Speaker 1: Good morning, Melbourne. Wakey, wakey, Jason Lauren.
Speaker 2: Start your morning.
Speaker 1: The right way can be great. It's gonna be a good day.
Speaker 3: This is Jason Lauren one one hundred.
Speaker 4: Well, good morning everybody, right on six o'clock working your Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Melbourne morning. Wow, it was windy out there last night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jase, Jason lows Jason over, Jasons over.
Speaker 5: This is gonna get so annoying.
Speaker 4: I said, over, is this how we're communicating? Over? You're gonna hit the which button?
Speaker 5: Laurene, please stop contact the walking talkie over?
Speaker 4: Copy that, Lauren can help some copy that an incident in this night. You can't hit at the same talk guys, No, no, hello, please please drive through?
Speaker 5: How do you turn the volume down on?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: So I bought us walkie talkie really because today we're going on a road trip the snow.
Speaker 5: We are we must go, Clint. It's going to be a long four hours, isn't it?
Speaker 3: For me?
Speaker 2: Through?
Speaker 4: What can I get? Quite? They've got irish minute McDonald's two quarter pounds in a large fries place.
Speaker 2: We only have brand stop.
Speaker 1: Okay, everyone put the walking talking down. You know there's such thing as a mobile phone if we want to talk to and a convoy.
Speaker 2: Copy that, Clint, Oh my god, I only know over copy that.
Speaker 4: Copy that and over and our is that to finish the conversation. It's like, hold you mic up? Yeah, yeah, thanks the chat there, Clint, I'll see on the mountain. Over and ow.
Speaker 5: I don't think truck drive is actually sat out?
Speaker 2: Do they? No?
Speaker 4: No, don't check. I've set over and now I.
Speaker 5: Don't think truck I was actually say over and out?
Speaker 2: Ye?
Speaker 4: Sorry is that you Roger?
Speaker 5: You guys are so annoying.
Speaker 6: Guys.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it's too early for this.
Speaker 4: We're gonna absolutely do your head in today.
Speaker 1: You're already doing my head in and it's six oh two.
Speaker 5: We got to drive for four hours.
Speaker 4: Okay, weapons down, everyone put you walking. Talking is down.
Speaker 1: We are going to Mount Buller today. We're taking a whole bunch of listeners. It is going to be so much fun, especially the drive.
Speaker 4: We must go.
Speaker 1: I tried everything to get a helicopter, but it's like the wimbiest day we've ever had. No let's yeah, yeah, So there was no get through the chopper.
Speaker 4: No we can, but would just be sitting in the chopper also.
Speaker 5: Driving to work.
Speaker 1: There was stuff all over the roads. To be careful if you're driving this morning. There is rubbish and things all over the roads from the wind.
Speaker 4: Hey bit to get across this morning. Em some crazy fan trying to break into Channel seven to see Larry and he's gold logie. I always say that to me. Up's the value of the celebrity. When are death threats involved, I.
Speaker 1: Go, oh, was it a death threat or did you just pop it?
Speaker 4: Stalk up? You're getting there? Death threat? You made it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: I think that's the wrong attitude.
Speaker 2: I hope Larry's feeling safe this morning.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm sure he's being.
Speaker 2: Taken Well, that's how serious it was.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope he's been looked after this morning. Hey, huge things in Melbourne yesterday as well with Michael Voss. What about that chasing down a guy who stole a car, crushed it rolled It's obviously everyone saw it, but I mean he.
Speaker 4: Did a citizen's arrest. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I know. It's so scary though, because when they got that guy he had a knife, Like, yeah, I just got to you just got to be so careful. He must have just gone into like fight or flight mode. I imagine the other day.
Speaker 4: It's one of the dads at school got attacked by a bloody junkie in the city at eleven o'clock in the middle of the day with a knife.
Speaker 2: And where was Michael Voss then?
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, I mean, seriously, boss a fifty game, he'd look good in a cape.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Not all heroes wear capes.
Speaker 4: No, no, but he would look good in one.
Speaker 2: That's why you won a brown lame metal. That's all right, tackling prowess.
Speaker 4: So look, we're going to be chatting with the cafe Ony coming up in the next twenty minutes. Also later on this morning, the experts.
Speaker 1: Lauren, Oh my gosh, I'm so excited about today's expert.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I would say most people in Melbourne, the large majority, maybe ninety percent of people, would have this thing that we are talking about today in their lives or in their homes, and I think it causes a lot of conflict. And it's actually one of the very few things that Jason I agree on.
Speaker 4: We'll get to it. I've got a bit to learn after seven o'clock this morning.
Speaker 1: They're coming up next, guys. Yesterday was a huge day for us. Oh yes, a big day for our little team.
Speaker 4: We're going to chat about that and how my world's collided. Oh, Lauren entered my house, Clint World's colliding. She came out for a little visit down Are you there right across Melbourne? This is number one hundred. Good morning, it has just got eight past six. You're on the air with Jason.
Speaker 7: Lauren.
Speaker 4: Clint's here as well and coming up very soon. Are going to be chatting with the cafe owner, who's whose business had to deal with that guy with the knife yesterday? And VOSSI, God love him, the absolute hero of the moment, chasing him down performing a citizens arrest. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I think they what thing to experience and to see. But I think they're all involved in trying to catch this guy. And Michael Voss.
Speaker 3: Milk bar and can I tell you Channel nine was shooting story across the road and just so happened to be there at the exclusive vision and interview.
Speaker 4: How does that happen all the time?
Speaker 1: That's luck, there's a director on the side. Okay, we're here. There's Michael Voss coming out of the coffee the car from out the window with.
Speaker 4: A knife a plant from general Yeah, can't say too much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they needed a big story.
Speaker 4: Twenty bucks as it's t Jane disguise our chompers. Hey, guys, big big day yesterday, and it was a.
Speaker 1: Huge day for us, a really exciting day.
Speaker 4: And we don't normally comment on this sort of stuff or dive into it, but radio ratings came out, and let's be honest, this show has been on a bit of a journey, and some of the people that listen to this show, we've had a lot of people follow us over from the other station where we used to work, a lot of new listeners here at over embrace the.
Speaker 2: Show in a long and winding road it.
Speaker 1: Really has where there's been a roller coaster.
Speaker 4: And yesterday and who knows for how long, but.
Speaker 5: We'll celebrate the small winds.
Speaker 4: We'll celebrate this win because it could be taken away at any moment.
Speaker 1: Our Little Show went to number one on the ratings, which is which was hugely surprising, surprising for us. I think we thought we were being punked when we got told. But there's just no way that we would be here and have these jobs and be in this position if it wasn't for everyone in their cars right now listening or listening on the overplayer app or listening at home. So we just wanted to be a little self indulgent for a minute and say thank you so much to everyone for their.
Speaker 5: Support, their encouragement, their kindness.
