Speaker 1: On Scorne Lives Australia.
Speaker 2: This is the Reader Panalty Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the Reader Panety Show.
Speaker 4: Coming up tonight, Climate catastrophus and anti Israel crusader Greta Blumberg under fire for her latest.
Speaker 3: Active incoherent activism.
Speaker 4: The Kamala Harris honeymoon looks to be coming to an end.
Speaker 3: I'll speak to Kosher Gator about that and much more.
Speaker 4: Kinsey Schofield later in the hour with the latest royal and celebrity news, and I'll speak to a man making a real difference at the Cold Face working with the growing number of homeless people in Melbourne and Sydney and Lefti's Losing It features several Democrat soy boys and MSNBC Hack and Our Faith, CNN propagandis is back.
Speaker 5: What if folks in the reality based reality beat reality based media do in the coming week? Trump made a committed Teresa You said the president is using mind control.
Speaker 6: What does putin on Trump?
Speaker 4: Let's start with a fantastic piece from Robert gob Leeson in Today's Australian where he talks about the country's economic woes intensifying further with yesterday's GDP figures showing we're heading for a.
Speaker 3: Repeat of stagflation.
Speaker 4: He says a slow down in consumer spending should have substantially reduced inflation, but it failed, and it failed because of four key reasons. First, governments have thoughted the impact of the RBA's slow down measures by massive spending both at state and federal level, funded by borrowing.
Speaker 3: Secondly, the government.
Speaker 4: Encouraged wage rises across the board, trying to end the cost of living problems, but in turn this further pushed up prices given all that government spending. Thirdly, Australia is being turned from one of the lowest cost energy countries to one of the highest in the world. And finally, we have introduced industrial relations legislation with the specific aim to increase costs and lower productivity. Joining me now is mensies A Research Center Senior Fellow and Danube Institute visiting.
Speaker 3: Fellow Nick Kita.
Speaker 4: Nick, it appears our economic woes are almost entirely self inflicted, from the daft energy policies to inflation inducing spending policies.
Speaker 7: Indeed, inflation always and everywhere begins in Canberra when it comes to Australia or Washington. In the case of the United States government spending and government policy is key to this. And yet I haven't at once even heard Charmers come close to acknowledge that he could be the problem. And the interesting thing is Robert god believes and makes a comparison with the nineteen seventy stagflation, and who was Prime minister then, GoF Whitlam. GoF Whitlam at least got that the government had to cut it spending. And in nineteen seventy three he told all the men around the cabinet table they were going to travel economy class from now on, and the complaint came back allway too important, and he said, well, I'm a great man, and I could travel economy class all my life and I would still be a great man. You, on the other hand, a little men, and you could travel in business class all your life and you'll still be little men. So it's just an illustration to show that he got it. I mean, he didn't actually do it much about spending, but in those days people acknowledged what Charmers and Albanezi refused to not acknowledge that they are the problem. Not Ukraine, they are the problem. They are responsible for energy policy, which you say is a big part of this and responsible for this enormous level of government spending.
Speaker 3: Well, it's economics one O one.
Speaker 4: If you pump money into the economy, you're going to cause inflation. And they have taken several measures, several policies that are just pumping money in and then their shock that is isn't coming down even though people are hurting and interest rates are biting. It's almost maddening because this stuff isn't terribly complicated.
Speaker 3: Now, let's go to the City of Melbourne.
Speaker 4: They've kept secret a report outlining the public's concerns regarding the expansion of bike lanes, which former Lord mess Sally Cap was pushing hard. The council paid Redbridge, the polling company, ninety thousand dollars to conduct a detailed surveys on CAP's plan, and while the surveys did find some support for the general idea, when it came to operational specifics, the response was overwhelmingly negative. Melbournian said the lanes would make it harder to drive around the city and would make them less likely to visit the CBDA, which incidentally is dying in this town. And within weeks of the report being completed, Sally Cap did pause her plan to roll out an extra forty killing me of CBD by lanes.
Speaker 3: But Nick, this.
Speaker 4: Report was kept hidden until pressure from a freedom of information request. What impact do you think this is going to have on the upcoming maryoral election because the current Lord Mayor was Sally CAP's deputy and that's our good friend, Nicholas Reese.
Speaker 7: Well, you know the politics of Melbourne City Council better than I do. But look it sounds to me as if the rate players of Melbourne should get in there and eject this mayor right away. Sorry Nicholas, but you have to go. You've become you've joined the Zelots when it comes to cycle tracks. Let me say, reader, I am a great enthusiast for cycle tracks, at least I used to be before the Zelot's got control of it. Margaret Thatcher incidentally starting to introduce them in Britain on the simple logic that if you put people on a bicycle it takes up a lot less road space than a car. But the trouble is you've got these people in charge, you don't understand how to build bike lanes, to put them in appropriate places, and it ends up slowing down the traffic, Whereas the only justification for putting bikes bike lanes in is if it speeds up the traffic by taking cars off the roads. If you can't do that, that is the measure, because that's how business needs to measure productivity. Whether delivery vans can get into the city easy in cheaply. All this, in the end goes back to the consumers and the prices we pay. If we make it hard for delivery vans and don't make it hard for business, well that.
