Speaker 1: How I Welcome to the day Teller Error podcast on Brent reed On a bit snippling apologies, joined by Tyson Jackson Pam Whaling twice in Jackson, I got the struggle you out. I'm stuffed up anyway? You been good? Yeah? Good? What do you think I know? On Thursday? But it's near for it really yeah, it's for me.
Speaker 2: I love it, like all little bits and pieces in there.
Speaker 3: I like the memorabilia.
Speaker 1: I just realized I'd like to see the Queensland jersey somewhere.
Speaker 4: Please the Queensland half a scarf, Just half a scarf.
Speaker 1: We'll take that up. We don't deserve the jersey or scuff after where we played last Wednesday. Anyway, footy on the weekend we should start. Let's start with the Roosters Tigers game. Roosters a game they've been outstanding the past month or so. But the big news out of that game is probably Jerry Marno a couple of fractured bones in his hand need surgery to be out for four to five weeks. Huge blow for the for the rust of Joey, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Huge, huge blow.
Speaker 4: He's obviously probably their best player, isn't he so they're absolutely flying at the moment though, But over the last couple of years, do you reckon they've had so many injuries and then have just been able to cover them. They just have had such a bad run.
Speaker 2: But yeah, how long is he out for? Four weeks?
Speaker 1: Four to five weeks? Are saying surgery four to five weeks. So it is one area there that they are reasonably well. Billy Smiths out as well, I suppose, and Joey Joke's SU's still got I think a week to go on. Yeah, so I was going to say the reason were deep there, but they've actually got some injuries.
Speaker 4: Yeahs as well as Yeah he's out too.
Speaker 3: And is suspended as well.
Speaker 1: Yes, yep. So concerned for you, Tys or not really?
Speaker 3: I think that the Rusters are saying to click clack.
Speaker 5: I think we've we saw similarly in twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen when they won the comps. So yeah, like I'm not too concerned because I think around the park they've got places to cover. I think if they end up having to put Michael Jennings in there, they can still get the job done or whoever they really call up with the Risks. It's almost like that penwith mentality next next man in. At the moment they're on so much of a high I think will take more than Joe Manto getting injured to.
Speaker 1: Really be a bad time to make a Penrith reference. But we'll get to their may.
Speaker 2: What's the draw like over the next couple of Yeah, it was playing.
Speaker 1: I don't think it really matters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think so either.
Speaker 1: I mean Brandon's Smith's been back last couple of weeks. I think he's been standing for the Brandon.
Speaker 3: Smith Victor Radley at second row.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is interesting. I always thought he was really good in the thirteen, but he's been greater on the edge, isn't he.
Speaker 5: I think just Robinson's fighting a way to fit kind of their best thirteen on the field. And that's I think with Connor Watson on there, because Connor has been playing out of his skin as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so they have the Dragons and then a bye, so that's during Origin and then Melbourne and then Manly.
Speaker 1: That's a big game that Melbourne. Yeah, Robbo's record against Craig Bellamy is horrific. I think he's lost a heap in a row.
Speaker 4: So that would be that would be Origin players backing up, So that's on the Saturday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they might rest a few both both those teams in that game. But yeah, the way they play, they just spit rampant at times, and you know, they they just got so much strike, haven't they, particularly they're outside backs. But the other guy, Angus Crichton's been killing it. He's close to doing a two year deal there. They expect that to be done in the next twenty four to forty eight hours. Obviously that's huge for them, but it means probably Satilly pana Leaves he played, he played sending us. Yeah, yeah, so, I mean, I don't know, is there any concerned that that might be a bit of a disruption for them?
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know. Not. I don't think so.
Speaker 5: I mean, you're just like I said before, everyone's just striking at the right time. This is this is where kind of premierships are won and losses in this middle part of the season, especially round Origin. So I can't really see any disruption to the Roosters at the moment. I'm I'm the Tigers of what's memorable, memorized by what I'll get.
Speaker 1: To them.
Speaker 4: PTSD. Yeah, I don't think so either. I think yeah, I was. I had my doubts about the Rusters at the start of this year. I think maybe it was fair to just considering, you know, last year and they still kind of have the same roster. They added in Dom Young obviously, but wow, they've just really clicked together this year, even though they've obviously had some they've been pretty hit pretty hard with injuries in that back line. They're the type of team that you just trust to scrape through.
