Speaker 1: Lately. General, welcome the late base.
Speaker 2: Well, good evening, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 3: I'm James Macpherson with Liz Storer and Caleb Bond coming up tonight. Incredible footage from Victoria where three blokes set fire to a nightclub, but not before setting fire to each other.
Speaker 2: Will show you that a little later.
Speaker 3: Plus, when we look at the papers in Townshill, they've got a new.
Speaker 2: Plan to tackle car theft.
Speaker 3: They're going to regard car theft as an addiction and treat it as such.
Speaker 2: We'll see how that goes.
Speaker 3: And embarrassment for the Albanezy government as one of the country's largest wind turbine manufacturers stops producing.
Speaker 2: We'll get to all of that in a moment.
Speaker 3: But this week the United Nations have been holding their climate conference in Azerbaijan, and everything would be going.
Speaker 2: As you would expect.
Speaker 3: You've got chart climate chicken littles running around warning that if we don't do exactly as the government.
Speaker 2: Tells us to do, we're all doomed.
Speaker 3: You've got Pacific Island leaders running around saying Australians I have to give them money otherwise their entire countries will disappear under the ocean.
Speaker 2: And it'll be our fault.
Speaker 3: And then you've got Chris Bowen doing exactly as you'd expect Chris Bowen to do, running around throwing our money around like it's confetti. And you've got an Australian bureaucrat giving an acknowledgment of country, except there's no Indigenous people to acknowledge, and she's not even in our country.
Speaker 4: Whilst we're not on Australian lands, I'd still like to start with acknowledging the traditional owners of Australia and the Torres Strait Islands and pay my respects to their elders, past, present and emerging.
Speaker 5: So I'm going to sit down today. We've got a great panel for you.
Speaker 4: In fact, there's only two panel members and myself.
Speaker 3: So first she explains that an acknowledgment of country is not necessary, only then to do an acknowledgment of country. Thank god there were only five people in the Australian pavilion to witness this embarrassment. But does that not prove how brainwashed these people are? She says, don't really need to do this since we're not in our country, but I'm going to do it anyway.
Speaker 6: Well, well, if there's one bit of solace out of all of this. It's that she didn't get to brainwash many other people, either about four or five in that crowd there for.
Speaker 1: The great panel of two people.
Speaker 6: You know, we paid eight hundred and seventy grand for that pavilion at COP twenty nine, eight one hundred and seventy grand, and there were all of five and then six seven eight when you count the people on the stage, and when they paid for it. They said, this all came out last week. Of course, when COP twenty nine kicked off. They said, you know, it would be a home away from home for Australians who had gone to COP twenty nine, and it would be a chance to showcase all that is great about Australian industry when it comes to renewable energy. And those who wanted in managed to get welcome to country that they may well have never.
Speaker 1: Even been to. But the big problem with it, of course, apart.
Speaker 6: From the fact that it's happening in Azerbaijan, is that she's given an acknowledgment of country for the traditional owners of Australia and the Torres Strait Islands. Now, if you talk to the some four hundred odd countries that existed within the land that we call Australia before it was colonized.
Speaker 1: They would say, what the hell are you.
Speaker 6: Doing, because, of course, the point is to acknowledge the particular traditional owners of the piece of land on which you stand, of which there happen to be more than four hundred groups. So now she's just tossed them all into the one bag as though they're exactly the same thing, and said, oh, yeah, all Aboriginal people, they're all from the same mob.
Speaker 5: Well they're not.
Speaker 6: So she herself has done something that you could argue was anti indigenous, potentially racist, because she didn't acknowledge the actual traditional owners. They're all the same now apparently. I mean, it just shows how ridiculous this whole thing is.
Speaker 2: Liz, I just loved the guy.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you saw it on the video, but the guy seeing the front row as she's doing the acknowledgment of country, he grabs his phone and takes a photo.
Speaker 2: I'm going to remember this moment forever.
Speaker 7: He's probably filming it, just being like, this has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever seen. But how do you like us forking out this much money.
Speaker 5: So this fifty million was for loss and damage.
Speaker 7: Pennywong said, we're responding to extreme weather and slowing onset climate events in the Pacific. Can you give us some examples? What kind of bang can we expect.
Speaker 5: For this buck? That's fifty million?
Speaker 7: But this fifty million, ladies and gentlemen, is on top of the one hundred million that we've committed to the Pacific Resilience Committee. What do they do? Do you just literally make up names for committees?
Speaker 5: And that is on top of another fifty million for.
Speaker 7: The Australia Pacific Partnership for Energy Transition. Now we'd like to assume that their purpose is in the name.
Speaker 5: But again, how are you transitioning?
Speaker 7: Since you're doing such a great job here at home in Australia with your green transition, how are we transitioning the Pacific? Exactly? That's two hundred million dollars right there. How much more do you need before we change the weather?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 5: Can we just cut to the chase? How much more do you need?
Speaker 7: Of course, you and I know that this is a bottomless pit and this has got nothing to do with changing the weather and everything to do with the massive Global Wealth Redistribution Project, that this whole thing is a trojan horse, for it drives me up the wall. Is China is China with its massive output of emissions. Are they contributing to the Pacific nations?
Speaker 5: No? When they go to Pacific nations, they're smarter. They just buy up bits.
Speaker 1: They just give.
Speaker 7: Them facilities and other things that the Pacific islanders are like, oh yeah, we want a piece of that.
