Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Where's Your Head At?
Speaker 2: Hotline, our weekly show where we catch up with each other and connect with you all on our hotline voicemail.
Speaker 3: We want to hear from you, guys, so please send your stories, questions, advice or tea So Where's your Head at pod at gmail dot com to be featured on one of our episodes. I'm Anna and I'm Matt.
Speaker 2: Let's jump in. Hello everyone, Hello Matthew.
Speaker 3: Hello Anna. What's going on? And something exciting I feels in the air today.
Speaker 1: It is a huge day for us.
Speaker 2: I was awake at five am because, as you know, today we drop our merch.
Speaker 3: How good is this? Anna? I'm going to say, look, I'm not sexually attracted to you, but in that top you are doing some things. It looks unreal. Have a look at it. This is the this is the gray one that we're both running at the moment.
Speaker 1: It was twinning this morning. I know we didn't know which one.
Speaker 2: I thought Matt might have chosen the black, so I was like, I'll go to the opposing I'll go the gray mile.
Speaker 1: But we've both rolled.
Speaker 2: In looking at like twins, which I'm not mad about. How excited are you? To be dropping merch? Is this crazy?
Speaker 3: I know, it's been a long time in the making. We've been going back and forth on this for ages we were coming and our ring. It's just been a real process. But we've got there and now we're here and we can't wait to share it with everyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like everyone's always saying to us, why haven't you dropped merch? Like are you guys going to do merch? And the real reason why we didn't drop merch earlier is because we actually set ourselves some goals that we had to accomplish before we felt like almost like we were deserving to kind of sell merched.
Speaker 1: Don't you reckon?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that was a conversation we had. We're like, all right, well, we don't want to just come out, you know, l like everyone else stars have a podcast and then just drop merch.
Speaker 1: Don't throw shame.
Speaker 3: I was throwing shade. I'm not throwing shape. But it's what a lot of podcasts do. They start a podcasting, let's sell merch straight away, you know what I mean? Like it's hot. We're like, no, let's set some goals for us that we can do then, so we do it. So what were some of those goals in okay.
Speaker 2: So the first goal we set for ourselves as we wanted to hit a million listens, which, to be honest, when we set that goal, we didn't know if that was an achievable goal, Like that seemed like a bit far fetch.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: No, I did I think a lot. As I read back on the goals that we have here that we wrote, I think a lot of them. I was like, hah, all right, let's do this, Let's see how we go. But we got them all done.
Speaker 2: Like we were like, reach for the stars, let's make them big ones. So the next one we did is was just really simple. We wanted to have the podcast for at least a year. We ticked that box. Our podcast, they feel like has just kept growing, like we did two episodes a week now, so a year done. Next one was we wanted to do a live show.
Speaker 3: Done.
Speaker 1: A lot of our team we're like, oh, you should.
Speaker 2: Do merch for the live show, but we were like, no, we want to just like see see if.
Speaker 4: We're good.
Speaker 3: Selling tickets first, let's.
Speaker 2: Get able to come to the show. Let's try and do our best, let's not fuck it up and we'll.
Speaker 4: Do that, I know.
Speaker 3: Another one was get over a million views on a TikTok oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we did that at the end of last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that was one, and that was we were like, yes, we've got ticked another box.
Speaker 1: What did that TikTok get?
Speaker 3: I think it's on six point one million views, which is crazy, still moving.
Speaker 1: And the last one was.
Speaker 2: Which you wouldn't believe that this was on the list and was probably one of the hardest things that we had to achieve, But it was just to not fight for two months, to not bicker.
Speaker 3: We've done well. Actually, we've done very well coming out of that December month as well.
Speaker 2: I mean we did have like a two week break, so it made it mildly easier to not fight for two months, but we did it nonetheless. So we have merch guys that we have three pieces that we're starting with.
Speaker 1: So we have the gray mild tea that.
Speaker 2: Says Wyha and then Est twenty and twenty one.
