speaker 3: Depends where it starts.
Speaker 2: What's the time difference.
Speaker 3: Yeah, six hours midnight tonight it will be six pm. We'll probably it.
Speaker 2: Would be two or three am and the dregs.
Speaker 3: But hopefully when we wake up in the morning, he'll still be going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I hope that we'd get some videos, like, even if it's not live, send us some videos. I want to see what it looks like. Is he in good form? I want to see the type of people, like, the amount of people that are there.
Speaker 3: The type of skin in the game.
Speaker 2: Son. I want to see the ratio as well.
Speaker 3: Yeap, imagine he's just crazy, like he's got like a seventy thirty ratio and rugs just just like imagine. It's it's like the man over there wearing the man Bro rogna Brook. Oh crazy bro. But at least he's having fun.
Speaker 2: But whatever, after all of that, we are very happy he's having fun. But like we said, too much fun.
Speaker 3: We've got a potential mammoth day tomorrow. Yes, so, like you said, content in the morning.
Speaker 2: And the content is involving a Rolls Royce. Yeah, old things better have eating bro.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you that I'll be fucking viewing.
Speaker 2: This down near the beach, which will be windy, cold and windy, and.
Speaker 3: Then we've got a derby followed by a showdown, which is.
Speaker 2: My team crazy by your team on a Saturday.
Speaker 3: And it's it's a tough one because like both of our teams are in good positions right now and both heavy favorites to win our respective games. However, for West Coasts it's their grand final and for Port Adelaide it's the same, Like both of them want to derail our season a bit, and you know, for Port it's Ken's last game. Like it's a weird position.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know. Yeah, it's going to be very interesting and like you said, first halves will be really hot. Anything can happen in these games. Yeah, the second half is.
Speaker 3: When you find out who's a bit better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they can stay longer. Yeah, stay, stay, just on the footy. We had this message from John. He says, only been into the AFL since you guys got me onto it, lovely and Lions are my home team, so I'm going for them.
Speaker 3: That's fair, great team to go for.
Speaker 2: Frio just popped up as my next favorite team and I hope they get a flag. They play so well and Jomo's got so much love for them. Just love that team. Holy Okay. He also sent a message saying did you see the Crows get another solid win? Big ups the lads. But wasn't playing the game at my local pub.
Speaker 3: Ah, they didn't. They don't show him up there in Brisbane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's actually been messaging quite a lot about the footy, so he's been getting into him, Bro, been getting into a lot. He's actually got a voice message here as well. Maybe maybe we'll give him a look.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll see how he goes John Brisbane look good. They'll be up there. Yes, they will be a very good team, well rounded.
Speaker 2: Just do things the right way, don't they.
Speaker 3: They play good teams.
Speaker 2: A little thank you to South av Yeah, the packaging was unreal a drink company. They gifted us a few drinks. We get to try them however, we will over the weekend, no doubt. And yeah they had little things in the packaging. And I love when brands go the extra mile. There was matches in there, there was a key chain, bottle opener yep. And they're also throwing a party in Perth soon. I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 3: Oh they're from South Australia. Shout out Bro, shout out the Crows. What's up?
Speaker 2: And their names South a Essay? Essay.
Speaker 3: I hope I don't go for Port because they're throwing those drinks in the bin. Boy, straighten the bin tip him out.
Speaker 2: But thank you to South Nice Packaging, and we'll try those drinks on the weekend. As you know, deal, Dad's a marriage celebrant. So like he's done some weddings here and there, beautiful and he has to update his he has to do the modules every now and then to keep his life just done online or yeah, so just online like it used to be in person, but now he can just do it online. And this is when I find out some things about marriage that you just wouldn't consider or think about. I've said one of them on the podcast before, but I'll just refresh you guys. So he's doing the modules and like you know, when you do it at work and stuff, and you can't fail them. You can keep failing it, but then you will learn which one's the right hand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have to get one hundred percent or at least like most of it.
Speaker 2: So Dad was doing this module and he wasn't getting it right, and he's thinking, this is ridiculous. Celebrate for thirty years. He's getting pissed off now, so then I have a look, I've got it written down. Give me a sex.
