Speaker 1: This is the US Report with James Morrow.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the program. Here's what's coming up tonight. Breaking news. Former FBI director James Comy has been indicted. We'll find out what's happening. Plus what happened at the Charlie Kirk Memorial. Brandon Divine was there. She'll tell us all about this amazing experience.
Speaker 1: And she's back.
Speaker 2: Kamala Harris's book tour is underway and well, no surprise, it's not going well. But first, what a week in the United States. To borrow a phrase, it was the best of times with Donald Trump going to the UN and absolutely sticking it to the globalists. And it was the worst of times with a deranged leftist madman opening fire on an ICE facility in Dallas, Texas. A star contrast, to be sure, that illustrates the growing divide in America between what the Trump administration is trying to achieve and an increasingly violent and revolutionary and insurrectionary left that is determined to stop him. Now, first, let's have a look at Trump's visit to the UN, which escalator fails and teleprompted disashes aside was frankly a triumph. He took on a lot during his speech, which went for an entire hour. And if it is true that someone at the UN monkeyed with his teleprompter, well that was an own goal for the ages, as the president's original speech was only supposed to go for fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: While he was at the lectern, Trump laid out some uncomfortable truths, but truths nonetheless, which may have horrified the editorial writers at The New York Times in the Siday Morning Herald, but which were also quietly acknowledged as fundamentally correct by many more around the globe. First a bit of what the president had to say about climate.
Speaker 3: In nineteen eighty two, the executive director of the United Nations Environmental Program predicted that by the year two thousand, climate change would cause a global catastrophe. He said that it will be irreversible, as any nuclear holocaust would be. This is what they said at the United Nations. What happened here we are Another unofficial stated in nineteen eighty nine that within a decade, entire nations could be wiped off the map by global warming not happening.
Speaker 2: And on the subject of migration, well he didn't miss here. He pointed the finger at the UN for helping to create the crisis at America's southern border.
Speaker 3: Not only is the UN not solving the problems it should, too often, it's actually creating new problems for us to solve. The best example is the number one political issue of our time, the crisis of uncontrolled migration. It's uncontrolled trees are being ruined. The United Nations is funding an assault on Western countries and their borders. In twenty twenty four, the UN budgeted three hundred and seventy two million dollars in cash assistance to support and estimated six hundred and twenty four thousand migrants journeying into the United States.
Speaker 1: And he took the problem.
Speaker 3: Global America belongs to the American people, and I encourage all countries to take their own stand in defense of their citizens as well. You have to do that because I see it. I'm not mentioning names. I see it, and I could call every single one of them. You're destroying your countries. They're being destroyed. Europe is in serious trouble. They've been invaded by a force of illegal aliens like nobody's ever seen before. Illegal aliens are pouring into Europe. Nobody is ever and nobody's doing anything to change it, to get him out.
Speaker 1: It's not sustainable.
Speaker 3: And because they choose to be politically correct, they're doing just absolutely nothing about it.
Speaker 2: Summing up, the President had this to say.
Speaker 3: Both the immigration and their suicidal energy ideas will be the death of Western Europe. If something is not done immediately, they cannot This cannot be sustained. What makes the world so beautiful is that each country is unique. But to stay this way, every sovereign nation must have the right to control their own borders. You have the right to control your borders.
Speaker 2: Absolutely spot on. And there he was talking about Western Europe in specific, but he could also have been talking, I think about Australia. But it is this issue of migration which Donald Trump campaigned on and which saw him quickly meet his campaign promise to close and fix the southern border, which is also acting like a red rag to an increasingly violent and feral left that on its fringes seems to be embracing the idea of political violence at an alarming rate.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: In Dallas, two days ago, police alleged this man took a sniper's rifle and opened a fire at an ICE facility, taking aim at ICE agents, but instead only killing one detainee and wounding two others. The cops say he scrolled the words anti ICE on his shell casings, and that a search of his home found more writings that were both anti immigration enforcement and radically against the federal government. Now this occurred not long after, of course, the assassination of Charlie Kirk, again by what officials believed to have been a crazed leftist, though war will come out through that in the courts. But given the way the phrase anti ICE is now a staple of leftist propaganda, it feels like there is a bigger problem on the left. It's not just a few violent radicals on the fringes now, but it's an entire culture, a violent rhetoric that is seeking to normalize the use of violence, and it seems to be working.
Speaker 1: The assault on the.
