Speaker 1: Yes, it's a Christy swanshow oh hi, welcome it to you Tuesday, Hello Jack, afternoon swany couple of things to.
Speaker 2: Cover off fresh.
Speaker 1: You've basically ruined my life by telling me that I need to serve a look once a week, because as usual, I don't know when to stop.
Speaker 2: I've already served my look for this week. It was yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you looked brilliant. Check out our instagram at the Christy Swan show today.
Speaker 2: I should be allowed to be able to wear my tracksuit. I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I'm wearing a dress I bought for Christmas Day two days ago and didn't two years ago and didn't.
Speaker 2: Wear that level Christmas Day level.
Speaker 3: I think you've even outdone your look from yesterday. I think this is the best look you've served this year.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I mean I don't know if we can go.
Speaker 2: The bresh is even worse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've even got a great big yellow belt.
Speaker 2: I got that from however you call it. I think it's Temu. Actually I'm obsessed with Temo.
Speaker 3: It's stunny.
Speaker 1: I mean, I can only wear it today and it'll just disintegrate into a ball of dust.
Speaker 2: But I feel good.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for the encouragement and big hello to our beautiful listeners in Perth. You are breathing the same air as the Great It's his name or.
Speaker 2: Also known as Drake.
Speaker 1: He touched down in Perth ahead of his first Australian shows.
Speaker 2: That was a long run er. He's had ten days to eat and gamble in preparation.
Speaker 3: I'm so jealous of all of our beautiful Perth listeners going tonight. He's also got to show there tomorrow night magical. We're talking about his dad actually before the show's up at four o'clock. It's like a cool We've also got a brand new competition this week, Chrissy and Jack's Lunch Order with one thousand dollars cash to be one thanks to our friends at Baker's Delight. Make sure you've registered by the Nova Player up that's coming up very soon the Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 1: Let's go through our sometimes boring and sometimes enviable tasks.
Speaker 2: To do this Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Excuse the adjectives boring and enviable, and I don't think it's going to take Jeanie to work out which adjective belongs to which part of this show. Minor, often boring and yours a wonderful. In fact, I really want to be made jealous. I'm going to say to you, can you please go first? What is on your to do list? Jack Charles?
Speaker 3: Okay, my first thing to do is actually a work task, and it is shoot harder Larvo content.
Speaker 2: Oh, harder Larvo.
Speaker 1: They've got that is a great range. Apparently it's a Japanese skincare range. Yes, apparently there is one of those that they've got a signature moisturizer. Yep, and one of them is sold something like every thirty seconds.
Speaker 3: Will you introduced me to it?
Speaker 2: It's great, it's great like the ones.
Speaker 3: Yes, they've done a men's wear range me, so I've got to have a bit of content with that. The second one.
Speaker 2: Is skin is looking great, by the way, thank.
Speaker 3: You, a big thanks to you as well for a lot.
Speaker 2: Of Maybe you're born with it. Maybe it's hard a lavo you.
Speaker 3: Wedding RSVPs. I've got two weddings in like two months that I still have an RSVP two. I just which is very unlike me.
Speaker 2: It is what.
Speaker 3: I have to decline one.
Speaker 1: So so how does that work these days? Because when all my friends were getting married, it was a thousand years ago? How do you rs VP these days? Is there a website?
Speaker 3: Yes, often there's a website you log into and just tick a box.
Speaker 2: Well do you go just tick a box?
Speaker 3: I know, but I think because I've left it so late and then it could be upsetting to them. I'm going to have to write up a nice message, which I'll do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and do you know what to say? Do you want us to workshop it? Now?
Speaker 3: I thought, that's why we have chat GPT.
Speaker 2: I'm going to get onto that all right, next thing or that's it?
Speaker 3: No, that's it's one will give me.
Speaker 2: I actually not that bad.
Speaker 1: The first thing to do is, remember we saw an ad for a documentary on Madonna. Yes, I've got on I to do lest work out how to find it.
Speaker 3: I walked into my housemate watching it last night. Of course it's on nine now.
Speaker 2: It's on nine now, fantastic.
Speaker 1: I knew that it was on nine, but you know it was on live and I didn't. Of course, everything's on nine now and app.
Speaker 3: And it's already streaming on there, so jump on.
