Speaker 1: Welcome to three sixty Revelly from every angle joining them in the Great Gordon Tallas. Let's bring the Journal Australian Poor Crawley and Dean Richie Bulldog. You've got some breaking news for us to start the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The Analysis put a statement out gentlemen saying that the game this Friday night, the Dolphins versus Sous, given the possible consequences of Cyclone Alfred, which could drop between two to four hundred mills on the streets of Brisbane, for safety reasons, it has been moved. It will now be played at Combak Stutum in Parramatta, and that means around seventeen game between the same two sides merely gets flipped over.
Speaker 4: And that is up there in Brisbane.
Speaker 3: So they didn't have much choice. I don't think the forecast is horrendous. Gordy, you live there, you no doubt are on top of this, and for safety purposes, they had no choice.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, the cyclone's coming.
Speaker 6: Obviously, I was with Cyclone Alphae in Vegas, but this one, Alfred might be just might be a little bit bigger. Yeah, So I was going to head obviously between the Sunshine Coaster and NUSA, So a lot of rain and a lot of swallow there at the moment, so it's a it's a great decision.
Speaker 3: Comments Comedy says, exactly like, you can't have a game up there with potentially four hundred miles of rain and one hundred and thirty kilometer wins. It was just the right thing to do. It's the first Friday night of the season. Two big clubs moved to Sydney. Get it on the Dolphins. Sorry, brother, I'm going to the Dolphins. Actually spoke with the premier up in corenys Now today, excuse me. And there was an option on the table to play the game without crowds, which is a bit of a throwback to COVID days. So the crowds were going to be told stay away, stay home, stay safy.
Speaker 4: Obviously, total that.
Speaker 7: Was the main issue. Couldn't have a game of in ane hundred milk.
Speaker 6: Like they've got families as well, So you think that when the cyclones or anything, they'd closed the airport.
Speaker 1: But this is the better option, and it shows leadership again from the NRL. Peter Velandi's you know, to do what he did in Vegas would have just I was on the same flight as in this morning.
Speaker 2: Lands has to deal with this straight away.
Speaker 1: By the end of the day, he's moved the game from Queensland to New South Wales. Has no problems at all. I mean, the guy can do anything. At the moment, can't and it ended up being the right decision.
Speaker 3: He's just to do it, isn't he anything He sets his mind, he just gets it done. Mind you, there was a lot of layers of red tape to ghost. This is my point exactly.
Speaker 4: It's not that simple just to say we're moving it. But they've done it.
Speaker 3: SOUSE members going to be informed of this in the next hour, so they could now start.
Speaker 5: To do a round seventeen members ticket or just work around.
Speaker 2: One's up with this to start.
Speaker 7: Especially games what Dog said before. So the next game between the Dolphins, it'll be up there.
Speaker 1: But I mean, like in terms of round one, they're under a little bit of precious house. They didn't have the best trial form and now they can play, you know, in Sydney for their first game. It's not at home game, but it's close to the home home fan base can.
Speaker 2: Watch the game and they don't need to head up to Queensland.
Speaker 3: So I had to make the decision today because they planned to leave about midday tomorrow to go up there.
Speaker 7: So yeah, it's good, all right.
Speaker 1: The sports Bet team selections are in. Let's take a look. As you can see here there are a few changes. Peakes named Hooker Cobo on the wing for the Broncos. For the Tigers, the Silver replaces their suspended Corras. How At hooker, Cogger and Shaft. The new halves pairing for Newcastle Graham chosen. It sent a big inclusion for Sous despite that preseason injury for the Melbourne Storm Papenhouse and he had the ankle knee injury in the offseason, but named at fullback and Paramatta Mitchell Moses out with a foot injury. To me, that sticks out as a big one. Which one for you guys is.
Speaker 3: Mitchell Moses out for Paramatta? You know it's the new era, new kh Jason Rowles. They need to start fast. They weren't particularly impressive in the Trolls. Moses is their best player.
Speaker 4: And yeah he's a massive locks knuck up.
Speaker 3: Not many people seem to be talking about any injury in Witch Moses, so I think everyone was a little surprised when the teams came out details, Yeah, I text paramount of this afternoon break, and they weren't overly knowledgeable about when he would return. It's indefinite at the moment.