Speaker 5: Only China's really buying them up.
Speaker 7: They're far more strategic. We just throw the massive wads of cash. We the taxpayer never see that ever again. We never get a receipt as to what that was spent on.
Speaker 1: And here's wong.
Speaker 7: She says, the government recognizes the profound impacts of climate change on Pacific communities, culture, livelihoods.
Speaker 5: How is how is it? Can you give us a pie chart?
Speaker 7: Can you give us anything showing the impact that it is happening on culture over there, on livelihoods over there? If they could show us, oh this many jobs are being lost due to these conditions, et cetera, and so on. But they play us for complete flogs. They do not even justify the expenditure.
Speaker 3: That the part that really stuck in my craw from Penny Wong's quote is where she talks about being responsible for the livelihoods of people in the Pacific Islands, throwing and two hundred million dollars. I just like two hundred and seventy five dollars we've forgot. I love that we've got people in this country homeless, elderly people who can't pay their power bills, and the government's worried about the livelihoods of people in the Pacific Islands. Now, I'm not saying that we shouldn't care about other people, but take care of those at home first. And when the government can't afford to do what they promised prior to the election, they shouldn't be splashing money around overseas.
Speaker 5: We will.
Speaker 6: It's be pacific about what's going on here. See, I hate it when people say pacific instead of specific.
Speaker 8: I'm sure kill Richards if he's.
Speaker 5: Watching more or less. When people say new Killah.
Speaker 7: Starts manifesting, ladies, someone is killer like.
Speaker 6: It's spelt in ucl A, New clear, it's not got him going Pacific not Pacific anyway. Having made that point to be pacific about what he's going on here, this is just blackmail money, right, because, as you said before, Liz, China goes in and gave is in debt diplomacy Belton Road where they give these Pacific nations loads and loads of money and say, oh, it's all yours.
Speaker 1: Don't worry about it.
Speaker 6: And we know at some point they'll come in and cash the check and say, actually, thank you very much, we're going to get our money back. Now, Oh you can't pay it, well, maybe there's something else you can do for us. So we're just splashing around the cash in the hopes that will somehow combat China.
Speaker 8: We ain't going to combat it.
Speaker 3: And to say because they're developing exactly, and I think they've got one of the largest militaries in the world.
Speaker 2: They've got a space station, but they're still developing.
Speaker 6: And they went to COP twenty nine asking for a billion dollars from US and other countries to be given to countries like China.
Speaker 1: I mean seriously, speaking of.
Speaker 6: Spending all this money and what happens when you don't spend it properly. North Sydney Council, now you probably know about the North Sydney Pool. If you've never been there, you would definitely have seen a photograph of it.
Speaker 8: It's right under the Sydney Harbor Bridge.
Speaker 6: It is probably the most famous pool in the country and a few years ago North Sydney Council decided, being the great landmark that it is, that it.
Speaker 8: Deserved an upgrade. Now, when they began this upgrade.
Speaker 6: It was going to be sixty four million dollars. That then blew out to ninety one point five million dollars and now they say it's going.
Speaker 8: To be one hundred and twenty two.
Speaker 6: Point two million dollars to complete an upgrade of a dam swimming pool.
Speaker 8: This has been going on since twenty twenty two. Mind you were coming up to two.
Speaker 1: Years of this.
Speaker 6: In the midst of all of that, they had to pull down the new roof frame that they put up because they discovered there were quote unquote design problems with it. When you've actually started building the thing and realized there's something wrong, then there is definitely something wrong. But of course the council now says, heck, we don't actually have the money to deal with the fact that this project has doubled in budget, So where are they going to get the money from.
Speaker 8: They're going to get it from.
Speaker 1: The poor schmacks.
Speaker 6: The rate payers of North City Knee, aren't they. The suggestion is that rates could almost double in some cases. I mean they're talking about here property rates increasing by sixty five to one hundred and eleven percent.
Speaker 8: Over the next three years.
Speaker 6: They're also going to consider selling some of their facilities to fund these works. The residents, as you can imagine, have hit the roof about this. The minimum rates in North Sydney Council. Because the cost of building a pool has gone up to one hundred and twenty two million dollars, the basic rates could go from seven hundred and fifteen bucks to thirteen.
Speaker 8: Hundred a year.
Speaker 6: The average rates at the moment are one thousand and forty that had go to one thousand, six hundred and if you're a business, you go from six thousand, seven hundred and twenty four bucks to eleven thousand, three hundred and seven all because they couldn't build a pool for less than one hundred and twenty million dollars.
Speaker 8: And actually, sorry I'm wrong, I'm saying build the pool.
Speaker 1: The pool already exists. They just starts creating it.
Speaker 6: Like what sort of pool a you're going to get for one hundred and twenty two million dollars.
Speaker 1: I expect the thing to be gold plated.
Speaker 8: If that's what they're going to handle, and.
Speaker 3: They're using bottled water, I think to fill it. But I mean their answer is to raise rates that the answer is never that they should resign. I mean, if you did something like this in the corporate sector, you would be on the gutter so fast. But somehow, if you work in government, you stay in your position. And the bureaucrats who probably performed even worse than the counselors who signed off on this. The chief financial officer of the council said that part of the problem, I can't believe this was they proceeded with the work prior to the designs being completed, and so they put a roof on this pool and then realized there were major flaws with the design. The problem was they started it without the designs having been finished in the first place, the financial officer said, and I quote, significant risks were taken and indeed were realized.