Speaker 2: And what did he think of it? Amazing?
Speaker 1: Okay, great, Bunning's click and collect. I'm cooking up a little task. At the moment, I haven't really shared it with you properly or on air, but I will suffice to say, got to click and collect a new toilet running.
Speaker 3: Through the toilet? Does it have a heated seat?
Speaker 1: No, Dan, No it doesn't. It's your base level s trap.
Speaker 2: Close fitting plumber Swan And.
Speaker 1: What about this one? Find the ties for school photos? So my boys go to a school where they've got to wear ties in winter. Right, winter seems like seven thousand years ago. They're in summer uniform now, but they've got to wear their winter for the school photos.
Speaker 2: I'm like, where the bloody hello tie? They don't even seen them in six months? Got to find them?
Speaker 3: Do the boys know how to do their own tie now?
Speaker 2: And either does their mother? So do you know what the chip? The chip is there?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Every day they're wives? They have to carefully.
Speaker 1: Unloosen it like a noose and don't don't undo it, and then I've got a hook, especially in their bedroom for it.
Speaker 3: To go on. I still do that at twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Really the Crissy Swan Show.
Speaker 1: But you know what, I'm a stubborn, stubborn girl, stubborn girl, and I was signed to here Yes, I'm a stubborn girl and a big girl too.
Speaker 3: You're just stubborn them, big girl.
Speaker 2: Oh you pats youngest t shir A big girl, big girl. Oh you Pat's youngest t shirt A big girl.
Speaker 1: We're talking about we're talking about tattoos.
Speaker 2: Yessay it.
Speaker 1: Pete Davidson gorgeous. Pete Davidson is getting all his removed. Two hundred removed this, yes, two hundred tattoos removed one by one? Is it really really hurts?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I can never commit to a tattoos. All my kids about it.
Speaker 1: You can never commit to a tattoo because my mind, like when you know, I could have done Taylor Swift, I could have done the walking, but they're all part of my every day now.
Speaker 2: I don't need that.
Speaker 3: And the one that I really shut down on it was an apple because that is bogame.
Speaker 2: I still love the apple, but I'm not going to do that.
Speaker 1: But tell you what I could get that will never go out of fashion obviously, No is what.
Speaker 2: Is just in nice script? Oh you catch it? Just the just the words imprastination for you.
Speaker 1: He's sitting there, it's like seven thousand degrees middle of summer in Brizzy.
Speaker 3: This is what he's uncle. For those that haven't heard this story before.
Speaker 1: He's sitting on a covered veranda in some sort of vinyl couch with cracks in it.
Speaker 2: And I go over there and he's sitting there with a long neck beer. This is my family, and he's looking at me. Keep in mind, he's been hit by a tram. Three. He's been hit by a tram. His uncle Joe, dear old uncle Joe.
Speaker 1: He's been hit by a tram twice on different occasions.
Speaker 2: Actually, yes, like five years.
Speaker 1: A party got hit by a tram once and it was very bad. And then he got hit by a tram again in Brisbane.
Speaker 2: Yes, in Brisbane. Brisbane used to have tramps. Fun fact.
Speaker 3: Didn't know that.
Speaker 2: I got a fun fact about Chapel Roone coming up sooner to you. Anyway.
Speaker 1: So he's been hit by a tramp. There's been some damage of some sort. Anyway, I'm sitting high fork in and he's shocked when he see he's shocked when he sees me.
Speaker 2: He does it like you don't want sign for when Kramer walks.
Speaker 3: In a room, fully startled, and.
Speaker 1: He goes because he probably hasn't seen he since I was in a nappy like one year old. I'm about sixteen at this time, so not impressionable at all.
Speaker 2: Worried about how he goes.
Speaker 1: He goes, are you quite's youngest, and I go, yes, here he goes JESU big girl.
Speaker 3: So we did That's youngest.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show, who have been talking about this all last week, but the time is here for a thousand dollars, whether it's a school lunchbox or your workday lunch.
Speaker 4: The bagas Delight, high fiber lo Gi, white blood Lows, the tastey Love with added.
Speaker 2: Benefits Chrissy and Jack's lunch order. There was my turn yesterday.
