Speaker 1: Ad A Lady, ad a lady, A lady ad Lady. I'm filtered. Hey, welcome to another podcast.
Speaker 2: Hi guys, Hailey Pierson over there, we are at Lady Unfiltered.
Speaker 1: We're besties. We're business partners where the creators of adel Lady hollow I say, hey, lossy media, and we do everything together except bad. All right, what are we talking about?
Speaker 2: Oh, Hailey Pierson? All right, today we're talking about your morbid brain. Because your brain. Yeah, like I thought I.
Speaker 1: Was morbid, I'm way more morbid than you are. You feed my morbility though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a feeder.
Speaker 1: You make everything worse.
Speaker 2: And we are talking birthing stories, yes, because you are in the thick of all your friends having babies, but you're also crowning.
Speaker 1: So hello, It's why I've got a.
Speaker 2: Pillow here so it doesn't get awkward that you see your hands come out.
Speaker 1: I would deliver that baby for you in a heartbood. I would, I would, I would. I would be grossed out. I love every moment anyway. Well, let's start with our memo the week though, like we do with every podcast.
Speaker 2: Ah, so this morning I woke up. It's a little bit about a bit, a bit, a bit of better down the hallway, which I love. You know, one day Sophia won't be running into our room.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: And I jump on the bed, she jump on the bed, and we always like, how is your sleep? Are you feeling good? Are you excited about your day? We ask her all these questions, to which she replied, I'm not doing cuddles today. Are there any more questions?
Speaker 1: What? Why she's so serious? I don't know such. She's so intimidating.
Speaker 2: She literally scares me'm I just want to love you, but she's a tiny little dictator.
Speaker 1: She is a dictator. I just want to love you.
Speaker 2: You're my child, and we're just so excited to see you because we haven't seen you all night, and I just want to give you cuddles and love. No more cuddles, other questions, And.
Speaker 1: Then you set me a photo of her back to you, just looking out the windows, staring into space.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as I do her hair, as I put my caristas, you know, expensive oil through her hair, and I brush her hair. She can never say she had a terrible childhood.
Speaker 1: No, you need to film all this stuff so she knows. Yeah, because she will grow up telling people that she was, she will neglect it. My mem of the week is okay, so the headline. The headline is Hailey loses the thumb. So okay. This is completely my fault. And it's a warning to you that you should not leave something if it's got something to do with your health. Don't just leave it okay, like you and I do all the time. Anybody else I would tell them go and get that shit fixed. But because it was me, I just kept it going. I had a green thumb for about eleven months and I kept covering it up, and no one really was too phase by it, and I wasn't phased by it. I was like, I will grow out or grow out. And then about a week ago it started having its own heartbeat and like throbbing, like really throbbing and painful. And I said to my husband my thumb, I think my thumb's infected, like it's so sore. And he looked at it and he's like, you need to go to the doctor. You might have staff and you might have to have your thumb cut off.
Speaker 2: It actually looks like a pistachio nut.
Speaker 1: It was worse than a mustachio. It was what is the thing that everyone's eating at the moment, the chocolate chocolate thumb. It was so ruined for you. So it was so green that I went to get it all shaved off. So they took all the thumb stuff off, and it turns out it's just like it's a normal thing everyone gets, well not everyone, but gross people like me get it. It's like a fungal thing.
Speaker 2: Oh that you don't have a nail on there at the post.
Speaker 1: It's taken off. It's been taken off. It's disgusting. But then I was thinking, like this is where my brain goes. I was like, okay, so if I have to get my thumb amputated, I'll only have four fingers, and that's my painting hand, which means I won't be able to paint or I'll be on like sixty minutes in a few years time. Being that with four fingers, panote speaker around the world talking about how I don't have a thumb.
Speaker 2: This is your morbid brain. You went straight to your thumb is about to be cut off? Yes, not just oh my thumb is infected. I might get some antiseptic cream.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this leads us into what we're going to talk about. So when people meet us, I don't know if you get this, but I get a lot that you're very happy. You're a very happy person, generally quite happy. Yeah, I would say I'm an excitable person. I get excited very easily. But the dopamine leaves my body very fast as well.
