Speaker 1: We got get through the Way Morning every day, Adelaides Morning.
Speaker 2: The following segment is the mature audiences only and may contain all content, graphic language and nudity, not that you'll see it is easily offended.
Speaker 3: Well you're about to find out just how.
Speaker 4: Easily your father. He's only money Jody and.
Speaker 5: Hazy sixcording nothing not shot back.
Speaker 4: Let's get a little bit blue. And when I say blue, perhaps I mean red. What this is where we sort of delve into a bit of an underground theme where look, we can just be a little bit risky before we really straighten up after seven o'clock and you know, pay someone's bill.
Speaker 3: Okay, what do you want to say about redheads?
Speaker 1: And be very carefully because we have tread very carefully because we have one.
Speaker 4: In the studio, Yes, a resident redhead, and that is producer Black. Welcome to you, Fanto pants. You know what I got called at school?
Speaker 6: And so this is sticking with the theme blue blue all redhead's blue ye And I don't know why.
Speaker 4: And it's like going a giant bloke tiny yeah, okay, serious, you didn't know why? Yeah, it's just being on right. It's an Australian thing, and I didn't know that's why I got blue, like a real skinny, runty guy. You're like, oh, get out there, big fellow. Yeah that's but that's what we do in this country. Yeah, it doesn't mean it's right.
Speaker 1: If you think you were like a cute little blue heeler in cartoon form, is that what you thought to be?
Speaker 3: Honest?
Speaker 6: I just got so many you know, jobs about my red hair. I just can't all just watched over me.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you would have had a high pain tolerance, then.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't you massive? Okay, okay, well that's interesting work for you. Two every day they've done a big old study via the University of Oxenden. What about this show? So they're sort of going to all the details, but who did it? But redheaded women can tolerate up to twenty five percent more pain than people with other hair colors. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 7: I love that.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I'm going to digress here.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 3: Two years and you finally learned when we talk about studies and Hong gets of shit. Who did the study?
Speaker 4: You give me a sheet with a thousand I actually get seven hund words and I'm like, I didn't need to say that twenty five percent more pain. They can tolerate red headed women and what about this as well? They also feel less pain when pricked by a pin and it gets even better. Study from the University of Hamburg, Ee, Hamburg, which is a fantastic university. By the way, I actually have a friend who I'm kidding It found that red headed women had the highest orgasm rate of all hair colors and have more sex than other women with other hair colors. Oh my gosh, you dirty best whoa higher orgasm r? That's crazy?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm almost afraid to ask you is there any truth for this study from the University of Hamburg.
Speaker 6: Look, they've studied women, and by the way, wouldn't mind getting on that study as a scientist.
Speaker 4: By the way, you won't tell what made the hamburglars the University of hamdird. That's a dirty bird.
Speaker 6: Look, I guess the orgasm rate is pretty good. I'm pretty happy with it. Regarding the pain. Can absolutely guarantee redheads have a high pain threshold. I cannot tell you how many times I've walked inside from doing something out in the garden and my partner law.
Speaker 4: Is like, why are you bleeding? I'm like, you didn't even know.
Speaker 1: I was it?
Speaker 4: Wow, okay, all right, the okay hero, what's going on there? Why is your leg sideways? I must have snapped me, snapped me leg and half.
Speaker 1: Come.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know. I didn't even feel it.
Speaker 4: It's the good thing about being readed. I'm just a clearly strong person, unlike you. And also, once again, stop humping Jody's leg. It's probably ready. I need to know.
Speaker 8: I need to know that.
Speaker 4: I need to know.
Speaker 9: I need to know.
Speaker 4: I need to know what to.
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 3: You need to know?
Speaker 7: What you need to know?
Speaker 1: With Jody and asy Oh, this story is all over the socials at the moment. So I beloved dog has been stolen from a home in Fulleton and the owner is appealing for help from.
Speaker 4: The public, and the question needs to be asked to be more sensitive.
Speaker 3: It is a lot more sensitive than that.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, sorry, it didn't really call for the Baha men did it in hindsight?
Speaker 4: Full credit? Baha men? What an absolute tunasaurus.
Speaker 3: He's a good song.
Speaker 1: But Flossy is an eight year old red toy poodle and she was taken after an intruder forced entry into the house.
Speaker 3: She's a very small dog. She's only three and a half kilos AH.
Speaker 1: So anyone with information about the whereabouts being urged to contact police. But imagine someone breaking into your home. I reckon all take what you want, like all the material stuff. But this is a little fluffy, flossy, a little glossy little poodle.
Speaker 4: Through enough kilos very stealable, very stealable, very light because very transportable, I know.
Speaker 3: But I mean produce a flag.
Speaker 1: Am I right in saying this house had have cameras or it just had a lockgate.
Speaker 4: Or look gate.
Speaker 6: They've kicked in the laundry door, so that someone's gone in to actually get the dog. And I don't know about you, Joe's, but what would you do if someone stoves it?
Speaker 3: I would be devastated if someone stoves it.
Speaker 1: Sure, hopefully they'd give it a little give her a little haircuff in the process, because she's very fluffy at the moment. But no, that would be absolutely horrendous. I can't believe people can actually take other people's dogs.