Speaker 3: I personally love this this color gray. Literally, I reckon it's my favorite color shirt. It's like that real like vintage sort of look. It looks like like what we're going for.
Speaker 1: The college tea sort of college style.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I love my vintage teas. We know that, and this one will fit handsomely into my wardrobe, into my collection.
Speaker 2: Now we have the black tea it says where's your header esty twenty one because we started the podcast in twenty twenty one. And then we have a tote because I just feel like we love a tote.
Speaker 1: We both use them.
Speaker 3: I can see myself walking down to South Melbourne Market getting all my fresh products, fresh fruit, fresh.
Speaker 1: Vegetables, seeing fresh fresh produce.
Speaker 3: My fresh produce with this or my fresh fruit, my fresh vegetables, putting it into my tope bag, and walking home.
Speaker 1: We're hipstars, very hell.
Speaker 3: As you walk into our house, we have these hooks and they've got tope bags hanging there. So we've got like, I think, country road one. I can't like a moa one. And then I got one from Taco Bill when I went there and had a big night there. They gave me one for some reason. So I've got that hanging there, and then this one will fit perfectly on that rack.
Speaker 1: Or do we just clear the shelf?
Speaker 3: Where's your head? So you grab them as you go shopping? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, anyway, guys, we really hope that you love the merch. We spent a lot of time designing it, back and forth.
Speaker 3: We nearly had arguments on designing it.
Speaker 2: So know, Matt and I sometimes don't see eye So for us to pick three products that we both love, we hope that you guys love them.
Speaker 3: Too as much as we do. And for our first hundred customers, we have a little surprise in there, don't we know we do well. I love being sentimental. We know that my gifts are sentimental, so I thought it'd be nice for us to do a little sentimental gift. So I've printed off a photo of Anna and myself and we will give you a personal message on the back.
Speaker 1: Very HiPE Matt. And speaking of sentiment, you know how at the end.
Speaker 2: Of last year, I gave you your Birthday present like six to eight months late, probably more like eight months, but that's okay, And then you ended up giving me a little Christmas present. Well, since you're so sentimental, I found I reckon the most sentimental gift that you could ever receive.
Speaker 3: Oh my head's sticking over.
Speaker 2: I guess, like, what's something that you love more than anything in the world?
Speaker 3: Coffee? And I got you a thank you. I don't know you tell me.
Speaker 1: Okay, close your eyes.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm actually so excited to give that this gift open.
Speaker 3: Don't put my hand out.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, do not explain what it is.
Speaker 3: So Anna has got me, which is very cute and very funny, but I've got story behind this, very sentimental. She's got me my own little sausage dogs. Where do you find this?
Speaker 2: It was in a little gift shop and there was this like girling guy. It was the last one. There was this girling guy.
Speaker 1: Being like, this is so cute. This person would like it, and I was like, do not buy that. I was like had my eyes glued to it.
Speaker 2: And they put it down and I literally snatched it up and went straight to the counter. It's like a little sausage dog, and it's like stretchy. It's kind of like a stress ball.
Speaker 3: It's like a stressful Yeah, it's the same stress ball.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, and I feel like you've had quite a stressful couple of months, and I'm like, let's get mad a stress ball in the form of a sausage dog.
Speaker 1: What better gift?
Speaker 3: Thank you? I've got to be honest with you now, Oh god, what Jenny and I have one of these. So I've got so but but yes, so've We've got a brown one and this blonde one, and there are so like we want a brown sausage dog called Ready and a blonde one called Sage. Yeah, but she gets to keep Sage, so this will be my Sage that I keep. So I'll keep this on my bedside tape.
Speaker 2: So I'm like sitting here thinking I've just got that best gift ever.
Speaker 1: And he has it.
Speaker 3: Well, we found him in Hamilton Island, in a gift shop in Hamilton Island. Yeah, random matts. So that's that's very cute, very thoughtful. Give you a hug. I don't think I wasn't expecting that.
Speaker 2: I didn't give you a proper hug because I didn't want to get makeup on your merch.
