Speaker 1: Hello, Welcome to the Daily Telegraph r L podcast.
Speaker 2: My name's Adam Mobs.
Speaker 1: I'm not telling the audience that I'm telling you blokes because I haven't been around a while. Michael Carranas still buzz Rothfield, How are you getting the gang back to.
Speaker 3: If you guys to join us? I mean, I don't know what seat to sit on because that's You've been my seat for the last few months, but.
Speaker 2: Lifted the numbers too. Can I say you are under massive pressure? Furst up from a long spell? How long have you been in the Paddict ten weeks? It's been a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's been a lot of people asking if you're okay? All good?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, these of.
Speaker 2: Time off, a bit of working from home, make pride. What's called.
Speaker 3: Salmon?
Speaker 2: No any onions on the barbecue? Yes? Yeah? Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Can I Facebook? The other day he brought a fire He went to Barnings to buy some concrete and he come over with a I've got a fire pit.
Speaker 3: That's very cold out your way. It's cold anywhere, but it's very cold out your way. I've got some big news to start with, Buzz. So you're trying to do something that ready, who's in Paris hasn't been able to do topple me on a Saturday in the ratings on the radio ratings?
Speaker 2: Is that true, your mate?
Speaker 3: Are you dabbling on the airways on site?
Speaker 2: I've been very critically you over the years for s and ABC, Fox, Sports, Daily Telegram, right, anything else you do this podcast? So what's happened? Ready and cham Mus have gone away and they normally rotate Saturdays. I've got a call from Triple Lamp and fill in there and I'm very very confident I'll be able to give their ratings a boost.
Speaker 3: Well, they need a boost on a Saturday. Don't know, mate, Yes you do?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: Don't you know?
Speaker 2: They clearly? But you're on a Sunday.
Speaker 3: Okay, what about Saturday?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: How do you know Sunday on Saturday?
Speaker 2: Because Sundays are great? Please, We're playing New so Cups, everyone's having a partner, everyone's having a bed. My daily station two K.
Speaker 1: Why have they brought your silence with this? This is what's going on? Are you usually critical?
Speaker 2: I'm not critics criticizing Triple M for three weeks.
Speaker 3: I was just trying to slide this under the radar. But I got sauces Buzzy and go head to head on Saturday. Are you going to Well?
Speaker 1: I do usually listen to the the National broadcast with Michael on there, so I.
Speaker 3: Know what you can do.
Speaker 2: So that's that's not fair. I'm ready. You're playing favorites.
Speaker 1: Well every other week I tuned.
Speaker 2: But I speak is a very very solid, solid radio performer.
Speaker 3: What you can do is listened to Buzz from twelve to two.
Speaker 2: Well you're not under two, so that's what we're lying a whole. You can critique me.
Speaker 3: I'm not care, but I will be listening on my way in Buzz so I don't stuck up.
Speaker 2: We drop this free club. We're going to give them a massive audience from this body.
Speaker 1: Well I'm a little concerned.
Speaker 2: I do have another little row to go on.
Speaker 3: Oh the Maddie John's. Yeah, this guy is just cashing in? What runs away?
Speaker 1: He is?
Speaker 2: Is he?
Speaker 1: They're going to rename Bossy, Brandy and MC shot of morning You're on every morning?
Speaker 2: I just get his money paid man in Sydney? Do you know?
Speaker 1: That was so he was so fatigued with s N this morning. They flicked back to him and he said, thanks guys. See lad and hung up and they weren't done with him.
Speaker 3: I didn't read Night with the Kids.
Speaker 2: Last night, and we stopped promoting other networks and actually.
Speaker 3: Give ABC from two o'clock on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Then there you go, right, well, we're better get into it because there's a fair bit going around busy.
Speaker 3: It's been good you broke this story this week.
Speaker 1: John Bateman is leaving the West Tigers effective immediately.
Speaker 3: For the end of the season and the end of the season apparently, so yeah, it was an interesting one. When John Bateman wasn't picked for this weekend's game, obviously started making some calls and around it found out that, you know, the Tigers have agreed to release him to go join Warrington. Sam Burgess coach Warrington for the rest of the year, and it's field speculation regarding where or not whether or not Bateman will return to the Tigers. I think it's unlikely. He's been linked with the potential move to South Sydney next season, which would be interesting under Wayne Bennett. And obviously that connection. You know, you've got Wayne Bennett coaching Souers next year. You got Shane Richardson at the Tigers, Sam Burgess at Warrington. All three are very close in close circles, so there is that connection and a natural conclusion to draw that maybe he'll be at South Sydney. It's important to say that South Sydney said this morning that it's unlikely to happen, but I have heard the same rumors coming out of the UK.