Speaker 3: Is a huge issue in itself.
Speaker 4: If you speak to the traders getting any sort of deliveries into the CBD, it becomes very problematic indeed, and they are.
Speaker 3: Just hostile to cars.
Speaker 4: The Council has been hostile to cars for a long time and the traders are suffering because of it. Now, let's talk about Greta thun Work the Swedish climate activists. She was arrested during a pro Palestinian demonstration in Copenhagen yesterday, and she and her fellow activists were protesting against the University of Copenhagen for cooporating with Israel. Israeli academics and institutions but the products of this corporation, Nick are things like studies into climate change and global warming prevention with the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Seems like Greta's hatred of Israel is stronger than her supposed love for the environment.
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly, red that you could go. We could fill dozens of shows with Jenna Thumberg's hypocrisy before we even start on the hypocrisy of the rest of them. Does she not see the irony that she's been arrested for trying to occupy a university campus. When I thought this were against occupations, I thought that was the whole thing was about. But anyway, she's been arrested, and she's probably got what she wanted because these, after all, they're not demonstrations deliberately trying to aim some and some sort of what they see as evil, because there is no evil, and they don't understand the situation anyway. What they're all about, of course, is drawing attention to themselves. So being arrested by two burly Copenhagen policemen seems to be playing right into her books. Pictures of her being pulled along. Yeah, I hope they keep her in for a while actually just let her reflect on how stupid she's been.
Speaker 4: Well, it seems to be her full time occupation, just getting arrested and arrested and released. I don't know what else she does with her days, but she seems to be more focused on anti Israeli activism at the moment than anything else now. Australian supermodel el McPherson announced in an interview that her breast cancer is now in clinical remission, but her announcement has sparked some controversy after she advocated for an alternative treatment method.
Speaker 8: Australian supermodel elmcpherson has been blasted by medical experts as irresponsible after revealing she refused chemo THEARHAH for breast cancer and opted for what she called a holistic approach.
Speaker 9: In her new.
Speaker 10: Memoir, the sixty year old.
Speaker 8: Said she ignored doctors who suggested an aggressive treatment plan when she was diagnosed seven years ago, including chemo, radiation, hormone therapy and a reconstruction. Instead, she only had a lumpectomy.
Speaker 11: My big issue is that celebrities can have a very big voice, and I really urge people out there to listen to the medical team around them.
Speaker 6: And follow that advice.
Speaker 8: The fashion star says she's in remission.
Speaker 4: Nick five years ago, I would have joined in the condemnation, but I've got to say one hundred percent with her today. Trusting in the science in the medical community, I think has diminished somewhat after the lunacy we saw from so many during COVID, some of the absolutely hair brained things we were told to do, and I think that I've got a completely different attitude to it.
Speaker 3: I'm interested in your take.
Speaker 7: I'm with you on this one, reader, and I probably would have said the same as you five years ago, but not now. And at first of all, let's say that I'm delighted to hear she's in remission, and I wish you're all the best. And it's very bold and brave move she took, because you know, you know, finding other advice is a challenging thing and I'm glad she's done it. But it's her choice. And this idea that she has to behave differently because she's an actress or she's in the public eye, that's just absolute nonsense. And you're right, I mean trust in doctors has declined. Opinion polls show this, which is dreadful because we should all be able to trust our gps, but when they were acting under orders, and gps were being sacked for giving alternative advice suggesting that, say, a healthy eighteen year old probably didn't need to take the vaccine after all, because there was no foreseeable risk of them actually, you know, dying of COVID. We got all this rubbish, and it's contradictory advice, much of which turned to be wrong. There is such a thing as vaccine injuries. I've met those people and it's tragic. So we ought to at least be able to get a second opinion, and under COVID we weren't allowed to get a second opinion. It was illegal.
Speaker 4: Well, it's not just the vaccines, it's all the measures that we saw. So many doctors wholeheartedly pushed. Not all of them, I've got to say, there were plenty who were against it, and some who did speak out were absolutely slammed by segments of the media. But things like wearing masks outdoors and confining people indoors when the probably the safest place for them to be would be out in the sunshine in the fresh air, as opposed to being inside where the virus would be circulating.
Speaker 3: There was just so much poor advice.
Speaker 4: Over that period and contradictory advice that they did one to eighty flips on.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I can understand why the trust.
Speaker 4: In those experts isn't what it used to be.
Speaker 3: Niketa, I thank you for your time. Evening, thank you.
Speaker 4: This evening street Side Medics launched in Melbourne, providing free healthcare for homeless people. It's the brainchild of a former Young Australian of the Year, doctor Daniel Naur, who joins me. Now, Daniel, you've been running this operation in Sydney and in.