Speaker 1: I was like, I want that to look Christine.
Speaker 3: For the video, thank you, Thank you for that. Anna. I yeah, I really appreciate that. That will go on my bedside table.
Speaker 1: That's all good.
Speaker 2: Well, look, guys, there is a link in our description if you'd like to get the merch and let's get into today's hotline.
Speaker 1: Hello, you've reached Anna and Nutt.
Speaker 3: We can't get to the phone right now, but.
Speaker 2: Please leave us a message on our hotline after the beep.
Speaker 1: Okay, Matt.
Speaker 2: So, this week we had a bunch of absolute gold in our voicemail, and our producer Alex has chosen a few for us to listen to.
Speaker 3: Okay, So, the first one comes from Harry.
Speaker 5: I guess I didn't tell you, guys, but I think your podcast is one of the best podcasts I've ever done.
Speaker 4: This is good questions.
Speaker 5: How good you guys bounce off each other, like.
Speaker 2: Genuinely, like.
Speaker 5: You guys had really really good questions And I felt I left that podcast really really good. So if no one's told you you guys that, I think you guys should be really proud of yourselves.
Speaker 3: And you got something something special. That's really sweet of him.
Speaker 1: Man, doesn't that warm your heart?
Speaker 3: Does? Are you tearing up?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No? Yeah, that's really nice of him because obviously he has his own podcast. We know that he does the Rounds, he goes on a lot of podcasts, a lot of radio shows. For him to say that that's really nice, that's really sweet and just shows and gives us that confidence, yeah, and recognition for something that we've done. And I really like to hear that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was really sweet. He didn't have to do that.
Speaker 2: As you said, He's been on a lot of podcasts and has been interviewed by a lot of people around the world, so for him to kind of like make a comment like that about our podcast, I mean, I'm just like very proud of us.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's a.
Speaker 2: Very like heartwarming, like start to the day selling Mesh.
Speaker 1: We got we got the nice little compliment from.
Speaker 3: Harry, and we're about to hear what the other people have in the hot line, so hopefully they don't lower their tone. This one comes from Victoria.
Speaker 4: Okay, hey guys, I'm Victoria.
Speaker 6: I went on a date with this guy last year and he was just not it, you know. So I met up with him and he was kind of worse than his pictures, Like his pictures were like a five and then he.
Speaker 3: Was like a four.
Speaker 4: Anyway, we were talking and I felt like.
Speaker 6: An interview and he knew, like I told him that I had ADHD and he was like, oh, yeah, I've got a stepsister like that, so I know all about it. And then he turned around and said, I don't see ADHD as a disability now, I have ADHD and I work in a support so like I know all about it, you know.
Speaker 4: And anyways, I was like okay. Then we were talking.
Speaker 6: He turned around and asked with his like, so, what do you like when you're frustrated?
Speaker 4: And I was like, well, tind of a question is that? I what do you mean? And he goes, I just want to know what I'm getting myself into.
Speaker 6: Talking some more and he's like, so would you do, like any heavy work and I was like, yeah, Like what do you mean. He goes pick up a shovel and he's like I was like yeah, and he goes, I just noticed that get nails done.
Speaker 4: Oh I haven't broken now as well. I was like, needing.
Speaker 6: I was getting my nails done the next day. I don't need to have my nails done to not do heavy work.
Speaker 4: You know, or pick up a shovel.
Speaker 6: As he said, Anyways, we're talking some more and he I was like, oh, yeah, so what did you do after high school? I noticed that you like, we're in the army and he's like, oh, yeah, I was in the army for a year. And I was like, oh, I have a mate whose fiancee at the time was in the Navy and.
Speaker 4: He goes, no, they're completely different.
Speaker 6: I was like, I'm sorry, I'm not the one that's dating the guy Navy, Like I know one's a water and one's a dot, but I don't know what the difference was.
Speaker 4: And then he said that he was in it for a year.
Speaker 6: Now, that's a massive red flag if you're in the Navy for a year.
