Speaker 1: Oh I get Hey, friends, welcome to the podcast. So we cover absolutely everything that can be covered that's somewhat interesting. For example, we've done a weather chat. We've also done a chip chat in terms of the best chips in Adelaide. We've done a shower chat as well, in terms of the water that falls out of the sky. Up next, of course is sub chat.
Speaker 2: Yeah you missed out on cane to chat too. We've done that this week.
Speaker 1: Because who knew that the little guys came all the way from Hawaiki back in the day.
Speaker 2: This sub situation is pretty dire and we don't mean to make light of it, but someone who was making light of.
Speaker 3: It is the sun of one of the billionaires on the sub.
Speaker 1: And then who's giving some special commentary on that? Of course, did you say, Cardi B who saw this going on?
Speaker 3: I'm glad you edited that too.
Speaker 4: I enjoy this. Mabby from the newsroom is in good morning this morning.
Speaker 1: This minisub or submersible story is captivating the world.
Speaker 3: It's a little wild, isn't it.
Speaker 5: So there's a little bit of hope overnight, but basically they've heard more noise, so they're obviously banging or something trying to help the rescuers find them. But we're down to less than twenty hours of oxygen left for the five people on board, so we're sort of getting to crunch time, and the US Coast Guard are putting obviously all available resources into try and find them.
Speaker 3: But yeah, we're getting to the point where they need to be found. Is it true that even if it popped to the surface, right, it's all bolted in.
Speaker 2: There's like seventeen massive bolts on the outside, so they even if they get up, they can't get out.
Speaker 3: Nah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So so even if they get out, they're like, no, we're forever.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, they can be said.
Speaker 5: But it's not like even if it popped up on the water, it's not like they just quickly open.
Speaker 3: A we can breathe. They can't get out. It's all bolted Wow. Side, who would sign up to this trip?
Speaker 4: Billionaires? Mate?
Speaker 5: And the fact the thing that what makes me just go, what the hell is it? It's controlled by a literally a thirty dollars gaming control Like are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? And also they paid three hundred thousand dollars each three hundred and eighty five thousand each and.
Speaker 1: If it's anything like my household back in the day, as soon as something slightly goes wrong with the controller, you throw it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I reckon, that's what's happened.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's un a thoughtun year old kids sitting there with that control going this doesn't even work, banged.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable stuff behind the scenes as well, this is unbelievably intriguing. The step son of Hamish Harding, who was the English billionaire.
Speaker 4: His name is Brian.
Speaker 3: Brian.
Speaker 1: He's on social media and he's really going in different directions with just how remorseful he is.
Speaker 2: So if you if you put yourself in the position where one of your parents is missing, it'd be sticking by the phone, wouldn't you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's Brian doing? Would you be posting?
Speaker 1: And if you are posting and you start off, you know, quite wholesome, saying thoughts and preyers all those types of things, that's completely fair enough, But then you sort of go, what do you have some time off from being remorseful? So this is big bad Brian's post And obviously he's a big blink one, a too fan. I mean goodness, gracious, who isn't it so? Bryan tweeted, it's at Blink one A too. He said, my step dad Hamish, she is on the submarine lost at sea. I'm devastated, but coming to the stand Yadak Show tonight to see you guys and give me hope.
Speaker 4: And cheer me up. Let's go see Blink one A two.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to have a few hours off, yeah, from being really upset about my stepdad.
Speaker 4: I'm going to go see the Blink Eyes.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, if Cheryl Smith was in a sub trapped, she would absolutely stab me in the face if she had got out and I had gone to a concert.
Speaker 3: He's completely outrageous, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What's even more outrageous is the fact that, based on this bloke and what he's doing, you'll never guess who's responded, Yeah, you got it right, Cardi b.
Speaker 4: Every time something comes up. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Cardie was pretty vocal as well on social media in relation to her thoughts on this particular boat.
Speaker 6: So one of the billionaires there's missing on the water from that submarine. One of the billionaires, their stepson is that I've been when needed to concert and people say, well, what is he supposed to do?
Speaker 3: Be sad?
Speaker 6: At the house. Is he supposed to go all for himself. Yes, you're supposed to be at the house sad. You're supposed to be crying for me. You're supposed to be right next to the phone waiting to hear any updates about me.
Speaker 2: Of course, of course, of course. And I happen to know for a fact you cut that a little short, Producers because she got.
Speaker 3: Real colorful with her language.
