Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Where's Your Head At? Hotline, our weekly show where we catch up with each other and connect with you all on our hotline voicemail.
Speaker 2: We want to hear from you, guys, so please send your stories, questions, advice or tea to Where's Your head at pod at gmail dot com to be featured on one of our episodes. I'm Anna and I'm Matt.
Speaker 1: Let's jump in.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good morning, Anna. Freezing morning, but we're here with our coffees warming up.
Speaker 1: You know that we got down to zero degrees this morning in Melbourne, really crazy.
Speaker 2: A sheet on. Did you I run hot?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you must run very hot. I'm in three layers this morning.
Speaker 2: I'm that cold compared to my one T shirt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. I don't know how you do it. Actually, I was driving to the podcast this morning and I saw this girl and she's wearing shorts, and I was like, you are in the wrong country, Like we are not in Queensland.
Speaker 2: I saw a guy on the weekend. Actually it was in the cold morning, and he had shorts and a T shirt on, and I thought the exact same thing. I was like, man, you're lost. And he wasn't even like doing like a run or anything. He was literally just on like a walk to get like a paper.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was like, jeez, I mean if you do go on a run like you do, tend to warm up. But still I feel like, well.
Speaker 2: I've been doing cold showers in the morning, so I run my hot shower and then at the end, I have like a stand in a cold shower. So I think that like maybe my body's like, you can't get colder than you were an hour ago, Like it's yeah, the whole day, my body's trying to heat itself up. So maybe that's why.
Speaker 1: Do you know? What I realized is that I'm really good at having cold showers in summer, but when it gets to winter and it's freezing outside, the last thing I want to do is be having a cold shower because it really takes a lot to warm art.
Speaker 2: That's the that's the thing, so you have to like get through. That's what I've been really struggling with. So I just turn the cold up real hot, and the first thing, I just put my stuff around me and I run in and get like as warm as I came quickly. It's hard. I want to clean out one of my my recycling bins at home, like wash it out with cold water, go for a run around, and then pick up a bag of ice, walk back home, put it in the bin so it's full of water, and then have like an ice bath in there.
Speaker 1: But when it's dirty, clean clean at first.
Speaker 2: But I haven't got around to cleaning it, so I haven't done that yet.
Speaker 1: I thought you meant in the process of cleaning it, they.
Speaker 2: Definitely clean it out first, because I think that like I can't fit in my bath. I'm fucking huge, so I don't fit in the bath, so I need to get like a big bin and then I can just like crouch in it and all the ice and I'll be real good. So let you know how I go. Actually, I'll just do that now that I've now that I'm held accountable and talking about it, I have to do it, so I will.
Speaker 1: This actually reminds me of what I want to buy Michael for his birthday, because Michael is like a health fiend. I don't know if I've been spoken about this to you guys, but he is like so big on health. He loves running, he loves eating healthy, which is great because it has encourage you. It encourages me. Heaves like I'm you know, I can be quite influenced to eat like you know, chili fries, pizza, like all of the bad stuff, but the good stuff, you know what I mean. But yeah, Michael's a health fi and so I was thinking for his birthday. I was actually looking them up last night. So it's funny that you say this. I was thinking of buying him like these little baths and then you can put like the ice in cold water in it. They're like three hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: You can make it. So what people are doing now is I looked into the exact same thing. You get an old chest freezer, so you buy it our Facebook marketplace for gum track the face and then you seal it up with like some cealant, and then you put like a thing in there, so you've got like a suction and like a pool pump sort of thing. Because I don't know what I'm doing, I could do it, and you have your own like ice bath that constantly filters the water. I was thinking about doing the same thing, so might I might make one for Michael.
Speaker 1: Then Matt's going again to give the best.
Speaker 2: Or you can buy your mind will be you come from the heart. I would have made it from scratch, almost put a lot of love work into it.
Speaker 1: Well it's of love. Yeah, Well, I mean three hundred and fifty dollars isn't the worst. It's kind of like a little like a paddling pool, but like for an adult, is.
Speaker 2: It the same thing what I'm talking about, Like, sorry sort of thing? I think. So, so you switch it on and what happens is I saw this guy do it on our Instagram or TikTok, and it freezes over the top, So it doesn't freeze all the water, just the layer of ice on the top freezers. And then before you go and you smash it.
Speaker 1: I'm getting cold just thinking about this. I think this one that I'm talking about, it actually gives you like a tray that you can put in any freezer. Then you put the ice into the water and it like freezes it up. But anyway, we digress, we digress.