Speaker 2: Can I come up the long run here? Yeah? I did? Well, this is a podcast, you do. I went ballistic a year or two ago when the West Tigers gave not for a Luna to Melbourne Storm and it was Pasco Hadjapentalis and Tim Sheen's that signed off on it, and I wrote they've given up on their season because he was a triscoring machine back then, and for them to do the same under a different management. I just want to show you that I'm not just attacking Shane Richardson. I've done it previously. I just think it's so wrong me honestly, mate, I don't mate. They've got to win every single and that bloke should go back to New South Wales Cup, play his butt off and try and force his way back into that side. They are trying to avoid the Wooden spoon without a coach in Fiji. We've had a CEO in England half the bloody year. Mate, it's wrong.
Speaker 3: I don't have an issue with it.
Speaker 1: As a paramatteral Fan, I'm all for it. I think they should a couple more.
Speaker 3: Buzz just said, like, his form doesn't warrant selections, So if he doesn't warrant selection, every.
Speaker 2: Player we dropped now we'll send the super made.
Speaker 3: It's not everything, but a player that you can save one hundred and fifty k off your cap potentially won't be there. Like if he's already, if he's I don't think. I don't know. If that, I don't I don't think that's a sign of them giving up on this year. I think it's a sign that potentially relationship there is beyond repair. He hasn't been playing well, but I would agree, come out and tell us the truth. I would agree with you truth. I would agree with you if he was their best player this year, I'd agree. Like on at the end this morning, they the boys were saying that Stefano signs elsewhere, they wouldn't pick him in first grade. I totally disagree with.
Speaker 1: That, Wayne Bennett, Justin Hodges, that would.
Speaker 3: Be giving up on this year. Right, it's the final hasn't been great the last few weeks, but he still arguably one of their top players.
Speaker 2: The whole place. No one wants to play there at the moment. Look, and I think will hear more Locklan Galvin the off season. I don't go back on what I said six eight weeks ago. He told people in that shed that he wanted out and look, it's obviously a really, really unhappy place and that comes from losing the line in the row. They came back and tend the row, was it? I just think it's some of the Stefano is going awful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he hasn't been good the last few weeks, There's no doubt about that.
Speaker 2: You know, Batement's not on his own, mate, But I.
Speaker 3: He hasn't been good.
Speaker 2: But as I said, you've got to think of the fan here, mate, the bloke he pays to sit on the hill like goes to Campbelltown membership at the start of the year.
Speaker 3: But I reckon if you pull the fans, they would agree with this. I don't.
Speaker 2: I think I think saying if you've listened to the fans, you'll finish up sitting out there with it.
Speaker 1: You just said we have to think of the fans.
Speaker 2: Well, I do, but you know, I think a senior moment to him, forget what you said? It smart, but I'm agreeing with you.
Speaker 1: It was self critiquing you three six.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I just was affluencing my performance last wasn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell you what I'll do.
Speaker 3: I don't watch it now.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go home. I'm going to watch it and I'm going to text your rating. I'm not going to do a public I'm going to privately try to help you.
Speaker 1: Can you see me on this on this just for staff performance, but you know I look on you as a mentor of manager of.
Speaker 2: We've certainly got the gibber back up to ten weeks.
Speaker 3: Far more natural. But yeah, I don't know. What do you think? Mom?
Speaker 2: I don't mind.
Speaker 3: I actually don't have an issue.
Speaker 1: I always had a feeling, and whether this is warrant or not, that when they signed your own lay that this year it wasn't a right off. But I thought that they were just going to they'll get through this year and next year when it is when it really he starts, I thought, I don't know, that's just a vibe. It sort of felt like for me, and you know they've got to as you say, at the moment, they're trying to move people along. We'll get to that shortly about this part of the clean out and who they're going to try and bring in and who they're going to let go because obviously the Scott Fulton situation where they he brought in players and they're overloaded in positions, They've got a lot of they've got a lot of work to do there.
Speaker 2: But actually don't know Benji Marshall mate, because I don't think he did the apprenticeship. You know, he wasn't out of Robinson or Bellamy or Bennett systems. Tim Sheenz came back a long time in England, sacked from a couple of clubs over there, out of touch with NRL, and I don't think he did an apprenticeship't basically training at the deep end.
Speaker 1: Hasn't actually coasted a side, hasn't it coasted a reserve grade team or anything like.
Speaker 2: He's having a whack, guys, he's having a whack. I did that call HM a couple of mondays ago and he had two hours sleep then went the recovery and he's trying. He's working hard. That the stories early in the year. You know, Dog put it out there. Does he have that work? I think yeah, he's unusually plays golf at different times of the week, but I think he's having a red hot guard.
