Speaker 1: Good team.
Speaker 2: I hope you will self examination you, thinking about you, reflecting on you, finding a little bit of awareness, a little bit of accountability, bit of contemplation, not self loathing, not kind of beating ourselves up, just trying to be more aware of the me that you in the middle of all of the non me and you stuff. Self examination is a worthwhile, if not always comfortable, component of the personal transformation journey. It's largely about self awareness and the recognizing of habits, patterns, behaviors and choices which can fit anywhere on the scale from toxic and destructive to positive and life enhancing and potentially magical. This process is not about self loathing or overthinking, as I said, but rather it is a strategic, rational, and productive exercise, not an emotional or just intructive one. It's something I practice daily and have for a long time, and it's a great way to step out of the moment and to find clarity and perspective.
Speaker 1: So I've got what have I got here?
Speaker 2: I've got about ten questions self examination, questions that I use for me, that I've used in coaching with people, and that I want to share with you today because I think for some.
Speaker 1: Of you, not for all of you, depending on where you're at, what you're.
Speaker 2: Up to, but for some of you these will provide a level of clarity and awareness and perhaps a potential starting point for this little ex size. So remember self examination Question one is what am I currently doing? Which is essentially a form of self sabotage. Remember, we can't change the thing that we don't see or acknowledge, And again not about beating yourself up, just acknowledgment awareness.
Speaker 1: What's that thing?
Speaker 2: And so the thing that your self sabage it could be I used to train well, eat well, sorry, train well, lift well, sleep well. My lifestyle was awesome. But I self sabotage with food, right, How else did I sell sabotage? I had a lot of potential and creativity that I didn't use because I was too scared. I didn't want to be embarrassed. I didn't want to fail. I didn't want people to think less of me. I didn't want to be rejected. I wanted to belong. So I'd conform and and i'd kind of I'd play small. I'd play small. And it took me a long time to get the courage and to get the confidence to be able to just lean into the fear, not overcome the fear. The fear for me, the fear never goes away, it's the volume goes down. And some things I'm not fearful of anymore, but there'll always be some form of fear. So what am I currently doing? What are you currently doing? Which is essentially a form of self sabotag? Getting in your own way? Number two, if ten out of ten is you using all your potential?
Speaker 1: What's your current number? Where are you at?
Speaker 2: And if you know that you've got power and potential and possibilities in you that you are not exploiting, that you are not tapping into, there's a little rabbit hole you can go down today to think of what is that about? What is remember metacognition? Thinking about thinking, think about think about why do I do that? Why one do I self sabotage? And two why am I not using my potential?
Speaker 1: What's the real reason?
Speaker 2: Not the bullshit, Oh I'm pretty busy?
Speaker 1: Fuck all that. That's not true.
Speaker 2: Yeah you might be busy, but that's not the reason. What's the reason. What's the reason? Are you prepared to fail to fall down, to look silly, to get embarrassed, to fuck up, to get up, fuck up, get up. If you're prepared to do all of that, then you're a big chance of exploiting and using and benefit from more of what you have to work with. Number three is do I invest more of my time and energy in problems or solutions? How many people do you know? And you might be one of them, But whenever you meet that person or talk to that person, there's always a thousand problems of rarely any solutions, and they're all. They live in the problem. They inhabit the problem, they focus, they obsess, they self pity about the problem. I'm not saying there are no problems. Of course there are problems. I have problems. Everyone has problems. Everyone has challenges and issues and good days and bad days and catastrophes and breakthroughs and breakdowns.
Speaker 1: That's the human experience.
Speaker 2: We're not pretending that life's awesome when it isn't. Sometimes it's dog shit and sometimes it's bloody rainbows and puppies and unicorns.
Speaker 1: And everything in between.
Speaker 2: But at the end of the day, we still need to You and I still need to navigate the messiness of our own life. So we acknowledge the problem, We speak it out, we identify it, and then we immerse ourself in the fixing, in the problem, solving, in the solution. Self examination. Question number four, What am I currently avoiding, delaying, or denying?
Speaker 1: This is where the rubber hits the road.
Speaker 2: These questions are hard, These questions are not comfortable, These are not fun. And maybe you're ready for these questions and maybe you're not. And remember again, not so. I say this a lot, but it's just true. This is not about beating you up. This is not about you beating yourself up. It is not about self loathing. It's just about recognizing what are the habits and behaviors and words and ideas and stories that I create, that I do, or that I believe, or that I hold on to or that I repeat, which are actually holding me back.
Speaker 1: Number five. We spoke about fear before. This is a little bit of a repeat.
Speaker 2: But that's all right. What fear is currently getting in my way? What's the fear that you need to address? What's the main fear that stops you from opening the door on all that you can do be create? What's that fear?
Speaker 1: For me?
Speaker 2: There have been many fears, but I think for me, because I was simultaneously felt like an impostor. I had I don't know if I had a big ego, but I definitely had ego because I didn't think I was great. So I don't feel like I had a big ego. I actually thought I was shit. I had self doubt, I had an underwhelming opinion of my own ability, and I think for me for a long time, my fear is that I just didn't want to be exposed for the fraud and the idiot that I thought I was. While I still don't think I'm a genius and I don't think I'm the fucking high watermark for high performance or success, I kind of understand now that a lot of that self talk and a lot of those stories for me were just fear that really really got in my way. Number six ties in with that Number six is what is my most limiting belief? They kind of tie in number seven. This can be a confronting question. Am I proud of the way I live my life? So is the way that I typically do life, The way that I treat people, the way that I treat myself, the way that I manage my body and my health, the things that I say the things that I purport to be or the things that I purport to value, are my values and beliefs aligned with how I actually live. Is my day to day behavior a reflection of who I want to be and who I say I am and how I want to be? Because when the way that I live is a reflection of my values and beliefs and purpose, then I'm living in alignment number eight. What is my body telling me? It's a no brainer. We've all got one. You've got one, I've got one. You can't get a new one. I can't get a new one. That's your only bloody addition, your best look after it. It's always talking to you. It's telling you something. It's smart, it's a genius. It knows, and it's trying to tell you. And subconsciously, deep down it's prodding you.
Speaker 1: And you know.
Speaker 2: And there are some of you listening to this, And no, I'm not a prophet, and I don't have any incredible insight, but I just know this statistically, there are people listening to this right now who are putting their metaphoric fingers.
Speaker 1: In their ears.
Speaker 2: And some of you, hopefully you won't, but some of you may very well, wait till shit goes horribly wrong before you pay attention to your body. And the reason I know that is because it happens all the time. It happens all the time all around the world. And I have trained and worked with and coached and counseled thousands of people who have waited until stuff fell apart, until the catastrophe. Don't wait for a catastrophe. Don't wait for stuff to break. Question nine? Question nine is this what are my results telling me? Your results are your feedback, your data that kind of gives you insight into what's working and what's not, what's efficient and what's not. So just like your body is always telling you something, so your bank balance balance is telling you something. Your relationships are telling you something. The way that you work your results at work, the way that you study your academic results. Like your life is a source of feedback, your world is all.
Speaker 1: Always telling you something. Pay attention.
Speaker 2: Last one for the moment is what's one uncontrollable What's one thing that isn't in your control that you waste energy on. I'll say it again, what's one thing that you have no control over that you consistently waste energy?
Speaker 1: On.
Speaker 2: That could be the weather, that could be other people, that could be that could be dickheads on social media. It could be a million things. What's that thing that you need to let go of, stop wasting energy on so.
Speaker 1: That you can do better, think better, and create better. There we go, self examination. Enjoyed a team Cinemarah