Speaker 1: It's interest for that back line. Because the world card and all this, I suppose is Mark. I've got to get his name right. I've financially done here. So let's look at No. One. Ni Tawasi, the rugby young Wallaby's kid, is the russ signing for next year. They're trying to get he's going to the Olympic Olympics. We believe we're going to the Olympics with the seventh team. The rooster are trying to get an exemption for him to sign for them and then after the Olympics are over, come back and play for them. Now, normally this wouldn't be allowed, right because there's a June thirty cutoff. You've got to be signed and registered before June thirty. I think that obviously today's July won. As I said, they're trying to get an exemption for him come back and play. Do we have an issue with that? Do you have a concern that they make an exception for they're automating excepts for the russ which Josua Lee to play before he was eighteen. Now you've got potentially Mark Norngan. It's no longer need to ARSI coming back and helping them in the run in the finals. Any concerns, I don't think it's fair.
Speaker 2: I think that's a rule for a reason.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree with that. I don't I don't think. I don't think they need him. So what's it's like, we're just bringing someone in to say we've got him for this year, like and realistically, well, I think.
Speaker 1: The idea is get him in so you can upscale him so he's ready next for the start of the next year.
Speaker 5: There's no rules you can't start training with them. There's no rule against that because clubs bringing people to train.
Speaker 3: With them all the time. So people who does Mark take.
Speaker 5: Out of that rooster's side At the moment, I can't really see anyone. When Joey comes back, Sowali comes back, he'll be in there. When man Who comes back, he'll be in there. Tupo and Dom Young aren't going anywhere. You're not moving him to fullback, So where are you using him? You're just bringing him in to be an extra number. I think for the Rusters there's no point going through the headache of trying to get him over as well.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts.
Speaker 1: I'm a bit with you. The only issue is if they get an injury potentially comes into contention, If you're give him the exemption so he's allowed to play potentially, then you know, I think it probably creates a little bit an unfair.
Speaker 2: That's what I think.
Speaker 4: If he's going to be eligible to play, yeah, then I think that that's not really fair.
Speaker 5: If they went on a horrid injury runs, it's a different story. Right now, they've lost all their outside backs. You can kind of be like, well, maybe they could use him, but there's no need for him currently. So in three months time, when their team's probably going to be more healthy than it is right now, there's gonna be no need for him then either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's talk about your Tigers I've been pretty good the last few weeks. This was a bit of a slap in the face. Were you obviously a couple of sin binsuring the game?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Was this this huge step back? Or was this because they had the teams they've beat and they hadn't I think there was the Titans and the Raiders, two teams who hadn't exactly been playing well, and then the next three weeks they've got tough games in the Melbourne. After this, I think they were cranella. So this is a real test the next three weeks. Was this worse than you'd hoped to be?
Speaker 5: Or every year that I see that rooster's game get brought up, I'm always kind of scared because I don't know what it is. But no matter how good we're doing at a time, how poorly roosters doing vice versa, they always just managed to put a score on us. I'm not one to believe in those kind of myths or anything, but it just does happen. But look, I thought after that first half the completions were quite high.
Speaker 3: The Tigers, just like the Risks were just better. I think there were. Then the second half comes along and you bring.
Speaker 5: In there at one point there's eleven on the field and silly penalties. I think they've got eleven twelve simbinnings now for the year. Like it just adds up and it compiles.
Speaker 2: It's frustrated, frustrating.
Speaker 5: I think yesterday, yesterday, yesterday's ones were I mean, Appys was a bit of a spear tackle, like I can kind of see.
Speaker 3: I didn't really.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought appy Appys was probably a simbitnting, just like from what we've seen consistent consistency. But then yeah, the adam do we want to he gets hit by his own player and just swung around. He doesn't actually drop on the back of the hip. I just think, yeah, I like the hip drop rule, but they've just got to be a bit more polish on it because like, what what is a hip drop like? Because he's been hit, swung around and then like basically he hasn't tried to drop back. He's just been swung around the back of it and and ended up falling back, which happens in footy. Like you know, I think if we're trying to prevent all injuries, like you're gonna get a head knock sometimes just by having a good tackle and ramming someone into the floor. You can't stop every hip drop, you can't stop every head knock.
Speaker 3: Like we just needs to be polish on it. At what costs though.
