Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadical Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining us.
Speaker 3: Today, Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. So you were saying in the main episode that you got a DM or something from someone, and then we never actually got around to it.
Speaker 2: So do you want to read it out now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well, I don't know if it's worth chatting about, but I'll just fucking.
Speaker 2: We'll read it out first.
Speaker 1: You all decide someone just DMed me out of nowhere and they're referring to our model casting just randomly. I'm a little behind. Did you put the call out for a plus size model and a skinny model or is it just one size overall? Do you have any skinny models as well? I've noticed you have more plus sized girls than skinny girls. Did any skinny girls even get a look or were you always looking for a big girl? I know you're a brand goes out to big people, so why don't you call your brand something like big, plus woman and smaller?
Speaker 2: The fuck is going on and what time is this coming through? A fucking on.
Speaker 1: And said, have you even looked at the Fate Instagram page or website? Like there is there is smaller girls on like our socials in our reels. Are you fucking serious? And she said yeah, but I feel it's more for bigger girls.
Speaker 2: Okay, people fuck And this is the.
Speaker 1: Thing that shits me to tears.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I think I've probably spoken about this before on high scrollers, but like, fat phobia is so deeply riddled in society and in people's minds that they don't even realize it. Because I think a lot of people, let's say, if there's there are girls that are size six and size eight who have just been small their whole life, they would look at brands like Fate and have that mentality of, oh, that's for bigger girls, so like I'm not going to buy from there.
Speaker 3: Which actually isn't them thinking it's for bigger girls. It's going I don't want to be seen wearing the same pair of jeans as.
Speaker 1: Literally, And I think there would be so many and I get it to an extent people that have been small their whole life and have never been excluded from fashion, never been picked on, like for the way they look. They don't know what it's like to have that lived experience of like just being excluded from fashion.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: But I just find it so fucking dumb when, like I know for a fact people would be like, I'm not shopping there because like they do all those bigger sizes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just disgusting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which also I hope you don't mind me saying this, but you can't. You had already had your winter picked, but you showed me who you know, the top like ten were we had all it was all shapes and sizes and ethnicities and background abilities and everything. And I lack not being rude to you, because but I was like actually impressed with the diversity that you had in your lineup of the top ten girls. And not to say that I didn't expect that from you. I hope that's coming across the right way. But I was like, oh, wow, like this is kind of a fucking slay ye, Like it.
Speaker 1: Was sizes six to twenty six. We had all shapes and sizes on the casting days, yep. And this girl saying like it's just all for big girls. Why don't you call your brand something different, which go scroll on the Fate website and Instagram, there is all different shapes and sizes.
Speaker 3: I still don't know how anyone could mix up the word fate with fat because remember we've spoken about that on the podcast before. How some people thought that you pronounced Fate fat.
Speaker 1: But I think it's because it's like deeply riddled in them that we do bigger sizes, so they're like, oh, it must be called fat the label.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, I've never understood like how you read fate and read as fat because there's a y in there. Yeah, Like if it's m a yt, you wouldn't say matt mate mate. Yeah, if it's d a yt you wouldn't say dat, you'd say date.
Speaker 2: So like why, yeah, I don't know anyway. Yeah, people are weird. That is a weird. DM Glad we discussed that.
Speaker 1: What I'm doing right now because this person obviously hasn't bothered to take like five seconds to scroll on the Fade Instagram. I'm just scrolling through our Instagram right now and dming her every rear of someone that's like a smaller size, to be like, have you even fucking looked?
Speaker 3: I have two things to ask the audience today. Actually again, we'll put this in our broadcast channel or comment on this episode if you can. If you're listening on Spotify, I don't know if you can do it on Apple, but on Spotify you can comment on the episode. I want to know two things. First of all, your clothes that have hanger straps, do you use the hanger straps at home?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, I fucking hate a hang a strap.
Speaker 1: So we don't barely have any hanger straps. The only time we'll put them on an item is if it needs it, for example, like but sometimes we still don't. But like, if you've got a one shoulder top, you generally put a hanger strap on the other side so that you can put the one shoulder up on the hangar and then the string. Yeah, so the top it can actually hang, but we just flip them upside down and clip them that way with a cliphanger.
Speaker 2: Nice, that's fun. I hate to hang a strap.
Speaker 3: The other thing that I thought about the other day, especially given that we're going on a holiday, is the fact that you know, when you're staying at specifically a resort, like I feel like it's got to have a pool and stuff, but you know how people like will put a towel down to reserve their spot at the pool at like six o'clock.
Speaker 2: In the morning.
Speaker 3: And I've seen tiktoks and stuff of people like doing the walk at six o'clock in the morning when the pool opens, and like it's like forty white women walking to the pool and the pool and putting a towel down. I will genuinely walk up and just take your spot. How do you remember which one?
Speaker 2: It is? All that's there is a towel And also fuck off.
Speaker 1: I don't like I like when hotels are really strict on that and they've got like a ten minute or fifteen minute thing, like if you go and put your stuff down and you're not back within ten to fifteen minutes, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think anyone should be allowed to be putting their towels down full stop. Like I feel like, if you're gonna put a tout, you've got to sit there right then and there. You can't go put it down and then go to breakfast. If I get there, I'm moving your towel or I'm using your towel, and what genuinely, what are you going to do? Come up and say you stole my spot. I'm going to go and yeah, sometimes I just clock in and I go, I've got free will.