Speaker 2: How was your weekend?
Speaker 1: It was good and we went house hunting because I just think I've like come to terms with the fact that like everything that I like is not in my budget.
Speaker 2: Have you done your pre approval?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, we've we hit up the bank, did all that fun stuff. But yeah, no, we've been looking kind of all over our house. Is it's been fun. Actually, my parents joined us and Michael's parents joined us, so there was like six of us going into like these open in sections. It was actually really cute. Yeah, and like seeing our parents get along is just so sweet. Like Michael and I were like on cloud nine and they were kind of like, I mean I think I enjoyed it, but like we were really enjoying it. So yeah, it's really nice that they get along. But all weekend, I've been having the craziest symptoms, like what just like, okay, so yesterday I had a smoke salmon bagel. You know how much I love my bagels. I just I hated it. And then last night I was like, okay, I'm gonna make us cause like Sunday night, you know, we have all of our like cheap meals before like Monday, right, So I was like, I'm gonna make my like, you know, a metric kind of pasta that Michael and I love with some garlic bread. Hated it just did not like it, like it had like a funny taste to it, and I was like, does it tastes sour to you? And Michael was like, no, it tastes unreal. And I was like, what is wrong with me? And then I was like, fuck, I've either got COVID or I'm pregnant.
Speaker 2: Both depends how you look at it.
Speaker 1: So last night I did a COVID test and it was negative. So then this morning, on the way to the podcast, I took myself to Colds and I got a pregnancy test and I did it just cle it, called it have it test mad.
Speaker 2: Pregnant, No, congrats, not pregnant. There you go, I did.
Speaker 1: I did so yeah. I mean, I don't know why I always think I'm pregnant, thinking it's not wish for thinking my food literally tasted disgusting, like I have a food a version, which is a sign of either COVID or pregnancy unless there's another reason for it. If there is, guys, feel free to tell me on our Facebook page. But I don't know why, Like I just think maybe me not being on like a form of contraception, even though I love it and I feel like I know my body so well now, I feel like every month I'm like traking you in your.
Speaker 2: Own getting stressed out every time. There's some sort of symptom about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I've got my mum being like, don't get pregnant before the wedding. You're gonna have like a two month old at the wedding. That's gonna be fucked.
Speaker 2: It's pretty cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but how am I supposed to take a child to Europe? True, that's just I mean, unless you want to, Like, no, I'll be.
Speaker 2: Busy, trust me, I'll be busy in Europe.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I'm not pregnant. Thank goodness.
Speaker 2: I've seen the thing. The clear blue says, she's not She's fine, she's now. For now, I'm not pregnant.
Speaker 1: I don't know why, Like why is my food taste? Like why is my taste buds taste? And I have a metallic taste in my mouth and the last time I had that. Maybe I do have COVID. Maybe I'm early stages and you're about to get it too. WI.
Speaker 2: Actually I've had a crook. I've had some crook stomach issues as well. The last couple of the last couple of days have well I'm not going to put it in fully into detail, but I had can of baked beans.
Speaker 1: Say no more, Say no more?
Speaker 2: Very windy geez baked beans. There what it could for your heart? The more you eat, the more you fart.
Speaker 1: Just jesus, it really took it out. You had a whole can of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I sort of hated it up the whole can. I dumped it in. I was rushing and I couldn't be bothered like cooking something, so just put him in the microwave, and I hated it up the whole thing. And then I just ended up putting it on my toast and just smashed it.
Speaker 1: You know, some people love that, but that is probably one of the only things that I would not eat, like a can of baked beans.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I just hate used to well, like this spaghetti with that red sauce, Like, oh, I hate that.
Speaker 2: I hate spaghetti because that was my ritual can spaghetti on toast before I played football every day for like ten years, so now I used By the end, I hated playing football, so so.
Speaker 1: Then you've associated it with the food.
Speaker 2: So I can't even look at that or try it. I was like, every time I smell it makes me feel sick.
Speaker 1: It's so funny how we associate like specific foods or smells with like places or times in our life, or music.
Speaker 2: Actually music.
Speaker 1: Sometimes in music, I have like ex boyfriends we would have songs together and the songs come on the radio and I'm like, next, it's not going to happen today.