Speaker 5: Pam, Like you're telling me if if you know Stefano, Stefano is coming up to tackle someone, puts a good midshot on him, drives him into the floor, they get whiplash and hit their head. Are we going to start penalizing him for that? Are we going to start penalizing Uh? You know, Dominic Young has great leg drive, and that's why people are getting dragged around the back if they're not intentionally dropping their hip on someone like he's swung around there, not to try and drop him.
Speaker 3: Drop himself down.
Speaker 5: I don't feel I just feel there has to be, you know, a bit more polish on it, a bit more, a bit more black and white than what they're is.
Speaker 1: See. I have an issue with you. You know you said I think you use the word consistency before. You're never going to get consistency. I hate that word. It's impossible. You've got different people in the box, different people in the bunker, different people have different views. I look at that, Adam, do you tackle and I go, well, you know, I don't, I don't necessarily have a problem, Like if you.
Speaker 4: Don't think that's that's a hip drop to me because his legs are out, because as.
Speaker 3: Well he tried to drop down on the back of him though he.
Speaker 2: Dropped himself from falling back either I don't.
Speaker 1: Know whether or not. Then yeah, it's just that's the issue for me because I think the issue at the moment is the sinbinnings are so like, as I said, you're never going to have consistency, but they're so wildly inconsistent. Like you can narrow the gap between between you narry the level of inconsistency, but I think at the moment it's so wildly inconsistent. You know. I see some hip drops and I go, well, how's that going? Not in the bin? Then you see one potentially like that where you go, well, that's a bit linebore he goes to the bin. That's the issue for me. I don't I hate people talking about consistency drives me nuts because you'll never get at me right, and it's just like having two different officials in the in the bunk, then they never never going to necessarily agree. Some referees on the field, they're never going to be on the same page. But you need to reduce you need to have it at least minimal inconsistency. At the moment, it feels like to me, the inconsistency is just huge across games. So that's what I think they've got to work out. They've got to try and you know, but I mean, obviously it's been an issue all weekend, the sin beinnings and the six agains. Wayne brought it up last week with Paul Crawley in an interview on Fox Fox website on Fox Sports. Sorry, Ricky brought it up on Saturday night. Robbo's brought it up now, And yeah, I think there's been talking about summits and all sorts of stuff, which we tend this happens every year, right, see the issue over the six again. You're talking about getting rid of the six again, right, So six agains are given when a team infringes, you know, maybe infringes in the field of place, generally when line or you're coming off your line. It's in place for penalty and we're just going to see penalty.
Speaker 2: Blower, I know who wants to see that, not me. We had that and it was boring exactly, it's so bad.
Speaker 4: And this if we're getting more six agains, that just means we would get the same amount of penalties.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I watched the start of Origin. I'm a Queenslander, right, and people were bluing about the six agains at the start of Origin. I watched them back. They were if they weren't six agains, they were dead, said penalty, So you wouldn't have penalties given for them. So I don't know you.
Speaker 3: I like the six again.
Speaker 5: I think the game's gone better since and we were the game was yeah, like and I think that this starts to prove it the viewerships up. Look at the success the games had. Melbourne had ninety thousand, Las Vegas was packed. You know that that comes off the back of the new rules that have been brought into speed up the game. You talk to someone who hasn't watched the game of rugby league before and you show them.
Speaker 3: They're liking how fast it is.
Speaker 5: How how lack of stops there are, you know, things like that, and we're going to start to get to a point like rugby union where it is slow stop start, you know, stop starts off starting.
Speaker 1: Will you play the game, you play it on the six again? Do you when you're playing? Do you when six games are given?
Speaker 3: I hated if I'm on defense.
Speaker 1: Do you have any idea what they're for that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, like, yeah, look, and I aproably wouldn't say this whatever. I'm a serial pest around the ruck. I like laying on the ruck.
Speaker 3: Oh look, I tried to get out. I do talk to the referees. Yeah, so my good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but yeah, like they're they're helpful, you know, and they're better if you're getting penalties every three sets there. First of all, teams are going to be better at stopping because there's more breaks and more time to kind of recover, Like you see some of the scorelines we're having and things like that. It's good for the game, it's good for the quality of the Game's good for the insane. It's more fun to play. Yeah, I don't want to if a team's on a roll. A six again is a lot better than getting a penalty, kicking downfield, letting someone reset their whole defensive line and go again.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, enough of that, Enough of that, because we all agree we'll end up talking about consistency and it drives me insane. Let's get some love the Queensland because the Cowboys I've forgotten this. I think they lost five and the r at one point they won five with their last six past six and I mean I know Pend had a lot outside of the Cowboys. That was a big win win on Sunday. I mean they've they have turned the corner.