Speaker 1: No show, and where.
Speaker 5: Were you, chief financial officer?
Speaker 7: Where were you when they decided to gamble with millions and millions of rate payers dollars? I mean, isn't that your job to go. Hang on a minute, this could easily blow out. Your plans aren't even finished, and yet you're turning the sod. Can we just hit the pause button here? Don't you love paying for all three tiers of government inefficiency. It's not just local government, it's not just state government, it's not just federal government. It's all three of them, consistently saying, oh, the health service is in the toilet. We need more nurses. We can't afford to pay them more. The police are striking. This is terrible. The council's saying, we're going to have to put your rates up because we've staffed up. It's always their fault. We give them the money, we pay our taxes. We have no choice in the matter. It is their responsibility to spend it wisely.
Speaker 5: Is it that hard? Is it that hard?
Speaker 7: I've been a city councilor You've got to pore over the budget every single year, it's the most important part of the.
Speaker 5: Year, and then stay within your means. How hard is it?
Speaker 8: Remember?
Speaker 6: Oh, maybe a month ago we were laughing about the fact that the Adelaide Hills Council had come up with a deficit of four million dollars. You know, they got to the end of the year when oh heck, we spent four million dollars then we actually had in the bank.
Speaker 1: How did that happen?
Speaker 6: And we thought that was ridiculous they were doing about a project that doubles from you know, sixty odd million to one hundred and twenty odd million. The state government needs to intervene here seriously, like rate payers should not have to pay through the nose for the incompetence of counselors and staff.
Speaker 1: It's not their fault. This project has ballooned out.
Speaker 5: So I even use the jolly people.
Speaker 6: No exactly, it was probably a lot of out of towers who come in and use it. I mean they should that the state government has to go in there and either bankrupt them, tell them you insolvent, you're trading insolvent and so you've got to go or you say, the entire council and seen in an administrator. Because if that is how you are running a form of government in this country, you do not deserve to keep your job. We should not have to pay for the incompetence of idiots like this. It is plain and simple. If the state government doesn't intervene in this situation. They're asleep at the wheel. That's what the local government minister is doing.
Speaker 7: He should just be replaced with the commissioner, Like, really, the council is not.
Speaker 8: Fit for purpose.
Speaker 7: You guys didn't do your job to the tune of this many million dollars to the States now where we know that Trump's picks for his top roles have been causing eye rolls and a lot of angst, but perhaps none are more bizarre than this one education secretary. He's chosen Linda McMahon, who has no education background whatsoever, and perhaps she won't need it because, as we know, Trump has famously promised he's going to get rid of the education department at a federal level and leave it back to the states. What a great idea, if only we did the same thing here. Why do we need a federal educational department as well as each state having an educational department?
Speaker 5: Riddle me that.
Speaker 7: Well, Trump's decided he's sick of this nonsense and he's dedicated to cutting the fat in Washington. So he's chosen this woman, Linda McMahon, who hails from, of all places, the world wrestling entertainment where she has been the CEO for some years. If you don't know Linda, here's an introo believe and he's also chosen to Mehmet Oz. He was a household name in the US. He's somewhat of a celebrity. He features on TV every other week in American Households.
Speaker 5: He is in fact a.
Speaker 7: Heart surgeon, but then turned to TV celebrity giving out health advice to all in sundry on a weekly basis. Trump said that Oz will quote work closely with Robert F.
Speaker 5: Kennedy Jr. To take on the illness.
Speaker 7: Industrial complex and all the horrible chronic diseases left in its way.
Speaker 5: Kahati amen from me. If you know you know, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 7: This guy has come under a lot of scrutiny, with some saying that, oh, well, he's encouraged pseudo science. Well, I don't know exactly everything he's ever encouraged throughout his long, lengthy and much meddled career, but I do know that he recommended hydroxychloroquin during the pandemic, and in my book, that gets you my vote, not that I can vote, but this again, Trump is keeping in line with this I don't give a stuff as to the Washington elites opinion of my pick. I am going after everyone who has a been loyal to me.
Speaker 5: Mainly, there's a few people that he's forgiven.
Speaker 7: He is magnanimous when he wants to be, But for the most part, he's gone after those who are loyal to him and those he knows who will cut the fat. So what Mamet will be in charge of is the centers for Medicare and Medicaid services. The US government spent one point four trillion on Medicare and Medicaid in the last year alone, in twenty twenty three, that is what those departments spent. And Trump's like, I'm getting doctor Osmamet to just take a chainsaw to this thing. It's going to be so interesting what these guys come up with.
Speaker 3: I'm not surprised Trump is unconcerned by the way the media tique his nominees, because you remember how the media critiqued Joe Biden's nominees.
Speaker 2: I mean they formed over them.
Speaker 3: Rachel Levine was Assistant Health Secretary because she was trans Pete Boudages was Transport Secretary because he was openly gay. Kareeine Jean Pierre was the spokesperson at the White House, historic figure she claimed herself to be because she was black, and the lesbian.
Speaker 2: You had Sam Brinton, remember Sam Brinton, the drag queen was in charge of hopefully.