Speaker 2: There was. I do smells as well, So I'm wearing this role on. It's this one that I swear when I used to travel Europe, and I've actually started wearing it now full time because I actually know I like the smell and yeah, now so I for a bit there a couple of months, I was like, oh, I want to go back, but now it's just my every day smell again.
Speaker 1: It makes you feel like you're like traveling, traveling.
Speaker 2: But now it's just my every day roll on.
Speaker 1: Nice. I love it. How was your weekend?
Speaker 2: It was good. I spent a weekend away, so so Jen and I went away to Shepherd and I had to quote a couple of jobs up there and just made a trip of it. It was good. I didn't go on my phone the whole time, so full of to.
Speaker 1: Notice that you were mia.
Speaker 2: Full off the greed. Were you wondering where I was?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like what's happened to it? Where's he? Ah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I just felt like, you know what, I'm just gonna live in the moment. But again, like I struggled so hard to live in the moment, Like I just struggle, like before I know it, I'm always focusing on what happens next. Even though I was on my phone, I actually was beating myself up at the end, really, which I just lived more in the moment. So I'm trying the hardest to do that.
Speaker 1: It's actually a lot harder said than done. I think a lot of people, do you know what? I even did it? Like after my engagement party went like the next day, I was like, so what now? And I was like, Anna, like come on, like I'm still on Maybe it wasn't the Sunday, but definitely on the Tuesday, I was like, so what next? You know what I mean? Like, sometimes you just have to like live on the high or like live in those like amazing moments, because otherwise you just wish your life away exactly.
Speaker 2: And it's been a problem like my whole life that I've brought up with my mum multiple times, like I just can't just focus on the now, like you know, I'm even here thinking about like, oh okay, well i leave here, I've got to do this and do that. Like I've got to like try and train my mind to live in this present moment. I think it's easier said than done. If anyone's got any tips, yeah, I want to know, Yeah, but yeah, we went.
Speaker 1: I think being grateful for the moment is I think how I've learned to live better in the moment, just being like I'm grateful for being in this studio right now.
Speaker 2: You know, Like, do you have a gratitude.
Speaker 1: I don't, but I do mantras every morning when I wake up. It's the first thing I say, like I'll be like to Michael, I'm grateful for you. I'm grateful for our apartment. I'm grateful for and I kind of like list things that I'm grateful for in my life.
Speaker 2: I am, I have one before I go to sleep, and I write three every night. And they started, like, you know, getting a bit cliche, like I'm grateful for, like I am grateful for like running water on my roof, over my head, all this sort of stuff. But I was like, you know what, I'm going to focus on each day and be grateful for those things in that day, so I am living in the moment, so I write things that are solely about that day. So that's good. That's a good way of doing that as well. But on the weekend, we went to Cactus Country. We've always spoke about going there.
Speaker 1: That's cool there. No, I didn't even know it was a thing until you were there.
Speaker 2: So I was saying that they've actually got the cheat code, like what they've done there, so they've made like a full cactus area. But cactus are the most easiest thing to maintain, Like if not, you don't have to maintain them. They just grow by themselves.
Speaker 1: True. I mean I did once kill a cactus, but I am like, I don't have a green thumb.
Speaker 2: Did you manage that?
Speaker 1: Don't even ask me, But anyway, you shouldn't be able to kill a cactus.
Speaker 2: Yes, And they reproduced so easily. You cut them off and you just replant them, so you're not spending any money. Once you buy a cactus, you can just keep. So they found like the cheat code on that. It was really cool, like reminded me of like Arizona Desert or the cactuses. But I put a story up. I'm smash Naked and Afraid. Do you know that?
Speaker 1: I do know that you watch that, but I haven't watched it myself.
Speaker 2: So they dumped two people in random wild situations naked and give them like a pot of machete and like a fire starter, and they have to survive for twenty one days. And in this one episode they ate prickly pears and I was like, I know what a prickly pair is. How can you eat that? So I was like, I want to try prickly pair? And then they were selling prickly pear stuff there a the caacters. Yeah, I got to try a cake, ice cream, and a cider. I actually put a story up and I explained the naked and afray thing and I tagged Naked and Afraid and they've liked my things, so I've got an open thread with them now. So I'm thinking about messaging him saying, Hey, can I go in and do a twenty one day challenge?
Speaker 1: Would you actually do that? That is my idea of fucking torture?
Speaker 2: Well, it is genuinely tat do you reckonize?
Speaker 1: And also your dick is like out for everyone out for the world to see, Like I would be watching it, like, how would wear it?