Speaker 2: Dallas facility comes amid a one thousand percent increase in assaults on ICE officers, and there has been a series of increasingly violent sieges and attacks on ICE facilities, as well as a broader surge in political violence in general from the left. Just a few days ago, we saw a country club wedding in New Hampshire shot up by someone yelling Free Palestine. And the scary thing is this message of violence being pushed along all over the place in politics and the media, and it is being normalized in the culture. At Georgetown University in Washington, d C. Where I went to school, incidentally, back before it became a bastion of crazed progressivism, posters are appearing for a new club with the phrase hey fascist catch, which is the same slogan that was written on one of the shellcasings of Charlie Kirk's alleged shooter in Washington. House Minority leader Hakim Jeffries has called for ICE agent's identities to be exposed despite the huge risk that poses to them and their families.
Speaker 4: Every single.
Speaker 5: ICE agent who's engaged in this aggressive overreach, and I'm trying to hide their identities from the American people will be unsuccessful in doing that.
Speaker 2: This is America Head over at MSNBC. Well, it's even more chilling there. They are pumping propaganda out on the airwaves saying that ICE Immigration and Customs Enforcement is no better than, or is in fact equivalent to the Nazi Gestapo.
Speaker 6: Looking more and more like an American Gestapo.
Speaker 7: They're huddled around the elevator banks in masks without identifying information. What they're terrifying like these are Gestapo tactics.
Speaker 6: But has created this years they've seen the kind of fascist Ice Gestapo militias go around Latino American citizens in places like La.
Speaker 2: ICE agents masked ICE Gestapo agents getting more funding than any other law enforcement agency in the history of the United States.
Speaker 8: Ice running gestopo like around our country. The Gestapo had the same function.
Speaker 6: It was there to draw distinction between us and them. It was not federally, it was controlled from the by the leader. And we're seeing disturbing similarities between this force and the Gestapo.
Speaker 1: And well, you know what happens next.
Speaker 2: You call someone the Gestapo or Nazis long enough and people start to take you seriously, and some of them start to act out violently because in their twisted minds, they not only believe this nonsense but also see violence as an acceptable solution. That Donald Trump is onto them. And he had a warning for the left a few hours ago. Let's have a look at what he had to say in the Oval Office.
Speaker 8: Who do you hold responsible for the uptick in the left wing violence radical left rhetoric.
Speaker 3: The radical left is causing the problem. They're out of control, they're saying things and they're really dumb people. The radical left is causing this problem, not the right, the radical left, and it's going to get worse, and ultimately it's going to go back on them. I mean, bad things happen when they play these games. And I'll give you a little clue. The right is a lot tougher than the left. But the right's not doing this. They're not doing it, and they better not get them energized.
Speaker 1: I don't want to see it happen either.
Speaker 2: But until the left decides to knock it off, I fear it's only going to get worse before it gets better. And guess what, they'll only have themselves to blame. Well, joining me now is Sean Spicer. You know him well, he's the former White House Press Secretary. To join me tonight on the Usport Shawan, thanks so much for coming on the program. We've got this breaking news about the James Cully indictment. Tell us what we know so far, what he's been charged with to the extent that we know, and how is this being received, because I imagine a lot of people are going to be out there saying, oh, this is just Trump and Pam Bondy trying to get retribution on the left. But I think there's a bit more to it than that.
Speaker 1: Well, good to be with you, James.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is breaking right now. So the response is somewhat as you would expect, meaning the people on the right are celebrating it. The people on the left, I think are likely reflexively saying this is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: But I think that if you want to.
Speaker 7: Cut through all of the partisan responses on both sides, here's what I would suggest to folks. There's an inspector general at the each of the departments in agencies in the United States, and that is a person who is a lawyer, and their job is to kind of be the watchdog within each agency. So whether it's the Department of Homeland Security, the FBI, or the Food and Drug Administration, they all have an inspector general. The inspector General of the FBI did a report a while back that said that there's no question that James Comy did, in fact leak classified information to reporters to try to get favorable stories and narratives out there against Donald Trump.
Speaker 9: So that is a known fact.
Speaker 7: Then the question is what is a jury or a grand jury in the United States willing to do. And as you know, what we call the statute limitations here, meaning the time you have to charge somebody for a crime is coming up very shortly. The clearly the Eastern District of Virginia US attorney has now it appears, gotten a grand jury to indict him. That's the first step in a process. That just means that there's enough to go to trial. So this is the first step. There's a saying in the United States that you can indict a ham sandwich. The idea is there's really not a high burden of proof. And I only say that just to make clear to your audience that this is not a conviction.
Speaker 1: This is just the sort of the.
Speaker 7: Green light to go to trial. And that's what is happening now. So we are in that process.
Speaker 1: There's no question.
Speaker 7: I don't think that Comy did in fact share information that he was not privileged to do so. And the question is now will he plead out on that, because that's where I think this gets interesting. Do Comy or his associates say it's not worth going to trial, or do they try to plead down to something. I think this is where it gets.
Speaker 1: Interesting, absolutely right.