Speaker 3: New South Wales since twenty twenty.
Speaker 9: Tell me why this.
Speaker 3: Service is necessary.
Speaker 4: We've got universal health care, we've got bulk billing. Why do we need to have the services you provide at on the streets helping homeless people receive medical care.
Speaker 6: Yeah, reader, I could talk about this for hours. To be quite honest with you, there's so many reasons why. But to start with, there are a number of significant and challenging barriers that limit access to healthcare for people experiencing homelessess. I am one of the people that believe we have probably the best healthcare system in the world, but that healthcare system is inaccessible for so many people, and for people experiencing homelessess, it's even harder. And the barriers are the costs involved, transportation required, the level of documentation and Medicare and ID. It's the notion that you have to be at this place at this time, for this duration, at this hour. It's previous negative experiences, it's stigma and embarrassment, but also it's health priority. For people experiencing homeosists are more likely to be concerned about when am I getting my next meal, shelter, security, companionship, and not why am I short of breath or why am I having chest pains?
Speaker 4: So are you finding people have not had things that could be easily remitty checked and they grow into much bigger issues for them.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, absolutely, so primary health care or preventative healthcare is really happening. We see people that have had diabetes for thirty years and presenting with all the complications. It could have been prevented. Or people with hepatitis C that's at the acute stage that can lead to soorrhosis, but it hasn't been caught, and so really what we try and do is provide opportunistic healthcare. We partner with local community based organizations that provide food or shelter to people experiencing homelessness and we park alongside them. Here in Melbourne, we've partnered with the Salvation Army in Burke Street. They've been providing a fantastic service for Melbourne for many years. Over five hundred meals a day will be served. We'll park alongside them and we'll have our vent there, which doesn't require Medicare, doesn't require ID, so.
Speaker 4: These people don't need any ID or Medicare or an appointment, or you.
Speaker 3: Go to them where they are.
Speaker 4: And we've seen, particularly in this city in Melbourne, the homelessness problem grow.
Speaker 3: Is it getting worse?
Speaker 4: And are you finding it difficult to meet the demand that's there?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Look, there is no doubt in my mind that homelessness is a pandemic across the world. This isn't an Australia only problem. You go to America, you go anywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we're are wealthy countries that expect us to we.
Speaker 6: Are we are And you know what, Australia's homelessness population is growing at a very concerning rate. Melbourne unfortunately is not any better there are. You know, the data that we have on homelessness is relatively poor and it's old. You know, we say that thirty odd thousand people experiencing homelessness in Victoria. I would bet it's probably more than double that. Yeah, are we struggling to meet the needs? Look, we take our clinics to the areas that needed the most and we don't turn anyone away, and we slowly grow our services to make sure that we can need the needs of the community. Are we reaching the full potential? Certainly, not yet, But that's my biggest goal is making sure that streets Ademetics grows across the nation to be an organization that can meet the need of the Australian community.
Speaker 4: Now, last night at the official Melbourne launch, the Prime Minister was there.
Speaker 3: He is a big fan of what you do.
Speaker 4: He introduced you and spoke glowingly about your work. He's recently moved Clara O'Neil to the Minister for Housing and the Minister for Homelessness. Do you have faith she'll be able to do something significant in this area?
Speaker 6: I do? I do. I think the more eyes and the more people working in this space, the better. One of the things I am passionate about is a Homelessness Commissioner, and I think that it's absolutely essential and it's needed now. And the reason I say that is there are so many organizations that are doing amazing work, but in bubbles, in silos, there is collaboration, but there isn't unity. We aren't one body working together to improve the space. And so I think that you know, I certainly welcome the idea of a Homelessness Minister, and I'm sure Minister Clearer Knew would do a fantastic job, but it would be amiss of us not to consider putting a Homelessess commissioner. And I would say that it needs to happen sooner rather than later.
Speaker 4: When you speak to the Prime Minister about this issue, what is his response?
Speaker 3: What are you.
Speaker 4: Seeing from the federal government and the state government elements about tackling this crisis.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So the federal government have been strong supporters of streets Admetics for the last three years. We've received funding from the federal government and as you saw last night, the Prime Minister has vocally said that he will continues to support streets Admedics and the sure of its growth. We haven't seen as much support from the state of governments yet, but I have no doubt that there will be appetite for that, and we're working with the state government to make sure that we can meet their needs and work on solutions together. So I think the appetite is there, and I think that we have proven that a model like streets Ametics works, and we have proven that when you collaborate with other organizations you can do great things.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, and you are doing amazing work. You're literally saving lives out there.
Speaker 3: What is your.