Speaker 2: Do anyone get this tip right?
Speaker 4: I think if you look at the Ladd think it's pretty safe to say though, if you tip Penrith at home right, because that's a pretty safe tip.
Speaker 3: I read.
Speaker 1: Look at the ladder. Now the Cowboys are done. They're in the eight because they've won. There's all those teams that one eight, seven, eight games. I think they've won nine. Because they've only had one ye from member, I think you can lock them away. They were top eight team now the Cowboys. So they really turned turned it around. Yeah, just at the start of the year. They're too excited. What true with the Cowboys?
Speaker 3: I was just asking me in a week's time like that, we've seen it. The last couple of they've been good.
Speaker 1: The last as I said, the last six, five of the last six.
Speaker 3: I think were good. The last two weeks we said, we said.
Speaker 4: Wonders about consistency, Like yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Just yeah, they're good at times other times that they're not.
Speaker 5: I really like Todd Payden as a coach, and like, I think there's definitely that potential to be, like you said, that lock for the top eight, but it's so heavily contested at the moment you've got mainly on the fringe.
Speaker 3: There, you know.
Speaker 5: I just think you've got to wait a couple of weeks see it out. Because five wins is great. We've seen teams go from five wins this year to go to four losses in a row like it does happen. So I'm not not too excited just yet.
Speaker 4: We've got Manly this week in Townsville.
Speaker 1: That's a big game because there are two teams locked in that race.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then I buy.
Speaker 1: It's interesting because Penrith I think it lost three. I think I heard this morning I lost three that passed five potentially Penrith, which is very unpendithed. Yeah, but I mean again, they've got Cleary to come back and assorted others. There's no real concern there is there, I don't think.
Speaker 3: So they're too far up the Ladder as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I'm not thinking for them of the Ape, but is there a concern that maybe maybe they're finally hitting a wall.
Speaker 5: I don't think they win the camp this year, but yeah, I'd probably be more inclined to back the Rooss to win the compover the Panthers.
Speaker 4: Interesting a different team than I think Cleary back.
Speaker 2: I don't think that they're done anywhere near it yet.
Speaker 1: He's loving his life at the moment we go on Instagram, his places even marry.
Speaker 2: Up on the so sweet dream in the Blue Mountains.
Speaker 1: It may never come back. A couple yea Dragons Dolphins. I was at this game yesterday. This was a good win for the Dragons because they actually had the breeze behind them. It was a reasonable breeze won in the first half and they did nothing with it. And the second half they were into the breeze and they just were all over the Dolphins. And you know, again there the Dolphins are there in a bit of a war. Maybe yeh, Dragons have been breezingly well. They're in the mix right for the Top Bay, which would be an amazing toe. He's done a great job shamp flanning him with this team and Jade and Sewey yesterday backing up from Origin, he was so good, ended up at the centers when they lost finger fee guy at some point in the game that to reshuffle. He was unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Jaden saw he needed that performances.
Speaker 1: We did because I actually thought he was I thought he might give way for Dave Feeder. I heard, yeah, I'll take Yeah, but you know it's hard to He's got to be in there somewhere after the way played yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 4: It's amazing the difference in the Dragons, Isn't it just how they're just playing tough again. They're just a little bit more exciting. They just seem to be getting it just a little bit better, a little bit better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just week.
Speaker 1: On Weekmax said yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what about the dol What about the Dolphins? What do we think about them? Do we think there was a lot of talk that they had a pretty soft draw to start there, to start the year. Do we think that we've seen the best of them now?
