Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a violation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, a violation. Very mug What is it that's like a violation, that's very muggy. I'm not gonna let you take it for a mug nor week. Welcome back to Just for Girls, guy.
Speaker 1: Have you just tember? Can we play some Christmas music? Blake in the background.
Speaker 2: Mistletoe is my personal favorite Christmas songs.
Speaker 1: Play something in the back.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite Christmas song?
Speaker 1: Snowman by Sea?
Speaker 2: You do love that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I love it. Missletoe is forever going to be like, yeah, that's a classic. Yeah, but yeah, I mean keen to hear what Blake puts behind this.
Speaker 2: Just a little bit of chest it's stinging. And what's that one? I don't know, No, I keep saying all over TikTok. But my favorite time of this year as well is that it's Thanksgiving, obviously, but I'm a foodie and I spent I reckon three hours yesterday looking at other people's Thanksgiving dinners on titto.
Speaker 1: I don't know this is an unpopular opinion, but Turkey looks fucking shit. It's so dry.
Speaker 2: Like it more than ham.
Speaker 1: Oh I love Christmas ham, oh my god. And the best thing is is that when you have all the Christmas leftovers, because we do Christmas at our house every second year, and you get to have like the fresh white bread, a fuck done of butter, and the Christmas ham like the best toast cheese. Yeah, yeah, got the best. But they like it's like a toasty.
Speaker 2: Were a roast meat like wear a steak family for Christmas. I don't like ham. We double make a big like roast.
Speaker 1: We do like a weird We do a big roast and then we do ham and then we do lots of seafood.
Speaker 2: Australia. Yeah, pron's pavlov Christmas eating is the best. I've been severely, severely hungover my last two Christmases. I'm going to give you guys a warning here. Do not go out on Christmas Eve. It ruins the whole lunch. I couldn't eat anything. I couldn't enjoy it. I didn't have the tolerance for my family. I'm telling you, yeah. I went out one of the nights. I was out till like five. Oh. I slept through Christmas two years ago. Actually we were meant to go. It's so bad and I'm sorry mum, but we meant to drive up to the farm, which like to be there at eleven. We would have left around nine, nine point thirty. I didn't get to sleep until like seven, and then so me getting up, I ended up waking up, Oh what time is it? One? And I'm in Melbourne and Christmas is occurring at the farm without me. My god, the demons. We imagine that feeling going, oh my god, I have.
Speaker 1: To go to the Yeah, we're not allowed to do anything on Christmas Eve. It's like a family thing.
Speaker 2: I think it's fair. Like, after experiencing that, I think it's so fair. So he'd my warning, guys, do not drink on Christmas Eve because it ruins the whole day.
Speaker 1: One of my friends had a one night stand on Christmas Eve and woke up like went back to his house like the family Christmas at and like had to sneak out of like six am with all the Christmas presents on the crystal. She was like it was cynical, Like it was so fun.
Speaker 2: Imagine everyone like you wake up late and never run's in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Comping out me enjoy opening presents and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like it was actually so Yeah, I've bound myself from going out on Christmas Eve. It's wasn't like my birthday. Like I don't like being hungover on those like good days because it just ruins the yeah completely. But anyway, this week was a week of dates. It was we both went on. You went on a date. I went on a date. We did we did. Yeah, So I was yours because earlier in the week mine was on Tuesday. So I went on, I'm gonna lightly uh, I on a date with a guy that lives in America. And of you guys, I've religiously ripped into American accents on this podcast. So he had like a Southern accent. Yeah from Utah. No, it's from Arkansas.
Speaker 1: Oh I thought it was from Utah.
Speaker 2: Nah, but yeah, the accent. Yeah, it just.
Speaker 1: So I dropped easy at the bait and I just like fuck like I can, just like he was he's beautiful, but like opening your mouth, I just normally like, oh, shut up, I hate I can't say in American.
Speaker 2: So he was twenty six, he was he lives in LA He was here for two weekly. He is here for two weeks.
Speaker 1: How did you meet him?
Speaker 2: Hinge? Actually, like the night he got there, we went to this bar that's like my new favorite bar. It was good. We were getting along really well. But it's like Americans, It's just they're different catch and it's really.
Speaker 1: Like is he and I always say there's a difference between confidence and arrogance, and he was on the arrogance side for sure.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely not sure how much I can delve because like I never know of like the people were speaking about, they're going to be like listening to this.
Speaker 1: But it was a good day overall.
Speaker 2: We got along really yeah. Yeah, but we don't make them like that in Australia with that attitude, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: It's just different, like a wave growing.
Speaker 2: Honestly, if he does this new it, I don't think he'd be offended. I literally said to his face, holy fuck, you were so cocky.