Speaker 1: Cartie, Oh my gosh, who saw that coming?
Speaker 4: Imagineting sprayed by Cardi B.
Speaker 3: But I would hope.
Speaker 2: That if the day comes that I'm trapped in a submarine and one of my kids goes, I'm going to a concert, Cardi B.
Speaker 7: Leaps to my defence. Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean. Absolutely, I would love that. I just hope that if I'm trapped in the submarine. They have this one repeat from Let's Chat about one of the most people that we've ever experienced as.
Speaker 8: Barty manns legs.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's got his legs.
Speaker 1: That's beautiful, Shane warning wrong enoughter wrong, and then it closed one out Why into the ro look at that.
Speaker 4: Turnback Joe's question without notice.
Speaker 1: One of the most famous or maybe the most famous an iconic sportsman of this country has ever produced.
Speaker 3: Shane Kenneth Moore.
Speaker 4: Well Done, Got In Won?
Speaker 1: Two part series coming up on Channel nine so Sunday Monday night. It is called the drama series Warny and we're very lucky to be speaking to the star of the show this morning. You've probably known from his some of just some of these bits of work, and that is for playing for Keeps, the Underbelly series Chopper and of course on Home and Away.
Speaker 4: It's Alex Williams. Good morning mate here guys, how you doing.
Speaker 3: We're doing really well, thanks Alex.
Speaker 2: Can you talk us through the audition process for this role?
Speaker 9: Yeah? Sure, So basically just you know, the audition came through my agent and we circled that quickly as thinking that you know, it was a look that you know, I could achieve and a kind of world that I knew pretty well, you know, growing up being a massive cricket fan and a big fan of Shane anyway, so yeah, I definitely circled it and was pretty excited to get into it.
Speaker 1: I wanted to ask you about that, mate, how important is it for you when you're getting into character to know the character and like you said, be into Shane warn because I can imagine what frustrates me is when you see actors playing sports characters and they're really bad at the action.
Speaker 4: The action.
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah, to be honest, it really annoys me as well, especially being a big sports fan and then being an actor. When you see it, it's really frustrating. They just don't move like athletes and whatnot. So then when you know, my tam came for this, so I worked really really hard the short amount of time that I had to make sure that you know, I got that action, it's an iconic action as close as I could to his action. So I had some great mentors. I had Bryce McGain you know it tests play it down in Melbourne helping me out. Men Sock Steven O'Keefe up in Sydney well, so as some guys who were pretty close to him and knew his action pretty well helped me out, which was great.
Speaker 2: I was just looking at some of the promo photos Alex and I had to double take. I was like, is that actually a photo of Shane or is that a photo of you?
Speaker 3: The likeness is striking.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: The costume and makeup team that did a really great work. I think we had a great basis given. You know, I looked relatively similar to him anyway, but what they did to sort of elevate that, to make him look or to make me look more and more like him, you know.
Speaker 1: I was really happy with Hey, Alex and Steve Okaff, give you a nice little insight and help me get into character for warning, some character off the field as well.
Speaker 9: No comments.
Speaker 2: Did you have to study his study up on some of the scandals that he went through and were you a bit like, oh my god, I didn't realize that happened, or he was sort of a cross or the off field gear?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I look like most people.
Speaker 9: I felt like I knew everything you know about Chain Warm because I grew up with him, and you know, you sort of saw it all as it happened, a lot of it anyway. And then once you actually start delving into the specifics and reading the biographies and whatnot, you realize just how much you don't know and how many little specifics are in there. And I think that's what's great about this show is you know, as much as people think they know everything about it, I guarantee you there'll be something that they don't And that's kind of the fun little trip down, you know with nostalgia that this show's about Alex.
Speaker 1: You're one of the best actors in this country. But with this particular role, is it extra pressure? Like as soon as this sort of came out without even know any details, a few mates and I discussed and straight away we all said, all cheese, this is this is a tough role.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there is pressure, Like I'd be lying if I said that it wasn't. But like, ultimately him meant a lot to me growing up, and so I think the way.
Speaker 4: That I sort of looked at it is like there's.
Speaker 9: External pressure, sure, but no one's going to put more pressure on me than me when taking this role. And that's kind of why I took it, because I've kind of felt like I was the best guy for the job and I wanted to honor his legacy.
Speaker 4: Alex. Congratulations with the role. Mates.