Speaker 2: Hey, I want to move on though, to some of this other stuff that we've been seeing this week. I spoke at the top of the program about this horrific attack at this ice facility in Dallas and the eyes of political violence from the left here that seems to be really afflicting the nation at the moment. Now we've just seen Vice President jd Vance offer up incredibly scathing rebuke of Gavin Newsom, basically accusing the Democrat governor of encouraging crazy people to go after law enforcement. Here he was, here's a little bit of this.
Speaker 10: When Democrats like Gavin Newsom did say that these people are part of an authoritarian government. When the left wing media lies about what they're doing, when they lie about who they're arresting, when they lie about the actual job of law enforcement, what they're doing is encouraging crazy people to go and commit violence. You don't have to agree with my immigration policies, you don't have to agree with Donald Trump's immigration policies, But if your political rhetoric encourages violence against our law enforcement.
Speaker 1: You can go straight to hell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean straight to hell is a pretty strong thing to say. But I think he's right here, Shan. The left is really turning up the temperature so hot on the political climate in the United States, aren't They absolutely.
Speaker 7: Look for the last week after the assassination at Charlie Kirk, we've heard them talk about both sides and violence on both sides. But the bottom line is, immediately after that, we've had ice agents, ice vehicles, ice property, had rocks, projectiles, bottles thrown at it, and the left says nothing. These are government officials doing their job following the law in America. If you don't like the law, you change it, you vote for change, you elect new people, you petition your government.
Speaker 1: But the left is silent.
Speaker 7: And here's what the media is failing to tell you. I did a cursory search of all of the social media of the leaders Chuck Schumer, had Keem, jeffries Aoc. None of them will say, do not attack an ICE agent, do not attack an ICE facility. Violence is never acceptable. They love to use words like let's turn down the volume, let's turn down the rhetoric, but they won't condemn their own side, and the media in this country is complicit in allowing it to go on. The Vice President James is absolutely correct on this. This is ridiculous. If you're going to say that violence is unacceptable, then admit it. Right now, your side is coming after ice agents doing their job, fulfilling their legal obligation, and the left is silent. And to the Vice President's point, James, when you tell people their thugs, their KGB operators, they're like Nazis, They're like Hitler the Gestapo. What do you think is going to happen at some point if somebody believes that the threat is big enough because the Democrats, the leaders of the Democrats have told them that, then it is your almost obligation to say, well, then I must stop it, I must do something, because that's what the left has done. They've got these people believing that it's their obligation, in fact, to some degree, their duty to take.
Speaker 9: Action, and they own this.
Speaker 7: All of the blood of those people that died yesterday is on the leaders of the Democratic Party.
Speaker 1: Well, that's right.
Speaker 2: And now we've seen the news that the president has officially named Antifa a terrorist organization. Now is called antifa because it supposedly means anti fascist, but they act pretty fascist. How do you think this is going to go because once the left claims it doesn't even exist, but people are posting on social media guidelines that antifa itself is put out about how to raise an insurrection and how to hold a riot successfully.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 7: I had Harmeat Dillon on my show yesterday. She's the Assistant Attorney General for several rights. She walked through the whole process how she prosecuted some of these folks. Look, at the end of the day, one of the things that's really interesting is the left wants to pretend this is a morphoist group of people that we have no idea who they are. It's a loose group of people that, you know, there's no common thread. But when you look at the funding, there is a common thread. We can get to who's funding it. Why do all the tents that these antifa antifa sites and rallies look the same. How's faying for the the you know, equipment and the weaponry. Somebody's paying for it. It is got to have some kind of command and control, some kind of leadership, and Donald Trump is instructing the federal government for the first time to actually go after it to figure it out. But that's like saying that the mafia back in the nineteen seventies eighties was a sort of an amorphous group. There's always a leadership, there's always somebody that's paying for it, there's someone that's coordinating.
Speaker 1: The command and the control.
Speaker 7: And Donald Trump is making our government look at this in a realistic way for the first time.
Speaker 2: Well, Sean, I mean, I'm glad you mentioned the mafia because, of course the racketeering and organized crime Organization at RICO. The RICO statutes were used to get the mafia precisely because of that. Do you think the same sort of RICO statutes, the same sort of anti mafia statutes could be used by the Justice Department to shut down Antifa?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 7: Absolutely, But more than that, James, it's not just the statute, it's the leadership, right. So when I was talking to Hermeat Dyllon, she was it's a question of willpower and leadership, right. So I think that your question about the specific law is important. But if you're not willing to at least look into this and figure out what they've done, you're right they use that Rico statue to go after the mob, to talk about how there is something bigger at stake that we needed to address. I think absolutely that kind of a statue can be used. But what is reassuring as an American is that a leader of our government and that flows all the way down to not just Donald Trump, but to Pam Bondi, Attorney General, and Harmet Dellon, the Assistant Attorney General, and others at that level. The FBI under Cash Pttel are willing to go after it and to prosecute it because that's been the view of the last several administrations, which is we don't even need to look at it.