Speaker 3: Waste stealing other pe stealing luggage at the airport. You had deb Haylend, who was in cabinet because she was a Native American and at the time, now now I remember, the media are critiquing all of these people, right, well, you can't have this person as the education secretary because she once was involved in world wrestling entertainment. Well, NPR they critiqued the Biden nominees on the basis of diversity, because Biden promised, I'm going to have the most diverse cabinet America's ever seen. And so the NPR ran an article headlined, here's how his nominees stack up as a diversity cabinet, and they gave him a glowing report based on melanan and sexual preferences. So that's how they critique Biden's nominees. I think Trump is well within his rights to say I don't care what you say about my nominees. After the way you critique Biden's I'm not listening.
Speaker 6: Well, well, they could do a score on Trump's on the basis of diversity as well, but instead this time it would be on basis of diversity and sorry, thought and experience that kind of diversity, not when we're talking about race, etc. I mean, it's hard to think of a cabinet that has been more critiqued than this one from Donald Trump. I don't remember it being this heavy the first time round in twenty sixteen when he was elected. But of course it's because he has just made it very clear this time that he's going to go in and dismantle government waste and bureaucracy.
Speaker 8: And that's what they're so worried.
Speaker 6: About, that outsiders are being brought to the inside.
Speaker 8: To run the inside.
Speaker 6: I'd like they've run the outside, because of course, we've always said for ages, you know, heck, we've got to run household budgets and we've got to run business budgets.
Speaker 1: Why the hell can't the government do the same.
Speaker 6: And so you have a businessman in Donald Trump who goes, well, I'm going to go and find a bunch of people who have run business budgets and get them to come and run government departments. And I mean Linda McMahon coming from the WWE, I mean she's going to have to wrestle with a lot of bureaucrats in this job, so I think she is eminently qualified.
Speaker 5: Fort the door is just like, abolish it.
Speaker 7: Any charge of the department I want abolish on a federal level.
Speaker 6: That's been the other criticism is that these people are supposedly not qualified for the positions they've been given because they haven't necessarily worked in the sectors that they've been appointed to. But I don't know our American viewers online may find this concept a little strange.
Speaker 8: It's the same in the UK, where.
Speaker 6: Ministers are appointed from inside the government as in elected MP's who often have no experience whatsoever in the portfolio that they're appointed to, let alone any real life experience whatsoever. I mean, we have people who are ministers of health and education and everything else for the only qualification they've ever had is a university degree and then they've gone off to work in an MP's office. And we're quite happy in Australia, in the UK and every other country with a Westminster system of government to say that they should be in charge of departments. But Donald Trump goes and picks some business people and it's like, holy noly, how could we possibly let them run the department.
Speaker 3: But for the Democrats to say that Trump's picks are not qualified, I mean the Democratic nominee was not qualified to be vice president and alone president. She was a black woman. That's why she was given the gig. Let's come back, hard night.
Speaker 1: Glad Ya.
Speaker 2: Well, all right, Indian night.
Speaker 3: Galah, person of color, let's come back home to Australia. Saying historic day in Victoria. Don't take my word for it. To listen to the premiere of Victoria. Jacinta Allen. Now, sorry, we didn't mean to show you that. That's just into Ellen's inner thoughts during the press conference. Here is just to Allen herself speaking at today's press conference.
Speaker 9: Today is an historic day, an historic day for our state, for our strong Victorian community. And it's historic because we're about to embark on treaty negotiations will make our strong state even stronger, even fairer, even more equal for all Victorians.
Speaker 3: If you want to know why Victoria is embarking on a treaty, consider the fact she used the word historic three times. In six seconds in that press conference. This is all about Justina Allen having her moment in history, the same as the apology was all about Kevin Rudd's moment in history, the same as the voice was all about Anthony Albanesi trying to etch his name in the history books. Just Cinta Allen goes on in this press conference trying to explain why a treaty is so necessary for the state of Victoria. She talked on and on. None of it made much sense. He's a little bit more of what she said.
Speaker 9: We know that we need to get better outcomes, and we know the outcomes right now are not fair. They're not equal because throughout history, since colonization first peoples in this state have been excluded from opportunity.
Speaker 3: So when you boil it all down, Liz and Caleb, I come up with three things. Because I was trying to understand why does Victoria need a treaty? The number one thing she said is because we need to listen, because we get better outcomes when we listen. Now, I didn't know that you're unable to listen without a treaty first being in place. And wasn't that the whole argument with the voice that was acted by fifty four percent of Victorians. Her second argument was that, and I love it when politicians say we know that, and then they say something. They never give any evidence as to how we know. They just say, who know that exactly?
Speaker 5: We who are pushing my narrative know that.
Speaker 3: So she says, we know that overseas treaty has produced better outcomes. Well, you know, you can fly what three hours across the ditch to New Zealand, and hats the how the outcomes are going there. But her big argument seemed to be that we need equality. I'm thinking, I'm pretty sure we have equality in Victoria as we do around the rest of the country. But it's equality of outcomes, particularly education, health, incarceration rates, and life spans. And this is where it doesn't matter whether it's the Voice, the treaty, or whatever you do. If you choose to live a lifestyle that embraces Indigenous culture, you can't then expect Western culture outcomes.
Speaker 2: They're two different things.
Speaker 3: And so no matter what government does, you're always going to end up with this gap. You're going to end up with division in the community. Because this whole treaty process, one of the other things.
Speaker 2: I really hate about it. It's secret. She said that it's got to be.