Speaker 1: They concern though, is it an injury that could last through to four weeks?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm surprised they didn't know break in terms of if it's only a week. They generally say it's a week, But when they say we don't know the return date, then you start to wonder whether it's a little more serious than what we're led to believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that they need you, that they need him to start the year. Jason Rolls has come in. They want to start like every team, right, and you want.
Speaker 5: To get the best players there in around one. You want your kickers. The majority of the game is one on this week and would be one on a kicking game.
Speaker 3: Well, it's an opportunity for Dylan round too, given the noise around him all summer, and he has to go out there and show he can be the man.
Speaker 1: And we'll get to that a little later on in the show. But let's talk about Vegas. We've covered it top to tay really, but how it was an amazing week for us scoring myself for there, but from you guys the journals sitting back here watching it from the couch back at home. How did you guys see it?
Speaker 7: I loved it. I loved it. It was bright.
Speaker 3: The English game was wonderful. Wigan were fantastic. The crowd really got into it. You could feel it back here. It was sensational coverage. So many people you know went over to enjoy the week and the football was fantastic. The two NRL games in particular, we're outstanding. The Raiders really put on a show and Penrith just showed once again why there's such a champion team. It was spectacular, wasn't it? And I think it also bought it out the AFL. It has not yet gotten aim mentioned in Sydney for the past two weeks, so if that's part of the plan, it certainly worked. I think Peter Landi's nailed it. Though four games was too many. Are you guys in the starting willback here watch it in television?
Speaker 4: It went for ten hours. It was too long. One game will be cold.
Speaker 3: It will be the Jill Rouse and obviously that Jill Ruse game. It did interrupt the momentum of the day. Given the score, I'll probably be the Jilla ruse. It will be the jilos. That's the understanding. I don't think it's definitive yet.
Speaker 2: Break the land, that's what That's what you're hearing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's from hearing correct.
Speaker 5: Well, the English crowd they bring tenth.
Speaker 1: Just to talk from our point of view who were at the game, obviously, the Super e crowd was unbelievable. The atmosphere they brought, the wigans, the Wigan and Warrington fans, it was like it was amazing it.
Speaker 7: And given it was such a one sided contest, yeah, they.
Speaker 6: Loved it and and they sing against But then the day did get a bit longer. But and then when the people were leaving, I didn't realize once you left the stadium, so if you went out to have a smoke or whatever, you can't get back in. So I think, you know, people weren't leaving because of the foot I think because the last game was obviously the show piece between Penuthine, I did feel.
Speaker 1: For them, but because they were the most passionate fans, but they had to sit there through another three games after their one, you know, and you could tell it was wearing them down as it went on. But the four games were too much. Like you know, I said it straight after the game that Peter Velandi's actually acknowledged and said it straight after the game. It was a huge success and there's no taking away from that. But you know, four games back to back, you know, is a very very long day.
Speaker 6: The only negative twenty dollars us a beer and they ran out of beer.
Speaker 5: No, do you know what I heard?
Speaker 6: That is the most beer sold of that stadium?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that is the most four games?
Speaker 5: Hold on Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: No, that is that? Is that a good indication.
Speaker 6: Of the NRL English right, one hour of the English was was actually more than the whole NFL when the Raiders play. But they did have a Super Bowl there, right, so to be the Super bowls pretty Is it.
Speaker 4: The greatest innovation in rugby leagues since State of Origin? I think, I think if it has to amount a very very strong.
Speaker 6: Aim to say that it is, we're taking a lot of boxes right because Magic Ground.
Speaker 2: I wasn't too sure.
Speaker 6: It is amazing in Britaman it is a week that everybody puts in their calendar and that's a great celebration of our game. But this is one of the greatest celebrations. Like I sit there and a we're in different places than we look there And then players come and sat on our desk on three sixty and they're in all right.
Speaker 1: I think every player wants to go there, And for any viewer watching this show.
Speaker 2: You've got to do it at some point.
Speaker 1: It is no way for your so once in a lifetime experience, whether it's your team or not, get over there.