Speaker 3: It's a tough gig for that roster, it is, mate. It's a tough gig for a site that's been at the bottom. You know, facing three straight wooden spoons doesn't matter which coach you are. It's harder for a guy that hasn't coached at any level before, it's even harder.
Speaker 2: It's a bit like Ralsey when he got back to Georgia Lawara because of the you know, the size of the rebuilt and it took some hard head he'd been around forever and won a title to go in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was the best. It's the best thing that happened to Benji.
Speaker 2: Benji didn't show a lot of patience. He had a great TV gig at Fox Sports. Didn't he yet his own show. He's seen him in the green room on Monday nights. But he wanted to be coached and they fast tracked him a year early. So I think there's a lot in there. And as much as Rich has got that tremendous record. This is a mass This is bigger than Canterbury.
Speaker 3: I reckon. Yeah, they have. The difference is they've got the foundations in particularly the key position right it provided they all stay. That's the advantage they've got. They've got their long term one, they've got their long term six and seven with lu I come in next year. They've got a star hooker and an emerging hooker. So if you look at their one, six, seven, nine, they're set. So then then you add some pieces in and around it, so it's not Honestly, I think the Dragons squad.
Speaker 2: Didn't you run last?
Speaker 3: I did not not camera Tigers.
Speaker 2: I did as I'm asking. No, I'm not accusing, I'm asked.
Speaker 1: I dug I dug them out yesterday and I.
Speaker 3: Sent them to one s flun against. He keeps telling everyone publicly that I tipped them to come last, and I said, I told him, where did you tip in the second last? You know what?
Speaker 2: That's that's the same thing I'm running with.
Speaker 1: Flat tipped the Tigers.
Speaker 2: Well shame when dallim Coach of the Year.
Speaker 3: I think it could come down to that game. In a couple of weeks between the dragons and dogs.
Speaker 2: I think I think it's crap. This Coach of the year. What they do They always give it to the rookie and the blake who's come from nowhere, and Webster got it last year. Great year. But can we please give it the Craig Bell of me or can we please give it the clear.
Speaker 3: I would have no issue with you. Neither of those two sides finished first, and the other one is I think Ben Bennett has done in our standing. Ja they make the top four, I'd go away and then either Serrouto or Flann again whoever. I don't think both of those sides will make the eight. I think one of them will, and whichever one makes the eight will be up in contention as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah there you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you've got poor Benji with that rebuild job. He's got to because what are they gonna do at the door in your.
Speaker 3: Nah he's gone, he went there.
Speaker 2: He's not going to Melbourne, You sure? I don't think. From what I'm told is his loves the football side of it, but his wife doesn't like Melbourne. I'm not journ she doesn't hate Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it is a young kids. When the two young kids, right, they're young, he's they're a young couple as well, So it would be a challenge if.
Speaker 2: Melbourne storm in Sydney go there for sure, So.
Speaker 3: That means you've got him go to the Dogs bus because the only other club that we're in for him is the Dolphins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I don't know.
Speaker 3: So I wouldn't rule the Dolphins on the storm out yet Dogs are there as well, but yeah, it won't be at the Tigers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, breaking use for you and spork on going up online just about now Bulldogs Yeah, Ford reinforcements not coming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's an interesting one. Obviously we've seen John Bateman go to the Super League and the NRL signed off on that. The nrlte the Bulldogs sorry, went to the NRL and asked if they could sign Takyaho for the rest of this year after the June thirty deadline. Obviously he's been sacked from Catalan to the NRL. Well, that's why he's not there at the moment, but his body's okay. Hasn't played a game so far this year and that's why when he was going to sign for the Dogs last year it got he got scuttled because of the fact that he failed his medical but six months on a bit longer than that, they feel like his body is right, so they tried to sign him for the rest of this year after June thirty.
Speaker 2: So he got sacked two weeks during COVID years and stuff.
Speaker 3: August one, for a little bit that that transferred deadline was allowed to come back from Rugby was Haynes.
Speaker 2: But he come back from league though, wouldn't he It's probably fair enough. You can't have everyone. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I actually didn't mind the August one deadline. I liked the late horse trading and clubs going all in to win a comp. That's some salary cap space and whatever the case. Maybe I know it sets a false economy a little bit on the cap, but it.
Speaker 1: Gets cranky about other teams giving up the season.
Speaker 3: If you're letting go you could have, you know, I do wonder with this Bateman scenario, if we're going to see sides fall out of the eight send players are players that want to have a little bit of a life experience for a couple of months. Could point if they do go and play in a super league off the super league.
Speaker 2: That on radio, that's a very good point.
Speaker 3: I can see it. First, if you're you know, if you're a bottom four side, you've got a kid that wants to travel and see the world a little bit, go.
Speaker 2: And you save cap money, you can, Yeah, you save cap money.