Speaker 1: It's such a big, iconic role and we can't wait to watch it so Sunday, Monday night on Channel nine. Thanks for stopping him, mates, and we'll chat again really soon.
Speaker 9: Thanks guys.
Speaker 2: Have you checked out what if dot COM's a Top ten Winter weekend?
Speaker 3: Is yet?
Speaker 4: How good is it what Tip.
Speaker 3: Blond System's in there? Camera Ken's tweetheads.
Speaker 4: The book you went to get away on the wad? You fat?
Speaker 3: What if it's Ouzzie for travel.
Speaker 4: Jode's You were very busy yesterday you're in Craigmore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, to the residents of Craigmore, what just high drama out there yesterday. So we got a call out there at about ten thirty eleven o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 3: Reports of a siege.
Speaker 2: And so basically when we got the Star Wars officers, we're outside the house. Now, if you've ever seen Star Wars in action, it is the most intimidating thing you'll ever see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, if they're involved in it's something unbelievably serious.
Speaker 2: So well, it was incredibly serious, and from my understanding, there was a guy that barricaded himself in the house and was threatening to blow it up. So staff was obviously taking that incredibly seriously. We were initially allowed in the park across the road and then Bang at one point was like this is escalated. You guys need to move back behind a car yep, and so the cameraman and I hastily moved back. They shut the adjoining businesses, so they had to pull down their shutters, so that was shut down.
Speaker 3: The whole thing was cordon off.
Speaker 2: They expanded the cordon and so we're watching this all unfold over the course of about eight hours.
Speaker 3: So the guy was in his.
Speaker 2: House obviously, the police negotiators were with him as well, trying to talk him out, talk him down, trying to come to a peaceful resolution, and so, to be quite honest with you and quite quite frank, I don't know how it all came to an end.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: So was he throughout the process? Was he active on social media?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Wow.
Speaker 1: It's some aleevable because you think as well, even when you're under craigm or just a quiet little place and something like this happened, it doesn't seem like it just seems like something you see on the movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really felt like that when you were in the midst of it, and you know, it got to school pick up, So it got to about three o'clock and everyone's like, oh my god, all the kids are going to be walking around and all that sort of stuff. So they had to divert all the buses yesterday or the public transport around Craigmore as well, So it was just really hectic and quite frightening scenes.
Speaker 3: To be honest, residents were evacuated from.
Speaker 2: Their homes, Like I spoke to the next door neighbor and they were kicked out early in the morning and they were trying to get back into their house because their dogs were there without water and all that sort of stuff. So it was so full on out at Craigmore yesterday, I can't underestimate it.
Speaker 1: So how did the residents react to news like that and no one sees something like this.
Speaker 2: Happening, Yeah, absolutely not, And they just wanted information, it was the whole thing. But I think because it was such a tense situation and such a tumultuous situation, police weren't really forthcoming with facts to the residents. So I genuinely don't know. By the time I left, I don't know if they got back into their houses last night. I don't actually know what happened, and what happened with the man as well hasn't been reported on in the Advertiser, so I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: That is an unbelievable situation and not quite your stock stand at Wednesday.
Speaker 2: No, it really wasn't. But part of the perils of being in that particular siege environment is there's no toilets, and so I had to hit up the hairdressers in the local business and I said to you mine and she's like yes, yes.
Speaker 4: She said customers only.
Speaker 2: She said you use the toilets out the bag. So to Chloe from Raw Hair and Beauty, who made me a coffee because it was so cold yesterday and the rain was pelting down, thank you, bless you.
Speaker 3: I love you. Please go and support her business.
Speaker 1: There absolutely unbelievable situation in Craigmore. So stay glued to your sets for more information. For more information does come here this morning. Of course we'll get it without me the news run.
Speaker 2: And of course if you're in Craigmore and the situation is still going on, please give us call.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty fourten love an update. You've got a time machine.
Speaker 1: On this day, Thursday, the train has officially departed. We're heading down the route of knowledge. Who's aboard that's you. Jodie's driving this point. Well, that's interesting.
Speaker 4: You're what you train license.
Speaker 1: Let's go back to nineteen fifty three on this day, that is the twenty second of June. Bruce McAvaney, the Great Bruce mcavanni is born in Adelaide. Today's his seventieth birthday.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday to one of the most beautiful men in media.
Speaker 1: What an absolute daw in he is and still at the absolute peak of his powers.