Speaker 1: You know, it's a real gentle reminder for anyone out there who might be going through something and they're being told they're not good enough, or they're in a position where, you know, they might have lost their job, or they might be feeling like that someone's trying to click their wings a little bit. Just keep pushing, because yesterday was a nice little cherry on top for us.
Speaker 2: I think it's just keep swimming, keep swimming, just.
Speaker 4: Keep swimming, Just keep swimming, just keep pushing. Yeah either way, Yeah, I mean it either way it works. But yeah, it was. It was a really it was a really exciting day. And not a second of yesterday was lost on us, no, you know, And and a huge thank you to our team that work behind the scenes and everyone here at nover.
Speaker 1: Through just guys, they give yourselves a pat on the back, give yourselves a cheer. Let's go.
Speaker 4: That was not very important, No, Yeah, flash forwards tonight seven pm when we're at the Snow let's let's stop. Let's not go, let's stop swimming. Everyone here at Omber one hundred who have just embraced us and made us feel so welcome. The only negative with yesterday was it was my wife's birthday.
Speaker 5: It was you're very organized in your wife's birthday.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Lauren, well done.
Speaker 4: I got home and I have to say, hey, babe, happy birthday. I hope you don't mind, but I've said the project can come around and set up a camera crew in the living room tonight. Lauren and Paul are coming around for the live cross. Everyone's going to be here in two hours. We just need to clean.
Speaker 2: Up that go down, Oh that well.
Speaker 4: That well.
Speaker 5: The house was immaculate when I got there.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: It's like you'd had Gym's cleaning through Jim clean.
Speaker 2: I work in television and I know how many people are production like that takes. It's not just one or two, is it.
Speaker 4: There's a couple of blakes there, some.
Speaker 1: Lights and you know, Jace was an old, an old cable guy back in the day Channel seven. So when they were trying to set up he was like, come on, lads, let me do the cable. He was I was like this is dad, get up, let them do it.
Speaker 4: Roll the cable guys, everyone gather around. I'll show you how to roll the camera cable.
Speaker 1: Ah. He was down on his ends and knees. He goes the dejero, which is what it's like the coverage if that if you think, because it was so windy, thought it was going to go down. So he's climbing through an air vent ducked to try and get it plugged.
Speaker 5: Into his home internet.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, I've.
Speaker 1: Never seen the big boy so agile. And he went straight back to his youth.
Speaker 4: And then I was quite sweaty for the cross, which didn't work out well.
Speaker 1: He got dressed up for the cab and he had no shoes on. He's very much at home.
Speaker 4: There was a moment though, cleaned. Everything was going great on the project. Very professional interview were thanking everyone for listening to the show. I don't think Lauren took the question the right way, but they asked if we had any shade to throw at the competition. Do you guys have any words for your competitives, any SmackDown talk that could be you.
Speaker 1: The dirty talker, not that kind of Dirday, not that kind of third talk.
Speaker 4: My wife was like, what do you mean, I've never heard him talk just at work.
Speaker 3: Du well done, guys, I watched that You're Beautiful. I was on television exactly the same time. They'll be more people watching me than were.
Speaker 1: We competition.
Speaker 2: We were competitors for a moment, but now we're back being a family.
Speaker 4: Hey, it's just gone thirteen past six. Thank you again to everyone who listens to the show and a supporters. We honestly appreciate it. All right, that aside, let's have some fun and move on. Coming up this morning, five thousand bucks up for grabs and next, Vossi the Superhero is on the street to Melbourne performing Citizens Arrest and we'll dive into it next. She is a windy day out there today. Take it easy. I always freak out on days like this when I'm going over the bolty and like I've got a big truck next to me. Sorry if you're sorry right now, if you're going over the bolty with the truck next year, I'm sure it's not going to tip or anything, but it's just I've got two fears in three fish.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't like being stuck around too many times.
Speaker 4: The track, falling in on the destination, a great white getting me oh, and my luggage bursting open on the conveyor belt with the airport. They are my three fears.
Speaker 1: You're so cooked.
Speaker 2: Imagine if all three happened in one day.
Speaker 4: Rather fiar used to be needles, and I knew if I got to tack my shark, there's a good chance I'll need a needle if I live.
Speaker 1: Oh Clinton, I aren scared needles. Put them anywhere straight in the face.
Speaker 4: It's just.
Speaker 1: As we get older, it's.
Speaker 4: Frow an egg on that forehead.
Speaker 5: Later it's pretty fresh, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Hey guys?
Speaker 4: Sorry, it's like a tip and yarkey grill up there.
Speaker 2: Drama in Hawthorne, Yeah, just yesterday.
Speaker 5: What about it?
Speaker 3: Barton Milk but which is quite a hot spot for people who live around the area.
Speaker 1: Well, we're talking about things that terrify you. This is what terrifies me. Sixteen year old in a stolen car flipping in nearly I mean, anything could have gone wrong.
Speaker 2: So stolen Mercedes, right, this is terrifying.
Speaker 1: It's happening so often in Melbourne.
Speaker 4: A youth crime is out of control. Next week we've got was it Chief Wigham. No, Shane Patten, Police Commissioner. Police Commissioner Shan Patten, not Chief wigam coming in like jokes aside, we have a massive problem here in Melbourne and I want to know how the cops are tackling it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now, this was all over the news yesterday, Clint.
Speaker 3: It was absolutely Michael Voss. It turns out was the hero. He was the man on the scene, first on the scene, apprehended the offender, the young offender in the car, and this was him on Channel nine last night.
Speaker 8: It was a little bit of actually, and I was sort of hoping to be on a cop of days break.
Speaker 2: But no, it's all good.
Speaker 8: Everyone's safe and healthy and that's probably all the matters.
Speaker 4: James, the owner of the Button milk Bar, joins us. Now, morning James, and morning guys.
Speaker 9: How are you?
Speaker 4: We're good? First six? First? Are you a are your cart and supporter?
Speaker 9: Do you recognize I was full supportive of I think Carlton my second team.
Speaker 1: Now I reckon, So James, talk us through what happened from your perspective.
Speaker 5: You've obviously got the milk bar right where it happened.
Speaker 9: Yeah. Yeah, So we're on the opposite corner to all of the action. And funnily enough, I was making Bossy a couple of coffees and just looked out the window and a car came through the roundabout and obviously gone to too fast cut the corner and ended up landing on the footpath, which is quite scary because that's a very very busy footpath at a corner that all the families, you know, all the parents say their kids in the morning. We've got a primary school a couple of hundred meters away, and it's you know, nine am on a Tuesday morning. Worse time for this to happen.
Speaker 1: And so what did you do?
Speaker 5: Did you all leap straight into action?
Speaker 9: I think there was the initial shock that hey, there's a car accident. We need to see who is in the car, and we need to get them out or help them out somehow. And so the car was still long, like automatic car, so it was quite noisy from like underneath the car. It was on its side, and so there's the initial shock. There's probably a group of people that we were looking at the car. It was sort of like trying to assess the situation, I guess, and then that's when the door opened. Up from the top of the car and two crooks jumped.