Speaker 3: So it does I think we could say it potentially, especially those.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's your solution of power. Just let the whole turn go. Yeah, what do you reckon? You play in the same Jersey's leads, don't you just send them to the Leads family today. I'm going to use this between twelve and two Saturday Triple m don't I might skip in the Tony Squire.
Speaker 3: I'm going to do my secondary item on Saturday's column.
Speaker 1: So you're doing that too, doing a lot my goodness shoulders. Did you see way Graham speaking of that? Do you see the footage of the Origin call and Wade Graham was in there with Dean Ganain and I think Wally was Wally laws Pool while he was sitting down there. But every time those last couple of tries for the Blues wide, you could see what it meant to what it meant to the former Origin star. Way Graham was very happy to see the Blues win.
Speaker 2: It was the year our old Boys return to, wouldn't it you know? When we showed Queensland, ours was passionate as their.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I like the story coming out of the North Queensland as well. That because they had so many Origin players up there, whether there was a little bit of a bit sullen after Origin and they said no, no. The Blues Reice Robinson particular was pretty ugnanimous about it, and I said, but then it comes.
Speaker 2: Very much.
Speaker 1: He felt.
Speaker 2: I ended up for a set that jacket. Where's that from?
Speaker 1: I've got no idea.
Speaker 3: It's a bit old.
Speaker 2: I'm urging people listening to us to watch us. I was going to say, it looks very old, and it looked. Mate. I had to duck through layers to get some Mondays the other day, and I'm sure I saw that. I'm sure I saw it on the rack. Michael.
Speaker 3: The reason I'm wearing it because I was story. I was wearing it to three sixty last night and with the T shirt on and Mitch Diffin, the producer goes, you have to wear that on the point tomorrow. I want to see Buzz's reaction. And he's a listener to this or a viewer. You have to let him know.
Speaker 2: Your wife didn't buy it. I will now go on record saying it's the worst top I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Brought this into the UK. When I was doing it, that is lows, I saw one of can we get it? Could be Gap?
Speaker 2: What is it they are? There's a camera Gap Gap? Oh Gay? Really Gap? GAP's not a bad brand?
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, there you go.
Speaker 3: Wow, I knew it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Had a spell put that one out for a spell too.
Speaker 3: I will see you in ten weeks.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we've got to pull together. Now it's Olympics time. We don't have many of us around.
Speaker 3: Do you like the Olympics?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolute wonder the Matilda's play Friday night, Saturday morning.
Speaker 1: Friday, Friday morning times.
Speaker 2: I'd nearly get up to what matildas are. Love them?
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, I think that'll be good. What about Paul mick On? I don't want to keep plugging in the other day. But BOSSI and Brandy ahead of the INNI of w season launch, we're very excited, saying that women's rugby league had ascended to the top of women's sports that are also played by men. They said, you're with us, and he went nah.
Speaker 3: Well, the Matilda's Hello, Tilda's cricket team.
Speaker 2: I've done, my saint on the launch of the nrl WS season.
Speaker 3: This is not a sledge of no, no, no, But.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is I think it's sat in two thousand and eight, seventeen years there were four teams and it was an okay comp What it's grown into is the fastest growing area of the game.
Speaker 3: But that wasn't the question. But would you rank them along to see their origin? TV rating did three times the Wallaby got last week again, again not the question, right, would you rank the Matildas ahead of the nrl W Yes, okay.
Speaker 4: Thanks, Well, that's all I was saying that I thought it was very good that the Matildas and the cricketers were probably playing there.
Speaker 3: They've been playing for tenis, have been playing for ten years before they get into the elite programs where the rugby league players. Now, you know you've got those twenty twenty one year olds that have come into the system been playing four or five years before that.
Speaker 2: There's something we don't have a mery fowl, right, Well.
Speaker 3: I'm saying that in ten years time, when they started playing at six, seven, eight, nine. Really, quality will be far different and it will catch up to the soccer and the cricket. But it's not there yet.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 2: I didn't say it was this conversation you've trained to from me saying I'll get.
Speaker 3: Up watching the team. That was the bloke in the chair. I on a wing.
Speaker 2: I thought tal on the show got waters and you're sitting there they do. I forgotten, Michael, Come on, come on.
Speaker 3: I gotcha there.
Speaker 1: Oh I got I want a little segment here called stay or go right and buzzes going, that's two and I might have to cut your micae off. All right. I just want to know where you think these players futures lie, because some are off contracts, some are uncertain. We just want to see where things are because some could be some different postcodes for some of these guys next season. So, and this is without any self the self grandizing here, Blaze t Lung yet, Paramatta, where do you see him next year?
Speaker 3: Stays Oh, yeah, what, I.