Speaker 1: Yeah you did.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, And he's like, yeah, Like, wouldn't you rather mean be like that than timid? And I'm like, I do agree that there is a difference, yeah, cockiness and confidence, And I think so all boys need it. The cockiness, isn't.
Speaker 1: I just think it's a different way of like going about life. In America, you're a lot more naturally cocky. I think. I think it's just like social it's it's different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially maybe living in LA I feel like you almost need to have a bit of that in you in order to get someone. I understand it. It's just it's not the way Australians. I feel like I'm generally quite humble and it was not that at all. But yeah, we did. We did get along really well. But we're very different people and that's just I think culturally as well.
Speaker 1: I just think it was but it was really good for you to get back on the horse. I have fun, and I did not think about it too deeply this could this be my boyfriend, because like you knew in your mind that he lived in America.
Speaker 2: It was just about I think I need that. That's something I always worry about going into dating, and I've realized recently is like I think I put too much weight on it sometimes and so therefore I'm not allowing myself to connect with these people because I'm just so worried about like is this guy going to be my boyfriend? Like do I actually like this person? I can't actually allow myself to have fun the way that Sam does. So like the way that you just kind of go into it going it's a date, let me have fun. I'm just like, are you going to be my house? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have very different mindsets when it comes to it.
Speaker 2: But mine is a problem mindset that I need to figure out because I'm really then struggling to actually connect with anyone and let myself actually meet or like anyone because I'm so focused on like the heaviness of it, do you know what I mean? But with him, it wasn't like that. So we did have a good time. He was very like touching in a sense I think I need to feel like I need to feel that sometimes so manly.
Speaker 1: It allowed you to be in your feminine.
Speaker 2: It did which I never am in my feminine So I liked that because it's like usually I feel like in my past relationships I have to ask for that physical touch because I do like that, but like not having to ask for that and getting it anyway, and it makes you feel feminine totally. So it was good. But yeah, Americans different cats, and I like or British men, if there's any British right out there that come my way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so annoying because obviously it's going to have a podcast, So like speaking about your life online is like inevitable and obviously we're like we love doing it, but I wish you could block people so they couldn't fucking listen.
Speaker 2: Because I have started.
Speaker 1: I wish I could just say say to you girls, but it's like I don't want them to then know everything because I don't get to have an insight about their brain is what they thought about me as well, and I don't want to like tell them everything I thought and they get to listen through a third party through Spotify or something, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's honestly, this guy's a very very beautiful beautiful He's stunning. He like fatially absolutely stunning. He made some comment about like how it's hard to go out with him, and I was like, oh, like what do you mean? And he goes like, did you see how many people like broke their necks when we walked in as in like by meaning that he means like turn their heads to like look at us. And I go, how the fuck do you know they were looking at you? Maybe they were looking at me, duh, And he goes, yeah, but like I'm taller, so they'd see me first, and then like maybe they'd like look down and see like a pretty girl next to me. I go that. That's when I was like, that is so fucking cocky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how I would have responded in that situation. So I'm glad I wasn't.
Speaker 2: It just came out and I'm glad I said that you're so fucking cocky. What else am I gonna be?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Fair?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, my colleague shit, yeah, And I'm like usually it's like I said that, you kind of want the boy to think that you're like the beautiful, gorgeous No, no, I was like the.
Speaker 1: Second yeah, he was like I'm the king and you're like my minion.
Speaker 2: You're lucky to be here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I'm doing it your favor.
Speaker 2: Which, as a Leo through and through is not something you want. Like anyway, So my date was very interesting. You had a good date, though.
Speaker 1: I did. I had a second date. The first date was like really chill. I actually drove to the first day because I wasn't really big on drinking that night. But then on Friday when on a second date with him, he actually followed up because I kind of stopped replying to his messages, like it just like fate fizzled.
Speaker 2: Out a little bit, Rightn't you glad that he did?
Speaker 1: For I was really glad he did. And then yeah, he took me to Freddy's. He paid because he was like, I asked you on the date, I have to pay. And I was like, that is a really good rule of thumb. And then we got kicked out of Freddy's because it closed, so they were like, you need to leave.
Speaker 2: And Freddie's is great for a date, by the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really good, like super like pumping vibes, Like it's always busy, there's always things, like people around. The cocktails are really really nice. The pizza is really good. What'd you get? We shared a pizza lovely, it was vibes. And then we went to Rossy Bar, which is also a really good recommendation.
