Speaker 1: Welcome to person number one podcast.
Speaker 2: You're listening to The Jamo and Dylan Show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we're on the way that dance bra little Man trip before.
Speaker 4: Gooday, guys, and welcome back to another episode of The Jammo and Dylan Show. Thank you for your patience. You've been very good throughout this process.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, we haven't filmed in a while. No, we haven't done some audio episodes, but this is the first time we've filmed an EPP in a month two months, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, and will be one of the last times.
Speaker 2: It will be the second last episode. All good things come to an end, unfortunately.
Speaker 4: So obviously you can tell by the title that we will be wrapping up the show, an ultimate episode obviously, like there was a part of us that wanted to go on forever. But yeah, all good things come to an end.
Speaker 2: And look, we don't know what the future holds. Yeah we don't know what's happening in five ten years, but for the time being, a conclusions here indeed, So not this week, No, in two weeks time for the final leap, we'll go through it all.
Speaker 4: So this will be the penultimate episode, the second to last.
Speaker 2: This is just going to explain why. You know, we want the last episode to be happy, to be reminiscent, that's not going to have details of why it's happening. Yeah, that's what we're doing for this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so this episode will just be explaining why it's all ending, and also another few things too that will prop it in because obviously you guys just love us chit chatting, and yeah.
Speaker 1: It's sad times.
Speaker 4: Styl and I are both sad about this for sure, the ending of it. And like I said, like there's a part of me that thought this could happen one day, and then there's also another part that.
Speaker 1: Was thinking we might go on forever and ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah we could be doing this eighties, I know what you mean.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, it's been tough.
Speaker 4: Like we've known about this for a couple of months now, so it's been very hard to keep it under wraps. And like throughout the whole journey, we've told you guys nearly everything, like we probably told you ninety five percent of it life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've let you in.
Speaker 4: Yes, there's been ups, there's been downs, Like it's been a lot of series losses, victory, there's been it's been an incredible journey and like we've grown and done so many things, and you've bro you've genuinely watched us grow up on camera, like we were just little boys when we started.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: And like we've said this before, there's episodes that we will watch back and we'll cringe and you think, gee, I don't even believe that now, or like I'm not the same person. It genuinely feels like a different person.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there's nothing wrong with that. It's not going to read the growth along the way.
Speaker 4: So yeah, Like I took a moment a few days ago to go back through and just look at like how we started episodes back in the day, just like weak and cringey and like no confidence in ourselves. And yeah, we've grown so much throughout this process and it's going to be sad to end, but onto bigger things.
Speaker 1: Who knows if they'll be better?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we don't know that yet.
Speaker 4: We're going to be doing it happens, So yeah, like I've mentioned, we're sad. You might hear in our voice a bit. You know, it's been an emotional period for us and you might have seen us been weaning off the episodes to make this break a bit easier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I want to thank all of you guys. Firstly.
Speaker 4: I'll do a bigger thank you towards the end. But yeah, but a journey it's been. It's been incredible, mate.
Speaker 2: From I think our first one got like eight hundred views, our first party ever, and.
Speaker 1: Then I reckon it cracked.
Speaker 2: Then it dropped over that Christmas period and we're only getting one two hundred views. Yeah, and then before you know what, TikTok comes along and just bang.
Speaker 4: So all of this stuff will save a lot of the journey of Jamal and Dylan for next episode.
Speaker 1: We don't want you guys to.
Speaker 4: Watch this and not watch the last one, right, that's one of our fears. Yeah, we want you guys, whether you've listened to two episodes or two two hundred and eighty episodes, we want you guys to be a part of the last episode and go through the journey with us, because we're going to I was thinking about it today. I remember for our hundredth episode, my Auntie made that book for it. I remember, I've still got.
Speaker 1: I'm going to bring it down. We can read through the book, look at.
Speaker 2: The guests we had on and it's to eighty not out.
Speaker 1: It's too eighty not out.
Speaker 2: We're tiring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean. Tiring hurts. Yeah, just broaken a couple of toes and can't be to the meantime.
Speaker 2: But to eighty not out Yeah, great strike rate.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. So No, we've we've done very well.
Speaker 4: It's been we've been going since October twenty nineteen with the podcast, so it's been about six years. Very long journey. Yeah, over half a decade. Yeah, so oh wow, it's been incredible. But yeah, there are like a few different factors as to why it was ending. I'll let you take it away. Deal just with your thoughts and your feelings behind it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, when we it was a few months ago, I think we could both feel it was coming to an end in a way. Yeah, And I think from my end, it's more I've probably, as I said to you when we were talking about it, I think I've stayed in it longer than I would have just for the facts of our friendship. So because it is fun, You're doing things with your best mate, You're getting to hang out, it's exciting. So I think that aspect kept me in it longer than I would have Yeah, just for the fact if you don't want to let your friend down, you know, you want to be consistent. You started something together, and would you say so we were consistent. We were and like always wanted to be consistent.