Speaker 2: Sean, We're gonna have to leave with there, Seawan Spicer, thank you so much for your insights and check out the Sean Spicer Show.
Speaker 1: Of course. Now, thank you so much for your time.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now, I am thrilled to be joined by Miranda Devine. You know her well from the New York Post and from her books The Big Guy, How a President and his Son sold Out America and of course Laptop from Hell. Branda, thank you so much for joining me tonight on the US Report. Big breaking news about the indictment of James Comy, Tell me what do we know? How is this being received, and how is the media trying to spin this as being about Trump retribution and not about claims that he lied to Congress, which is a pretty serious matter.
Speaker 8: Yes, thanks James.
Speaker 11: It really is huge news and honestly, just broke very shortly ago in New York and so the immediate reaction so far.
Speaker 8: Hasn't been voluminous other than.
Speaker 11: You know, it's too cast kind of doubt on whether or not this is legitimate and whether this is Trump weaponizing the FBI, just as he complained that his predecessor weaponized the FBI. But the fact is that James Comey, the former FBI director, was instrumental in this crossfire hurricane, this Russia hoax. He set out to entrap the president, and he really was responsible for crippling the first three years of Donald Trump's first term. So naturally, Donald Trump, who fired him probably too late, is up for blood and has been for many years. But that doesn't help you in the courts. And these are legitimate indictments brought down by a grand jury. They are for making a false statement, which is slightly different from perjury, and also obstruction of justice, and we believe they are to do with Comy's testimony exactly five years ago to Congress in which he was asked about leaks of classified information to do with the Russia hoax, which he himself admitted ended up leading to the establishment of an independent investigator in Robert Mueller, which really tied up the Trump administration. He Comy said he had hoped that would happen, but whether or not, you know, they seem to think that they've got him on lies, and certainly it was enough for a grand jury to agree. The grand jury apparently was given three charges and only decided on two, the other one throughout what I think was perjury.
Speaker 8: So let's see where it goes. I think there's been.
Speaker 11: A lot of internal turmoil in the Department of Justice. There are a lot of Biden holdovers, even Obama holdovers there, and Attorney General Pam Bondi.
Speaker 8: Has really been tackling a.
Speaker 11: Lot of it's sort of internal warfare and has been sacking people left, right and center. And it was only a couple of weeks ago that Donald Trump issued a truth social addressed specifically to his Attorney General, Pam What are you doing a lot of people aren't happy because basically, people like James Comy and Adam Schiff are not Nothing's going to happen to them. That's the word that they're going to get away with it. And because the statute of limitations on these Comy perjury or false statement claims due to run out on Tuesday, September thirty, really the time was of the essence and they needed to get these charges out before then. And so I guess Donald Trump was hurrying her up and had heard that there was turmoil and that there were there were prosecutors who were refusing to go ahead with this Comy prosecution. But Donald Trump installed his own prosecutor in the Eastern District of Virginia, a former lawyer called Lindsay Halligan, and she was only installed on Monday, and lo and behold, three days later, here we are.
Speaker 2: Well, it's fascinating all of these investigations into what everybody who was investigating and trying to take down Trump even before he became president the second time have found. Because we've also had this week news that the FBI when they rated John Bolton's DC office. We remember when that happened, a number of weeks ago found classified documents. Now you mentioned Adam Shift before. He was one of the people who said, well, you know, this is a huge problem for Donald Trump because there was classified material at Mara Lago. But he's a classifying authority. This would seem to say that, well, this exposes the left and the Democrats and say, well John Bolton should be treated just the same as they wanted to treat Donald Trump.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, And look that case, the Bolton case is still to go through the courts, but certainly the allegations are that he had classified material in his office and I think in his home, and presumably he was using that material to write his book.
Speaker 8: I think it was like inside.
Speaker 11: The room or something, which was veryy Donald Trump was. John Bolton was very sore because Donald Trump got rid of him and he thought that he was a crazy warhawk and just wanted more blood and mayhem. And that was true enough. I mean, he's an old neo con and that's not what the MAGA base wants anymore and certainly not what Donald Trump favors.
Speaker 8: And so they fell out quite spectacularly.
Speaker 11: And John Bolton wrote this warts an all book, and you know, it's very different a president having classified material or former president, because he's perfectly entitled to classify or declassify anything he likes.
Speaker 8: And so that's what Donald Trump claimed.
Speaker 11: And in the end, Donald Trump was not prosecuted for handling classified information. The person who was guilty, well, I mean, certainly there was information that the prosecutor, the special prosecutor looking into him, Robert hurfound that there was plenty of evidence to show that Joe Biden had squirreled away classified information that he should not have, including during the time.