Speaker 2: And do you know what I love about him? He never wants to talk about himself. He's like, We'll make every conversation about the person he's talking to him.
Speaker 1: So unbelievable and you're like, no, no, Bruce, don't take this wrong. I just want to talk about you.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about you, want to talk about you, We want to talk about how cool you are.
Speaker 1: Nineteen thirty five Cane Toads we introduced in Australia at gordon Vale, New Cairns, when one hundred and one arrived from Hawaii.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that was a good idea, was it?
Speaker 1: In the end, I'm not really sure it was a great idea. They turned up from Hawaii and they're.
Speaker 4: Like, what's going on, guys?
Speaker 1: The game does turn up and they were like, Aloha, we've just come from Hawaii.
Speaker 3: We're from Wakiki.
Speaker 1: Any room for us, Sure, do what you want guys now they're everywhere. Ninety six too long a for footballer Gary Ablett became the fifth player to kick one thousand goals. Pop quiz for you, Jody or do you who are the other people in the thousand club?
Speaker 3: Okay, hang on, sorry, Gary Ablett's one.
Speaker 4: Yep, a thousand goals.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say, Jason Dunstill.
Speaker 4: Of course, yep, there's a recent one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going to say, Buddy Franklin. Ye, how many more are they? More?
Speaker 4: Tony Lockett, Tony Lockett, yep, was in there.
Speaker 3: And there's one more more. She just said to more, I.
Speaker 4: Don't think you're going to get this one. Gordon Coventry.
Speaker 3: Oh, I wouldn't have got Gordo Doug or Dougie Gordo.
Speaker 1: What an elite club that is two thousand? Marie Louise Kell was involved.
Speaker 3: Maria Luis Hill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's what I said. Mary.
Speaker 1: The wise here was evolved in embarrassing on your slip up during Channel Tens Brisbane News.
Speaker 3: Give them when he's kidding, okay on you, you're okay on it. I mean it's slightly.
Speaker 4: Time for the weather now, quite a warm day today. If it was a corker of a day. The sun was a magnet.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, I hate it when my husband wants to take me skiing in Sweatsland.
Speaker 3: Hate it, like what an ass?
Speaker 4: I know, seriously grow up and show some feelings, Like what is he even thinking?
Speaker 3: I wonder if they're still together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've actually never touched the snow.
Speaker 3: Oh that is unbelieved.
Speaker 4: I've never been to the snow.
Speaker 3: That is ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Never touched the snow.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have to make you do that at some point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've got it snow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, and then we'll have one of those snowball fights, like the.
Speaker 3: Doing Dumb and dum. Yeah, We'll all playfully throw.
Speaker 2: One at you, and then you're just going to pick it up and go back right.
Speaker 3: In my face.
Speaker 4: Do you play the role of Mary Swanson? Swam? He swims sixces?
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 1: One's on June twenty two and two thousand and nine was Poker Face by Lady Gaga, and everyone's like, hey the chorus, what's he saying?
Speaker 4: There's a boga base or something else?
Speaker 3: My name interesting?
Speaker 4: Listen carefully tell us what you think, gentleman.
Speaker 1: It's just two comrades choosing a song each and putting it out there to the public to get it, get it voted for, and then taking the chocolates, as I say, and really really carrying on like pork chops if you win.
Speaker 2: I guess what's really disappointing from my point of view is I feel like as a team, as co host.
Speaker 3: We should be happy for one another.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yeah, says the person who's winning. Yeah, you say that when you win, don't.
Speaker 2: You so angry and bitter already? You haven't even lost this week yet?
Speaker 4: Right now, it's a draw. I love that.
Speaker 1: I'll take it, all right, So one song eage. We'll put it on social media at Jodie and Hazy. You need to vote and also send us a TEXTO for nine nine nine one nine.
Speaker 4: All right, would you like to go first?
Speaker 3: I would like to. I might explain a couple of the lyrics to my song before we.
Speaker 2: Reveal it, okay, and it'll click with everyone.
Speaker 3: What my song is.
Speaker 2: But anyway, you know this line. It says, well, you know you famous when you can kill your wife And there's no such thing as twenty five to life as long as you've got the pashed cash to pay for Cochran. That's about Johnny Cochran, who was the attorney that represented O. J. Simpson and got him acquitted of murdering the Cole Brown. Okay, yeah, so that's from my song.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic, so enthusiastic about potentially getting away with murdering your spouse.