Speaker 4: It's just a thought that your pets out there somewhere and it might be scared.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: That's what really is unsettled.
Speaker 3: That's what that is the worst thing.
Speaker 1: You don't know if they're taking care of the dog, if they've just dumped the poor dog somewhere and it doesn't know how to get home, yuck it.
Speaker 3: Hate it.
Speaker 4: There is a chance that FLOSSI comes back and was like, I just had the time of my life. I hope, So I hope, So let's hope.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Okay, I tell you who has not had the time of his life, and that is the chief political reporter on Sky News. Because Peter Kredlin, who you might remember as Tony Abbott's advisor, it's just absolute lutely ripped him a new one on.
Speaker 3: The news this week.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you need that back, yeah, bit of a wake up sometimes.
Speaker 1: After he said oppositionally that Peter Dutton had to bring in some women friendly policies in order to pave his way to the lodge I air become Prime minister, what are women friendly policy?
Speaker 4: Was this Tony Abbotson who said this.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, this is the chief political reporter on Sky News.
Speaker 4: If but Tony Abott said that women need to they need to be women friendly policies.
Speaker 3: No, I think it was, Gladys, you're not following the story at all.
Speaker 4: Can you someone listen here?
Speaker 3: No, the chief political reporter on.
Speaker 4: Sky News, So Peter Kredlin used to be in charge of Tony Abbott.
Speaker 3: Though there we go.
Speaker 4: You know, I got sidetracked because as soon as you said Tony Abbitt, I just pitched him eating an onion. Remember he did that.
Speaker 1: This is why we don't generally as a real talk politics on this show.
Speaker 8: So this.
Speaker 4: There's a lockdown on Jade.
Speaker 6: I'm pretty sure you've got the idea at the start of this when he had no idea what day it was, yes, and how many.
Speaker 4: Days are in Jaguary, that was a dead giveaway with it.
Speaker 1: And I thought at that point he couldn't go any more downhill.
Speaker 3: And yet here we are.
Speaker 4: Also, when you say the word politics, I do that thing that you do when the eyes look off in different directions.
Speaker 1: Okay, can you just play the grab from Peter Creglin and what she said to the chief political reporter from Sky News.
Speaker 3: Thanks, pelligence, you insult our intelligence.
Speaker 4: I think we don't care about people. Well, of course that people vote with the hip pocket and they if there is a sense amongst women that they do. We don't vote without vaginas, mate, we do not vote without vaginas. Hang on, as the only female right now in the room, can you convert? Is that true?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 7: I did not.
Speaker 3: I did definitely vote with my hand.
Speaker 4: Because if you could do that, what a skill.
Speaker 3: However, do you know what a skill?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 1: Just to take you back to the nature of this segment, the only time your ears have pricked up is when she said the word vaginas?
Speaker 4: What about this joke? This is really sad to read multiple school canteens across South Australia being forced to close or raise their prices to stay open as governing counselors decide they're no longer financially viable and families are battling, of course, with the rise of cost of living. In particular, Ranella Primary School send a message to its community saying, look, things have got to change because it's not really a thing that can be sustainable.
Speaker 3: Oh that makes me really really sad.
Speaker 1: The canteen was one of the best parts of school, wasn't it?
Speaker 4: Spot on?
Speaker 1: Were you when did you even have a canteen at Beckham?
Speaker 4: No, we didn't do South Welles. No we didn't, but we.
Speaker 3: Relation three you and your mom and dad.
Speaker 4: Population sixty four, Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Population sixteen the primary school. Yes, only one in my school. We've been through this. No one in the year above school captain, two years in the old baby, never been done before. In fact, the school doesn't exist anymore.
Speaker 3: What a flex, mate? What an absolute flex? Was your school captain? Because there was no one else in your year?
Speaker 4: Never been none before. They thought I was going to go on to be the prime minister. Did they didn't quite get there. That's all good, so Ranella Primary School. They've listed some of the items as well, which I find really really interesting. The most expensive item at the school is the meatball sub hot roll. That's its seven dollars fifty and the least expensive is a single chicken nugget for one dollar. I'll tell you what it's great value. Seven dollars fifty for a meatball sub hot role. You assume it's a pretty good size. Yeah, it won't be your bloody big chicken nugget for one dollar. Wouldn't because it won't be almost like a chicken snitzl.
Speaker 1: What what about just some nine year old walking up to the front of the canton. Go excuse me, miss, Can I have one chicken nugget?
Speaker 3: Thanks? That would be the saddest thing ever.
Speaker 4: I know you want to I've only got a dollar. I'm only gave you one big golden coin.
Speaker 1: Conversely, what would have a dollar have gotten you back in the day?
Speaker 4: Oh, here we go at this. Let's let's not age ourselves here, Okay.
Speaker 3: But I will say that.
Speaker 1: So I'm from the era where you would order your lunch on a brown paper bag. So mom would go to colds and buy like a big pack of brown paper bags and then you'd just hand right what you wanted on there, for example, one times meat pie, one times streets of milk, one times bag of lollies, and it.