Speaker 2: Wear it?
Speaker 1: I'd want to see blurred you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You wouldn't want to see me cry in fucking in some random wild if I.
Speaker 1: Was to do it, give me crying after like ten minutes, and there he'd be like.
Speaker 2: Imagine me without my retainer or fucking my toothpaste.
Speaker 1: What about your fucking colsal creepy premium. That will be like your whole face will be covered in colesaws by the.
Speaker 3: End of that.
Speaker 2: Why vitamins, No vitamins, no, no food, Like it'd just be how long can I.
Speaker 1: Your face moisturizer?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, yeah, face hand.
Speaker 2: Face hand. I'd be fucked. They'd be like wife Matthews scurrying off. He's got like a sack of this stuff and you're like, no, you don't rip it off me. Regon I go two days, Well.
Speaker 1: Don't say that.
Speaker 2: I'd go the whole time. I'd clock it. I'd clock it, and I'd make some serious good TV.
Speaker 1: Guys, make some great TV. You just cry for forty eight hours straight and they'd be like, I need some serious psychiatric help.
Speaker 2: People do it and respect to people that do it. I reckon twenty one days out there, no fucking yeah, no anything, no TV. You've got to make your own fire.
Speaker 1: I don't even I don't even camp. So like I think for me and you too go in and do something like that, it's a little far fetch. Like for people who live on the lamb.
Speaker 2: Well they do pick survival, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then of course for them it makes sense. I think for you to do it like it's it.
Speaker 2: Just comes straight, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: There's no like eyebrow tintings or now that you do that.
Speaker 2: But you know what I mean, I'm straight from my like my fucking bamboo pillows. It's just nice, like mattress to sleeping on the floor.
Speaker 1: I actually have a great recommendation seeking of like sleeping arrangements, just to do like a swift left turn from that conversation, I bought a mattress topper.
Speaker 2: I've got one. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: I was literally on TikTok and I never do this this. It was like this girl and she was like, oh my god, my sleep has changed. This is incredible, And I was like, you know what, I'm just gonna buy what she's selling and I'm going to pray to God that it works and trust me, when I say I've put this mattress topper on our bed, this weekend has been the most rested, beautiful sleep I've had in a very long time.
Speaker 2: Let me know after is what one you got, and I'll see if it's the same as mine. Mine's unreal. I swear by it.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like sleeping in a hotel bed.
Speaker 2: Do you have what mattress? Do you have a spring or a memory home mattress?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure, but I know it's a good one. But it was brought a while ago. It's probably like ten years old at this I don't know how long the mattresses last.
Speaker 2: Year, probably at any mattress France.
Speaker 1: In my new house, Michael and I have said that we want to get a king bed because we're both quite tall. Right now, we're rolling a queen and it's just not that we don't like being close together, but like sometimes it is nice to kind of spread out. We just don't have that luxury and like you know, Michael six to three, I'm five or eleven, like we could use the extra space.
Speaker 2: Looking at bedrooms that can fit a king in there, Yes, yeah, I want to get a king as well. For the next one, even if it takes up the whole room, that's my bed room, that's my bed walk, that's my bedroom.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. Is our room at the moment, it's a queen. We have a queen bed and the room is like quite tight. So like that's like Michael's main focus. My main focus when looking for house is I want a bath in the house because I love having a bath. They find them so relaxed.
Speaker 2: Just renovate it and put a bath in.
Speaker 1: True, Well what when we get it? Yeah, true, true, sure house, yeah true. And Michael's is like I want a big bedroom, main bedroom so that I can fit a king.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well I was going to get a king, but it was when I was moved out with my mates, so my room would would literally have been the bedsroom. Nothing the bedsroom. So I got a queen. But my recommendation is Guardians of the Galaxy Volume three went to the premiere last week because my mum brought my mum movie. Yes, so have you seen any of Marvel movies? You could probably watch this as a standalone.
Speaker 1: Wait, hold on, is Margot Robbie in one of them?