Speaker 2: Anyway, of course, it's Good Charlotte. Lifestyles are the rich and the famous.
Speaker 4: It's a good song. It is a nice song.
Speaker 3: You hate it when you like it, don't you.
Speaker 4: I like it, but I don't love it. All right, Okay, you.
Speaker 2: Don't have to, but the good people of Adelaide do vote on Instagram hazy page.
Speaker 1: All right, Lifestyles of the rich and Famous from Good Charlotte up against my pick this week, which I mean, there's so many reasons to go for Blink one a too, which one just got pregnant to the drummer Courtney Courtney.
Speaker 4: That'll do. I'll go with that.
Speaker 1: Also, so this takes me back to when I was fourteen Enemer of the State came out.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, the album remember.
Speaker 1: That's got the nurse and the front putt in the glove one fourteen year old.
Speaker 4: You're like, man, she's so hot. Oh man.
Speaker 1: This is obviously the pin up song All the Small Things and that. So that was nineteen ninety nine. It was actually cool to own the album. Yeah, And I remember going to school and one of my mates had the album and he was showing everyone.
Speaker 3: We're like, that's crazy, bro, it's crazy, brother.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah. Also, this is the song get around It.
Speaker 2: It's also okay, so the title of it, would you get away with that?
Speaker 3: These days? The enema of the state. You know what an anima is? Right?
Speaker 4: What's an I'm not.
Speaker 5: Doing this anymore, Jody, that's all yours to explain.
Speaker 3: I did the rain this morning. You explained that one.
Speaker 4: Sure I have not said that. It's the title of an album.
Speaker 3: Who wants to explain it to him? Do I have to do?
Speaker 4: I have to let's go to you in the news room.
Speaker 3: She doesn't want to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I'm out for this one. I'm not kidding. I clock go for a year here. I'm not getting myself iRED.
Speaker 3: She passed a probation?
Speaker 2: Is she?
Speaker 3: Or she is going? How that happened?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 3: Six months ago? Thank you? Okay?
Speaker 2: So an enema is something that it is administered when you can't have a bowel movement, so you can't go to the toilet.
Speaker 4: I thought you're going to go down a real darker path than that.
Speaker 3: What this is a dark path?
Speaker 4: Hey? Hey, good song, though.
Speaker 5: You practically play the whole song anyway, the purpose Battle of the Bay, I did that on purpose.
Speaker 4: Okay, here you go, alright, two options?
Speaker 1: You got last styles of the vitch and famous yea by good Charlotte's or all the small things by blink one a two?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, you can google Enema in.
Speaker 1: The break, get voting as of riots now jump on at Jodie and Hazy and.
Speaker 4: Also send us a text. So for nine one nine weeking story this town has seen is huge.
Speaker 2: Bronzen has had a less than still a start to the week after police announce a man had urinated and defecated in his neighbor's yard before entering the bond actor's.
Speaker 3: Property to clean up.
Speaker 10: Somewhat.
Speaker 3: It seems that odds and counterproductive, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Did you just seek that way beautifully to that particular man who did the defecating.
Speaker 4: Did he have an enemy beforehand? Yes? And then went to Prosen's.
Speaker 3: House precisely what happened.
Speaker 4: Wow, Okay, it all makes sense. So.
Speaker 2: Law enforcement sources said that County sheriff deputies rushed to the Actors of State in Malibu on Monday afternoon after receiving reports of a man on Bronson's property.
Speaker 1: Think about that, is someone turns up to your place and steals the whole hoop stuff. You go, cool, they're stealing things. Yeah, it's replaceable. Yeah, someone turns up to your place and craps on it. That's personal. That is so unbelievably person Really hard not to.
Speaker 2: Take that personal, isn't it.
Speaker 4: A mad Bond fan?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm doing this on behalf of Daniel.
Speaker 3: Anyway. That's that.
Speaker 2: I'm not really sure as to the resolution of that story.
Speaker 3: So just do that run down to the beach.
Speaker 2: Anthony Albanezi has revealed he'll be one of the thousands trying to get tickets to the Taylor Swift concert. Do you remember him talking about Taylor last year and the things that he's learnt from Taylor Swift.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, So here's a Taylor Swift comment for you.
Speaker 3: My theory is shake it off good.
Speaker 4: Only imagine him just dancing along with the concert.
Speaker 1: How awkward and gross it would be just with his jerky dad movements.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and just being like, now we've got bad blurred let's stop it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not fun to think about that, all.