Speaker 4: Out, and are they carrying a knife?
Speaker 9: They were, they were, but we didn't We didn't find this out until a bit later.
Speaker 1: That's the scary thing, right, You guys leap into action, you try and do the right thing, and you're probably running on adrenaline. You chase these kids down. But gosh, it could have ended so much, could have been so much worse.
Speaker 4: So did VOSSI do the whole citizens arrest? Did he tackling?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 9: It was really impressed. It was something of like, you know, hats off to the absolute hero and and you know the way that he handled the situation, you know, the the crooks sort of jumped out of the car, land on the floor and then they were off. And then obviously he sort of had no hesitation he was filming it, and then it kind of went from him filming it to give him chase was legal.
Speaker 2: Tackle it was?
Speaker 9: It was like a bear sort of.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think Michael Christian, the matter review officer, is currently looking at it, having we need to go to the tribunal fairpoint. What did what was James? What was Bossy saying in that moment was he I mean you say he was calm?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was. It was really impressive. How how you know calm? It was because I was even thinking last night, like I certainly haven't done anything like that before. I think he would have done something like that before. But to kind of to chase, to chase these guys, you know, maybe a hundred meters away and then down behind an apartment block, wow, you know, and then jumping scaling a couple of senses and like a few like the bin been area, and then laying a tackle on on one of those guys. You know, that's that's really impressive.
Speaker 1: I reckon he could get a game for the Blues if they have few too many injuries.
Speaker 5: He could jump in.
Speaker 4: I reckon we could all get a game for the Blues.
Speaker 9: At the moment, I think he's still got it.
Speaker 1: He's still got it. You're going to shout him some coffees this morning, James, does he.
Speaker 9: Get like he doesn't. He doesn't pay for coffees anymore.
Speaker 2: Here a.
Speaker 3: Gold card, And I've beaten the Barton milk Bar and any times before, and the toasted sambos are very very good.
Speaker 4: Strong James, I'm glad everyone's safe, mate, thanks for jumping on this morning.
Speaker 9: Thanks guys, thanks for having me.
Speaker 5: I'm glad everyone's safe. Se So milk get on down there.
Speaker 3: See in the vision he's actually got his iPhone out and videoing the actual incident and him apprehending this young punk.
Speaker 4: Can we go back to Lauren's initial question on the morning from a milk bow, I think it's the one If it isn't while we got him on.
Speaker 2: The I think I made a mess of that because.
Speaker 1: You messed up at the start and then I couldn't split my words out.
Speaker 5: It's very early.
Speaker 2: For a number one, too, nailing it for long.
Speaker 4: Let me set the scene.
Speaker 1: But an, okay, what the hell is going on in the world of roller coasters?
Speaker 5: There is breaking news in the world of roller coasters, small industry.
Speaker 4: How good was this one? When can we get Ryan on the show players?
Speaker 5: Guys, I believe he's coming out here soon.
Speaker 4: Cinema text, Well, play.
Speaker 1: The roller coaster one again, because I want to talk roller coasters. I haven't got a story to talk about that song.
Speaker 4: Please, there we go again, Here we go set the same riders.
Speaker 1: God, well, I'll tell you what I won't be doing today and that he is riding any roller coasters. Have you seen what happened in SeaWorld? This is thirteen passengers. They're saying thirteen people were on a ride in SeaWorld at two point thirty when they were suspended meters in the air until they were free at ten past four, almost two hours. Hours they had to get they had to get brought down in a cherry picker. But while they were sitting up there suspended in the air, they gave them umbrellas to shade themselves from the sun, and they gave them snacks.
Speaker 4: Oh taught me up nacks. Put me up there.
Speaker 2: I want to raise you.
Speaker 5: What on earth?
Speaker 1: It was twenty four degrees stangling up there for two hours.
Speaker 3: Sorry, you give me Sea World, I'll give you six Flags Mexico, six Flags Spanish music.
Speaker 1: Six Flags is specting a supergol.
Speaker 4: This is like the It's like a theme park on steroids for roll.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The Supergirl Skyflight takes passengers on a twisting trip into the sky seventy five meters the ground where it also got stuck and it was also raining.
Speaker 4: Was it upside down? That's my worst upside down.
Speaker 2: It's twisting its turn.
Speaker 4: How do they get you out if you're hanging upside down because they opened the little yeah, the hatchet.
Speaker 1: And you're dropping the seventy five meters.
Speaker 3: Seventy five meters and then a storm hits so they have to suspend the rescue effort.
Speaker 1: Is this like in the last twenty four hours?
Speaker 2: This is the last twenty five twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: So is there a malfunction in roller coasters in the world?
Speaker 4: Big shout out to anyone heading to tell Amarine off to the Gold coaster this morning?
Speaker 1: Is this why two K for roller coasters?
Speaker 4: Didn't you get stuck in a lyft on a boat?
Speaker 1: I did get stuck in a lyft on a boat. Heeh, No, did you get stuck somewhere?
Speaker 2: I got stuck on a ferris with.
Speaker 10: Hey.
Speaker 4: We were on there and there.
Speaker 3: It was a bit of a piss week one as well. It wasn't very big, but it was on the Newcastle Foreshore.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and.
Speaker 3: I was sort of I think I was like thirteen fourteen. We were away with with family and it just stopped and they were going were sitting with a girl. I was actually alone and the volunteers or the staff were going carriage to carriage to try and prize people out, and then I was at about three corps the way out and it started working again. By the time they sort of got to two below me, it started working again.
Speaker 2: Didn't get rest of terrified.
Speaker 5: How long were you stuck there?
Speaker 2: And you know how those little baskets start swaying in?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, how long were you stuck?
Speaker 2: I reckon it was about twenty minutes. Twenty five minutes.
Speaker 1: I would have felt like forever forever and trust you to get stuck on a fair But it wasn't even one of the lamest of all the time.
Speaker 2: And I was by myself in the carriage. I think, brother, insister a down below.
Speaker 4: Better make a move on myself, or we've got the view thirteen twenty fourteen. Where have you been stuck? Or if you know of someone who's been stuck in a compromising position? Oh, not like that, but maybe you were stuck in that position.
Speaker 1: Third, remember when we had that band Shepherd in at the old station to do an interview.
Speaker 5: Oh that's right, they got stuck in the lift.
Speaker 4: We to do the interview with them on the phone in the lift. Well they are in the building. Really sums up our equipment of the old joint. Thirteen to twenty fourteen is our number. Where have you been stuck? God? I love her, so bring a carpenter taste.
Speaker 2: I know she is. She's very on trend.
Speaker 5: She is very on really single, single and ready for.
Speaker 2: Telling me I've got a chance.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just saying she's single.