Speaker 1: Well? I think it's the issue they've got, is right. No Fleggler, No, Tommy, Gilbert Fleggler probably won't play this year. Gilbert won't play this year. I think that it strips your depth, right, And I reckon the other issue that the Dolphins have gone a little bit and I think people started to work well. I think they've known all year, but they're getting exposed a bit. I love katoa right, great player. It's going to be a superstar. Cody Nick Rivers had a great year, but you look at their misstackle count on a weekly basis, said to Hals, they miss a lot of tackles, and you know, I don't. I don't know where else I go because I think you can't. Those two guys have been great for them, but they missed so many tackles and they're just going to get targeted all year and from now on and they're going to get caught out at times. I reckon so but Wayne's done a good job with them. But and now to put me, they're actually in dangerous slipping out of the eight, which is we're all wrapping them in the top four.
Speaker 2: I don't think they.
Speaker 4: Had to send a predicted team, predicted top eight and did you have them in the ape?
Speaker 1: Did actually before the seasons started.
Speaker 2: Recently, we had to do it.
Speaker 6: I hadn't no idea I had four teams, four teams of equal points from seventh to ninth or tenth, and they were one of the four teams and they missed out and pour and against.
Speaker 1: It was a thriller, it was.
Speaker 4: Around.
Speaker 5: I think, look, I don't think that you can draw a line through them just yet. What I'd really be interested to see is, even though if the responsibility should be on Katola and nikkorihema to be making those tackles, I'd love to see their second roles really step off and help them out.
Speaker 3: That's what the roosters have done really well.
Speaker 5: Like I said, Victor Bradley going onto that edge has almost been a master stroke because he's protecting that defensive edge and although he's great in in the in the middle, the edge is the hardest spot to defend. So I feel for these halves, especially a young half like younger than me, pretty young, so you know, camera but yeah, I think you know, if you have Kfusi out there, if you can move Kfusi back to that edge, and you can really get their second role to aim up, that'll lock them down defensively.
Speaker 3: They'll have to make less tackles and then obviously less tackles missed.
Speaker 1: I like that cool. A couple of the games for the word and couple of the results the Broncos that may have lost. There's a three in a row they've lost there in a hole of broncos. Yeah, the massive hole.
Speaker 2: Let me just have.
Speaker 1: Kevy rested obviously rested these origin bugs in the weekend. But now tenth, the tenth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're out of the eight.
Speaker 4: Out of the eight, the tenth. Yeah, it doesn't look good. Let me just look up their draw for the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: I think as long as they make the eight and they have everyone fit, because Reynolds will be back at some point later in the year, I think they can win the comp from out of the eight, from sorry, out of the top four. I think the issue for them is at the eight. The issue at the moment is there are a chance of missing the eight.
Speaker 3: Mm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think if if all pans out, well, Kevy looks like a genius. And I saw some people say that in the long run, what Kevy is doing now is going to work.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you have to win games.
Speaker 4: They've got a pretty decent draw to finish, so let me so they've got.
Speaker 2: Penrith next week.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's tough.
Speaker 2: It's a tough. Then they've got the Dragons the Knights.
Speaker 1: Is that origin dragons?
Speaker 4: So that is yeah, that's dragons origin in Origin, and then they've got the Knights the week after and then.
Speaker 1: Bord Pong back by then. I'd imagine that's around twenty. Yes, I think he's background twenty meant to.
Speaker 4: Be Titans, Cowboys in Townsville by Para Dolphins and then Storm to finish.
Speaker 1: There was a good draw. Well, Melbourne may rest everyone last round, so you're a chance here.
Speaker 3: They need to be.
Speaker 5: They need to be in the eight though before the last round. They can't depend on it the last round.
Speaker 1: I don't mind that draw. I think that's a there's no.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they should win most of those games if they're going to.
Speaker 2: Make the eight.
Speaker 3: They need to.
Speaker 1: They just they just need to get everyone back and playing because at the moment they just look like a team that's just out of sorts. Colbo is pretty good in this game, do we does he come straight back in for Cobba straight in for your coach is obviously out, so maybe they shuffle valve of the wing and stick Cobbo on big latrell or well, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so. I think that makes sense.
Speaker 4: Depends what depends what Billy wants to do. Do we think, what do we think about you know where Queensland is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got was the other option you can bring in, but he.
Speaker 4: Was he had a bit of a rough yeah on the weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think Cobb has got to come in. He's a big, powerful human.
Speaker 3: It just depends on the dynamic that Billy wants.