Speaker 1: I ordered my Baker's Delight favorites in order from Hi Hi to low l O, and I'm salivating thinking about it because I was in the presence of my personal favorite Savory bike, which of course came in at number one. It's your turn today, Jack and Emma. You're going to be guessing kaleo.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hi, Hi.
Speaker 1: We're excited to talk to you or excited to give you a thousand dollars. We gave it away yesterday, so let's see if we can do it again.
Speaker 3: So what happens here, Emma is I'm going to rank three items in my lunchbox from Baker's Delight in my favorite order from high to low. If you get one correct, you get two hundred and fifty dollars. If you get two products correct, that's five hundred dollars. But if you nail all three, that is a thousand dollars cash.
Speaker 4: M amazing.
Speaker 3: Okay, Swanny, I'm going to to me to I list the items. Okay.
Speaker 1: In front of me, I'm holding up a plate and on it is the custard scroll.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Also, I know how good are they? I'm salivating again. The ham and cheese pizza. It's my son's favorite freeze as well, fyi.
Speaker 2: And then on the.
Speaker 1: Left here, I've got a apple and walnut scroll. One of the originals and best. I've been enjoying this, I reckon for thirty years. I'm salivating again.
Speaker 3: Not that much of an apple boy, but anyway, Emma, that might.
Speaker 2: Be a tip. Emma, All right, Jack, you ordered them.
Speaker 3: Emma, what is my favorite item on my plate right now?
Speaker 2: Pizza, custard scroll, willnut apple one.
Speaker 4: I recommend the custard scroll.
Speaker 3: At number one.
Speaker 4: At number one, em is.
Speaker 2: More of a savory guy. Okay, so you've still got number two and three to go? Is that right? Yes?
Speaker 3: What do you think I've got in place at number two?
Speaker 4: At number keep.
Speaker 2: In mind the custard scroll isn't number one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so custard scroll number two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, spot on their end that is in the middle. I'm going to tell you my the ham and Pineapple. I'm like you, Emma, that's my favorite. That was at number one, So what is it? Number two? Number three? Sorry?
Speaker 4: Number three would be the walnuts.
Speaker 2: Correctly, we want to go. There's two out of three and that ain't bad.
Speaker 3: Five hundred dollars cash for you.
Speaker 4: M How exciting.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Register by an overplayer up if you'd like to play our lunch order tomorrow.
Speaker 2: The Crispy Swan Show, Chrissy Swan Show. Let's go Clicking Jack Chrissy's click Fait.
Speaker 1: It's so amazing that two guests that didn't really even go to the Grammy ceremony have absolutely dominated the headlines. Of course, I'm speaking of Kanye West and Biancherson.
Speaker 2: Sorry partab.
Speaker 1: He always wants to say bianco Chin sorry, because I've been to Italy now, and I know that they often pronounced the sea is.
Speaker 3: I said it, yesterday'swaning your boogie like thatie goal.
Speaker 1: So she appeared naked essentially on the red carpet. Everybody's talking about it. Lip readers were there. They have studied the footage.
Speaker 2: It was good footage too.
Speaker 3: It was great footage, and I said yesterday, and I still stand by It's an unpopular opinion. I think she kind of pulled it off.
Speaker 2: I think so too. I know that that's weird.
Speaker 1: It feels like at once disrespectful, but if you're wired like they are, they love the attention. I don't understand that, but some people do love the attention. This is the best way to do it. And I'm sure that they would argue, we're artists. Yes, this is how we Yeah, this is how we present our art Her work is absolutely her body is a work of up, particularly her busy.
Speaker 3: Her work too has been a bit of it.
Speaker 2: She had a bit of work as well. She has buies magical to fight gravity. They're like the girls from Wicked.
Speaker 3: I'm told their natural.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they are natural. They are natural, but they I mean, they're not going to look like that in twenty years, but enjoy them.
Speaker 2: While you can.
Speaker 1: Now, this is the footage of Kanye talking her through what to do next. You can hear the cameras clicking.
Speaker 2: He's talking to her, yeah, and.
Speaker 1: She is listening, like absolutely concentrating on what he's saying.
Speaker 2: And what he was saying was.