Speaker 3: Has he done any weddings recently?
Speaker 2: Not recently? It's probably like, that's not his job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's just a does it pay well?
Speaker 2: I'm not I wish I knew, but I think it would be all right. But there's a lot of work that goes into it. Yeah, so a few things. This isn't very funny this bit, but basically there's so much forced marriage. So with certain cultures and stuff, there's a range marriage and stuff, then there's forced marriage. And now what you have to do as a marriage celebrant is usually you would meet the couple before the wedding. Now you have to meet the couple and then do an individual interview with both people to make sure that they want to go along with the wedding, right, Okay, which is fair because some people would be like, no.
Speaker 3: Under pressure with their partner.
Speaker 2: Ye yeah, so like whether it's like a domestic violence thing or whether it's a cultural thing. I actually don't want to be with him. It's just been teed up by a few people and I'm stuck. It gives them the opportunity to say I need help get me out of it. Yep. Then as the celebrant, you have to call Triple zero. Oh wow, and they will will help you.
Speaker 3: Dad have had to do that.
Speaker 2: No, not yet, okay, but yeah, he wants to keep his his certificate or his license, so then eventually one day he can do mine or oh yeah, that'd be nice, which would be great, but it won't be happening in the near future. Put on the back burner for a bit, but.
Speaker 3: You might have a few more much to keep doing the modules A.
Speaker 2: But no, I like that he's still doing it anyway. So the fact that I said years ago, it would have been like a year or two ago on this podcast, was that first cousins can get married legally.
Speaker 3: Yep, I do remember that.
Speaker 2: Yep. So your first cousin you can get married to. Now, this is one that I think is shocking personally, even.
Speaker 3: More shocking than that first cousin is.
Speaker 2: Actually like, that's why I think this is worse. Okay, you tell me if it's no all right? You can legally get married to your niece, nephew, uncle, or auntie.
Speaker 3: That's discussed.
Speaker 2: How how horrifics that?
Speaker 3: How is that allowed?
Speaker 2: Don't ask me?
Speaker 4: Legally?
Speaker 3: That's okay, the law goes tick.
Speaker 2: The lawd ticks it off. So your mum's sister, your mum's brother, like the people it's terrific. That's crazy. Do you that's more crazy? Fuck?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's horrific.
Speaker 2: Your niece that's dirty.
Speaker 3: Oh, because you're waiting a long time to tee that one.
Speaker 2: And it's betrayal. Yeah, horrific.
Speaker 3: But I wonder how the permission conversation goes for that. Hey can I marry your daughter?
Speaker 2: Mate? That's crazy?
Speaker 3: What the fuck? This country's going downhill? Man? How long has that been allowed for?
Speaker 2: I don't know. But he kept getting it wrong because.
Speaker 3: He was He's no way.
Speaker 2: I can't believe that. That's nuts. This is sid He's fucked bro, it's crazy. Oh my god?
Speaker 3: Oh what There must be a lot of fucked up families out there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well you can't do like mum, dad's sister brother.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they draw the line there. They're getting pretty close to it.
Speaker 2: That's where you get your disabilities, deformities, that's where you get your your issues with birth.
Speaker 3: I reckon you will get them with the others too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but maybe it's just like you've got lower bad temper or something like you don't actually get something.
Speaker 3: To marry you uncle or some shit gay marriage, same sex.
Speaker 2: Marriage to Yeah, that's crazy, bro, is that allowed.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, same sex marriage is allowed.
Speaker 2: We voted it in and so it's allowed, and then you can do it with young.
Speaker 3: See, we didn't know what was coming bro like.
Speaker 2: Far out. So if anyone that's listening has ever had that in their family, Rambo has mentioned that, Yep, his cousins were dating or something.
Speaker 3: Aren't they engaged? Did they have a kid?
Speaker 2: Bro? It was one of those.
Speaker 3: Two for sure, that actually might have been. It was one of those three, no doubt about it. They either engage, married.
Speaker 2: Or have a cousin. Bro.