Speaker 2: We're up and we're down just as quick as we're up.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's a wild ride. So my morbid brain, I'm probably the happiest morbid person walking around on Earth, I would say my brain until twenty three, I was carefree. I was like, and I know you were too, before you experienced anything like trauma in your life. We were so carefree. I did some dumb things. I lived on the edge dangerously. I do things just because it would make other people laugh.
Speaker 2: I would laugh from morning, like from the minute I woke up to the minute I went to sleep. Yeah, everything was a joke.
Speaker 1: And doing stupid things that were actually potentially life threatening and dangerous that I wouldn't do now but kind of risky and yeah, and it was fun. Like the adrenaline was pumping. So when I it all started, I'm going to tell you now just so this is if this is you going through this? Hopefully it can help. I'll tell you how this small but brain started and probably my lowest point, and then how I've gone about trying to fix it because I am in a better place with it at the moment, even though you probably don't think I am as crazy as I was. So it started when I was twenty three. I just moved to Queensland for work for radio with my husband, and I got a phone call from Mum and Dad just saying that my uncle had been killed in a car accident. And it was that moment I remember where I was, that the chemistry in my brain flicked and I've never been the same since. And I was put on this like trajectory going I'm gonna worry about every single person that I love, and someone is going to die. So I was obviously I was thinking about my cousins who had lost their dad and thinking and feeling how they would have felt when this all happened. And so from then on I started really worrying all the time. If Mom didn't answer the phone or if Dad did not the phone, they were dead. Even now, I go on life through sixty and I'll zoom in and if sometimes and this has happened before, I'll go, why is mum at s Andrew's hospital? Oh, my god, she's dead. My brain goes to the worst and because because I have this creative brain, I see things in my head. So and I thought this. I've always thought this is normal, that everybody else has this, but apparently it's not. I see, when you tell me a story, I'll visually see it, and I'm there in that story with you. So I feel how I would if it was actually happening. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: So you always go to the worst case scenario.
Speaker 1: But I'm seeing it and I feel it, and I get the actual physical emotion coming out in me, like the sweaty palms.
Speaker 2: And things like that, the shooting yourself, all of that stuff.
Speaker 1: So it started when I was twenty three, worrying about my mum and dad, and then it got really bad when I've had kids and with Jimmy, and I remember one moment where I was home with the two boys and Jimmy was surfing, and every time he would surf, I would see in my head him getting taken by a shark or him being killed in a car accident on the way down to Victor and my biggest fear. And I've since found out that this is a common fear is to have. And I don't know why two police officers knocking at my door thinking telling me that someone that I love has died. Right, I've always had this weird vision. So I'm at home, I've got like a one and a four year old Jimmy's surfing and I do hear knock at the door. And we've got one of those doors back then in our old house where you see like the windows between the wood frames so you can see people coming in and coming out. I can see out, and I saw two people coming in uniform, and I'm not kidding. I went into the full shock of this is it, It's about to happen. I felt my leaves gave way, I fell onto the like the corridor I was. I was walking to the door and I was like, oh my god, they're about to tell me, Oh my god, this is happening. They're going to tell me that jim is dead. Like I was feeling everything. And then I opened the door. It's not funny, but there were two Mormons standing at my door. This sounds like a movie. There were two Mormons selling the Bible at my door, and they weren't place. I've never been happy to see Mormons in my life.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking, what's the famous Book of Woman there?
Speaker 1: That's what I pictured. Little Mormon outfits.
Speaker 2: Have I never heard these?
Speaker 1: I've told this before. I have never heard.
Speaker 2: This because I know your brain and it's happened to me. When you lose someone so close to you, everyone in your life becomes their next, their next, you know. I remember Mum left her phone in the laundry. So after my ex partner passed away, Mom left her phone in the laundry, she got to her phone, there was like thirty six miss calls and by the time she picked up, I was screaming, wailing.
Speaker 1: You're dad, You're dad.
Speaker 2: She's like, no, I just left my phone in the laundry.
Speaker 1: Don't leave your phone in the laundry, Mom, fucking idiot.
Speaker 2: She couldn't comprehend because even my mom, my mom has managed to go through pretty unscathed, like in the sense of she's lost her parents but they were like in their nineties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she has to be strong for you. She's the mom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so I was just like, why would you leave your phone like and you and I like just yeap, oh, it's we go.
