Speaker 1: High Scrollers is produced on gaddigul Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past and present.
Speaker 1: Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. I'm Britney Saunders.
Speaker 2: I'm all right hey, and this is High Scrollers, the podcast version of your favorite group chat.
Speaker 1: We've been sharing our lives online for over ten years, so who better to catch you up on everything that's trending and.
Speaker 2: Sometimes we talk about ourselves as well. Coming up on this episode, we're talking Christianna's new face. We're talking Christian music. Oh, we're talking Christian music festivals. We're talking short Stack and Brittany's been accused of doing a hit and run. All that more coming up soon on High Scrollers. Deal means let's.
Speaker 1: Go, Good morning, Gymnast, Matthews.
Speaker 2: Body Elseimon Bars.
Speaker 1: Every love I saw that you went to? Was it like a flippy utchee?
Speaker 2: Yeah, big trampoline park? Totally different to what I thought it would be.
Speaker 1: Really Yeah? What way? Well?
Speaker 2: Okay we went because you know, as I've said on the pod before, the girls and I are trying to do things that are not just going out for coffees and catching up. So we thought. One of my girlfriends has a two year old and we were like, well, we'll take into the trampoline park and we'll also you know, have a fun time out. And funnily enough, we got there and I went, what the bloody hell have I signed up for? Because I just thought the trampoline park was like just you know, a PC YC kind of vibe, like a big kind of hall with just trampolines everywhere. Yeah, but it's actually like there's park hall courses and basketball like kind of I don't know, like you're on trampolines but playing basketball. There's like Ninja Warrior obstacle courses. Like it's a full thing. It's a full it's hard yack. I'll tell you that much for free. So I get in there, I look around. By the way, we are the only people in there over the age of eight, like everyone else is a toddler. And then there I am, big thirty year old stomping on the trampoline.
Speaker 1: Stomping on kids' heads.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, play and crack the egg with them and all you know, it just was so ridiculous and and I'll tell you what, it was a bloody hoot. It was like we were pissing ourselves. In fact, two of the girls actually did piss themselves a little bit doing flips. We were doing flips and we'll do just see the video of me doing a flip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so scary to me.
Speaker 2: It was honestly so much fun. And I'll have to take you there. It was twenty bucks for an hour, which at first I could well, at first I thought quite steep. Actually, at first I at twenty fuck dollars for an hour of jumping on a trampoline, But then afterwards you go actually worth every cent.
Speaker 1: I feel like I would get over in five minutes and I'd be exhausted.
Speaker 2: We thought the same thing. And I'll tell you what. It was blood It was so bloody fun.
Speaker 1: So what's your favorite part? I saw you doing like a front flip into the phone pit.
Speaker 2: Yep, so that that came favorite. But did you see now they've put on the phone pits that that covers over the top, which is genius. So it's still a phone pit with all the foam in it, but they've got big like cover over the You don't like synk sink.
Speaker 1: Down and they don't lose shit because I've seen videos on TikTok of those kinds of places and how they take all the foam out and then find all the lost and found in the bottom, like rings, wallets, whatever. Yeah, but that's smart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's not scary at all. The front flips were so fun. I felt as a bloody feather. This is amazing haveing my Katy Perry in space.
Speaker 1: Moment, you know, I get too scared that I'm going to hurt myself.
Speaker 2: Well, I will say. I went to do the Ninja Warrior wall, you know where you just run and go up the curve. Oh yeah no yeah, and I did roll my ankle on that.
Speaker 1: No, not worth it.
Speaker 2: And then my friend Ashley she got to the top and then she couldn't get down.
Speaker 1: Is there not like a little ladder on the side.
Speaker 2: It was only a fire man's pole. Like, I'm thirty, I can't be doing. All these little kids just flinging themselves on it. So yeah, proceed with caution if you're going to go, but also highly recommend it.
Speaker 1: Be careful everyone. That scares me. But I'll tell you what it reminds me of when I was a kid in Newcastle. We had like two of those like gymnasium center things. You know how you had no like bigger like you know in the Central Coast that you guys used to have like Infinity or whatever it was called it Tar.
Speaker 2: Intensity, Yeah, that was that was more like just a playground though it wasn't really like gymnasty.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Same. So we had like two playground things in Newcastle. One was called Flugels and one was called mega Mania.
Speaker 2: I remember Megamania.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And whenever someone in my class was having a birthday there, like I was excited about that shit, like for weeks and it just I was It's so fun and you just run around like you're on drugs for the birthday party.
Speaker 2: And in some ways you are because you're loaded with that much sugar, and you know, your birthday parties just went. Especially like my household was, like you know, I've said before, I grew up in a fat free household. We had nothing in the house that was unhealthy. You want to snack, you have a piece of front, you wanna you wanna ice cream, Well, I've got the fucking Valleia frozen yogurt, low fat ice cream for you. It's not even ice cream, it's fucking yogat.