Speaker 3: Cost me eight cents.
Speaker 12: Back in the day, I thought you, I thought you're going to go step further and tay and say I would get for one dollar a chock your milk, a sausage roll and a packet of smokes.
Speaker 1: She burst onto our TV screens over twenty years ago, finishing seventh in season two of Australian Idol from an air.
Speaker 9: Out, My life has come So Confused.
Speaker 1: A Platinum allD winning music stuff such she's one of our faiths in the Nova family.
Speaker 3: We loved him and Joel.
Speaker 1: Two, of course is really please yes long and that is Sunday hosting Australian I or seven pm on Channel seven.
Speaker 3: Please welcome. Really what an intro for you, Ricky, Oh my goodness, what an intro? God in joke kind.
Speaker 4: So much going on there, Ricky Lee. We're out of time now officially because you'll see these two.
Speaker 7: Too much to get through.
Speaker 3: Oh that's about it.
Speaker 7: Thanks, guys, want me to talk to you so good.
Speaker 3: We'll listening to you this afternoon. Oh man, heye, you're back on the airwaves.
Speaker 2: How's that been. It's so good. It's so good being back. I missed my boyfriends. I just had six weeks with my husband and barely spoke to anyone but him for that entire time. So it's it's nice to have a chat with my with my naughty little boyfriends and get out of the house.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It feels like I'm feels like I'm out there cheating. It's quite fun, we be honest. Of the two, who's the naughtiest. Oh they're both really not. I think naturally people would think Tim but Joel's cheeky little one.
Speaker 4: We're super cheeky.
Speaker 2: I actually feel like I'm probably the naudiest to be to be real, I get that vibe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I regularly tell us about your trip overseas. You went to New York. That's very fancy.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 7: I went to New York.
Speaker 2: My husband and I lived over there a long time ago, when I think it was like I was making albums and I was in the studios all the time, and we hadn't been back for such a long time, and I really missed New York. It's one of my favorite places in the whole world. It's just electric, and the people are just feisty and fierce and stab you in the front kind of people, which I like.
Speaker 3: You know, I had such a great time. We're in New York for two weeks.
Speaker 2: We were there for Christmas and New Years and it snowed on Christmas Eve.
Speaker 3: It was amazing.
Speaker 2: And then we went to Aspen after that, and I wanted to go to Aspen my whole life.
Speaker 3: I've never been ever since I saw Dumb and Dumber. I wanted to go to Asben called as with.
Speaker 4: The flows like wine.
Speaker 7: Yes, and I had the greatest time.
Speaker 1: Did you and Rich re enact that scene from Dumb and Dumber where Jim Carrey is having a playful snowfight and he gets too competitive and he goes right up in her face and just felt her so hard she goes tumbling down the mountain.
Speaker 2: We should have we should have we No, we recreated that big open mouth kiss that he does by the fire with.
Speaker 3: Her so fashionate. Ricky, we need to talk Australian Idol.
Speaker 1: Also like, what about the list of winners and runners up guys the Burst and Shannonel, Anthony Colea, Casey, Donovan, Jesse and Malboy, Matt will Be.
Speaker 3: The list goes on and on and on. It's got a long history of success.
Speaker 1: But what I like about Australian Idol is the absolute delusion of some of the contestants, yes, whose friends and family have presumably said to them, oh my god, you need to go on Australian Idol, so good. And the result is this.
Speaker 9: My folks were always putting him down, down, down, They said he came from the wrong side of town.
Speaker 1: Baby, baby, he's from the wrong side of downa down.
Speaker 3: And give it a red hot go you know. Yeah, just some people really go for it, don't they.
Speaker 4: That's a spot for bait boxes. All the glass in this room is now officially broken.
Speaker 1: So when they come off stage, Ricky, what do you say to these people?
Speaker 2: This is where I have to really kick into my highest gear of loving and comforting and not judging, because that's not my job.
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm not a judge.
Speaker 2: I'm a host, and I just wish them well and thank them for coming, and I appreciate them and good on you for trying, because you know, it's hard to walk in there.
Speaker 3: It's actually harder when people are really good. Yes, but they're not.
Speaker 2: Great, or there were better people and they just didn't quite hit the mark, or they're a bit too nervous. That's harder because you know that they're good. They know that they're good, so not making it through his herd. So I just encouraged them to come back. I didn't make it through my first year, So come back and audition again. This is a great opportunity if you choose to come back.
Speaker 4: You came seventh in your season. Yeah, you have had such a better career than a lot of people that have won it. So who can predict what happens in the future.
Speaker 2: Really, it's in your hands. You are carving out your path yourself. No one's going to do it for you. And really, I think your success is determined by how hard you're willing to work.
Speaker 4: About that for a pep up, So I don't know about you, Jazz. I'm ready to run through a brick wall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just love it. I love that Ricky's liked all the contestants. Well, I came seventh and I've won an area.
Speaker 3: It is true you have to work hard.
Speaker 2: If you're not willing to put the work in, you can't expect the success regularly.