Speaker 4: Weather reportant Hell has just frozen over again. You're on the air with Chase and Lauren Clint here from the newsroom, and we are talking where did you get stuck? Here? On over two roller coasters, one in Mechic Goal and one on the Juwe soon.
Speaker 1: On the Gold Coast. They were stuck there for nearly two hours, and they it was twenty four degrees and sunny, so they gave them umbrellas and snacks.
Speaker 5: How did you go to the bathroom?
Speaker 4: My idea of being stuck at Seawell for two hours, just in general, is just walking through the gates. I remember last time we went there, sitting the kids down in the car park, going all right, you're five, No, dud, I'm seven, you're five. Yeah.
Speaker 1: My parents smuggled me into one of those theme parks, pretending it was like.
Speaker 2: Us at Sizzler.
Speaker 4: Tickets always cheaper, Sisler.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it was cheaper under ten, and.
Speaker 4: Then you realize you go through the whole drama of practicing, and then you get to the gate and there's some fourteen year old kid who doesn't care anywhere.
Speaker 2: No, I mean you could be eight for all he knows.
Speaker 1: All right, Melbourne thirteen, twenty four ten. Where'd you get stuck? Claire?
Speaker 5: Good morning?
Speaker 6: Good morning guys.
Speaker 4: How are you excellence?
Speaker 11: That's good?
Speaker 4: I'm in this chat.
Speaker 10: I got stuck in a lift in Bali with my arm in the hand railing.
Speaker 1: What Oh, you physically got yourself stuck the lift, didn't get jammed, You got stuck in the lift.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got fully stuck in a lift.
Speaker 4: And what happened? The heat made your arms swell. I don't get it.
Speaker 10: I was young, traveling with my family and I decided, oh, yeah, I'm funny enough, I can try jump and sit up on this thing, and my arm fell through.
Speaker 5: How did you get out to have to cut you out?
Speaker 4: She's not she's going from Bali.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 2: Did you know what? The first responders in Bali don't struck me as being very quick on the scene.
Speaker 7: We're just kind of to wiggle my arm out.
Speaker 1: How long were you stuck there?
Speaker 6: Probably?
Speaker 10: I think about half an hour because the lift keep going up and down, while.
Speaker 5: My mum and dad would have been three Speaking of Bali, very quickly.
Speaker 3: I had a friend to get stuck in Bali. Also, we're on a Bucks weekend, which is also a wedding weekend. We went out and he gets stuck in to Motel Mexicola between night spots. After Motil Mexicola, we went to get an ice cream and he decided it to be a good idea to climb into the fridge and.
Speaker 2: He got stuck in the fridge because he was so hot. He was shitzing.
Speaker 4: Drum and raisin and that young Australian there stuck in.
Speaker 2: The ice cream free and Wooly is his name?
Speaker 4: Last question in the ice cream the fridge? Who on a Bucks Nike goes to get an ice cream?
Speaker 2: Oh, we did it? You know what? All sorts of things happened on Bucks.
Speaker 1: There's worst places you could have got stuck at a Bucks party in Bali, stuck next to Chappelle, Corby in prison, got.
Speaker 4: A Lisa in rye lease, you got stuck in hospital.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's about four very similar to this girl before four weeks ago went for an operation. They apparently all got tolded lists it's been changed the circuit, but didn't tell any patients going in. So I walked in all of a sudden bangs, so I just stuck. It just stopped midway and you could feel it vibraiding. So I sprang emergency and they said just say they were trying to get someone for over half an hour. I'm sitting in the lift while vibraiding, just waiting to keep people running around the hospital. In the hospital so if anything happened, it was the best place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I just think I went in there in an emergency and then he's stuck in there.
Speaker 4: I just think of that opening scene in Speed, you know, when they're dragging him out of the lift and the lady's legs almost get cut.
Speaker 2: To remember the Yeah, I haven't seen it.
Speaker 4: She hasn't seen Speed, mate.
Speaker 5: It's andible that she is.
Speaker 4: I told her about it. When you're in when you're in Paris, I'm you've seen speech like nat are you?
Speaker 5: That's why I know Sandra Bullocks and we're talking about the other day.
Speaker 4: I'm on the bus.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, I haven't seen it, seen Miss Congeniality.
Speaker 2: What about Miss Congeniality too?
Speaker 5: Saying that too?
Speaker 1: Obviously I watched all the big movies.
Speaker 4: You're the only one that saw that. Matthew in Barania? Where were you stuck for two hours?
Speaker 2: Toilet?
Speaker 4: Sorry? Sorry say that again?
Speaker 7: Toilet.
Speaker 12: I was stuck in my own toilet in my bathroom.
Speaker 8: Hellw pins and needles almost I had a doorlets doze't shot properly, although you kin'd of from the inside out.
Speaker 12: And my son decided to come in as I was sitting on the toilet to try and show me something to shut the door behind him and loss both in there for a bit hour and a halfway him to get the fiber gate to come and.
Speaker 2: So you weren't actually on the can, which is the good news.
Speaker 12: I was.
Speaker 4: You got to sit down. He's been in there for two hours.
Speaker 1: Once upon a time I lived at Tommy Little's house and it was Derby day and my hair and makeup artist said, I'm just going to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 5: Was like six o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 1: Tommy was still in bed, and she ran into the bathroom and I just sat there for like twenty minutes and I was like, I think she's okay, maybe she's maybe something's happened. So I went up to the bathroom and she was locked in there and the door handle had fallen off, and I was like, I've got to get to Derby Day. She was like, well, I got to get out of here. Tommy was just like and I had to go and wake him up. He'd been out all night and we had to take the door off, the hinges. The two of us was like dumb and dumber trying to get that thing off. Poor woman, she's second in front. An hour.
Speaker 4: I couldn't get a Derby Day without a face.
Speaker 5: No, absolutely not.
Speaker 4: Late to Darby Day. Poor Tommy was hut a lease, where were you stuck?
Speaker 1: You shouldn't have been using power tools, Lara, Lara, she's been a long night.
Speaker 7: Hello, I was stuck in a preag So I've went to Woolworths. It was on New Yuesday and we'd got I'd gone to Woolworths. We were camping and gone to the wol waves at the local door and the you know the big door fridges. There was no milk, but I could see to cut away in the corner just a crate of milk. I was so clever, so I opened the door, climbed in, walked down to grab from the milk. But the doors you can't open from the inside, so I was stuck at the glass fridge door at Woolworth. Well, I I panicked. I had my phone on me, luckily, so I rang my girlfriend who had gone shopping with me.
Speaker 4: Again, were the big puffa jacket where they look like they're stuck in the fruit summer?
Speaker 7: I think I was probably in short from the singlet.
Speaker 4: You imagine you were colds, just cruising along looking at the ice perm and then you see me sitting there.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, how embarrassing though it'd be so embarrassed. Yeah, yeah, oh no, she's still.
Speaker 4: Good reception in the fridge. Oh well, Good morning, Melbourne, and welcome to you a Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Melbourne. It's a bit windy and wild out there.