Speaker 3: It doesn't it's a magical week now. Word of mouth so important breath. People came back last year raving about it, including myself and people this year is now five thousand more they will probably direct another five to ten thousand there and.
Speaker 5: Fifteen thousand Americans they bought tickets.
Speaker 1: And we've really sucked the life out of every other code in this country for the last couple of weeks, haven't we. Like when you actually sit back and look at it, we have just stolen all the headlines, all the paper, all the radios.
Speaker 2: It's it's everywhere. So it's I mean, it's smart tactically, Braith.
Speaker 3: It's not just a matter of Vegas being glamorous. That is a smart tactical move. For one sport took obliterate all other sports leading into the first week of the winter in Vegas, though, makes it such a selling point too, Like you know, because it is Vegas, it is on the bucket list of a lot of people to go over there and experience that.
Speaker 7: And also the fact you get to see.
Speaker 6: Some really magic ground and Brisbane going to Vegas. I don't see it working in Nashville like like that way, he talks about some other cities in America.
Speaker 5: Okon, this is the best place.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: Now Vodaphone Dynamic duo in Las Vegas, Slia Martin and Isaiao. Holy smokes, now these two were I mean, everyone waxes lyrical around Nathan Clear and so we should, but these two honestly were sensational.
Speaker 3: Liam Martin's backing up from Man of the Match in the Clive Churchill Medal in the Grand Final, he goes out there no preseason games. He terrorizes him from the opening whistle. He was on a mission in that game, and he's and then he and then he pulls off a trisaving tackle near the end of the game to secure the victory. But I also thought Isaiah Yoh is just one of the unsung champions of our game. I was watching him there the other day and that influenced both he and Nathan, Like, I don't think there's any question anymore that one day down the track, Nathan will be a rugby league of mortal. But I just think that there's an argument, definitely from me that Isaiah Yale has to be in that conversation. I don't remember watching a player who has been as influential a Ford, as influential on the continued success of his team as this bloke. He's a big man, he rolls his sleeve up, he does the hard work. He's got great skills. He's ball playing is fantastic. It adds another dimension to this team.
Speaker 5: He's just as important as Nathan, and he's calm. He started as a center.
Speaker 6: Right, then he plays lock right, then he plays front right, and then when he plays State of Origin, he's a hit up forward and he stands and tackles, and he plays Nathan's out and he plays as first receiver and he plays just as good as a playmaker.
Speaker 2: Then he plays Locke.
Speaker 6: And just said there was a subtlety like he comes back, comes off the line sideways.
Speaker 5: That's an Andrew Johns. That's that's a halfbacks try.
Speaker 2: So it's like his vision.
Speaker 5: I think he's a great Didn't.
Speaker 2: He say that he's chameleon We've ever had.
Speaker 5: A million is anywhere.
Speaker 6: He can play anywhere in the game, and he'll model the best players.
Speaker 3: And the other point to it, too, is that we look at all the players that Penrith have lost over the years, you know, really significant individuals, and it's these two that hold that club together. And look you're throwing Liam Martin too and Dylan Edwards and but these two leaders. It says a little to me. It's a little bit like Melbourne Storm. You know, just because Cameron Smith is seen as that, you know, he is an immortal in waiting, it doesn't mean Billy Slater can't be. And I think it's the same argument for these two that.
Speaker 2: You mentioned it.
Speaker 1: But Doie, this is you've worked this up today, so this is to issue this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just was fascinated breath by this misconception out there that people say this is a.
Speaker 4: Great Penmouth team. It's more than a team.
Speaker 3: This is now, this dynasty is now spanning two generations. You can see here from Round one twenty twenty when they started their run all beat they got beaten in the Grand Final to round one in Vegas.
Speaker 4: There's only four players still there. To be fair, Dylan Edwards and.
Speaker 3: To toy I wasn't there in Vegas, and Dylan Edwards wasn't there in round one in twenty twenty. Excuse me through injury, but it just proves to me and proved everybody that this is now spanning two three generations.
Speaker 4: It's not just one side.
Speaker 3: People should remember that and it makes their achieved it's even more meritorious.