Speaker 1: Even we were young, everything was low fat.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So when I'd go to a birthday party with you know, run by a different household, because people used to hate my birthday parties because they'd come and Mum and have all the healthy snacks, and I'd go to another one and Mum used to hate it because I'd come home feral because I'd just have all the soft drink and all the red frogs and all the everything, and I'd get home and she'd go bloody ell, next time, you're not having any of that food on the table.
Speaker 1: Really, Like, if they eat a heap of sugar, do they actually get like a high and run around? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think like it's like, have you never had like a full sugar soft drink? I mean, like, oh I'm a bit buzzed.
Speaker 1: Noah, I don't think I pay attention close enough.
Speaker 2: Ah, Well, there you go. Although you are probably immune to the pink feast now, so nothing gives you energy except have you had one this morning? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I had a purple one? Actually, yes?
Speaker 2: No, So what do you do this weekend? While I was doing front flips with eight year olds?
Speaker 1: This weekend I did a whole lot of nothing. On Saturday, and then on Sunday we went to the farmer's markets, which was a bit cutesye, and then we just like went to the shops and then we did just like a massive clean of the house, just a reset.
Speaker 2: God. Yeah, so boring. And I feel unlike you. I feel like you're always got jam packed weekends. Yeah, usual lam packed weeks.
Speaker 1: But I've just been in Queensland for Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. I got home late Friday night and then so I was like, I'm just gonna chill and that's all. I didn't do anything extraordinary on the weekend and I kind of.
Speaker 2: Like it, poor thing. Where does the rental car come into it? Was that a Queensland thing? Or is this No?
Speaker 1: It was from the rental car that I hired for the book tour week the week before. But I do have a bit of tea. I feel bad, but I'm gonna tell you what it is anyway.
Speaker 2: Matt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the week before, as everyone knows, like, I did my book tour and because we flew to Melbourne first and then to so we went from Newcastle to Melbourne, then Melbourne to Queensland, then Queensland to Sydney. And then we spent like the three days in Sydney, and then we ended up back in Newie. When we were in Sydney because we had so many events on, I had to hire a higher car and I didn't have my car down there because we'd flown to Melbourne, so my car was in Newie and so me talking about fucking hire cars once again. So last time I had the dilemma with the higher car place being like you know, on the other side of the airport anyway, and I had to hire like a van because April and I were carting around like big things for all the events that we were doing. And so the higher car company that I usually hire through it, they've lost a customer, They've lost a car.
Speaker 2: Is that bad? Yeah, that's happened.
Speaker 1: So I hired the car. And surely everyone knows to do this. But when you hire a car and you pick it up, take photos all around the car, you know, if there's any like scratches or anything, just so you've got proof of like what it looked like when you picked it up. So when April and I picked up this like van that we were driving around like not last week, but the week before, we put all our shit in and then I was in the car park and I went around the van and took a heap of photos. There was a few like minor scratches, so I always make sure to take photos of those, And then there was one like big scratch on the back door, like they'd definitely like run into something, but I didn't think anything of it, so I just took the photo and I was like, oh, that's a fucking big scratch. Whatever. Someone must have done it before me. And so we went about the week and then we dropped it off on the Friday back in Newie. And when you drop off a higher car, I mean I think it depends where you hire it from, but it's just like a drop and go, like you just drop the key off and then the person goes everything all good, is the tank full?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: Okay, see y'a. And so I dropped it off and then like maybe not even an hour later, like i'd gotten back to the warehouse, there was my phone was ringing and it was a Newcastle number, and like no one from Newcastle really ever rings me, so straight away my mind goes, oh, it must be the rental car people. Maybe I've left something in the car. And then so I picked up the phone and I was like hello, and then it was like hello, so and so from the car rental company here. I was like, yeah, how's it going, like thinking she was gonna say you've left something or whatever. Yeah, this woman, and look it was Friday, and I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, but she goes, yeah, you've just dropped up a van with a dirty, big scratch up the side. Would you care to explain? Like she just full went in on the attack. And I'm on the phone and AJ's with me and he could like hear her through like my phone without it being on speaker. She just went straight in to say that I had damaged the car. And I was like shook by her unprofessionalism and I was I literally said to her, whoa, whoa, whoa. First of all, don't talk to me like that. Secondly, I picked up that car and it had that big scratch on the side. Oh, well, you're gonna have to come back and show us. Like she just was like going off of me, and I was like, what the hell, helly, I keeps hand, what the hell what's that? And so she was like you're gonna need to come back, like when I just dropped the van back there, and then I'm like, hang on a second, like I've got all the photos. I can email them over to you and like, don't speak to me like that. Then I don't know if she like had a colleague with her. Oh, but she's like, okay, okay, okay, okay, cancel everything that I've just said, Like she fully backed down on the call, and she's like, here's my email, send me the photos. And I was just I was like, Okay, no worries, I'll send them over. So then I sent the email and I attached all the photos that I took, and I'm like, and because the good thing when you take the photos is their timestamps, I'm like, here's like I screenshotted my camera roll so it had the date and time, and I just said, here's all the photos as per requested. There was this massive scratch on the car when I picked it up. You can clearly see it in the photos. And then I just like it was Friday, and I was like, fuck this. So I just wanted to like give her a piece of my mind, and I said, like, in the future, if you're calling someone that has dropped off a car that has damage on it, Like, don't call them and say you've left dirty, big scratches up the side, Like just like, hi, so and so, like you've just dropped off a car, We've noticed some scratches, Like were they there when? Like is that not what they should fucking say?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was just SUREK, like I've I've never received customer service like that. And then I was going, well, maybe she's having a bad day or it's Friday or whatever, but like I would just fucking never.