Speaker 4: I know it's crazy. Take it easy on the road.
Speaker 1: That wind last night mental crazy. Yeah, lots of trees and rubbish and things all over the road this morning, so please be careful.
Speaker 4: You're over at my place yesterday afternoon after you left, the kids jumped in the pool.
Speaker 1: I know, I thought they were gonna get blown out.
Speaker 4: I know I was hoping for the best. Hey, Lozzie, there's not much you and I agree on.
Speaker 1: There is wine that's a bit unfair, But there is something that you and I are very passionate. We are always in heated agreement about.
Speaker 4: I would say this thing you and I agree on is actually the cause of many arguments in couples and relationships around Melbourne. Yeah, and this morning we are going to get an expert in this field on.
Speaker 1: In fact, even if you've got a housemate, this stuff can drive you up the.
Speaker 4: Way, absolutely. But this expert that going to join us after seven thirty is going to finally reveal once and for all who was in the right well, reveal what they're an experty in. Coming up after seven thirty this morning, also on the way your chance to win five K with the five K question. But next we're going on a road trip. This is Nomber one hundred.
Speaker 1: Good morning, We're off to the snow.
Speaker 4: I'm a little excited. Road trip. Road trip question. Question question I've never been before. Do we go past it's been to the snow?
Speaker 5: What I'm nervous about.
Speaker 1: He's going to be a liability because he thinks he's a bit of a legend, but he's never actually done it.
Speaker 5: I'm concerned it's going to ruin our adventure.
Speaker 2: You're not a Lisa Campllon.
Speaker 5: Hang on, I've remember to know who that is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fellow snow bunny, you're not Lydia Lasslaa, doesn't she? Yeah? So I've been to the snow once in New Zealand. Okay, Scotty James never hit this.
Speaker 1: He ain't no Scotty James.
Speaker 4: He's a snow bunny.
Speaker 1: Nobody.
Speaker 4: I've never hit the slopes here in Victoria. Right, big question? Big question? Do we go past those giant service stations on the highway on the way.
Speaker 2: The Superstar service?
Speaker 4: Yes? Yeah? Oh good? Why no? Just not working out the snack style.
Speaker 2: I thought you're going to buy admittance from the front counter.
Speaker 1: I like getting in the car and going I'm not stopping stopping for chains. That's it?
Speaker 5: Oh the change you need chain depending on conditions.
Speaker 4: I watched the YouTube video on how to put them on last night. I'm good to go.
Speaker 1: Terrific. What could possibly go? Okay, so we're going on a road trip. We're going to the snow. Things do go wrong with the snow sometimes.
Speaker 4: I was talking to my wife Loui about it last night. She knocked herself out when she was fourteen at snow school because she was perving on the instructor tard oh tired, and she went straight into a tree. That's the only time my wife has put on skis and knocked her self clean again. Loves the snow, but doesn't do this.
Speaker 1: We want a family holiday to Mount Bull actually, And I was skiing down these like through the trees and down these little jumps, and my dad was with me too, and he was in front of me actually, and there was a kid not on skis but in snowboots walking up through the forest like bang a kid, right, yeah yeah, And if my dad had kept going, you would have hit this kid. And so Dad swerved, hit a tree, did his knee and we were never went back to the Snow's a family again.
Speaker 4: Question? Are the rules similar to a golf course, Like there's etiquette on the slide, yeah, right of way, That's what I want to know. Like if I'm going slow on the diamond run and some professional but some profession mickey mouse run, some professionals coming past me if I'm slower, I have to give way. Correct.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a person who the person from behind needs to go run around you. Yeah, question yeah.
Speaker 4: Is it a thank you wave?
Speaker 5: Setting you don't wave, you just go what he means you wave?
Speaker 4: You probably do. If I've moved to the side to let clean through, I would expect it. No, yeah, yeah I would.
Speaker 1: I'd wave on what you're doing. See at the bottom one passed you back of the head, they can't see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but so when you cut in front, you know.
Speaker 5: Have revision mirrors in a car.
Speaker 4: You don't have that. I just put the hand out of the window.
Speaker 3: Courchevel Sounds, the south of France is where I got my ski license, which.
Speaker 4: Is very, very flashy snow.
Speaker 3: We had a mateater speaking of boozy, We went out for a few Uprey ski bevies, risky business, and he got a little bit too drunk and he passed out. The place passed out though, was in the snow outside the chalet. And is it like quicksand you just well they had a dumping of snow through the night.
Speaker 4: That's not good.
Speaker 2: No, it's not good.
Speaker 3: Thankfully he was in his snow gear so he was able to stay warm enough, but literally work with blue whips, did sleep outside. He passed out in the snow.
Speaker 4: We should all pack mass bars because it's what Stuart Diver lived up. Remember that that's how he survived. He get he was living on like a chocolate bar that he had on him.
Speaker 2: That was incredible.
Speaker 4: It was an amazing story. Thirteen twenty four ten. Don't worry. I'll bring enough chocolates for you guys. Thirteen twenty four ten. What happened at the slopes?
Speaker 2: What could go right?
Speaker 1: I just think this might freak you out though.
Speaker 4: No, it might be uplifting stories.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe fell in love with the snow exactly.
Speaker 4: Or you're uplifted into a rescue chopper. Thirteen twenty four ten. Watch your snow stories, Melbourne, because we hit the road today and we are taking the show.
Speaker 1: On our own trip.
Speaker 4: That's a right thirteen twenty four ten What upen at the Snow will hit the calls next and this is number one hundred. You're on the air with Jas and Lauren Clintier as well. We need to have a team meeting as well pre nine o'clock because we are hitting the road. We're going to the slopes we're going to the snow.
Speaker 1: We are we are heading off on a road trip shortly. Jace, isn't that familiar with the snow. I'm an okay skier?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, promise that I'd laugh if you tumble.
Speaker 5: We're just watching people trying to get back out of the snow once.
Speaker 4: With one ski.
Speaker 1: Can I go on the little sail cleans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll look fun.
Speaker 1: We'll push it right down us as weekend.
Speaker 4: It sounds like you to push down Neil thirteen, twenty four to ten. What happened at the snow? Give us a call.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Caitlin in lily Dale. Good morning, Hi, how.
Speaker 4: Are you going, Caitlyn? What happened on the slopes?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 10: I wasn't on the slopes.
Speaker 1: Where were you? So? I just got a text.
Speaker 10: But we got a My grandma passed away, so we flew from Melbourne to Adelaide to go to her funeral. Right and we all had a few the night before, but I spear tackled my husband, I bounced off the beds, I cut my eye open on the side of the glass table and I ended up in hospital with getting ten stitches. And then we had the funeral the next day.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, how does this relate to the snow?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 10: I don't know how it does. I think someone said, oh.
Speaker 5: Gosh, that's not how you want to start in the soneral.
Speaker 2: No, no, not at all.