Speaker 2: Juice said, Let's talk about Josh for Shelley, and he has signed a new deal with the Adelaide Crows for.
Speaker 3: How long Andrew?
Speaker 1: Well, it's a big old extension which ties him to the club until at least the end of twenty twenty nine. So the future looks bright for the Crows and Josh for Shelley.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly right. What would that be worth?
Speaker 10: Ay?
Speaker 3: You reckon?
Speaker 4: That's such a good question speculate, shall we?
Speaker 1: And those who pretend to know actually don't know. So I mean between four and eight hundred a year?
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: That's so vague, isn't it.
Speaker 3: That's really narrowed it down. Oh dear, that's the air.
Speaker 2: We had the same conversation when I said, how much are you on Andrew to work on Nova? Really vague about your answer?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm at about four hundred and fifty thousand repeat a year.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 2: The whole board of the Josh for Shelley chat is the fact that there's a group of guys that have got together and they've put together like a little is it a TikTok?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So they put together these little videos they're called Kick It Forward. So it's a bunch of blokes from Perth led by Josh he used to be a Fox Sports reporter.
Speaker 4: See him.
Speaker 1: He's mate, including a boy called Harry Fitzgerald who's in the no Over family.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, works at Nover and Perth.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: This is their little spin off fun saying Josh for Shelley on the Telly.
Speaker 4: Shelley on the Telly. Would you say Josh for Shelley.
Speaker 10: Shelley on the Jelly on the belly, flying through the valley, singing nearly with a sup of Deli in and Deli Hitter belly with Bully belly.
Speaker 3: I thought it was Rachel.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. Up Kick it Forward on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Have a look at it because the best part of this little clip as well is Josh for Shelley dancing along to it.
Speaker 3: That is actually Josh. I didn't know if it was a Josh lookalike.
Speaker 1: No, they've got him on board because I've done a bunch of videos with all sorts of plays they did want with Jared Berry as well.
Speaker 4: From the Crows.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so all the players, when they get asked, they get around these videos because they're very, very funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah right.
Speaker 4: They give one with Kane Corns a couple of years ago when we were at Brilliant.
Speaker 2: But also I can't imagine Kane dancing. Kane wasn't dancing, was he?
Speaker 1: He wasn't dancing. But they got him to say a bunch of things. And this was in between our breaks. And then Kane came back and sat down and was like, I don't know what on earth he's going to do with that, but I just said the most random things in my life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, very good stuff.
Speaker 3: Anyway. Josh Shelley on the Telly, that's Critisen.
Speaker 4: Time to check in with one of our favorites.
Speaker 5: Do please welcome to Jody and Hazy Tom today.
Speaker 1: Ah here he is, Tom doo day, joins us. We assume from your bed, is it Tommy?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 9: Good morning.
Speaker 8: You have to grey that you got that.
Speaker 4: We're watching you.
Speaker 3: How are you feeling to me?
Speaker 8: Yeah, better than I've been a pretty quiet week. I obviously don't do a whole lot post surgery, but progressed from walking around with a big brace on with crutches to now just the crutches, so I don't have a big ugly blue brace around, which is good. And exercises are getting better and pain's getting better. So each days at a little bit better and step in the right direction, which has been good.
Speaker 2: Talk us through the pain release. I assume you would have had a fair bit. Do you have any sort of adverse effects or does it make you a bit loopy?
Speaker 4: So you're going to say, do you have any excess.
Speaker 8: I actually did watch a movie called A Good Person recently, which is about a oxy addict, and I was literally as I was watching it, I took an end on it and I was just looking at a strain.
Speaker 4: Gum.
Speaker 8: This is probably not the best movie. But no, I've got pretty much no adverse effects, which is good. I'm sort of pure pain release, so I just stick to the every six hour mark, take it to help me sleep, and then yeah, to move on with my day, which I'm very thankful for because I know a lot of people doesn't agree with them and they have to find a solution.
Speaker 1: Hey, Tommy, the fact that you know what you're about to go through, does that make it easier or harder? Giving you've had a knee reconstruction before.