Speaker 2: I wonder though, how many people would do that, would you know, because maybe she's gotten to the point where if she's too nice, people just take advantage of it. So she's got to come in guns blazing to it's like a tactic to freak you out and go, oh, I'm so sorry, so that you don't try and like fight back with her.
Speaker 1: But I wrote, like I'm a really honest person, like and I would never drop off a car with scratches up the side like these genuinely happened. They were there when I picked up the car. So in moving forward, could you be more kind? But you're right, maybe they do have people like because it's a drop and leave thing, like they don't come and inspect the car when you're there. Maybe they do have a lot of people do that. And within like ten minute of me sending that email, they call it again. But I just didn't fucking answer.
Speaker 2: Oh really, so you've got no idea what happened anyway.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they would have been calling to be like I'm so sorry blah blah blah, because I was like in the email, I was like, that was really unprofessional. Yeah, but I just didn't fucking answer.
Speaker 2: Won't we using them again? N Oh wow?
Speaker 1: And I think that is a reason like fair enough that I'll never like book a car with that business again, huh. Whereas you know, you have people like say, you know, maybe like a button has fallen off someone's top at Fate and they'll like give us a piece of their mind and say, I'm never going to shop with Fate again. But I'm like, come on, you know, but I feel like that was a time where it was warranted that I will never book a car with that higher company again for sure. And the good thing is there's plenty of other ones out there. So that's my rant of the.
Speaker 2: Week Britney's rand of the Week. You've been doing more rants than me lately.
Speaker 1: What next? I got more? No, I'm just kidding. We better get into the episode. Let's get onto our royal flush.
Speaker 2: Oh please be upstanding for the Royal flush. Do we still have the Queen introducing as Hannah? Yeah we do, thanks Queeny, resting face love. Well, I'll go first this week because my royal flush is something that I have seen all over the internet, but it's actually someone or someone in particular, And look, I I do feel conflicted talking about this, but I feel that there's a good reason because you know what, I'm like, I'm always like, don't comment on other people's bodies, you know, Yeah, but we might have to for this royal flush. But I feel like it's okay because she's not going to listen to this podcast, and also it's backing her up in a way that the internet hasn't for the last however long. Okay, My Royal Flush of the Week is Chris Jenna's face. Oh yeah, holy fucking shit, everyone.
Speaker 1: I just want to know, like, what is this sorcery? Like I've been seeing on the videos as well, and they're like all the plastic surgeons are coming out like saying, what they think she's had done deep plane face lift?
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably, And then people.
Speaker 1: Are going, that's why she's grown her hair down the back because all the scars go behind you, and she used to have the short hair behind her ear where she's grown it along so it's covering the scars.
Speaker 2: So if you haven't seen Christianna has had some sort of face lift, she looks younger than Kim Kardashian and it is actually phenomenal.
Speaker 1: Seventy you're not too sure, go google girl, but she's sixty nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she she's Genuinely when I saw this face, I went that is in saye, like, she looks so good. And the Internet is of course just being rude and mean and horrible about like.
Speaker 1: Here's the photo, like the before and after.
Speaker 2: She has never looked better. And I hate saying that because I know we're all like, you know, you don't mean plastic surgery, Yeah, we don't. If you want to do what you want with your body, you if you think you need a facelift, you get it. But no one needs a facelift, you.
Speaker 1: Know what, No one needs a facelift, but fucking.
Speaker 2: Hell if we all had one off and look that good. Seriously, sorry, but like the plastic surgeon, give him a fucking raise. Whatever she paid for it, she needs a double because double.
Speaker 1: But what I want to see is, like I'm looking at the photo now, which is the photo that we've all seen where she's got like a black strapless dress on, Like it's just a photo that's gone viral everywhere, but this is like a face tuned photo, Like I want to see what she looks like with no editing, because like obviously this is all smoothed and edited, and like I want to see what it actually looks like.