Speaker 1: To the worst. And it started I reckon when like when I first had Austin and I was walking through a house and we had tiles, and this is again very more, but I would hear the sound of his head cracking on the tiles, like I'm dropping the baby. I know it's fucked. It's so fucked. I hate my brain so much. I have tried everything to stop these awful thoughts, and I think age has helped me a little bit, Like I'm I still go to those places, like I still think of the worst, and especially at an age now where I've got kids at eleven fourteen and they're off like riding to their friend's house, say, oh my god, riding and like driveways, I see all the dangers. My dad's an alarmist. I think this is where I get it from. He's an alarmist, so he sees the danger in everything, and he's put it onto me. And now this is what I want to tell you. I put it onto Olphie. So Alphie is eleven years old. I didn't tell you this last week. Well, you know a couple of weeks ago, an email from the school saying, Alfie's in the sick bay. He's just eaten blue tag. He thinks he's gonna die.
Speaker 2: And then I cracked the joke that he was gonna die to him, and that went down like a lead below.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is what I mean. You feed. You're not good in these situations. So what okay, So when someone's morbid, you need a friend that is going to say to you everything's going to be okay.
Speaker 2: That's not me.
Speaker 1: You are the friend that goes like, so you'll actually put the fear of God into me and go, oh my god, is he gonna die?
Speaker 2: Is he gonna die? Well no, because then you went and picked up Alfie from the sick bait because he thought he was going to die. And then he rocked up and I was like, oh, Alpha, you're here for like your last day on the planet to spend the adel lady.
Speaker 1: Obviously to a morbid kid. Will I thought it was.
Speaker 2: Funny, and then I offered him chocolate.
Speaker 1: Nah, and you looked at.
Speaker 2: Me and you were just like, mate, stop, it's not funny. No.
Speaker 1: He so I've accidentally somehow have passed this down to him. So it happened again. Last week. I don't know why he keeps eating shit at school, but I get a call from the sick bait Hi. No, first of all, I got messages from him on his little iPad going, Mom, I'm dying. I've just eaten with Whizz Fizz in science and I think I'm choking me and my best made of choking. Help. I can't breathe, and I'm like, what the hell's going on? Then I talked to the lady of the sick bay and she's like, he's at the sick Bacon and he's saying that he feels really sick and that he's got a headache and that he thinks he's going to die. And I'm like, well, was this lady? Are quiet talking? Yeah? Sounded like a pile hakee quiet talkers? Can you please speak up? I can't hear you say it loud? Can you yell at me from the sick bay? What is wrong with my child?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 1: Anything worse is this? She was eating a banana as well.
Speaker 2: I'm stuck in it.
Speaker 1: So anyway, he's legit feels like he's going to die. And then he said to me that night, Mum, I just I feel like this year. I'm thinking about death a lot, and I'm like, oh my god, stop, I'm so sorry. I don't want to is onto you. But because I am scared of everything, I probably do put a little bit of fear into them that I don't hold back. If you are, I'll say to him, if you're gonna cross the street and a car comes, you'll get flattened and you'll die.
Speaker 2: But you're also slightly cooked in a sense of you don't let your kids eat at home by themselves, nah, because you think they're gonna die in choke.
Speaker 1: I did it last night we were out Austin, my fourteen year old, was there by himself. I made him eat dinner before we left because I didn't want him to eat. I hate my prey that ish.
Speaker 2: Like I remember, I've heard the conversations Austin's at home and you're like, don't you dare eat? If I found out you've eaten something, he could die of hunger, Like.
Speaker 1: Just let the kid eat. No, I would rather I would die of hunger. That's a long death. That's okay, dying of choking by yourself, Like that's a real thing. But he could.
Speaker 2: Literally do you know what I said? This to my mum once when we were oversea. My mum gets so stressed when we go away. Anything could happen. The war could break out, the plane could go down. Mum's stressed about that. But when we were away there was an accident where I stand all the time in the city and a car went into pedestrians. That's right, And I was like, Mom, I'm more likely to have died there than I am to die.
Speaker 1: You're seen you drive, Yes, she has. She goes like this, she shuts her eyes. That's like you driving. Shut So all right, if you've got it more of the brain. I've got a couple of things that I've done that I don't know might help you.