Speaker 4: I'm going to put that on hold. Whose was that one? I hope Broy prep that, because that's that's got acro written all over it. All Right, So what happened at the snow?
Speaker 1: I don't think Grandma's.
Speaker 4: Us it's two topic day? What happened at the snow or in Adelaide? At grandma? Did Grandma at least like the snow I'm trying to find the turmbers did?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: She must be on ice, that's what it is. She's heard the topic gone. We got grandma on ice? Remember when my husband's spear tackled me. Yes, she must have hit her head when she fell off the bed. Thirteen twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: Was it at the snow?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: It was in Adelaide. That's awesome. I don't pay attention to this show either, So good on you, Caitlin.
Speaker 4: All right, thirteen twenty fourteen, let's go to the phone.
Speaker 1: What happened at the snow or in Adelaide? Diana from Richmond, Good morning, Hi, what happened to you at the.
Speaker 4: Snow or in the desert?
Speaker 11: So on our third day in Canada, and it was our second day of our snowboarding lessons, my friend was coming down the bunny floats and she she got down the bottom of the bunny float, caught her edge on her snowboard, fell back goods and broke not only one but both her wrists.
Speaker 5: Oh, on day two of the holiday holidays over.
Speaker 4: I've got those risk gards from my rollerblading days.
Speaker 11: Bring him, I would, I would recommend that, but I don't know, like you can just imagine, I don't know. I think you guys through a photo, so you should have a look. She had to go to the toilet wooden spoon with toilet paper wrapped around the edge of it. So we had a wooden spoon and spatula set up for the time you need to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 4: Shouldn't you be not a a spatuler, not some honky guy in the corner out hank.
Speaker 1: In thee up for it. I was like, you guys are good friend?
Speaker 2: Were you accept this rose piece of toilet paper.
Speaker 4: Just down the number two? Just blake around. Hi, I am here to wipe you.
Speaker 5: Oh that doesn't sound so bad, don't break it, Larissas afternoon? What do you find friends like? Diana?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: This has gone so well.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: I hope the Bachelor's at Mount Buller when we get there.
Speaker 4: Why'd you tell me?
Speaker 2: Off?
Speaker 4: The experts with Jason Lauren your vessel specialists who specialize in very special things.
Speaker 3: This week we have Andrew who specializes in dishwashers.
Speaker 4: Let's hear from the expert, Andrew Laughlin.
Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, well, good evening. If in the UK we're upside down.
Speaker 4: Andrew, how do you become a certified dishwasher expert?
Speaker 13: Well, it's not not exactly something that you just fall into necessarily. But I've worked for WHICH, which is the UK consumer organization, for well over ten years, so I'm working product testing. I've tested everything from a to a TV to all sorts of stuff, but one of my things is dishwashers. I test around sixty five a year running project that does that, so you see the worst and the.
Speaker 4: Best, question questions.
Speaker 5: I've put the drawers in my house, the dishwasher there.
Speaker 1: Normally they do they clean as well as the old pulls down traditional dishwasher.
Speaker 4: You doing like a compact dishwasher, so it's a smaller one. Yeah. Yeah, you normally see me in Bachelor Pets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got it in the kick.
Speaker 13: Unfortunately, they don't. They don't very very rarely do well in our tests.
Speaker 6: They are not.
Speaker 13: If you're compromise for space.
Speaker 2: They do have a place, but you are taking.
Speaker 4: A bit of a hit on quality. Yeah, she's not actually because so excited. It's not actually for space. She just thought she was ahead of the curve. You thought it was the way to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can.
Speaker 1: You can go and knock on the drawer and open it. If you've forgot to put something in, you put it into like the drawer where all the water comes out.
Speaker 4: Okay, here's the big one. Here's a big one, Andrew. Do you need to rinse your plates and get everything off them before you put them in the dishwasher?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 13: Absolutely, categorically no. And the reason why is because the dishwasher is set up to clean your blades. If you do basically the job of cleaning it not only kind of wasting energy and water, but actually you're kind of messing with the dishwasher system. So the way a dishwasher works typically most people pick the auto program. The way that works is it doesn't look at what you've stacked. It looks at how cloudy and dirty the water is. It's got a sensor inside it's called stability sensor, and basically it looks how cloudy the water is. So if you're basically putting clean water through, it doesn't really know what it's supposed to do. And also it kind of needs you to put your normal load. How you would put dirty dishes in?
Speaker 1: How dirty though? Like can you laid foods on the plate?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Like and the battered chicken still have rice on it?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean a bit of rice is fine.
Speaker 13: I think any like real big chunks of food, scrape them off into the bin or the compost if you if you fond of the gun. But anything that is just like a bit of a smear on a plate, you don't worry about it. It's it's set up to clean it and if you dishwash is good, it'll.
Speaker 2: Deal with it.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 4: I love this segment.
Speaker 1: This is the stuff you would not Okay, question wine glasses Are they safe in the dishwasher?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Absolutely, I mean, like you probably anything that's like crystal or like really nice. That's where pick a delicate cycle, which's around forty degrees, right, they should be fine.
Speaker 4: I mean, like the rule of thumb is, if you drink.
Speaker 13: Out of it, put it on the top rag if you eat out of put it on the bottom.
Speaker 4: You know, I did not know that rule, but yeah, it's commonly known in my group of fred draws.
Speaker 1: Is only one level. But you can flip these little things down on the side.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've all got the flip. We've all got the flip. You know what I only realized the other day, Andrew, You'll be You'll be just like, oh boy, you haven't lived.
Speaker 1: The level of the top shelf.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize you could lower the level of the.
Speaker 1: Top for long stems.
Speaker 13: To get like like a long stem wine glass in. Or if you want to put some stuff below that's high you don't want to block the spray, you can move up.
Speaker 4: Below.
Speaker 1: I've got another question. I mean, if there if I was going to the Olympics for something, it would be stacking the dishwasher like the cutlery, like the knives are together, the spoons together, just.
Speaker 4: Quickly knives up ard knives down, doesn't matter, depends, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 13: But I would usually say put any sharp knives down in case because you could scrap.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm sure you're going to give me the text book correct answer here. But for us me immortals, how often do we need to run the dishwasher cycle on the dishwasher? Like you know, you clean the entire get that and you get a little get that orange orange upside down?
Speaker 4: Yeah, are you the cleaning bottle.
Speaker 1: You need to clean the dishwater?
Speaker 13: No, I would say probably once every twenty to twenty five cycles. You probably want to run a machines machine cycle wash.
Speaker 1: Oh we're filthy people. We are twenty cycles. Like you've got four key now many kids? You got three?
Speaker 4: I think?
Speaker 1: I think I think three plus you?
Speaker 4: So you would do.
Speaker 1: Twenty cycles in a wab. You should be doing it every week just about.
Speaker 13: It does depend on how much's using it. And it also depends as well. Like people always forget to get the spray arms out. Get them out every sort of month.