Speaker 4: The fact it was like a weekly thing that we can always catch up. And I've said this for it felt like therapy almost.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I know, you're mean, if you had.
Speaker 4: Stuff going on in life, which we both have over the years, you can chat, you could come and not even necessarily talk about.
Speaker 1: That, Yeah, but just have a release.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as much as an entertainment.
Speaker 1: Show, it was also a release for us.
Speaker 4: It's a bit of therapy, you say, for you personally, like a bit of the passion that was once there started to die off.
Speaker 2: I don't know about I still enjoy this aspect of it, like the podcasting side. I like doing the ads, the brand deals. I think it's more just the like social media influencery side that I'm not. I've tried my best to develop it, but it's just not for me. My passion doesn't lie there. And yeah, I just felt what more can you do? You know what I mean? It feels like I feel like we were almost with the potty. We were on something too early in a way, you know, we were like one of the first to do it, and it was this big thing early on. We were getting so many views and it was like we didn't really have anyone to guide us early when we were like smashing it.
Speaker 4: We didn't know how to handle it when we had the influx of all and it was.
Speaker 2: So new in and in Australia itself that like agencies and things didn't really know what to do with it either. To be honest, at that stage in twenty nineteen twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: You guys wouldn't know as much about this.
Speaker 4: But the agency side of things is interesting because we joined agencies that went bankrupt yes earlier. We made decisions that we thought might have been right at the time and felt right. And one of the agencies a lot of other people who were really successful and booming during that time, joint YEP failed and then you're just left in You.
Speaker 2: Just don't have any guidance and it's one of those you know. It's also the fact, I think with TikTok in Australia, you don't get paid just off the views. You know, we've gone through it before, if we were in America throughout this time period, the money we would have made would have been significant. Yeah, lot from that aspect of it alone.
Speaker 4: The other thing as well, So financially we have been funding. We've been putting a lot of our own money into this show for a long time. So like from the equipment, we haven't been given anything. No, really, Like there's been brand deals that we've worked for. Some brand deals you get paid quite well, yes, and then some you're.
Speaker 1: Doing a lot of work for not much.
Speaker 2: And it's very like it comes and goes in waves. Yeah, so we it's very periodic. The money. It's lump sums.
Speaker 4: We might have three months of decent pay and then you might have no brand deals for a couple of months. And at the age we are now, like yes, you know, deal with twenty six, I'm twenty five, you kind of need to look at it as like like it's been a great hobby, where's the next step we elevate it? So, you know, me like four, since I was twelve, I've been making videos even younger, but I was putting them out to YouTube and stuff.
Speaker 1: And we kind of spoke about this like it was it started off as.
Speaker 4: A YouTube channel that I had and then like you're a funny, funny bloke man, thank you BD. So in school, I remember I was trying to convince dial to like ye on my YouTube videws or bro, like you'd be good on the podcast, like And I actually tried to start a podcast before we.
Speaker 2: Try to do a podcast, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I had one called Jamo and Friends yep, similar to Dylan Friends over in Victoria, but they started around the same time. And I just had like a couple of mates on to chat. I had Dalton on.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 4: I only did like one or two, maybe two or three episodes and then.
Speaker 1: Packed that in.
Speaker 4: It was kind of just getting a feel for the podcast world because it was something that was so new and not.
Speaker 2: Very people who had explored it, not in person, not in w WA, not in Australia.
Speaker 4: So I wanted to do something like that and like I thought of everyone in the world, and no one was better than you.
Speaker 1: Yep. So I asked you and it.
Speaker 4: Took a little bit of convincing yes, because we tried, tried about a year before.
Speaker 2: And we did one or two EPs maybe and then it just happened.
Speaker 4: Like you said, you're not that way in line to putting yourself out there for the whole world to see.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I've been proud of you.
Speaker 4: Thank you, because like it's always felt like it was my dream to start with Yes, and then it became our dream one after one, after a decent period of us, you know, putting out episodes, and when we started to gain a bit of traction, especially with TikTok, we looked at each other like, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Hang on, there's something here.
Speaker 2: It's exciting. It's like opportunities come your way. You're getting to meet people, You're in situations you'd never been, and.
Speaker 4: We were doing things where we were like, hang on, this is way better than what we would be doing at a normal job.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So then no doubt about it.
