Speaker 1: I want the fairy tale. I want the prince charming.
Speaker 2: She how do I put this? Isn't a fan of my kissing style with.
Speaker 1: The boyfriend and girlfriend for about twelve hours.
Speaker 2: He's in a trash bin.
Speaker 1: He's non recyclable, catching them up.
Speaker 2: I love being love, I love love. On today's episode, we are talking about that big moment when you finally declare your love to someone.
Speaker 1: Matt also is sharing some very exciting news as as so stay tuned. Where's Your Head At is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 2: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more. Hello Matt, Hello Anna, how are you going?
Speaker 1: I'm going well, how are you going?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Good? Good? Good?
Speaker 1: Do you know what? I was actually thinking about something the other and I actually remembered that you hadn't addressed something that we spoke about last season on this podcast in regards to saying the big L word.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, actually so coming back? Yeah, I forgot about that. So what happened when I left it that Jen hadn't said I love you back to me?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So Matt shared with everyone that he had told his beloved girlfriend Jen that he loved her. Then they had a bit of a makeout sesh, and then she didn't say it back out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so if you haven't listened, Jen didn't want to say it back because she didn't want it to be like I love you. She didn't want to have to say it because I said it. She wanted to set it in her own time, in her own time when she felt ready. So coincidentally, actually, I don't really tell her what we record that day. I don't go into too much depth. I just say, oh, we've spoken about this that you'll have to listen in as we always do. That needs the extra Yeah, you know, I bade her in, so she didn't know exactly. But coincidentally, that night she actually set it back to me. Yeah, well not to say back to me. She actually said it to me.
Speaker 1: Should I say, did she know that we did the episode?
Speaker 2: No, she didn't.
Speaker 1: You didn't tell her a single thing.
Speaker 2: No. I think we recorded another one that day as well, and I just touched over. I didn't really say anything. Yeah, she actually told me though she wanted to say I love you to me a couple of days earlier, when we had a dinner, but we were puppy sitting a puppy and that was sort of in the.
Speaker 1: Way, so she was being everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she didn't get the chance to. Then we'd cooked a nice dinner dates, but that night she said it, cue, okay.
Speaker 1: Tell us the contacts. Let's rewind that because I need to know all the details. So where were you her sister?
Speaker 2: Her twin sister was house sitting her boyfriend's parents' house. We'd come over, had a couple of drinks, nothing too big, We'd gone to bed, passionately made love.
Speaker 1: And just after the visuals are like coming through, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, in any healthy relationship, after that you like kiss and caudle and all that sort of stuff. And she just said I love you, and I replied with one of my favorite movie star Wars. I replied with, I know, like hand Solo says to Princess Leia before he gets frozen. I just replied with a suave I know.
Speaker 1: So it was a post sex declaration.
Speaker 2: It's safe to say I may have rocked her world.
Speaker 1: My god, you're so gross. I can't well, look, I'm very happy for you, and I know that that was a really big deal for you, because you know, it's a huge declaration, something that you have been waiting for, hoping for, praying for, and finally it's happened and come to fruition. So I'm really happy for you. So I guess in this episode we're going to talk about huge declarations of love. Let's jump in.
Speaker 2: All right, and I so we've spoken about when Michael said I love you too. That's the biggest declaration of love. Has he done any other let's say, gestures, gestures, any more ways of showing that he loves you in a big declaration sort of way, if that's the right way.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, I don't know if you remember this, but I went away to the UK and then to Dubai and I came home and I was like, I cannot miss Valentine's Day. This is Michael and I's first Valentine's Day. I refused to miss it. And I actually arrived home at like midnight, but it was on the fourteenth of February, so we literally, yeah, like first hour of Valentine's Day. And I came home to our apartment and he had lit tea candles in a love heart shape with some flowers in it, and it said will you be my Valentine's on a little whiteboard. And he also played our song, which was very cute.
Speaker 2: So what's your song?
Speaker 1: It's called Let's Stay Together. So yeah, we love that song. We always put it on in like nice little moments. So that was a huge show of his love. And I thought that was so cute and also like it was kind of funny because in situations when a guy's being like super romantic, like he was just like laughing, so it made it like it wasn't uncomfortable. It was just funny but like cute, and I was.
Speaker 2: Like awkward laughing.
Speaker 1: No, he was just like this is for you, babe. You go happy Valentine's Day.
Speaker 2: Did he obviously come down and get you, take you off in the elevator, open the door for you and usher you in, or did you open the door to him there?
Speaker 1: So he obviously had picked me up from the airport, but he was like, sit in the bedroom for five minutes. I just need to do something really quick. I've planned a little thing. Leave them lit for like an hour. Last he picked me up for the airport. That would be a fire has.