Speaker 2: If you're in the restaurant. Yeah, but it's also bar, yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And we stayed there till about one thirty, so the date was from seven pm to one thirty.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 1: We just sat and chatted the whole time, and we got so drunk. Like I'm like a pretty short person, like it doesn't take me a lot to get drunk. I think I had about twelve drinks in that span. Like I was hald hang over on Saturday. Really yeah, like I was not doing well, but it was like so good. Like we both kind of looked at each other by the end the same vibe. Yeah, we like we're drunk, like we probably should go home. Yeah, and he lives at home, and I have this weird thing about people coming over to my house. So I was like, I'll call you the uber past my house.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, you don't, like you know, you can have a good date and be like okay, like see you next time. We're going home separately, absolutely, but.
Speaker 1: I think there will be a third date. Like we were both like he was kind of like hinting it. He was like, oh, if you don't ghost me again, I was like, I'm going to go se you again.
Speaker 2: No, we had a good time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yay, so we'll see where I goes.
Speaker 2: So yeah, the week of dates, Why am I always so interesting? Like it's never like, oh wow, that was such a good date, like can't wait, maybe I'll married this guy. It's always like listen to fucking this.
Speaker 1: Manifested.
Speaker 2: You know. I went into the date knowing he lives in another country, but we did have a good time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a positive.
Speaker 2: You're listening. You're a lovely guy. He doesn't live here, though, so it's like, what can you do? AnyWho? On to this week's question of the Week.
Speaker 1: All right, easy, How do you truly feel about this time of year?
Speaker 2: I love it, weather's warming up. I love the decorations. We were driving into the city yesterday and seeing all the Christmas decorations in the city. I had some really really great Christmas as a kid, which I'm very, very lucky about. I don't know if anyone ever went. Did you ever go to the David Jones Christmas windows? I grew up in Wa True, but I love this time of year, even online. I love all the Christmas content, Thanksgiving content. I love Christmas Day. My family is not very I don't have one of those like really big fun families that like have those like amazing Christmases. Sorry, that's going to really offend my mum. I love you and you put so much effort into but like you know how some of those families have like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I always want to get married cousins.
Speaker 2: I want to marry I have.
Speaker 1: A really big family, like really big extended family, but I'm the youngest cousin, so like never like delivers for me. Like all my cousins have fun, but I'm like, I'm fucking but.
Speaker 2: I off with the dogs. And I do think it's incredibly stressful.
Speaker 1: I think it's a huge time of year of comparison. Time of year, it's like you're always comparing yourself with families and like family activities. How many Christmas parties people have compared to you, Like.
Speaker 2: You're living a city on Christmas Day going, oh that family has, like I've just said, twenty five people there, that looks so fun. I've only got six people. This is boring. Like, but I do think it's hard, Like if I'm just talking about myself and now I feel about it. Work does really heat up around this time of year, but in a good way because I think there's also that likeness to the fact that it's almost done. Yeah, but I personally like it. You my love, I You're allowed to not like it.
Speaker 1: I don't like Christmas. I'm like trying to embrace it. I have. Well, first of all, this time of year last year is when I went through my breakup, so like it's kind of like a little bit of like a touchy subject. It's like marks a year. So that's firstly.
Speaker 2: Is a bit like fuck a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a year on the sixth of December.
Speaker 2: Girl, quick has that year gone? Holy shit?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So like last on Saturday night, the girls and I all stayed home because we all went out on Friday and we like set up the Christmas tree. And then I was just sitting downstairs and the Christmas tree. I was like, fuck, that's the Christmas tree I brought with my ex and this time last year we set it up together. And now, which is like in hindsight, you have to look at it in like a really positive way, like I live with two of the most amazing girls. We've got to set up the Christmas tree together. We all got advent calendars, and like doing all those cute things is so fun. But then like you have such a positive experience on the back of a negative of like why you're now doing that instead of what such a.
Speaker 2: All time of year to then look back on last year and remember what you did it this time last year.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it probably is like a big reminder of how far I've come this year. But that doesn't make it any easier that it's like because I've come so far, because I've gone through such a hard time. I love like the Christmas parties, I love the events, like that stuff is really really fun. But I know it's because I'm distracting myself from something else. I have a lot of family trauma that goes around this time of year from when I was like a teenager. I'm not going to speak about it because it's my family's business, but I hate Christmas. Christmas is never a fun day for me because there is so much trauma involved in that. But I chose to try to enjoy it for whatever is.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to kind of turn around, create more memories, allowed to do something you can't enjoy in the future, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm trying to turn it into a positive thing, create more memories every year. Yeah yeah, and that's what I'm doing through therapy. Fuck yeah, fah, shout out therapy. Coming up next Wednesday, we have our Christmas party, so we can't wait to see you girls there.
Speaker 2: Get sold out. We love you guys. We're so excited.
Speaker 1: So excited, and we're definitely going to be doing more things in twenty twenty five, so stay tuned for that. Is he actually have to ask you about this. Oh yeah, so a lot of when they obviously the TikTok Awards were last week. Yeah, and there was this there's this video going around and like people saying, like influencers complaining about their job ABC or something, we're interviewing them being.
