Speaker 1: Maths.
Speaker 2: What a journey Joe's. We've met so many unbelievable, unique individual characters. We've met Jesse, we've met Melissa as well. It's time now to meet I reckon. The most interesting character on this.
Speaker 3: Experiment, the most interesting.
Speaker 4: Yes, I think one of the experts has called him the most controversial of all.
Speaker 1: Time, certainly the most talked about.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly what do you think about that? Harrison?
Speaker 5: Well that's a very flattering intro. Thank you very much. The most interesting? I look, I'll take it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I binged watched about eight episodes yesterday, Harrison.
Speaker 3: So I feel like I know you pretty well by now.
Speaker 5: You know about one percent? Yeah, I say, if you watch the.
Speaker 4: Show, yeah, are you playing a bit of a character or are they just.
Speaker 3: Portraying you as a bit of a villain? What's going on here?
Speaker 5: Look? I heard Johnny say the other day there's no such things bad edit, and I have to agree. I think I think there is some things to do with the editing where you can catch out. Okay, they used a reply that I did one comment over here instead of to there, and look, there is there is a TV show to be made. But what I will say is You've got to remember math is basically the one percent of what the audience is one percent of the one hundred percent of everything we shoot over three months, and the one percent that you see is the worst one percent. The stuff that's going to make great television. The rest of the stuff is pretty boring. It's like us making a coffee or just having a chat about our day. The stuff that the audience sees is like, you know, it's the explosive stuff, it's the controversial stuff. And yeah, so just keep that in mind, and and remember that, you know, I'm not I'm not an arrogant asshole all of the time, just most of the time, but not all of the time.
Speaker 2: Did you know Harrison that it was going to go down this path early?
Speaker 1: Like? Did you did you get a bit of.
Speaker 5: Yeah, about two hours into the wedding, I think about it. I was like, all right, I'm going to be that guy.
Speaker 3: Well, whether it's the creative editing or not.
Speaker 4: I did watch yesterday and I thought, gosh, he's kind of gas lighting her a bit and not really taking much responsibility.
Speaker 3: But you reckon, that's just the way it's put together.
Speaker 5: Well, like, just to push back on that, a little bit right if I'm saying, if I'm saying, yeah, I was dating around, but I'm here now, how much more responsibility could I take?
Speaker 1: Okay, so well, last time at the.
Speaker 5: Dinner party, I've gone, yeah, okay, that's who I was, But I'm here now. Yeah, I mean, I mean, I don't understand where the gas lighting or where the lack of accountability is. Like, I've put my hand up for it. I've admitted to it. It's not like I've lied about it. I mean, people, the feedback I've gotten is that people just don't like my type of honesty. But the thing is, we've had people on previous seasons which have lied and swirmed their way out of things, haven't owned anything, and then it comes out in the long run. It's like people said, oh, we want someone honest, we want a real person. They get it, and they don't like how I'm honest and real.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I guess where that comes from is the fact that when it did upset her, then she was you know, you were sort of like, that's on.
Speaker 5: You responsible for other people's feelings. When you're being honest about who you are and how you feel.
Speaker 1: Truth can hurt John.
Speaker 3: I know I'm very brutal defending here a little bit, saying she was upset, and she's oh, I.
Speaker 5: Love the pushback. But yeah, you've got to remember that if we're having a conversation and you're telling me how you feel, right, are you then responsible for if I get upset about that? No, you're You're just being honest and like that's that's where being a mature adult comes in and you can sit down and actually have a conversation.
Speaker 3: So is Harrison gas lighting me?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 5: How conversations work?
Speaker 1: Okay? So if we're going to play good cop bad.
Speaker 3: They give a man's plaining Harris, Now I'm in.
Speaker 1: I can't win.
Speaker 5: I just can't win.
Speaker 2: Hey, So, if we're gonna play good cod bad cop, what about this Harrison? So I from what I can see as well, and maybe this is an alternate theory. So the story about everything that was happening outside which ended up turning into beloney, it feels like the other couples have still held onto that story and they've locked it in as fact.