Speaker 4: Probably all those things that go round actually take them out, Yeah, to.
Speaker 13: Take them out, and like because they get blocked with food, Like you'll block the jets and you want to take them out, get a little like a match stick or something like that, or tooth pick, pick anything out and then run some water through them, and then you'll find that they run.
Speaker 2: Better, and.
Speaker 4: You're telling was one's doing that.
Speaker 1: I have never in all of my years of popping into friends houses have I I've walked in on them doing the vacuuming. I've walked in on them doing the mopping. I've walked in on them changing the beds. I've never walked in and soon someone cleaning what did you call it? The squirter arms, no.
Speaker 5: Arms, the spray m.
Speaker 13: Never clean the filter clean the spray arms on a periodic basis, run the machine cycle, you know, do it and you will find it does improve results.
Speaker 1: What's dishwasher do you have in your house?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what? I reckon?
Speaker 14: You have?
Speaker 4: I reckon? You have one those ones they have in the industrial kitchens, you know, the big mill ones with the handles. They pull the handles a couple of seconds.
Speaker 1: What have you got?
Speaker 13: Well, I don't actually have a great dealer space in my kitchen as well, so I have a slim I have a slim line dishwasher from a certain brand, which I obviously couldn't endorse. But yeah, I only have a slim line dish wash because I don't have a great deal of space.
Speaker 4: But fun didn't want to go the drawers, did we.
Speaker 13: Unfortunately? Yeah, I'm not tempted buy the drawers.
Speaker 4: I'm afraid you know, we have tested them, and Andrew, she was so proud when she got the distressing draws.
Speaker 1: I no, I like them. I don't have to bend down. I saw someone who had installed their dishwasher like a meter off the ground, so don't have to bend down to put the dishwash and then straws below it.
Speaker 4: It's not the silliest thing in the world.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 4: Hey, Andrew, we really appreciate you jumping on the show. I know it's early where you are, so thank you so much for your time. I love the experts segment. This has been awesome.
Speaker 1: Thanks Andrew, no problem.
Speaker 4: Thanks guys. We are about to clock up a hundred shows on Nova, and to say thanks, we're giving you one hell of a present on the Short One Jason Lawrence one hundred thousand dollars minutes starting next week to celebrate our hundred shows for two weeks back to back. We're gonna give We're going to be giving you a chance, Fron, one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 1: It could go off multiple days, Jason, exactly.
Speaker 4: There will be a minute in each show that will be worth one hundred thousand dollars. If you can pick which minute it is, the money is yours.
Speaker 1: I can't wait for this, neither can I.
Speaker 4: It will be huge and best of all, you don't have to be smart to play.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it still requires.
Speaker 4: Our sorder contest.
Speaker 1: It is very u it's pure dumbler.
Speaker 4: So more on the one hundred thousand dollars minute throughout the week. But yes, make sure you are listening. Anyone can play one hundred thousand dollars up for grabs over two weeks, multiple days. All Melbourne winners. I will point out how good you're not competing with listeners in other cities. It is all Melbourne winners. Born of bread.
Speaker 5: You got it to celebrate one hundred shows.
Speaker 1: We've been looking back at some of our favorite moments from our hundred shows and now Jace, you chose this one.
Speaker 4: I did because I have more respect for him than you do, and you're his friend. I'm a huge fan of the movie star Matt Damon. Lauren is actually good friends with him and has only just started watching these movies. Do you have any idea how much that upsets me? But recently we facetimed into Matt Damon and got a chance to catch up with the legend himself. Good morning you guys. How you doing. I'm good, I'm good. Let's not tell everyone how long it took us to work out FaceTime, guys. Technology is amazing, isn't it.
Speaker 14: Don't say it, Jas, it's embarrassing. Don't don't let anyone know.
Speaker 1: I mean, did you manage to work this out yourself? Mad or did you have to get one of the girls to help? Because Jace was just saying he's at the age where he needs his kids to help him with the tech.
Speaker 4: Honestly, Lasi, I was.
Speaker 14: One step away from calling at the bella down here, but you guys started it, thank god.
Speaker 4: So actually, and look, we've got a lot to we've got a lot to cover. But just quickly on getting older to laws because we've only worked together for three or four years now. Yeah, I remember interviewing you. Matt got to be almost fifteen years ago now and I was about to have ten and I was about to have my first kid. And I said, any advice, and you said sleep now, because you will never sleep again. Yeah, And was I right? Well the start, I thought you were traumatic, and you are spot on, my friend. I had to sleep in exactly eleven years ago.
Speaker 14: That's great, man, it's true. And you never sleep the same even when you're you're out of town for a night or something. It's just it's just never. You never reprogram that.
Speaker 1: Well, it's funny you say that, Matt, because you're now at the other end of that where you're not like up with babies, but you're waiting up for your kids, who are now old enough to go out and party to come home. You're on the other end of the scale.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I make I make them. My mother used to do with me.
Speaker 14: Actually, she'd make me tell her whenever I got home. I had to go wake her up and just tell her I was home. And I do that with my kids because there's no way I can wait up till midnight or something.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, says this not going to happen? Can I get you to confirm a rumor? And if it is true. I'm I'm gobs backed. Did you let Lauren because one of your kids is eighteen and you guys were in Greece together. You can drink when you're eighteen, did you let Lauren take one of your kids out clubbing?
Speaker 5: He trusted?
Speaker 4: That is true.
Speaker 2: That is true.
Speaker 4: Damon, what were you thinking?
Speaker 1: Listen?
Speaker 14: It's it's all baby steps towards adulthood, and LaSIE was a good bridge for us to eventually get to, you know where where she can kind of do these things on her own. So was it my daughter pulled Lazi out of the club.
Speaker 1: I'm sure, yeah, no, she actually Bella was the one that wanted to go home. But the best part of it was before when I said, guys, what are we wearing to the club? And Isabella and her friends like Lozzi nothing too hectic, and I had to do a full fashion parade of what I was wearing to know what you're looking old? Yeah, they don't want me looking old. They didn't want me looking young.
Speaker 3: One question question five thousand dollars please.
Speaker 4: Yes, Lawrence, five thousand dollar question. Yeah, we go, Good morning Melbourne, five thousand dollars on the line. Let's go to point Cook EV, Welcome to the show. Hi guys. Eve, Hello, guys, just toned down the excitement. EV is a tax accountant.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for the work you do, because I wouldn't know how to do that on my Own's.
Speaker 4: Also a pie fan, so there is a plus you can count.
Speaker 5: I'm pressy for a Collingwood fan.
Speaker 4: EV. Big question first up? What are you feeling? Fifty dollars question? That's easy, A meetium question for five hundred or rolling the dice and going for the five k.
Speaker 10: Let's roll with this morning to the five k.
Speaker 4: That's the attitude five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't have to pay tax if you won the five thousand dollars? Would you luckily winning three? There you go.
