Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiical Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining us.
Speaker 2: Today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 1: I'm Britney Saunders and I'm all right hey.
Speaker 2: And this is High Scrollers, the podcast version of your favorite group chat.
Speaker 1: We've been sharing our lives online for over ten years, so who better to catch you up on everything that's going viral.
Speaker 2: Plus we talk a lot about ourselves too.
Speaker 1: Coming up on this episode, I requested a song to a DJ on a night out recently, and Matt's got an opinion on me doing that.
Speaker 2: Plus I'm going to revert you back to the olden days, dol. I've discovered something that is going to change your life. Electronics out the window. We're going back manual. I'll tell you all about it. Oh and just a fair warning, I do hijack this episode by talking aout Kylie Minog for about half an hour. Sorry about it, don't care, deal me in do Let's go. Good morning, Matthew, and what a beautiful morning, it is.
Speaker 1: Well, it's an exciting week for you, doesn't the Kylie tour stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I'm already on it. I'm already on it right now. I think we're obviously recording this a little early because I'm away. You're away as well. But I think right now, I think I'm in Adelaide from memory. I've got four days in Adelaide. Adelaide, oh twice in my life. Yeah, did adelade Fringe festival that I did my Dancing Queen tour.
Speaker 1: I've been to Adelaide twice in my life too. Once was years and years and years ago. There was, like I'm talking eight nine years ago, there was a makeup trade show in Adelaide and it was when I was like a beauty guru and they had me come down and like do a meet and greet thing there. And then the other time that I went there was last year when I was trying to suss out a fate Adelaide store. And I do have to say those two times I've gone to Adelaide, even though they're very far apart in time, I really get a good vibe when I'm in Adelaide. Yeah, it is nice, like every time I'm there, even though something being twice, it just feels good when you're in Adelaide. Would you say the same, Matt, Yes and no.
Speaker 2: I feel Adelaide is fun, but it does feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone sometimes, Like I walk around and I mean like I walked through that Rundel mall last time I was there, and I felt like everyone feels like a robot. Like I felt very Truman Show. Actually really it's very Palm Springs.
Speaker 1: It does feel a bit Truman Show, or like the vibe that I get when I was there. But when I was there last year it was raining, so it was a bit like morbid. But I feel like everyone in Adelaide maybe it's a little bit like Newcastle. Everyone's kind of just living in slow motion, like it's it's not hustle and bustle. It's not like Sydney. But I feel like Newi is the same, Like it's just relax, like no one seems in a rush, like it's just everyone's gone with a flow. And maybe that's why I like it, Okay, because I love that about Newcastle because when we're here on our usual Mondays doing the records and I'm fucking driving over the Sydney Harbor Bridge and it's twists and turns and trying to find a park. I love when I go home to Newcastle and it's just like peace.
Speaker 2: Okay, nice. Yeah. I feel that that Maybe that's why people were giving Robot because that was so slow walking around with like you know, but not a care in the world here in Sydney. Like I walked through the streets in Sydney and everyone's like.
Speaker 1: Get out of my different energy. For those of you that live in Adelaide, to all our Adelaide scholars, you're gonna have to let us know in our broadcast channel. Are we correct in that observation as an outsider not an Are they called like Adelaidians? I don't know, Like are we correct?
Speaker 2: Also? I hate that know that Newcastle people are called Nova Castrian. No, that's what which isn't that? The street team of Nova Nova Castrians I think called the street team, like the people who were Super.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So there's a little fun fact for you all about Newcastle. People from Newcastle are called Novacastrians.
Speaker 2: But I used to feel the same way about Melbourne because like when I would go down to Melbourne, I'd be like like in Sydney, I feel like everyone's like, get out of my way. I got money to might let's go, Let's get out of my way. You could see the ladies walking through Hyde Park in their business attire, but then they've got the joggers on because they've got to walk fast and tagging their little heels off.
Speaker 1: You know, I reckon Melbourne feels relaxed.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure. I feel like you walk through a park in Melbourne at about eleven am and everyone's just laying there eating cheese and basically drinking wine. Yeah, we'll get the work done when we can be bothered done it. We've got all day to get the work done.
Speaker 1: Speaking of like busy CBDs and corporate people, Yeah, I've just got a question, and this could be a dumb question. So everyone working in corporate, what are you doing? Like? You know how you see people I are working corporate and they're like going to their corporate nine to five? What are you doing all day? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think they're all just what are they doing?
Speaker 1: I need to hear from the corporate queens? What are you doing for eight hours a day? Like just typing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all I want to see on TikTok is like the corporate girl is being like, here's my nine to five. But I've seen.