Speaker 3: Done hind closed doors, because it's got to be done in a culturally safe space. Well, what about the safety of Victorian taxpayers whose money will be used to pay for whatever's involved in this treaty. But she did assure Victorians we will keep you updated. I'm not sure they would.
Speaker 2: M's Pallas.
Speaker 1: Upstay.
Speaker 5: We forgotten who works for her.
Speaker 3: The whole thing is just a joke. But it's going to be historic. But it's going to be historic.
Speaker 1: You point out the example of New Zealand.
Speaker 6: Right, fly three hours over the Dutch and go and see how the treaty's going. The Treaty of way Tangi was signed in eighteen forty. Right, it's been there for a very long time, and we can see exactly how that's going today. Because we're told in Victoria and everywhere else that a treaty will solve the problems because once we have the treaty, we've made good with the indigenous people of Australia or Victoria or New South Wales or South Australia, Western Australia, wherever it might be. That this treaty is signed, and after that where we've all made good with each other and then we can all move on. Well, they signed the Treaty of way Tanging in eighteen forty in New Zealand, and right now there are motions coming up before Parliament, which is you would have seen the video of the Hark been performed in parliament, et cetera. Where the indigenous people of New Zealand, the Maoris, want more rights.
Speaker 1: So it doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: You can go through the treaty process and so that we've now made good and made an agreement about who's got whose land and what, and we all say it's all fine now and we're all reconciled.
Speaker 8: That ain't the end of it.
Speaker 6: And that's the problem, especially when it's a secretive process as the one that is going on in Victoria, because a you don't know what's going to come out of this process right now, but you don't know what's going to come out of it further down the line. I mean, there will be little easter eggs left all through this thing that could cause trouble down the road. You cannot tell me that signing a treaty is going to fix anything. It just emboldens people. It says, well, we're open to business here to give you whatever the hell you want.
Speaker 8: Once you've got the treaty, that's not.
Speaker 1: Going to be the end of the story.
Speaker 5: And how many times have we been told this?
Speaker 7: Right, it was the vote, they got the vote, as they should.
Speaker 5: Of course, then it was sorry day. Now we've made good.
Speaker 7: Now we've made good, international national sorry day.
Speaker 5: That is. Then it was the voice.
Speaker 7: We need the voice, and that is going to make good. That is going to make good. Meanwhile, nearly every single state in the country was drawing up some form of a treaty. Queensland famously says they're going to make a treaty with every single tribe.
Speaker 5: How do you think you're going to manage that?
Speaker 7: There's well over one hundred closer to one hundred and fifty different Queenslander tribes in the state. So, if anything, Victoria has done a better job here just going we'll just have.
Speaker 5: One treaty for the state and that is that.
Speaker 7: But firstly, how dare our government do this kind of thing funded by the taxpayer secretly, so you don't know how much this is gonna cost. She's taken nothing off the table we're hearing you. They even want a say in what kids are going to be taught in school going forward, Like that's already not absolutely soaked in white gilt from a young age.
Speaker 5: Do us a favor.
Speaker 7: But also what you were saying earlier, Mac, this gets my goat every single time because when we talk about closing the gap, it doesn't have to do with opportunity. We have had equal opportunity in this country for a very, very long time. But what it is saying is you, guys, until you look like us, until your education outcomes alike ours, until your life style reflects the healthcare outcomes that we want to see in your community.
Speaker 5: It is simply, what if they just don't want to live like us?
Speaker 7: Not all of them, but some are like opting out saying no, I don't want to graduate school, spend years in Uni, rack up a hex step, spend the rest of my life at a.
Speaker 5: Desk looking into a computer in.
Speaker 7: A soulless office under fluorescent lights while the taxman takes the.
Speaker 5: Heap of my earnings. Maybe they don't want that.
Speaker 7: Maybe they don't want that. And something else that isn't being addressed is why would you choose that? When the welfare state has been so robust.
Speaker 8: For so long.
Speaker 7: What we have taught our own indigenous communities is you don't have to go to work, you don't have to live like us.
Speaker 5: And why would they when they're like.
Speaker 7: Well, hang on, my dad and his dad, they've never gone to work. The taxpayer purse looks after us and that's good enough for me, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: It has become their way of.
Speaker 7: Life, not all of them, but for a large proportion of several of the indigenous communities.
Speaker 5: And then we wonder why they don't want to change.
Speaker 3: Just look after people based on their need, not on their race. Melbourne last weekend special shout out to Andre from Coco Moon at Warndike Cafe. Watches the Late Debate every single night and.
Speaker 6: You're going to get a free coffee next day.
Speaker 3: Counting on absolutely. But I got on skybus. I know you've been on.
Speaker 2: Skybus as well.
Speaker 3: You right at the airport and then you get this acknowledgment of country and then they say, and a reminder, this land has never been seeded.
Speaker 2: I'm just wondering.
Speaker 3: If this treaty goes through and they're looking for, you know, various little things, little trinkets. Is that going to be the seeding of land?
Speaker 6: And it also goes on the skybus about how it's that the land we know is Melbourne and the land we know as Australia, as though it may not actually be so. But it's a very good point you raise, Liz about the fact that all of this stuff, whether it's treaty or the Voice or or any other way in which the left sort of deals with indigenous affairs, is that they love to complain about the awful things the white man has done, but then their responses to it are so often tainted by white man's paternalism in terms of the way that they think other people should behave.