Speaker 4: Get that thought in your head of gee, if we really push ourselves and work hard and try our best to make this a thing, then who knows where you could be Yep. So through doing that, like there was like you guys wouldn't see it, but there was days where we were starting at eight am and deal was leaving it for five six just doing heat. We were working through merch drops like that's we'd never had any help a part of asking a couple of questions to people. Never had any help with merch drops with the podcast has been us the entire.
Speaker 2: Time, figuring it all out on the go, the editing, I.
Speaker 4: Do it, deal does it. And we have a couple of other people. Dan Hickey shout out to him. I'll give him a big wrap in the final episode. Oh what a feller bro. We've had Mo Tamney over east who's done some thumbnails. We've had paren Kerno he's done yep. Like We've had people along the way who've really helped us. And I think it's really important that the listeners who might not know who they are, like get to know them and understand what they've done and helped us with.
Speaker 1: But yeah, back on track to wide or ended.
Speaker 4: So yeah, basically, there was just one day where we both kind of felt like we were drifting, not in a friendship way.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's not to do people. It's not to do with our friendship isn't effective in any way, shape or form. There's no there's nothing see us hanging out for the rest of the year. We've got big plans.
Speaker 1: Because quite often that that's what's happening.
Speaker 4: Happen and then there's a breakdown and at all here luckily that our friendship's been so strongly.
Speaker 2: Yes, no business, that's what's carried it through because to be honest, so many shows that I've listened to or watched and you know, they've fallen apart and then the friendship falls apart and there's a.
Speaker 4: Whole and it maybe it also helped it because there wasn't that much money involved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that wasn't a fact.
Speaker 2: But also we were friends before it. Yeah, I feel like a lot of social media they become friends because so then not to say those are not authentic friendships, because some of them.
Speaker 1: Are, but we already had the foundation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna you know, it's it's going to crack if your friendship's based on things like that.
Speaker 4: So yeah, like we said, started off as almost like a passion project and then just blossomed into something beautiful which gave us memories and we'll speak on.
Speaker 2: The memories will go through next step. But there's been some crazy Yeah, we don't want to touch on situations you've never ever been in normal life, man.
Speaker 4: And it's given us friendships with people, oh for sure, and whether they're what you'd call like a micro friendship, like people that you can just ask things or like catch up with them here and then, or then people that you've genuinely become mates with across the journey. And there's also been other people like Fraser King, like he's helped us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there's people that you meet.
Speaker 1: That help you.
Speaker 4: AFL girl won't say her name because of what you know, did an order to try and get us in something the memory. Yeah, so like we've got all these stories, will tell next week.
Speaker 1: But yeah, essentially we both felt like it was.
Speaker 4: Starting not to like rot away that sounds morbid, but like it just was sty fade away.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So then and there was a few things, like you said, because you're not that much on the social media, like you're not inclined to be posting that type of stuff. It was kind of this thing with me where I really wanted us to just be like all chips in and try and go for it. Yeah, but I knew that there was something within the shield that just isn't there, and sometimes if it's not there, it's not there, not there, and.
Speaker 2: You tried your best. Like that's what I'm happy about. Yeah, Yeah, that's why I'm happy. We gave it like a real consistent Like we were consistent for like five years every week.
Speaker 4: Bro, And I know, like there was times where we'd film a video and you were like a bit reluctant and then you pushed through. Sometimes they'd bang and then we'd get like things from that.
Speaker 2: The videos that bang are the ones you don't expect to at all. Yeah, That's what I've found throughout this.
Speaker 4: Then one of the toughest things we ever did, which I'm proud of both of us for doing it, was the live show. So yes, we went over each we did a live show both like anxious, scary, felt like weird, and we did it and some of you guys loved it, and that was something where we had opportunities to continue to do. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we have to respect each other's boundaries.
Speaker 4: So like, although I really struggled during the experience, and I struggled on stage, to be quite honest.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I know it was tough though, No, no, no, Like we were good and we were even told by like professional comedians who we're friends, who said festivals, like they don't do festivals, yeah, because they're just' said like even I don't do a mate like that. They were like, that's a really tough first.
Speaker 4: First thing to do live yeah, and like I said, like, we respect each other's opinions and whatnot. So it's something that deal didn't really want to do again, and that's fine, but it also could stunt the growth. So I know that you wanted to do the podcast because you enjoyed that, but some of the other things that aren't as glamorous or like Ana's in line with you, you didn't want to do and that's fine. So yeah, I just I sent youll a message and I thought about it for a couple of days, and I was just thinking, if we really because this takes a lot of our time as well, So it really does like if we don't have as much time because you know, we're having to work to keep things afloat, if we don't have as much time and we don't have the money to pay people to help us, like a lot of people gets tough.
Speaker 1: Bro. A lot of people see.