Speaker 2: Highly recommend against that to our listeners.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then I think the next thing that he did was on our six month anniversary, he took me away for the weekend to talk. Hey, he knows I absolutely love talkey, which was like a tick because I was like, he listened, and yeah. I think that was like the two big things that he's done for me, and I really appreciated those. But Matt, yes, I know that recently you made a very big declaration of your love to Jen. It happened in Sydney when we went away to record season two of Where's Your Head At? So it was me, you, Jen, and Michael. You guys had went away on a romantic evening out and do you want to tell everyone what happened?
Speaker 2: Yes? Okay. So Jen and I have just been talking back and forth about this idea we had, and we kept going back and forth on it, and we actually mentioned it on the plane. We're like, oh, like, what happens if we get like matching tattoos together?
Speaker 1: So was this a joke at the start, Like it was like, oh, let's get matching tattoos?
Speaker 2: Ha ha ha ha, this should be cute. Yeah, let's you get matching tattoos. And then we're sitting there having a couple of drinks. And this is where it's quite funny. We weren't even drunk by any stretch of the imagination. I actually drove to the tattoo parla sober.
Speaker 1: So you can't blame it on the drunken.
Speaker 2: I can't blame it on any alcohol. Yeah, we just said it, had a couple of drinks and we're like, let's do it, so fuck it. Fuck it. Actually, actually, the day before when we were dead sober, we were actually trying to find one. We were walking around Sydney trying to find a tattoo parlor, calling different parlors. No one did walk in, no one was open, one was closed, were following Google Maps. They're like, all right, well, it wasn't meant to be. But then the next night we're like, no, it's meant to be. We want these tattoos for each other. So got up. First person I called, I said, hey, in Bondai, do you guys do walk in? So they're like, yeah, sure, it's going to be with our apprentice. And I was like, you know what, like whatever, as long as he knows how to tattoo. So I was like, all right, we'll book us in for this and put down the down payment and drove there maybe fifteen minutes. I was a bit nervous, She was a bit nervous. We were just tossing up ideas of what we wanted. Walked in there. Well, I'll tell hers first. She ended up settling with a M, just an M on her wrist.
Speaker 1: So Jen has an M on her wrist for life, Yeah, for life?
Speaker 2: For me, Wow, it matches the aesthetics more of a tattoo. She has an S there for a dog that passed away. She's just like a love heart, So just matches her tattoos.
Speaker 1: And you have tattoos as well, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have a couple of ship tats on my foot that like you tattoo on your foot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, says living Yeah.
Speaker 2: I got it with two of my mates. We've got matching tattoo. And then I got another one of my mate's names on the other side of my foot, so I have more like those yeah names. Yeah, I have all those. I have all those sort of tattoos on me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I settled on getting Jen with a love heart on my bum. Now. The tatoo artist said to me, what cheek and I said, look, she's always right, so let's put it on the right.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, a lot of my mates and that have said, well, I think that, like you've got the shit end of the deal here, Like she's only.
Speaker 1: Got an m she's going to change into mom. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh she's got a dog called Moker, so she's gonna get mockery. So that and they said, like, I got the ship end because I actually got gen tattooed on me. They're like, what are you going to do if things go belly up? I was going to get some tatoo removal and teach myself to like gin. But no. Yeah, but I said to them, like she said to me, she said, well, you don't have to look at yours. She's like, I have to brush my teeth, I'd have to like write down, I'd have to type on the keyboard. I'd have to drink my tea, drink my coffee and be continuously reminded of you and that tatoo and that nice hairs.
Speaker 1: Is a lot more public if someone says to her, oh, what's the M for? It's Matthew, my boyfriend.
Speaker 2: And I think we should actually stress as well that she got that tatoo before she said I love you to me as well. No, she did it, Yeah she did. And this might sound even crazier. It was two months into our.
Speaker 1: Relationship, so you guys got matching tattoos. It was it two months official.
Speaker 2: Two months official, two.
Speaker 1: Months official into your relationship. That is huge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm pretty full tilt like that.
Speaker 1: Do you know what? It actually makes more sense why you were so okay with the fact that she hadn't told you that she loved you back yet, because like she hasn't m tattooed on her wrist. Like that's the biggest declaration of love, more so than even saying it right.
Speaker 2: And some people say it's more than a ring. You can take a ring off, you can't just get rid of a tattoo. And that's what I said when we spoke about her not saying I love you. I said that her actions speak louder than her words, and I was comfortable in her actions.
Speaker 1: You weren't lying, But in all seriousness, I think you guys did that because you're pretty serious about each other.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: You clicked straight away, like she was called magical date girl, Like I mean, who was called magical date girl.
Speaker 2: I know, well, I started saying like, look to get underneath another love heart, saying like forever in a day, because that's what we say to each other, we're together forever in a day. I said, I want to get this, and she was like, calm down, Matthew, you're going to start to make it a fucking try. You're right thumb cheek, and I was like, yeah, you're probably right, and.