Speaker 5: I guess if he wants that, If he wants that back on the bench, like I said to you when he got announced first time, it needs to be Cobbo. There's you're not going to carry another back on the bench, I don't think. But again, if you're looking at bringing a similar game that you brought into game two, you just move the ideal think would be just of Cobo into that starting team and they're keeping a similar bench.
Speaker 4: It seems like a pretty straightforward swap, right, I mean the wing is a good winger vowel.
Speaker 1: Formerly the best winger in the world, I would think back in the day. But you know, I don't think you lose too much there. If you're well, I think you know, someone's a handful in your position. I'd like to see him back in the team, but obviously depends on how he's feeling and how his injury was. Because Billy said he was taking some painkillers and stuff and that's one of the reasons he was out of the team. Obviously his coat got injured in that Melbourne win on Saturday night over camera. I think the Storm of four points clear now, yeah, but you know what, I watched them.
Speaker 2: I'm impressive, but.
Speaker 1: They just went close games. They've never really I've never really sat back and looked at them and thought, man, they've been so good tonight. But they're doing it that. There's no peraps, no Monster again at the weekend. And as I said that the minor Premiership, is it over? Do we think it's over the morning?
Speaker 3: Not after this? When this Saturday rolls around, they've got the Tigers are.
Speaker 1: Like like it's a dangerous game for the Storm. Apparently the Tigers are a twenty point better team than.
Speaker 3: Like the Tigers. Well, like, he's scared if I'm Melbourne coming there.
Speaker 1: Let's suspect Melbourne's a different story to who have you played there? Titans?
Speaker 5: The Titans shots the top of the ladder. We've beat them there in around two right, You're so right.
Speaker 4: No, I think, yeah, geez, they're incredible. We talk about it every year though, don't we. I honestly thought with camera, but you know, you think it every year With Cameron Munster out though, I thought, you know, they might struggle, it might be you know, and by struggle I mean sixth yeah, which is probably about as bad as a.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like are capable of. But yeah, I love they can find it, find a talent.
Speaker 1: So he've been playing great at six Yeah.
Speaker 5: Just I had a conversation a couple of weeks ago our Ourgin camp about who the genuine fourteens are in the competition, and yeah, I said it's him and Connor Watson. I'm probably down to genuine fourteen. So I'd be happy to put anywhere on the field and have him do a job. Even when he played on the wing earlier this year. Just so realized he's like he's a Melbourne Storm player. Exactly what a Melbourne Storm player is.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about the the Sharks on on what they on Friday? Was it Friday or Sideline? I shouldna Yeah against the dogs, the Dogs, how good are they going I think I think locked them into the top eight. Now the Dogs, well we say.
Speaker 2: It every week, we do. Yeah, we declared that, we declared it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we just it's more and more like affirmations that we're that we're right.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The way that this team has turned around is just incredible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're tough, kick and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love to love to see.
Speaker 1: It so strong defensively.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and just to be able to to ice that win. This was just another big statement game, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: But the what do you think about the Sharks?
Speaker 1: I felt for I really felt for Nico Hines, I know, so tough for him. Had the chance to win that game and it wasn't It wasn't a hard field goal two weeks Yeah, he should have ice that.
Speaker 4: I think even I think he would know that too.
Speaker 1: That's what killed him this game. There was the starter was twelve years down after no time at all. And there's been an issue for them for weeks now. Their starts have been horrible and Fitz He's obviously prides himself on that on defense. The defense earlier in games has just been his. Nico's field goal at ten, I.
Speaker 3: Mean you should you know it wasn't a lot of pressure either.
Speaker 1: No, it's one he should have got. And you could see him after the game. He just sunk to the turf. He was pretty deflated. Nick, Do you think he's a bit what about Matt Burton's boot?
Speaker 2: It's been a tough year.
Speaker 3: It's a bit rattled.
Speaker 1: How can you not be he just got draw from Origin. You've had two weeks and we've had a chance to one send the game to Golden Point and the second week to win it and you're fluffed them both. I'm sure he's.
Speaker 5: Rattled, but you can't you can't put all the onus on Nico, Like, no, he's not the only player on that.
Speaker 1: But you know, the great players always take it on themselves, right do you think the great players always go as much as much as other players say you mate, it's not your fault, or you know we you know we needed to help you. You always go, you know, the the great players always go, well I should have won that for Yes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he'll he'll definitely be thinking that. Yeah, I've got no doubt he will be thinking that. But I think there's there's a couple of other players on that team at the moment that they have to so kind of own up to how poorly the.