Speaker 4: That's a good question, though, EV, can you give us the heads up if we're going to be ordered to.
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Thanks?
Speaker 1: Doesn't work for the tax department. She's just tax accounting, I know.
Speaker 4: But they're in the note. They're all hanging out the same conventions and stuff together.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: EV, you're a money gal. Let's see if we can win you five thousand dollars. I'm going to ask a question. You'll hear a three two one countdown. If you answer correctly within that time, five thousand dollars coming your way.
Speaker 4: This is your five thousand dollars question, EV from point cook.
Speaker 5: What is a group of flamingos called three two one?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry was after the buzzer?
Speaker 5: What did you guess?
Speaker 13: I had?
Speaker 1: You had no idea? Okay, the answer is a flamboyance, A flamboyance of flamingo.
Speaker 4: Bloody love flamingo, me too.
Speaker 1: Do you know that flamingos are filter feeders and they turn their heads upside down to eat?
Speaker 4: Do they also sleep on one leg? I believe.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: I'm getting a thumbs up from producer jazz yep and he's gonnaming.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure how you flamboyant and flamingos or just the one?
Speaker 4: Ev, Thanks for giving it the crack mate. Have a great day, all right.
Speaker 1: Thanks Ev.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: Flamboyance.
Speaker 4: I love the flamingos. They're very cool, very cute. Yeah, I see making some for the for the pond for the pool.
Speaker 1: You know, I meant like like, like, what are you h hefner or something? Flamingos walking around your pool in the backyard.
Speaker 4: I don't mean real ones. I mean like in the garden or you know, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: He's the state sounds like the QT on the Gold Coast some statue flamingos by two? No mate, you live? Where do you live?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 1: Doesn't screamplming goes to me.
Speaker 4: Okay, fair point. Five K question returns this time tomorrow.
Speaker 1: On Quin's coastal house.
Speaker 4: Now we're talking they can go next to the lower heats. Looks like Corumban sanctuary. Five K question returns this time tomorrow on nov Before we move on with the show. I'm hoping you can indulge this just for a second only because we want the opportunity to say.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Yes we ow Melbourne. I'm massive, thank you.
Speaker 5: We've had a huge twenty four hours.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: So so much.
Speaker 4: And look, I don't want to go over old ground or you know, I feel like we're just milking our story. But yesterday radio ratings came out and we pride ourselves on never being caught up in this stuff and never end never commenting on it. And the only reason we're talking about it this morning is not to put ourselves on the back, but to honestly just stop down and say This is not lost.
Speaker 5: On us, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: We are so happy to be here and we are so grateful that Melbourne has come on this little journey with us so far. We were plenty more to go, but it's been a huge six months for us. And we wouldn't be sitting in these seats in front of these microphones with this job if it wasn't for every single person who's in their car or at home or listening on the No Overplayer app right now, if it wasn't for your support, we wouldn't have these job.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think we were humbled by the support back then, and we are humbled by the support right now and just really excited about the future.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where this show can go.
Speaker 4: Been a couple of tears, I'll get upset now.
Speaker 1: No, we're not crying.
Speaker 5: We see this.
Speaker 4: So proud of you too, of how far you've come in this industry. I'm like a dinosaur. I've been doing this for like over twenty seven years, but you too, have just grown so much and I'm so proud of you.
Speaker 1: I'm proud of our little team. I'm grateful that we here together. I'm extraordinarily proud of the team behind the scenes. So pull the show together every day. The team at Nova who have given us an opportunity when when no one else wanted us.
Speaker 2: Well it's funny who doubted us?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well yeah they did it, and we're really thankful also for the support behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: Just quickly to Jace as well, the dinosaur of the industry, who the dad of the show.
Speaker 2: You know, he's taught us so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know so little.
Speaker 5: That's also true.
Speaker 1: But there is no one else clear that I would rather be on this crazy ride with than you and with Melbourne.
Speaker 4: But we we honestly have people just come up the street and they'll say, hey, guys, we followed you over to Nova. We love the show and I just cannot stress enough how much that is not lost on us.
Speaker 5: No, we're very grateful and happy to be here.
Speaker 4: You will have a field day knowing this. But when I was ten growing up in Brisbane, I would save up my dollars to buy like a cordless microphone at toy World and commentate the bike racers down the street. Everyone to do was be on the radio and I'd be a short, chubby little kid on my BMX chasing black Thunders to get a free can of coke. So to be able to do this as a job with a couple of mates and have the rating success we had yesterday thanks to Melbourne is just.
Speaker 2: Speech.
Speaker 1: Yeah we're very very really cool. Yeah, I love you too, And that's the last time going to audio grab. No, No, we have our team.
Speaker 5: We love being here and we love our listeners most importantly.
Speaker 1: Thank you Melbourn.
Speaker 4: Yeah and Clinton there before. Thank you over, Yes, thank you.
Speaker 2: Can we stay forever?
Speaker 4: Thank you for being Hey, guys, that is it. We are out of here.
Speaker 5: We are we're going on a road trip.
Speaker 1: Who's driving?
Speaker 4: I'm not driving? No, Well, only one other person could fit in your little.
Speaker 5: I'm not right.
Speaker 4: Can I sleep?
Speaker 5: No, your dad's going to have to drive.
Speaker 4: I'm not doing three and I get deep and thrombosis in the legs.
Speaker 5: Well that's why you should be driving, because you use your.
Speaker 2: On the pedals. Damn it.
Speaker 4: She's got a point, damn it.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, big boy.
Speaker 4: There's a big crew of us. We're doing a convoy. I bought walkie talkies over.
Speaker 1: Who are wheel in the same car?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, it's like their first family. You can't travel together if that If that car goes off the side of a cliff. Then we have no show.
Speaker 5: I want to go in the car with Clint. Yes, either of us want to come in the car with me.
Speaker 1: Why don't we make Chase driving the front will Bow.
Speaker 2: Super bat It's a good idea.
Speaker 4: What like a maneuver drive like your chauffeur.
Speaker 1: That'd be fun.
Speaker 2: Are you looking forward to it?
Speaker 4: If I hear wean it.
Speaker 5: We neaned you, I'll be sound as sleep in the back piece.
Speaker 2: I'll be slobbering on Lauren's shoulder.
Speaker 4: It sounds like it's going to be a fun little road trip. Hey, we're hitting the slopes of the Savo. What can go wrong? We will have all the action.
Speaker 5: Tomorrow and now up there we'll soon find out.
Speaker 4: We will be live from the slopes tomorrow morning here on Nov YEP, live from the fire at Mount Bauler. Will sit by the fireplace.
Speaker 5: We're not going to be doing this.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to be doing this show while we're like trying to fang down a mountain.
Speaker 4: It is SNOVA live from Mount Bullert tomorrow from six. We'll see then.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Jason Lauren, Jason.
Speaker 4: Lauren, wake up feeling good.
Speaker 1: On Nomber one, hundred, Jason Lauren on socials,