Speaker 2: Don't be friends with me.
Speaker 1: Don't be friends. Can I just say, as a friend, if I say I'm worried my mom is sick, don't say, oh my god, me too. I know she's probably gonna die. Say she's going to be fine. I don't care if you're lying. I don't care if you're lying. Just tell me everything's going to be fine.
Speaker 2: Thing to me, I need to be better. Okay, you need to be I'm gonna light to you now.
Speaker 1: Just I don't care. I'm fine with you lying, but just keep me positive. Okay, that's what I tell you. Sometimes I don't tell you things because I know you're gonna make me feel worse.
Speaker 2: Your thumb is fine. You are not going to die of sepsis.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you. Okay. So this is what I've tried, hypnotherapy. I went and saw a hypnotist, like a proper hypnotist that do like they deal with people who are totally afraid of needles and things like that. So I went there, I had a session. I had two sessions, and they talk me through how to combat having a morbid brain. I don't know for helped, but they gave me tools I guess to think about when you are going to that bad thought, to quickly pivot your brain to think of something else. So when you know you're about to think of that, think of the other thing. Do you know what I mean? That stops you from thinking about it. I don't know if that helped, but I think hypnotherapy can be quite powerful. Dad's stopped smoking through hypnotherapy, so you could try that. The other thing I've done is like I'm I'm hardly medicated. You are high as a cut I am on anti anxiety tablets. I won't say the brand name or anything.
Speaker 2: But what like Louis Vuitton or something Louis Bitton.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's made me feel lighter, like I don't go to that dark place immediately. I just go to the surface, but I still go there. And I also think, I think what's happened is I'm always waiting if something everything's good in my life, I'm waiting for the bad thing it's going to happen. But then someone said to me, the bad thing will happen one day, like your parents will die one day. This will happen one day, So why waste your life worrying?
Speaker 2: Did I say that?
Speaker 1: No, you never give insightful things like that.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh my god, did I say that?
Speaker 1: So? Did I say that as your best friend? I have another friend that something?
Speaker 2: So anyway, I sort of did sound like something i'd say, like one day everyone in your life will die. That is something I.
Speaker 1: Would say and put a real datner on those things ruin your day. All right, So there's morbid brain tackled with. I hope if you do have a morbid brain, I've made you feel a little bit better about your own. It's normal if you love things. The bigger the love, the bigger the loss. Anyway. Yeah, let's move on to birthing stories.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I mean you're looking at me. You can see right now your best friend Laren has really Laren and really just I'm wearing my pregnancy tights. I've got wet hair. You're lucky. I put on a fucking bra for you today.
Speaker 1: Like I, I can't tell anyway, I have just given up on life. Yeah, you're at that stage.
Speaker 2: So I'm just over six months pregnant, and I am I can't be fucked like, to.
Speaker 1: Be honest, you gave up at four weeks pregnant. The second you've found out you're like Lily. When I finished banging, I was, I can't carry boxes anymore. Sorry, guys, I'm four weeks pregnant.
Speaker 2: We were in the office one day and everyone was carrying like piece of babe.
Speaker 1: I can't do that.
Speaker 2: I can't. I'm with child.
Speaker 1: Do you know what? You actually have every right too because you're growing another human being inside you. You are growing a brain and eyeballs and eyelashes and livers and all of that.
Speaker 2: But you know, well, you've had two kids both pregnancies very different, right, Yeah. First pregnancy for me, she was a breeze. I was just I got through. I wasn't really sick, just a little bit nauseous. At the beginning, everything was fine. This one has taken every single thing out of me. I don't want to socialize. I don't want to go out. I don't want to see people. I don't want to get dressed. I like to be in the shower. I like to be in the shower. I'm having like four showers a day. Yeah, because and I'm washing my hair four times a day. Hence why it's wet, and because when the water hits me and it's hot, I feel calm. Yep.
Speaker 1: And it's your own space. Do you lock the doors so no one else can come in?
Speaker 2: I don't lock the door, like I don't want to be too harsh, but if anyone's lot might get.
Speaker 1: A door, lock the door. They have a lock on my door. And do you know a big tip as well, when you can hear your screaming child out the outside the toilet, you stand with a shower cap under the water and you can't hear anything other than rain on a tin roof. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I'll do that. But I just I'm at that point of I'm ready. I'm ready to have it, but also I'm.