Speaker 1: What about him? He had a chakra on Friday night a couple honestly, some of some of the players he came up with diabolical. But yeah, it's just really tough time for Nick Owen. He'll come out of the other side. I mean, he's really good footballer, but he just.
Speaker 3: Block out the noise. I heard the Bulldogs fan.
Speaker 5: We're giving it to a two point where Stephen Crydon have to chase after him up the tunnel to kind of just to have his head up. Like yeah, that I think, Like, like I said before, I'm all for heckling our games. You know, it's all a bit of fun, but don't don't make it personal, you know, like, enjoy the win, be be graceful in victory. Because when he puts on a Blues jersey, every wrong, all those same supporters that give it to him will be cheering for him.
Speaker 4: So like if they run into him in this photo, they'd be like, heines and you don't want.
Speaker 5: To see you don't want to see another player get I guess, you know, piled on just for game because when he said his best he is a Dally Medal winner. He is up the top of the players in the n RL. Like, let him, let him do that. You enjoy, enjoy your win at the game. Don't go heckling someone running up the tunnel after he's just missed the field goal. I think that's just poor tastes. And I love the Doggies fans the most, one of the most passionate in the the NRL.
Speaker 3: But I don't like seeing that.
Speaker 1: You mentioned the Blues jersey. What about the women's origin. Yeah, so this is the result. Revenge, sweet revenge goodness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it was.
Speaker 4: It was quite tough to watch as a Blues fan. But just an aside from that, I mean the so News had such a good win in Game one and then these real next comprehensive thought, very very comprehensive the Blues. You know, it was wet weather footy once again and they just didn't play to their conditions. It was terribly frustrating to watch, just considering yeah, well I'm talking, you can have yourself.
Speaker 1: We have video listeners from across the globe.
Speaker 4: We do, we do, but the yeah, they just didn't play to their conditions and it Yeah, Queensland just absolutely killed it. This is what happens when Queensland's backs against the wall, isn't it.
Speaker 1: You've got to be ready for warning.
Speaker 4: But the issue is, I think is yeah, there was just so many errors, so many just things like this that were just didn't really make much sense. I feel for Rage Pierson. She's a she's such a great chick. She just she really had a tough night. Amat had a really tough night in She had made some real bad mistakes there too, and it was just compounded. But yeah, so now I think there's going to be it's just kind of called the coaching into question as well. So now that's three losses in the last four series for New South Wales, so well, that's exactly right. So I mean, this is the this is the first three game series that we've had, so you know, there might be a little bit of grace given there to Kylie Hilda just based on that alone. But yeah, there's been a lot of calls I think for a bit of change.
Speaker 3: You need to you need to complete sets. That's that's what it is.
Speaker 5: They completed like one or two sets in the first twenty minutes of that game. As a fan, it was hard to watch and I thought the first two games of Women's Origin we were awesome.
Speaker 3: Look were they were great and like to watch this one was almost like, what's what's happened? What was happening this Blues team, which they should have.
Speaker 5: Won game too. They won game one comfortably. Yeah, you see it in the NRL every week. If you can't complete sets, if you're completing under seventy five percent, you're not filming football games.
Speaker 4: It was like, I think they completed it was like sixty percent or something.
Speaker 2: It was terrible. It was really bad that it is. And the.
Speaker 1: She was great Ali Briginshaw in this game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, she's just the old stage for this for this team.
Speaker 3: But the.
Speaker 4: I wasn't gonna say the thing is is after game two so obviously that was or that was wet weather footy. That was the worst conditions you could see. It was just absolutely belting down the whole game. But afterwards New South Wales kind of said, oh, you know we are you know, the wet weather footy doesn't really suit us where you know, a fast team, we like to score a lot of points.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: This was wet again, and it was always it was known for quite a while it was going to be wet again, So you've got to adjust to what their conditions are if you know that it's going to be this kind of Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't like Grez. We're a fast team. We don't like playing in the world. Well, it's like, what are you going to do? You play a winter sport like the majority of the year, Like, look, look at the last three weeks we've had in Sydney.
Speaker 3: This week's supposed to be raining all week as well.
Speaker 5: Oh the weeks it's sorry we lose the week's raining because when it's honey, we're gonna win score points.