Speaker 3: They probably have. It's probably all of them. They probably were engaged, had a kid, and now they're married.
Speaker 2: True, it's nuts. All right, let's move on to some confessions. Guys. We hope you're all doing well. Send some stuff in for next.
Speaker 3: I was doing well.
Speaker 1: It's now time to dive into your deepest and darkest confessions.
Speaker 2: Let's hear what the people have to get off their chest. All right, This one is sent in for I actually won't say the name because this guy said I've got an absolutely effing mental cheating story, but it's very important that it stays anonymous.
Speaker 3: We'll call him Kevin.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, he might have actually done his own names because I said changed names anyway. He said, it's a long message, but it's worth it all right. A long time listener, first time rider. Love the show, gentlemen, keep up the good work. On a beautiful summer Friday, one evening, I just finished knocking off from work and I was working in the same postcode to where my ex girlfriend also works at a dining establishment which she had very recently opened. At the time. Nice okay. She had been messaging me all week wanting me to come and have a look at the place she just opened, but it was never convenient until this day, so I went in to say quick, friendly hello. Our breakup was clean and there were no hard feelings. The tension in the air was absolutely undeniable, so with all my self control, I told her I had to get the fuck out of there before I tried making a move on her. So the tension in the air was absolutely undeniable, So with all my self control, I told her I had to get the fuck out of there before I tried making a move on her. I left and let her get on with the closing process of the day, and just as I get back to the car, she text me to come back. I replied, saying why, what's going to happen? She then replies telling me something that no one will ever find out about. I was extremely unsure as to if I should go back inside, but I thought, fuck it, who cares. I went back inside and we got straight down to business and shagged in the kitchen. The worst part about this is that she had a new boyfriend while all of this happened about a year and a half ago. To this day, he has no clue that any of this happened. This is the girl. Wait, this is the girl that I expect to do something like this. It's an evil world we live in here. Wait, it's an evil world out there. Kings stay woke in these streets.
Speaker 3: God, damn bro. Which one and local dining establishments? That kitchen's fucked now, Damn that Pino clean.
Speaker 2: Damn boy. So he wasn't in a relationship, but she was, and he's popped in. She's messaging him, She's messaging he come by, come by, please.
Speaker 3: Check your restaurant. Please look at Claire's cupcake store.
Speaker 2: Come look, come look at me, Come look him up. Wow.
Speaker 3: And then she just couldn't resist Bro in the kitchen and eats there all the time, Bro, having a cinnamon scroll from there too, having a cough sandwich. He's been every year and a half.
Speaker 2: Bro. That's like, it is a cold world when stuff like that happens.
Speaker 3: And Rob just message us. It's four am. Just got back to the crib and he's got He's got class in five hours. Bro, He's living that full college lifestyle.
Speaker 2: He is red cups.
Speaker 3: I'm really pissed off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, same, because what we should be there with him?
Speaker 3: Right, I'm grateful Pricky is always has been.
Speaker 2: All Right, this is a long story. Okay, Now when people do this stuff, this is when we start to get a bit aggressive, right he said, Hey, Feller's got probably the craziest story you guys will ever hear on the potty.
Speaker 3: Be pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: Then, see that's what I mean. We start getting a bit arjiebarjie because he's like, put it on, Yeah exactly, and we we've heard a lot, are going to knock it off. Have you never heard lesbian love story? Oh?
Speaker 3: I wonder how they're going. Man, I missed them so much. That's the greatest uh love drama that this show's ever seen.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Hay Feller's got probably the craziest story you guys will ever hear. For the potty For context, we live in Metro Perth area on a semi rural property that backs out onto a national park with a lake.
Speaker 3: Okay, cool.