Speaker 4: Message to people who come across this problem and they really don't know what to do to help.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I think the number one message I'd give in those circumstances is that is a human being that is asking for help. You'd be surprised how many people will walk by someone has sake another dollar and they'll walk right by them. I've spoken to so many people experiencing homelessness and they tell me how demoralizing that is, the fact that they are a human being asking someone else for help, and so many people lack to even recognize that. They've asked if someone was walking and said, excuse me, you'd stop. They're no different. So I think that The number one message I'd have is stop, stop and say I'm so sorry I don't give money out, or I'm so sorry I don't have any cash. I'm so sorry. I can buy you a meal of but I'm not comfortable giving you money. But stop and have that conversation and get down to the level acknowledge them. That would be the most important thing, and you'll be surprised what a friendly year, a supportive or encouraging few words can do to someone.
Speaker 3: Doctor Daniel North, thank you so much for your time this evening. Thank you still to come.
Speaker 4: Lefty's Losing It and Kosher Gaeta on Kamala Harris's Achilles Hill.
Speaker 3: Which could cost her the election. Welcome back.
Speaker 4: Now it's time for left Is Losing It. Here we have a former Democrat turned mega man, Adam Francisco, trying to conduct an interview when an enraged Kamala loving soy boy launches an attack.
Speaker 3: This is hilarious because he's the best person.
Speaker 11: Look at this weird guy. He's never left the weight in his life the US.
Speaker 9: Are you really gonna hit me?
Speaker 11: Are you really gonna hit me? You want to go to jail for a sack?
Speaker 6: You do?
Speaker 11: Look like Thomas Crooks.
Speaker 12: You look like Thomas Crooks.
Speaker 4: Can we just get one more look at that running attack?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 4: Now let's go to MSNBC, where the reliably hysterical Joe Scarborough is trying his dundest to be even more un hinged than joy Raid.
Speaker 13: If you believe an American capitalism, you should be worried about Donald Trump being elected.
Speaker 6: We always talk about democracy.
Speaker 13: We always talk about democracy. Madisonian democracy undert because Madisonian democracy is under that, but American capitalism also under threat.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's Donald Trump who is a threat to capitalism, not the far left ideal Logue who wants to bring in Soviet style price controls and her commy sidekick who talks about being unashamedly socialist.
Speaker 14: Don't ever share away from our progressive values.
Speaker 15: One persons socialism is another person's neighborliness.
Speaker 4: Now to CNN, who are bringing back a far left activist who rails against disinformation while pumping out nothing but disinformation. Yes, CNN is bringing back the human potato, Brian Stelter.
Speaker 3: They've hit rock bottom and started digging.
Speaker 5: Trump might have committed treason. You say the president is using mind control? What does putin have on Trump, the US president possibly working for the Russians? Is President Trump a rasist? Is the Trump presidency a criminal presidency? There's no way to tweet yourself out of impeachment, impeachment, impeachment, and impeachment, impeachment. What I hear on Fox is that the media is obsessed about impeachment, impeachment, impeachment, impeachment, impeachment, impeachment. Trump and some of his allies are promoting a hete movement against the American press. Why does Sarah Sanders still have a job. Is it time for newsrooms to think of new ways to convey Trump's lack of credibility? You might say the media hasn't earned your trust either. Okay, look up the stats for yourself.
Speaker 3: God bless CNN. They are slow learners.
Speaker 4: They keep it getting vivek Ramaswami on for hostile interviews. But the man is too clover, too quick, and too eloquent, and unlike the folk at CNN, he's not suffering for me. The teds no selective amnesia here. He annihilates Kamala Harris's rebrand.
Speaker 11: Claims about Kamala Harris, I want to finish that discussion. She said she didn't favor a ban on fracking. Now the reality is she was one of the strongest proponents of that ban, so much so that when she was in California she sued the Obama administration over granting fracking permits.
Speaker 16: She didn't just.
Speaker 11: Favor the abolition of private health insurance. She was a co sponsor of the bill with Bernie Sanders as a US Senator for Medicare for All for Americans. The reality is, when you think about the Green New Deal, she was the chief proponent, not just as a co sponsor of the legislation, but going further and saying she would end the filibuster in the Senate to ram that through. So the reality is she can say what she wants to say. Now those are actions she has taken. Is someone allowed to evolve, Of course they are, But she deserves to explain exactly why she's changed those positions, Exactly what her position is. If it's not a ban on fracking, what exactly is it? What exactly is her health care plan? If she no longer favers abolishing private health insurance, which just four short years ago when she ran for president, she did. And that's the kind of scrutiny that's been missing. I think Donald Trump has received plenty of scrutiny, and I give credit to him for sitting for hostile interviews that Kamala Harris has not.
Speaker 4: Now plenty more lefties losing it content with my next guest, and let's start with looking at Donald Trump sitting down with Fox News host Sean Hannity for a town hall event earlier today in the crucial swing state of Pennsylvania. He talked about the economy, the border, foreign policy, and he talked a little smack about Harris's VP pick, Tim Walls.
Speaker 13: There's something weird with that guy. He's a weird guy. JD is not weird. He's a solid rock. I happen to be a very solid rock.
Speaker 14: We're not weird.
Speaker 13: We're other things, perhaps, but we're not weird.
Speaker 6: But he is a weird guy.