Speaker 5: About the other girl you're talking about, Yes, yeah it was. It's actually a bit disappointing. Like I was watching last night, even the experts were referring to like a partner on the outside and all that sort of stuff. I'm like, guys, you knew exactly who I was coming in here. I didn't shy away from the fact that I was dating. All the producers knew, the experts news. So I just find it like a bit disingenuous that they're like pretending like they didn't know, or and then pretending like I was in some sort of a relationship, Like and I can say her name now because it's all over the media. Abby is a great girl. You know. We had a lot of fun, but there's no there was no committed relationship there. Like we both knew, like Abby had just got off the Bachelor, she couldn't be seen with anyone I had. I hadn't been given a wedding date yet, but I'd sort of more or less said yes to mass So, I mean, we both knew that this was a match that wasn't going anywhere. It was it wasn't made in reality TV, you know, heaven it was. It was essentially, there's no future here. Let's just have a little bit of fun, you know, until until such time as I had to go in or whatever happens. You know, we don't know what the future holds. And Abby wasn't the only girl, so it's it's not like it's not like I was dishonest about it or hit it from anyone. And you saw at the wedding. As soon as I was called out for it, I was like, yeah, okay, like yeah, I was. I was dating around. I was dating multiple women, Like you know, I hadn't found what I was looking for. That's why I'm here. And the the thing is that most of the people in the experiment, we're also dating up until the point that they went into the experiment. Melinda wasn't. And Melinda made a really good point. She's like, well, if you have the ability to find someone, why are you here and you don't actually see me Stay to Melinda at their dinner party, I said, well, if you're not dating and you haven't found someone and you're here and I am dating and I haven't found someone and I'm here, then measuring by the same metric, we both deserve to be here. And then Melinda didn't have an answer for that. You know, you just see me. Every time I get a question post to me, they just cut to me. And it's like in reality, I'm actually quite quick on my feet. So yeah, look, there's a couple of things with the with the editing that I I can pick up just watching myself back. But you've got to remember we're there to make a television, so it's not a documentary. A lot of it is for entertainment, so you know, you just have to sort of swallow that feel.
Speaker 2: I guess mate, if you said everything that you thought people wanted to hear, the show would be boring. So your honesty is appreciated.
Speaker 1: I'll say that, Team Harrison, thank you.
Speaker 5: That's really nice of you to say that. I haven't actually had any one to say that yet, so thank you.
Speaker 2: Before we let you go, Harrison, there's a quick little game that we'd like to play with you, if that's okay, because we just want to get.
Speaker 1: A bit of inside.
Speaker 3: Explaining with Harrison. That's a podcast down the track.
Speaker 1: That's definitely yeah, don't ruin it.
Speaker 2: We want to play a game called fairy Tale or Fail. So just a quick little rating out of ten of all the couples or the main couples that are going through it. Ten being a little fairy tale forever. If it looks like or it feels like these two were meant to be together and one being an absolute dismal fail. So can we start with an obvious one? Cam and Lyndall.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, that's that's the fairy tale. They are lovely people. A lot of respects for Cam, one of my best mates. And yeah, yeah, beautiful couple.
Speaker 1: Okay, and oh.
Speaker 5: Definite fairy tale. Yeah, love those.
Speaker 1: Two, beautiful Melissa and Josh.
Speaker 5: Melissa and Josh, well you can see from episode one there where and last night at the dinner party things that aren't going well for them. So I'd be very interested to see where they go in the future together because it seems like they speaking two different languages. Melissa's love language seems to be rooting and Josh's love language is definitely you know, well, I can't even remember the five love languages now, but I think I think if there is one about being intellectual and deep talk, that's definitely Josh.
Speaker 3: I kind of love how horny mill is. I kind of like it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know. It kind of really puts me off, to be honest. Yeah, if that's all you talk about, like there's no depth to a person. If all they talk about.
Speaker 1: Is sex Jesse and Claire.
Speaker 5: I would like to thank Jesse for taking the heat off me get the party for about five minutes. So Jesse, if you're listening, shout out, brother, thank you for that. Look another couple of to a difficult start. But I think that Claire is quite passionate. I think that if she puts the passion into the marriage like she is, I can really see Claire trying at the moment, and I think Jesse just needs a bit of time to get out of his own head. So I think I think there's potential there and I'll be very interested to see where those two go.
Speaker 1: Okay, last one, Harrison and Bronte.
Speaker 5: Oh, total fairy tale guys. But no fairytale would be complete without a challenge that the protagonists have to overcome exactly right.
Speaker 4: Exactly just before we let you go, Harrison, you mentioned the girl on the outside. Her name is Abby. We've got an Abby who reads our news for us. Can we confirm or deny this was you?
Speaker 3: Abby? I will not be making any comments at this time. Morning Abby, Morning Harrison.
Speaker 4: But you do love Harrison though I do, I think I'm one of my favorite.
Speaker 5: Oh thank you.
Speaker 4: That's really sweet, no worries, but yeah, hopefully it doesn't work out, because you're quite welcome to come to Adelaide.
Speaker 5: Having you and not one of my favorites.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, Harrison, thank you so much. If you can't handle the smoke, don't light the fire. I don't mind that philosophy.
Speaker 3: Well done.
Speaker 5: Bye, guys, Thank you so much for having me on Teez made all the best you too, Thank you you, babe,