Speaker 8: I think in the early stages it's probably easier because I know it's quite a long Even the first few weeks you sort of last time, I remember feeling I was so far away from playing again. But this stage, at this stage, I know that these early parts you just have to basically get your flection back, at your extension back, learn how to walk again, and then the hard stuff begins. But in terms of the whole twelve months, it's definitely worse to know because it's not fun than the first The first probably month when you're learning to walk again, it's okay. The next month you're sort of building up your strength to run, and then after about the third month when you run, it's pretty much a grind for the next seven seven eight months. So knowing that that's ahead of me is no fun. But early days probably helpful to know that I've got a long way to go.
Speaker 3: How do you go? As a spectator?
Speaker 2: So the crow you've got calling, which is a big match on Sunday, do you watch it?
Speaker 8: I went on Saturday against West Coast two weeks ago. That was that was hard. I don't I don't enjoy watching footy at the best of times I'm much more of a sort of switch off and watch a movie. But when it's my own team, it's sort of like it's a bit of both, because I feel if they're winning, I'm excited, but then I'm also I want to be a part of that. And then if they're losing, it's obviously not good, but then I know that I can't help, so it's even worse. So sometimes I probably don't just what. I don't watch for that exact reason, but I'll be watching on I'll be watching Vince first Collingwood just because I think it's such a big game for our season and I feel like we're a chance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know exactly what you're saying, Tommy, I'm a different level. But in the sample two thousand and six, so I got dropped for the Grand Final, so it was the Dogs up against the Eagles, and of course I was playing for the Dogs, but I was in the stands going.
Speaker 4: And I pretended to be sad.
Speaker 8: That's not surprising at all.
Speaker 3: Two very different personalities you and tom.
Speaker 1: Hey, Tommy, what about some of your teammates in particularly the young bokes. So everyone's getting a contract at the minute.
Speaker 8: Yeah, how was that honestly, we're gonna We're gonna email, but let its know like that that the news is happening before it gets released. Just start with another playing group and the football staff across it and feel like it's not just not just learning with the rest of the public. And it's spent a million email every day letting us know that some young blin's signed off. So it's good we I don't know whether we bunch the more together for that specific reason, like so that it looks like that, but the fact that all these blokes are signing on without any hesitation, even with years left on their deals as a positive, and they obviously like the direction the club's going.
Speaker 2: Our favorite has been Joshua Shelley this week, purely because it inspired a little TikTok video. I don't know if you've heard this, but we'll play it for you right now, Tommy.
Speaker 4: Right Shelley on the Telly, Would you say josh for Shelley.
Speaker 10: Shelley on the flying through the Valley singing nearly with the Sup with Deli in and out.
Speaker 3: I thought it was Rachel.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, shut Tommy, are you familiar with josh Go up and kick it?
Speaker 4: Forwards work good.
Speaker 8: Actually, he did a he did a video with Sam Berry about tackling We were a First Lady and that was Yeah, that was one of the I hadn't seen much of him before that, but that was one of the funniest things I've seen.
Speaker 3: And the best part if.
Speaker 8: You go back and watch that video is watch Jakes the lego is acting, because he he's potentially the worst actor I've ever seen, and it made the video that much better. So yeah, I do actually know, but I didn't see that for Shelley video. Thanks thanks for playing that. Yeah, b in my morning.
Speaker 2: Right, maybe we should rally to get them, get them to do one about you, Tommy, because there's a lot that rides rhymes with DoD.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to say, let's go.
Speaker 8: Something like no no healthy a cls between him someff like that.
Speaker 1: It's a different path. Hey, before we let you go, Tommy. Obviously, you're a man who enjoys the watching the screens. What's what's taking up your time with the monent? What movie is watching?
Speaker 8: I actually I'm a little bit disappointed. I've only watched I think I've watched about seven movies since surgery, so it's been a week since and I've only watched seven movies, which for me is just not not good going. I need I need to get better at that I did. I have started. I've never got around to The Wire season five, which I know The Wire is probably more of your your two eras, so you might have come across that in your journey. But I watched forty two, The Jackie Robinson bio Pick, Theory of Everything, The Stephen Hawk and Bio Pick, those two that I've been being to get to for a while, and they were they were solid, good quality movies. Smile, which which the horror movies from last year was just atrocious. Don't bother with that? By the Covenant, The Covenant. Watch that the guy Richie like war movie on Amazon Prime.
Speaker 1: See that a go Okay, Well jeez, and apparently this is you being lazy with it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you'd hate to see what it's like when I'm.
Speaker 3: All right, Tommy, thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 2: We know it's not the best time for you to be jumping on and doing interviews, so we really appreciate it.