Speaker 13: He works on the stage. There's something wrong with that guy. And he called me weird. And then the fake newsman you're picking it up. That was the word of the day. Weird, weird, weird. They're all going, but we're not weird guys. We're very solid people. They want our country to be great again.
Speaker 14: I mean, it's very simple.
Speaker 4: Now, this town hall was supposed to be a debate, but Kamala Harris refused the invitation.
Speaker 14: Let me just tell the audience so everybody is fully aware. Is that tonight the Fox offered a debate opportunity between you and Kamala Harris and I was not going to be here, but it was going to be Brett and Martha. This was supposed to be a debate, right, so I would have preferred I figured, I.
Speaker 13: Think he's a nice guy, but I would have preferred a debate. Thanks a lot, but this is the best we could do.
Speaker 3: Sean joining me.
Speaker 4: Now, Sky and contributor Kosher, Gaeta Kosher, How did you see this.
Speaker 3: At town hall? It was interesting. Trump was in well the usual form we see at the rallies.
Speaker 16: He was up and about nothing if not interesting in Trump anything that he does. You know, I think being on Fox News with Chinad his friendly territory for Trump. However, at the stage with sixty days to go, it's all about driving the media cycle and getting the message out and Kama Harris and Tim Walter leaving that field wide open for Trump and g D. They're doing everything from podcasts to this town hall and he was hitting his messages energy since this was in Pennsylvania and the whole fracking flip flop, immigration, the economy, just general swapes at them around leadership ability as well, that you know they're too scared. They didn't take the opportunity to debate over here tonight, the weird thing, all of that. So I think he hit all his messages and the media will pick up nuggets on that.
Speaker 4: And he noted that the only interview she did was that very friendly one with sin and pre recorded with walls there. They only released eighteen minutes or whatever they recorded, and she appeared to have notes there, which is something else he was highlighting that hasn't been reported a great deal. So he got a few messages through. And let's have a look at one last clip here he's talking about illegal immigration and Harris's part in record numbers coming across the southern border every single year of the Biden Harris administration.
Speaker 14: Is there one open border? She wants open borders. Now she's all of a sudden, so go, I think we'll close the borders. She was the borders, whether you like it or not. But even if you don't want to use that term, she was in charge of the border.
Speaker 4: That is going to be, if not the number one issues, the number two issue, inflation, cost of living being the other big one, and it's one that she's going to find difficult to shake. Though she's trying to suddenly be all about borders and walls. People know her record, people know she advocated for the opposite for so long.
Speaker 16: Her trying to come to the middle on that and actually being pro wall in small ways and promegration is actually the biggest endorsement an advertisement of Trump's policies. Because if there's one thing people remember about his whole right into the political arena, it was that build the Wall chant back in twenty sixteen. That's what ultimately catapulted him into the White House. It's a Trump original, and it's really funny that she's going after that, which shows how popular that.
Speaker 12: Issue is or how important that issue is.
Speaker 16: And he's going to continue hitting that every single day for the next two months.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely.
Speaker 4: Now it's not just big tech the likes of Meta, Google tik Talk that are anti Trump. It seems Amazon's Alexa has also gone into the act.
Speaker 10: Alexa, why should I vote for Donald Trump?
Speaker 15: I cannot provide content that promotes a specific political party or a specific candidate.
Speaker 3: Alexa, why should I vote for Kamala Harris.
Speaker 15: While there are many reasons to vote for Kamala Harris, the most significant maybe that she is a strong candidate with a proven track record of accomplishment. As the first female vice president, Harris has already broken down a major gender barrier, and her career in politics has been characterized by a commitment to progressive ideals and a focus on helping disenfranchised communities.
Speaker 3: Incredible.
Speaker 4: There are plenty of other examples of people posting similar content asking Alexa that question and getting those answers.
Speaker 3: And Amazon has admitted the issue, but says it was all an innocent error.
Speaker 4: And Amazon spokesperson told Fox News Digital that the responses were the result of an error which has since been corrected. It's curious, the kosher that these errors all seem to be in the same direction.
Speaker 12: Always, always, unlessly.
Speaker 16: It's the big tech platforms, including Now, people you don't think of as publishers necessarily, but they are because Amazon is in the content and publishing business.
Speaker 12: You also see with the AI folks.
Speaker 1: So chat chip Ai is notorious, notoriously bad about that so there is going to be a cultural countercurrent to this, and we're seeing it with X and with the podcast circuit, where the truth and the other side of narrative does get a little.
Speaker 12: Bit of cut through more than before.
Speaker 16: Though you know, they're always swimming uphill for sure, and there's going to have to be legislative correction to that, which is that Section two thirty debate that gives all of these guys immunity from liability even though they shouldn't be getting that if their publishers and this basically was an act of publishing.
Speaker 4: And that may be what's triggered Mark Zuckerberg, owner of a CEO of Facebook and Instagram Meta, to make all sorts of revelations in the past week about the pressure of the FBI put on his companies and continue to put on him to suppress.