Speaker 1: You'll have her face on there exactly. Okay, So that's like a pretty big declaration of your love.
Speaker 2: Doesn't get much bigger than a tattoo permanent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a pinnacle. Can you top this in the future?
Speaker 2: I guess an engagement ring would be the next step naturally.
Speaker 1: Is that happening anytime soon? I mean, if there's a tattoo after two months, I feel like that's definitely on the horizon, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's just let's see what happens.
Speaker 1: We'll pause that.
Speaker 2: I mean, we've definitely I've definitely know which ring she wants. That's been addressed.
Speaker 1: Have you guys spoke about a potential proposal.
Speaker 2: I mean, the jokes get thrown around in any relationship. I feel, yeah, the joke sets throwing about where when ring all that sort of stuff. I'm lucky enough that she has a twin sister, So anything I need to know, I would just ask her. Yeah, perfect, yeah, when it should be ready to rock and roll.
Speaker 1: But yeah, wow, now that the dust has actually settled, you guys have the tattoos. How long ago did you get them?
Speaker 2: What was that? December?
Speaker 1: December?
Speaker 2: Yeah, months ago?
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do you think it was too soon?
Speaker 2: No? I mean I haven't regretted it at all. I think maybe in one heated conversation, I said, get the sandpaper. I said that once. It's like savage that I think it was. I think it was. Yeah, it was more or less. I knew it was so more or less was to try and break the ice in this like like heated conversation. Wud say it was an argument, but it was a heated conversation.
Speaker 1: It sounds very yeah, and I.
Speaker 2: My bum. Nonetheless, that would be quite painful if I was to do that. So I think she knew. She'd probably called my bluff. She's so mad she'd be like, well, then.
Speaker 1: Go on, Okay, So there are other ways to show your love without saying it. The first one that we're going to touch on is giving someone your full attention while speaking to them. So that's giving a lot of eye contact, not scrolling on your phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look, I think I've said it on here before. With my ex, literally she would just scroll on her phone the whole time Instagram, actually view her own stories over and over again, believe it or not, while you're talking to her. And it was just it's so uncomfortable and it's so disheartening and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: How did that make you feel?
Speaker 2: Not valuable? What I'm saying is not valid?
Speaker 1: Like just valuable, Yeah, yeah, just.
Speaker 2: Not like what I'm saying is not worth it, not worth the time. Yes, I ended up just not even really talking to it, and we just would just sit there and just scroll her phone and even then trying to spend quality time together and she just was on her phone the whole time. That's one of my pet hates that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like actively listening as opposed to listening whilst you're on your phone, and like multi time asking is such a different thing.
Speaker 2: I don't care what anyone says, you're not fully giving someone your attention if you're on your phone.
Speaker 1: I agreed.
Speaker 2: If someone says, oh, I'm multitasked, No, you're not. Yeah, you're not. You'll always miss a bit of the story. You'll always miss a bit, and you always it's noticeable when they go, wait what, yeah, like, well you weren't listening.
Speaker 1: And I mean even like we've spoke about this before on here, like when you're on a day and just having your phone like not even on the table, just so that someone feels like they're here to talk to me, listen to me, they're giving me their full attention.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Another thing that I like is sending cute messages or texts or even a handwritten no. Every once in a while.
Speaker 2: You love a handwritten note.
Speaker 1: Don't you know what Michael did which was actually really cute. I don't think I've told you about this. So he actually has made me like my own poem book. And then anytime because he loves writing poems, he's so good at it, and anytime there's like a special moment in our relationship, like the moment that he said I love you to me, he writes in the books, it's like an ongoing presence. So like we have our first date and then he wrote a poem about that day, and like when he first saw me. He's like written about that. It's so special to me, Like, I just you.
Speaker 2: Know on that. Jen and I actually while we were away last we bought a coffee table book and it is a bucket list and we've made it our bucket list and we've filled it in with things we want to do together. So it's really nice. We filled in likely over the Love Heart in the Great Beery reef, like do this stuff, and we've it's got like a bit where you can print off a photo and put it in. So yeah, we haven't really started it yet. We haven't had a chance to take anything off, but yeah, we've started a bucket list together.
Speaker 1: And how nice is that when you have something that you're both sharing together and like goals that you can reach together.
Speaker 2: There's a byre house in there. It's like goal slash like I have yeah, yeah, the goal Slash bucket list sort of stuff in there.
Speaker 1: Wow. Love that, Yeah, PDA, that's a big one. Like showing someone you care about them. It's a huge declaration of love. Super uncomfortable for those around. So you think about this on.
Speaker 2: That, well, you've gone a record saying you feel uncomfortable with the amount of PDA that genevieven myself show in public.
Speaker 1: I think, like it's not even about Jen. I think you as a person are a big PDA guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, I don't give a fuck who's around. I'm just there to show them. I love it.