Speaker 8: When he was senator.
Speaker 11: And yet he's Robert hurstaid, but we're not going to go ahead and charge him because yeah, it's unlikely a jury would find him guilty because that'd set him as an elderly man with a poor memory.
Speaker 8: So he got away with that.
Speaker 2: No, we all remember all the photos and vision of all those boxes stacked up next to the classic Corvette and Delaware. Hey, Miranda, before I let you go, the reason why I wanted you on the show when we origin. What I originally invited you on this week was to talk about the Charlie Kirk memorial, which you had the privilege to attend. And I still want to talk about that a bit. You were there in the arena. I just love you know we spoke about this before, but I love you to share with our viewers your feelings and your thoughts about what happened there in that arena, because it was such a special thing. Your perspective on Charlie Kirk and his legacy, and what those hundreds of thousands of people who were there and the millions were watching are going out now and doing in terms of taking that positive conservative message out to America in the world.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was actually right opposite the arena.
Speaker 11: In the Fox set up, but yeah, it looked an incredible occasion. And I think Erica Kirk's speech in which she forgave the murderer of her husband the assassin, was something that none of us will see again. And I certainly have never felt the emotion that everyone in that room felt. And it's I think the ripple effect going from Charlie Kirk's assassination has really affected the entire country. And I've heard from people in.
Speaker 8: Australia and across the world as well that he was really.
Speaker 11: A modern day martyr, and he was you know, he was a conservative youth leader, but he was also a Christian evangelist, and he reached many people on campuses. He would just go and he would debate them civilly and courteously and just put up facts. And he has been so badly character assassinated during the period before his death until he was finally assassinated. And I think that a lot of people now.
Speaker 8: Are looking back at his words and the thousands of hours.
Speaker 11: Of videotape that was made of his debates and his speeches and his books and his daily podcast and seeing oh they were wrong, that they were lied to, that the media lied and said that you were stone gaze, or that he was racist. None of that was all taken out of context and twisted. So he really had a message of love, and he was a warrior, conservative warrior, but he was really about people, you know, encouraging young people to get married and have children and lead a happy and fulfilling life, and particularly to young men, just like the young men who ended up murdering him.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Maranda, thank you so much for your time. Thank for joining me on the US sport, always appreciating that. Don't go anywhere, because you know why, when I'll be joined by Gerard Baker, editor at large with the Wall Street Journal. But first I just had to bring you this amazing bit of trolling by the White House where they've installed a new gallery of presidents, a wall of fame. There you see them, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, w Trump the first time around, Joe Biden. Hey wait, no, no, no, look at that they put up a picture of the auto pen. Absolute gold. Gerard Baker coming up after the break. Welcome back to the program, and I'm thrilled now to be joined by Gerhard Baker, the Wall Street Journal's editor at large.
Speaker 1: Gerard, Welcome to the program.
Speaker 2: I want to have a chat with you because you've written an another fantastic piece in the Journal talking about the Charlie Kirk assassination and the aftermath, particularly what happened on social media. And I just want to quote this a little bit here, where you write, our newly democratized digital discourse seems on track to turn into a French Revolution style terror. Now, Geord, I think you're on the right track here, and I've also heard others say this feels very much akin to the late Czarist era in Russia, which was also shot through with political violence. But how does America stop from falling into a spiral of retribution, because it seems to me that right now both sides kind of have to step back from this abits, but neither has an appetite to tap the brakes.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts of all of this.
Speaker 12: Yep, you're right, James, Thanks again for having me. It's a great pleasure to be with you.
Speaker 9: As z Eva, it is.
Speaker 12: It's a problem, and I know it's a problem in Australia, it's a problem in the UK. It's a problem in many other countries too. The particular problem, James, and thank you for referencing the columns is what I wrote about. What I wrote about this last week was how the particular phenomenon that if you like that, the kind of logic of social media and indeed digital media more generally, actually accentuates the extremism because it incentivizes, it incentivizes the most extreme, the most if you're like, unreasonable, the most hard line position on both sides. Most the vast majority of Americans, as with Australians and other people around the.
Speaker 9: World, they don't want political violence, they don't.
Speaker 12: Really want open partisan ship, really polar They don't hate their opponents, they don't hate the rest of the country. But unfortunately, those voices don't get much of a hearing, frankly, because they're just not that interesting. The more extreme you are, the more radical you are, the more frankly violent you are, at least verbally, the more of a hearing you're going to get, the more you tend to dominate the debate.
Speaker 9: What can we do about that? Look, I think I don't.
Speaker 12: I really don't think the answer, James is regulation of social media. You know, these people are out there, They're going to be there, people are going to find that information as they want. I think part of it is we just, you know, when we get terrible events like the murder of Charlie Kirk or the assassination attempts on Donald Trump, or you know, we had another event this week, James, as you know, these shooting at this ice facility down in Dallas.