Speaker 1: Those girl who's on TikTok and it's just like them typing and then having the coffee. But I'm like, what are you doing for eight hours? Like? Are they just making shit up? I can't. I can't see how there is a job where you could just be typing for eight hours of the day.
Speaker 2: I think that's everyone in this current state of the world. Like, I think we're all just making it up every single day, aren't we. Aren't we all just waking up each day going I don't know what I'm doing, but I'm going to pretend that I do. At least that's me.
Speaker 1: The other day, I was at my fucking coffee shop outdo which, by the way, you did a viral video about a month ago now probably, and everyone was like, I didn't know she had a coffee shop. Yeah, fucking get with the tome.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like you never talk about it? True?
Speaker 1: But see I never talk about it because I feel like everyone just knows. So then I don't want to be like Dicky. Now I have a coffee out because everyone be like, shut the fuck up, yes we know, but there's a little marketing tip for all of you. I always assumed that no one knows.
Speaker 2: And that video, by the way, was from literally like almost a year ago, because when I filmed the video, I edited the video and then I was like, oh, I don't really love the video, like it's not that great, so I won't drug it out. Yeah, because I'm doing from the Vault series on the TikTok, So I've got all these videos from last year, taste tests and bloody vlugs and everything that I just never ended up posting because I don't know, you get sick of yourself if I'm honest, and I go, I don't think, can you get to yourself? Oh every day, babe, every single ou I wish you could all take a walk inside this brain, honey. You would be surprised at what's going on up here. You'd be like, what the bloody fuck get in the therapy now, Dylan, because what's going on. But basically, I literally will make a video, edit the whole thing, and then go, nah, not good enough, not good enough. So this year I was like, you know what, I'm just posted because I mean at the time of recording, as we said, we're recording this a little early. But I made a challenge to myself at the start of the year, and I was like, I'm going to post on TikTok every single day and just like see how that goes and see if that because you know, everyone always post consistently, post consistently. In the eleven years I've been on Sasha Media, I've never posted consistently in my life, like not once. I mean back in the day on YouTube it was a bit different.
Speaker 1: But back in the day on YouTube, like I swear, audiences were a lot different back then. Because I'm preparing to do a keynote speech at the moment, and I've been going through like all my old Facebook posts, like you know, when we used to use Facebook pages a lot, and I found my old YouTube banner because we used to like always have a cute decorative banner on our channel. And my banner said like Britney Lee Saunders new videos every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Yeah, and I was committed to four YouTube videos a week and we like advertise that it was on our banner. We said it at the end of every video, like see you in my next video. And back then, if we like missed a day, I remember, people would be like, where's the video? Whereas now I feel like audiences aren't like expecting videos at certain times, like you kind of just watch whatever's out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I was at Outdo the other day, which is my coffee shop slash cafe in Newcastle, AJ and I own it together, and I was with another friend and then this this girl came up and like saw my friend that I was with, and they're like, oh my god, what are you doing here? I'm here for she was here like doing some like conference thing, and she's like, fuck this corporate life, honestly, And I said to her, what do you do all day? And she's like, honestly, I don't fucking know. Like she's like I don't know, Like I just talk to people. And so I'm I genuinely think like, yeah, some corporate roles, they'd be doing shit all day left and right and center, meeting here, meeting there. But for the majority, like what are people doing in corporate and why is it called that? And where exactly do you have to work for it to be considered.
Speaker 2: Corporate, I have no idea, like.
Speaker 1: Does it have to be a bank? Does it have to be a finance?
Speaker 2: Wrong?
Speaker 1: And like what do you what are the jobs? What do you mean you work in corporate? Like you're a receptionist? Are you an accountant? Like? What is corporate? That's what I want to know someone.
Speaker 2: And like assistance at a law firm that corporatesing with like what exactly are you.
Speaker 1: Doing so I can talk about this? Actually, when I was Oh, there's Ricky.
Speaker 2: Lee, you're joke and I want to turn around so bad.
Speaker 1: It's just in his little room behind you.
Speaker 2: I love her so much, My god, Rain, she looks so.
Speaker 1: Beautiful.
Speaker 2: Should I have a look? Canna? Should I? Maybe I'm going to come over to your side? Wave just wave. Yeah. She's just said I'm not doing it. I'm not doing it. Literally, I love her so much. I love her so much and she's now so I'm like, oh do you know me off? Oh my god, I want to turn around so badly. She's literally right behind me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's sitting down now you can look.