Speaker 4: Such an absolute pleasure to talk to you at seven o'clock this Sunday on seven and seven plus. We're looking forward to watching Australian Idle. Thank you so much for the chats and looking forward to hearing you this afternoon on over.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks guys, good to talk to you.
Speaker 4: Thurteen twenty four ten. Where have you visited on holiday? Maybe purely off the back of seeing it in a movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just heard from producer Flak who, in all his nerdish glory, visited the scene of Lord of the Rings or something and stole a leaf off a tree.
Speaker 4: Or oh my god, Yeah, it's amazing. You should do it.
Speaker 3: I've never seen that movie. I think you could pay me.
Speaker 4: We should go to New Zealand to where Lord of the Rings was filmed and steal a leaf. Is that what we're saying.
Speaker 6: I think you'd really enjoy it, and you're ready, Seriously, if you want to set aside about fifteen hours the director's cut, you would absolutely love.
Speaker 4: Lord of the Rings, the director's cut of all three films. Yeah, and then there's the three prequels.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I could do that. I mean I could, you know, have a life. I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: Yes. Well, let's let's let's circle back to that a little bit later on, shall we? Interesting times?
Speaker 1: So four ten, we're taking your calls this morning. Anyone who gets on air goes in the running for Nova's cash or the car. Let's go to Kevin from Andrew's Farm. Where did you visit?
Speaker 3: Kevin?
Speaker 11: I went to New York purely off the King of Queen's theory.
Speaker 4: Nice, what did you want to see? Did you see it? And did it live up to expectation?
Speaker 11: I went to New York Weld's Fair because at the start of the series they roll around on the ground together in front of the New York State Fair. And I went there with my girlfriend at the time and did exactly that and it lived up for everything.
Speaker 4: Rolled around it were see into it as well.
Speaker 3: No, that was Doug and Carrie, wasn't it. King of course marriage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's a there's a magnificent thing on Instagram where Doug wanders into the kitchen and says where's the scissors to his wife and it's like every husband and wife ever.
Speaker 3: I'll find the audio and I will play it to you.
Speaker 1: It is wonderful. Thank you so much, Kevin. Well done, Jackie from lind Dock. Hey Jackie, where did you visit?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 13: Welcome back, thank you.
Speaker 1: And all that.
Speaker 13: No welcome, we've been. We've missed you guys the morning, sir, thank you. We went to We went to the stat of the Robin Woods view with woband Freeman and Kevin Kossner at the Sycamore Tree in the middle of Sydney in the u k O Yah Hadrian Wall the sycamore tree.
Speaker 4: You're right, did you know, Jackie producer fu were you saying the trees being cut down?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 13: So literally literally about three months after we're there. In twenty twenty three, some idiot young kids with chain saw at night went and cut it down.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, Jackie, don't let young kids out with chainsaws?
Speaker 4: The worst Christmas gift ever. Also, just to take us back wrong, he got it wrong.
Speaker 6: Oh no, jeez, Just to take us back to that year when the movie came out Robin Hood with Kevin Costner. I don't know if you remember better. Spend thirteen weeks at number one. Brian Adams, Everything I do one of the longest serving number one songs.
Speaker 4: Of all time. Wasn't a great tune? By the way, Oh my.
Speaker 3: Gosh, Okay, let's take one more, shall we?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 3: Wendy from Warridale. Good morning, Wendy.
Speaker 13: Hi, how are you?
Speaker 3: We're really good? Where did you go?
Speaker 8: So there's a small island in CD that you can do a day trip to that's wear Castaway with some Hanks was filmed.
Speaker 4: Oh that's awesome.
Speaker 8: It was. Yeah, it's really interesting. It's very small and it's only got like the locals living on it, so it's still quite a know out inhabita and.
Speaker 1: So to speak, right, And so did the locals get annoyed at all the people that come and visit.
Speaker 8: No, they've sort of set up a bit of a I mean, this is a long time ago before we had children, but it might be a little bit different now. But it wasn't even very too risty. But they had a little bit of their local the things they make, their handmade things that they sell, so it's a bit of income and helped them to do some things on the island. So it was Yeah, it was quite nice because I don't get a lot to day because you have to get a boat out there especially, so yeah.
Speaker 3: And did you find will soon.
Speaker 8: Thing we thought of with will.
Speaker 1: You imagine the local little Fiji islanders, They're like, if I had a dollar every tourist that got up that boat and went.
Speaker 3: Well there.
Speaker 4: But also, what about that particular scene we just watched it before and Wilson just that and then Wilson Adams go for a swim, I'll be back, never comes back.
Speaker 3: That's really sad, way squat sad.
Speaker 4: I remember watching Cassaway in that scene right towards the end, it goes about three minutes and I had tears. May did you like well, to Adam Wilson's got that stupid smile in his face the whole time.
Speaker 3: Soccer ball.
Speaker 4: Well there was a connection, although perhaps although perhaps Tom took it a little bit too far and Wilson had had enough and he floated back to the island.
Speaker 2: Missus Adelaide's favorite way to awake up.
Speaker 3: One name Hazy. We just mentioned just before Key Queens.