Speaker 4: And so I called my friend after and.
Speaker 6: She told him, and he said, you can only be in the military for a minimum of four years. And he goes, there's no way you could leave the military after a year unless you've been psyched out or got a criminal record, like there's no other way sort of thing. I was like, oh shit, what a massive red flag, right, what is he not telling me? And then later on we were talking about what we look.
Speaker 4: For in people and all that, and I.
Speaker 6: Said, oh, yeah, I look for honesty because in my last relationship situationship, the guy that broke up with me, he told me that he wasn't ready for one for a couple of months and then he got with some chip the next day, so that was great. So I said, oh, yeah, me too, like I like honesty too, And then he's like, well, I'm honest because I'm a dick, and you're honest because you can't help it.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, well thanks.
Speaker 6: And it turns out it was his first Tinder date or first day in general, because he had a lassical X. We were talking about communication and he would only message me in twenty minute increment sort of thing, and he was like, oh, yeah, I'm not on my phone a lot sort of thing. He goes like, I'd see your message, but like I would just reply to it later.
Speaker 2: And all that.
Speaker 4: And I was like, well, if you really like someone, you make the time to message them, you know.
Speaker 6: So then after the date, I like said thank you for the day and then blocked him because like, I'm not wasting my time on that.
Speaker 4: It's just not worth it.
Speaker 3: Okay, So first of all, a.
Speaker 1: Lot there is a lot to unpack the.
Speaker 3: Yes, Victoria Vicky. There is a lot of red flags with this guy. He could have just like, can't you design the army as well? You like ditch who knows?
Speaker 2: But that was just so much like I had heaps of shit to say after the first point she made, never mind ten points later. I mean, there's a lot of red flags with this guy. Why is he saying like, Oh, I don't see ADHD as a disability.
Speaker 1: That's a weird thing to say.
Speaker 3: Sounds very ignorant, Yeah, very stupid.
Speaker 1: And like like I feel like I need to re listen. Yeah, to like listen, we need to real listen. Okay.
Speaker 2: So firstly she's she's given this guy a five out of just from pictures, but then the guy the poor guys have rocked half and she's like, nah, he's a four. Okay, there's obviously nothing worse than going on a first day and someone's interviewing me. I mean, the guy kind of sounds a little bit.
Speaker 1: Like a no it all. What did she say that?
Speaker 2: She was like, oh, I have eighty HG and has kind of like opened up to him about that. And then his first response is, oh, I know everything about that because when my step say start, it's.
Speaker 3: Like no, no, you're not the one living with it every day.
Speaker 2: And also like everyone's different, Like one person's experience is not the same as like someone else's.
Speaker 1: I don't like think that you know me because you don't, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he does sound like a know it all, know it all, and that's a turn off. As well. Isn't it when you go on a date with someone in there and know it all? They're like, oh, I know this, and then they start you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, like, I think it's a worse combination, like an interview style interview mixed with a know it all attitude, Like that has to be the worst first date kind of little mix there is.
Speaker 3: To be fair, I would have already called them in on this date if I was Vicky by now, I.
Speaker 1: Reckon absolutely Okay, let's hear more.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of my exes would have saved themselves a lot of time if they'd ask me that on the first day. Yeah, what do you like when you're frustrated? I get fucking frustrated and really irritable.
Speaker 1: I'm a fucking nightmare, nightmare to deal with.
Speaker 2: It's just such a stupid question to ask someone like on a first day, on a first day, like who is going to be? Like I'm an absolute nightmare run like, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, you have to get to know people.
Speaker 2: And also in saying that, I feel like different personalities affect how you are in you know, conflict situations. For instance, me with my ex boyfriend, you could probably classify me as a nightmare. Me with Michael, I'm pretty understanding. I'm pretty level headed. I definitely don't bite it at him. I'm very like cool, come conflected, I think things through.
Speaker 1: I don't really yell. So like different people are different.