Speaker 2: So the only thing between this bushland and our backyard is a tiny wire, tiny wire fence. So this happened today. I was at work midshift and Dad calls me to tell me there is a naked man in our backyard. Obviously confused as hell, I rush home since Dad said he needs to leave for work. So I get home. I'm around ten minutes later. Cops have been called, so they're on their way. I see this man in the bushland behind our bush sitting. So I see this man in the bushland behind our house, sitting in the bush, squatting and lying down in the same spot the entire time. It's been thirty minutes since we called. Now, so I decided to call again because I was in a rush to get back to work. Eventually, they arrive and I show them where this guy was. By now he's just laying down butt naked in the sand. The cops talk to him, arrest him, etc. Etc. I then go back to work and have a laugh about this insane situation to my mates at work. And then after work I go home and Dad says I need to see this, so he shows me the footage of what our camera's caught. The man first walks into our property in view of the cameras socks and shoes, so socks and shoes on, with a backpack, but naked. He then walks up to our patio, takes his socks and shoes off, picks up my mum's hockey stick that was lying on the ground, then goes on this ledge thing and steps up onto our patio, using the stick for balance while grinding his dick on the marble floor and humping it as if he's having sex with it. If you think this is crazy, it gets worse. He then sees a garden trolley that we had out the back. He moves it to the wall and leans the stick on it, handle pointing upward. He stands on the trolley and slowly sits on the stick, graphic but handle going up his asshole while spreading his cheek. So done, bro. He then proceeds to ride on it and bounce on it. It looked like he got at least half of the handle up. Oh my god. Keep in mind this is a proper field hockey stick with handle tape and everything. To make matters worse, he gets off it and leans over and puts the handle in his mouth, putting his fingers where his lips are to see how much he can get down his throat. He then continues and does weird things like bending over and spreading his cheeks. We didn't know it would be this graphic. Guys, actually haven't read it. Two more paragraphs left. Two more. This was right before my dad saw him and confronted him, and with no idea with what he'd done. Flabbergasted, he tells him to leave. The guy just acted confused, saying he was looking for his misses. He also asked if he could just grab his shoes. I'm still in shock and this will be something we never forget. So Rogs just said, lads, I can now open a beer with a lighter. Fucking degenerate.
Speaker 3: He's got to use that party trick, isn't it, because I.
Speaker 2: Look well I learned in Osnabrook. Yeah, okay, incident was reported. We feel bad for the man as clearly he's having some trouble, assuming he had taken some substances and was confused as to what substance on this earth could put you in this situation. Hope he is okay, loving the potty, love listening to you boys while delivery driving. I know this story sounds far fetched, but trust me, I'm still processing it too. Have proof of this happening, but out of respect for the guy, I won't share. Boys want to see it anyway, cheers, Hope it's not too graphic for the potty. You feel free to reword the bits you deem necessary. That was nuts. Well, I wouldn't say it's the best story that we've ever had.
Speaker 3: It's pretty It is pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: I actually will give you that.
Speaker 2: It is hard to believe, Yeah, but we do put our trust in our listeners and we will take.
Speaker 3: I think I do believe you. Yeah, I do for some weird reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like in my head, I'm very literal person. I'd love to see the evidence to know. I don't want to see it for other purposes.
Speaker 3: But trust me, the game's the game.
Speaker 2: The game is the game. I just need to see even a still image.
Speaker 3: What about just the hockey stick, what the.
Speaker 2: Aftermath and they could have rubbed it in cowshit, Like I don't know half the hockey stick up is bum and I hope she's not going to use it.
Speaker 3: So remember you're saying, what do they wear at Belmont? I think we I think it's a mix.
Speaker 2: Okay, what cash?
Speaker 3: Obviously there'll be and.
Speaker 2: I'll go online and get some some big pictures, some blown up ones. But anyway, thank you for that, mate. That was a crazy story. Imagine. Yeah, and like he wasn't actually like obviously his damaged property with shoving it up his bum, But I'm thinking what was the actual issue with Like he actually wasn't going there to steal anything.
Speaker 3: He was just going there for a show.
Speaker 2: We've got an update from our friend from the UK whose friend ghosted him. Do you remember?