Speaker 1: So Kevin went off to New York to visit the set of the series, and I did mentioned there was a little scene that's on Instagram and it's Kevin walking into the kitchen to find some scissors.
Speaker 7: Have we got that audio?
Speaker 3: Did we find that audio? It's coming in just a moment.
Speaker 1: I'm going to play that for you, and let me tell you it is every husband and wife ever when a husband is trying to find something and has a boy look.
Speaker 4: I swear to God, you know what. Blokes, listen to this, I'm sure you can relate.
Speaker 9: Do you know what the.
Speaker 4: Scissors are, Doug.
Speaker 14: We have lived in this house for nine years. Okay, the scissors have always been in the same place, and yet you continue to ask me where they are. Not to mention the spatula, the potholders the pens.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you something, Henny.
Speaker 14: I have been a tour guide in my own kitchen long enough.
Speaker 4: Too many, very good, so true. Oh my gosh. We have like a we call it a bits and Bobs box, which goes above the fridge, and I just sort of I assume that everything is in there.
Speaker 3: In the bits and bobs.
Speaker 4: It's not though it's about a forty percent chance that it's actually in there. Yeah, But for everything else, And Carl will say, I think the number one argument that we have in the house is me putting things away in the wrong sport.
Speaker 3: Oh Jesus Christ, that is so annoying.
Speaker 1: If I had a dollar for every time my potato pillow went missing, honestly, i'd be a rich woman and I'd never have to peel a potato again.
Speaker 3: That's how rich i'd be.
Speaker 4: You are quite the collection, I hear.
Speaker 1: I feel like buying ten of them just so they never go missing when.
Speaker 3: I need them.
Speaker 4: On the back of that as well, text line for double nine one nine n one nine went to New York just to see the Seinfeld Cafe. That's Chris from Enfield. Really that's very iconic as well, isn't it. Do you know what else? The Beach. I think it's in Thailand from the movie The Beach Beach. Yeah, yeah, I think a lot of people would go to that. Yeah, very heavy tourist destination.
Speaker 3: The central per cafe from Friends. Is that an actual cafe? We should do some research.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure that's real, isn't it? Is it is.
Speaker 3: That I'd love to go and visit that. That would be incredible.
Speaker 4: So it's a text where did you go purely based on a movie? Where have you visited purely based on something that you've seen in a movie. But's some great course coming through a lot of course too, by the way, purely for Castaway Little Island and Fiji.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: And also this is all on the back of the fact we caught up with Ricky Lee not so long ago and she said that she went to Asper based on Dumb and Dumber.
Speaker 3: Makes me love her even more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think a lot of people off the back of Lloyd Christmas really really it enhanced Aspen's reputation, or didn't it.
Speaker 1: Just everyone who gets on it, of course goes into the running for Nova's cash. All the car Let's go to Tomorrow from Padorama, good morning.
Speaker 3: Where did you go? Based on a film? More? Was it a TV show?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 16: We went to New York and I'm pretty obsessed with Gossip Girl, so I made my fifteen year old watch the show before we went.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and he was just.
Speaker 16: As excited as me, I think. So when we got to Metts Stairs, I was dressed as Blair and I.
Speaker 5: Think a few people were looking at me a bit strange, but I had to head there their rain.
Speaker 13: He was taken all the shots and.
Speaker 16: He just loved it.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 16: He was like, Mom, do you look like Blair?
Speaker 7: And I'm like, I know.
Speaker 5: We went to all the spots from Gossip Girl. It was so good to see his reaction, like, Mom, we're here, and I'm like, I know tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never watched watched Bits and Pieces? Do is that one of the ones where you have to watch from the start to sort of understand what's going on?
Speaker 5: Not really okay, but it's just very addictives, Like, yeah, yeah, it's amazing.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 5: But a lot of places I went on there's so many places from movies in New York.
Speaker 16: So yeah, yeah, it's a really good place to go for all those spots.
Speaker 4: Yeah, One of them that is not existent is Central Perk.
Speaker 3: Apparently that's a fictional cafe.
Speaker 4: Thought it was a real I'm like, oh, how good would it be to go to Central Perk? Oh, yeah, it doesn't quite exist. That's fine.
Speaker 3: I think what you says.
Speaker 1: Sooey went to the place where they go to get Cosmopolitans in Sex and the City.
Speaker 4: Oh that's cool, big Sex in the City, fans all around the globe. Our congratulations to tomorrow on the standby list for Nova's cash or the car. Very simple stuff. Just got to get yourself on air to get on the stand by list.
Speaker 3: The texts coming through as well.
Speaker 1: Matt from McClaren flat went to Kat's Delhi and New York from when Harry met Sally paid forty bucks for a sandwich.
Speaker 3: I want to go in there and re enact the scene.
Speaker 4: Is that the one where meg Ryn's absolutely nice? Yes, that's very iconic. How are you, Jose?
Speaker 3: I'm all right, thank you now, I'm okay.
Speaker 4: I'll take us through what happened yesterdays. Better to talk about it, you know, Okay.
Speaker 3: Well I managed to get through.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is classic relationships, right, do you know the divorce rate in January is higher than any month of the year.
Speaker 3: Because people are like, let's just get through Christmas.