Speaker 1: Which shows, like you said, how important Liam Martin isa. We know clear he is. That's that's a given right. But to have two back rowers who have had the impact on a team, and you talk about generational that have won four Premierships in a row, have lost, Crichton, Burton, you name it. The list goes on Taruva kick out. You can keep naming Boris, but to have too Cleary's Cleary. But to have two back rowers that can change games, that have that are just well, Martin's a beast.
Speaker 2: Those like a half that's playing thirteen.
Speaker 1: But can also score from ten or fifteen meters out like you're one of the best back rowers that's ever played the game.
Speaker 2: Gordy, what do you think, Liam Martin?
Speaker 6: These two absolutely like the Pendu blokes would teasing me the night after the game said he would have bashed me, and I would have loved the challenge. But he's a guy like when you're watching your play, state of Origin, whatever, no matter what happens, he goes to the collision, he goes to the contest, he's not scared, so he's he would have been a nightmare to play against. There's no doubt. And then right now with Olwatu and all these big, great athletes and kickout, he's well, he's probably the best backroller.
Speaker 5: In the game.
Speaker 3: And it's the consistency too, with the consistency of their success that sustained success. Because, like you say, Gordy was a great player in his day, Sam Burgess was another great player. You could keep going on, Glenn Lazarus.
Speaker 7: There's so many great players.
Speaker 3: But I think what stands out for me with Isaiah is the leadership and the way that this team has continued its success with so many players leading.
Speaker 6: Take out, his passing, bring.
Speaker 3: Another team, developing another team from within is what what Penrith do and these guys, they just lead the way. And he's a Bradley Clyde complete. He's a modern day non provnit Is probably and There's fortunate, but he just he's unsung ways. It just reminds you of he's such a gentleman on and off the field, and he's just you know.
Speaker 2: Well, Nathan Cleary may not be the player he is without Isaiah. You know, we won't know that because they only ever played together.
Speaker 1: But honestly, like what he does for Nathan, he's just gives you so much time and space, which leads me to this next one. It is the comparison in halves the Panthers taking on the Sharks on the weekend, which was a great game, but the comparison in the halves for both teams in critical moments.
Speaker 2: How did you see cruels?
Speaker 7: I thought there was.
Speaker 3: There was a couple of sets in particular that just summed up Nathan's calmness and influence on that team and the way that look it was leading up to that Dame Lorry try where it put them ahead, you know at the end of the game to twenty eight twenty two did it finish up? And you just have to watch how smart they so Jack Cole was initially feeding the scrum. At the last second he's dropped the ball, Lorrie's run in from the left wing, Cole's run across.
Speaker 7: They've stacked this right edge.
Speaker 3: Liam Martin will have to go back over it because Cleary's turned martin In to run at stone Street, who was the winger rover on the opposite side. You'll see stone Street over there and he'll sprint across when he drops the ball. Then Cleary will turn martin In run straight at stone Street. Then the very next play they go straight back at that edge and they score where he would have been defending. And it starts at training. Every single player knows their job. They have the calmness on the field to pick the moment when they're going.
Speaker 2: To do it.
Speaker 5: A coach there and waiting and it just works.
Speaker 7: Was actually my son that pointed it out to me.
Speaker 3: But anyway, you watch Cronulla later in the game and they had a set where you know, they were attacking Penris line.
Speaker 7: And there was just nothing doing like it was just.
Speaker 3: So methodical and why and how are they so methodical ahead of the best, But you can't tell me all that other clubs don't practice not perfect day. This is what we're talking about, Doggie, because I had this set where they had six tackles on the line.
Speaker 7: That was the only shot passes there.
Speaker 5: They score, the Santa passes to the winner and they score. There's certain things that's.