Speaker 3: I do remember that? And he was wondering what to do about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he goes, hey, boys, how are you going? Barley looked great, Jamo enjoyed the music video. So Ben bailed on me on the camping trip two days before shock. He only messaged the group chat because my other mate I camped with met him at the pub and basically forced him to say other than that, other other than that the trip was class beach fish and chips by the sea, and it was just class to get out in the countryside and relax. I sent my mate a voice note after camping, asking why he'd ignored me for almost three weeks. Took a more sympathetic approach, as I didn't want to. I didn't want something to be genuinely wrong with him, and then come across all confrontational yep, asked if he was okay, then said how it made me feel, and asked why it had been going on. Got this rather copy and paste response Narborough. Sorry, has just been a bit weird recently, so don't take it personally. Not spoken to a lot of people then in brackets, still spoken to majority of my close mates. Been looking for somewhere new to live and shit, so he's going through something, but three weeks can't even send an update. Weird, Come on anyway, that's it. Sorry. If I reached out mid recording, it was three am for me. He actually did reach out just after we recorded last time, which is fair enough interesting to know that when we record it is early morning for yeah, for anyone in Europe really.
Speaker 3: And Rog's still up and about rog is up.
Speaker 2: And about boy the photos of him, and look at how drowsy is.
Speaker 3: He's just powering on.
Speaker 2: Bro. Here we go.
Speaker 3: You've seen it straight away.
Speaker 2: He's still up. Bro. Pray for my survival. Okay, look what he said, Pray for my survival. So pray for his survival. Guys. It's four eleven in the morning, so we try to call him. Yeah, go on nine, No, boys, I can't. Everyone in the apartment is asleep. Everyone in the apartment. Well, he's got one in the apartment, doesn't Doesn't he have one staying with him, Carl?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's next door.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, Moving on to voice messages now, let's get it.
Speaker 1: We hope you're enjoying the Jamo and Dylan Show. It's now time to have your stories heard and your questions answered to be featured on the potty message the boys at Jamo and Dylan on Instagram the new episode.
Speaker 3: Super Glad you're back.
Speaker 5: By the way, I had to pause because I was so angry you guys said it was thirteen feels like seven in your winter there. Meanwhile, here in Canada, I'm about three hours away from the most southern part of Canada and We'll have days where it's minus twenty five feels like minus thirty, and that's the most southern.
Speaker 2: Part of Canada. Well, hey, buddy, reality check, we get forty five degree days. Have you ever experienced a forty five degree day? Do you reckon?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Surely not right?
Speaker 2: No, wait it's Canada.
Speaker 3: Well mate, we had a negative one point one and it felt like negative four on bomb, which is a Bureau of Meteorology saying they've got negative thirty. It's all the same once against to a certain point in it. Yeah, past zero, it's just all the after zero zero. Man, I know what thirty feels like.
Speaker 2: Zero's all the same. You've been through a.
Speaker 3: Forty five a boy, that's what I'm saying. I've been through a week of forty plus.
Speaker 2: I don't know. He's probably never experienced a heat wave, and his heat waves is probably twenty five.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't want to hear no odds thirty degrees. I'm in a heat wave. I can't breathe.
Speaker 5: Obviously right now though we're in our summer. So it's twenty five degrees in sunny right now.
Speaker 3: That's I call that cold.
Speaker 2: A chilly day, sunny bro twenty five and is very it's immaculate weather.
Speaker 3: I call that the most comfortable day ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Our summer literally like can get too much. Yeah, when it's the forty two, forty five and it's just a sauna. It's twenty eight when you wake.
Speaker 2: Up probably losing years off.
Speaker 3: He I kind of miss it.
Speaker 2: We're melting in. I miss it now. Well on a daylight today you want it, give it back right now. But then when it comes, Hey, you can't sleep at night. It's sweltering.
Speaker 3: But when we've been to the Punter to days in December, it's like it's been pretty hot. Bro like thirty six. You're just drinking beer, punting and just thriving. Yeah, but that's like one with nature. That's our best environment. Like that's probably the best form you ever find us in. Oh yeah, just rolling around Ascot and they've got niffing out to win.
Speaker 2: They've got like the really nice cooling. Missed fans like the what are they called when they're like above you. They're not a fan. I know exactly what from the sky.
