Speaker 1: We got get you morning every day Adelaides.
Speaker 2: Hello, friends, welcome along to the Jody and Hazy podcast.
Speaker 3: Here's some of the best bits from the air.
Speaker 4: Since the first moment that we started doing this show. What have I always said?
Speaker 3: It is what it is, but it isn't what it isn't that?
Speaker 1: And also, well, you can't trust escalators and Bangkok.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know you've always said that.
Speaker 4: We can't stress that enough for you're at nov Oh, You've just got to be so careful what about this?
Speaker 1: And this is quite graphic, so just be a little bit you'd be a little.
Speaker 3: Bit careful please if it's graphic.
Speaker 4: You know, I just it sort of mixes in with what I thought was always a bit of an urban myth. Okay, but this has come true. A tire woman lost her leg when it became stuck in a moving walkway at a Bangkok airport. One of those escalators, which if you're feeling a little bit lazy, you maybe've got heaps of luggage, you jump on there.
Speaker 1: You get a bit of a free lift.
Speaker 3: So one of the flat ones, not one going up.
Speaker 4: One of the flat ones, like a snail on the back of a turtle, just getting a free lift the flat ones along the ground, not going up the flat ones.
Speaker 2: How nurse did she lose her leg? Be careful?
Speaker 1: So she's fifty seven. Her name hasn't been released.
Speaker 4: She was set to board a flight in Bangkok and when she tripped over her suitcase right at the last second, her leg then got caught and dragged in a moving walkway the hubs terminal. Two horrified observers tried to turn off the emergency switch, and the machine continued tearing through the limbs, muscle tendonto.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: So no, when you're a little kid and you're on the escalator, you're like, you needs to jump off at the end, otherwise you'll get sucked in and you might get eaten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she almost got eaten.
Speaker 3: How did she take it?
Speaker 4: The photo and if you do see the article online, she takes it quite well. She's sitting there missing a leg and seems quite composed.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, the escalator got a leg.
Speaker 3: I just done the escalator. Escalator so angry.
Speaker 1: It's angry.
Speaker 2: What about the absolute fear though, when you are a small child and you're going down to the escalator and you're getting to the bottom and you're like, and you make them leap and you're making and you're like, oh.
Speaker 4: You know those moments as well. It's like a genuine moment of realization. Yeah, yeah, so I think I had one of them as soon as I read this article as well. To finally makes sense as the people keep on telling me I can't jump on an escalator naked, And the thing about that joke is that the truth is it might be the opposite. Like when my wife Kara met me for the first time and she looked me up and down when I was naked and said, well, you could travel on and escalator naked and be fine.
Speaker 1: And I said, what does.
Speaker 3: That mean is that comment?
Speaker 1: I said, you're hungry? And then we just moved on. Geez. Medicine has come a long way, hasn't it.
Speaker 3: It's incredible what they can do these days.
Speaker 4: This story that popped up at my desk, doctors and pop.
Speaker 3: Up on your desking? Never you should it popped up.
Speaker 2: On your phone to be honest, Why you were scrolling at dinner clog at night?
Speaker 1: What's the difference?
Speaker 4: Doctors in Jerusalem successfully reattached a boy's head after car accidents.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, what.
Speaker 4: A surgeon has performed a miracle surgery in reattaching a boy's head after being hit by a car while he was riding his bike. Twelve year old Palestinian boy suffered what is known as internal decapitation, in which the skull detaches from the spine. Upon arrival in the mergery, and doctor said his head was almost completely detached from the base of his neck. A procedure took several hours to complete but was a success as the twelve ye roll was discharged with a cervical splint. The operation occurred in June, but the doctors waited a couple of months to release the results, waited for it to be success.
Speaker 2: Wow, Jim, that's quite comforting to know that if you do lose your head that they can put it back on these days.
Speaker 1: Good too late for pity. In Jum and Dummer, he's dead. His head fell off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was pretty old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, another thing, he was quite old. Oh my god, thirteen twenty four ten. Yeah, when did your head for I reckon?
Speaker 2: You would have had a couple of nights out where you've woken up and gone, oh Jesus, cross my head.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, is it even on my shots thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 4: When did you wake up and your body was completely missing? And maybe you woke up and you were in a jar. If you're in a jar right now and you're just a head in the jar like Futurama, what they do there? Give us a call, get someone that gives a call, set it up on loudspeaking and have a chat with us.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten, When did you misplace your boons?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I remember one of the Grand Finals as well.