Speaker 2: No, I don't want to look because it's gonna be it's going to be. It's gonna be obvious. We're gonna lock eyes and then it's gonna be awkward and then.
Speaker 1: She hate for she from the Northern Beaches or center.
Speaker 2: I don't know, idea.
Speaker 1: She smiled at me. I'm like, do you know fate.
Speaker 2: And fate she ever needed to outdo anyway?
Speaker 1: Corporate Ricky Lee, do you know what corporate is?
Speaker 2: No? Okay?
Speaker 1: So I can speak about working in what I think was maybe a corporate job. Okay. It was when I was living in Brisbane. I moved up to Brisbane. I got a job in a cafe straight away because it was like an easy job that I could get. And then I was bulk applying for nine to five office rolls on Sikh. At the age twenty, I thought that's what I had to do to be successful. I'd worked in retail, hospitality, like everything up until that point, and I'd had one nine to five job. My first nine to five job was working at pest control. Is that corporate?
Speaker 2: Okay? I don't think so.
Speaker 1: But why I'm in an office all day typing and answering the phone, surely that can be considered corporate. So let me continue my story. So in Newcastle, I worked at a pest control company. As like a person that was like an admin assistant whatever. Then I moved to Brisbane, got a job in a cafe, started bulk applying for roles on Seek and then one day I got a call for an interview. And I didn't know the company, because you know when you're just like applying for jobs online, you're just applying wherever the fuck, and they're like, Hi, got your thingy your application. Do you want to come in for an interview? And I was like sure, Sorry, where are you calling from again? I've just applied for like a few jobs. And she said, oh, it's G James, and I'm like okay, and she sounded like really friendly and down to earth, so I thought that maybe it was just like a little family business. It was a glass company, right, So I'm like okay, rocked up to this interview and I stupidly didn't do any research and then I found out very quickly when I got there it was Australia Wide company. And so I was his little twenty year old girl with a pinstripe came up button up shirt on lucky. I wore my button up shirt and it was for a role to be the assistant to like the regional manager in that area, and I somehow fucking got the job. And they said that like people with degrees and everything had been applying for this role, but I was the only one that made them laugh, and that's why they liked me. But it was this huge company and they had like in Brisbane alone, like multiple branches, head officers, like it was like a corporate company, but they like were a glass manufacturing company. And so I was the personal assistant to like the big boss that managed like all of Queensland. I don't fucking remember it was. So this is over ten years ago, and the things that I genuinely did, like it wasn't much like And I think this was a corporate kind of role. But I don't know if glass manufacturing can be considered corporate. This is why I'm so confused.
Speaker 2: Well I just give corporate and it just says a large corporation.
Speaker 1: Yes, So if you're working in a large corporation, this was a large corporation. G James Glass and Aluminium is bigger than O'Brien glass. But they're so big that I don't have to do advertising. But if you are in a building and you look in the corner you have. I've got the little logos. Yeah, I can guarantee you'll see G. James Glass. And so the tasks that I did in my corporate role was because there was so many employees there, it was always someone's birthday. And for the particular office that I was in, we always got to get the cake from do you know like that French particirio It's like lebon Sois, Yeah, but it's like lebon Chois with an X on the end, labon Sois. So it was my job to go like ten minutes down the road in like Eagle Farm or something for all of you in Brisbane and go and pick up the cake that we'd ordered like the day before and then come back. And like that was one of my jobs. And it was someone's birthday like once a week or maybe twice, and so I take my fucking sweet ass time I want to get that cake. There'd be traffic every time. Let me tell you that I couldn't find a park, like I would purposely take so long. And then other things that I did was like I helped with the time sheets for like the warehouse workers because they had like one of those old school clock in and clock out machines where you like dick the card in and it clock some in and out. Yeah, and then I just like punched in some numbers into like this program that they had and like I swear that was all I did and the dream. But that's when I see people on TikTok, They're like, come with me to my corporate role, Like I think that's what they're doing, Like not much, but you can argue with me scrollers for all of you in corporate, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: But we've had this conversation before. There'd be some people in corporate who didn't work very hard, yeah, and some really hard. It's like every bloody job. Also, that whole time we were talking about Adelaide, I was trying to find a photo in my camera roll because I wanted to share something about Adelaide. And now we've moved so far on it's not possibly redundant, but anyway, I wanted to say, I a savvy B. We know, don't we. I love a savvy B. Can't get enough of it. I had the best savv B in the world and I've never stopped thinking about it when I was in Adelaide, and it is from the brand or yeah, the brand name is Bay of Stones Savignon Blanc and it was an I'm pretty sure an Adelaide Hills or an Adelaide Savvy B. And