Speaker 2: Like I think I saw the interviewer talking about then went around to a bunch of different influences like is your job hard?
Speaker 1: Yes? What would you say if someone asked you that question on the red carpet? What would you say?
Speaker 2: No, it's not. I'm very lucky to be doing it. But it does take a toll mentally, Yes, not everyone, though. I think it just depends what kind of personality you have, and as someone that does have mental health issues, being putting yourself in the public eye can be challenging. But I wouldn't want to do anything else, and I'm lucky to be doing it. Yeah, No compared to a nine to five. No, it's not fucking hard. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Completely. I think people like always just like get way too offended with it because it's like, I'm not saying that my job is the hardest job in the world, but I'm not saying like there's no cons Like with everything, there's going to be a time. Why can't just because my.
Speaker 2: Job might be hard for me doesn't take away from the fact that your job might be hard for you. We can all have like.
Speaker 1: We can all or everyone goes like, oh well if it all fails, Like, what are you going to do in five years?
Speaker 2: I don't fucking know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw this. I think it was either Jess or Renee. They're like the Hogan Twins. She like had a really good response to it. She was like, you're not gonna go ask a guy who's working at the Cultexts where you fill your petrol up, what if you lose your job in five years? What are you going to do that? You're not gonna ask that person. So it's like, why are you asking an influence of that, and like the guy the cultext is probably gonna have shit. He fucking hates his job and his job like staying up at five am is really really hard. But you're not going to go, well, I'm a doctor and you can't complain about your job because my job's harder.
Speaker 2: I think in the scheme of things, No, our job isn't challenging, but I think it can be emotionally and mentally challenging. Yeah, only because any job, and I'm sure anyone listening, even if their jobs are ten times harder than ours, which a lot of yours would be, can understand how hard it would be to have people ripping into your looks and your personality and stuff online regularly. But I do understand we put ourselves in that position. We put that stuff online for people to do that too. So I think there's ups and downs of every job. I wouldn't say ours is harder than most, but it's hard in different ways. Yeah, but we're lucky to have it. On this week's episode, we are doing Roommate Housemate horror stories.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: This is one I've always personally loved listening to. I just think, like I remember, I used to listen to Lucy and Nikki shout out to them do these on their episodes, and they were always just like my favorite one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're always a good We.
Speaker 2: Got hundreds of submissions for this one, guys, so we actually will do another one of these down the line if you guys like her. But let's just get into it. So story one, my friend has incontinents slash bowel issues down there.
Speaker 1: She's sister, you.
Speaker 2: Don't have incontinents, you don't shoot yourself.
Speaker 1: Oh I have the opposite.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah. The continents is like when you can't control your bowel. Yeah yeah, yeah. She's also known for sleepwalking. Anyways, we moved in together and the first night we both slept a treat. Not so much. The second night, though, I was reading my book on my Boukley chair. Bouklay is like, yeah, the wawbreak for those that don't know, like the sheep's kind of on my Buukley chair. At about eleven thirty pm, next minute, my roommate comes in. I can tell she's sleepwalking, and I say, your room's back that way, but she refused to go back to her room and comes towards me and sits on my lap. I don't like this is going?
Speaker 1: Is going?
Speaker 2: I didn't think anything of her about issues while she was on me for about five minutes. Well, yeah, it's not your first instinct. My friend's gonna shit on me. Yeah, but I feel like that's where we're going. I just let her go whilst I continue to read my book while her bony ass was on me. That's a good friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was because you can't wake people up when they're sleeping.
Speaker 2: No, but like I kind of like usher them off and take them back to their room. I wouldn't be like, all right, I'm just going to continue to read, So go you babe. After about five or so minutes, I smell something putrid and then I felt moisture on my pj's Oh my god, I lift me and try waking her up. As she stands, I see she has shouted all over me, thinking I was a fucking toilet.
Speaker 1: That's horrendous.
Speaker 2: I moved out the day after.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Oh my friends with her.
Speaker 2: I need to know, you would be I would move out, though she wouldn't know you want that to happen again.
Speaker 1: No, I wouldn't move out with someone because they shout on me.
Speaker 2: It wasn't a intentional I know, but I would worry that it would occur again.
Speaker 1: I think maybe the second time. I probably would be like.
Speaker 2: Hey, i' no, you've pood on me. I wouldn't allow that to be a second time. I understand this, love ya, but not gonna happen again.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's funny. I'm just like, I just think, because obviously I have housemates I think of like every time, I'm just like putting myself in this situation. Yeah, Like if Lily shadow on me, I wouldn't move out. Yeah, but I turned it into a bit of a meme. Shadow me, bitch, fucking.