Speaker 2: No, that's that's that's just wholesome. So you say, okay, just moving on. I have no idea, you see I Oh, well, if you're if you love this is for people that love Marvel. It's it goes back to the like the old Guardians of the Galaxy, not the new phase of movies. So it's really good. But I've got a funny story. So we went to the premiere all fun saw the movie, teared up a little bit, then went to the after party at the Forum. So it was hosted by Spotify, Marvel, and Disney Plus it was pretty cool. They had some DJs playing. It was Cosmo DJ's. It was pretty cool, cool setup. But when we were leaving, my mom's like, I really need to go to the toilet, and I was like, yeah, cool. Like we walked down a side bit and then she walked down the stairs went to the toilet. I was like, I'll go as well, But in that split moment, Mum didn't say anything to me. So I walked down the stairs, walked into the bathroom. I walked around. It was a big one. If anyone's been to the forums like I had like all the cubicles around. I tried to find a urinal I couldn't find one. I was like a bit suspicious. Went into one of the bathrooms there was you know that girls have the toilet dispenser there. Yeah, I was like the girls, Well, my mind was this is a unisex setup. As I walked in, you know, like like all toilets, it was giving chumicles and then like had the sinks in the middle, so it had like a unisex sort of setup. When I didn't see urinals, I was like, okay, like this might be a full unisex one, like just cute, like you know what I mean. So when in went to the toilet, heard a lot of girls in there, walked out. There were girls like taking selfies in the mirror, and they just stopped and looked at me, and I was just like this is this isn't a unisex bathroom, is it? And they're like no, it says ladies on the outside. And I've never ran so fast in my life. I was like, I am so sorry. It just sprinted out, sprinted out. Well, my I was like every unisex bathroom I had been was like that, Like I mean, at you, it was like that. I went to one in the fed Square, which was exactly like that was unisex as well. So I just think it was.
Speaker 1: In my mind that's so funny.
Speaker 2: It was so embarrassing. So I'm sorry to those girls that we're in that bathroom. There was there was one absolutely just going helpful leather in the bathroom next to me. What do you mean she'd had Muma's enchiladas the night before that.
Speaker 1: You can't go to a girl's toilet and then shame the girl.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, shame in that. I had faked beans the other night, and I'm telling you I had issues, but I just it.
Speaker 1: Was worse enchiladas or the beans.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to pull myself under the bus.
Speaker 1: Oh god, Okay, on that, Speaking of events, I'm actually going to and Juliet the musical. Have you heard of that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I haven't, but I fucking love a good musical. There's nothing better than the theater. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of like a spin off on Romeo and Juliet. But I think Juliette is like an empowered woman and she's like stronger than the Romeo and Juliet character. She's kind of like, well fuck it, I'm going to be an independent woman.
Speaker 2: Does kill usself at the end. Is this a prequel or a sequel sequel?
Speaker 1: I don't know what. Don't ask the question. Yeah, so I'm like very excited to see. I think it's gonna be great. I'm going to give you guys an update. I'm going with all the girls. So, yeah, the girls are going to see and Juliet.
Speaker 2: And empowering women's one. That's cool. It is, it is okay, So let me know how that goes next week. Then I'm excited to hear. Maybe I might go check it out afterwards. It's a good one on that. Well, let's jump into the hot line.
Speaker 1: Hello, you've reached Anna and Nutt.
Speaker 2: We can't get to the phone right now.
Speaker 1: But please leave us a message on our hot line after the beap.
Speaker 2: This hot line comes from Amber.
Speaker 1: Hi, Matt, Nana.
Speaker 4: My name's Amber, love your pod.
Speaker 2: Thanks Amber.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to send in this funny story to you guys. So a couple of years ago, I was seeing this guy and we've been seeing each other for about eight nine months, and I get a message from one of my friends that worked at the local bar and she's like, Oh, are you still seeing And I was like, yeah, why do you ask, and turns out who's been seeing one of the other girls that she works with the Buck And so I kept it to myself and organized to get.
Speaker 1: A job there to work with this girl.
Speaker 4: He knew about that we were together, and my first shift was just her and I on and when she got there, her face looked like she'd seen a ghost and was like, what is she doing here? Anyway, we sorted out differences and we ended up being really good friends, and we're still really good friends today.
Speaker 2: So the other girl obviously knew they were together, and she was seeing the guy at the same time as Amber.
Speaker 1: That's kind of dog. I don't know if I'd be able to be friends with someone after they've done that to me.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, you know where they morals stand. I guess yeah, but they don't care about that sort of stuff, and she might do it again to you Amber, So who knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, be careful. I don't know, Like I feel like, eight to nine months of seeing someone, you can't be doing that.
Speaker 2: No, you can't.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm assuming they're like official, eight nine months of being official.
Speaker 2: You would have had the exclusive chart. Surely, surely, I mean, some people don't we just move really fast.