Speaker 16: Yeah, maybe he's getting out front in front of something that might be brewing. Depending on which way this election goes on this issue and every issue, you're going to have two completely different outcomes.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. Now.
Speaker 4: Former aid to New York Governor Kathy Hokul has been charged with secretly acting as an agent of the Chinese government. Linda's son who served as Governor Ocul's deputy chief of staff from twenty twenty one to twenty twenty three, was arrested along with her husband, on suspicion of receiving millions of dollars in compensation and gifts from Chinese government representatives.
Speaker 3: Kosher.
Speaker 4: This is interesting, indeed, and I think it was Kathy Hokul I remember accusing Trump of all sorts of crimes associated with the Russian collusion hoax.
Speaker 3: So to have someone that.
Speaker 4: Close to her deputy chief of staff face these charges, it's a significant development.
Speaker 16: It's quite a remarkable story, and it's one more in many we've seen where Senator Dianne Feinstein's twenty plus year chauffeur was found out to be potentially a spy for the Chinese. Had Eric Swollwell from California was getting cozy with Christine Fame all Democrats, all Democrats and these Chinese spies, and I don't know how much they knew about it necessarily, but it more shows again that the leadership ranks have incompetence up there where they're not even aware, they don't know that they're sitting ducks or remarks for this, and then on top of that point fingers, because while and Huokal have been among the loudest pointing fingers at Trump supposedly being a foreign agent, that just makes it even more ironic.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, And a new unearthed video of this lady Linda's son speaking about diversity, inclusion and the importance of equity.
Speaker 3: Have a look at this clip.
Speaker 17: When people stay in diversity and inclusion, I think everybody agrees or most people generally agree that it's a good thing, right, But I think right now we also need to bring in the word equity, right, equity.
Speaker 4: So as soon as I hear that word, red flags are going up, I would have arrested her right then. But it's again, the irony isn't lost anyone. That you've got someone who's been accused of being an agent of the Chinese Communist Party talking about the importance of dei and equity and equity is very different to equality, and many see it as a Marxist principle that has no place in the West.
Speaker 16: And none of those things are supported or promoted in China culturally or by the CCP. But they can easily catch lautch onto it and catch that trend. That's infiltrated and infected the West and so many Western institutions, and they get on either all regular or Cornbert le WHI seems to be what they're doing.
Speaker 4: Absolutely equality of opportunity, not equality of outcome. That's when you've got equity, and it's never ended well, no matter how good the intentions. Now, let's talk about two dozen attorney generals writing to twenty five major asset managers, including Morgan Stanley and Alliance Global Investors, alleging that in voting for environmental proposals flagged by activist group Series, these companies knowingly and willingly violated their legal obligation to act in the best financial interests of their clients. This is again a very interesting development Kosher in the fight against ESG. It's incredible because five years ago you would not have expected that ESG was just running rampant. It was a philosophy that businesses thought they had to entrine into how they worked. And now there's this fight back saying no, this is not in your shareholder's interest and you could actually face an investigation.
Speaker 16: Yeah, the pushback is definitely coming with either firings of these entire positions in different institutions or the taking legal action. And in the financial sector it's one of the few where you can draw a pretty straight line between the fiduciary responsibility of asset managers or people on boards of those companies and the recommendations that they're making. So that's the angle these ages are going with.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 16: The other side, of course, has very good legal representation and they'll defend that in the court of law.
Speaker 12: With it with the full vigor. I'm sure.
Speaker 16: So I'm not sure where the legal fallout will be, but it is interesting that there is pushback coming at every level.
Speaker 4: Well, it's essentially leftist activism that was forced upon corporates whether they liked it or not. There is, as you said, this fight back happening in the US locally in Australia. Is there even any awareness at all about what this is, how it's been used, and perhaps it not being actually a good thing for society or for the business world in general.
Speaker 12: It would be an interesting one.
Speaker 16: Just like here, the super fun industry is so big and all that, and to kind of dig into that a little bit.
Speaker 12: We've talked about this before that.
Speaker 16: In some trends, I always feel like Australia is five years behind what we see in the US, so maybe this is a leading indicator and then you'll see the ripple effect show up here.
Speaker 4: Well, let's hope those ripples come soon, because there just seems to be a complete lack of awareness of what this is.
Speaker 3: Now, we talked about Kamala's border.
Speaker 4: Wall flip flopping, and it's going to be used against her because there is plenty of evidence of her being all for open borders. In her twenty nineteen book The Truths We Hold, Harris called the idea of a border wall not only you useless and nothing more than a symbol, a monument standing in opposition to not just everything I value, but to the fundamental values upon which this country was built. In her social media posts during the Trump administration, she also called it stupid and medieval vanity, a medieval vanity project. But now she's saying she'll back a border security bill that includes.
Speaker 3: A six hundred and fifty million dollar pledge for a new border wall construction.
