Speaker 1: Apologie production.
Speaker 2: Rejection is your protection and the biggest redirection. So when you get rejected, something doesn't go to plans, something doesn't work out the way that you wanted it to. If you can trust that it is happening to protect you from what is not meant to be yours, not only protecting you, but it's redirecting you to where you're meant to be going. Yeah, it's so soothing to hear that, because sometimes we can get so caught up and I'm like, fuck, I really wanted that to happen and it was meant to be like this. It's like no, it's actually protecting me from something that wasn't meant for me, and it's putting me on a path to what is meant for me.
Speaker 3: It's trusting the universe and that it's got your back.
Speaker 2: It's fully surrendering and trusting that life's happening for you.
Speaker 4: So we thought that today we would delve in and tell you guys some different situations that we have been in where life at the time felt hard and we were like why is this happening? And then it has redirected us into different situations that honestly we couldn't have even a imagined that was so much better long term.
Speaker 2: And I bet you, if you're listening, I'd love you to just take a moment to reflect on a situation like that. Whether it's you've gone through a breakup, or you didn't get a job that you wanted, or just something that you were so badly thinking was meant for you and it didn't happen. You're like, Oh, if that happened, I wouldn't have met this person. If that happened at this time, I wouldn't be in this house. I wouldn't be over here. Everything happens at the right time for the right reason.
Speaker 3: It really does.
Speaker 4: And the more we can lean in and look at things that way, too, the more it just makes you at peace with life and all the ways that things are panning out and happening.
Speaker 2: Definitely, so my first one is getting fired was one of the best things. It is the best thing that ever happened to me. If I did not get fired from Valley Girl, I wouldn't be here talking.
Speaker 1: To you guys today. Naturally, I would not be where I am.
Speaker 2: I would have stayed in a job that was safe and felt like quote unquote kind of easy. I worked at Valley Girl. I can't even remember how old it was. It must have been like nineteen and I've been there for.
Speaker 1: Maybe a year or two.
Speaker 2: And I had this beautiful boss. We got along so well, and then she left to go have a baby, and we got this new boss that came on board, and after two weeks she just sat me down and was like, oh, we don't have any hours for you. And I was like, ah, does that mean I don't have a job anymore. She's like, yeah, you're not required anymore. And I was fired overnight, and I was like, oh my gosh. And back then like so justsregulated, but just went in my car, ball my eyes out.
Speaker 1: Went home to Steve, like on the floor, just so dramatic, which is like, what am I gonna do? I have no money, Like I need a job, like Color is hunting to me. And for so.
Speaker 2: Long I had been going to do like his little boot camps and like helping him out, and he was like trying to get me to do a personal training course, but I had a limiting belief that I was too dumb and I couldn't pass it. So what's one trying. I'm not going to spend money on a course. Then I know I'm gonna fail, Like I truly believed it, that I wouldn't even try it. And he was kind of like, wow, this is dramatic, but I didn't say that. But it was a perfect opportunity go and do your pet course. You love finness, you love health, and you love helping people. This is a perfect job for you. I was like, I got do that.
Speaker 1: I'm too dumb, blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Anyways, in the background, Steve had been applying for because we couldn't afford for me to do the course, he'd been applying for government grants so that they would like cover the fees for me to go and do the course. And a couple of days later I got approved. He was like, good news, you can go and do this course. Now I've got your government grant. It's not going to cost you a cent. I was like, fuck, no, I have to go do it because what else am I going to do?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So when I did the course, it actually took me three goes for my final assessment to actually pass. And can you imagine how hard that was because that was confirming that story that you're too dumb. Anyway, finally passed and yes, started to become a personal trainer, took on clients, I did a lot of free work. But yeah, that's how my whole health and fitness career started. And if I did not get fired, no way I would have gone and done that course.
Speaker 1: N I wouldn't have been I was too scared.
Speaker 2: Getting fired was protecting me from a job that didn't feel good for me.
Speaker 1: I hated it.
Speaker 2: I didn't like it no way, and so much more than that, and then it redirected me to go and do this course and start a career that I truly loved. Was so meant for me, so passionate, it was so like my purpose to help.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent.
Speaker 4: Like I could never imagine seeing you know, and how passionate you are about what you do doing something like that.
Speaker 2: If I had just known that one quote, maybe it would have taken away some of the pain and tears that I was like putting myself through. Yeah, massive victim mentality back then too, But.
Speaker 4: Here I am so my next one. It's like I haven't really spoken too much about before, but basically, when Kurt and I broke up when we were around eighteen, there was this guy that I was seeing at the time, and I'm not really somebod who bounces between people when I'm like with someone, I'm like pretty much like all in with one person at a time kind of thing. And this person definitely made it seem as though they were reciprocating, but they were not. And then I found they were not. I found out they were sleeping around, they were bouncing around, and I were bouncing around when they were telling.
Speaker 1: Me that they weren't also dishonest, dishonest.
Speaker 3: And it was also with two of like my really good friends.
Speaker 1: I am sure I know.
Speaker 4: So I felt so rejections. I felt so rejected. I felt rejected from my friends. I had one of them that lived with me for a stage of my life because she was struggling, so I actually gave her my room and I moved in with my sister in her room. I felt so rejected, so cut, so hurt. I had lost him, that I'd lost the person that I was like finally starting to like get a little bit of a relationship with. And then I had like lost two of my really really close friends at the time. When I understand, like things happened and people have their own reasons for doing certain things and whatever we were young, we were silly, like no hard feelings against anyone in the situation because the best outcome came from it. Anyway, it redirected me to Curt, like we rekindled our relationship, and if I had ended up committing to another person, it would have put me in a really difficult situation. Whereas for me, when Kurt came back around, it was still a hard decision to make, and I definitely made him work his way back in. But like, I could never imagine my life like not being with him, And I think, deep down, I feel like I've always known I was gonna marry him. Yeah, I feel like I've always just been like I've never felt that instant chemistry connection.