Speaker 8: You can't have it both ways.
Speaker 6: But as long as we feel warm and fuzzy inside, that's what matters the most.
Speaker 8: Day.
Speaker 6: Now, we told you last night about Jaguar, the once great British car manufacturer.
Speaker 1: Now going down the road.
Speaker 8: I told you last night. You know that the Mark II and the XJ six, the wonderful pals they used to produce.
Speaker 6: I forgot to mention that E type. Of course, the Jaguar E type is just sex on wheels. Basically, mad of Mind's got three of them, and every time I go to his place, I just walk into the garage and drool. Basically, but we told you about their new ad, which you can see a little bit of here, which they launched yesterday on X. Basically, the idea here is, oh, we're relaunching as an entirely ev company. They're not going to have any petrol vehicles anymore. And of course in this ad they take every diversity box you could find. They've got people dressed up in weird gear and you know, there's a token black person and a weird dress and a woman with a short haircut, et cetera, because you know we're going woke. Now there's no car in there, you'll notice. And we asked the question last night, who on earth came up with that as a marketing strategy.
Speaker 8: Well we found the answer.
Speaker 6: It's a bloke called Santino Pietro santi And here he was just a month ago explaining everything that's great about Jaguar.
Speaker 1: And again you will.
Speaker 6: Notice when you listen to him talking here, he says absolutely nothing about.
Speaker 1: Cars and that Jaguar.
Speaker 10: We're passionate about our people and we're committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and unified culture that is representative not only of the people who use our products, but in a society in which we all live, a culture where our employees can bring their authentic selves to work. We've launched major policy revisions such as transitioning at work to drive equity and support for our communities, embracing individuality as our superpower.
Speaker 6: Oh fantastic, Yes, that's what Jaguar is now, apparently not the company of class and beauty that it once was. It's all about, oh, well, you can come to work and transis and your agenda.
Speaker 8: How good is that?
Speaker 6: And I'll note, by the way that when he was giving that speech, he was wearing a sea through top, So you know, that really tells you a lot about the quality that they've got over Jaguar these days. My grandfather, back in the day was a Jaguar man. He loved Jags. He had XJ six's, he had dameless sovereigns. He had an XJS at one point.
Speaker 1: V twelve that just does through fuel.
Speaker 8: He loved them beautiful vehicles.
Speaker 6: I can tell you you could not pay him to buy a Jaguar today the way they are going, And why would you want to buy a Jaguar the way the way they're going.
Speaker 8: This is what happens. This bloke here, what's his.
Speaker 6: Name, Santino Petrio santi is the perfect example of what happens when these people are allowed to take over corporates.
Speaker 8: And you've seen it all across the corporate world.
Speaker 6: Now where once great companies and there you go examples of the brilliance of what Jaguar could once do.
Speaker 8: They have taken over these companies and run.
Speaker 6: Them into the ground to impress their other mates in the corporate world. Who gives a damn what the consumer wants. It's oh, well, we've got to get our esg points, right.
Speaker 3: Could you imagine buying a Jaguar from Santino, You'd ask, you know, like, so, can you tell me about the engine. He'd say, well, there's fifteen diversity, equity and inclusion groups. So what's the top speed of this vehicle? He'd say, every person should be free to be themselves. He'd say, does it come with a turbo? We'd say, individuality is our superpower. Because he's not selling Jaguars, Jaguar is the vehicle for him to sell diversity, equity, inclusion and as for them caring about their customers. He actually said those angered by the reband rebrand are no longer the target market, so they're wow fitting on every person who are Radar ag you and saying we're.
Speaker 2: Done with you.
Speaker 7: Gain creta hone in on zero point five percent of the population Jaguar great marketing strategy.
Speaker 5: Absolutely incredible.
Speaker 7: But before we go to an ad break, something that is pretty incredible happening in South Australia is did you know this is the state where the police have to receive a report whenever a car crash happens, where the damages are over three thousand dollars. That's not even much nowadays.
Speaker 5: If you're no your local panel BETA.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's basically a ding in a car park. You've got to go to the police, You've got a register it there and the police are crying out for the state government to do something. Please malanowskis because this is such a waste of our resources. In a letter to the Transport Minister, Contucinantis.
Speaker 6: Time Coots and tonis what the hell did you read it?
Speaker 2: Far?
Speaker 5: Excuse me?
Speaker 7: Sorry co specific he's the Police Association president.
Speaker 5: Wade Burns wrote.
Speaker 7: There are about six hundred person in person vehicle collision reports made to the South Australian police stations on a weekly baseless side notes, South Australians, what the heck are you doing on your roads? He goes on to say, even the most basic reports take at least fifteen minutes of our time. This equates to at least one hundred and fifty police hours every single week. The requirement diverts police resources away from critical jobs such as investigating accidents with injuries, fatalities, crime investigations, domestic violence incidents and urgent response taskings.
Speaker 5: Please take this off our hands.
Speaker 7: To my knowledge, no other state has such a ridiculous law being implemented. What on earth do the police have to be That's like requiring them basically to be un scene at every crash.
Speaker 6: It's just bizarre, isn't it. There was in way Burns Leader there was the example of one police station were forty percent of their police time is taken up by people coming in to report crashes.
Speaker 8: This is just bureaucracy gone.
Speaker 3: What I don't understand about this is why is the police union or the Police association taking this up? Doesn't a police commissioner sit down? With a police minister and don't they have coffee occasionally and say.