Speaker 2: You know, well, yeah, I think there's been some videos, but she's been wearing some big sunglasses in them. There were some videos from the Canned Film Festival, or she was some well out and about in Paris.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I want to see a photo like this that's taken by actual paparazzi at an event because I want to see the full effect. Yeah, I'm just like, fucking do whatever you want.
Speaker 2: Oh, absolutely, absolutely, yeah, do whatever you want. When it comes to plastic surgery, I'm all about that. But you know, we obviously don't want people to feel pressured. No, exactly plastic surgery, but fucking hell that makes me go, well, it ain't that bad because like.
Speaker 1: She looks like forty something. Yeah, she looks like almost half her age.
Speaker 2: And do you think something's happened to her teeth as well, because I feel.
Speaker 1: They do look very nice and white, and.
Speaker 2: It's more than just the facelift, like something else, even though look at the skin see from her like a declotage to you know, like how have they made that look so different? Oh?
Speaker 1: I saw a video on TikTok of a plastic surgeon like demonstrating with like plato looking stuff, like they had like a pretend face and how they would if this is a deep plane face lift, how it would work. And they literally like trigger warning talking about slicing skin open. But they like cut down here on the side of the ear and then there's like this muscle down in the cheek and they pull it up over your ear, like over the back, and like they fully pull your whole like this goes up that way and this goes back that way.
Speaker 2: The muscle actually goes.
Speaker 1: So they pull up something.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. See now though again it's one of those all right, Hey, moments eating his own words thing, because now I go, no matter how good that face looks, that's not worth it pulling a muscle from your jaw basically behind your I think the.
Speaker 1: Thing with plastic surgery is like when we do it, we don't because you're asleep, you're unaware of like how dream it would be like when you're knocked out and then you just wake up and you look great.
Speaker 2: But yeah, like I don't think we're meant to have that, you know what I mean, Like we're not meant to have our muscle pulled to behind our ear. That's kind of wild. And then I'm also like, how does her face feel? Now?
Speaker 1: You feel tight?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know it's equal parts like sligh, she looks fucking awesome, but then equal parts like sad that you know, we feel like we all need to look younger. And one thing that I always say, or like maybe I don't always say, but I always think, is like I always think about my Nan, so like, to to me, my Nan has always been my nan. My Nan has always looked like a nan to me, like you know, older, But never once have I looked at Nan and thought, oh she you know, like I don't look at her neck and be like oh yung yeah, or I don't look at her hands, which like age and I've never thought ew like that's my nan. And we look at all NaN's and think that they're beautiful. And I said the same to someone in our like Fate Society facebook group the other day, because you know, we all have our own insecurities and like different parts of our body that we're insecure of. And one like common theme that I notice, especially like with a lot of women, is like women being really insecure of their arms and wanting to cover up their arms. So we're always getting requests at Fate for more styles that cover the arms, and like, of course, like I do what I do at Fate for our community, and I want to make exactly what it is that everyone wants. But then I have those moments where I think, isn't it so sad? Like Number one, that we have insecurities that like stop us from wearing things, Like I'll see people comment like, oh my god, I love this top, but I would never wear it because of my arms. And we all have insecurities that quite literally stop us from wearing something because of a fucking body part. And then it goes back to my Nan, and I think I've never looked at my NaN's arms, Like I've never looked at my NaN's arms at any point through my life and thought, oh, she shouldn't wear that because her arms so true.
Speaker 2: Don't think I've looked at anyone's arms.
Speaker 1: Exactly, But that's like a massive insecurity, especially for a lot of women, is like they won't show their arms. But like, I look at my beautiful Nan, who to me is like the most beautiful person in the world inside and out, and never once have I looked at her arms. I thought, oh, she shouldn't wear that top. It's showing her arms too much. So why are we so critical on ourselves in that way when we would never look at like our Nan and think that, but like we would think that of ourselves. So it's really quite sad. But like, yeah, I love this is your real flush because obviously this is all over the internet at the moment, and I do think that, Yeah, she looks fucking amazing. She looks like a whole new person, she looks younger than her daughters.
Speaker 2: But she's been getting a lot of like backlash online for getting it done, and you know, people saying it doesn't look good. She looks Uncanny Valley. Now blah blah blahh shove it up your arstile. She looks in crad.
Speaker 1: I think like when you think of all the people that have had plastic surgery, like all the celebrities that have gone like too far with it, and they look like, yeah, uncanny Valley. Like if you look at Christianna's face, she looks awesome, Like that's a job well done if you ask me. But you know how some people have like a full plastic surgery face. Yeah, in comparison, she looks awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it's actually it just once again goes to show that if you've got money, like.
Speaker 1: What the hell, look at this photo, Matt, it'll be okay.
Speaker 2: So our lives. Chris Janner sixteen nine, looks half her age as she shows off new face after selling wardrobe to.