Speaker 9: People have got to step back.
Speaker 12: And it really is important for people on both sides, but right now it is important for the left because a lot of this violence is coming from the left. They have to come out and say unequivocally, we condemned this. There is no place for this violence, there is no justification, and by the way. It's not enough to say, oh, we can theemn violence, but by the way, Charlie Kirk was a fascist, or oh, by the way, you know, we condemn violence, but these ice people are you know, a murderous, horrible, murderous people.
Speaker 9: You can't do that. You have to come out and you have.
Speaker 12: To dial down the rhetoric and say, look, we don't we disagree. We're entitled to disagree. We have a disagreement with the ballot box and in public, but we don't in any way condone the kind of not just the violence itself, but the conditions that lead to the violence.
Speaker 9: We don't have that in America right now, and is very dangerous.
Speaker 1: It is dangerous.
Speaker 2: And I agree with you, and I feel like there's this sort of funny thing that's happened now where the sides have shifted on these sorts of issues, because now suddenly have the right talking about, you know, speech being potentially violent and using the language of the left, and the left doing what they've always accused the right of being violent and so on.
Speaker 1: But what strikes me.
Speaker 2: About this social media thing that you're talking about is how many people felt that it was okay to post really horrible things, and so many people who were like you know, teachers and people who were in very sort of liberal kind of communities and so on thinking it's okay. Is the thing about the social media not just that it encourages, but also it lets us see what people really think. And maybe this has been sitting there under the surface, you know, in these kind of you know, supposedly peace, love and mung being left communities for a long time.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think there is something to that.
Speaker 12: Look again, I think what it is to be fair, the vast majority of lets democratic officials, the vast majority of people in the media who comment and come at it from a very different political viewpoint from you and I come at it from a very left wing viewpoint, have said you know, I've been pretty clear, pretty unequivalent. They certainly haven't celebrated Charlie Kirk's murder. They haven't condone it.
Speaker 9: They haven't.
Speaker 12: Actually they've been careful not even to say most of them, you know, while he was murdered, I'm sorry about that, but.
Speaker 9: He was a bad guy.
Speaker 12: But again, it is these people, it is a certain category of people. Some of them are quite prominent commensators. You've seen some of that. But the worst of all, James, it's just these kind of nobodies. By the way, some of them may not even be real people, for all we know, there could be bots. These kind of nobodies are just crop up out of nowhere, and they know that the one way they can get attention is by saying something terrible. And I've seen, and I don't even want to share it with your viewers, I've seen some terrible things about Charlie Kirk and celebrating the murder. And the reason you know we're talking about this, James, is because we're talking about it because those people got the attention by doing the most obscene, violent, you know, anti democratic, really disgraceful thing. So that is the problem. And unless those people are marginalized, and unless the language, unless that the ferocity of the language is dialed down on both sides. But right now, particularly by the left, you keep going on about this country falling prey to a fascist dictatorship, then I do think they are going to be They have to be held responsible to some extent for creating a climate of in which at least political violence is seen as an option by some people.
Speaker 2: Well earlier in the program, I played a kind of a mashup of a lot of commentators on FSNBC, the very left wing network. They're saying ice agents, immigration agents are the Gestapo, they are just like Hitler, they are you know, Nazis, they are all of this.
Speaker 1: This sort of rhetoric.
Speaker 2: And again I hate to use the sort of you know, words or violence kind of thing that we've always heard from the left, but it would seem that if you keep pumping this into the culture, you're going to have a minority, a small number of people. But in a country of three hundred million people off you know, who might decide to act were already seeing that. This seems to me a real problem.
Speaker 9: It is.
Speaker 12: Look, and if you think about it, and you know, I hesitate to put this, I'll pose this very carefully.
Speaker 9: But if you really believe, if you really.
Speaker 12: Believe that America is in the grip of a fascist dictatorship, and there's a lot of this commentary about from very serious people, supposedly serious people, if you really believe that Donald Truck, if you believe this is Weimar, Germany nineteen thirty just ninety thirty three, and that you know, people are going to be taken off the streets and are going to lose their liberties and are going to be murdered and all this kind of stuff.
Speaker 9: If you really believe that, then there is a certain logic.
Speaker 12: We've all played that kind of you know, that intellectual game, James, you know that we kind of you know, if you could go back and murder Hitler before he became Chancellor of Germany in nineteen.
Speaker 9: Thirty three, would you do it? Would it be the right thing to do?