Speaker 2: Honestly don't know.
Speaker 3: I think we're just having an informed opinion here. I think it's not we're not locking it in concrete, but I think he stays. Dragons haven't heard much lately. It's been radio silence. The Dolphins are gone in hard for him as well. They've sort of slid under the radar a little bit. Newcast aren't in.
Speaker 2: Bold signing by Dolphins, they could.
Speaker 3: Well be a long term hards partner for Katoa gotcha. So yeah, they've gone big in for those So you add those two and it's quite a formidable side. But I think he stays.
Speaker 1: And you're talking obviously with Blaze. There's writer who is the young prop who was Schoolboy Cup National school Boy Cup this month as well. Again, so you maybe talk as a package deal. His dad's coaches in Cabramatta and.
Speaker 2: The third game. Yes, he's an outstanding through, he said right right as a prop, am I getting mixed up with the other kids from Yeah he had surgery. Yeah he is a very good player. He lockdown, isn't he?
Speaker 1: Do they have him? I like to check because he is.
Speaker 2: He is reminds me of the same age Hard Greats. Not saying he's going to be Hard Greas, but he tear away like Hard Grease was at that age.
Speaker 3: It was definitely a point of difference and saying we're not going to see him in the back end of the year. But he'll play plenty of first grade next year.
Speaker 2: Good good player.
Speaker 1: Okay, next one jo on Babman West Tigers, I.
Speaker 3: Don't think so.
Speaker 2: No, I think England or Souse.
Speaker 1: I agree with buzz Wow, Okay, Daniel Cepheidiat the Knights.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say Stays.
Speaker 2: I was actually told that he's not one of the players. Well. I spoke to Peter Sullivan accell and Peter said that he's not that dirty about and thinks his career might need a reset and a fresh start. Might be that being the case, I'd say st George Lawara.
Speaker 3: I just think it's the money. Buzz.
Speaker 2: I think George paid five hundred, Newcastle might pay two hundred.
Speaker 3: You don't have to pay more than that. All three a lot of money. That's the issue.
Speaker 2: That's but if you don't want someone, you've got to.
Speaker 3: Take a hit. You're going to take a hit. But when he gets to three hundred plus, you've got to replace him on one hundred and fifty thousand dollars players, So you're going to pay three. That's a five hundred thousand dollars player essentially, and he's worth that, so that it becomes there's a point in the cap where it's just not worth selling a player because you're going to have to replace. You have to replace them, and if you were spending three fifty out of your cap per season for them to play against you, I wouldn't do it. That's that's the only issue. Dragons are keen. He's done a medical. There was some minor concerns over his shoulder, just minor minor concerns.
Speaker 2: The same work today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I don't know. I'm not as convinced Dragons are Kane. But the Dragon is gonna have to up their offer to get the deal done, and if it doesn't happen, he'll be at the Knights.
Speaker 1: Okay, speaking of Dragons, Blake Laurie.
Speaker 3: Dragons or Super League, but he's got a long term deal there. Out of first grade at the moment hasn't been great.
Speaker 2: And I heard open clearly wrapping Blake Lurry the other day, wrapping in big time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he won't be playing against the Panthers this week. I don't think Blake Laurie so I.
Speaker 2: Think as the.
Speaker 3: Dan Lorry. Yeah, we're talking about Blake Lorry, Buzz Blake Lay. I wasn't sure where you're going with Sloan. Yeah, sorry, sorry, what a dope.
Speaker 2: Blake Laurie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he won their Player of the Year last year, Black Laurry. But he just hasn't what's happened. He just looks like he's just slowed up.
Speaker 1: Well, he looked he looked very, very spelt at the start.
Speaker 3: He saw him. I saw him, I need I went to pre season training at the Dragons and I said to him, mate, you're looking lean like you're looking for.
Speaker 2: I saw him too and watching Jim and he looked good. He looked too fit. Yeah, maybe he's lost a little size.
Speaker 3: Maybe, Yeah, but yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Sorry for him because he's had to carry that back for long time.
Speaker 3: It's been hard on him. Yeah, and he's a good guy and they love him around the club and he's a leader, which they don't have a lot of. But he's at the moment his performance just not up to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Matt Arthur at the Eels obviously been granted permission to negotiate elsewhere on the back of his dad out the door. It's a blow for par because he was the good young hooker coming through the ranks that they saw as a long term pot a long term.
Speaker 3: Number one, it's a position that they struggled. An instance, red Man left Newcastle potentially for Matt Arthur.
Speaker 2: But that's going to depend on the guy. We're about to get to Jade and Brayley and what happens there. Where do you sell Jade and Bradley to with those knees.
Speaker 1: He's had decent, decent wage for the next He's off contract in the months.