Speaker 1: You're making a scene now, and then Bianca nods her head. Look it's saying here the Australian model nods her head. She an architect, Yeah, that's what she's like, a fashion design, wired asper professional, She's an architecture. And then he says, make a scene. I'll say it'll make so much sense, and she's just like eyes fixed on him, nodding her head. I mean, it's creepy as heck.
Speaker 3: And then he says, drop it behind you and then turn I got you.
Speaker 1: And then she drops her fur coat and bang, attack of the buzzies, Attack of the buzzies.
Speaker 2: She looks exactly like Kim she does. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Kim Swan, I love that. Now ye get to see what she was doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cross down across town. She was just taking her elder still to North Norri. Do I still call her Norri? I think so over to a screening of Wicked.
Speaker 3: I do love that she has gone. Also, I noticed in the photo she's head to toe black, fully clothed. It's like the universe was on her side that she was going to make a point. But she's not showing any skin at the moment.
Speaker 1: That is actually very true. But look at the get up that North's got on. Wow, she really she's got like two bits of yetty roadkill on her on her feet.
Speaker 2: Good on it? Excuse me? Can we please have a moment's.
Speaker 1: Silence for the saddest story to come out of the grimmy Billy.
Speaker 2: Eilish She was nominated. This is her live performance We Stick Toge And I know that you're really hurting Laura in particular, Jack, because she's your girl.
Speaker 3: I really think she was snubbed. This was her most successful album, but like this is statistics, it was also just it was her best album. Birds of a Feather was the most streamed song on Spotify in twenty twenty four. How out of seven categories that she was nominated in, how did she not win?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 3: That just feels wrong? Cowboy Carter Swanee was the least streamed album out of the category the Tortured Poets to Apartment was the most streamed, Billy was in its second. I just think Billy should have won that category.
Speaker 1: And I think she was holding out hope until the very last minute. And then when Beyonce was announced she was up there getting a reward. Billy was just in the crowd, silently.
Speaker 3: Weeping, trying not to break down.
Speaker 2: It hurts my heart to see her so upset.
Speaker 3: And then Record of the Year to Kendrick Lamar like, no, I know, Birds of a Feather should have won.
Speaker 2: It's really sad. Oh well, you can't win them all.
Speaker 1: And in that case, Billy, you can't win any Hey, rolling in it to your three regularly, Tim and Joel coming up in an hour. I was so tired last night and I've been filling in on the Sydney Breakfast Show. Apologies to those in Sydney that get me twice in a row wasn't my idea. And I'm tired. I'll be honest with you. It's been a bit of a you know, a whirlwind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like all of a sudden, very early, and it's so much fun.
Speaker 1: But I was sitting on the couch last night and I thought I'm just gonna have ten minutes. I'm going to watch the beginning of this Jerry Springer documentary. It's on New to Net Netflix, and I used to love Jerry Springer.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I was sitting there and I thought I was fine, and then I woke up about an hour later. I fell asleep on the couch like an old grandfather.
Speaker 3: And you would have been drooling. I remember those breakfast radio naps. You drool a lot.
Speaker 2: And it just happened like.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, hypnosis, like Peter Powerers TV show out like a light. Anyway, I then, you know, had to quickly make dinner and all that sort of bizzo.
Speaker 2: And I was walking upstairs to go to bed much later, and I had vague memory.
Speaker 1: I'm like, did I dream that I was in the middle of an Uber Eats order? And then I, oh, no, check and I checked my Uber Eats can't And I don't know whether it was a dream order or vaguely remember thinking, oh, I might just put in an order at Cole's.
Speaker 2: Have a listen to what was on the list.
Speaker 1: Multic's Strong and Reliable garbage Bags, non stick baking paper, original full cream milk, Pura and a little treat for mummy or was it.
Speaker 2: Cole's brand Carol and Macadamia ice cream?
Speaker 1: Oh yum, sitting in the cart, I fell asleep as.
Speaker 3: I was ordering, so it didn't even get delivered. No, you'd even wake up to the doorbell like you were in an ad.
Speaker 2: No, I've got to get onto that today.