Speaker 8: Thanks, guys, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: We had a nice little school visit during the week to Sir John Bosco in Brooklyn Park, and what a bunch of absolute little champions.
Speaker 3: They were little legends.
Speaker 4: They were all right, let's recap.
Speaker 2: Hazy and I headed out to Sir John Bosco School for our handball blitz and they were so excited to see us they forgot our names.
Speaker 3: Obviously.
Speaker 4: The kids had this fun clap thing.
Speaker 3: Boy did we get a kick out of it?
Speaker 1: You guys before so, can I just write something you ready?
Speaker 3: Can I know it as well? Ready?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 3: Hands down some of the best clapping I've ever.
Speaker 4: All fooling around. Time for business. We were there for year five students.
Speaker 3: Faith, thank you so.
Speaker 2: Much for having us out here today. It's so much funding these school visits. And a big round of applause to Faith who entered via then Nova play.
Speaker 3: Good work, Faith, thanks for getting around us.
Speaker 4: Guys, hands.
Speaker 7: Yes, Joy, good start.
Speaker 4: And those kids that don't you better watch out?
Speaker 3: Why don't you?
Speaker 2: It was time to see if Faith had the right stuff to be our handball champion.
Speaker 3: What we're going to do in just a second is we're going to go outside.
Speaker 2: We're going to have a little handball competition with Faith, and we'll let Faith choose who she wants to partner up with to take on Hazy and I we need a teacher to be an umpire as well, So who do we think should be the umpire?
Speaker 3: These kids are getting a bit rowdy. How on earth will we get their attention? Got hello us?
Speaker 1: Of course it was also a very special day for a star of the silver screen.
Speaker 3: Before we take off, I want to do one more thing.
Speaker 2: It is someone very special birthday today and.
Speaker 3: It's not it's Hazy birthday today.
Speaker 11: So would you join me in singing Happy birthday?
Speaker 4: Thank you? My friends.
Speaker 3: We just have a question down here, how old are you?
Speaker 4: How old do you think I am? I'm thirty eight eight. I've actually at.
Speaker 2: Thirty eight hundred birthday aside, it was time for some handy.
Speaker 4: We're going to go and play some amble.
Speaker 11: Yeah yeah, thank you guys. Thanks again to thank for registering and thank you so much for having us today and for singing happy birthday to hate you.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys. I just wanted to do one last thing just before we go as well. Of course, as we usually end conversations with it like, we'd love to do it over.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's go, very good South.
Speaker 4: Thanks so good mates as well, McGain real Estate.
Speaker 1: McGain real Estate massive supporters of local making difference all over essays, selling your home trust McGain, empty details by the novaplayer, and you could be our next handball champion.
Speaker 4: We could come to your school as well.
Speaker 3: This would not be happening without McGain.
Speaker 2: And I'm going to start doing this in the studio when I want you to shut up?
Speaker 4: What am I doing this?
Speaker 1: Tomorrow, big show, right, Fitzgerald's going to join us, Nervous, pay your bills returns.
Speaker 4: It's going to be a hell of a time.
Speaker 2: We collectively as a group said this Friday, we're going to.
Speaker 3: Go off, go right off, right off our nurries.
Speaker 1: Let's see what at eight o'clock we're certainly going to go off because we're going to reveal our battle of the bangs.
Speaker 3: We just get your head, it's okay. Tomorrow is also bring your dog to work day. He's doing that. Are you ringing? Tank?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We can little visit from Tank.
Speaker 3: I've got to bring Tory too, So will be two of them here all the Marrea. Two sausage dogs running around the studio. Yeah.
Speaker 2: God, that's what happens mostly during the weeks, Just two little sausage doors, more sausages.
Speaker 5: I don't know, like, maybe maybe I will. They're home on their own, we'll see. I might give you a surprise.
Speaker 3: To row morning.
Speaker 4: Yes, very nice. Just don't let Tank bit anyone for goodness sake.
Speaker 5: He'll barkay, so you'll walk in and he'll lose his mind at you, but then he'll be best friend five minutes after all right, And he jumps around like a little.
Speaker 3: Kangaroo at the moment, so he's still learning to walk again, just like his owner. Yeah, pretty well.
Speaker 5: They say that they say that dogs take after their owners, and.
Speaker 3: That is very true.
Speaker 4: That from why is Tank got resting? Bitch face?
Speaker 3: My friends,