Speaker 2: You owe me? You clean the house next year, all right?
Speaker 1: Story number two. When I lived in staff accommodation on a working holiday, I shared a room with another girl. One night, I was preeing at another friend's place to all go to the staff bar and ended up tripping over, slamming my head into the coffee table, and concussing myself. Oh that's horrible. I got carried back to my room and left to sleep. I'm not sure if that was a good idea. I ended up throwing up all over my single bed, and when my friends came back to check on me, they pulled the vomit covered douvet off me and onto the floor. My roumor had a boy at the time who would let himself in and stay in her bed or both of them together. On this night, he'd come over drunk before she got home, passed out in her bed.
Speaker 2: But took my.
Speaker 1: Vomit, Oh no, but took my vomit covered douvet to cuddle up with for the night. Between the concussion for me and the hangover him, the aroma voments spread across the tiny room. It was certainly a hallish mourning for myself, my roommate, and this poor boy now covet in vomit.
Speaker 2: Vomit has such a The smell of vomit is honestly like she is.
Speaker 1: Like the way he would have woken up was because like your senses come to life before you become consciously.
Speaker 2: Over head's probably in agony.
Speaker 1: He would have smelt it, opened up his eyes and realize he's covered in vomit. Well, not your vomit, not his vomit, somebody else's, Like.
Speaker 2: Even if it was my vomit. It's discussing, would you rather someone vomit on your shit?
Speaker 1: On you vomit? Yeah, vomit on hundred percent, because that's only been Like the woo is like digested, it's gone through your body and it's come out the other side. Vomit is like I feel a bit sick. I just need to get something.
Speaker 2: Out of my body, and it's like it honestly does.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it depends what he did. But I think if it's just alcohol.
Speaker 2: It's just like this, she was concussed. This was not alcohol, This was like yeah.
Speaker 1: But she was young as well, so just she just would have been vomiting up alcohol, probably some chicky nuggies that she had. Imagine it being CHUNKYO.
Speaker 2: So this is story Namethian. This one's a long one. We love the long ones, guys. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you guys know, but I can't read long stories because I actually think I have dis sexia.
Speaker 2: So I always take the long easy.
Speaker 1: It has to take the long one. So I just get to sit back and listen because I read out loud.
Speaker 2: I love reading.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't read out loud. So if any of you guys struggle listening to me, really, she's yeah, I struggled to listen to myself read to be honest.
Speaker 2: That's right. I got you girl, all right. So story number three. When I moved to Dallas, I rented a small studio apartment in a quiet building near the cafe where I worked. My neighbor Jason, lived in the unit across the hall. He Jesuson. He was polite, a bit awkward, but friendly enough. He'd say hi in the hallway ask about my day and sometimes offer to carry my groceries. I don't know how old this guy is.
Speaker 1: I'd say he'd be like thirty four.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: At first I thought he was just being kind. He mentioned he worked from home as a graphic designer and didn't get out much, so I forgured he was just lonely. But his interest in my life soon became very obsessive. Oh I love this hit. Jason started showing up at the cafe where I worked. At the beginning, he'd just grab a coffee and sit in the corner with his laptop, But soon he was coming in every day, staying for hours and trying to talk to me, even when I was busy with customers.
Speaker 1: So that'd be freaky even if he was just coming into the cafe. But he also knows where you live.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like Jason freaking me up. Jason's lives in the unit across the hall. Yeah, Jason could knock on your door. Yeah. He always knew my schedule even when it changed, and would comment on it late shift today, Huh, you must be so tired. Fuck that would Yeah, it would piss me off. One night, as I was walking home with my boyfriend and Jason was sitting on the steps outside the building.
Speaker 1: He was waiting for you to come home.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He gave him a long, cold look, but didn't say anything. After that, he started asking me questions about my boyfriend whenever we ran into each other. It was so fucking weird, like is he treating you well? Does he stay over a lot? You could do better? You know that kind of shit. I laughed it off, but Jason's behavior got worse. He began leaving strange gifts at my door, like a single red rose or a book I'd mentioned in a conversation. It's giving you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the fact thing there is where you live. Like I would just say to my boyfriend, you have to stay over tonight? Well every night he lives across the hall. Yeah, fucking and move.
Speaker 2: The turning point came when my boyfriend and told me he'd seen Jason following him. He worked in marketing, and one day Jason showed up at his office pretending to be a prospective client. My boyfriend confronted him, but Jason denied everything, claiming it was just a misunderstanding. That night, I came home to find a note slipped under my door. It said He's not good for you. I see the way he looks at other women. You deserve better?
Speaker 1: Is really giving you it is?