it was the best Savvy BE I've ever had in my entire life. And I took a photo of it, and I've never had it again, but it's just reminded me I need to go and have it again because it was so good. So anyway, if you're in Adelaide and the bar has Bay of Stones Savvy B, order that. And you know what, now that I've said that, I'm so glad I'm going to Adelaide because I will be finding that Savvy B and I will be having that. But yeah, Kylie Minogue happening right now. If all's gone according to plan, I've done the big show, which was I was saying on the podcast. Remember when I was first locked this in, and I was like, I want to do an iconic look for every single show based on a Kylie Minogue look, but in my own interpretation. So take one of her iconic looks, like let's say the gold hotpants from Spinning Around. It's an iconic look that everyone knows except I don't want to wear gold hotpants because that's just not going to be comfortable for me. And I'm not going to feel good in a pair of gold hotpants because it's just not going to work on my body. And that's fine. So maybe we're wearing a gold skirt instead, and blah blah blah. So that's kind of like the vision behind it is like take a look, but then make it Australia's biggest glamours on style and be comfortable in what I'm wearing and not just try to replicate because no offense. But she doesn't wear that many clothes, Miss Kyle Minogue, Like she's got everysh got all the bits hanging out, and I've been doing so much research on this to get this done, and so many of her outfits are just like so you know, for me, like I wouldn't say I'm like self conscious, but like I don't like having my arms or my arm pits out. I don't like wearing tight stuff around like my waist or my stomach. And if you do Rocket Girl, and I love that for you, but for me, like I just don't feel comfortable doing that. And I I mean, I guess you could say I'm self conscious about it. It's weird because I feel I find myself. I feel like I'm so confident and I don't hate any part of my body. But I also don't feel comfortable wearing those sorts of things, Like do you get that at all? Or am I just crazy? And maybe I'm just am self conscious and I just need to admit that.
Speaker 1: I've been that way my whole life about my legs. So like you, like you won't see me wearing anything short, like even all through summer, I wear like long pants or long flowy skirt. But I've always been that way. But I don't know. I guess it is like a self conscious thing. But I think maybe this is stuff that we like learn in childhood or whatever, because my mum, my whole life growing up is like we all have big fat legs. It runs in the family, thunder thighs, fucking how damaged legs like that was drilled in shit, that was drilled like you and your sister and me, we all have the same big fat fucking legs. Like that's what we heard our whole childhood. And I heard my mum speak that way about her. So now like I'm wearing jeans today, like I'm a pants girly and like all the time, like, but it's just weird as well. Like so for obviously our own fate and we do short things, like we do skirts, and when it comes to modeling for fate and wearing all our stuff, like I'll model anything, like I'll model our swim and whatever. But in my day to day life, I don't wear any of our short things. And it's stupid because like I think it's stupid that we stop our body parts from allowing us to just wear clothes, like when you actually think about it. But at the end of the day as well, I'm like, whatever you feel most comfortable in, go for it. And like, you know, I want to say I want to wear a skirt or I want to wear shorts, and I always say I'm gonna wear shorts this summer, and then I never do yeah, and I'm like, why, like I should just wear shorts. But then again, like, if I feel more comfortable in pants and that makes me happy, then I think that's fine. I don't think we should put pressure on ourselves to feel like we need to wear the thing if we feel uncomfortable. But then again, I'm like, also if I just started wearing shorts all the time, it'd probably become comfortable. But it's just comfortable for me to wear my jeans or my long down town pants or whatever it is, because that's just what I'm comfying. Yeah, so yeah, it is like a self conscious thing, I guess. But also whatever makes you comfortable at the end of the day is all that matters.
Speaker 2: But in the same respect, some of the outfits that I am wearing de cad Moinoga not comfortable at all.
Speaker 1: And that's okay because when we're dressing up sometimes you wear something uncomfort or shoes that kill you, or you know, I've.
Speaker 2: Got the corset and it's about full sizes too small.
Speaker 1: But Ricki, Lee's.
Speaker 2: Going now, No, she's not lying.
Speaker 1: She's waving at me. Wave fat Wait where is she going to walk past? She's gone out the other way around the other side.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I love her so much, so never we'll never forget the I.
Speaker 1: Think I follow her? Do you follow her?
Speaker 2: Well, no, I don't love her that much.
Speaker 1: Let me see.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Originally I was saying, big show, I'm going all doing ten different outfits and then anyway, while I then gave up on that and was like, no, can't. Then I was like, I can't be bothered, just come back around. Oh my god, she's going to go anyway. Now I'm sick of Ricky. Let get over it. And then I was like I'm not going to do it. And then I was like, no, I am going to do it, and then I did it. And then right now as we're recording, I know I can see her in the fucking camera. Stop. Oh my god, no, stop, but.