Speaker 3: Right, So these guys like Sophiti and Brady in particular, Brailey isn't being forced out, but it's a conversation where mate like, we're not going to extend. If we do extend, it's going to be on a fraction of what you want on. So if you can find a long term deal, we'll let you go.
Speaker 2: It's the coach trying to pressure up there when I said, not under pressure his job, but was right raising the other day that there's a few unhappy there.
Speaker 3: I hadn't heard that, so funny.
Speaker 2: I had a manage to ring me on Monday, who's not involved with a big group of players there, and I started chasing it. Someone else confirmed it, and then someone told me Dave Ricky was talking about last week and Dave's got as you know, it's got certain connections in Newcastle and that's why I raised it. I checked it for Peter passaid. It happens in rosters when you're facing a clean out.
Speaker 3: It's just the timing of it, right, and it's the it's.
Speaker 2: Their two performances beaten by seven in two games straight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not great, and it's the players that they're letting go, like Seffiti and Brayley are extremely popular and well liked, right, they're guys that have a lot of respect in the playing group, and that doesn't if they if they were guys that are happy to see the back of it wouldn't come to this, right. But they've tapped popular players which also hurts, you know, but you know they've got a leadership group.
Speaker 2: I think, but they've got to tap of course.
Speaker 3: Of course, it's there's never a right time to do it because if you leave it late then it's unfair because these guys don't get clubs or whatever the case may be. If you do it too early, it can blow up your season and becomes a distraction. And I think it's on the verge of that happening at Newcastle, no doubt.
Speaker 2: But he's hit the ground running, Sally, haven't.
Speaker 3: He as he does? And like, is the heat on the coach for these decisions or they on Sally because the coach is not making all these decisions.
Speaker 2: Sally told me that the coach has given him, you know, the cards to make the course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's it's going to be. I mean, his head on the chopping block things go.
Speaker 3: So it's got a lot, it's got a long term deal. He's pretty solid there at the side.
Speaker 2: You know, it's all right to say Wayne was the magnet, but they got knockbacks when Wayne was talking with Sally. Did a great job up.
Speaker 3: There, any job. But I think the paint with Newcastle is twelve months away from being rectified because, aside from seffiti, the guys that they're hopeful of leaving probably only have twelve months left on their deal, so it's not a huge wait to turn over that roster in a way, so they're not in a bad.
Speaker 1: Spot, all right, Big Red Corey Harsborough camera.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not sure about this one. It's been one that's been He's been on the raid of a few clubs in and out of first grade. You know. I think the Dragons looked at him. But I think once we see the domino forbus Stefano, who's the premiere middle on the on the market at the moment, we might see like one of those clubs that miss out of Sefano might go, all right, I want Daniel Seffiti, I want Corey hawes bro I might look at one of those players.
Speaker 2: You know, he hasn't had any luck at all, Cory this year hasn't.
Speaker 3: I think he's a good play. It's a point of difference. So i'd be if I was a club. You know, if you look at the titles, I don't.
Speaker 2: Think Camber would stand in his way if he wanted to go else.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so. But Emery Willer is the other one that's sort of intimated that he might want to move on. So I don't think they'd let both of them go. Potentially, yeah, but you look at the Tigers will need to replace the Finos, so they might come into the mix for so I think once the Sefano decision is made, they're going to have ramification because Dolphins obviously have money, the Dogs still have a little bit of money, the Tigers will have a lot of money, So I think that's where we'll see the market height up again once that decision is mate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can't wait to see those clubs over spend for players and get themselves into this trouble we're going to see in twenty four months time rugby league, Rugby league economy. All Right, we better talk some games because, yeah, although Friday is not the most appetizing for the general viewer, Super Saturday Buzz, Broncos, Bulldogs, massive ramifications for the top eight.
Speaker 2: Leave triple and get home as quick as I can.
Speaker 3: You're going to listen to ABC.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, well I need to hear the Broncos, Bulldogs, Cowboys, Sharks.
Speaker 1: Big game for your Sharkies.
Speaker 2: Magnet huge game, Big game for the.
Speaker 1: Cowboys and Rooster Seagulls huge. They were so disappointing last week the Roosters at the Great Aaron Wally Wallace at Fox went down to Melbourne to watch it. He said, look, he was exceptionally disappointed. He was honestly because I thought they looked cold, because they looked like cold and cold and disinterested cold. Ten minutes in you could see, oh, this is going to be one of those games and might.
Speaker 2: Be a blessing need to wake up call. Everyone was talking about them as potential.
Speaker 3: That is analysis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said, made it sounds crazy because they look cold, disinterested and like they didn't want to be there, and he has a look. He agrees it was cold, but they so much to play for and they were so flat.