Speaker 1: Not ready for you to have it.
Speaker 2: No, I know we've got so many things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not yet.
Speaker 2: But so first pregnancy, I didn't do any reading. I did absolutely nothing. I walked in to Ashford Hospital with a blow dry, tan, nails done, and I said.
Speaker 1: Hello, everyone over here to have a baby.
Speaker 2: The midwife looked at me like, are you okay? I was like, yeah, I'm just here to have a baby and stuff.
Speaker 1: I can tell you were but your your partner, Burgo did all the reading for you.
Speaker 2: And speaking of morbid brains. Him and my mom the night before were messaging because I was having a cyrien so so worried, so nervous, and before I went in, I didn't know. He looked at the obstitution and said, you can't let her die. Please don't let her die. As he cried. But I was listening to let's get down, let's get down a beer.
Speaker 1: So were you not nervous about anything? Why weren't you nervous?
Speaker 2: I didn't look into anything. I didn't know anything. At one point they said you're afraid of needles. I was like yeah, and I looked over and saw the epi epidural need.
Speaker 1: Which is like huge horse trunk was like a.
Speaker 2: Sword, and I was like, oh god, what is that? What are you about to do to me? And I just got so like I remember looking at the uneathist and I did the epidural and then they said can you move your legs? And I couldn't move my legs. This is what's supposed to happen.
Speaker 1: That's a good thing.
Speaker 2: But from that moment on now I'm waking up at night having full blown nightmares about not being able to move my legs.
Speaker 1: But you're having a CE session, so you don't want to be able to move your legs otherwise you'll feel things, I know.
Speaker 2: But it's like that feeling like when someone says, hey, move your leg and you go, Okay, I'm going to move my leg and then I move my legs.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I'm starting to have full blown heart palpitation about what part of it having the baby, Like I just want to get to the point where I'm holding it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's lovely, but so that's what you need to manifest in your head. You need to just think about the moment of your holding her for the first time and looking at her face, because it's going to happen no matter what. Just think of that moment because that is the moment while we all have babies, to see that little face for the first time.
Speaker 2: And they actually, I swear to God, they make you forget all the pain you've had.
Speaker 1: That's what we go back tonight. Can I share this quote? I think from memory Cal Wilson, who's no longer with us, she told me this when I was pregnant with my first son and I was really nervous. She gave me a quote that stuck with me forever, and it's if I knew it was you, I wouldn't have been scared so and it's so true. And you don't realize that until you meet that little baby that you fall in love with. If you knew it was that Sophia, you would do anything to get to her. You do anything, we open a million times, no pain, no drugs, no, just do it. Just do it because it's you. So keep thinking of that.
Speaker 2: Can I ask, So, you've had two babies, Yeah, tell me your birthing stories from one to two.
Speaker 1: Sharing birthing stories. I love this hit. Yeah, okay, Austin number one. I was terrified the whole pregnancy of it coming out of my fanny. I don't know why. I was like, how is that going to come out of there? Like the burning pain, pain that I had in my head visualizing it was just too much. I just knew, I think I knew that I was it was. He was never going to come out of there. So I even got one of those blow up things, you know, those things you put it's so gross, you go, so, Jimmy, I'm just going to the bedroom. I'm just going to put that thing inside of me, blow it up, and then push it out the balloon thing. Yeah, so it kind of stretched perinea mary a fanny thing.
Speaker 2: Can you massage your paranagum? No?
Speaker 1: Because I felt dirty doing that. I was like, this is so weird. I'm just going to go and play with my Okay. So yeah, so I did one of those things to push it to stretch it because I was so scared of the what's it called where they cut you from the anus to the fanny news's Oh my god, that just terrified me.
Speaker 2: I used to think it was so far, but it's actually only.
Speaker 1: A little it's only a little centimeter or too near the two things that you don't you don't want to do it. No, So anyway, I went in. I was always a small I had small babies, and I was one of those people that people always felt like I could say something to you, going, oh, you're small, is every thing okay? And then don't say that to a pregnant woman. Don't comment on the size of her tummy because it's gonna make her worry.