Speaker 2: But if you, like he said around, so, if you know the other guys you had committed him, you wouldn't have been open to Kurt.
Speaker 4: No, not at that time, because I'm not like that, Like I would have closed myself off. Like it's just crazy how life works. About that time, I remember I just felt so cut, like I was just like out, like I felt so worthless and like all those yucky.
Speaker 3: Feelings so valid.
Speaker 4: And then like now looking back, I'm like, holy thanks fuck. Well, A, that person probably would have been cheating on me, Like you know what I mean if they say that they're in a relationship and that's like not a relationship, but they're just seeing you and they're not. You deserve better and b Yeah, it taught me so many lessons. Yeah, so that was the ultimate redirection because it redirected.
Speaker 1: Me back to my up and protected you from being with someone that's just going to continue to hurt you and not respect you.
Speaker 3: It's not a great start, no, Yeah.
Speaker 1: The protection and the redirection huh so cool. Yeah.
Speaker 2: One more story of mine, which I don't actually know the full outcome as to why it didn't happen, but I just had to sit and trust and surrender. But it was just before the spicy flu hit and I got asked to be on Big Brother, But there's quite a big process that you go through and Big Brother, Dancing with the Stars or some kind of survivor show. I would one hundred percent love to go, and I think it'd be so fun, such a cool opportunity and really push my limits mentally, physically and emotionally, and I love it challenge. I feel like you'd really grow from being one of those shows. So yeah, I got asked and there was quite an intensive interview process. I had three really in depth, big interviews, lots and lots of questions.
Speaker 1: I had to know so much.
Speaker 2: About your life, your lifestyle, how everything works, and obviously when you go in to be brother, you'd have any contact with your family. So after the third one, I was like, okay, like hopefully, but I did say to Steve, I said, I feel like I'm being a bit difficult. Like I was like, I've got this business, we have launches. I'm gonna have to know in advance, like I have to pre film everything. Can I still upload things to my social media? And they pretty much like no, So I think I was a bit difficult. But I didn't get in, and I was pretty bummed because I think it would be so fun. But after I was like, oh, I just have to trust it. That wasn't meant for me. Maybe something was going to happen in the outside world that I needed to be here for, maybe a better opportunity to come along, or yeah, maybe it just wasn't meant for me. And then like the spicy flu happened, and there was all lockdowns and stuff like, imagine if I got locked in that house longer than what I wanted to. You couldn't fly to Sydney. It was being filmed in Sydney. You couldn't fly at that point in time, Like there were so many things going on. It's like, yeah, you couldn't fly.
Speaker 1: You couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: It would have been stuck there hard enough to be raided for my family as it is. So I was like, Oh, that happened for a reason, that wasn't meant for me.
Speaker 1: So so true. I still would like to go on Dancing with the Stars. Anyone got any connections.
Speaker 3: That'd be so fun.
Speaker 1: Poit me up. It'd be so Actually another show my mom put me onto it. I haven't watched the full season. I think it's called Million Dollar Island. You heard about it?
Speaker 3: Oh, I think you've told me about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Mom was like, this is the perfect show for you because it's a lot of fitness and like mental battles as well, but it's also really big on relationship building. Yeah, which I feel like I'm quite a people person. I'd love to go on that. Yeah, and it's only.
Speaker 1: A month, it's not twelve weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is a nice sty Yeah, you're only.
Speaker 1: On the island for a month.
Speaker 2: You have to like live out in the island, build relationships and like do challenges and you get voted in and out and it looks so fun. That would be so then anything with the dark or heights because I got asked to be on SAS. I can't legally allowed to say how much money was involved, but it was huge money. But I was instant no because anything with heights are dark, I would have made the biggest fool of myself.
Speaker 3: That's what I wanted you as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually click Bait then asked me to jump out of helicop dark. Well, there's ones where they like put things over your head and then like says they're training you for like big shit, put things over your head, put in the dark, and like have water thrown at you like it's really not and then like crazy obstacle courses where you're like in the thick mud, crawling on your hands and knees bugs like, oh, it's a low no. So it was an instant no for me, even though the money was really tempting. I'm like, I will get on one episode either cry and scream that I can't do something roll break a leg.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not worth it, not worth it. Also, no trauma, huh yeah for that stuff like Holy.
Speaker 1: Survivor would be really hard as well, I reckon.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh anyway, so that.
Speaker 3: Was my little well, my last one.
Speaker 4: One of the hardest things that I've ever been through was obviously the fallout that had happened with my family. But now, looking back on reflection, that is what had pushed me to do so much inner healing and so much inner work that I'd put off for so long, and now like, you know, it's all like out the other end, and it's all great, and I can kind of see like why it happened, and and I would not change a thing because I feel like it's really pushed me to work on myself. So yeah, I'm really really grateful for that, even though it was very, very.
Speaker 2: Difficult, so crazy to reflect on those hard times and be like you're so grateful for it.
Speaker 1: At the time, it's so painful in so much you got.
Speaker 2: To feel hard you do. You have to have breakdowns to have breakthroughs. Hey, It's crazy because I think back of my hardest times too, and I'm like, I wouldn't want to go through that again, and.
Speaker 1: I don't want anyone else to have to experience that.
Speaker 2: But man, I wouldn't be who I am without that, and it made it forced me like there's no choice but to grow and level up because I have to get through that. So you can find the gratitude for it.
Speaker 3: But definitely we're going to wrap it up there.
Speaker 2: But yeah, just know that rejection is the biggest protection and the ultimate redirection.