Speaker 1: Very tall.
Speaker 2: Oh can we fucking move on?
Speaker 1: She's gone. Now look out there.
Speaker 2: That finally looks I love her. He looks amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she looks so glam.
Speaker 2: So anyway, then I was like, let's do it now when we're recording this episode because obviously, as we said ten times, we were recording it a little earlier. Right now, not everything is locked in, and not everything has arrived, and not everything has gone well like, some things haven't fit, some things don't look like the pictures online. It's all right now. It's a little bit of chaos, and I'm really stressed about it. So I'm hoping because the plan is for every single show, you're gonna get a like kind of get ready with me where I'm gonna explain the outfit, the reason that I'm wearing it, what that means to me, what like iconic look, what that iconic look means to me. Because there are also some looks that I'm doing that aren't iconic and people wouldn't even recognize or know, but they mean a lot to me personally, and so I'm like including them or doing my own versions of those, and there'll be like one video of me explaining the process of putting it together and what each thing means and all the rest of it. Then there'll be a second video of me just like looking hot in the Lawyer, and then there'll probably be like a carousel post on the Instagram as well of like reference photos and the photos of me and blah blah blah. I don't really know, I think by the time this podcast comes out, because I'm trying to keep it under wraps. I mean, my Instagram subscribers, no, some people have joined me on TikTok Live know some of the things that I'm doing, but I'm trying to keep majority of them under because also I feel like if you just do something, it's better than if you like tell people you're going to do stuff, and then you have all the feedback. Like I didn't want to tell people like, hey, I'm doing this costume and then people go, na that man, that's gonna be you know, I didn't want I just kind of wanted to like do it. And then I just I'm a little nervous about the reception to the whole thing because I'm scared that people are going to be like, oh, it either could have been done better or or oh, I like this one was like underwhelming. But also I've tried my fucking best as a plus size baddie, trying to source ten fucking outfits and not not just your every day where like we're trying to find gold corsets and pink feather corset and body suits and and fairy wings and oh my god, it's been a nightmare. I've done my best. So I just hope everyone appreciates it. And look it's all right. Hey, so it's always gonna be a little fucking tacky. It's glamour with a bit of fucking povo, you know what I mean. And at this stage, as I said, not everything's like actually come to fruition and look good. There's there's there's like there's three out of the ten so far where I'm like, this looks fucking good, Like I'm so happy. But the other seven, yeah, we're still working those.
Speaker 1: Do you need to work out what I'm gonna wear?
Speaker 2: I know, so I've locked in what we're gonna wear, because that's the other thing is I've had to work out. It's actually very meticulous. I've had to work out which city I'm in, who I'm going with. So, for example, Perth and Adelaide, I had to be kind of like conscious of what I was wearing because I was like, I've got to walk through the streets by myself to get to the concerts, so I was a little bit worried about where and you know, certain outfits. Anyway, I kind of shoved that out the window and went, whatever, I'll just wear it regardless, and they can Perth can deal with it. But I have to work out which outfit to wear when I'm sitting in the front row because obviously there's a chance she'll see it, and I wanted to be able to recognize it straight away while she's going through the chaos of performing live on stage, you know what I mean. I want her to record.
Speaker 1: What are you going to do When she recognizes you, sees your outfit, she obviously puts two and two together and knows what you're dressed does and she like waves you and smart, I'm.
Speaker 2: Faint and I and be recording. It's your job to record that, Okay, that moment, because I want to watch that over and over again. But the thing is, I just I don't want to fly too close to the sun with this whole thing. And I'll tell you what this is what I'm nervous about. I'm really fucking nervous that she actually will make a fuss about it and be like, I've seen you in the front row of the last four fucking shows in every city around the country, or her team tells her about my Instagram and TikTok content and like it becomes a thing, which, again to clarify, I am going in with the lowest expectations, and IM going in with the fact that she won't even see it. She won't see the videos, her team won't tell her. We won't get anything out of it. That's okay, it's going to make me happy to just do it. In general, I'm setting those low expectations because I don't want to be disappointed, like everyone's like, surely she's making a TikTok with you. Well, that would change my life and would be so exciting. But at the same time, I just don't see that happening, and I don't want to like think that that could happen because I can't. I don't want to get my heart broken. What will stress me out is if she does acknowledge it, and then we may have a little moment because she does do a lot of talking to the crowd, not like you know, Taylor Swift. That Error's tour was very production heavy. She doesn't interact with anyone in the crowd.