Speaker 4: Before I woke up on the Monday, just a head, body completely gone missing. CCT vision came back and I was still at mansions. I reckon dancing around to dance around like Peter Garrett with that head.
Speaker 2: But I like that at least your head made at home.
Speaker 4: Made at home, but your arms and legs everywhere, dancing though Peter Garrett days with the Premiership medal around a neck but no head.
Speaker 2: And I liked that your body was trying to chat up chicks, but the chicks are just like, oh.
Speaker 3: Man, this guy he doesn't even have a head. No, I'm not going to go home with him.
Speaker 4: She maybe would have done better because at least I didn't have breath that had been on the drink for two days Straight's old wives tales like what we learned when we were kids. I think there's a few which probably in your teens you learned that are just completely bogus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, completely outrageous.
Speaker 4: But as youngsters you think, wow, I mean, if this particular thing happens to me, I might just die. Well, one particular old wives tale has probably been proven true in Russia, and that is the swallowing of seeds, and what can happen from that?
Speaker 2: I literally just had a manda riin and now I was going to swallow the pits, but I'm not going to the world.
Speaker 1: Oh thank goodness.
Speaker 4: Russian doctors who were prepared to move a suspected cancer chimneer from twenty eight year old air to sidork and instead discovered a five centimeter tree growing in his lung.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: Initially thought to be cancer due to symptoms like sevie, a chest paint and coughing up blood, surgeons but stunned to find a small tree inside Sid's lung.
Speaker 1: My goodness, this is glam Sid for the sake of it.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: It's believed that he might have inhaled a seed which then sprouted.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, this is the stuff of horror movie.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that can actually happen. If you swallow a seed of something, it can grow inside of you.
Speaker 1: And unintentionally as well.
Speaker 4: As seed was just sort of half floating through the air and sid just took breath in at the wrong time and then bang, old tree lung over here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, it's all happening.
Speaker 2: Well. See, sometimes I feel like I inhaled, you know, full watermelon seeds, and then I grew a big watermelon inside my belly.
Speaker 4: See, And that's the thing when you're a youngster. I feel like it was maybe was spread amongst the primary school. Don't swallow watermelon seeds because I'll grow inside you. And then it was a real bully tactic for maybe the older kids to say, see that lady over there, see what's happening with her belly. She swallowed a watermelon seed, pointing to a heavily pregnant woman.
Speaker 1: I remember thinking that when.
Speaker 4: I was a youngster, really, oh my gosh, never swallow watermelon seed.
Speaker 1: Loving watermelons, yeah.
Speaker 4: But not not prepared to take the risk of swallowing a seed.
Speaker 1: So just avoiding watermelons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then heaven forbid, you grow a watermelon inside of you and it's not one of those seedless ones, and.
Speaker 3: Then you have to pick out Oh my god, what a disaster.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then you get a scan yeah, and they're like, oh, congratulations, eight months pregnant. You're like, no, I'm pretty sure it's a watermelon. Actually, I swatter a watermelon. Say doc, I'm going to get a second opinion.
Speaker 3: Call yourself an obstitution.
Speaker 1: Grow up, mate. The other one is chewing gum. Oh yes, staying in your stomach for seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. The other one was I reckon.
Speaker 2: I was told if you have a piece of steak that will sit in your guts for about six months.
Speaker 1: Really, yep, I never heard that one.
Speaker 4: Didn't you're staying in your guts for six months, that they will turn you off meat forever.
Speaker 3: Mate, you lived on a farm, they will feed you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Loves in steak, breakfast, lunch and dinner, and smoke as well.
Speaker 4: So the other one as well, which was an old wives tile, which we are still I mean home on the edge of incorporating to my kids right now, is sitting too close to the TV will make your eyes go square.
Speaker 3: Yes, so true, so true.
Speaker 1: Mate.
Speaker 4: So now when I say that to my son, sitting in front of that tablet will make your eyes go square, I feel like he looks at me and says, well, that's something I'm prepared to live on with in the future.
Speaker 3: Mister Hay's ever mentioned anything about going black?
Speaker 1: Who said that? Who said that?