Speaker 4: Okay, start again.
Speaker 1: I did that before my separation, which was I'll just get through Christmas and then I will potentially break up with Netball. Well, the decision was made for me because Netbull broke my foot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so maybe if you're just tuning in right now. No, she's not on the lookout for another Greg. She broke up with Netball. We just have fun Thursday.
Speaker 3: She's just laughing at my pain.
Speaker 4: Are you pretty much right?
Speaker 3: So anyway, this happened yesterday.
Speaker 1: I officially sat down and wrote a letter to Netball and said it's over.
Speaker 4: Ah, you poor thing. Can we I don't know if you want to do this, but let's rehash and recap your heartbreak from yesterday.
Speaker 3: Netbull and I probably need to call it quits.
Speaker 4: All right, This is tough.
Speaker 1: I will always love you, my neddie, but this is goodbye for reels or until my footheels in time for the twenty twenty five winter season.
Speaker 3: As always, Netball here if you.
Speaker 4: Need here, If you need.
Speaker 7: That's good.
Speaker 4: Should we go?
Speaker 1: Straws, goodboye to you, Bi anchor was the final straw, bi anchor.
Speaker 17: I dislocated and fractured my elbow.
Speaker 3: And so you've delivered the news to Netball that you're not coming back. Is that right?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Well done. You've finally broken up with Netbill. Probably should have happened ten to fifteen years ago, but it was something that you just could not partways.
Speaker 3: We couldn't let go of it, but I had.
Speaker 1: But I love that last caller how she got the doctor to deliver the news that she's broken up with Netball. That's like in year five when you don't want to see a boy anymore and you like get your best friend to go and tell him sorry about that. They're mile, I'm really sorry.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's tough, isn't it.
Speaker 18: I'm puberty blues and gets deliver the letter that says you're dropped.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you drop Neble brutal.
Speaker 3: It's awful stuff. Neple is not the only thing people need to break up with.
Speaker 1: There are a lot of things in other people's lives that they need to let go of.
Speaker 4: This is a safe space as well. We can all work together. Thirteen twenty four ten. What do you need to break up with? Can I go first, I need to break up with skinny leg Jayson.
Speaker 7: Oh, yes you do.
Speaker 4: But what if they make you comeback? Fashion right now says that I'm not supposed to wear it, But what if they make it comeback? I can't throw them out, and my wife car has brought me too straight leg jeans a black pear and what's it called? Just a denim pear, blue pear, and I can't put them on.
Speaker 1: What's good Blue otherwise known as danim has been.
Speaker 3: For the better part of a century.
Speaker 4: Well, hey, hey, don't judge me, particularly your producers are it's speaking of it denim circus look jeans that produces it's wearing. It's one extreme to the other.
Speaker 18: I am a fan of the baggy jean. You guys give me a lot of grief for these jeans. Although Hazy just did just say, and I quote that right now, I am a man repellent.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I am dressed.
Speaker 4: He meant that that. I meant that with all due respect, by the way, in the last possible way.
Speaker 7: I think he's onto something.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 18: I like the baggage jean, but I will admit I'm also wearing socks and slides and that's not.
Speaker 7: Very hot, but the baggy jean not breaking up.
Speaker 4: With the baggy jeans. It's like, what's going on? Like what do you a member of D twelve?
Speaker 7: Like, what's happening here?
Speaker 3: I would not, to quote Julia Gillard, I will not. I will not. I will not.
Speaker 1: I will not take fashion advice from you.
Speaker 4: That's fair. It's very fair because I'm wearing socks and cross.
Speaker 1: Socks and cross that's a twenty twenty five thing. At T shirt and a stilly teeth.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, you've been speaking to my wife.
Speaker 3: I've just been speaking to your wife.
Speaker 1: It has It's been on record that every time you walk into a press conference with Ken Hinckley at the port Adelaid Football Club, he openly laughs at you. He looks at you and giggles openly.
Speaker 4: He's laughing at me. He's laughing with me.
Speaker 3: Definitely.
Speaker 4: It's a big difference.
Speaker 1: Thirteen twenty four ten. Let's do this this morning. What do you need to break up with?
Speaker 7: I have a legitimate what I need to break up with? TikTok.
Speaker 4: That's good. You need to cleanse, you need a genuine cleans He's not good for me, yeah, one hundred percent. He's good for everyone. Yeah, just asking America thirteen twenty four ten. What do you need to break up with? Let's go to Steph. Good morning to you, Steph, good morning morning. I'll take us through. It's an open space here to Steph. Don't worry.
Speaker 15: Oh it's my brain time.
Speaker 11: It's Candy Crush.
Speaker 4: Candy Crush, Oh my god, Candy Crush has people by that, you know what, so hard across the entire planet. Why is it such an institution?
Speaker 13: Because your brain just switches off time. You know, it's time to yourself.
Speaker 17: You don't have to.
Speaker 16: Think, and you just got to get those.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's the that's the main point. Isn't it going to collect?
Speaker 8: That?