Speaker 3: Hey, coming up before four o'clock, we're going to be talking about Drake's dad and shout out to all our beautiful Perth listeners who were potentially off to see Drake tonight. We're also going to be asking you what you have given as a gift when you had no money. But next thirteen twenty four to ten, if you would like a brand new bum bag in Chrissy's Quizzies.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show, let's give away one of our brand new designer bumbags Chrissy's Quizzy. Designer, of course, that I refer to in the previous sentence is the great Tom Cassimento.
Speaker 3: Oh did you design these, Tom, with the help of the Nerva marketing team. Yes, you don't have to be such a company boy, you can just say yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, it was me of course it was you.
Speaker 3: You will give me someone else in the Never marketing team, Troy, Oh, try try, Okay, I take that back. We love Troy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that that designer is like, what do you think of this?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: My love it?
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's the whole meeting design meaning it's the whole meeting.
Speaker 1: All right, Hello Catherine, that's very formal me calling you Catherine?
Speaker 2: Does everybody call you Katherine?
Speaker 4: People like me?
Speaker 2: Well? I like you? What are people who like you call you kath.
Speaker 4: Catherine?
Speaker 2: Whatever?
Speaker 5: I answer to everything?
Speaker 2: You're the best. I hope you win this bum bag? Hello Helena? Or is it Helena?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: No, You've got it right straight away, Telena.
Speaker 2: Lena because it could also be Helena so.
Speaker 5: Many different things.
Speaker 2: I bet you hate it when people call you Helen.
Speaker 1: All right, well you're not gonna hate maybe because one of you is going to win this bum bag.
Speaker 2: Designed by Trying Tom. Question number one, Your names are your bothers, guys? Best of five? You know the drill?
Speaker 1: How many Grammys did Billie Eilish win it? Yesterday's ceremony?
Speaker 3: Yes, Helena.
Speaker 6: Zero?
Speaker 1: Can you believe that she's so? The album is brilliant She's brilliant and not a.
Speaker 3: One absolutely robbed. I feel so bad for her.
Speaker 1: How do I Question number two? What is a dipstick used to check when it comes to cars?
Speaker 3: Catherine just got in there oil?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Do you know how to do that?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Do they even have them anymore?
Speaker 1: No? I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Do you know how to do a jack?
Speaker 3: No, that's why you call dad.
Speaker 1: I know how to do it. Yes, I do, because my dad is actually a mechanic.
Speaker 3: Aja, did I know that? Not? The man can do everything he can.
Speaker 2: It's so intimidating.
Speaker 3: I reckon, I wouldn't know how to do it. Actually if I popped the bone?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: This is one point each to Helena and Catherine. Question number three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, too many pop and bottles, not enough popping and vomits bonnets?
Speaker 2: Am I right? Here's a numther three?
Speaker 1: Which billionaire has sat Donald Trump's approval? Yes, Catherine, it is elon.
Speaker 3: He wants to shut down a major US government for people that wanted to.
Speaker 1: Hit that for whatever agency, leaving ten thousand people without a job.
Speaker 3: Good on you sry. Not the hopeful government.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't want shut down the government. No, you never know. Question number four which artist sunk Bink Bony Club?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, Catherine, Chapel Row it is Chapel Roan. Here's a fun fact. Do you know that the Chapel.
Speaker 1: Roane is not on her birth dish? And her real name is Kaylee Rose.
Speaker 2: Kaylie ka y el E.
Speaker 3: That is so bogan, Kaylie Rose, Kaylie Rose. I wonder what her parents were.
Speaker 2: On question number five, what's a score?
Speaker 3: I thought it was two points to Helena, two points to Catherine. Am I rom?
Speaker 6: Tom?
Speaker 2: Let's just say with that, Tom, no.
Speaker 3: Tell me, tell me because I was distracted.
Speaker 2: Question two, Dipstick was to Catherine. Elon Musk was Catherine. Pink Pony Club was Catherine. Catherine, You're the winner.
Speaker 1: You've got yourself the brand new designer bum bag, and both Try and Tom are gonna sign it for your cat.
Speaker 4: Thank you. I'm going to wear it around my office and like like a bag of order.
Speaker 2: Yes you must, you must pop off, Catherine.
Speaker 3: Sorry about that, guys, it was a bit distracted.
Speaker 1: I know we were so excited about Kaylie Rose. Katy did you get in lost? On what do you Smell Like Vodka?