Speaker 1: Fit her slimmer figure.
Speaker 2: Oh didn't know she did that. Yeah nice.
Speaker 1: We're looking at like a before we've just googled Jenna face and like just the before and after there's actually insane. And I thought she already looked fantastic fantasy right there.
Speaker 2: And she's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's actually stunning, like in all the before photos as well, Like she looks there's now a photo of Kim and her, Yeah that's.
Speaker 2: What I mean, younger than Kim or same age. Maybe.
Speaker 1: I wonder then, like look at this photo of her from two thousand and five.
Speaker 2: She hadn't even aged that much since then. Now before the facelift.
Speaker 1: I then wonder, you know, it's all sorcery within this Kardashian Jenna family. With Chris obviously doing this, what kind of pressure is that now going to put on all her daughters because obviously like they've already got pressure because they've all had plastic surgery. Bbl's the whole lot. Like, do they now feel like they all need to go and get a facelift, you know, to compete with their own mother. I would hope not, but I think it would. It would. It pushes the beauty standards onto them even more. And you watch like they're all going to go get a face lift at some stage.
Speaker 2: You reckon, Yeah, see, I think it's just so. It would be so much more powerful if Kim Kardashian was like, look at all my wrinkles, bitches.
Speaker 1: I think they're never going to do that sadly or I feel like, is it Courtney, She's the most like different to all of them.
Speaker 2: I guess, Well, she evidently doesn't put anything bad in her body, so would she be doing botox and all the rest of that.
Speaker 1: Probably, But I don't see her being one to go and like get a facelift and stuff. But anyway, very interesting. I think Chris Jenna looks amazing, like no one can deny that. No, But where do you draw the line?
Speaker 2: Well, that's it, I mean pulling the cheek muscle over the ear. I mean I've been sitting there in silence ever since that moment because I'm just thinking about Chris Jenna's jaw muscle is currently sitting behind her. It's been never.
Speaker 1: Looked up the the o's of plastic surgery being but you can, and I like, I think even like getting a nose job, like they fucking whack your face.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I can't watch any of those botched. I can't. I can't even watch A Gray's anatomy because I hate looking at all the when they do the surgery and stuff like that. Weirdly, I can do n C. I s if the body's dead and.
Speaker 1: They're getting cut into I just can't do anything to do that.
Speaker 2: But when it's when it's like a live theater in a hospital, nuh or botched. I can't do and pimple popper. I'm not a pimple pop.
Speaker 1: I can't do pimple popping. Can't do blackhead top, No, can't. You can't do surgery, can't do anything. Remember you remember that show er No, it was like Gray's Anatomy vibe. But when we were younger, it was always on the TV and I quickly turn it off. I don't know if it was Australian, but like, I couldn't do it. I can't do any medical show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not big on any of those either. Oh God, I feel sick now quick, got to move on. What's your royal flush?
Speaker 1: I don't know if this is anyone else's for you page, but it just kept like it started popping up for me, and now it's all I see. So there is this music group called lynn D like l I N D, three siblings making music and this song popped up and I was like, this is such a cool song. It's a Christian music group.
Speaker 2: So the song's about God. Yeah nice, I'm all about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now what.
Speaker 2: I was listening to you yesterday, Say Yes by Michelle Williams featuring which Sorry to go on a tangent. Wait what, We'll get back to yours. Yeah, Michelle Williams from Destiny's Child. At least a song in like twenty fourteen called say Yes, but it was released as say Yes by Michelle Williams featuring Beyonce and Kelly Roller Honey that was in the top four that was played on the radio. I was working to say Yes by Michelle Williams in twenty fourteen. So I love a bit of God, A Bit of God song, you know, I love it.
Speaker 1: It's just funny because, like, I don't know, I think when I think obviously, like I'm not religious, and when I think of religious or Christian music, I don't think that it would sound super cool like that. And so these three siblings were popping up on my forty page and I was just like vibing their little videos, like you need to look them up. It's Lynn d Official on TikTok. They got twenty seven thousand followers. I don't know what country they're from, America, Canada, but I was just like vibing the music and the songs and like their outfits are really cool. And then like I didn't learn until like later on that it was like a Christian music group.