Speaker 2: You agree they might need to wake up call.
Speaker 3: I don't know for wake up call.
Speaker 2: The hardsworld in.
Speaker 1: Melbourne, Well, they need to. They're backsiding you because history shows you need to finish top four to win a comp and if they keep if they don't get things right mainly could jump them into that top four mainly have a much easier run home for min Yes, this weekend is so critical for this so.
Speaker 3: Huge.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: We talk about how the roosters have a lot to prove. Mainly I've got a lot to prove too. If they mix it with the competition heavyweys. I think they can if they fix up their defense.
Speaker 1: Not convinced yet, you know.
Speaker 3: I just love their attack, Like they can throw the ball around, they can score points. You know, Tommy is freed up. Luke Brooks lake Brooks's look sensation. The last couple of weeks with Tommy back. But their defensive lapses is a concern.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mate, I don't mind their middles.
Speaker 3: Jake Turbar, that's a good side seconds back has been missing for a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, simply can play.
Speaker 3: I think they're a great roster from Brown. Think they're a great roster, great Tommy and then you look.
Speaker 2: At that match winning talent they've got, who can low game even without Tyler, Yeah, even without young Hopper. Looking at this, this is this will be the game of the round and Sam Walker needs to do a lot better than the needed last week against Jerome Hughes, much much better. He's up against another maestro this week in Cherry Evans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, agreed. I agree with all that, buzz. I think it's a great game and I think it's a real test for both sides Premiership credentials. And he's running with me, Mickey, I am.
Speaker 1: I am pressure on you two as well Saturday because big games you can't afford to stuff up on radio on Saturday.
Speaker 3: You blokes stuff up.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, you know, when I started on radio, did you ever hear cold piercecall? I'm a bit earlier. I started before handling around the grounds.
Speaker 1: For vitamins on the hill at I can't fill rof Field eight years. Yeah, suggest that you're only as good as your last performance, am I? Speaking of performances? You want to get on.
Speaker 3: With mixed people with yes, listen, I just have to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't print this out. This is poor form from.
Speaker 2: What we dinner. While we wait, I've got my daughter coming over and she wants chicken setzel.
Speaker 3: You make nice? What do you have it with?
Speaker 2: Buzz, some wedges, a toss salad and some gravy.
Speaker 1: Nice, that's very nice.
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 1: My wife's making lasagna from scratch, so yeah, beef egg plant just eg. Yeah, she does a very nice vegan vegetarian version, but I insist on a little bit of meat there.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I went over, what about you? My parents come over when I do three sixty, they come over, No lamb. So we've got some leftover Greek soup other lamona scored.
Speaker 1: Why would you you've done this before? Haven't brought that for us?
Speaker 3: They brought us leftover for me? Oh, they made it last night because I wasn't home and to help with the kids. And then nice they're still so.
Speaker 2: That possibly kept the question because you're telling us it's very boring. I don't want people.
Speaker 3: Do you ever cook the lamb? Have you cooked the lamb yet? Have you heard this lamb situation?
Speaker 2: I've been too time.
Speaker 3: There's this I made a girl more I've made There's a Greek dish really made. It was outstanding and the listeners have been asking for the recipe. So I've been said, I mean I would have. I've probably made about twenty or so copies now and only one person that's written back that they've made it. So if you've made and they died from the UK. So if you've made it, let me know. Jim wants to know Jim's Isn't it time to increase the number of day games. The fans love it, kids can watch at a decent hour, and it's better standard to play. Understand the broadcast aspects, but excessive night football increases areas with slippery balls on the fields and else. Should look into this well.
Speaker 2: The broadcasters pay four hundred million a year two billion over five years. They need to put product on when people are at home watching during the day, a lot of people are out shopping beach.
Speaker 1: I'm not a massive thing of the Sunday six fifteen game. No, I've been having the last couple of weeks. I'm with you on there, but how yeah, what other slots can they have for afternoon games? I guess is my question? Because on Fox on satur's great. You can watch a new SIL's Cup game into the three o'clock game. It's brilliant.
Speaker 3: I like that. So no, it definitely needs the two o'clock on Sunday is a mask.
Speaker 2: Interesting thing is when we have twenty teams, how are you going to fit ten games?
Speaker 3: Interest Well, when we get eighteen, they will go to I think three on Sunday, obviously two or four in a Sunday night game. And then when they go to twenty, hopefully they bring back Monday not forty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love you can't play Thursday through to Monday.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have three kind of four games on a Saturday or a Sunday.
Speaker 2: Can you we need more than two days of Tuesday Wednesday?
Speaker 3: But what kind of you kind of have too on Thursday? Right, it's impossible. We already have two on Friday.
Speaker 2: You kind have four on smarter people than you, And next please.