Speaker 2: And I'm carrying mine and my hips and my ass so like I've got these low, I'm low, and I've got ways. Oh they come up all the word cover my boobs, they're such a big don't yeah, don't comment on how people carry. So anyway, I went in early to have to be what's it called the stretch and sweep thing? Oh did you have a stretch and sweep?
Speaker 1: Oh? That is actually the most painful thing. When they put their fingers inside you and they stretch. Oh my god, that burning feeling of it being stretched by fingers. To me, that was the worst. So I went into. I did that, and then I did the Oh my brain is it working today? What's the thing where they put you in and they induced you, so I was being induced. So then I started to have contractions because I had the worst braxton Hicks the whole pregnancy. It just felt like braxton Hicks to me. And this beautiful nurse was in there giving me milos, and I was okay, and then all of a sudden, I didn't notice that there was any drama. I didn't notice the drama at all. I was actually in an okay space. But all of a sudden, it was like three am, and my obstetrition rocked up. And she had been out that night before, and she was looking very glamorous, and I'm like, why is she here? And they just looked at me and said, we need to take you to have a cesarean because your baby's heart a heart rate has dropped, so we're going to go upstairs and within forty five minutes you're gonna have a baby. Wait, did Jimmy know this, No, they just told us at the same time. And I didn't have time to worry or think about anything. I hadn't even looked into cesareans. I had no idea how they were even going to work. And so before I knew it. I was being wheeled out, going oh my god, but they kept me really calm. I didn't know until after that. It was a bit of touch and go for a while because the court they think the core was wrapped around his neck from stress. So anyway, I went up there, they cut me open. He came out and it was the most amazing thing. But C section number two was actually worse because when you walk in, it's such a weird feeling walking in to the hospital, walking into the room and going Okay, I'm gonna lie down and in three minutes, I don't have a baby. It's such a weird thing.
Speaker 2: Mine took fifty nine minutes.
Speaker 1: Did it? Why don't it take so long to cut you open?
Speaker 2: The epidural took a little bit.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the epple du you know.
Speaker 2: Can you just bend over You've got this giant stomach, like, yeah, you know, cool, I'll bend over, like keep going, no, I'll keep bending over. No, it's fine. This is reirdly.
Speaker 1: And then they drag you from one bed to the other bed and then it's all hot. Your body goes.
Speaker 2: All hot and I'm trying not to ruin my blow dry.
Speaker 1: I was like Oh, I didn't give a fuck about that shit.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to look nice because I kind of knew that my child would be judgmental, so I wanted her to make she would.
Speaker 1: Totally judge you.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you could have done something with your hair.
Speaker 1: Maybe a liqu of makeup would have.
Speaker 2: Been nice, maybe a bit of ten. But then it's okay, we'll work on that.
Speaker 1: Our fee was different though. It wasn't the birth that I probably would have pictured. It wasn't like a beautiful, like, ah, this is so amazing birth, miracle birth kind of thing.
Speaker 2: What was harder the first one or the second one? Because the first one you went through shit because you started.
Speaker 1: Vain and I didn't know anything. I do you know what? I think we've just worked it out. I didn't know anything about sea sections and it was fine. You didn't know anything about birthing and you were fine. So maybe don't read up about stuff. So this is the thing.
Speaker 2: I'm just you know what you're getting yourself into. You remember that pain, you remember not being able to move. I remember, like you know, burgo having to like put my undies on and put the maternity pattern.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, can we just talk about the best moment ever is after you have a sea section, you're covered in that red stuff all the like the antiseptic stuff. Having a shower and getting your partner to wash you in the shower is actually the most romantic thing he's ever done for me in my life. It was the best feeling in the world because you're so dirty, sitting in your blood for a couple of days.
Speaker 2: No, it's just it's a lot. And you know what the other thing is as well. You know, we've often spoken about like, don't comment on women's weight. Also, don't comment on how people give birth. No, however you want.
Speaker 1: To do it, be a hero. Don't have any drugs. That's fine, you do you.
Speaker 2: I don't care if you want to do pig cesarean, choose vaginal whatever in the end, as long as the baby is safe and that it matters. But I remember so you would have. You know, a few years before I gave birth to Sophia, I had some bummy shoes damage my pelvic floor. So they said, we strongly advise that you have a cesarean, and I'm like, I'm not going to argue that because I kind of wanted one anyway. You're telling me to have one.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 2: But I remember having a conversation with someone I don't even know and she was like, oh, so when are you having the baby. What's happening. I was like, Oh, I'm booked in for a sea section on blah blah blah dah.