Speaker 1: She she just like might wave her fingers around there.
Speaker 2: It's like a theater show. You don't get an opportunity to be candid, Whereas Kylie does point to people in the crowd, have a chat with them, notice things that's going on around her, and talk and she does that in all her concerts, so like she's very much receptive to the crowd. If she was to talk to me, my biggest fucking fear is that I would choke because, like, for example, the last tour that I went to.
Speaker 1: Matt wait a sec. I just thought this is a main episode. Yeah, have we even done a royal flush?
Speaker 2: Oh shit?
Speaker 1: What we been talking?
Speaker 2: Oh fuck, that's fine, We'll get to a royal flush. We've got ages, Okay, deal with it. So anyway, I am scared that she will do something, to say something, because in the last tour, she like, did this song called Especially for You, and she would sing it with an audience member and oh maybe it was actually wild Rose now they think about it. I don't know, but she would sing a song with an audience member. My thing is, like I know the lyrics too. I want to say ninety five percent of the songs, not all of them. I would die if that moment happened with me and I reckon no matter what fucking song it was. It could be spinning around. The lyrics would leave my head and I would choke and I would not be able to sing the And then I look like a fake fan because I don't know one of her songs? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: But if you just dance around and like play it off like you know the lyrics, you know.
Speaker 2: It's twenty thousand people watching me. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm actually having nightmares about that is that something happens but it goes wrong. I think that's worse than something not happening.
Speaker 1: Again, I think you're overthinking this way too much.
Speaker 2: Babe, have you met me? I overthink everything in my life. All I do is think. My brain never shuts off. Okay, so true. Anyway, let's get onto our royal flush. Sorry about that, scrollers, please be upstanding for the royal flush.
Speaker 1: Okay, so my royal flush. I did have this the other week, but I just like didn't say it, and now it's kind of like older ish. Well yeah, it's older ish, sort of not news. But I can't believe that we all slept on Hardy Montag's music.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, seriously, like, yeah, I'll do it, bitch, I'll do it.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure everyone knows by this point now, but just in case you don't. Obviously, there were all the crazy fires that happened in LA and all the houses burnt down, like heaps of houses, including celebrities houses, and obviously Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag or this she Pratt now too, I don't know their house was one of the houses that burnt down. And he went absolutely viral because of it like got a million followers, blah blah blah. And then what he did to try and raise money for them both because their house burnt down, was he got her old music, which is fifteen years old, to go to number one on the charts, and like he's just encouraging everyone to stream, stream, stream, download, download download, And her song I'll Do It is like one of the most slept on songs. Like it is a fucking bop. I've been playing at NonStop me too, like, and I love the normal version and then I love the sped up version as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've only been listening to the speed up version.
Speaker 1: Oh, and it's such a good song and I can't believe. And you know what, Matt, I feel like it's a gay anthem, oh for sure. But why where with the gays to support her? Fifteen years ago?
Speaker 2: We were really I think we were.
Speaker 1: Did you know that song back then?
Speaker 2: No, but I was a bit younger, But I think the gays were definitely supporting. Oh, we always said, but there's just not enough of us, so we're slowly taken over looking at that.
Speaker 1: That's my royal flush is like discovering her old music. Some of the songs. I'm like, ugh, you know some of them I don't like as much, like Superficial.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a bit like tacky and she's got fashion fashion on me, on me, But Lady Gaga actually does a version of that song which is way better. We go, So I listened to Fashion and went, oh, hearty, I might skip this one, sorry baby.
Speaker 1: But I'll do it her song if you haven't listened to it blasted in the car, it is just like the ultimate girls bop.
Speaker 2: Like I can't wait to listen to this, Like, let's listen to it later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's do it, because that song is just it's been on repeat. It's like my hyper fixation song, and I can't believe none of us loved it until now.
Speaker 2: It's been my hyperfixation. I've had it on repeat for weeks as well, and like none of my friends get it. I'll put it on and wait for someone to comment on it and be like, oh, what's this? Wait?
Speaker 1: Was it in this episode where now it was last episode, I don't know what episode was where I talked about how I was drunk out for dinner and ordered AJ the c test thing for sleep apna. On that same night, there was a DJ in like the restaurant Bathing that we're at and he was playing like bangers and I knew him from ages ago, Like, so I got him on Facebook and I messaged him and said, can you please play Superficial by hiding montag And he's like, what's that? And like he didn't have it downloaded? And you can answer this question for me too, Like the DJs need to have things pre downloaded into their system or whatever to be able to play it. Yeah, they can't just fucking open Spotify.