Speaker 5: Hey, here were a couple of things with so mac.
Speaker 7: But having worked for everyone a government, it needs this way.
Speaker 6: It's because the police minister can't remember the Transport minister's name.
Speaker 1: He thinks he's koona Munder.
Speaker 5: You should go by Koda. I mean, make it make it easier for us. Tom Come on, mate, we're.
Speaker 2: Going to go to a break.
Speaker 3: When we come back to look at what's making news tomorrow, including car thieves being treated not as criminals but as addicts.
Speaker 2: That's coming up in a month. Well, welcome back.
Speaker 3: Let's look at what's making news in tomorrow's papers. Liz, you've got the Camera Times. Pretty funny story people being asked to take a.
Speaker 7: Pay cut, and believe it or not, they made the mistake of asking them whether they wouldn't take next year's pay rise, and the vast majority said get stuffed. The Camera Times. The splash reads a and U staff's no to vice chancellor. Nine out of ten staff members at the Australian National University rejected the Vice Chancellor's plea to give up their next pay rise as part of a drive to cut costs. So the an u's vice chancellor is taking a ten percent cut to her one point one five million dollar salary.
Speaker 5: So that's very big of her.
Speaker 7: But I'll wager none of your staff are on that much and so they're just not willing to take the fall with you. It says four seven hundred and eighty two staff participated.
Speaker 5: In the online ballot. Yeah, I bet they did.
Speaker 7: That's one email that you would participated. You know when your boss always sends you emails being like, respond to this survey, participate now, and you're like, nah, I get stuff.
Speaker 5: Can't be bothered.
Speaker 7: I'm not paid enough for this now that one that one.
Speaker 5: Got their attention.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because you won't be paid enough if you don't respond to that. I mean, imagine having to hide on your million dollars to go off to the staff and go, look, do you reckon?
Speaker 8: You could four go.
Speaker 6: Your pay rise so you can get my budget back in the black.
Speaker 1: Click.
Speaker 6: You're the one who's running the show. Surely you can find other ways to manage your budget. Well, perhaps you could have just not let it get so big before you ended up in this position.
Speaker 3: But you know why, the vice chancellor gets the big bucks. Go because he's so positive. She says that, you know, after the survey, they'll find other ways to save money. And then she says this, every staff member who voters has helped shape the conversation about how we achieve financial sustainability. Yeah, without our help, that's how they've shaped the conversation. But she's thanked them for their great contributions.
Speaker 5: For responding to my survey.
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness, Like, could you think of anyone actually voting for that, like putting there?
Speaker 2: Well, actually people do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, eighty eight percent rejected. It's twelve per CDH. They were willing to give up.
Speaker 8: Their pay rides.
Speaker 6: I want to know who those people are, because I suspect there's someone out there who'll employ them tomorrow and never give them a pay rise. Again, Let's go to the front of the Gold Coast bulletin tomorrow, where there is one hell of a story Hump Tower. Residents of a new luxury tower in the art of Swanky Main Beach can be seen quote urinating, showering, and fornicating thanks to clear windows installed in their bathrooms. The first residence of raptist groups, Pearl Tower, moved into the Main Beach parade building in October, but neighbors soon discovered clear glass windows allowed them to see directly into the bathrooms. Now, look, I'm sure if you live in the building opposite that's been enough of an insult to your eyes to be subjected to that. But can you imagine being the poor bugger who's moved into one of these apartments, And you know, I'm assuming you're not just standing there looking up at your windows all the time, so you assume it's safe to go into the bathroom and then you discover that they actually put clear glass on it.
Speaker 7: Who wouldn't notice if I walked into a glass toilet jubicle?
Speaker 5: I don't think that would escape my attention.
Speaker 7: I mean, this is get naked, get into a shower, were and this is just sheer glass. If they can see you, if you can see them, they can see you. But they can look very very simple, but they can do like.
Speaker 6: A polarizing type thing like this glass that you can see through one side and they can't see through the other.
Speaker 5: I love this because there's a film on it.
Speaker 3: Neighbors soon discovered clear glass windows allowed them to see directly in the bathrooms.
Speaker 2: Will stop looking, that's the answer.
Speaker 5: Like their folds.
Speaker 7: They should sue for having their innocence robbed from so.
Speaker 6: You know, you know in Back to the Future where where Marty goes back to the future and then he finds his father's up the tree with the binoculars looking looking into what is his future mother's window, and then he falls out of the tree and he gets hit by the car, and that's who his parents meet.
Speaker 8: But then Marty goes up the tree and falls and I'll tell you what ends up having to meet his mother.
Speaker 1: That's what's going to happen here.
Speaker 6: There might actually be people who meet and get married in Oh my god, what.
Speaker 3: I've heard is raptors selling many units, but the neighboring.
Speaker 6: So many people through the road project protection.
Speaker 5: Happening here load of peeping toms. Who am I working with?
Speaker 1: What we're saying.
Speaker 6: Money there out of the peeping toms because they want to live over the road by one.
Speaker 5: Of the very facts. Had that occurred to.
Speaker 6: You, Max, it's just very Go to the front page.
Speaker 5: Under the overflow of the heart the Mouse.