Speaker 1: A culture thing. They're so good Crawls. You're right, right, this is the difference, right, There is a difference when the game is on the line and you need to come up with a big play. This is like this, right, Yeah, this is what separates and great team. But this is why Kraala Sharks will continue to make the finals and top four every year. But can they take that next step to win a premiership. This is their challenge because they've got Trindle and Heinz there. Trindle was the dominant half on the weekend and was I thought he had a great game. Heins was a little bit quiet, started the game well. But with Penrith, you just know if they're in the game and they hang in there, it's either going to be Cleary. They don't have Lu anymore, but it's going to be Yo, or it's going to be Cleary or just one of their players. Normally Cleary who comes up with that big play when they need it the most. And that's like most teams. You've got Munster and Jerome. He's a saying on three sixty last night in Vegas. You've got these teams that have got these key players that we knew premierships. The Sharks. Their problem is is trendle end or Hines the right combinational players that can get them to that next level.
Speaker 7: It's round one. They've got a season to get it right.
Speaker 3: I think what we saw over there was that Coronella now have a roster with Panua Blake in that team where they're capable. They have, but it's going to come down to the halfbacks doing the job. And there was another concern that I just a couple of the defensive efforts from the fullback Will Kennedy on the week, and I thought were quite concerning. I don't know what you blokes would think if we get a chance to have a look at those, but there was two stride scored. Kennedy hardly makes an effort in this one, and then on the next one that we'll see clear he does trick him. He moves to one side, then he goes back. But even so I thought that the effort from Kennedy would So you watch this. If that's Clint Gufferson made, he's going one hundred miles an hour to get to that.
Speaker 6: But that's the difference, right, So those last two plays, right when Talakai hits it and Raymond you have a look like the black jerseys that are in the picture.
Speaker 5: When they put a play on.
Speaker 6: Nathan Cleary has got so many options and he can hit three right when when other side is put on a play, it's selfish, so they go there's one, there's one other.
Speaker 2: I'm getting to.
Speaker 3: On this though, Like we talk about the Hars, you know that they've got Daniel Atkinson waiting in the wings and Trindle is clearly leading this side at the moment. You just wonder if if Niko being the running player, he plays his best football when he runs the ball, would there be an option down the track of it doesn't work to move him back.
Speaker 2: It could be And by no means is this a knock on?
Speaker 1: Because Kerala are playing four premierships in a row and they lost by six points, right, and they're going to they're going to make the finals with ease ay and to canter into the finals and they probably will my top four.
Speaker 2: If not, they're going to be on the edge.
Speaker 1: But all we're saying is if they want to be a premiership winning team, then do they have the capabilities to do that? I think they do. But can they get there? Can Hines get there? Can Trindle get there? It's up to them too. They've got Adam Fernour Blake there now, they've got really good outside backs, a really solid back three and forward pack. Now it's really going to come down to those big moments. Now, let's lighten things up a little bit. You've written a story tomorrow on Nathan Cleary.
Speaker 2: What's all this about?
Speaker 4: I wrote it in my column called Bulldogs.
Speaker 3: But I've just said in the column Braith that sooner rather than later Nathan might have to take the plunge and move. He's in love with Mary Fowler. I don't want to make this all soppy, but clearly they love a good job. They talking about marriage and they talk about me. Me.
Speaker 4: Nathan, there's your message from.
Speaker 1: Me, Please follow your heart. Best wishes Dennis the bull from Richie.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've got a lot of experience.
Speaker 2: Necessarily, he's going to listen to you.
Speaker 4: I've got a lot of experience.
Speaker 2: Now I've got I've got I've got to Vegas.
Speaker 5: Right, so Nathan goes to playing the English.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, goody, that Mary can't come here because the opportunities in a global sport aren't available here.
Speaker 6: Okay, So then Nathan and his twenty eight next birthday could go and play for a week.
Speaker 2: So silly.
Speaker 5: But what happens if Mary goes and plays soccer in America?
Speaker 4: Obviously things will change. That's a big if in there.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying, is there a chance that Nathan, who's achieved everything in the game right now for premierships.
Speaker 2: Is just seven, He's just turned twenties.
Speaker 3: He's coming into his best years year thirty six.
Speaker 8: I know, But how long do you want to keep you having a lot of relationship for You're saying that he should leave him now because the friend overseas, the time may come if keep playing.
Speaker 1: It wasn't Mary Fowler. It was just it was just not Mary Fowler. So people do people do exactly, But you'd have the same opinion if it wasn't Mary Fowl.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, if if Nathan's achieved everything, how long does he want to keep playing in the same competition, in the same team. Does he want to go and start a family and if he wants to, there is an opportunity to go and play.