Speaker 3: I call it a missed miss fire A mister a mister mister.
Speaker 2: Phi missed the failure This guy sent voice messages. We haven't read these, so we haven't listened to this, so you get what you get.
Speaker 4: I'm wanting to pay a bit of tribute to putting me onto the best thing of this year for me, so AFL football fucking respect on his name.
Speaker 2: It's the best sport way to watch.
Speaker 4: First year watching before and I hate watching it now. And tonight is much first ever AFL game. I'm going to watch my hometown the Bristo minds, but I have had it itched for Freo the whole season. That's playing a trip to you boys forgetting me into the sport. And at the Dogs that were the first game I ever watched, and that they were fucking beautiful. Sonchelli played against the Cats this year that early game they were both over one hundred.
Speaker 3: I thought that was amazing.
Speaker 2: That was a goodhow two messages.
Speaker 4: Because yeah, so back to this is my first night going to a game, going with two of my best mates and I'm just so fucking keen.
Speaker 3: I woke up like six am this morning.
Speaker 4: I haven't been able to stop just like looking at the fucking bets. I'm not placing too much, I'm not silly, but I'm looking at the bets. I know because because I'm gonna be there looking at the fucking like our seats and stuff where we're going to be in the stadium.
Speaker 2: I'm so fucking keen.
Speaker 4: I don't want to get a membership, you know for my locally gabba and man, I'm just fucking kind way to go.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be brilliant. It's gonna be amazing.
Speaker 4: Thank you boys so much for putting onto the great great sport. I'm going to play next year as well, my first ever season, going to play with some mates, join a local club, the Unfortunately the representing the Pies, the Sherwood Magpies in Brisbane, Fortunate Tip Club.
Speaker 3: But yes, I am so so keen to play and to watch.
Speaker 2: I just want to get involved in it.
Speaker 4: I love it and thank you boys anyway.
Speaker 3: Amazing.
Speaker 2: I've never seen a Queensland convert that strong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he loves footy, bro.
Speaker 2: We've just like opened him up to this new world.
Speaker 3: Done it at an amazing time.
Speaker 2: We've transformed his life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he gets to go for a Brisbane team that are firing. He goes to the Gabba reigning premiers with his mates.
Speaker 2: He's so excited. It's like Christmas Day, wakes up at six am, can't sleep his back up.
Speaker 3: It's to see lucky.
Speaker 2: Neil goes there, watches his star studded team and then he's like, I love this so much that I'm going to play next year with my friends. And he already knows. It's the Magpies.
Speaker 3: Okay if it's at local level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sherwood, shout out Sherwood, not flag piles next year, who knows.
Speaker 3: Hopefully they can win a flag. The real Collingwood can't.
Speaker 2: But for him to go, AFL is elite. NRL is bummed to watch.
Speaker 3: I don't mind an RL just for finals, but yeah, I'm not watching it any other time of year or state. Origin is always good.
Speaker 2: But that's incredible, I mean, fantastic, mate. A lot of people were scared off by the sport because it is quite hard to learn. Like I remember at Molly's one night, I was talking to this Irish bloke who plays Gaelic back in Ireland and he was saying how hard it is to get into AFL just because of all the rules and like whistles and like he would love to like it, but he just struggles. Yep. So I've always like seen that perspective, but seeing someone get in so seamlessly.
Speaker 3: And just all in, you know, probably first.
Speaker 2: Bro probably helps that he's got money on it as well, makes him learn a bit quicker and his brains firing in a different way.
Speaker 3: Will John make sure you watch the showdown in the Derby this week two proper rivalries the proper So you should watch those games.
Speaker 2: I watched Dan Going's rank the rivalries the other day. Yeah I saw that. Yeah, Yeah, he had Showdown one and I think Derby was two. Yeah, he understands those two, specifically the showdown because he's originally from Adelaide.
Speaker 3: So I think the showdown is just for the consistent quality of game. It's all like, it doesn't matter where the teams are. It is actually always very competitive. Yeah, it's always fiery.
Speaker 2: We were looking at it before. It's like one in every.