Speaker 1: It's all too much.
Speaker 2: I love affection, I love giving it, I love receiving it.
Speaker 1: So but can't you do it like when people aren't there?
Speaker 2: No, trust me, I do, I know I do. I do it when they're there or not?
Speaker 1: Tell us what your sister said.
Speaker 2: Ah, so my eighteen year old sister Emma, when we were walking out the cinema. We all went as a family for something night movie night, like my sister Laura, boyfriend Jaden with their mum, and we were walking out. We're talking about like recapping the movie, and Emma just turns to me and goes, I'm never going to the movies with you two again.
Speaker 1: Were you guys making out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I make an air.
Speaker 1: Well, your mom's to the left, your sister's.
Speaker 2: To the right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When it went me Jen, Emma than the rest of the family. But yeah, Emma was just front row seats to an absolute makeout session.
Speaker 1: Like seeing that I think is not normal.
Speaker 2: It wasn't the whole movie.
Speaker 1: I mean, it was just if I was around my parents with Michael, Like, if he gets a peck on the lips, he's lucky.
Speaker 2: It's funny that you say that, because when I'm around her family, I'm really not affectionate. Maybe her sister and her sister's boyfriend. Yeah, but if her mom or a dad or other sister around, I'm a bit. Yeah, Like I can't. I rain in quite a lot.
Speaker 1: So don't you feel uncomfortable to it in front of your family?
Speaker 2: No, they know who I am, they know take it. Yeah, they know who I am. Yeah, they know I love Yeah.
Speaker 1: I personally like handholding, but I think like making out is like a line that probably shouldn't be crossed in public.
Speaker 2: You know. I used to see a girl who would not hold hands for her. It was like, bro, She'd wig out every one time I grab her hand in public to hold it, and she fucking really freaked out with me.
Speaker 1: Really, I mean, is that trauma? Is that like passing?
Speaker 2: She brought up that her X was a bit Yeah, it was a bit what I don't know. She said that he was a bit weird with handholding. And now she's just not used to and.
Speaker 1: Now she's kind of yeah, and she had a lot of trauma in regards to that X because I know who you're talking about. But I mean it's interesting, hey, because there's definitely different levels. You are, like probably at the very top end of PDA city, and I think everyone else is probably going to be less than underneath.
Speaker 2: Well Jen seems to like it, so, I mean, you guys.
Speaker 1: Are definitely in love. So it's cute, but like at the same time, like you don't want to be like eating your food and.
Speaker 2: Seeing us tongues deep in each other. Well, moving right along, so acts of service, making their favorite dinner, getting their favorite snack. It's funny because acts of service falls into one of the five love languages. It does, so I actually got called out the other day. We're watching We're in a TikTok hole Genevieve myself, and one came up saying, when you have a boyfriend who's all five of the love languages, And I said, oh, lucky for you, I am as well. It's like cool shit, and I was like, I'm all five and then she goes, you're not You're not gift giving and I was like, well, no, I mean like, if I go to the shops, I'll be thoughtful. And I go, okay, well Jen wants this, Jen likes this, and I'll do this. And then she said, no, that's more acts of service, like getting a favorite stacking up to me, that's gift giving.
Speaker 1: No, that's act of service.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I was like, oh, to me, that's giving a gift.
Speaker 1: That's interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got called out there and she's like, no, that's more acts of service. And I was like, oh, we spoke more about it, and I think, to me, the whole art of giving and receiving gifts is just lost on me. Like I don't do that.
Speaker 1: I don't love it.
Speaker 2: I feel so uncomfortable giving and receiving.
Speaker 1: Gifts that maybe one of her love languages is gift giving. Maybe she's made a point to say like, no, you aren't gift giving. Was one of her exes a gift giver?
Speaker 2: Yeah, apparently he gave a lot of gifts, because I've said to her. I even said to her, like flowers to me, and like I think he gives to me giving flowers. I think that's just you give flowers when someone's dead or something. Like geez, oh, your mate, or you're saying sorry for something to me, give flowers is like, yeah, abdolence more than like a just I know every girl loves to receive flowers. I don't well, they're saying that when she moved into her apartment, I gave her flowers as like a movie part of the moving in gift.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know if it's because I've been in so many toxic relationships and I'm a bit tainted. But flowers to me does represent I'm sorry, I've fucked up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and to me it does as well. To me, it does represent like an apology or something like that.
Speaker 1: It's not like if someone was saying to me, would you prefer flowers or chocolates? I would probably prefer chocolate.
Speaker 2: I might ask her because communication is key, so I'm going to find out what she would like. Yeah, what she likes.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, there's so many different ways to declare your love. Make sure that you're not getting matching tattoos too early in the relationship.
Speaker 2: It's never too early when you know you know baby.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, until next time. Bye, h