Speaker 2: Idea.
Speaker 5: Would you move to the north North of England with.
Speaker 2: A love of my life? Absolutely?
Speaker 5: You know I'm an old romantic.
Speaker 2: I would go.
Speaker 4: In a flash, Gordon, we need some music game Flash Gordon.
Speaker 3: Google, You'll be you know what when he announced it in a couple of years, he's going to play.
Speaker 2: He started a couple of years.
Speaker 4: Now you said, I said sooner rather than later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then we'll see.
Speaker 7: He's not going anywhere.
Speaker 2: He's not going anywhere. What do we.
Speaker 4: Three cold beers?
Speaker 2: Three? What about Ricky's ambush?
Speaker 1: The Raiders were the most impressive team to come out of Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: The way that they played was scintillating. It really was. I think it shocked us all. We didn't expect that.
Speaker 1: They were fast, they were clinical, and they had off flows. They were a different team, you know, the young The evolution over the preseason of players that have clearly taken their games to a new level over the off season was evident.
Speaker 2: It was great to watch. I loved it. What did you guys think I.
Speaker 4: Thought it was sparkling. It really ignited the stadium, didn't it.
Speaker 3: Because the previous game over there, Wigan were up by thirty eight points, So someone a team needed to really spark the crowd, and it was the Raiders. As you said, Bak clinical. Their passing was put at their speed. Ricky's really put together a brilliant young team down there, a bit of experience and I think perhaps in the next year or two they could be knocking on the door.
Speaker 6: I'm thought it was going to be a battle of the big boys in the middle right because of Papa and Tarpnay versus Fisher Harris. It was the smaller and grateful and that's what I noticed, like the speed, the way the Raiders played and just been able to find their gaps.
Speaker 5: And Savage was unbelievable.
Speaker 6: I think he got he got engaged at the Lagi Fountain and scored a couple of great tries.
Speaker 3: Savage had a great season last year. Joey Topitten got their part of the year, but he wasn't far behind. And I remember speaking to Ricky at the start of last season. He said, I remember saying, this is you know, the fastest backs we've had here at the start of last season with all these young guys coming through and they just had speed.
Speaker 7: Ye maybe since.
Speaker 3: He has he's built this team and that's what I really admire about what they did.
Speaker 7: And then they went over there.
Speaker 3: And the style of footy they played, and you guys brought it up in commentary.
Speaker 7: There were so many offloads.
Speaker 3: But even when a few of them went bad at this time of the year, teams you said it last night, Gordon, you put the ball under your arm and you tuck it in and you try not to make mistakes. They went the other way, and even when there was a few mistakes, the young guys continued to back themselves and it just really took the energy out of the warring.
Speaker 2: It was great. Tom Starling was great and Savage Savage.
Speaker 1: Savage has always had the ability to speed, the pedigree.
Speaker 2: He's like a race horse.
Speaker 1: The last couple he's been to be green, right, so he you know, he's come up with errors at times, like they put the blinkers on, and this year he's just he's just ran straight, hard and fast and killed them, not only with his finishes, but even coming out of his own en he looks like he's put a bit of size on. He was making meaters at ease and getting those quick play the balls and Starling, who's quick and elusive at the best of times, off the back of those offloads, huts and young and looks strong and powerful. You know, it's only round one, but great signs for the Raiders. Now, Ricky, you know, he looked like he had a bit of an.
Speaker 2: Astra grind after the game. He does, he always does, but.
Speaker 1: We always know he likes. He likes to have his back against the wall. That's the mentality he thrives off it. He did it again right like that was his Well.
Speaker 3: It would drive him mad because he loves Canberra so much and he knows that the young talent that's he's working and building here. And when he sees someone, and it might just be one person, put him as a wooden spurner, suddenly it's everyone in the media.
Speaker 5: So does Ricky hold grudges.
Speaker 3: I'm sure fantastic how he uses them?
Speaker 2: He needs that. Everybody needs.
Speaker 7: Years.
Speaker 2: That's what he is.