Speaker 4: Us on TikTok and Instagram and just assume that because we have lots of followers, make a lot of money.
Speaker 2: I think it's a common myth within the industry. There is there's a lot of people making a lot of money, for sure, but there's a lot of people not making as much money as you would think at all.
Speaker 1: Bottom feeders b for sure. You do a lot of work for not much reward.
Speaker 4: And I hear a lot about it in the comedy space, where there's stand up comedians who do twenty five years and they're just staying afloat the entire time.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: So yeah, like I'm not ashamed of ending at all, because some people would be like, ohh, I knew they'd end one day, they'd end.
Speaker 2: Everythink comes to an end, exactly. But Friends came to an end as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, true, great show, great show. Still talks about that.
Speaker 4: And yeah, so Dylan and I had a chat about it, really open and honest, and that was the main thing was we can be transparent and like, although there was that disconnect for a bit there where you didn't like you knew it was falling apart a bit, yeah, yeah, but you were sticking in it because you knew how much.
Speaker 2: Just to stay consistent, Yeah, just to not let let you down, you know. That's the thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And that's I guess a testament to both of us. I never say die attitude and you're.
Speaker 2: Mum was more just out of loyalty. Yeah, I was just like we're doing this, like yeah, get up and do it like.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, it's tough, but yeah, it's a big move for both of us. And what's next you might be asking A lot of it's unknown. I mean, Deal has been studying in the background, so he's got some goals and stuff.
Speaker 2: See how I go at the end of the year finishing UNI, so see what I can turn that into. And you've got a big move coming up. Which ye, So this I guess has worked its way.
Speaker 1: It's definitely.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So the move itself was something that I guess Grace and I have been considering for a while, Like I love Perth, Perth will always be home. It's always going to be here as well, like Perth isn't going anywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, And I guess with the podcast wrapping up and like I said, guys, we've known this for.
Speaker 1: A little bit longer than you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we've been trying to work through it because there's a lot of hoops to jump through with when you're going to end, Like there's brand deals that we have that we need to complete before the end.
Speaker 2: Date, there's ones that we may still have after, so we've still got.
Speaker 1: To past is ending. We still have a couple, still.
Speaker 2: Be somewhat active on the socials, like we're not going away fully hopefully really active with one of them, which will be unreal, but we'll see how we.
Speaker 1: Go, so you'll still be seeing bits and pieces of us.
Speaker 4: And yeah, one thing I want to stress is that I've been making video since I was so young, and I love the process of doing it, Like sometimes it's tedious, but I like the editing process, like seeing something.
Speaker 2: From nothing, the process.
Speaker 4: And it's something that I want to continue. So please go and follow me because I'm going to keep keep my personal dream alive. So jam o Lennon on you know, Instagram and TikTok. I might even make a personal YouTube why not, So yeah, please follow me on there because when I make this move, I we're making heaps of videos.
Speaker 2: Are you going to drop where you're moving or is that a secret?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll drop it. Everyone will find out soon enough.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Grace and I are going to be moving to Melbourne, so bigger spot for it. Yeah, it's the content creation hub of Australia and Sydney. Yeah, and then also I've got family in Sydney, so they're only one hundred bucks flight aways. And yeah, if something was to happen here, I can just fly back if I don't like it. And I've given it a good crack, and that's the thing. I'm going to give it a good shot. Yeah, you got to because I'll get home sick. I know that I miss my family, I miss my friends. But it'll be a good move for Grace and I think and yeah, graceding chapter. Gracey will be moving over a little bit before me, So we have a brand deal that's potentially going to be happening around November December, and once that's done, then I'll make the move.
Speaker 1: I'll head over.
Speaker 4: But Gracey's sister lives over there and it's her birthday in November, so she wants to be there for that's fair. And she also just wants to get over there for summer. Yeah, because Melbourne summer would be good. Oh yeah, a winter I'm scared of. But also our winter's been.
Speaker 2: Just as bad, so our wins has been horrific this year.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I've got that big move happening. So if any of you guys are based in Melbourne. I'll live in Melbourne if you have any jobs going, because you've got to be transparent about that. Yeah, I'm going to need to pay rent while I'm making these videos and stuff. So if you've got any jobs going, or if you just want to catch up, say hi, more than more than happy to.
Speaker 1: But not if you're a fucking freak.
Speaker 4: And we have his We have history on store is from people based in Melbourne through the podcast, and I can easily just do a background check, check your names and if you've been caught up in any dodgy shit, done, You're done, mate, You're done. There's even some some weird love affair like friends mingling that type of stuff.
Speaker 2: There's a few things in Melbourne. Yeah, so big exciting city.