Speaker 2: We should go to a Christian concert. I need to take you. I've been. I've been to Christian music festival's gole Yes. We all remember by Church Love, you know, we were swept up in the emotion of it all, and we were going to oh what were they called, I can't remember what they were called. But you'd go to you know, your ASA Arena or I think at the time it was Sydney Entertainment Center and there'd be concerts, different bands on and they'd all play cool music, but that obviously all the music was about God. But it was like going to a real music festival, but obviously everything is Christian. And then obviously like between acts someone might come out and preach and talk about the Bible for a second, and then while the next band's getting ready to play. And oh, we had one called on the Central Coast called ground Swell. Ground Swell that was a that was a little music festival sort of thing. And then there was like a Christian version of One Republic, you know, One Republican Dula du Balala jazz. Yeah, so that it was like a Christian version of them from America. Anyway. I don't know where are they gone. I don't know. I think they made enough money from that one song and went, you know what, that's enough. No, sorry, I'm going on too many exchangents. We need to get back to you. Sorry. I was just saying, have you seen that video of Usher that's going not Usher, sorry, Acon, that's going viral about the ring tones? No, so, I'm sure it was Acon, Yeah, it is because he sings lowely, I'm mister lonely, I have no bad so Akon is on this podcast and he's saying that back in the day, remember we all had we all used to buy the ring tones on you know, your iTunes and things, and he was saying that he figured out that a song was a dollar forty nine on iTunes, but a ring tone was four dollars forty nine, and people wanted things like people wanted the ring tones to have a cool ring tone, right, And he noticed that and went, well, I'm going to start making music that's going to sound good as a ring tone. And that's how we got like mister lonely and smack that because you know that smacked that, like that beat smack that, like that boom clap sort of behind, like that is a fun.
Speaker 1: Ring tone you're lugging.
Speaker 2: So he was like, I'm going to do the ring tones, and so he started making music specifically for Ringtones, which meant everyone was buying the Ringtones on top of the songs, meaning he was making like six dollars per song. But obviously he had the contract right, so then he made so many songs that were so like the wh was saying the ring tones like outsold the number one song on the charts, but like if you're gone off anyway, He then renegotiated his contract to make billions of dollars because maybe not billions, maybe millions, but like so much money because he renegotiated his contract because before him, there was nothing in there for Ringtones. It was music. It was only the.
Speaker 1: Song i'mber buying. Like remember they would come up on the TV on like Saturday morning and like buy these ring tones and then you would like text a number press one or two and I'm ember getting like crazy, please mom, can I please buy ring tone?
Speaker 2: Do you remember when you had to bluetooth each other songs. But you're also back before bluetooth was infrared. Remember you'd infrared someone a song? Yeah, I remember. I really wanted this song and I can't remember where it was, but I really wanted it so bad, and so I said to this goal, oh my god, she had it, and I was like, can I please have it? It was I think it was like Buttons by the Pussycat Dolls or something. I was like, can you please infrared it to me? Please inferred it to me? And she's like, well, you've got to infrared me something that that I want. And I was like, yeah, fair enough, what do you want? And she was like I think it was like Untouched by the Ronicas or something, I don't know. And I was like Forever Forever. No, I didn't cost the infrared. I think it was Forever by the Ronicas actually, and I said, yeah, yeah, I've got that. And I quickly changed TNT in my phone to say Forever the Veronicas because you just change the file name. And then I was like here go you do you sent to me first, and then I was like do you go sending and then as soon as the center and I was like bye, thanks and run away. She would have played forever frother veronicas, and it would have gone, would have started playing anyway, So we'll go to a Christian music festival, I reckon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, anyway, that just surprised me, Like and if you go, I don't know why it surprised me.
Speaker 2: I've obviously never It's just something you don't think about it.
Speaker 1: And I think when I think of Christian music, I think of Abby Chatfield, how she's done, how she's done his videos about how she went to a religious school and they had to sing all those songs, Like that's what I think of. I don't think of them actually like making really cool for music fans.
Speaker 2: No, there's lots of cool, cool music. A lot of Christian bands, though, are very short stack are they? Like it's fair not in looks in sound.
Speaker 1: Iver told the story on the pod about how I had a friend back in the day and she was dating one of the short stat guys. Really yeah, so it was how old what have I been? I think I would have been eighteen? Yeah, I reckon, just eighteen, and I was friends with this girl who was like really into partying, that's right. So I was friends with her when I was seventeen and back in my fake ID days, and then I turned eighteen, so I was like going out with her with a fake ID, and then I finally turned eighteen, so I had my real ID, and she was like really into partying and like had a bunch of friends that were also into partying. This was also like when I was in my metal Militia era, Yeah, and she had a full sleeve or like she'd started working on a full sleeve no offense. But thank god I stopped being friends with her because like, you know how you are a product of your own environment, and I was hanging out with her, and like she was into really tattered guys, so then I was starting to get into really tattooed guys and the metal militia guys, and she was really trying to like convince me to start getting asleep, and like because I was in with that crowd and we were listening to like all that kind of music and hanging out with tattooed guys, like I was genuinely considering that that was going to be my style. And you know what, now that I think about it, I wonder how many people did that and now they like fully fucking regret getting this massive sleep just because it was cool within the crowd that I was hanging out with. And at one stage she was dating is it Andy from short Stack.