Speaker 2: The Christy Swan Show, The Chrisy Swan Show.
Speaker 1: Now, Jack, you know that I've been obsessed with quite some time about decluttering and clearing out.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I feel like you revealed last week that you've almost completed your decluttering. I reckon I have thanks to.
Speaker 2: That Skip Skip fielded film. It's all gone.
Speaker 1: But one of the great benefits of decluttering is a you see what's in your wardrobe. And that's why I've been able to wear nice things. I didn't even know I had these, do you know what I mean? Because they're just sitting there dead, there's clothes. And I'm also finding stuff that I thought was lost forever, because you know, I moved a lot boxes of stuff and then you someone reminds you of something and you go, oh, that probably went in that move ten years ago or whatever. But my mum has a favorite thing that I make, much like the pulled pork.
Speaker 3: How was it, by the way, unbelievable? Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: So I gave you some pool pork yesterday because I know that's your favorite.
Speaker 3: Will that be okay to go again tonight?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And my mum's favorite thing, I mean, she likes everything I make, but specifically, and this is a historical recipe. They were these little Spanish almond biscuits that I used to make when I was in primary school, like year seven. She loved them then, and she has mentioned it a few times a year ever since, and I always say it were the same thing. I can't find the recipe anywhere I've obviously, I can't find the original respects.
Speaker 2: I was twelve years old when I got it.
Speaker 1: But I've googled Spanish biscuits, almond biscuits.
Speaker 2: Can't find that.
Speaker 3: I didn't just go down to Philipps and give her one and pretend that you made it. No quite nerves.
Speaker 1: For some reason, these were really special. I've never tasted anything like the magic Well. I was cleaning out a cupboard under the stairs. Under the stairs, did you find Dobby pretty much?
Speaker 2: I found it?
Speaker 1: Cousin it, No, And there was like old tiles and dog carriers from dogs long since God to gone to God, all that sort of stuff. And then right in the corner I found this historical document. Wow, please read the title.
Speaker 3: Of it, Classic Cooking by Sea Swan nineteen eighties nineteen eighty.
Speaker 1: It's a Manila folder with plastic envelope and like you know, one of those metal clasps. It has one recipe per plastic envelope and the minute I saw it, I thought the almond biscuit recipes in there.
Speaker 2: I remember it, and sure.
Speaker 3: Enough, this needs to go into an Australian like media museum.
Speaker 2: You can look at it.
Speaker 3: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Page one almond biscuits.
Speaker 3: And may I add that it is in a blue and purple pencil.
Speaker 2: Well, it's actually in a purple Derwin.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got my dourins out for this, so you know it's good. Well, I made Mum these on the weekend and I dropped them into her took a photo of it on the on the bench. I said, look, I've just sink drop these in for you for a little love package. And this was at like two pm. She texted me about going thanks for dinner.
Speaker 2: She was just gonna eat them for dinner. You know them so much.
Speaker 1: But I remember I used to save I pull my pocket money because slivered almonds is the main ingredient and they're very expensive. And I was ten, ten or eleven years old and I would save up my pocket money and buy the slivered almonds. And once I made her this like four batches of them, and I wrapped it up in this big silver wrapping paper and I realized I remembered.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, that's right.
Speaker 1: I used to give these biscuits when I had no money. Obviously I had no money because I was eleven, But they're a great gift to give. I used to also give carrot cakes that.
Speaker 2: I would make. And I know what you do.
Speaker 1: You know when you've got no money, which is now, you read gift stuff that has been.
Speaker 2: Sent to you.
Speaker 1: And I just want to know I thirty twenty four to ten, what did you habitually give people that brought a smile to their face, which is important to all of us when you had no money, when you didn't have the budget for something amazing?
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four to ten, jump on the line and tell us, and we will gift you a Baker's Delight voucher.
Speaker 2: The Crissy Swan Show.
Speaker 1: They're not a Baker's Delight product, but they should be. These are my arm and biscuits. And I realized I brought them.
Speaker 2: In and I didn't give you one to try.
Speaker 1: Oh so I used to make these when I was little, little ten.
Speaker 2: Eleven, grade five, grade six.
Speaker 1: I used to save up my pocket money and buy the alments because I knew that they were my mum's favorite biscuit and I've lost forever.