Speaker 4: Can?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 4: Do you know what? In terms of internet games or iPhone games, I was addicted for a good year and a half to doodle jump. So if people don't know what doodle jump is, it is literally it is literally a little doodle to jumps and you direct it where it goes and you see if you can get up. And I just score of one hundred thousand dollars. And I used to I don't know if I get in trouble saying this, I just to spend sometimes twenty five thirty thirty five minutes and tours the Channel seven playing Doodle Jump. That's good, isn't it.
Speaker 3: We've thrown out to Andrew Hayes. Andrew, what's happening down at the Port Adelaide Football Club? MOI go, little doodle to go.
Speaker 4: What are you going to do? Steph? How are you going to make the transition? You're going to break up? Or what?
Speaker 15: I'm going to have to delete the app?
Speaker 11: I'm going to have to do it.
Speaker 3: That's gonna I'm not going to have to do it for me.
Speaker 1: Oh dear, okay, thank you so much, Steph. I really appreciate you.
Speaker 7: Is there?
Speaker 1: I did hear a rumor that there was a game that producer Flack was addicted.
Speaker 4: No, here we go.
Speaker 6: About ten years ago, I was top ten highest score in the world for Angry Birds. Oh my gosh, in the top ten for the whole world.
Speaker 4: We were talking about we're talking about producers Zoe with some men repellent. I've just found woman repellent. Yeah you want proof?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I thought it was pretty cool. I was pretty proud of it. So I put it on my Tinder profile And how did you go?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 3: Well, you put angry birds as your Tinder profile.
Speaker 6: For you go put a little thing, and I was like, I'm the top ten in the world for angry birds.
Speaker 4: I thought that would be a big deal because a birds was really big at the time, flex logging and going oh no swaps today.
Speaker 3: All tomorrow, all for the next eight years. That's very sad.
Speaker 1: Emily from Glenowery, Good morning, Good morning. What do you need to break up with?
Speaker 7: Emily?
Speaker 19: I needed to break up with roller Derby.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, Roller Derby's brutal.
Speaker 3: It is brutal. Okay, tell us what.
Speaker 10: So after about ten months of my first year of doing it, stacked it and broke my left leg in two places and needed a boatload of metal work and strength to put my leg back together, and didn't decide to call an ambulance because I thought it was dust a sprain.
Speaker 4: I swear my leg naturally goes that way.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I'm so, my leg is naturally droopy. And then did all the rehab, got back on skates. A year later, almost two days, broke my right leg in three places.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, if you're not going to break up with Roller Derby, I'm doing it for I will call right now and tell them you don't.
Speaker 4: Are you still playing? What do you?
Speaker 17: I could not pray. I went back to do some off skate stuff, but it just broke my heart to stay around the sport that I wanted to do this as a child, so I had to step away.
Speaker 4: What's gonna happen, Emily, You're gonna break your legs again, You're gonna break your spine, You're gonna break everything. And eventually we're going to see at the roller derby it's just going to be a head in a jar on skates on a single skate going around.
Speaker 15: Look.
Speaker 17: I would pay to see that for myself.
Speaker 1: Oh, Emily, thank you so much for your call. Let's go to Melissa from Davaryn Park. Melissa, what do you need to break up with?
Speaker 19: I need a break up with my cigarettes?
Speaker 4: Yes, I know, I get that, I mean you do.
Speaker 3: How long have you been smoking for? Mel?
Speaker 10: Twenty years?
Speaker 3: Oh dear? Can I ask what age you started?
Speaker 16: Fifteen sixteen?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And how much does a packet of cigarettes cost these days?
Speaker 4: Mel?
Speaker 16: Forty to fifty bucks?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, that's so expensive.
Speaker 3: For one pack out? And how many packets a week would you go through? Two, okay, one hundred bucks a week on bags.
Speaker 4: Do you remember back in the day, Melissa, when you could literally go down to the general store a couple of bucks and get your dad a pack of cigarettes? Yep, you never go to We're talking decades ago. You've never got idea like who those smokes for? It's for dad? You go change from a five dollar?
Speaker 1: Have you tried everything? If you tried the patches, yeah.
Speaker 10: Try to purchase, try the tablets.
Speaker 1: Oh maybe maybe here's an idea.
Speaker 3: Just a full face mask, like a cage and lock it up.
Speaker 19: Yeah, that would work.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, so your mouth shut and listen, but it sounds like you start smoking through a year old or something.
Speaker 1: Good luck with that, all right, Jessica from Elizabeth, What do you need to break up with?
Speaker 15: I need to break up with Antimy.
Speaker 4: Do you know what happens? It must be the light, It must be the amount of drinks that you had. But looks so good looking at the bar, But when you get home and wake up the next day, you're like, what's going on here?
Speaker 15: To the point where I have like an order coming in every month, every month.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't feel too bad, just I'm sure it's so cheap that I'm sure there's weekly tem people out there who have packaging.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yourself too much.
Speaker 15: It's all like the convenience of like I can decorate my whole house with it at it be half the price of where you would find the in store.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Just do you ever get the stage where you feel like you're in the right process to break up and then TIMU somehow hooks you back in.