Speaker 3: To say that, with my ex, it was like we were both just two ones that would just go at it and like it would be no if we're frustrated, there was no no resolution to the conflict. We'd just go going at it NonStop. Yeah, it just depends who you're with, I guess.
Speaker 1: So it's a weird question to ask.
Speaker 3: It sounds like this guy would be the worst guy to have it be frustrated with. He sounds like he would be you know it all and.
Speaker 2: You know what, it sounds like. It sounds like he's not a very level headed guy. So he's like trying to check her frustration levels to see if she can deal with him.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe if we listen, well then give it to him. That's pretty smart. Okay, So if a guy asked you Anna, if you do any heavy lifting, I would.
Speaker 1: Say absolutely not. Go fuck yourself. What type of question is that on a first date?
Speaker 2: Would you do any heavy work, And it's almost as if if she does say no, it's like he's.
Speaker 1: Like judging her.
Speaker 3: I just reckon he out of it a landscaping to do in the backyard to give him, he had to move all the crusted rock to think she's.
Speaker 1: On a first day.
Speaker 2: He's doing a job interview for the garden work. Also, it's so rude that he's like pointed out that she has a broken nail. If I had a broken oil and someone pointed it out, I would be like, that is literally grounds for dismissal.
Speaker 3: I would ghost to be fair, Yeah, I wouldn't even notice that on a girl I was on a day broken nail.
Speaker 2: He should be like, yeah, I'm so irritated with this guy, Like I'm off him. Babe, you don't need to do heavy work like he can do the heavy work. I don't feel like you need to like go help him with the help him Like that's a hymn problem, not a year problem.
Speaker 3: I mean, it could be nice for a couple to do some gardening together.
Speaker 1: I mean, if that's up your alley, it's not up mine.
Speaker 3: I mean he could make that time to look very masculine and do the digging for it.
Speaker 1: Could turn her on, like get laid.
Speaker 3: This guy's not getting laid, absolutely not. I don't know enough about military and army rules to really comment on that, but if they're saying that you could either be psyched out or have a criminal record to leave, I think that's saying enough.
Speaker 2: If what they're saying is true, then that is like a really big red flag.
Speaker 3: This guy's a walking red flag, isn't he.
Speaker 2: I Mean she did say that it's his like first hinder day in forever. So maybe he's just like a little bit musty. He's kind of like not really experienced. He's just putting his foot in it left, right and center. And maybe look, maybe this guy could have gone away from that date and thought I absolutely watched the fuck out of that date and I'm not getting a callback, which he didn't.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's self aware. Is that likely from the sound.
Speaker 3: He's gone on multiple dates like that and he's just like, why isn't this working?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm actually scared of this guy, Like I have a sense of like panish.
Speaker 1: It's just like scary.
Speaker 3: Should we move on to the next hot line?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's do it. That was a long one for us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay. So the next one comes in from Jill.
Speaker 7: Okay, Hi man Anna, this is Ireland.
Speaker 1: Hey, okay, thanks.
Speaker 7: So I have a really crazy story about this Army.
Speaker 3: Guy that I used to date again Army guys.
Speaker 7: We're hooking up one night and we were using a condom and I not on the pill. I wasn't at the time either, So then he went home and he messaged me the following morning, I think.
Speaker 4: Asking if I would.
Speaker 7: Be able to take the morning after pill, and I said, oh, why, because we did use the condom, and you know, I didn't think that anything had happened in terms of it like ripping or slipping off, and he was like, oh, actually, I'm not sure if it was on correctly. I think it might have slipped off properly. And I was like, okay, but why didn't you say anything at the time, So it read your message to me the day after telling me you think the condom was non properly. So then I started thinking maybe he took it off while I wasn't looking, or I didn't realize why would he be messaging.
Speaker 1: Me saying this.
Speaker 7: It was just didn't make any sense to me that he didn't say anything in the moment. So then then confronted him. I was like, be honest, like did you take off the condom? And he was like no, no, oh, of course not.
Speaker 4: I would never do that.