Speaker 2: Aren't they great? See they're special?
Speaker 1: So now you know why I couldn't get it from Philipps and why my mum's been obsessed with them for thirty years.
Speaker 3: Hey side note, they remind me of a really beautiful Greek biscuit our receptionist Vicky gave me for Christmas.
Speaker 2: I agree they are similar to that.
Speaker 3: Jesus slightly different.
Speaker 2: But yes, they are similar to that.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Swany thirteen twenty four to ten. We are asking what have you given as a gift when you had no money? Let's go to Angelo Often.
Speaker 2: They hit the best I finding and don't you reckon?
Speaker 4: Yeah they do if if you're in the mood for giving the gift, though, that's the question.
Speaker 2: All right, what have you got yourself into?
Speaker 4: And so I printed all for very nicely printed you're what You've been given a free meal at my house at a time and date that to you, thinking please please don't come and tell me you want your free meal, because I'm not the mood for cocuut.
Speaker 3: So has anyone taken you up on that offer, and or no.
Speaker 4: No, thank goodness.
Speaker 5: I mean I have I have.
Speaker 4: Provided meals to eat people, but it was just at the time and I didn't really want to do anything.
Speaker 1: You should have had it in You should have had fine print, like all vouchers do, like the gasteris not actually valid.
Speaker 3: Good Baker's to like voucher for you. And let's go to Leah, who's in Tasmania. You listen the Nova player up, Lea, Yes, I do.
Speaker 5: Oh well, apparently I'm the first trust caller from Hobart. I hope I'm not the worst caller.
Speaker 2: You are. You are both of those things, Leah, you are both.
Speaker 1: My daughter was asking about Tazzy Yes today actually because it's one of my favorite places, particularly Hobart, to go.
Speaker 5: And she's like, come on, come on down, come on down.
Speaker 1: She said, is Tasmania beautiful? And I said, oh, Peg, it's just it's like a wonderland.
Speaker 2: It's so beautiful. It is.
Speaker 5: It's stunning. We're lucky to live here.
Speaker 2: You so are.
Speaker 1: Now what did you give someone when you were tight on the coins?
Speaker 5: Okay, So I went back to full time UNI study in my mid thirties and I was pretty broke and I wanted to give one of my best friends at the time, who was super supportive, you know, like a meaningful gift, but I didn't have any cash. So what I did was I used a word template to make up a gift about her, and I gave her a weekend of childminding flash babysitting wow, so that she could go with a way with her mates for a wild weekend at Mount Hothams. And so that's what I did. Three kids, a preschooler and two a primary school. At that time, I was this is before my parenting, so it was like it was a significant gift from my perspective, I'm a bit nervous, but actually the kids are great and I had a really lovely time and she had a blaugh lea.
Speaker 2: Do you do you still have that wordourne?
Speaker 5: Well, here's the thing, right, I've actually done this several times since too, because I think if you give people some time to just rest or do something whild whatever they want to do and just be able to switch off, I think that's a really significant gift. I couldn't I still remember that weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I couldn't agree more.
Speaker 1: In fact, Jack your gift that you gave me for my birthday. I haven't cashed it in yet, but Leah Jack did this. This is how well he knows me. He gave me a dinner out with him and his housemate, who he knows I love now. I haven't taken up on it, but in the back of my mind, I know that there is going to be a night where I can and just have absolute fun with two amazing people, and even just the thought of having it is enough.
Speaker 2: Hallo, Sammy will finish with you.
Speaker 1: What did you give or what do you regularly give when you're short on cash?
Speaker 4: My partner and I seem to always run out of money at the end of the month, so we give each other sexy times, sell them code word.
Speaker 3: Wait, what is the code word sexy times?
Speaker 2: Oh? I thought you're going to go unbroke. Take your class off the Chrissy Swan show. Let's go clicking for the last time.
Speaker 4: If he has Clickee, then Yo Blake has cash prizes.
Speaker 2: Yo Blake, You're a chance to win Jesus's win dot Com. Oh yeah, done it a gown sorry.
Speaker 1: Strake has been gearing up for his Perth shows for about two years now and he's been enjoying so much food in Melbourne, and I've just realized he's spent all his time at Crown Casino in Melbourne, gambling and whatever. Guess where he would be Oh here, right in front of me. Kert's got a big crown too.