Speaker 4: Big exciting city, and like I said to you and Rog like, it's going to be tough, but it's also gives you boys an excuse to save up and come on a little weekend trip or something.
Speaker 2: F one will have a room. Everything's there a lot.
Speaker 4: So yeah that I'll be making the move at the end of the year. And like we were alluding to before.
Speaker 1: The move was probably going to happen at some stage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this is just fell into play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this has fell into place, and yeah, it feels like the right time to make a move like that. But just to reiterate, Dalan and I are still best mates. There's nothing bad there. So yeah, I also want to ask you guys to please for our final episode. Were going to make it a big episode. It's probably going to be a long one, the last time we do it for the foreseeable future, so we want to have you guys have a big input in the show. So we're not exactly sure how we want it to Obviously, we're going to be going through old stuff that we've done.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: Will we get some of our mates, like old guests on maybe yeah, we.
Speaker 2: Could get them too, like a call in or anything. And the final let will be September first, Monday, Monday, September first, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Off it in your calendar.
Speaker 4: There will be a week off after this episode for you guys to send in these stories and stuff. But yeah, we'll be doing a lot of thanking next week for thanking you guys and thanking our staff basically, which is just a very small team. But yeah, I want you guys to send in your favorite moments from the podcast, your best moments, if there's any funny stories, whether it's from listeners or from us. You know, there's so many hours of us out there. There would be oh my god, it's ridiculous of me, three hundred hours of us talking or something insane. I know that I've got some favorite stories, so we'll work over the next few weeks to bring those to light. And I also want to know when you guys started listening. So if you started from episode one, if it was episode hundred, did you find us through a TikTok at Instagram? And what does the show mean to you? So whether it was you know, something that you would religiously listen to every Monday or Tuesday, whether it was something that you'd listened to on a tractor at work, in bed where you were a bed listener that we used to do, and yeah, I want to know when you started listening and what our show has meant to you, if it's helped you in any.
Speaker 1: Way, if you've hated it, we'll take anything anything, So yeah, would be good.
Speaker 4: And there's something else I was going to say, it's just slipped my mind. Oh yeah, So we do have one more final episode, as we've been saying, and we're also going to do one more final Who's Punching episode because that's been that's been our biggest segment over the years and we need to give back to it in a way because it's done well for us. It's open doors for some brand deals and stuff, even though it's not the most brand friendly thing.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, not a lot of people jumped on board as well. A lot of brands are scared of it, but the brave ones have come through.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they've got good, good results from it, i'd say. And then also thank you to Nova as well. So like we've had a long journey with Nova Nova Entertainment. They have a podcast network and we've met some great people over the years. Some we've even caught up with overseas. We have, and that's the thing. Being in Perth, you're so isolated and separ from our agents or from the rest.
Speaker 2: Of Australia exactly, and the rest of the world, and Australia is isolated in general, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So if you're isolated in an isolated country exactly, man boy, you got Isomodon, Yeah, isolated. So yeah, one final Who's Punching episode? We need to fix our email because we haven't had any submissions come through.
Speaker 1: We've got too much, because we've.
Speaker 2: Got we've had too many three submissions.
Speaker 4: It's been incredible, Like the response that we've got from that positive or negative willbeit like it's been remarkable, And the amount of people that have seen us and what we've done is crazy. And I think the thing for for us, like it started as like a fun thing we do, an excuse to catch up. Then when it started gaining traction, the meaning that came from doing it changed for me, Like it went from something for us right, So like at the time I had knee surgery and it meant a lot for me.
Speaker 2: Too, Yes, in your recovery.
Speaker 4: I remember I like and believe it or not, that was the darkest place I've been in my life was that year when I did my knee. It was a really bad time for me, and the podcast helped a lot and you probably couldn't even see it in the episodes because that was my release.
Speaker 1: That was a happy place. So yeah, just the.
Speaker 4: Podcast means so much to both of us, oh yeah, and always will yeah, and has been like a release and like just something to do. It's hard to put into words.
Speaker 2: Actually, it is in a way because it's such a consistent part of your life for five six years. Yeah, you know, it's a weekly thing.
Speaker 4: We're gonna have to find something to replace it. I'm gonna have to play paddle every day, hit something.
Speaker 2: We're retired at twenty five, bro, we're going to have to start golfing at twenty six like an old man.
Speaker 4: So yeah, onto new things for us. And if you guys have any questions as well, we might answer a couple in the final of course, because obviously you guys to clear things up.
Speaker 1: I feel like we've done a pretty good job of that today.