Speaker 15: Yeah, We're just like, oh, you've stored you know, two hundred dollars off your next order, and I'm like, oh, yeah, here we go again. Yeah, you know, it's been the lucky wheel. You get like another ten dollars, it's like.
Speaker 4: Congratulations, you got to turn the bucks off your next toilet bowl.
Speaker 15: And you're like, great, awesome, I didn't know I need that, but it's in my card anyway.
Speaker 1: Just I broke up with Timo when I purchased a plastic egg dispenser.
Speaker 3: That I have never used. Chockingly, It's always the way.
Speaker 15: It's always there's always something that you order and you're like, I didn't know I needed that, but it's there.
Speaker 4: But here we are.
Speaker 3: We're doing it for yourself. You're about to get your heart broken.
Speaker 4: No cheers. I think is like pretty carefable to move on.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, Timo's got about two hundred million backups.
Speaker 3: Don't worry.
Speaker 4: Good luck with the Jess wrong spot where you choose the music. But in twenty twenty five there's going to be a slight variation. Welcome to producers, are good morning. You've been busy.
Speaker 18: Produce that fuck and I have been very busy over the break. We're switching a Battle of the bang It's explain.
Speaker 3: How it's all going to work. Because I didn't listen in the meeting.
Speaker 7: Noel, I could see your eyes closing over.
Speaker 4: So yeah, the thing where her eyes looking in different directions like Chamelion has that bit of dribble outside. Yeah, and then you should know she's not tuning in.
Speaker 7: But really there's a humming sound.
Speaker 4: Do I also break those glasses with the eyes on them.
Speaker 3: Like reference to everything?
Speaker 18: No Young always So this this year it's going to be Battle of the Bangers through the years, right, so you know previously we've themed it up. You guys have chosen a song. Not this year, you're still choosing a song, but from a pre selected list.
Speaker 7: From a year for a random generator.
Speaker 18: All right, it'll make more sense as we get into it, Okay, Okay, So in a moment, you're going to spin the random digital generator and it will give you a year. So from the year, you'll have a selection of six songs. But you guys don't know those songs. You're going to hear them blind and you've got to buzz in with your selection for the week. Yea, yeah, So like as we go, you don't get to hear them twice or three times.
Speaker 4: So what if what if we go early and then we realize there's something better later on.
Speaker 7: That's called unlucky?
Speaker 4: Can we can we decommit? Helph?
Speaker 3: And you have to choose.
Speaker 1: It's not one of your relationships in the two thousand mate.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'll just keep my options open.
Speaker 18: So yeah, once you've chosen your song, it's locked in. The people decide what's best. If you don't choose a song by the end of the songs default, you get the last song, whether it's good orbout. Okay, are you ready to hit the generator for the first time?
Speaker 4: Is this some sort of time capsules that we're hopping in right now?
Speaker 7: Hopping into it? Everyone strap in seat.
Speaker 4: Belts, champion their jokes. All right, put your belt on. Oh my gosh, where are we?
Speaker 18: We are in two thousand and six? Whoa a great year for music?
Speaker 7: I will say so.
Speaker 3: When we want a song, we just yell out our name.
Speaker 18: Your name is your puzzle. I think that's that's a show rule. Your name is your puzzle.
Speaker 3: I'll get it eventually.
Speaker 18: Okay, here's your first song for two thousand and six.
Speaker 4: This feels like a Jody classic. I'm not a bad ac. Get rid of it. Well, I'm od because I was about to say this is Kelly Clarton.
Speaker 3: It's not all right, don't know no thanks.
Speaker 7: Song number three.
Speaker 4: Thirty teen to Marsh Yeah, my gosh, sad gosh. This is the song to song song song you.
Speaker 18: Got half way through?
Speaker 7: You can start making some selections.
Speaker 18: Song number four, Yes, Hazy, Okay, Hazy has lost in Crazy by nos Byle's reachtastic though.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, my heart's handing? What's going on?
Speaker 7: Is that a decision? See? There's two more songs, remember jods. If you don't pick the next one, you're stuck with the last.
Speaker 4: Okay, I just I'm starting the panic a little bit, all right.
Speaker 7: Next song song.
Speaker 4: Alright five you guys.
Speaker 7: Rock this party bad basic ship.
Speaker 3: Okayr The last was the last one?
Speaker 4: All right? Just to here the last which is ineligible. It's pretty good. I gotta say. This is two thousand and six, what was nineteen twenty years old and the Cole Scherzinger Old Boy, But not to be jokes. Our selections are locked.
Speaker 1: In you and that song, You and Nicole Scherzinger, not shame.
Speaker 18: This is huge, our first Battle of the Bangers twenty five.
Speaker 7: Thousand and six.
Speaker 18: You've locked in Hazy Crazy, Nol's Barkley locked and Jody has locked in a rock this party of bol oh oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Still in the timecas, it's as always.
Speaker 7: You vote on the Jody and Hazy Instagram.
Speaker 4: Very good.
Speaker 18: So our camera guyd Josh is about to put up the selection. You vote this time tomorrow we play.
Speaker 7: The winning song.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, this is fun. Battle of the Bangers is back, just ever so slightly retweaked