Speaker 2: Well you can, but it's kind.
Speaker 1: Of it's annoying.
Speaker 2: It's annoying. You got to hook it.
Speaker 1: Because he wrote back and he's like, what is that song? And I don't have it download?
Speaker 2: And the thing is like if I played it on Spotify and then Spotify stuffed up, like you've stuffed up the whole night because the music stops. So it's just like but no, you have to actually download the song and then put it into software. I use the software called record Box, and then you have to put in different markers on the song for different reasons. So you need to put like a red marker at the start and the end so that the track knows where to so that the DJ decks know where to start and end the song. And then you can add things in as well, like you can add green ones to remind you while you're DJing when to press certain other buttons, so like the song will be playing and then when a green one is coming up, I know to hit the button on the next track. Rarely do DJs, I guess, just make it up on the spot, like we all know the order of songs that we're gonna play the songs in, you know what I mean, especially if it's a set like at a nightclub where especially if it's a set where you know, what do I What am I trying to say here? It's like when I do my glorified Spotify playlist DJing, which is where I literally just hit play and then hit play and then hit play, which is like I used to DJ for like a trivia night and then a drag show. So that's just like playing your top you know, all your gay songs, but I'm not really mixing the music together. Don't need the green things. But if I'm you know, when I used to DJ home the venue, like I need that green thing there because there's so much going on around me, especially in a club like that where there's people hanging from the ceiling, fireworks going off, confetti, cannon's fucking screens, everyone's dancing. That green dot coming into frame makes me go, okay, here we go. We got to hit the next song now, and I know what that next song is. So I'll never request a song from a DJ because I know how fucking annoying it is. And let me tell your scrollers, No, I need to say this. Let me tell your scrolls. Never fucking request a song from a DJ who is doing a mix. If they're just playing, you'll.
Speaker 1: Like, well, that's what I was doing the other night and it was like a dinner bar sort of thing in Nwie. It wasn't like a full DJ set. Yeah, he was just playing hits.
Speaker 2: Feel that's like better. But also if they say like I don't have that song, don't get upset about it, because yeah, you have to have like the song on your USB or some people use like DJ Tiger Lily told me once she uses a a memory card like we put in our cameras to do YouTube videos. Like a memory card she uses that. She says they're more reliable than a USB because if someone knocks the USB, that can bend and blah blah blah blah blah. So some people use a memory card. I always used USB though, but yeah, don't fucking request songs. It's so frustrating as and then you Also the other fact is like if someone if I didn't have a song, which it's always a random fun it's never like can you play only girl in the world? But Enna, yeah, babe, I've got that, you know what. It's always quiety montag ship like that. No one's fucking god bred.
Speaker 1: And I will say I only message him because I know him, and it was just this like dinner bar, pub thing, and I'm like, do you have this song?
Speaker 2: But as a DJ, sometimes you feel like you've ruined their night because you don't have their fucking off un released Drake track from two thousand and one that.
Speaker 1: I rode back to him for enough. We should stream it when you get home anyway, because it's a banger. And he's like, all right, what's your Royal flush, Matt?
Speaker 2: So my Royal flash is a toothbrush? What? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, you said that. You're going to tell me about your electric toothbrush or something. What is it.
Speaker 2: So let me tell you yesterday I was packing my bag and I packed my electric toothbrush that I use day in day out. Me Oral b one, very expensive, which by the.
Speaker 1: Way, recommend were all supposed to be using electric toothbrush. They've come out and said it's just way better than a manual one. I need to get one.
Speaker 2: I use a manual toothbrush, and you know, with an electric toothbrush, I've been told as well by identists that you're not meant to move it. You just hold hold it and polish each tooth. You don't actually have to like go round in circles and stuff.
Speaker 1: Would you recommend yours?
Speaker 2: Oh? Absolutely? I used the Oral B one. I cannot recommend it enough. I did not pay for it though it was gifted to me like years ago, and I just have to keep replacing the heads of it. But and I think they're like, I want to say, eight hundred dollars of it, like they're really expensive, two hundred. I would never spend that money myself.
Speaker 1: You just like one.
Speaker 2: I'll be cheaper now. I remember years ago though it was really expensive, but I would never spend that money on toothbrush myself. Thankfully, Oral be gifted to me years ago, and it really is the best toothbrush ever and I love it. But I'd already packed it in my bag and so then I was leaving the house and I was like, I need to brush my teeth and I've got my manual toothbrushes on standby, right, So got the plane Jane old toothbrush, pop some toothpaste on it, started brushing my teeth, finished brushing my teeth, all good, red my tongue over my teeth. I'm not kidding you. My teeth have never been so clean in their lives.