Speaker 4: And yeah, the last steps, that's just a good time, man, It's going to be a great time. Also, we're doing City to Surf. I think we've mentioned it. It should be good with rog City to Surf on the thirty first of August, so the day before the episode. Sorry, the podcast ends, but we would have filmed it the day before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, city deserves happening. You guys can come and do the run with us if you want, so, that'll be a cool way to wrap things up. Running over the finish line will be a release I reckon and then a big brand deal that might potentially happening. That would be fantastic November December. See us running a place that we love would help me with my move yep, And it would be great finance financially for both of us. We'll see what that looks like and ultimately if it's good, if it's a good deal, good money, then I'll stay and I'll be here a bit longer, but it'll help me.
Speaker 1: With the move. Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaker, he's just been on a euro tear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a tears the perfect way to put it.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: You guys know rog he's been an instrumental.
Speaker 2: Part of the show about ever featuring.
Speaker 4: He said no to coming on the last step, didn't he? Yeah, he couldn't do a five minute stint like.
Speaker 2: I think we could get him for a phone call or he might do a voice message for us, but I don't think he'll feature.
Speaker 1: True, he's a lot more open.
Speaker 2: He's changed a lot. He's a much more fun, better bloke now he's going a lot brook in Germany. Change changed this man's life better anyone else who's been there.
Speaker 1: Gave him a purpose of like have fun, because that's what life's about. Yep. But yeah, Rog's euro tour has been unreal.
Speaker 2: He's been Yeah, Osnarbrook. Rog was something that I could never have thought he would get to.
Speaker 4: I want him to replicate it someone way, even if like on one of these days for the brand deal he wears clogs or something like he really, you know, he really took that place apart October at the races, that'd be cool, that would be good when he's Oktoberfest.
Speaker 2: I've never been to one before.
Speaker 1: I think it's October maybe end of.
Speaker 2: Will it be on when the races are on or early October?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure October.
Speaker 2: Rog's gonna want to go to it this year.
Speaker 1: Remember how Halloween parties were when we were.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, I missed Halloween party. Halloween's not that big of a thing in in Australia and Australia. Langley Park October Fest, October eleventh, Okay, so it's early soon come a couple of months, which is what days are, which is a Saturday.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah yeah, and Rog by chance, like we didn't think that he'd be crossing over with our other friendship group and they bumped into each other last night and Sorrento.
Speaker 2: What are the chances of that?
Speaker 1: Shout out to everyone there. The boys have had to have time. Rambo's got a missus he does now.
Speaker 2: Good for him. He was an instrumental part of the show, especially the first half of it.
Speaker 1: Four episodes maybe four, yeah.
Speaker 2: I think four. He's been one of the most, like one of the guests that's come on the most.
Speaker 1: Lucky's a dad, like it's been a long time.
Speaker 2: So lock he's been on a few times, like he's had some good apps.
Speaker 1: We might have to do it on a Saturday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we will, so we can really lock in.
Speaker 1: Get everyone down. Yeap, oh, and there'll be it'll be wait, it might be finals, will it be? Or is that the week off?
Speaker 2: So we're doing it? This week is round twenty two? Yeah, no, twenty three, Next week's round twenty four.
Speaker 1: Then I think the first week of.
Speaker 2: Finals is that weekend we're filming? No, no, no, oh, Sorry'm looking at October. So this is round twenty three, round twenty four. That's the week off. Okay, yeah that's good. Then yeah, yeah, that's the week off, so there's no footy on that weekend.
Speaker 1: I don't want to miss any sport.
Speaker 2: We're about to redo the whole thing, a reschedule everything. But yeah, we've had some you know, they've grown up to lucky Rambo even had P and C on a few times.
Speaker 1: The listeners like they would.
Speaker 2: Have gone from kids to men or.
Speaker 4: Gels to women. Yep, no, I didn't mean that. Yeah that makes it, yeah, like young girls.
Speaker 2: To women, teams adults.
Speaker 1: Gels just sounded like deroga.
Speaker 2: But it has been a crazy journey, crazy journey.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna quickly give you a little harmonica rendition because I know that some of you loyal people. Oh yeah, and then we'll go into the only confession this week from c.
Speaker 1: L D c l D L DU.
Speaker 2: I feel like ready to run through a banner like Anzachi should actually have.
Speaker 1: A harmonica artist that can really have a team up.
Speaker 2: You know what the best bit about Finals foot is as well that before every game they do like the national anthem, like you're lining up, and then when and the crowd and we're gonna well, once you boys qualify, which I think you will, all our teams are going to be in finals this year. Me you and rog Yeah, oh, it's going to be going.
Speaker 1: To be naughty. Speaking of naughty, we have a confession, eld Yeah, let's go. It's now time to dive into your deepest and darkest confessions. Let's hear what the people have to get off their chest.
Speaker 4: Alrighty, hey boys, I've got a would you rather from my time studying abroad in North Carolina during UNI, but it needs a bit.