Speaker 2: What are you going to do? Fight me in a five star resort security? Yeah, kick the crazy bit, Jarp, you know what I mean. Like, I've got free will, I can do whatever i'd like.
Speaker 1: Actually, yep, I'm right there with you, and I.
Speaker 3: Guess so could they. And that's why they're putting a towel down. But I'm putting my you're putting your towel down. I'm putting my foot down and saying absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Something else Randa might have thought of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a mixed bag today.
Speaker 1: Okay. Something I did on the way to the podcast this morning. Every Monday, everyone in Melbourne, everyone. Every morning. When I drive to Sydney on a Monday, I stop at the Twin Servos and get my big can of fe This morning, I was feeling a little bit hungry but didn't know what I felt like, and so I bought a banana. I don't think I've ever bought a piece of fruit from the surfo and I took it to the counter like usually, everything's got a barcode, Like you do, you give it to the I just was like handing it ana over the counter to the servo guy.
Speaker 2: I wonder how popular fruit at the servo is.
Speaker 1: Well, I've never bought anyone life and it felt wrong, Yeah, because it was like a piece of fresh fruit. It's not like it's got a barcode and he's scanning it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then I was like carrying it out and I felt like even though they weren't, but it looks wrong to be having a banana at the servo.
Speaker 3: It's like when I go to uh, you know, Red Rooster or something and I'll be like they'll be like, what drink and I'll be like, oh, just the water, And I'm like, why the fuck if I've wasted my fast food moment on a water you know what I mean, I've feel what a waste? You know. It's funny though, is do you buy fruit when you do the grocery so like all the time? Like, do you buy bananas all the time?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I only bought bananas for the first time in so long.
Speaker 3: I love bananas so long TM I TMI trigger warning talking about poo. But I because when I got my gol blatt around, I had to talk to the doctor and I said what can I have? And she was like, oh, just take it easy and have this and that and everything. And I knew I had some bananas at home, and I was like, can I have bananas? And she's like, well, because of the painkillers, you might have some constipation, so we don't advise you to have bananas because they can actually make the constipation worse.
Speaker 1: Bananas have fiber.
Speaker 2: This is just what she told.
Speaker 3: Me, okay, And so basically, oh shit, what's happened on the bridge? Look, this's bed a car crash on the bridge or something from that day? There was a big fire out there. Yeah, flashing lights looks like a police car and they're diverting traffic. Shit, I hope everyone's alright. Sorry, getting distracted by the flashing lights out the window here at the studio.
Speaker 2: What was I saying? Bananas? Constipation? That's right.
Speaker 1: I thought bananas would make his shit?
Speaker 3: Well, I hope not just because I thought, well, I get some bananas, because I actually like some constipation at the moment, because don't know what's going on with my stomach at the moment.
Speaker 2: Might might just be the the amount.
Speaker 3: Of stress I'm under. Well, I've got the runs constantly, so I'm just trying. Yeah, I don't know why I just said that on a podcast to tens of thousands of people. Anyway, it is close friends. What happens in close friends days in close friends. But I did have some gastro Stop. Actually, Sky gave me some gastro Stop. Found something in the cupboard that did help.
Speaker 2: That did help.
Speaker 3: We've gastro Stop wants to sponsor the show. I can tell you right here, right now. Gastro Stop fucking works because I went, well, that's a godsend. But I haven't had gastro in news touch Wood. I don't want it either. I'm just talking shit literally, because Brittany's sitting there on her phone scrolling or something. I think she's over it because we're doing double records and your poor fucking brain switched off.
Speaker 2: You're done being business this morning.
Speaker 3: Wait, what what's happened?
Speaker 2: What's happened? What's happened? Hey, Hannah, there's been an issue with your Fox pro. Full of hours have not been recorded.
Speaker 3: What do you mean the podcasting folder was full and so it didn't record. I'll send rec around if we have to.
Speaker 2: We can't do it today.
Speaker 3: And she's going to China, and they were fucking good episodes, Like, I don't think we could recreate that Jesus chat, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: That was brilliant, good news. Why your dogs? Thank God, Jesus. What's funny?
Speaker 1: At the start, we were like, this is another and then you're like, no, well, we just got fucking pranked again.
Speaker 2: Comes out in two months.
Speaker 1: At this stage, okay, if you saw the April Falls prank, we literally just got prank kinda just told us that the last hour plus was gone.
Speaker 3: It was the first thing I've said is thank god the diarrhea chat doesn't need to go out to the audience.
Speaker 2: But now you've heard that loud in then HD.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Brittany flies to China tonight, I'm going to America. So we literally have no other chance to pre record or film anything. So we just looked at each other and went.
Speaker 2: Fucking I don't care. At that point, I went, I love your scrollers, but you can fucking miss out.
Speaker 1: Because laying down on my phone. Sorry, that wasn't a very dramatic reaction for me either of us.
Speaker 3: The moment it happened, we both let she went, this is a prank. After the last one of me thinking I was going to lose my career. I don't think any I don't think I'm letting anything slip now, Surrey.
Speaker 1: No, it was good. But I feel like ever since that huge prank when we hit a million downloads, like we're always going to be expecting it to be a prank now, but I wasn't expecting April Fools.
Speaker 3: So there you go. I forgot all about April Fools, and now I think it's almost May when by the time you're listening to this, So anyway, scroller, sorry for.
Speaker 2: The note context.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll piss yourself, then piss yourself. See you next Tuesday.