Speaker 5: It's always been us with him.
Speaker 2: Wayne.
Speaker 6: Wayne is exactly the same. Wayne actually has won't give us a chance, but not as much as Ricky. Ricky talks about it more in the media, where Wayne is more in the dressing room.
Speaker 3: People don't give the Raiders a chance, though, and I think that's what's impressibly. They find it very hard to recruit, like top shelf players just don't get them. They have to build from the ground up like Penrith have done. And he can see the fruits of that labor coming through at the moment.
Speaker 7: And I'll tell you the other.
Speaker 3: Thing that I was really struck with this Raiders performance was the defense, the stealing their defense, the energy, the just the aggression. And in past years it's always been a bit of a problem for the Raiders. They finished off last season so well with some big wins, but that was the other thing.
Speaker 7: They just held that line the other day.
Speaker 1: I love their half Strange. He was really good last year and in this game. He went a bit under the radar in this game because everyone else was so good. But for a young half, Jesus well beyond his years and he's a player in the future.
Speaker 2: Well he's a great player now, but he's only going to get better now.
Speaker 1: The tarpening incident, the suspension, we spoke about that on last night show with buzz Ricky wasn't too happy with it. It is a bit contentious. Was it too severe the suspension that he did get.
Speaker 4: I think a syndhym was enough.
Speaker 3: Look, if we're going to start suspending star players, can't do that, okay, the word star out. If we're going to start suspending players for that kind of tackle or action, we're gonna have a lot of players on.
Speaker 4: The sideline all year.
Speaker 3: And I don't want the game to be robbed of big name players or any players through instance like that.
Speaker 4: Gordy, that was enough.
Speaker 5: That's a soft one break.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is.
Speaker 4: I look at that series.
Speaker 2: It's a shoulder charge right, there was no but that's that's what it is.
Speaker 1: So are we saying that we would have all been happy with the sinbin and that's it?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The problem for the NRL Low Dog is that they've they've put this rule in place. This shoulder charge has been outlawed for some time, and it came about for very good reasons because it was a dangerous tackle. But in this instance, I don't think that was a terrible shoulder charge.
Speaker 5: Shoulder charge, no clash in the head.
Speaker 3: And suffice and when you when you lose a player for two weeks for that tackle, and I'll go on to the next one where Savage cops a week for content act on the on the kick.
Speaker 4: Again, Look, it's a penalty, that's what it is.
Speaker 7: These suspensions are over the top.
Speaker 3: We had it with Jared will We were hard graves last year where he paid the price for his bad record and there was a tackle where he got was it four weeks.
Speaker 7: And it just didn't deserve it.
Speaker 3: There's contact with a leg cruils. Again, my argument, if we're going to rub players out for that, we're going to have a list as long as a suburbs.
Speaker 5: You can't hit both you're a kicker. This is a tough one.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can't make contact with the leg.
Speaker 1: I understand on report, but I find it hard even you know, obviously players get severe injuries when you know the defenses attacked the league, right, but that this is this.
Speaker 3: Is really there's got to be some discretion break sure where they used to zoom in and die.
Speaker 1: Of course he was he wasn't really intending like a missile on taking his legs out or anything. The pressure it was key pressure. So it's a bit of a gray area. And that one's hard to judge. And you know, I think we'll probably be arguing about this for the rest of the year.
Speaker 2: But steak around shame. It is a shame to steik around.
Speaker 1: Plenty more to come after the shower with Stephen Crichton in that special edition of Face to.
Speaker 3: Face Captain of the Year last year, how did you take to it like a duck to water.
Speaker 9: I'll be honest with you, I kind of lost myself at the start. It was a mad lesson for myself to lead myself before I can leave the team.
Speaker 4: Blake just put it on CD.
Speaker 9: This lesson is probably the lesson I give to a lot of the younger boys right now, and like, you're not as good as you think you are. And up until then I was really relying on my talent. After that, every rep at training I went one hundred percent in everything that I did Stephen.
Speaker 5: Set up.
Speaker 9: I'm always pinched myself at the position that I'm in right now, but trying not to dwell on it too much as well. I'm still young and the sky is the limit to