Speaker 1: Of context first.
Speaker 4: Also, just quickly, I wanted to let you know, remember we're talking about Canada and how we just think it's pretty cold most.
Speaker 2: Of the time.
Speaker 1: I got this message in one of our school teachers.
Speaker 3: Okay to who I'm thinking of, Yeah, yeah, he goes, He said, played footy in Whistler thirty eight degrees feels different there when it's hot, probably because it's so fucking.
Speaker 1: Cold in winter.
Speaker 2: Thirty eight degree is celsius. Geez, Canadian summer bro hitting good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's crazy. Let me get cold back.
Speaker 2: What is he over there at the moment? Or talking about a time.
Speaker 4: He was Yeah, yeah, all right, got cold back. So it's a would you rather for us. I just whacked it in confessions because we've got a sting for it. So Brits usually start drinking around fourteen or fifteen, with the legal drinking age being eighteen in the UK and Australia. Yep, we're pretty much on the same page. America, though, was a completely different beast, with the drinking age set at twenty one. Some of the people I met had only been drunk a handful of times yep, and many of them had no idea what pre drinks even wow. If you wanted to drink and get wild. At UNI in the States, frat parties were the place to be. Girls, especially fit ones, were always welcome, but for lads you pretty much had to join a frat if you wanted to party and drink for your first three years.
Speaker 1: So this is eighteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now, some of the frat initiations were absolutely brutal. And here's the catch. If you pledge for one frat and don't get in, you have to wait an entire year before trying again another, which brings me to the would you rather.
Speaker 1: These were?
Speaker 4: These were the initiation tasks for two of the biggest frats at my UNI. So we've got Frat A and Frat B. Frat A four freshmen are taken to the basement at nine pm with a full keg of beer. The older lads tell them that by sunrise, the keg must be empty and one of them must have a broken arm.
Speaker 2: Oh what the okay?
Speaker 4: That's then they lock the door and leave. If they fail, none of them get in, and that means missing out in a guaranteed year of partying.
Speaker 2: No, that's insanity.
Speaker 4: Broon frat b oh mo a broken ye because you're instantly saying no, I'm not doing Friday, but wait for this frat b. Each freshman is put into a wheely bin. The lid is taped shut so they can't get out. They have three small holes that are drilled in so they can breathe. Inside the bin is a mystery bottle of Spirit standard size and a full pack of cigarettes. They have to finish the entire bottle and smoke every single cigarette before being let out of the wheely bin. If they chunder or piss themselves, they stay locked in. Meanwhile, the bin is rattled and wheeled around and kicked for good measure.
Speaker 1: So which are you picking? I met survivors from both and can share how it went down for them. If you're keen loving the podcast, keep the episodes coming.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: The keg one would be acceptable if you weren't the one who had to break your fucking arm, because that's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Barely drank and barely smoked in your life and you've got to do full.
Speaker 1: Pack that will.
Speaker 2: I feel like I wouldn't be able to down like a full bottle of Jacks or something like, I couldn't do it.
Speaker 4: So we're just not getting into a frat then, because I'm thinking with the broken arm one, let's say, because if you're not the one that gets the broken arm, that's easy.
Speaker 2: But let's don't want to break someone's arm either.
Speaker 1: Let's say you have to be the guy. This is how I'm thinking it goes down.
Speaker 4: You put your arm out with a bit of separation between your arm and the floor, and then someone jumps on it and just snaps it.
Speaker 2: And you'd want to break it at like five point fifty nine am. So they open the door at six and you can go to the hospital.
Speaker 1: Yeah. True.
Speaker 4: Oh imagine breaking it too early just because you're not thinking straight. Yeah, these frats are crazy, bro, Yeah I didn't really, these ones must be crazy. I've heard of other ones that are pretty chill, like, oh, you just gotta have ten beers tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See that's intense, bro, it's nuts Bunker's tune. Surely the doot who breaks his arm gets like a special rank in the fucking frat straight away, like frat lord or something. Facking. Yeah, you got it if you break the arm, bro.
Speaker 1: What are they called in sororities?
Speaker 2: Like the bottle is too hard? Yeah, to drink a whole bottle and that is almost hospital stuff. Yeah, exactly, a full bottle and a whole pack of SIGs.
Speaker 1: What your taped bin?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: Fuck?
Speaker 2: That's why they're probably calling you every slur kicking the bin, Yeah, spitting in.
Speaker 4: It, chump, Let's drown him, just booting the bin, just pushing it around, shaking it.
Speaker 1: How you going there? You're trying to smoke?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Damn boy.