Speaker 2: I was freaked the fuck out, so I called the police, but they said there wasn't much they could do unless Jason directly threatened me. That whole thing fucks with me. It's like you got a talker. But unless they physically like hurt you, we can't do anything. It's like, well, then you were waiting till it gets there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't you want to avoid it?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Jason's obsession escalated. He hacked into my social media accounts, posting cryptic messages to make it look like I was unhappy with my boyfriend. He followed us to restaurants, sitting at nearby tables and glaring at him. One night, as we were leaving the movies, Jason appeared out of nowhere and grabbed my arm. He doesn't love you the way I do. This is a movie. My boyfriend shoved him away, and Jason just ran off. I filed for a restraining order the next day, but Jason was gone by the time the police came to check his apartment. His unit was completely empty, as if he'd never lived there. This is fucking scary, broom. A few weeks later, I moved into a new apartment in a different neighborhood. My boyfriend and I were careful not to post anything online about where we lived. For a while, I felt safe. Jason didn't try and contact me again. Now this is where it gets fucked. It's not already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was about to say, surely we could start that.
Speaker 2: So years later, I had almost forgotten about him. My boyfriend and I had moved on with our lives, even gotten married. Then one evening, while swelling through the news, I saw something that made me sick to my stomach. You ready. Dallas man arrested for stalking and murdering local woman. The article showed a photo of Jason. He had been caught after breaking into the homes of a young woman he'd been stalking for months. According to police, she had reported him several times, with Jason slipped through the cracks until it was too late.
Speaker 1: See this is what we say about the police.
Speaker 2: Like does it have to get to that before anyone does anything. Now he'll be in jail. But imagine if he did it to this girl. That is so fucking scary.
Speaker 1: I hate that that's made me a bit sick.
Speaker 2: Oh girl, I feel like you would have a hard time feeling safe again after something like that.
Speaker 1: Well, you just like put yourself in that situation. You're like, if I wasn't so hyper aware about that, that could have.
Speaker 2: Been me, and if I didn't have maybe my boyfriend or yeah, wow, that would have made me feel sick.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry that happened to you. Story number four. I used to live with a gay couple, one very extraverted one and one introverted. They'd been together for ten years and we're in an open relationship. Oh my god, leaving with him would have been a fucking field day. Like you're in an open relationship, like he's gonna come over tonight, and you just would have been like if you are, yeah, just been like I'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: To my room, just like almost having single people. But they also happened to do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the extroverted one would daily have straight guys come around who were married, had families, and would do sexual favors for them for money. Oh as in so the extroverted one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, as he was he's like sucking straight guys dicks and the straight. Guys are paying him for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jesus, Most days without fail, I would have text in the morning saying don't come into a room. I have a guy coming. I'm a chill dude. So I would just go back to sleep and not a guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh that's so fun. We never get guys submission. Thank you so much for here.
Speaker 1: We really appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Look at us. We're trying to open up more. So guys for like they can send us these submissions, so please do. If there's you've warmed our heart, You've made our thank you Merry Christmas. Ha ha, she's giddy.
Speaker 1: Be weirds. We have all the interactions with men recently.
Speaker 2: Look at this.
Speaker 1: So I would just go back to sleep to then be awoken by my flatmates standing above me trying to wipe another man's semen on me what his face and clothes would be covered in Colm and he's.
Speaker 2: Like going, ha ha, let me wipe this. Come on, you look at this. That's disgusting.
Speaker 1: He had a bath towel with a hole in the middle and nailed to the door and had it nailed to the door frame, so he would film it all and try to show me. My boss at work found out that I went through this most days and it was not said it was not okay to live like that. So I moved out a week later and moved into my boss's spare room for a while until I found a new apartment.
Speaker 2: That is actually so lovely of the boss to be like, yeah, mate, like you can't live like that, Like that's a movement with me, and it's not because if they're feeling unsafe, especially like look someone having someone try and rub someone else that's FEMA on you is like sexual assault.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's a violation.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure, a violation. Very muggy. What is it? What's up?
Speaker 1: That's like a violation, that's very muggy.
Speaker 2: But I'm not gonna let you take me for a mug nor we no week that's disgusting, but welcome.
Speaker 1: Like I always like, I have never had a guy over to our place when Lily and Ellie there, I just couldn't do it. I literally couldn't do it. It's like my parents are home, especially when Bailey's there, Lily's boyfriend, I'm like, hell no, like you're meeting my mom and dad like that. He's not a thing.
Speaker 2: So sorry, don't know how about it's going to be for me. I live. I'm about to move in with my sister. Yeah, what the fuck am I going to do? But your sister's chill?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: But she so Riley obviously has a boyfriend. No, that's not obviously, but she does have a boyfriend. Our rooms are stuck on top of each other. I'm like, am I just never gonna have a guy over for them? It's even better sharing a wall, sharing a roof.