Speaker 2: I think everyone's got a story dating Andy from short Stack. I like, I know so many people who were like, yeah, one of my friends dated Andy from short Stack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well she was dating. I don't know if they were like actually going out or they were just like seeing each other, but it was this whole big thing and we were just so cool. And so they got us tickets to groove in the Mood up at Maitland in Newcastle. I was back in those days, and so we went and we were just with them for the day and I just remember like thinking I was so cool because I was, yeah, hanging out with short Stack. Anyway, I used.
Speaker 2: To serve torn coffee really used to come through.
Speaker 1: My going back together.
Speaker 2: Now they're doing a reunion tour right now, are they? And now it would be a good time to mention thank you to today's sponsor of the podcast, short Stack. I'm just getting me. They're on to it, and you know what, I actually genuinely would have gone short Stacks, my rece Maston. You know how you went to your Recemaston at the Stag. Was at the Stag. Yeah, so I'd go to the pub to see short Stack and but they sold out really quickly for the Sydney shows, I'm pretty sure, so I didn't get a chance to get it together.
Speaker 1: That just reminded me as well. Like you mentioned the Stag, which is a pub in Newcastle. Not this weekend just gone, but the one before. We went to it like another pub in Newcastle. And I love when pubs have raffles, Like I will buy raffle tickets whenever. I mean, I just love a raffle, Like you know, when you're anywhere, like at an RSL or wherever, and there's like the guys coming around, you buy a stack of raffle tickets. Yes, Like I will never say no to that. So I bought twenty for plenty they said, so you know it was like five for ten and ten for whatever, twenty for plenty. I was like, give me twenty for plenty or plenty for twenty, and so I got a stack and we won twice. We won a bottle of red wine and love yes, and a lamb shoulder. So you couldn't pick I could pick, but it was like that or like I don't know some other mints and whatever. So I was like, give me a lamb shot. I'll do a lamb roast. But because we were at the pub before we were going out for dinner, what.
Speaker 2: Did you do with the lamb shoulder?
Speaker 1: No, So I reckon, this is how they make some money, right, No one takes their meat.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, So.
Speaker 1: I've got a theory. With all the pubs out there, they do the raffles at like five pm or whatever. And we were going out for dinner after at a different place, and so I said, like, I put my name down and got a little ticket, and I said I'll come back tomorrow and get my meat tray and my bottle of wine. But I never went back, and I've done that a lot of times before. Okay, I don't go back.
Speaker 2: I think there'd be people who would go back, though it would be especially the clientele at an RSLF. I mean, honestly, if that was me, I mean I couldn't guarantee the lamb shoulder, but if I had won like a big tray of me, I'd be there nine o'clock the next Also.
Speaker 1: I also feel kind of embarrassed.
Speaker 2: No, you've won your prize, you're titled to it.
Speaker 1: Oh no. But then the next day rolls around and I'm just like, oh yeah, yeah, I get it. So I reckon, that's a little scheme right there. They could be onto something.
Speaker 2: And because then that lamb shoulder is just special of the week. On Tuesday, you'd see lamb shoulder on the menu, you think, oh, they haven't come back three days later, let's chuck a lamb. Let's do a lamb ragou. That's a special of the week. Now I'm with you. I think I think that's probably exactly what they do. Or the employees just get to take it home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyone that runs a pub, if you're listening, send us a little DM.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why don't more employees get to take things home? I just remember everywhere I worked, like you weren't allowed to take anything that was like if it was going out of date or whatever. Like say when I worked at certain fast food restaurants and like the eggs were going out of date tomorrow. Obviously we can't we can't sell them, but we weren't allowed to take them home.
Speaker 1: I think it's different for like a big corporation for example, like it's that's hard. Yeah, like where is it out do? If we had like some leftover croissants or whatever that are going to be bad by the next morning, then we'll be like, doesn't even want to take these?
Speaker 2: Home?
Speaker 1: So I think that's easier when it's a small business, yeah, versus like a massive you know, corporation. How do they manage that?
Speaker 2: Well? True? But like I mean it would literally be my job to like take the eggs out to the back being and throw them in the such a waste like yeah, could I don't know. I mean, yeah, it would be hard to manage. But I also was like, you know, even if it's not going to me, I could put it in mar car and although then you've got the whole silly, you know, I was going to say, you could donate it to like a shelter.
Speaker 1: There are businesses that come around and collect stuff from cafes as well, and then they take them to like, yeah, food banks or whatever.
Speaker 2: What was that thing called that you suggested on the pod. I think it might have been your Royal flush one time where you buy, like you pay ten dollars.
Speaker 1: And you're good to go.
Speaker 2: Yes, I still haven't done that, and I.
Speaker 1: Need I need to do it.
Speaker 2: I've been seeing more videos from that come up on my for you page lately, which if you haven't heard or scrollers, you're not across that. Oh my god, what's going on? I've got that weird thing where like your voice is going I don't if I don't need to cough up?
Speaker 1: Can you not cough?
Speaker 2: Just going to just keep trying to talk? Yeah, basically.