Speaker 2: Amen, you want to be in the frat. You got to be in the frat, right you do. They're probably like big ones, big house chef, cooking forum. I've seen that some of them have a chef that's notts.
Speaker 1: Who fun is it? I have no clue. The rich kids. I swear most people in frats are rich kids.
Speaker 2: I think you have to be in America because college is paid for as expensive as fuck so or if you're you got scoarship sports Sporting Jet. I've been watching any given Saturday on Netflix and it follows college athletes in the SEC, which is like the most competitive, has all the big teams. I think it's a lot of Southern teams, a lot of teams from Texas.
Speaker 1: Oh real good.
Speaker 2: It'll make you thirst for a bit of like, wish you were there, wish you experienced it. Playing in front of one hundred thousand people at eighteen is just.
Speaker 1: The best thing we ever did. Was playing in front of a thousand at school.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's that's the most I've ever performed in front of it.
Speaker 1: And I swear heaps people weren't watching too.
Speaker 2: People felt like there was an atmosphere eighty we linked up mad that day. Yeah we did.
Speaker 1: It was good.
Speaker 2: I'm glad we performed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a good show. I recommend it for any given Saturday. I've been watching mob Land Elite. Yeah, I've heard some good things about it. Mum's mentioned there's.
Speaker 4: Only one season, ten episodes. Yeah, your mum would love it, she does. Yeah, yeah, Tom Hardy he's just elite in this role as well, Like you can't have a better You couldn't have cast the gangster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's like so without.
Speaker 4: Giving things away, there's a couple of gangs in London, right, and he's the not necessarily the hit man, but he's like the henchman, the protector of people within that.
Speaker 2: Okay, but with that comes a lot of turmoil I can imagine.
Speaker 1: So, no, it's been good. I've only watched three episodes, but it's real good. So I like that.
Speaker 4: Also, I watched the for I watched two episodes of the WWE one right, Yeah, well I watched w W as a kid. You know, it was pretty cool. Obviously you find out it's fake, you just like whatever, whatever is what it is. But it goes into how they control matches, how they do the storylines, Like, it's really really interesting. So even if you don't like WWE, it's the best episode was good then it just if you watch two and three and four you're more of a WWE person. Yeah, so episode one you get a great guideline into the way it all works, and it's a lot more complex than I thought it was.
Speaker 2: Okay, I guess it's a show, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it has to be stopped on time.
Speaker 4: Referees are controlling the tempo of the fight, Like when they're down near the fighters, they're just telling them, you know, you need.
Speaker 2: To sell that for a bit longer, like oh really yeah, Or they're like.
Speaker 1: Like some of the I'm a.
Speaker 4: Medical as well, so they'll be like if someone's genuinely cut their head open and looking, yeah, they'll be like are you all right?
Speaker 1: Or do you need assistance? So they're actually just helping the fighters along the way.
Speaker 2: And then some of the injuries these feel like the conductor yeah, yeah, but the conductors are real Christian called oh is it Gorilla?
Speaker 1: I think it's like it's this spot, it's called Gorilla.
Speaker 2: I know what you refer like a separate area the controls. Yeah, I know what you mean.
Speaker 4: And it's Triple Eh, who's like one of the head guys at the WWE, and he's sitting there and he's watching the fight. Then there's like a truck out the back and it's got the camera crew who are controlling the angles and that. And then there's this guy who's, yeah, the timekeeper, and there's so many different factors and no, the operation's crazy. Yeah, yeah, it's an interesting show. So if you want something interesting to watch, go and watch that.
Speaker 1: But that'll be it for today. If you have any questions, hit us up sending everything.
Speaker 4: Our dms are open always, so we're going to have a me get episode to finish off.
Speaker 1: We'll have some drinks.
Speaker 2: Why not, Yeah, why not.
Speaker 4: Got to celebrate, celebrate the final episode. But we appreciate you, guys, We love you for supporting us along the way. You've helped us do some amazing things. Any mergy, thank you.
Speaker 2: Any episode brought those air fresheners, fucking air freshners, Bro.
Speaker 1: That was weird, terrible, but a cool thing as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah they were cool.
Speaker 1: Mugs, mugs, boy stickers, stickers.
Speaker 4: We've we've released a lot over the years and we appreciate you guys, no matter if you've listened to one episode, twenty episodes, the lot. So yeah, that'll be it for today. Like I said, DM's always open, so hit us up. We want to know your favorite moments, When did you start listening and what our show meant to you. Will be running through everything and saying proper goodbyes in the last episode. But I wonder how many people cried today listening to them. I hope a few. I hope a few, but yeah, much love everyone. We appreciate your support.
Speaker 2: Like we said fortnight, it.
Speaker 1: Might not be forever, but it's for now. Yes, have a good one, guys,