Speaker 2: Kamala Harris has spent decades fighting violent crime. As a Border state prosecutor, she took on drug cartels and jailed gang members for smuggling weapons and drugs across the border. As vice president, she backed the toughest border control bill in decades, and as president, she will hire thousands more border agents and crack down on fentanyl and human trafficking. Fixing the border is tough, so is Kamala Harris.
Speaker 3: Harris and I approved this message.
Speaker 4: In that Kamala ad Trump's border wall actually featured in the ad. That was a bad move. I was supposed to believe that these policy changes, the backflips, are all just a natural realignment of her values. But no one's really buying that. No one's buying that. She's gone from defending people paying people smugglers to bring them across the border, saying she'll back free health care for illegal immigrants she wants to accelerate their path to citizenship, to now saying she's going to build walls.
Speaker 16: I don't think anyone's buying it. She is not really a candidate. I look at her as a product the outcome of a marketing campaign by the machinery and this election, and what's going to be on the ballot is how powerful that machinery and marketing campaign is of the Democrats versus candidate Trump, because if this does sell with enough people at the election, which is very very tight rate now swings in her away, it will mean that all of the stuff that's on the record, her own book, as you say, did in twenty nineteen, she's been in the public guy for twenty years, didn't get cut through, and somehow she was just able to take a wand and need to make it all vanish.
Speaker 12: So it'll be very interesting to see how this please out.
Speaker 4: Absolutely now, several members of Tim Walls's extended family in Nebraska have been pictured in Walls for Trump t shirts in a clear sign they are in opposition to their vice presidential candidate relative. Those in the photo are related to Walls through his grandfather's brother, so I think these are like second cousins.
Speaker 3: But even his own.
Speaker 4: Brother, Jeff, has posted on Facebook that he is one hundred percent opposed to Tim's views, commenting that he has thought hard about getting on stage with Donald Trump, describing his brother as not the type of character you want making decisions about your future.
Speaker 3: This is pretty hard.
Speaker 4: I mean, we saw the media go big on some random Trump relative who they could find who was against Donald, even though they had very little contact with the family.
Speaker 3: I wonder how they're going to treat.
Speaker 4: This, because you've got the cousins, they're the second cousins, whatever they are. But to have the man's own brother come out so strongly, yeah, cuts through.
Speaker 16: I suspect they'll try their best to suppress that as they do.
Speaker 12: But you're right.
Speaker 16: I think that was Mary Trump Trump's niece. We also saw with RFT Junior just two weeks ago, five of his siblings came out, and we're very, very critical of his decision to endorse and support Trump. So when you see it in that way, the courage will be more than here. I will say in general, I'm not a fan of family members Era thirty laundry with outside.
Speaker 3: I think it's such a betrayal, isn't.
Speaker 16: It it is, and letting politics come into it. But that said, in his case, there is a narrative that's taking hold about something is off with Tim Waltz, fairly or not. I feel like that between the stolen valor issue and other aspects about him, and this feed into that. Even though I think it would be nice a family members kind of yeah, quiet.
Speaker 3: It's a bit Harry and Meghan for me.
Speaker 4: Kosha Gator thank you so much for your time's pleasure Still to come. Taylor Swift's boyfriend Travis Kelcey calls in the lawyers.
Speaker 3: And reviewers and audiences are split over the new Reagan.
Speaker 4: Film, watching the Reader Panney Show and Joining Me Now is Entertainment and.
Speaker 3: Royal reporter Kinsey Schofield.
Speaker 4: Let's start with Taylor Swift. Her boyfriend Travis Kelcey is bringing the lawyers over a photo of an alleged contract outlining the football stars relationship with Taylor and a comprehensive media plan for their breakup. The contract, which has full scope public relations on the front, which is the PR company Travis Kelcey users, outlines a plan to release an official statement at the end of this month announcing their breakup. This all includes a date September twenty eight, and the firm ads there should be a three day post breakup period. Includes a draft of what the statement would be, adding it needs to be seen as gracious and respectful. The agency says these documents are false.
Speaker 3: Do we know where they came from? The whole thing seems so bizarre.
Speaker 12: It is.
Speaker 10: It's like what an elaborate hoax. Somebody has way too much time on their hands. We started seeing this circulating on Reddit, and you're absolutely right, both Kelsey and his PR team are trying to find the culprit. But you know, I also think that they're probably trying to intimidate any further pranksters in how much they're taking this seriously.
Speaker 9: But a lot of thought going into that.
Speaker 10: Some joking that it looks written byt GPT Taylor and Travis joking that on the date that's listed September twenty eighth, they're going to have a lot of fun with it. They're gonna we're going to see them likely whether I think it's National Beer.
Speaker 9: Day or something. That was the joke.
Speaker 10: So I think that it's it's very unique and somebody's getting a lot. Somebody is going to get a job out of this one day, because that's a that's a gorilla marketing genius.
Speaker 4: Well, Travis Kelsy and his brother Jason have just assigned a one hundred million dollar podcast still with Amazon. He was certainly already a big star before he got together with Taylor Swift, but you've got to say this relationship has boosted his earning capacity significantly.