Speaker 1: No, I think you would. She said they were seeing each other for eight to nine months.
Speaker 2: Well, that's enough time to produce a baby, so it's enough time to produce a relationship.
Speaker 1: I just like don't know why or how people can like sleep at night, Like I would just be so riddled with guilt, Like how would he be.
Speaker 2: More than anything that? Like, it's just obviously they people know people. There's seven degrees of separation is not a thing anymore. It's like three to people know. Everyone knows fucking everyone in this day and age, and like with technology and everything and just the way everything is these days, people work gets back.
Speaker 1: So he would be one hundred percent. I saw this video recently and it was this psychologist and she said, if you cheat, it's not a matter of if they'll find out, it's when. And she's like, I've dealt with this for like couples who the guy cheated like twenty years earlier and they're in like a thirty year marriage and they find out thirty years later. Because the thing is is the more people live, the more they integrate, the more people they know, and it's always a case of when, and.
Speaker 2: It's not that hard for like say, someone to be like, oh you like you know, I mean you cross past some or someone says oh I know blah blah, they know blah, and they go, oh, I slept with blah blah. Yeah you know yeah, and then they go, oh, well then I'm going to tell thing. And it just yeah, seven degrees of separation is anything? It's like three? Yeah, I reckon. Yeah, So just yeah, that guy's an idiot.
Speaker 1: Yeah I feel bad for it, but I mean I feel like she's kind of done the whole like keep your friends close and your enemies closer almost, and you know what, that is a thing people do that, Definitely people do that. Like I remember, before I went on Too Love Island, I was seeing this guy and then obviously I went on Too Love Island and came out in a relationship. But the guy who I was seeing I went into Love Island had been seeing this other girl whilst I was, you know, in Love Island, and they had like gotten together with them separated, and she tried to like befriend me because like I felt like she was like trying to keep her friends close but her enemies closer by being friends with me. She that guy date him again, even though I was in a happy relationship at the time, but like you know what I mean, and then it's like once once they know, well, yeah, you know, you know what I mean. I was happy at the time, but like you know, once I became single from Josh, she very quickly like turned on me again. Well she had actually said some like things to him, being like don't hook up with Anna or something, and then he told me and anyway, long story, sure, you know what, it wouldn't surprise me. Like I feel like Melbourne is very like incestuous. Wasn't like your extron hook up with my ex at one point to get back at both of us.
Speaker 2: Just so it's you know, it's excited. It's exciting, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like you just can't predict anything. And the thing is is like they all think it's not going to.
Speaker 2: Get back, but it all I think that one was trying to get back. I think I was going to get back to us.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just funny, like the four of us all hung out and then like you know what I mean, we all go our separate ways. We're still friends, and like, you know, anyway.
Speaker 2: Some people just don't know you can't trust them.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's hear the next hot line.
Speaker 2: This hot line comes from Ashley.
Speaker 3: Hi, Anna and nad absolutely love your podcast. And I'm a few weeks too late, but I just thought i'd share my long distance relationship story. So me and my partner met a couple of years ago. I was living in Melbourne at the time. He was in Brisbane. He's in the Army and I was working in hotel quarantine and that's when the Army had to come down and assist. So we were both working together in one of the hotels and that's how we met. However, when we first met, it was strictly platonic, like we were just good mates. For me, there was no physical attraction there whatsoever. Like all I saw him was as a mate. We had hung out a few times when Melbourne reopened and nothing ever happened. So he was in Melbourne for about three months and then left in May and went back to Brisbane and Melbourne had just gone back into lockdown. We continued to FaceTime every day just as mates, and slowly it just progressed to more and we just got to know each other on a really like intimate level, but like really emotional as well. We just had this complete emotional side and a little bit of a physical but as much as you can like being long distance, and by the end of June we had decided that we were exclusive kind of Unfortunately in Melbourne stayed in lockdown until November, so we're constantly just doing this long distance and when the boarders finally reopened, he actually got sent away for three weeks for a training camp, so he wasn't able till mid December. About a week before he came, I just started to like really panic and freak out because I was just like in my head thinking we've only ever hung out as mates, like we've never hung out as a couple, We've never hung out as anything more. And I just started to worry that it wasn't going to progress to in pass and as it has been an online relationship kind of thing. However, when he got here, everything just fit. We had our first kiss at the airport and it all just fell into place and was magic pretty much. Three months later, I moved to Brisbane. A couple of months later after that, we actually got engaged, getting married at the end of this year. So romantic long distance relationship story even though it was hard. But what we've actually had to do is continue during long distance at periods of times. As I mentioned, he's in the Army, so he does go away quite a bit, sometimes just for a couple of weeks, sometimes for a few months, and we don't actually get to do those like online date things like we would get to do when I was in Melbourne, like setting up the same time to watch a movie, or doing like pizza dates or taco Tuesdays, that kind of thing, because he obviously doesn't have time for that, and some of the times he actually doesn't have his phone, Like he actually just got back from one training that he was gone for two months and he didn't have his phone for a month and a.