Speaker 3: Monday night forty bring it back. That was my favorite night of the week to watch forty mate.
Speaker 2: I want to hold this audience until the end.
Speaker 3: So can we move Dream Team back together? Are the Anerre still serious about purchasing the Super League?
Speaker 2: No idea?
Speaker 1: Why isn't it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're serious. They think they're just they've undertaken some due diligence and scene. What's out there to be scary? Yeah, it's not going to be worth a lot. I don't think the super leaks it's a good time to buy. Tom wants today. How many contracted players will we moved on for the twenty twenty five season At.
Speaker 1: The nights we're just discussing a little bit of that.
Speaker 3: I'd say at least two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you think to four?
Speaker 3: Did Mobbsy This is from James, Did Mobbsy attend the Bulldogs be Parry game with the forties five thousand people?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Well, people have been very interested in firstly, when you weren't here for a while, what was going on? And then when melt.
Speaker 2: Mobscase up and go who cares whether you're who?
Speaker 5: Of course an audience Bloodski wants to know why, Yes, why is the Fiji bid not a better fit than P and G safe from the players closer ties.
Speaker 3: Uh, and they have more NRL players than PNG.
Speaker 1: It's all political.
Speaker 2: Reading. Bulldog is more excited than anyone in the history of the planet.
Speaker 3: And j Yeah. Matthew wants to know, is any mail when or if Lucky Craker will be back this season. I can tell you he's playing reserve grade this week, which is good because there were some concerns around neck and concussion doubts whether he'd play again or over the case, but right for him, he would be back on Sunday and news I think at Sunday New South Wales Cup emails from Harry is Joey mine who eligible to be picked for the Kiwi's at the end of the year.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't think so, mate. I think it's going to rugby.
Speaker 3: He went like it's well, his contract technically ends in November one, so he.
Speaker 2: Question is whether he's coming back next year and the silence would suggest to years.
Speaker 3: That's always been the hope from the Roosters was way back in December. Mike wants to know. With Sam Walker yet to re sign with the Roosters, should the Cowboys go all in for him.
Speaker 2: I didn't would be my long term half.
Speaker 3: Well, the partner did, and I'd suggest would be the yeah, yeah, absolute potentially you know Tim isn't. This is an interesting one. Okay, we have to listen.
Speaker 2: Here, right, I have been You've had six guys, we were over due for us.
Speaker 3: I listened bars because I have been dabbling in derogatory. I have been dabbling in the idea of running my tech business like a modern day rugby league team. Okay, for example, my props are the sales guys doing the hard work, whereas the fullback would be my product manager of sorts out the defense, but chimes in on attack to finish the play. Okay, is there something equivalent in the journalism world. Who are the props? Who are the wingers? What position would you be? Is buzz like Nathan Brown a bench player who comes in far up the team and gets in stinks. Brent Reid a playmaker like Daily Cherry Evans, a Queensland and Enemy territory, carving it up.
Speaker 1: Listeners, I'm letting on a little secret here. I look down the bell. Brent Reid. I love him. He's a scatterbrain. He's not as controlled as Daily. He's not a controlling half. He is a Josh Reynolds. Josh, I should have said.
Speaker 2: I'm a Glenn Lazarus. No one took it up harder, No one carried teams like idea one all the time.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't call your brick with eyes.
Speaker 2: But wow, ready, I love what you say.
Speaker 3: He's ready Tyson Gamble then read really Gambles and Gamble.
Speaker 1: Well I was I was even gonna go step further and say he was the Brett Kenny who was more instinct. He plays what's in front of him.
Speaker 3: Mere Tyson Gamble runs around, doesn't know what he's doing.
Speaker 2: It's the Jackson Hastings of the side. Oh geez, what do you mean, Jenny, that's a bit of a Jackson?
Speaker 1: What do you make your know?
Speaker 2: Just who would you good?
Speaker 3: Better than?
Speaker 2: Probably worth five hundred in my cap. I just spent some George from that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no one.
Speaker 2: I don't have Sloan Spook, Carle Flannager.
Speaker 3: More.
Speaker 1: And I'm not a Benji Marshall style coach because i ain't get a happy hour off, the witching hour off to look after the kids.
Speaker 2: So he was tossing pancakes. I'm sure what his lovely wife was doing so well, I aren't sleeping, no doubt, like a lot of mum's out there.
Speaker 1: Definitely, but it has been good getting the game back.
Speaker 2: Together, terrific.
Speaker 3: Looking forward to Saturday carving up bars. I've been watching some good He's just a Freeman moment when I scooped you.
Speaker 2: Are you going to scoop me? Are you going to scoop me?
Speaker 1: All right, we'll see you all next week. Share, it's going to be back later