Speaker 3: Let's go to the front page of towns or bulletin. The headline reads car theft addiction Now one thousand seven hundred and fifty nine cars were stolen in Townsville last year, so it's a massive problem. Here is how they've decided to deal with it. A bold new initiative is looking to curtail the scourge of youth crime and car thefts by treating it like an addiction Spearheaded by Townsvill Street University, the program applies to principl for drug addiction treatment to early intervention in a bid to stop young offenders who are hooked on the thrill of stealing cars. I'm not quite sure how this is going to work.
Speaker 2: Do you sit a whole lot.
Speaker 5: Of cars around in a circle.
Speaker 3: They introduced themselves.
Speaker 5: Since I stole.
Speaker 2: The car exactly.
Speaker 3: I think to stick them in jail and throw away the key rather have a therapy session.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: I know that they're sort of running out of ideas because things just keep getting worse. But as you say, like, how about actually getting the coppers on the job and actually doing something about these kids? Like, you know, I get the idea that early intervention is important because you want to stop these kids after the first car they've stolen from ever stealing another car. You want to put them on the straight and narrow on the right path, but treating it like it is an addiction, as though it's a softly softly I will you got to come for a session next week.
Speaker 8: So have you fallen off the wagon this week? Little Johnny? Who stole in any cars this week?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 6: Seriously, that ain't going to do anything. Give the kids some tough love, that's what they are.
Speaker 7: And it also suggests calling it an addiction also suggests they can't help it, yes, which is just nonsense to.
Speaker 1: The odds now labor blame.
Speaker 5: Does Wind Company blown away?
Speaker 7: Mainland Australia's last wind tower manufacturer will be forced to mothball its plant in a major embarrassment for the Albanesi government after cheap imports using heavy polluting Chinese steel have destroyed the local industry and cast a shadow over Labour's domestic renewables policy. How many shadows before we just call this an outright blackout, ladies and gentlemen, How many times do we have to learn about the downfalls of one of these projects until you're just like, Okay, you guys are never going to admit that this simply isn't feasible anymore.
Speaker 6: Nana, But it's all about helping the environment. Liz, come on, can't ye?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we head out China still.
Speaker 6: Sending our cold of China so they can burn it to make it into turbines to send over to us with steel, with iron, all that we've sent over to them that they make that's bad for the planet. That's going to save the planet. Why can't you see that?
Speaker 3: And going absolutely perfectly. We're going to go to a break when we come back. Incredible footage from Melbourne where some guys set fire to a nightclub, but not before setting fire to themselves.
Speaker 2: That's coming up from.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, all right, Kelly, You've got some very ineptarists down in Melbourne at the moment.
Speaker 8: This is amazing.
Speaker 6: These dopes have toddled along to Lux Nightclub on Chapel Street in Melbourne, and as you can see here, they don't know exactly why they've targeted this place. But he walks out having tried to set the joint on fire, on fire himself.
Speaker 8: What a brainiac key is. And his mate still got the kerry tan full.
Speaker 6: Of hill fire and he's like, no, I'm going to finish the job.
Speaker 1: I'm going to finish the job here and Matsy really.
Speaker 6: Set the joint on I mean seriously. Now, now I haven't been to Lux nightclub. I've been to Reb's Revolver, just up the road on Chapel Street.
Speaker 8: There it's basically twenty four hours. It's a hell of a place.
Speaker 2: I have to tell you.
Speaker 6: Chapel Street of a nighttime two am, this was this happened. But I mean, how could you be so aggrieved by a nightclub that you want to set the joint on fire.
Speaker 1: But they're hardly the greatest.
Speaker 6: Criminals that Melbourne's ever produced. Melbourne is known for, you know, top level criminals. I don't think they're going to make the list.
Speaker 3: A guy with the jerrykad he's just everywhere everyone gets out to near his car and.
Speaker 5: His mate is literally on the drop and roll.
Speaker 7: Made or trying to hit him with your jackead or oh that's your life.
Speaker 5: Nah.
Speaker 7: His maid's running around literally in flames, and he's.
Speaker 5: Just like, oh, I got a job to do the background.
Speaker 7: I reckon they're inebriated. That's why they're so highly flammable, and that's why they don't seem to have a clue what they're doing.
Speaker 3: Maybe don't we go let's talk about the Church of England. Sunday attendances have been dwindling, so Saint Peter's at Bradford have come up with a novel way to get the faithful back to church.
Speaker 2: It's called Wrestling Kingdom.
Speaker 11: Wrestling for me, is this amalgamation, this mesh of faith and wrestling. Any Christian will tell you that when you go through your life, you wrestle with stuff, you wrestle with your faith.
Speaker 1: When you face a really tough.
Speaker 11: Challenge, how do you see God in that challenge and how do you continue to remain in faith? And I really felt that wrestling gives us that opportunity to tell those stories.
Speaker 3: This is I always wondered what they meant by that Bible beshing. Is that what the.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I feel closer to God already. Thanks guys.
Speaker 7: What they're if you have to do something this is stupid to get crowds to your church. You're doing something drastically wrong.
Speaker 5: My friends.
Speaker 7: If the gospel you're preaching isn't skin to lady enough, you're not preaching the gospel.
Speaker 6: It reminds me in faulty tows, he's got this dodgy bloke who comes in to do some work, and he keeps mentioning God and Faulty Basil. Faulty says to him, if you mention the Good Lord one more time, I'll move you closer to.
Speaker 2: That's it from us, good night. He's rider Benny