Speaker 1: She goes, you've.
Speaker 2: Chosen to have a sea section. Yes, yeah, I have. Oh so you're not going to try.
Speaker 1: Try I was just going to get my health baby out.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, I'm getting cut seven stuff.
Speaker 1: Does it matter how you get it out? No? And she was young. I was like, don't have a plan. When people have a plan, and it's really hard. I think for people who are like maybe eas and really organized people, not us. Not us. That's probably why it was okay for us, because we are the shambles and it was all chaotic.
Speaker 2: The only plan I had was my playlist of music.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but even then, I mean, great, bring that in. But even then things just go out the window and you just have to roll with it. And hearing them cry for the first time and seeing their little face and going I made you and you're the person that I have been talking to for the last nine months is so amazing. And I can't believe you're about to have this again, that feeling.
Speaker 2: I actually want to play the audio. We've got some audio from my birth.
Speaker 1: Is that the one where you're yelling and screaming?
Speaker 2: No, I'm very calm. We can actually play it to you.
Speaker 1: It's the beginning a little bit now.
Speaker 2: The anethetist assistant took my phone. I didn't know this until eleven o'clock at night. Everyone was asleep, and I looked at my phone and there was two hundred photos and videos of my birth.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I love this. Listen to this, crazy my baby, Are you okay? Hello?
Speaker 2: That was the moment that Sophia was born, and I always aliken it to that moment in the Lion King where it's just like nudd she mama. She came out into this world, looked around, sussed everything.
Speaker 1: Judged, you judged me.
Speaker 2: Oh, here we are you guys. That moment for me, I'm actually that's that's the thing that I can't wait for. That that that moment of seeing that new person that you already love. I already love this baby. You've never even met a baby, but you love them already. But then you get to see.
Speaker 1: Them do you know a really beautiful thing about Sophia is before you had Sophia, and we're talking years before, you would always talk about your Sofia. Yeah, that one day you're gonna have a little girl was fear.
Speaker 2: I was fifteen. I remember I said, one day I'm going to have a little girl called Sophia. And virgin I always spoke about it. We had a few names, but we were always like, if she looks Italian and has her dark features and dark hair, she'll be our Sofia.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I remember when she came out, she had a full head of hair, like no wonder I had.
Speaker 1: It was like Kim Jong un, like a full sweet.
Speaker 2: I went, okay. We both actually looked at each other at the same time. You know how some people debate, like Burgo's got friends, they took a week to name their baby.
Speaker 1: Hate that. Just tell me the baby's name raight away. He's a baby.
Speaker 2: She's been born, no name yet, no name the next day, no name the next day.
Speaker 1: You had nine months to come up with a name.
Speaker 2: But we literally looked at each other and we both said at the same time, Sophia.
Speaker 1: We just knew you're little Sofia. Yeah, I am. Well, I am so excited that this is about to all happen again for you. I'm just like, I can't wait for that phone call and for you to experience it again.
Speaker 2: And I still remember that time you ran into the hospital the next.
Speaker 1: Day and you got to hold her. Oh my god, her little face. Yeah, it's a mini you. I just saw you and ergo in this beautiful little bubba and I love her so much.
Speaker 2: I know you do, and that's the best thing, you know, Aunties. Sophia calls you Auntie Hayley. Yeah, but just because you're not related doesn't mean you're not her auntie.
Speaker 1: Like she often says to me, Auntie Hayley, are you my family? And I will go I'm not technically your family, but i'm your auntie and she's like, yeah, you're my family.
Speaker 2: You're my family. You are family. You are our family. And you love her and I love your kids like we're all family.
Speaker 1: Were so intertwined. I love this so much. I've got a really emotional friend sitting next to me right now. You need to go and have a lightdown. I do actually, Okay, Oh birthday stories, Hey, if you have one you want to share with us in box us anytime, and we're always on social media. We're like addicted to it, so.
Speaker 2: You'll always be there, especially when I'm a mat leave mansta.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, we love you girls and boys. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: I have a great week, guys. Love your