Speaker 1: You sound like an haighty year old guy.
Speaker 2: Trying to talk. No, I got a cough. Sorry, that was a natural reaction, Like my body was like fucking cough, So you can breathe, okay. Anyway, you just had.
Speaker 1: A little special guest on for two cents.
Speaker 2: Christianna's old face, a friend of the show. But basically, yeah, too good to go. At the end of the day you can buy like mystery bags and then you might pay ten dollars and then a Baker's de light bag will shot with like ten pastries and stuff in it, and you know, because otherwise it will go in the beIN.
Speaker 1: I need to try it. I wonder how many cafes in Newcastle are on it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I should get on this afternoon.
Speaker 1: Anyway, where were we meet raffles and Christian music.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Yeah, have you been reading anything lately? No, We're now in Pride month, June's Pride Month, Heavy Pride, Scrollers, Heavy Pride, red and I'm ine jam pink and blue, which, by the way, fucked that song? Why because the colors aren't right.
Speaker 1: It used to be red and yellow and pink and green, purple, land and orange jam blue. Oh maybe I sung it wrong, but that's how I sung it.
Speaker 2: But why is pink in there? There's no pink in the rainbow. It's roy gbe motherfucker red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet, which I also think blue, indigo and violet. We could wrap those into one color in a way. You know.
Speaker 1: It's something a person with color blindness would say. Which, by the way, I've got yeah, I've got something to show you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, show me.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me get my phone. I saw something come up there the day and I fell to you, and I thought I got to show that to you. Okay, Oh where the fuck is it? Red and yellow when pink and green, purple and orange?
Speaker 2: Am I can see a rainbow?
Speaker 1: Okay? This is going to be hard for the scrollers because it's visual.
Speaker 2: That's right at the end of the episode, they're over it.
Speaker 1: Anyway, how many colors do you see in this photo? And then it's like I saw this a row of lots of different colors that are all similar, and then you've got to count. So do you want to tell me genuinely, like actually, really try and I'll have a look. And then I'll have a look and I'll tell you what I think.
Speaker 2: Okay, yep, I've got my number. You have a look now, okay.
Speaker 1: Oh you're zoomed right in. Yeah, okay, I think.
Speaker 2: We're going to get the same answer though everyone I will admit, because to me, there's no way there's anything else other than the number. We'll say it together on okay, three, two, Well, hang.
Speaker 1: On, we'll go one, two, three, then the number one, two, three, twelve. Wait, you're seeing more colors than me. Oh okay, let's go through this together.
Speaker 2: Then yeah.
Speaker 1: So one yep, two, yeah, three, yep, four, yep, five, yeah, Well there might be a little skinny one there. No, no, okay, so then we've got six yep, seven, yeah, eight, yes, nine, yes, ten.
Speaker 2: No, you've missed a skinny one in the middle there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but I'm like, is that a new one or is it just like the edge?
Speaker 2: No, it's a new one. And then you've missed and then if that was your tenth one, you've missed one at the end as well, which is about about a centimeter wide.
Speaker 1: No, I don't see one at the end show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so is that? Yeah, brightness is up all the way. So there's that white one in the oh that is lighter, and then here there's a darker one. It starts there and then that's a different color. But yeah, if you if you look at that, okay, don't touch that. That is the screen is in thirds.
Speaker 1: Yes it is yees.
Speaker 2: So that's your twelfth. See twelfth one including the skinny one is eleven. So you had your ten and then you've got the twelfth and the skinny one is eleven. Maybe there is, so there's twelve.
Speaker 1: She said she was twelve.
Speaker 2: Well there you go. Activity activity scrollers have no idea what's going on?
Speaker 1: Like what is fucking looking at? We'll put it in the broadcast, but make sure you remind us because.
Speaker 2: We always you wishould get in now and be like this will make sense tomorrow. How you do that? Okay, Anyway, while you're doing that, I'll say thank you so much for listening, Scrollers.
Speaker 1: Way, didn't you want to talk about that Booktop guy?
Speaker 2: Oh? Sit, Yes, there's been so much drama on Booktop this week. But we've spoken too long about Chris Jennison.
Speaker 1: Why don't we talk about it in close friends?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, we'll have to do it in close friends, so stay tuned for Friday. Usually we don't talk really much about trending topics in our close friends, but we'll make an exception because book talk is in meltdown mode this week, and of course, as the unofficial book Talk Prince of Australia, then I thought it would be only fair that I speak my mind on this issue and a lot of people have us all. Yeah, absolutely, anyway, thank you for listening to this episode, Scrollers. We'll catch on Friday for close friends. Don't forget to rate comments, subscribe, send an email, whatever the bloody heck you've got to do. Who cares? Anyway, They'll better let you go.
Speaker 1: Gotta go.
Speaker 2: Put my jaw muscle behind me