Speaker 7: I'm just really paranoid because if I were to go back to the Army, I wouldn't want to have a baby on the way. And I was like, what, like that wouldn't even happen. Like he was really really paranoid. He really wanted me to take the morning after, but I told him, look, I'm not gonna do because I.
Speaker 4: Don't think there's a need.
Speaker 7: So he was like, all right, but you know, if you don't get your period or whatever, let me know. So then I actually didn't get my period when I was supposed to, is fine because I usually don't get it on time, so I didn't really worry about that. Then he like really really really wanted me to take a pregnancy test, and I was like, look, I just wait another week, like usually my career comes like this. He was like, no, you need to take a pregnancy test right now.
Speaker 4: And he's super.
Speaker 7: Super paranoid, and I think I was on holiday at the time, so he was actually like really annoying me with this because I knew I wasn't pregnant because like nothing had happened, right, So then he sent me the money for the pregnancy test and I bought shots for me and my friends and.
Speaker 4: Ended up not being pregnant.
Speaker 1: So yeah, thank god.
Speaker 4: Very paranoid.
Speaker 7: Fun fact, I did meet up with him again because it was really good. I did realize that he was really really paranoid because sex again, he kept changing the condom like every two minutes. We spent six condoms for sex alass so maybe fifteen minutes because he was so paranorim he kept thinking that the condoms would like be leaking or broken or whatnot.
Speaker 4: I don't even know.
Speaker 7: But it was the strangest thing ever. And I'm never meeting up with an every guy.
Speaker 2: Do you know what it sounds like, Matt. It sounds like this guy has got someone pregnant.
Speaker 3: I was going to say that I was.
Speaker 2: He's like paranoid about another pregnancy, because maybe it's like traumatized.
Speaker 3: I was literally I was seeing the exact same thing from a from a bloke's point of view. It sounds like he has like knocked someone up before in like by accident, and they're like, you know, what I mean, and he does want it again. But if he's having sex that first time and he's so paranoid, why wasn't he Like you would know if a condom comes off or it's not put on properly.
Speaker 1: Like so you think that maybe he took it off.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think he took it off. But like I just feel like I do not notice.
Speaker 2: I think he's just OCD and just paranoid. And maybe he didn't change the condom. They only used.
Speaker 3: One, so he's shit.
Speaker 1: It might have broke.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, double check, Like he seems to be racking up a huge condom bill like that. That's that's a lot of condoms during one sexual encounter.
Speaker 3: Well, we always promote safe sex here it where's your head at? So no stress with using the con on. But I think that like.
Speaker 1: One once will suffice if it's put.
Speaker 3: On properly, I think that one will do the job.
Speaker 2: Also, I do want to say that at the start of that story, it kind of sounded like he had taken the condom off during sex, and just a little bit of education for anyone listening.
Speaker 1: He might not know this.
Speaker 2: If someone does take a condom off during sex without telling you that is sexual assault.
Speaker 3: Of course, one hundred percent. It's not on Like, if a girl asked you to wear a condom, you wear a condom. You respect it. Yeah, definitely respect their request and their wishes. What a ship bloke if he did that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, look, I'm glad the jill went back for seconds. I'm glad that although although this guy is very OCD and over the top with the condoms, at least he's good in bed.
Speaker 3: Well that's what Yeah, okay, yeah, at least.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not all bad news.
Speaker 3: When you said she went back, I was like, what the fuck? And then she was like it was good sex, And I'm like, we've all been there. We've all gone back if someone is crazy because the sex is good.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, guys, thank you so much for joining us on the weares your head at hotline. As always, make sure you follow our socials, make sure you buy some merch.
Speaker 1: We're really excited about this guys.
Speaker 3: We're very proud of it. We want you guys to wear it and.
Speaker 1: Get around it.
Speaker 2: If you do buy the merch, send us photos tag whar's.
Speaker 1: Your head at? We want to see it, and we'll be reposting all of those.
Speaker 2: So until next time, Happy merch Day, by bye.