Speaker 1: Half of it.
Speaker 3: So it's just about relying on that kind of trust and in your relationship that it's going to survive and everything. But I guess the hardest thing that I find being having too long distance is and a lot of people I wouldn't actually be able to relate to this unless you are dating someone in the Army, is just not knowing if they're okay, especially when they get them somewhere and you just kind of wait by the phone and hope that phone call never comes, and then when you do get a random number phone call and you answer in a panic and it's just spam James from the Wine club, and but you're safe and hope to do so. But yeah, that's just my long distance story and it is hard, but it definitely was worth it in my case.
Speaker 1: I love a positive story, and that was the.
Speaker 2: Thinking that was going to go the other way or how Cynica was. I just thinking this is going to go there's a butt's everything. Well. I love the troops, like serving us in that, but a lot of our stories, when it's someone in the army, it goes pair shape very quickly. So it's good to see that this one worked out on you know.
Speaker 1: What, when I think back to like really like big feelings that I've had with people, it's always when they're like far away or like you haven't been able to be in close contact at the start, because you like build it up and up and up in your head and your feelings just get like so overwhelming.
Speaker 2: Something that I thought about and when I was in a long dist relationship as well, was imagine, like you've been all this talking, you've had phone sex, sending nudes, the usual stuff, you know what I mean, and then you finally made up, and imagine if the sex just doesn't link off and you've been talking for like multiple months on end, I don't know, sex is just.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, I mean, how bad can the sexually be? Let's put it that way, like, yes.
Speaker 2: Sex is always good exactly.
Speaker 1: I was thinking that, like, yes, like it can be like there's like definitely like someone who's very you know what's the word like knowledge, curiance, knowledgeable, yes, experience, and there's obviously like level. But like when there's those types of intense feelings, it's just always going to be good.
Speaker 2: I feel like passionate and passionate, yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean, just like when you act actually when at first finally happens, finally it's like a crescendo of fire.
Speaker 2: If it was just like just not good, just did not link af and you're like, oh, I mean it was obviously great because he proposed three months later, he's dropping like this is unreal, imagined one and a half months not talking to him and like she said, not knowing, like they're I can't imagine if they're actually doing like going out to war and that would be fucked like the stress of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get sad Michael's work. Michael's gone back to like he was doing three days working from the office, two days at home, and they his work has just changed back to five days. And I'm literally like so sad that he's backward Michael.
Speaker 2: Cramming what's out there.
Speaker 1: I actually can't imagine like that type of like constant anxiety of like it's it's like life or death, Like that's so stressful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I couldn't do that.
Speaker 1: I don't just and like she said, like unless you're in the situation, you just would never fully understand it.
Speaker 2: It's amazing, Like it's amazing what the troops do, but then imagine the people they leave at home in the stress they have.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, it has a whole impact on families.
Speaker 2: Well, Ashley, I am so happy for you. We love to hear positive stories on this hotline. A lot of them are very you know, cynical or don't end up with a happy ending, so it's good to finally hear one or get to hear one.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, if you guys have a positive story that you want to send us in or not positive story, we're.
Speaker 2: Open to the miment. Yes, we hear a positive story the wild ones that end on like you know, a negative note. Sometimes people need to hear them and you need to let them out, so let us let us hear them.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Make sure you send your story, times, questions, advice, or tea or any topic at all to our Instagram or to wears your Head at pod at gmail dot com. To be featured on an episode, all you have to do is send a voice note and ali because our producer will be in touch and she'll put it on our hotline ready for Matt and I to react to. Okay, Matt, that's all we have time for. Make sure you rate our podcast. It really means a lot to us, and once you rate it, send us a d M so we know who you are. We are giving away some merch that we have left over, which is now no longer on sales since is very special VIP merch And until next time, see ya, hi,