Speaker 9: I think she made him.
Speaker 10: A mainstream star. I'd never heard of him. She made him a household name. You know, he's INTENSI star. I'm sorry, and I know my partner works for the NFL, so that's saying a lot. But you know, he's got a new action comedy coming out. Apparently he's talking to a Lion's Gate about Luce Cannon's a new FX show, a horror project.
Speaker 9: And this was a guy that was doing reality dating shows before he was with Taylor Swift.
Speaker 4: She has elevated him, Oh absolutely, But you know what, he was a big star. Shocked that your boyfriends in the NFL works for the NFL and he did not know that. I mean, that's almost a deal breaker right there. I'm surprised he hasn't broken up with you over that one. Now the NFL season is back in the US, football fans are fuming that one of the promo reels being posted on Instagram by the NFL seems to feature Taylor Swift more than the star players US. Is it a bit of overkill, kids, because I know a lot of football fans are fed up with it, but it may be attracting a new audience.
Speaker 10: I mean, I do think that NFL fans don't care about friendship bracelets and mimosas they want.
Speaker 9: Beer and oversized football jerseys. You're right.
Speaker 10: I mean they are trying to get those young girls invested like they were last season.
Speaker 9: But don't alienate your audience.
Speaker 10: Make sure that your audience still feels like you're catering to them. And hopefully the NFL will take some of these notes and say we might need to slow down on all of the swift coverage.
Speaker 4: Yes please now, movie critics are trying to dissuade audiences from watching a new film called Reagan, which sees Hollywood star Dennis Quaid depict the life of the actor turned fortieth President of the United States, Ronald Reagan. The far left publication Daily Beast called it the worst movie of the year and absolute trash. The La Times called it historical hui and childish slog of hero worship. But review website Rotten Tomatoes has this really paints the picture kinzy.
Speaker 3: The critics rating is twenty one.
Speaker 4: Percent, but have a look at that audience rating ninety eight percent. I think that says something. People are turning up in droves to see it, and I think audiences no longer really trust lefty media critics. They trust other view is because they know the critics are normally got some sort of ideological reason for hating a particular film.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean it reminds me of the Christian movie. I can only imagine that movie gross to eighty six million dollars worldwide against a production budget of seven million. Remember the Sound of Freedom, critics candidate and it became a box office hit, collecting twenty million dollars after just one week.
Speaker 9: So I think you're absolutely right.
Speaker 10: The audience at home they don't care what these elites think anymore, that those opinions are unnecessary and untrustworthy at this time.
Speaker 4: And Kinsey, those rotten Tomato rankings remind me of the Dave Chappelle and Hannah Gadsby phenomenon that was much talked about online where you had the critics scores be poorer opposite to the audience score. So with Hannah Gadsby, the critics love the the audience hated it, and with Dave Schappela was the other way around.
Speaker 3: And I think it again.
Speaker 4: Shows there's this divide now where we don't trust the critical opinion. Things that are critically acclaimed may not be necessarily good.
Speaker 10: And I think people are sick of normal people are sick of watching movies with messages. And a lot of these critics are you know, liberals.
Speaker 9: They're in the.
Speaker 10: Media world and they love these message driven movies. Normal people just want to get lost.
Speaker 4: Well, you just want something that's well written, well acted, that's entertaining. I mean, I don't care if it's got a message, but if the whole point of the project is the message, then that's a problem.
Speaker 3: Now let's talk about the Royals.
Speaker 4: Queen Camilla delighted American author Emily Griffin when she sent her a personal letter after they met at a literary event earlier this year.
Speaker 3: She told the author she.
Speaker 4: Enjoyed her work and was looking forward to reading her new book In the Piece and Out of Scotland. But I do wonder whether Meghan is going to see this as a slide, given Griffin has publicly called Meghan unmaternal and phony in a series of comments that she did later apologize for.
Speaker 3: But so we know, Meghan and Harry do not forget anything that's right.
Speaker 10: Knowing how sensitive Harry and Meghan are, I absolutely believe that this would drive Meghan Markle crazy. You know, Emily's comments didn't cross any lines and they weren't necessarily cool. But unfortunately for Emily, she made these comments in that twenty four month period after the Oprah Winfrey interview where you were not allowed to critique Meghan Markle or you were canceled.
Speaker 3: Then.
Speaker 10: You know, remember Bethany Frankel saying, after I posted a negative video about Meghan Markle, a superstar called me and scolded me. Then South Park kind of changed everything. But that's really why Emily had to apologize and receive such backlash. I doubt Meghan is happy about the new friendship blossoming between Camilla.
Speaker 12: And Emily.
Speaker 4: Kinsey Schophil. Thank you so much for your time this.
Speaker 3: Evening, and that's it from me. Up next is Newsnight.
Speaker 4: I'll see you tomorrow night for Left is Losing It at nine point thirty