Speaker 1: Wait, this is the same toothbrush you've always been.
Speaker 2: This is a manual one, the electric one that I use every single day, the big eight hundred dollars oral be best on the market toothbrush that I use every single day in my bag already. So I've had to use just a regular shmegular old toothbrush that I just keep as a spare. I'm not kidding you. My teeth have never been so clean in there because.
Speaker 1: You're manually, like consciously, right.
Speaker 2: I was like, there's no pluck, there's like no I mean, there's not often fur after I you know when your teeth got bit furry when you first wake up in the morning. I mean, there's not often that after brushing my teeth with the electric one, but like, I don't know, I just ran my tongue over my teeth and I went, hang on a fucking second. I don't think my teeth have been this clean in I couldn't even tell you how long I went. That manual toothbrush slapped the shit out of the pluck.
Speaker 1: It was just a normal toothbrush, toothbrush coldgate.
Speaker 2: So I say, bring like a normal toothbrush.
Speaker 1: Well, I've used normal to that.
Speaker 2: If you an electric toothbrush this week, tomorrow, tonight, whenever try a manual toothbrush again, which, by the way, are so cheap. The only reason I have that manual one is because I forgot my electric toothbrush when I stayed in a hotel a few months ago, and I had to run to a convenience store and like, get a toothbrush two dollars by the way, so it's like a two dollar toothbrush. I swear it has cleaned my teeth better than the electric toothbrush ever could.
Speaker 1: Okay, what can I add to that? Yeah, I used your toothpaste. Yeah, like because we had a sleepover and whatever, and I forgot my toothpaste. Now I've been using the same toothpaste for over ten years. Everyone knows surely by this point it's Coldgate Optic White. It's the red one. That is the toothpaste that I've used for over ten years, since I was like nineteen. That's when I started using it. I forgot my toothpaste when we had a sleepover, and so I said, Matt, can I use yours? And you just had like a normal regular toothpaste. Whatever. Everyone needs to try the Coldgate Optic White because any time that I've forgotten mine and I use someone else's, it doesn't matter what brand it is. Number One, other toothpastes are so foamy, like your mouth gets full of like the foam. And secondly, it tastes like sugar if you use because Matt, now, if you're going to use a manual one, you need to get the Optic white because the Optic White one it tastes like a dentist like has cleaned your teeth, Like it's got that dental kind of I don't know, just you know, when you go to a dentist, it's got that smell and like that clean feeling. So every time I use non optic white toothpaste, I feel like I'm scrubbing my teeth with foamy sugar.
Speaker 2: I should have brought my grape one because I've got the one that you are, the one that you used. I have it in grape as well. The one you use was the mint see him in.
Speaker 1: You need Tokay, So here's out. You need to try and manual toothbrush. If you have an electric wit.
Speaker 2: That toothpaste you use is from my dentist, like he is his toothpaste that he designed and created.
Speaker 1: No, you need to try Optic white because it feels like your teeth feels so clean after.
Speaker 2: Using I've done opt to my teeth fucking burn. Yeah, it's like burning sensation. Like it's like I feel like I go and I'm going to breathe fire after I use off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels like it really gets in there and cleans, like you've been to the dentist.
Speaker 2: I've got this other stuff too that's like gritty, and it's like it literally like exfoliates your teeth.
Speaker 1: You The Optic white's a little bit gritty too, which I love it, love it, love it. Anyway, this has been a great royal flush. Yeah about brushing your teeth.
Speaker 2: And sorry that I spoke so much about Kylie Minogu. We really ran out of time with.
Speaker 1: This episode for half.
Speaker 2: Now, you know what, it's going to consume all of us for the next two weeks because maybe the content is coming out my ass and it's all Kyli coded, So enjoy that while it lasts. And then we only got a couple of weeks until you get all the American content and away people letting go, and we're going to have to do some spice up your life over there.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna have to do a blog because remember that time went to Coachella and vlog the whole thing and I lost my blog camera.
Speaker 2: Oh if you're good at that, you're good at that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've lost too in my life. I'm not gonna be losing it this time. We're gonna have to make some coach Yello vlogs. Well anyway, Matt, that's another episode done in Dustin.
Speaker 2: Absolutely thanks for joining us Scrollers. We bloody love y'all. We'll see on Friday for an episode of Close Friends. But anyway, Jeela better let you go. I'm off to Adelaide. Don't need a sappy bee.