Speaker 12: And most of us probably say, I mean, obviously it's a ridiculous hypothetical question, but most of it would say, you know what, yeah, of course murdering Hitler would have been a reasonable thing to do if it would have saved you know, the lives of millions of people. So if you really believe and I don't, of course, and I think this language is extreme, but if you really believe that Donald Trump is another Hitler and that we're going to have a Nazi essentially a kind of fascist dictatorship in the United States, then actually, you know, some of those people, you don't have to be a crazy, you know, deranged disordered extremists. You could just think, you know what, it's my duty to stop this country falling into the hands of another adult Hitler. That's why that language is so dangerous, because you really have.
Speaker 9: To die about it.
Speaker 12: And that's the problem, James, is this language has been prevalent on all sides in American politics for a very long time. The left accusing the right of accusing Republicans of wanting to kill people by taking away their health care. You know, sometimes the right accusing liberals and progressives of wanting to cancel people and destroy their freedoms, this kind of stuff. It just this is a country right now, James, that feels increasingly like the initiatives, the momentum is being driven by the most extreme voices on both sides. That again, that is that's good Win.
Speaker 2: Will Girard, that's my being concerned. That's why I to have you on a chat about it. But on that baby Hitler game, I always turned around say well what about a baby Jean Jacques Rousseau might have saved some problems with that too. Thanks so much for your time, Gerard, really appreciate it. Now stick around because you know that cringe Kamala Harris interview that's been doing the rounds. Well, we're gonna do a deep dive with Adam Coleman on that next. But first, this is hilarious. You know how Donald Trump was very cross indeed about his treatment at the UN. Well New York voiceover and lipsick actor Branson Gates has reimagined the president's complaints about the UN as if they were coming from a guy who's about to get cut off at the bar.
Speaker 3: The United Nations was an escalator that on the way up, stopped right in the middle. If the first lady wasn't in great shape, she would have fallen. But she's in great shape. We're both in good shape, we both still.
Speaker 1: And then it's all that didn't work.
Speaker 3: This is These are the two things I got from the United Nations. A bad escalator and a bad teleprompter.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Sorry, mister President. You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here. Kamala cringe in a tick. Welcome back to the program, now thrilled to be joined by my good friend Adam B. Coleman, the founder of Wrong Speak Publishing an author of the book The Children We Left Behind. Adam, thanks so much for coming on. I know we've got to talk about Kamala Harris's new book, which is set to cause some major headaches for Camp Biden. A new excerpts lifted the lid on the infamous Maga hat moment when Joe Biden put on the cap and she wrote, he took it. I thought, don't put it on. He put it on. Cameras clicked. Within hours, the picture was all over Joe Biden in a Maga hat with the caption Biden endorses Trump. Harris Adam tell us how this book is starting to make waves already in the Biden camp, which I think is pretty embarrassed by some of the revelations in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Well, I mean, this book just highlights what a lot of us have already suspected. And actually I think it was just a bad secret. Everyone knows that Kamala Harris and Joe Biden didn't get along like that. We saw from the very beginning, and we saw it especially at the bitter end when they said Joe don't come on the campaign trail with us.
Speaker 4: He was a liability.
Speaker 13: So from the very start we saw that this relationship wasn't all that solid in the first place.
Speaker 4: But over time you would hear rumors.
Speaker 13: Coming from the White House and other politicals talking about some risks between the different staffs and different offices. So it doesn't surprise me that Joe Biden would put the Maga hat on even though being advised not to do it. That's it as a jab or as a joke, or maybe he did it because he was too snout to realize that what he was putting on.
Speaker 2: So who knows, who knows, who knows, But you know, we've got all of this great material now coming out from Camala's book tour. She did a big interview with MSNBC in which well she went from strengths to strengths. I mean here she was labeling Donald Trump a tyrant.
Speaker 14: Right now, we are dealing with, as I called him at my speech on the Ellipse, a tyrant. We used to compare the strength of our democracy to communist dictators. That's what we're dealing with right now, Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: But my favorite bit Adam was here when he said that they wouldn't pick Pete boodhage Ed's the Transportation secretary as a running mate because he was gay, because it was too risky.
Speaker 14: Hell is to this to be a black woman running for president of the United States and as a vice presidential.
Speaker 8: Running mate a gay man.
Speaker 14: With the stakes being so high, it made me very sad, but I also realized it would be a real risk no matter how. You know, I've been an advocate and an ally of the LGBT community my entire life, So it wasn't about it wasn't about it right, So it wasn't about any any prejudice on my part.
Speaker 2: Adam so much for the Party of Inclusion there. I love that bit though, where she like you could see her brain realizing that she's just said something really bad and she tries to walk it back.
Speaker 1: What do you think.
Speaker 13: It doesn't surprise me that she put her foot in her mouth, you know, to say that she didn't pick pick Buddha Chez because he's gay, but because how other people might make it difficult for him, and so I'm just doing him a favor by not choosing him. It just shows a love of cowardice that Kamala Harris is and many of the Democrats who are in power.