Speaker 3: A new fresh crown, right, So he's.
Speaker 1: Just gonna do the same things again. No boo, yep, maybe he'll win seven hundred grand, maybe like he did in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: What about one hundred million dollar tatslot? I don't think this weekend?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is that this Thursday?
Speaker 2: Are you gonna Are you gonna get a ticket? I'm going to What do you need money for? So stupid?
Speaker 3: Who needs money? When his credit cards?
Speaker 2: It's not like your credit card back? Drake's dad?
Speaker 1: Is he accompanying him here? I meant to ask that footage I've seen is it here?
Speaker 3: No? I think Drake's dad. I think that footage is from la.
Speaker 1: Because sometimes these big artists, they travel with their whole family.
Speaker 2: Otherwise I don't see them for years, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I don't think. I don't think Drake takes his parents on his tours. I think, yeah, I think what he gets up to is probably not mum and dad friendly.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, that is true.
Speaker 1: As we know the Grammys we yesterday and Kendrick Lamar's distrack.
Speaker 2: A bitch ancient trying to strike a chord, and it's probably a minor.
Speaker 1: Every time I say distrack, I even make myself cringe like an old, middle aged white woman saying the words track.
Speaker 3: You sound like a cool mom when you say yeah, no, that.
Speaker 1: Is not cool anyway, he was asked. Drake's dad was asked about this dis track and how he felt about Kendrick Lamar winning so many Grammys for it, and he's what.
Speaker 6: He said, Gotta ask, what do you think about Kendrick Lamar not like us getting Record of the Year.
Speaker 5: I don't care nothing about that shit.
Speaker 2: I ain't got nothing to do with me.
Speaker 3: All the best of them. Man, Okay, cool, don't I don't do that? Bulls Yeah, you don't do it.
Speaker 2: He's not into it. Good on you, Drake's dad.
Speaker 3: He looks like a really nice dude.
Speaker 2: He looks cool.
Speaker 1: I mean, I love a man that wears floral and sequins.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a real look, isn't it. And sweenny he's matched his glasses. I mean they're probably from Specsator the red glasses with the outfit.
Speaker 2: He is a coold.
Speaker 3: He was at the Grammys.
Speaker 1: Of course he was would be rapping his son, who was obviously eating steak with three different types of creamy.
Speaker 2: Sauces here in Australia.
Speaker 1: Let's move on to you know, I was saying yesterday the iPhone gave me a little snippet of what I was doing six years ago. And of course the Grammys have been around for a million years. This is this is a category from the nineteen eighty six Grammy Awards. The announcers was Sheena Easton.
Speaker 2: Have you heard of her? She's surprisingly Scottish and you.
Speaker 1: Think she's either English or American, but she's definitely Scottish. And she sang map bebbit the mon oh yeah yeah. And she also did a Bond song I think called for Your Eyes Only Wow, and that was a great song.
Speaker 2: It was back when.
Speaker 1: You know, I mean Bond song now are really like cutting edge, but quite like Sheena Easton's version in eighty one. My God anyway, And the other guy that was presenting the awards in this is the great fully made up like a woman, Nick.
Speaker 2: Rhodes, from Duran Duran have a.
Speaker 1: Listen to the legendary songwriters in this Best Song category at the Grammy Awards nineteen eighty six.
Speaker 6: And the nominees are Oh Boy the Summer, John Hanley songwriter tune every Time You Go Away, Daryl Hall songwright.
Speaker 1: Now that's interesting because Paul Young sang that song no No gram I.
Speaker 6: Want to know nas Nick John's songwriter, money for Nothing, that song Rader.
Speaker 1: And they were there in the crowds sting of Hottest Head.
Speaker 2: And this one.
Speaker 6: And where are the World?
Speaker 1: Michael Jackson Jackson Alna Richie won the award and went up and waxed lyrical about it.
Speaker 3: But what a category, Swanny. That just sounds like working with you every day hearing those songs.
Speaker 2: Songs is so lucky. Chrissy Swan Show is a Nova podcast. For more great comedy shows like this, head to novapodcast dot com. Are you