Speaker 1: Nah, you're fine, you're chill, and its carpets, You're fine.
Speaker 2: I just it's even like it's even just like the the noise of like talking and stuff. I just thought, family member, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you think you're like you could hear it, but you don't. You don't. I'm not gonna leak other people's business on my podcast, but I don't hear my house.
Speaker 2: I just feel like it's like.
Speaker 1: Like Lily is Bailey, like play movies and I don't even hear it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. My sister has some super sonic herring though, so as in like she's very she always picks up talking, get up the man, turn the TV down. It's gonna be really fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good luck, yeah, just like carty boy. And it's also like you might have to meet my but.
Speaker 2: It's like, I think everyone has roommates, so it's more common than not for people to have roommates, or like it's like better than having your fucking parents there at least, you know, I could never do that, all right. Story number five moved in with my godfather who's sixty two and his twenty four year old boyfriend, who was a meth addict, unemployed and has borderline personality disorder perfect. He would get into rages and scream in the middle of the night and punch walls. When my boyfriend first started saying over, he'd wake up to the screaming. And when we would have sex, the twenty four year old boyfriend, so the godfather's drugged it to boyfriend would listen while walking to the balcony and then give me feedback saying, sounds have become more alpha. Oh my god. He once also slammed his cockring used cock ring on the kitchen table in a rage, right next to my ring. It's like a pocket. No, it like goes around like your decking vibrates or something. I don't know, is that correct? Okay? Okay. He slammed the used cockering on the kitchen table in a rage, right next to my plate while I was eating breakfast delicious extra flavor. That's disgusting, salty, eh, I'd be moving out.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 1: So picture this twenty year old me at the time, living my best life with a twenty nine year old housemate. We both had dogs, we were single. Started off as a dream scenario. I met her on Facebook when she was renting your room and things were smooth sailing at first. Expensive rent, sure, but worth it for peace and quiet. Also, I thought fast forward a few months suddenly this woman decides her life is an episode of Skins Parties until three am, random kick ons, strangers everywhere. The first couple of times I was like, okay, I'll let her live. But by the third time, at two am, I texted something super polite like, hey, sorry to bother, but can you maybe not ruin my life tonight?
Speaker 2: Spoiler? She did care you maybe not ruin my life tonight.
Speaker 1: That's fert It is, especially when you're like living it with people, like you have to be considerate of other people, like you can't come storming home and like fucking life's a bunch of kick ons.
Speaker 2: I feel like kick ons. Unless everyone in the house is present and willing and wanting that kick ons to happen, you can't do it. Like, yeah, I will never have kick ons at my new apartment because me and my sister are both so fucking anxious and fucked that we like want to keep that space a place. You don't want to have that place your apartment and be the scene of the crime. Do you know what I mean? If you stay up to like four am with a bunch of people drinking around, even once it's cleaned up, you want to go sit and watch TV on the couts, You're like, like, I had kick on t you last side, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And like I'm because I lived alone and I'm like one of the first friends from school that started the year when I first became single, I had kick ons a few times at my house and.
Speaker 2: I hated it. I hated it.
Speaker 1: I'll never do it again.
Speaker 2: It just ruins the whole vibe of the space. But even though it's like, if you're not a willing partic spending kick ons and have housemates bringing a bunch of people over, it's incredibly fucking annoying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, completely. Then came to her thirtieth birthday party. I thought, you know what, I'll take my dog and crash out a guy I was seeing at the time to avoid the chaos. Great plan, right wrong. I came back the next day with the guy and walked into what I can describe only as a crime scene. My bedroom door wide open. See that is annoying. Do whatever you want, but my room is my room. Don't go into my room. Don't let people go into my room like I've once had kick ons, And I said, like, whatever you do, do not go into the second room. That's my housemates room. Don't like that's hers. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The also issue was like that is it's like that thirty old might be like, oh, you can just crash in my roommate's room, like yeah, oh my fucking god.
Speaker 1: No, well no, and human shit on my bath mat. I stood there frozen, like this can't be real life. The guy was equally horrified. He's advice to pack your stuff and run, and you bet I did. I told her how unbelievably disrespectful she was and let that circus asap. But seriously, a human shit on my bath mate. Some people should not be able to live outside a zoo. Lessons learn always vet your housemaids or better live alone.
Speaker 2: I think it would actually be really challenging to vet a random house. How do you know that that's not going to that's not going to be line like.
Speaker 1: My hat goes off to people who like find a room off like Ferry Flass, I couldn't do it because it's like I'm living with a stranger low Ki.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think some people need to like that's the only option, so like go them. Yeah, I like, seriously prayers out to all of you that you get a goody yeah.