Speaker 1: Silly.
Speaker 4: It's not the best and they needed to be a bit of an adjustment there.
Speaker 1: So when does women's comps start? When do we start?
Speaker 4: So July twenty five, Yeah, it's a few weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, about three weeks. Yeah, which is good.
Speaker 1: So who's the hot favorite winner this year?
Speaker 4: So the Knights have won the last two competitions. Have had a change of coach this year though, so the Knights coach Ron Griffiths, so he's gone to the Warriors for next year, which is interesting.
Speaker 2: And then the Knights have Ben.
Speaker 4: Jeffries, who was Cowboys coach last year. I like the Titans. The Titans made the Grand Final last year. The coach by Karen Murphy absolutely stacked. Actually, in the first in the three women's Origin games, it was Titans players who really saw Jamie Chapman who had the outstanding game in game one. Game two, lo And Brown kicked that field goal for Queensland. She's a Titans player. And then Shannonmato was player of the match in game three. They all play for the Titans. I think it's a pretty big indication.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Sota. Okay, first, turn to what you're watching this week? Who wants to go first? Because I love your show of Watching.
Speaker 2: The Bear.
Speaker 1: How good is this show The Bear?
Speaker 4: So binged it actually over the weekends.
Speaker 2: Has just started. Yeah, so it's about if you haven't.
Speaker 1: Seen it, time watch at some point.
Speaker 4: Some of the episodes not that long actually this season they're about half an hour or so, so it's a bit easier to binge. But the yes, it's about a chef and he suffers with like PTSD, anxiety, all these things, and he comes home to Chicago to take over his family's restaurant and then so it's all of the the relationship stuff that happens in between, then all the people that work at the restaurant, all of the family issues, and it's just a wonderful show. The way they do it is just incredible. The storytelling is so good. It's just little pieces of things kind of put together. It's funny, it's be dark.
Speaker 1: Cookie shows such a good show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love.
Speaker 4: Cooking too, so this is just right at Maley.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you got, Tyson? You've got back in time.
Speaker 3: I went back and.
Speaker 5: I started watching small Villain's.
Speaker 2: Like I was watching Smallville in high school.
Speaker 1: But let me just how small.
Speaker 5: I hate I hate saying this, but I was scrolling on TikTok my.
Speaker 3: Kids and yeah, like a little edite came off.
Speaker 2: Don't one.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I was in.
Speaker 2: Nine.
Speaker 1: I was still an old man, that's the one.
Speaker 5: So yeah, yeah, I started watching small Ville because I saw an editor on TikTok and I was like, this looks like a nice show.
Speaker 1: What do you thought?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's look, I'm not really beyond the superhero stuff, like a bit too unreally stick for me. I like that exist like that man, that man's kind of like he's real.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's it's good. It's it's different.
Speaker 5: It's probably a bit more slower to my liking because it's a very speinning book, speeding.
Speaker 4: Our special effects hold up from what is that twenty four years ago?
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, I'm a fan of the I'm not going to say older stuff because yeah, I like that.
Speaker 5: It's not too I guess I say it's not too c G. I basically just see a big C on the screen, but it's not too c G. I based, And I haven't actually got to the part where he's like fully entrenched in being Superman.
Speaker 1: So it still works.
Speaker 3: He's still Discovery early days, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Well, I watched a movie this week and it was it's called Trigger Warning. It's got Jessica Elbow and jess Graber, who I'm sure you're a big fan of. Just the thing about it is she plays like a an s a s A former army. You know, she's an expert in tactical warfare and martial arts and stuff. You know, if you know Jessica Elbow and what she's done in the past, I just found it's a little difficult to grasp.
Speaker 3: You really, are you a hater? Every time I'm on here. You're just you're not.
Speaker 1: I'm not enjoying the I'm not telling people not to watch. I'm just just saying, reduce her expectations. Jessica's not going to win. She's not going to win an Academy Award to this look. I watched the whole movie. It was just different. You know, she's looks in the army and it's not really her goal. Is it her genre? She just tried to try something new. Anyway, it was okay, it was possible. She's good and fantastic four she's very good and fantastic for very good, What's into the Blue A trigger warning, She's not so good. She's okay, not so good. On that note, thanks for joining us. Thanks, thanks guys, and we'll see you next week.
Speaker 4: M