Speaker 3: One Derby is always one sided because just one team is so much better time. And it's not even like because obviously Adelaide and Port have been on opposite ends of the ladder for a while. Yeah, and now we've we're on the up for the first time in a while compared to them. But like you know, last year. I think we came forth last, but team wasn't horrible, yes, whereas for example now like West Coast Frio West Coast to last and their teams horrible.
Speaker 2: That's the just in a few words, say what it was like going to the West Coast game last week?
Speaker 3: Oh well, as the listeners would know, my brother's a member, so I go to a few West Coast games a year, maybe on average like four, but this year I haven't been. So I went to the Richmond game with him on Saturday night, and I was kind of excited for it. I thought Saturday night game.
Speaker 2: A game that they could probably win.
Speaker 3: It should be close, right, And usually credit to the West Coast fans, they do show up and there's a decent atmosphere usually, but this one was pretty bad. And obviously watching on TV, you see that West Coast are in trouble because they've never been this bad before. And usually usually a team bottoms out for like two to three years and then you make some improvements. And watching the game live against Richmond, who had a few outs, and you know they're they've probably overperformed this year for what was expected, but they've done a rebuild. Like I kind of respect him for showing up this year. But it was horrible, Like West Coaster are in. I'm talking watching that live. Second half watching that live was really bad. You could feel the energy just leave the stadium. The fans were hurt, you know. I think there was big expectation for them to beat Richmond or to be competitive, and I'm talking, yeah, they need Like I think I said to you boys, they probably need sixteen new players, honestly, because there's a lot of blokes in that team that are not good enough play AFL.
Speaker 2: There's only like or to be I can count them on one hand. The people that have been playing well lately.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and one of them is a nineteen year old like Harley Reid carrying their midfield, and he's been good the last like he actually did play well against Richmond.
Speaker 2: Like a few of the younger guys are showing some sign But then yeah, the broad it the whole team, it's not good.
Speaker 3: Their depth is pretty poor. I think their coach man, he's got a massive job. Like there, I feel like they're at minimum or they've got to get They've got to hit in the draft for like three four years in a row and recruit players like five years away. Man was going to be competitive.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, like, I can't win a flag, Like, can you see them winning a flag within the next.
Speaker 3: They couldn't, Man, probably not because I just think about how long it took Adelaide to come back from the bottom. And you look at like, I'm thinking we hit with like a lot of draft picks and got in like we got in like six players. So they're and like they're gonna have to hit like that and that's still five years.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then if you're North, look at North. They've tried and tried and they've been shipped for ten like, I don't know, Man, it was pretty bad watching it live. They're actually a lot worse live than on TV too, seeing it lives really fucked.
Speaker 2: Bro. You're almost low.
Speaker 3: They look slow, like they're just off the pace. Some of the fitness looks a bit average.
Speaker 2: Even effort Richmond, don't even look that far after you watch that game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, oh man, it was bad. So the derby could be fucked actually, but I do think the first at least the first quarter will probably be on because okay, they'll just yeah, they'll just fall away.
Speaker 2: I think, Yeah, I hope. So I hope we do them in by one hundred and eighty points. Oh really, we just can't even kick out, Like we barely get one hundred. Yeah, that's just the way we play. But even if, like, I'll just we need a big percentage booster. But I would genuinely just be happy with any type of win, Yeah, because you just got to win these games. And I was saying this to Dad the other day when Colin Wood won the flag in twenty three, Like, yeah, they were a top four team for the majority of the year. They never blew teams away from memory like that. They won so many winning four within a goal, within two goals, and like, it's not the same level. But we've been doing won a lot of close games. In eight of our last nine, they've all been relatively close. Yeah, I don't know, it's not the it's an exciting way to win, because I remember that year for Collin would must have been incredible. They won so many games by a point, nerve wracking with like seconds to go. The crowds are always huge, and I'm getting like a small sense for it this year. But yeah, we'll be watching the Western Derby. Obviously, it's already happened for you guys. Yes, but yeah, I hope you all had a good weekend and we'll see you in a couple of weeks. Cheers.