Speaker 1: Because you don't know, like some like the first couple of months of when you live with people, like it's a honeymoon phase and then that just wears off and then they're real color show. It's like being in a relationship, So seriously, having housemates is like being in a relationship with them.
Speaker 2: Number seven. Firstly, Jador the Pod Thanks my Wildest Housemates. Sorry to date. To set the scene, I used to live with my ex boyfriend and his best friend let's call him Todd. My boyfriend at the time worked in FIFO five O five O.
Speaker 1: What is that it's like when you go work on the mines and stuff. You work it like two weeks at a time, and then they fly you out and then you can go back home. You go to Bali. You're like working in mining.
Speaker 2: Oh in like interesting?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You get paid a lot?
Speaker 2: Is that it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So he wasn't always home. Sometimes, while my boyfriend was away, I would go back home and stay one week I did this, but popped over to their house to pick some things up. I had left my key there, so I messaged Todd that I would be there in five minutes and to make sure he was home. When I got there, I went through the side door, which opened into the lund room. This was normal, as we don't really use the front door. To my shock, Todd was on the couch, fully naked, tugging away. Do that in your bedroom, that's what Well, he thought he was home alone. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter he was home alone. He thought he had his other people live.
Speaker 2: In that house. You're defending Todd.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm just defending Todd because he's allowed to wank in his fucking living room if he thinks he's home alone. Not saying that I'd.
Speaker 2: Do that, but I'm just saying Sam has been caught one in a living room before. Okay, Sam, why am I defending a fucking stroke? I know, I'm like chill ow all right. This was strange, as I had told him I would be over shortly. A few months later, my boyfriend broke up with me. I was heartbroken and my ex was pulling me along on a thread and it became very toxic. Todd would occasionally message me to check in. I was in a dark place by this point, so as a revenge on my ex, I ended up going home with Todd after a night out. Oh but I was blind. He was sober. We slept together. My ex is away, so he wasn't home the next day. I felt extremely guilty, and we agreed this would have to go to the grave with us, as it would ruin his whole friendship group.
Speaker 1: Stuff never goes to the grave.
Speaker 2: Babe, they're still best friends and live together, but no one knows about us. Cheers. I love how the naked part that we argue about for like five minutes is totally irrelevant to the Actually.
Speaker 1: Fuck see, I think it's gonna come out one day.
Speaker 2: Don't tell her that. I think. Look everything that like my previous friendship group. Everyone like fucking fucked everyone over. Everything has come out in the following years, but then again, it's like, do we know that there are things that are still secret?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Probably Yeah, something only came out like a couple months ago. Yeah, fucking loyalty brother. Honestly, it's crazy how people do that sort of stuff all the time. It's so common. Yeah. Number eight the final story. My boyfriend stayed over after a night out and my roommate, who is also my best friend, had a guy come over who's she'd been talking to for a bit, but this was their first time actually meeting. I had noticed a weird vibe from this guy, but where polar opposites in our taste in partners, so I just chalked it down to him just not being my cup of tea. Later that night, my boyfriend and I were doing the horizontal hokey pokey such like a child thing, it's so cute, and I noticed the door was cracked open slightly, where I could have sworn it was definitely closed. I decided to just believe the door hadn't closed properly and ignored it. It wasn't dula. I hed my best friend screaming, what the fuck are you doing that? We now realized the guy she had brought home was watching my boyfriend and I through the cracked open door. That's weird, that's disgusting, that's invasive. The guy had legged it out the front door with his pants partially down yuck, and my boyfriend chasing him out covered in a fluffy throw blanket. Turns out this guy had been making really weird comments about me all night and even complimented my ass to my best friend, then joked about having a threesome while she's still amitted him over. I'll never know. I feel sick to this day not knowing how long this random guy had been watching. I pray he hadn't recorded anything. My best friend and it has to have any men who come over vetted by myself, because we can obviously not trust her taste in men. Side note, my boyfriend blamed it on the dress I was wearing that night, and this was the start of the end of that relationship.
Speaker 1: Oh well, fucking first, Yeah, the fact that he had his pants down, Yeah, he would have been watching for enough time to get his pants down, and he was jack tug.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's disgusting boys men who So that was your roommate horror stories. I love doing these ones because you never know what you're going to fucking get bad.
Speaker 3: We have those fucking experiences like your house is meant to be your safe space, and you're just like seeing this guy in an open relationship and I having come on you and being shut on, like I'm shit on your human bathrobe, Like it's horrible.
Speaker 2: It is horrible. So I'm sorry that we're laughing about it.
Speaker 1: But I am glad that you convent to us and we can cheek and.
Speaker 2: Most of these situations are over now. I'm glad to hear it. But we're going to do a part two of this down the line, because yeah, it's honestly one of my favorites. But thank you guys for listening, and we will chat to you on Thursday. Bye bye,