Speaker 2: Are listen to Scott Bessant, who is the Treasury Secretary and an openly gay man, talking about what Kamala Harris had say.
Speaker 1: Three things Maria.
Speaker 15: First, it shows her emphasis on identity politics, and the American people have moved on too. It shows how low regard she holds the American people that they shees just a terrible candidate. And three, you wouldn't pick Pete Budajette because he might have been the worst Transportation secretary in history.
Speaker 2: And Adam, it strikes me here that the real thing is that, you know, the Republican President Donald Trump, who supposedly this monster, has appointed the highest ranking gay official, openly gay official in American history. Kamala Harris is saying, oh, we can't do that because it's too risky. Which side of politics is really the politics of merit and inclusion here?
Speaker 13: Well, actually the side of politics right now about merit inclusion is coming from the right. But what I would say is this is about identity matters only when it matches your persuasion, only when it matches the language that's coming from that particular person. If this particular person is black and conservative and they're the first of whatever, they don't count. And that's how you end up with unremarkable presidential candidates like Kamala Harris, who from even when I was a Democrat, thought she was an unimpressive.
Speaker 4: Politician, even as a senator. So this is what ends up happening.
Speaker 13: People like Kamala Harris become a symbol of something rather than a person. So we don't get to judge her on which he is capable of doing, which isn't very much.
Speaker 4: We have to look at her as a.
Speaker 13: Symbol of some sort and symbolic politics surrounding identity is a failure, and it's failure even from their own choices. I ourpously chose not to choose people to judge.
Speaker 2: Well, they purposely chose that. They purposely chose to pick somebody on identity, not merit. But Kamala Harris seems to be suffering from this insane relevant deprivation syndrome because now she's also been on the view, of course, talking about her voice being president in history.
Speaker 1: Have a look.
Speaker 14: It is the closest presidential race in the twenty first century in terms of the outcome. We don't say that again, but he likes to say over and over again, he's got a mandate and well, and that's part of why I wrote this book, because history will talk about this race. It is part of American history, and it was important to me that when history is written, that my voice be present.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I sort of recall it being a bit of an electoral college blow up. But you know what about this her voice being president history. This is the ego and the delusion here, Adams.
Speaker 13: Well not just delusion. You know, what she is doing is very much so loser rhetoric. Only losers talk about how close they came to winning.
Speaker 4: And you know what winners do. Win. Winners win, It doesn't matter if it's by an ench or not. They won.
Speaker 13: And so what she is doing is going around with this book with loser language, giving loser conversations to loser networks and loser TV shows, and they're all clapping their hands sympathetic to her because.
Speaker 4: You were just so close.
Speaker 13: Oh if only these races just came out and voted for you, just one more time. Like she ran a doomed, doomed campaign. Everyone knew that this was going to happen. No person who could actually win an election presidential election would actually take on the challenge that she did. She was set up to fail because the Democrats didn't realize that Joe Biden was too senile. They were too egotistical to think that he could win against President Trump.
Speaker 2: Adam, You're absolutely right. We're gonna have to leave it there. But as I always like to say, the view is for losers. The US Report is for winners. So thank you for coming on the US Report that has always now don't go anywhere. And if you didn't get enough Kamala there after the break, you're gonna love what I've got for Only in America. But first, Ilhano mar the Smali American congressman from Minnesota. Well, check out what happened when Donald Trump was asked about her in the Oval Office just a few hours ago.
Speaker 3: I think you know, I met the head of Somalia.
Speaker 8: Did you know that? And I suggested that maybe he'd like to take her back. He said, I don't want to.
Speaker 2: I don't care. This is the most fun administration in history. Now stick around for some more fun because Only in America is next. Welcome back to the program, and now it's time for a little segment we like to call Only in America. Hey, we've had a bit of fun with Kamala's new book tonight, but check this out radio show. Kyle and Company decided to have their own fun with the audio version the audiobook of Kamala's bedoiirs by slowing it down.
Speaker 13: I've been going through the Kamala Harris audiobook last night.
Speaker 1: The Way to Do It as Torture says. That is my evil brain decided maybe.
Speaker 4: If we slow it down.
Speaker 1: She sounds strong.
Speaker 4: If you want me to give you a little sam In the.
Speaker 14: Summer of twenty one, during her final trip to.
Speaker 7: Shifton as German Chancellor, it'll be a point where.
Speaker 8: I hosted other that will not be back for the rest.
Speaker 4: I think they were serving mimosas, to.
Speaker 1: Say the least.
Speaker 2: Look, that's all the time we've got for this week. Go enjoy a mimosa, or, better yet, a steak sandwich and bloodyberry in a steak sandwich. Until next time, Bye bye,